PDA

View Full Version : Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Farzam
05-31-2019, 02:33 AM
Grumpy cause damnit my car isn't low enough

Lowered it an inch in the rear, pulled out camber (changed offset from -9 rear to +5), now my shit is still the same height lol

Corbic
05-31-2019, 06:22 AM
Grumpy cause damnit my car isn't low enough

Lowered it an inch in the rear, pulled out camber (changed offset from -9 rear to +5), now my shit is still the same height lolMeh.

Obviously not old. You'll one day raise it up so you can actually drive hard and in comfort.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/b1baca906f2699c5eed19feca62eefb5.jpg

Nothing is as sexy as old school muscle stance.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190531/a908b4bab4ecd4c8e83ce304bcf69af4.jpg

Wheel wells filled, low belt line, high floor and plenty of clearance.

Farzam
05-31-2019, 12:47 PM
Meh.

Obviously not old. You'll one day raise it up so you can actually drive hard and in comfort.

My jalop isn't that low. pre-2018 me woulda gotten 215/35 225/35 and slammed the shit as low as I could have. 2018+ me is grown, sophisticated, refined. My coilovers still have plenty of thread to go down. Now I buy 40 sidewall front tires.

I just wanted it a little lower cause I'm towing the car to VA to Springfest this weekend. Stephen is gonna be there, very excited for him to see the car after all these years and changes.

The older I get, the more I wish my car had wipers, A/C, heat, carpet, a passenger seat, mirrors that are useful, etc. BUT I find solace in the spirit of the drive. I have an e36 sedan I am planning to build as my comfortable mountain carver.

Speaking of BMW's, my old E46 M3 track car was up for sale for cheap. Pretty much bone stock now but if I wasn't in LA at the time I would have snatched it up for nostalgia's sake/to resell lol

dizzariot
06-01-2019, 06:29 PM
I like it a whole lot when people who you know know better try to lowball you on your LMGT4s. One of the chief reasons being that they're 17" and therefore not as desirable. Oh yeah man, take a chunk out and ask me to cover shipping. I wasn't aware 9j+22 was so unpopular.

My jalop isn't that low. pre-2018 me woulda gotten 215/35 225/35 and slammed the shit as low as I could have. 2018+ me is grown, sophisticated, refined. My coilovers still have plenty of thread to go down. Now I buy 40 sidewall front tires.

Dude 100%. I want my car to be low but I also want to get my money's worth out of my tires and enjoy the ride. I got a set of Hipermax GTs for my S15 and they're seriously the shit. They were having a great sale so I got them for a fraction of the cost. The quality and precision put into the EVERYTHING they do is fucking radical. The manual (not generic, S15 specific), the engraved spanner wrenches that aren't some eBay shit, and the fact that HKS has preset them from the jump is super cool. They have a blurb in the manual that basically reads as follows:

"Yo dawg, u know we car scientists n shit. After all our experiments we think this preset height and dampening works well with this size wheel and tire. We got u fam. Throw this prescription on the car and ur gonna b fukken sikkkkk dawgieeee."

I went lower than the prescribed height, but holy shit man these are the most comfortable coilovers I've ever owned. I avoid a lot of 'big name' shit but HKS has hooked me.

Now that I'm done telling y'all I've seen the light, back to your topic: my car is low enough to look 'alright' but still to the point where my tires (in my opinion) are too big but I don't rub or hit anywhere even when driving..hastily.

...I still wish it was lower though. Cons of being a pussy I suppose.

keioffice
06-02-2019, 01:28 PM
I agree with the person above. I aint using a marker when you can go to a bank.
I sold a downhill mtn bike at the bank because it was 1500. The buyer was surprised when I asked him to have the funds checked inside.
Like what did you think was going to happen when I asked to meet in a bank parking lot lol

It is either people take it personal or they are scammers, It isn't hard to go to the bank. You are from the Midwest so you know, I think some of these other posters are probably from Cali where folks are too stupid to not get scammed then they make a thread about it saying oh poor me I got my car/wheels/house jacked and they cry about it instead of not letting it happen in the first place. I don't see the issue at all, it takes all of 10 minutes at most (to go to the bank). I am not selling a Impala ss to some guy with gold teeth without going to the bank, sorry. It is hilarious how much people on the west coast get ripped off and rip each other off so often, then they complain about it, its just the culture out there to low ball and be cheapskates. West coast fools are the ultimate suckers and it is a never ending circle of it, fucking hilarious. 1500$ isn't chump change, and mountain bikes are especially non traceable compared to cars or even dirt bikes (I assume), you were smart to have the bills checked and fuck a marker, that isn't your job, just meet at a bank are a safe used car spot that have been set up around the usa that are next to banks and police offices.

kanyedian
06-02-2019, 01:34 PM
So I was messaging with someone last week on Letgo (oof) trying to by my ZX-6R for sale. He said he wanted to come Thursday but I work so we settled on Friday. He said he was coming from Orlando and I'm in Clearwater (about an hour and a half drive). We get to talking and everything seems fine. Then I tell him to bring cash as I'll have the title ready. Aaaaaaaaand :ghost: lmao :facepalm:

He said he was coming for a test drive.. You think that is free? No rides without cash in hand! :Pewpew:

keioffice
06-02-2019, 01:45 PM
So I was messaging with someone last week on Letgo (oof) trying to by my ZX-6R for sale. He said he wanted to come Thursday but I work so we settled on Friday. He said he was coming from Orlando and I'm in Clearwater (about an hour and a half drive). We get to talking and everything seems fine. Then I tell him to bring cash as I'll have the title ready. Aaaaaaaaand :ghost: lmao :facepalm:

He said he was coming for a test drive.. You think that is free? No rides without cash in hand! :Pewpew:
Yea, test drive right out of town... Don't know how it is like with Street bikes but a bunch of hillbilly's have been getting ripped off with dirt bikes in recent years with the old test drive routine (People selling bikes to people who live in the city and obviously don't practice/race at an actual track...). I imagine it aint fun selling a bike in Florida, stay safe for real I got lots of stories from the motocross community and selling bikes to people who don't seem to actually ride/race in the past 10 years. Test drive then, SEE YA, good luck getting that back. Even if you find it, police won't do shit, and if you try to get it back you are risking your own lively hood. Or you could just get a marker from office max, it is so easy (sarcasm).

kanyedian
06-02-2019, 01:55 PM
I feel you. I def wouldn't allow it if I got a bad feeling from the guy. But if I got cash in hand then hey, guess you bought it lol. But I would follow on one of my other bikes anyway aha.

keioffice
06-02-2019, 03:26 PM
I feel you. I def wouldn't allow it if I got a bad feeling from the guy. But if I got cash in hand then hey, guess you bought it lol. But I would follow on one of my other bikes anyway aha.

I understand wanting a test drive of course, and look over what they are purchasing. If they want to drive the bike they can leave me their license, or I will hold the cash if they have a friend with them to wait with me (never had a problem with this). Cars are different because if they want to test drive it, well I go with them, with a friend in the back (never had a problem with this either before trying to sell this ss).

Never sold a street bike, I raced/rode motocross though and selling bikes used to not be a big thing until probably 10 years ago and I am not even that old. If someone wants to buy something it isn't hard, but trusting people you don't know WILL get you burned eventually. Selling a street bike in Florida sounds fun...

I am not up on these cellphone/internet apps that probably take the place of Craigslist now-a-days even though I am only 26 years old (young). The convenience makes it even more sketchy, just trying to give a heads up to potential sellers of used goods. Lots of motocross bike sellers have been getting scammed because they trust the buyer. Just some words of wisdom

Having a bike there to follow them is nice, but wait till they lead you into an area you don't want to be riding your bike into. This is a classic story when it comes to motocross bike theft. You are in Florida, come on man you know you don't want to be following folks to some parts of town.

kanyedian
06-02-2019, 03:47 PM
I've had good luck selling wheels on the apps. Facebook marketplace seems to be the best bet for selling the bike doe. I've only received scammy type emails from the CL ad.

feito
06-03-2019, 12:13 AM
lol, how this kanedian guy got bad rep anyway? He's fresh and constant blood to the forum. At least he aint no hubeny lol. or what was that guy with the orange zenki called?

izzy-
06-03-2019, 09:17 AM
lol, how this kanedian guy got bad rep anyway? He's fresh and constant blood to the forum. At least he aint no hubeny lol. or what was that guy with the orange zenki called?

Charizard or something like that

jumpman2334
06-03-2019, 09:42 AM
some dumb shit about going to the bank (again)

can you really not tell a real 100 bill from a fake one? i cant believe you are still talking about this.

IIIXziuR
06-03-2019, 09:43 AM
Y'all ever watch M Hubeny's YouTube channel? :goyou:
He is a a dummy, but actually, he deserves props for selling Tommy FYeah Nismo old logo floor mats for $1300.

kanyedian
06-03-2019, 12:50 PM

:love: :keke:

I got a bad rep for saying I don't like to tip huge amounts at the bar, and again for not knowing a bumper on a car someone posted was a stock one (I'm only three weeks into learning about S Chassis), and again for "posting in every topic." Which as I recall is much the point of a forum..

Five or more years ago I was in an 8th Gen civic forum and it was sooo poppin'. Was a lot of fun since I work at a desk all day. Some people just aren't nice! I cried when I got my bad rep but I just got a positive one last night so now I'm dancing :fruit:

dizzariot
06-03-2019, 05:33 PM
Y'all ever watch M Hubeny's YouTube channel? :goyou:
He is a a dummy, but actually, he deserves props for selling Tommy FYeah Nismo old logo floor mats for $1300.

Dude. He's like a vampire. Don't mention invite him and he won't show up.

EDIT: but like a vampire that sucks assholes. Not blood.

:love: :keke:

I got a bad rep for saying I don't like to tip huge amounts at the bar, and again for not knowing a bumper on a car someone posted was a stock one (I'm only three weeks into learning about S Chassis), and again for "posting in every topic." Which as I recall is much the point of a forum..

Five or more years ago I was in an 8th Gen civic forum and it was sooo poppin'. Was a lot of fun since I work at a desk all day. Some people just aren't nice! I cried when I got my bad rep but I just got a positive one last night so now I'm dancing :fruit:

Dude you're doing fine. I think when your name pops up everywhere it kind of sends up a red flag, but then again most people are like me and rotate in and out of all the shit talking threads. Fuck 'em.

keioffice
06-04-2019, 02:23 PM
can you really not tell a real 100 bill from a fake one? i cant believe you are still talking about this.

I am much more worried about the buyer transferring the title and having deal with that. Bill of sale is only worth the signature, I delegate things I am not an expert in (cash bills) to those that are (the bank). I'm not selling used stuff but maybe once a couple years, so if I do, I bring people to the bank to check the bills and it makes me more comfortable to know they will change the title because they are being straight up. I hardly ever deal in cash because I am not a scrub. I will pay you to check my bills next time I make a used car sale how much % you want? I've only ever used cash for one thing, and it aint cars.

kanyedian
06-04-2019, 02:53 PM
I am much more worried about the buyer transferring the title and having deal with that. Bill of sale is only worth the signature, I delegate things I am not an expert in (cash bills) to those that are (the bank). I'm not selling used stuff but maybe once a couple years, so if I do, I bring people to the bank to check the bills and it makes me more comfortable to know they will change the title because they are being straight up. I hardly ever deal in cash because I am not a scrub. I will pay you to check my bills next time I make a used car sale how much % you want? I've only ever used cash for one thing, and it aint cars.

For 20 minutes with a street walker!!!!!!!!

jumpman2334
06-04-2019, 03:10 PM
I've only ever used cash for one thing, and it aint cars.

so what is your bartering medium? your mouth?

Farzam
06-04-2019, 05:07 PM

You sound fun at parties

For 20 minutes with a street walker!!!!!!!!

Fuck up that rental dawg lol

RalliartRsX
06-05-2019, 06:34 AM
20 mins.......ya'll giving him too much credit........

keioffice
06-05-2019, 07:44 AM
20 mins.......ya'll giving him too much credit........
You beat me to it, who needs 20 minutes?

keioffice
06-05-2019, 08:54 AM
so what is your bartering medium? your mouth?

You are the one who is so good at spotting bills, must be easy after sucking off every tom, dick and harry in town. I don't barter mate, I am not a pleb like you. Now stop propositioning me, I'm not into that kind of funny business.

Corbic
06-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Bunch of grumpy ass old queens in here.

SupaDoopa
06-06-2019, 06:15 AM
Spent about 10 minutes reading over two pages about someone who is too lazy to check money with a pen for counterfeit bills and someone who may or may not offer sexual favors for car parts.

Sounds about par for the course on here.

keioffice
06-06-2019, 06:27 AM
Spent about 10 minutes reading over two pages about someone who is too lazy to check money with a pen for counterfeit bills and someone who may or may not offer sexual favors for car parts.

Sounds about par for the course on here.

https://youtu.be/9UaJAnnipkY https://youtu.be/9UaJAnnipkY 隠された意図

cant even link videos in das thread, no wonder people who buy nissans are plebs.

spooled240
06-06-2019, 08:35 AM
...and someone who may or may not offer sexual favors for car parts.

Giving a whole new meaning to "what's the lowest you'll go"

SupaDoopa
06-06-2019, 10:00 AM
https://youtu.be/9UaJAnnipkY https://youtu.be/9UaJAnnipkY 隠された意図

cant even link videos in das thread, no wonder people who buy nissans are plebs.

Oh no shit. I didn't realize that changed.

keioffice
06-06-2019, 11:23 PM
:angel:Giving a whole new meaning to "what's the lowest you'll go"

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

kanyedian
06-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Giving a whole new meaning to "what's the lowest you'll go"

:angel:

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/hay%20bunny.gif

SupaDoopa
06-10-2019, 06:19 AM
After wasting 5 minutes of my life researching past posts, I understand why you hate this kid. The location doesn't help.

Farzam
06-12-2019, 05:44 AM
Zilvia is dying. This makes me sad.

dorkidori_s13
06-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Zilvia is dying. This makes me sad.

zilvias been on life support for years! advertisers are gone, very little user activity and outdated version of phpBB.

ive been saying it for years... FB took over and zilvia is becoming a relic of what once was.

kanyedian
06-12-2019, 12:34 PM
Do any of you grump f*cks watch Formula 1? Or other forms of motorsport?

If so what did you think of the time penalty assigned to Vettel in this last Gran Prix of Canada?

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/um/eusa_think.gif

Video of incident:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqhX-ZzPhzo
gqhX-ZzPhzo

Some post-race talk:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTc1z2jWgE
kvTc1z2jWgE

Agamemnon
06-12-2019, 01:24 PM
Vettel got absolutely robbed of win. The fans got absolutely robbed of a great race. Unless the telemetry is released to the public showing Vettel purposely cut Hamilton off, I think it’s safe to say the stewards really bowed down to Mercedes.

kanyedian
06-12-2019, 01:28 PM
The only thing I question about it is when Vettel can be seen steering again to the right after he rejoined. I fully acknowledge that that was a maneuver meant to regain control of the vehicle. But I also think there is something to be said for Vettel experiencing an unforced error, i.e. cutting the corner with too much speed, and subsequently retaining his position ahead of Hammy.

If the rule is "unsafe reentry" then I can see how that can be applied here. Although five seconds seems too harsh as the racing was very close. Two second penalty would have made it really interesting because both drivers would have to race really hard to have an advantage.

deolio
06-12-2019, 02:02 PM
Unless the telemetry is released to the public showing Vettel purposely cut Hamilton off, I think it’s safe to say the stewards really bowed down to Mercedes.

this.

but regardless, i think unsafe reentry is fair. you shouldn't cut a corner and just keep racing as if nothing happened because then what's to stop people from cutting corners regularly to gain an advantage? slippery slope.

kanyedian
06-12-2019, 02:18 PM
It was pretty funny when Vettel moved the sign boards in front of Hamilton's car haha. Glad it didn't get physical between the two drivers. It really is the stewards that are responsible for the outcome.

deolio
06-12-2019, 03:38 PM
Glad it didn't get physical between the two drivers. It really is the stewards that are responsible for the outcome.

i don't think that's something that would happen. seems like there's a lot of respect between the two of them. after qualifying hamilton looked genuinely excited to have a challenge in front of him.

Farzam
06-13-2019, 06:33 AM
Do any of you grump f*cks watch Formula 1? Or other forms of motorsport?

If so what did you think of the time penalty assigned to Vettel in this last Gran Prix of Canada?

I don't really know the rules all that well so first and foremost let that be known BUT I think it was kinda harsh, but not surprising.

zilvias been on life support for years! advertisers are gone, very little user activity and outdated version of phpBB.

ive been saying it for years... FB took over and zilvia is becoming a relic of what once was.

Valid as shit, BUT still hurts my heart to see.

A very very OG drift series in the US is *MAY* end and it really pisses me off. Nothing super significant, but a historic group and they didn't leave anyone to pass the torch to which bums me out.

240's make me feel like an emo kid who refuses to grow up sometimes

SupaDoopa
06-13-2019, 06:37 AM
Which drift series is that?

Bushido
06-13-2019, 07:13 AM
My 240 has been in storage for the past 10 months, been renting a garage for it.
Finally decided to put it up for sale (check my post if you're interested). Hopefully there is someone out there that will want it, drive it, and take care of it. Otherwise, it'll stay parked in a garage for a few more years at least... Never thought i'd sell the car but it doesn't make sense to bring it over to Europe.

Farzam
06-13-2019, 07:13 AM
Which drift series is that?

Thinking back on it, I'm not sure if he meant the particular event at that venue or their series altogether. What he said directly eluded to the former whereas the explanation behind it moreso implied the latter. I'll have to follow up and see later today

Bushido
06-13-2019, 07:15 AM
double post

jumpman2334
06-13-2019, 09:32 AM
My 240 has been in storage for the past 10 months, been renting a garage for it.
Finally decided to put it up for sale (check my post if you're interested). Hopefully there is someone out there that will want it, drive it, and take care of it. Otherwise, it'll stay parked in a garage for a few more years at least... Never thought i'd sell the car but it doesn't make sense to bring it over to Europe.

My 240 has been in storage for the past 10 months, been renting a garage for it. Finally decided to put it up for sale (check my post if you're interested). Hopefully there is someone out there that will want it, drive it, and take care of it. Otherwise, it'll stay parked in a garage for a few more years at least... Never thought i'd sell the car but it doesn't make sense to bring it over to Europe.

well all know where the cars for sale section is on this site. no need to crap up this thread, theres already enough fecal matter in it. ;)

also, im sorry you have to move to Euro land.

SupaDoopa
06-13-2019, 09:37 AM
well all know where the cars for sale section is on this site. no need to crap up this thread, theres already enough fecal matter in it. ;)

also, im sorry you have to move to Euro land.

I don't think you have to worry about him going anywhere. With imported Silvia's flooding the market all of a sudden, I'm hard pressed to think that beautiful toy will sit in a garage forever and I'm low key happy about him sticking around. <3

dizzariot
06-13-2019, 05:19 PM
I think it's dead because a lot of us aren't happy with moderation. I hate get chastised for 'hazing' new people but I wouldn't be hazing them if the shit was MODERATED.

...and I get it. There are only a handful of mods, but I keep volunteering. I think other people are volunteering, too. I don't know, man. If they want to keep traffic up they could let us clean this place up but it's almost like the incorrectly placed threads and shit bring the type of traffic the owners want. Who knows.

I'm just sick of all the dick-riding and the immediate hypocrisy of the 'new' people.

"Hey I tried to search, but here's a topic you're going to automatically search to fact-check me and see that I'm full of shit about searching for."

*10min later

"Wow how are you justified in calling me out for bullshitting when you caught me being lazy. No wonder this forum has reputation I knew about but decided to test and now want to be mad about the outcome."

OR

"Hey bros let me spam the same 3 dude's cars from IG and make it sound like they aren't rotating one of three looks: OEM, OEM+, and NOT OEM BUT KINDA OEM!"

(...and as a fan of TEs/LMs, the cars I'm picturing will always have a set of these wheels until someone brings a set of GTNs back and everyone wants to copy said person.)

We're in a rat race.

deolio
06-13-2019, 06:10 PM
i highly doubt the moderation or the ol' zilvia welcome party has anything to do with the real reason zilvia is seeing less traffic. getting spoon-fed on facebook is just so much easier.

also, people are addicted to getting likes, shares, and having nutswingers all up in their shit, which is the opposite of zilvia (typically).

but really, who even cares if less people are on here, as long as the important ones stick around it's cool. all the people i wanna tell to fuck off and drink a beer with are all right here.

dizzariot
06-13-2019, 06:59 PM
i highly doubt the moderation or the ol' zilvia welcome party has anything to do with the real reason zilvia is seeing less traffic. getting spoon-fed on facebook is just so much easier.

also, people are addicted to getting likes, shares, and having nutswingers all up in their shit, which is the opposite of zilvia (typically).

but really, who even cares if less people are on here, as long as the important ones stick around it's cool. all the people i wanna tell to fuck off and drink a beer with are all right here.

Yeah I never really cared how busy it was, but it would be cool if we could stay organized. I get bored A LOT and I used to like coming here but the time difference isn't exactly helping me lol.

kanyedian
06-13-2019, 07:12 PM
Yeah I never really cared how busy it was, but it would be cool if we could stay organized. I get bored A LOT and I used to like coming here but the time difference isn't exactly helping me lol.

In the past I've used forums as a place to chat as well. That's pretty much how I'm treating this thread. And to some extent the Future RWD coupé thread as well.

I would post more just fun conversation things but still trying dodge the thread police a bit. It'll take time to become acclimated and possibly acculturated into Zilvia LOL. Same for most groups doe

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/badger.gif

collegekid
06-13-2019, 07:26 PM
It's also quite hard to keep up on reading threads let alone post stuff. It sounds like a lot of you guys have families, work, and projects yet find time to get on here. How?

I've actually got an easier schedule since I graduated and I'm dragged into one thing or another. Don't give me that time management bullshit either because my shit is on a routine and I'm still pissed that its goddamn 9:30 pm already.

kanyedian
06-13-2019, 07:49 PM
Well I for one am only on here while at work. Which happens to be at a computer all day. The weekends or time I'm at home I don't even think about the forum.

I joined a month or so ago after buying a Sil and have been slowly educating myself on things and trying to have fun with posts as well. I work 2:30p-11p so I'm almost outta heerreeeeee

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/coffee.gif

SupaDoopa
06-14-2019, 06:27 AM
I think it's dead because a lot of us aren't happy with moderation. I hate get chastised for 'hazing' new people but I wouldn't be hazing them if the shit was MODERATED.

...and I get it. There are only a handful of mods, but I keep volunteering. I think other people are volunteering, too. I don't know, man. If they want to keep traffic up they could let us clean this place up but it's almost like the incorrectly placed threads and shit bring the type of traffic the owners want. Who knows.

I'm just sick of all the dick-riding and the immediate hypocrisy of the 'new' people.

"Hey I tried to search, but here's a topic you're going to automatically search to fact-check me and see that I'm full of shit about searching for."

*10min later

"Wow how are you justified in calling me out for bullshitting when you caught me being lazy. No wonder this forum has reputation I knew about but decided to test and now want to be mad about the outcome."

OR

"Hey bros let me spam the same 3 dude's cars from IG and make it sound like they aren't rotating one of three looks: OEM, OEM+, and NOT OEM BUT KINDA OEM!"

(...and as a fan of TEs/LMs, the cars I'm picturing will always have a set of these wheels until someone brings a set of GTNs back and everyone wants to copy said person.)

We're in a rat race.

I could give a fuck is someone gives me shit over hazing new kids. If you blatantly disregards everyones time and clutter a thread or make new ones with bullshit and nonsense, you will pay.

I agree that the lack of moderation here is partially why I didn't post for a good time. I have been doing this long enough to where I didn't need to ask questions and I came here just to read random chat threads, see what's for sale and chit chat with the OG friend circle. Recently, the influx of sheer stupidity - like some moron that was arguing that SSR isn't Speed Star for nearly a full page - that made me want to download an IP tracker, drive to his house and steal their keyboards.

I should ask for my moderator power back promising I won't go on a long hiatus again. That shit would have been nipped real quick.

Corbic
06-14-2019, 09:34 AM
You are all wrong but also all right.

Zilvia as a forum has been miss managed for a damn year decade. Ancient interface, poor moderation, no value ad for premium membership. I gave up with the Chinese Spam Bot invasion - never seen that on any web-forum before.

They also got rid of the Like/Dislike - Prestige system. Stupid move. Being able to like posts and give credit to people helps build rapport and a sense of community. It also helps highlight the trolls and idiots.

240's seem to appeal almost entirely to broke children with short attention spans. Yes, plenty of old baller patient dudes... but that "plenty" is in this thread. The rest are vain, short thinking, temper-tantrum throwing, yolo shouting spoiled brats spamming Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

They don't want to become members of a "community", they don't find enjoyment in actually reading about the cars or members - yes, that is part of the hobby in it's self - just spending hours reading about tech tips, history, or build threads.

Good Example - SR20 vs KA-T. There is enjoyment in building a giant thread arguing the merits of both engines, costs of building them, options for setups and seeing what everyone thinks, has done and what they think can be done.

But these kids don't even want to do that - they just want an answer "swap the SR bruh" and that's it.

Same goes for build threads - those are dead because kids don't want to take the time to record and share their efforts - nor do they want to sit down and read what someone else did.

They'd rather just make a YouTube/IG/Snap series of clips hyping their shit. They'd rather watch a "projects car" video from YouTube or some schleps from Australia making stupid jokes. It's all about that constant stimuli and immediate satisfaction. (Just look at the evolution of video games - from complex RPG's like FF7 or Pokemon to fucking Fortnite, I can't even believe Age of Empires was ever a thing).

Plenty of other forums with diverse communities are alive and well. This is because those cars generally attract a wider range of individuals that still support the community. The 240sx remains a highly popular car - unlike a DSM or 3000GT - you go over to any 3000GT forum and it's like the whole place instantly died back in 2009 - but that's because it's also a dead platform.

Corbic
06-14-2019, 09:39 AM
VkHCg1Xth0Q

SupaDoopa
06-14-2019, 10:58 AM
I am just baffled why we still live in the 'post count' era. Kids are finding any reason to post something fucking stupid just for the sake of posting. I read a build thread today and Dazz told a kid to fuck off because he was saying stupid shit every so often. I'm glad some of those like me still exist.

jumpman2334
06-14-2019, 11:05 AM
I am just baffled why we still live in the 'post count' era.
Says the same person who thinks join date matters.

SupaDoopa
06-14-2019, 12:30 PM
Didn't say it mattered but I can't change the fact that every new member is 99-time-out-of-100 useless and a clutter.

jumpman2334
06-14-2019, 02:28 PM
i must have gotten you mixed up with someone else (old grumpy brain). i apologize Mr. banana phone person.

Corbic
06-14-2019, 02:33 PM
Didn't say it mattered but I can't change the fact that every new member is 99-time-out-of-100 useless and a clutter.#hardtruth

dizzariot
06-14-2019, 04:53 PM
I could give a fuck is someone gives me shit over hazing new kids. If you blatantly disregards everyones time and clutter a thread or make new ones with bullshit and nonsense, you will pay.

I agree that the lack of moderation here is partially why I didn't post for a good time. I have been doing this long enough to where I didn't need to ask questions and I came here just to read random chat threads, see what's for sale and chit chat with the OG friend circle. Recently, the influx of sheer stupidity - like some moron that was arguing that SSR isn't Speed Star for nearly a full page - that made me want to download an IP tracker, drive to his house and steal their keyboards.

I should ask for my moderator power back promising I won't go on a long hiatus again. That shit would have been nipped real quick.

I don't care either. The only reason I bring it up is because it's been used against me a few times whenever I ask if I'd be considered for moderator. Maybe one of the only good things I've learned in the military is to not let your personal opinions get in the way of the job...something a couple moderators are guilty of already but get a pass.

If you remember correctly, Zilvia seemed to be getting a little soft and at the height of our shit talking I remember being threatened to be pinked multiple times. Some moderators would PM me telling me to simply 'chill out' and others would just threaten to pink me. Beyond that, yes...these new people get what they deserve.

Again, I still like it here. I just think I could add to the forum.

I like how we make it hard here. I like how there are a few examples of people that you would ASSUME would get roasted on here but fit in. Juusco being a prime example. There are others that have '18 or '19 join dates that still manage to get along because they follow the rules. It's proof enough to me that you just have to not be a mouth-breather to have a good time here.

feito
06-15-2019, 10:49 AM
i must have gotten you mixed up with someone else (old grumpy brain). i apologize Mr. banana phone person.
"banana phone person."? You do realize who that is, right? That's katy perry in her good years. Good old young katy perry with those glorious titties :drool:
love that banana pic

Corbic
06-15-2019, 09:04 PM
"banana phone person."? You do realize who that is, right? That's katy perry in her good years. Good old young katy perry with those glorious titties :drool:

love that banana picPlease don't bring back those painful memories, the time when she was hot and fun.... And not a shaved head shrieking SJW.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/47a44d87b2495aa647226ed30e04165e/tenor.gif?itemid=7886879

OB4znOVsfnA

Farzam
06-16-2019, 04:50 AM
I think the main issue is that pretty much everyone who made zilvia worth a damn jumped ship. People grow up, get lame, and stop building shitty Nissans sometimes.

Allow me to inspire you to continue shitty Nissan things

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/64543037_10162005640145296_9047860521881042944_o.j pg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQndlTPEzwWKrnpm-j6JkB5AOIBCZG6PPY1suC677KvWw_ya5QLBdp0xP63MIugjVmw&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=c5619a69a64185c9fe9bb94b5654618a&oe=5D7BAD18

I hate uneven pavement :wtc:

They're better than the pricks with KBD aero and BCL wings. And the Hoonigan 4x4 missile car/demolition derby rigs. But yeah, those kids piss me off. They think they know fucking everything because they browsed Tumblr, and are veeeery particular about the pedigree of parts. It's like Supreme kids but with 2001 JDM parts. It's funny cause if you show them posts from 2006 on zilvia they blow their loads and are surprised we had "culture" back then :cj:

add me on ig bro @cali2carolina I follow4follow/like4like fam

Just us isn't enough. We need new blood, and old blood back lol. I miss seeing people fab shit, come up with solutions, create stuff, etc. Zilvia used to be the forefront for S-chassis information/progression.

Someone posted a Fast and Furious quote thread in the CHAT section and it rides. 2019, dude. lol

I miss the old mods. Maybe it's time for additional/new ones.

You are all wrong but also all right.

Zilvia as a forum has been miss managed for a damn year decade. Ancient interface, poor moderation, no value ad for premium membership. I gave up with the Chinese Spam Bot invasion - never seen that on any web-forum before.

They also got rid of the Like/Dislike - Prestige system. Stupid move. Being able to like posts and give credit to people helps build rapport and a sense of community. It also helps highlight the trolls and idiots.

240's seem to appeal almost entirely to broke children with short attention spans. Yes, plenty of old baller patient dudes... but that "plenty" is in this thread. The rest are vain, short thinking, temper-tantrum throwing, yolo shouting spoiled brats spamming Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.

They don't want to become members of a "community", they don't find enjoyment in actually reading about the cars or members - yes, that is part of the hobby in it's self - just spending hours reading about tech tips, history, or build threads.

Good Example - SR20 vs KA-T. There is enjoyment in building a giant thread arguing the merits of both engines, costs of building them, options for setups and seeing what everyone thinks, has done and what they think can be done.

But these kids don't even want to do that - they just want an answer "swap the SR bruh" and that's it.

Same goes for build threads - those are dead because kids don't want to take the time to record and share their efforts - nor do they want to sit down and read what someone else did.

They'd rather just make a YouTube/IG/Snap series of clips hyping their shit. They'd rather watch a "projects car" video from YouTube or some schleps from Australia making stupid jokes. It's all about that constant stimuli and immediate satisfaction. (Just look at the evolution of video games - from complex RPG's like FF7 or Pokemon to fucking Fortnite, I can't even believe Age of Empires was ever a thing).

Plenty of other forums with diverse communities are alive and well. This is because those cars generally attract a wider range of individuals that still support the community. The 240sx remains a highly popular car - unlike a DSM or 3000GT - you go over to any 3000GT forum and it's like the whole place instantly died back in 2009 - but that's because it's also a dead platform.

I was a broke child with a short attention span when I joined, but I was brought under y'alls wings and did some learning. I think I joined when I was 15 and made a new account when I was 16. Yakotas13?? got me my premie membership and it honestly helped me a lot as a human and as a car enthusiast. So as much as it's our job to tell people to fuck off, we need to keep an eye out for diamonds that need polishing. If not to help raise the new generation, to preserve our finite supply of chassis' lol

I submitted a build thread like, a week or so ago, and it's either denied or in purgatory lol

It's ironic that kids rather watch a YouTube video, half the time it's 20 minutes of filler and 5 minutes that I could actually pay attention to. Probably why they like it, so they can browse instagram at the same time lol

dorkidori_s13
06-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Someone posted a Fast and Furious quote thread in the CHAT section and it rides. 2019, dude. lol

I miss the old mods. Maybe it's time for additional/new ones.

i let it ride because at least its staying active and people are having FUN with it...

dizzariot
06-16-2019, 06:55 PM
i let it ride because at least its staying active and people are having FUN with it...

...the point here is that it's in the wrong place, but since YOU like it you allow someone (that already has a shitty rep) keep it in Chat. Seems like it belongs in Off-Topic Chat with the E3 Thread and other random threads.

feito
06-16-2019, 09:08 PM
Please don't bring back those painful memories, the time when she was hot and fun.... And not a shaved head shrieking SJW.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/47a44d87b2495aa647226ed30e04165e/tenor.gif?itemid=7886879

OB4znOVsfnA
Tell me about it man, a real tragedy. Remember that super bowl she did? I think that was the last time I saw her looking hot

https://i.redd.it/igayilplpjj11.jpg

Corbic
06-16-2019, 11:06 PM
She was smoking with that awesome vintage style and wackiness. Seemed like someone that would have been a total blast to hang and party with.

Now she's just pure toxic SJW cringe.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/1843585.main_image.gif?strip=all

https://media1.tenor.com/images/db3e8e05cfcfb69861f229f405f7c62d/tenor.gif

SupaDoopa
06-17-2019, 07:41 AM
I don't care either. The only reason I bring it up is because it's been used against me a few times whenever I ask if I'd be considered for moderator. Maybe one of the only good things I've learned in the military is to not let your personal opinions get in the way of the job...something a couple moderators are guilty of already but get a pass.

If you remember correctly, Zilvia seemed to be getting a little soft and at the height of our shit talking I remember being threatened to be pinked multiple times. Some moderators would PM me telling me to simply 'chill out' and others would just threaten to pink me. Beyond that, yes...these new people get what they deserve.

Again, I still like it here. I just think I could add to the forum.

I like how we make it hard here. I like how there are a few examples of people that you would ASSUME would get roasted on here but fit in. Juusco being a prime example. There are others that have '18 or '19 join dates that still manage to get along because they follow the rules. It's proof enough to me that you just have to not be a mouth-breather to have a good time here.

I'm a wounded veteran myself. I can vouch for the unbiased especially while deployed and attached to other countries fire teams in smaller COP's. 11B is a humbling experience and a MOS that always catches a bad rap but that form of everyone leaving their shit at home and going to work for the common good would do a LOT of people some good - including this forum. You can see where a lot of favoritism played out and another reason why my name isn't red anymore.

Man, I miss Katy back in the day. I've had that picture up since I've been a member. She embodies this forum - was hot and hip and sexy at one point, now it's beat, semi-useless and everyone has already taken a ride and moved on to better things.

https://media.giphy.com/media/LaYXb6yDJ5iqA/giphy.gif
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/f7/2e/6f/f72e6fdc7cad80b5beabb2e97566bcb8.gif
https://www.maxim.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_431/MTQwODIwNjcyNDc2NjIwNTg3/katy-perry-boobs-gif-1gif.webp
https://www.maxim.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_440/MTQwODIxMjc2NDU2Mzk2NTg4/katy-perry-boobs-gif-2gif.webp
https://www.maxim.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_563/MTQwODIxNDkyODE1Mzc0MTI0/ssbzukpgif.webp
https://www.maxim.com/.image/c_limit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw_400/MTQwODIxNjQ3NDM0MTk2Nzc5/ezgif-994675405gif.webp

tuzzio
06-17-2019, 08:00 AM
Man, I love me some short hair chicks,

but not her. RIP to her being fappable.

jumpman2334
06-17-2019, 08:32 AM
i would have never guessed that the banana picture is katy perry. although this is the grumpy old thread, so id say its par for the course.

SupaDoopa
06-17-2019, 08:37 AM
The third .GIF is the shortest I dig on a female. Anything shorter, I feel like I'm going to get sucker punched like the Russian in Rocky. I can't be getting beat up like that.

Corbic
06-17-2019, 09:11 AM
The third .GIF is the shortest I dig on a female. Anything shorter, I feel like I'm going to get sucker punched like the Russian in Rocky. I can't be getting beat up like that.Exactly, "short hair" is shoulder length.

Not into the whole Justin Beiber bro look.

jumpman2334
06-17-2019, 09:24 AM
oh, you mean you want women to look like... women?

what an odd concept./sarcasm

SupaDoopa
06-17-2019, 10:12 AM
Crazy, right?

kanyedian
06-17-2019, 12:19 PM
Way too much cis-gendered misogyny going on in here. https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/police.gif Lena Dunham, come help these mens https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/hyper.gif

SupaDoopa
06-17-2019, 12:44 PM
I don't really know what kind of shit you're talking about but I'm going to ignore you and keep thinking about Katy Perry and her supple breasts.

Goofs
06-17-2019, 01:12 PM
This threads always entertaining when trying to kill some time

deolio
06-17-2019, 01:16 PM
more boobies, less grumpy assholes plz

deolio
06-17-2019, 01:17 PM
more boobies, less grumpy assholes plz

ooo double post, but it does warrant repeating hahaha

Corbic
06-17-2019, 02:31 PM
Mmmm like big bags of sand..

jumpman2334
06-17-2019, 03:03 PM
well. now we all know how corbic likes his women: big and sandy.

kanyedian
06-17-2019, 03:36 PM
Mmmm like big bags of sand..

well. now we all know how corbic likes his women: big and sandy.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/xianb/images/e/ec/98.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20141003011953

Corbic
06-17-2019, 06:16 PM
well. now we all know how corbic likes his women: big and sandy.It's a quote from "The 40 Year Old Virgin", a documentary about how many Nissan Enthusiasts struggle with sexual imtimacy late into adult hood.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190618/fa19c3e17d5f13227ce2687f9945a57e.jpg

dizzariot
06-17-2019, 07:54 PM
...alright NOW this thread is ruined. Keep your fucking cocks in your pants.

SupaDoopa
06-18-2019, 06:17 AM
Tell the mods. They'll do something about it... oh wait. They're too busy reading all the threads that are jumble fucked throughout the forum in the wrong places. If they like it, it's chill.

tuzzio
06-18-2019, 08:01 AM
The third .GIF is the shortest I dig on a female. Anything shorter, I feel like I'm going to get sucker punched like the Russian in Rocky. I can't be getting beat up like that.

Yo I used to hangout with this female who had a mohawk and shaved sides of her head. Was rad. She had a fat doink and sat on my face a lot.

SupaDoopa
06-18-2019, 10:30 AM
Yo I used to hangout with this female who had a mohawk and shaved sides of her head. Was rad. She had a fat doink and sat on my face a lot.

I hope it wasn't the one that I'm thinking of. I mean, I dig the shaved side but shaved head? Nah. I ain't trying to get caught in a corn field mudfest and then when it gets dark, the robes come out. I'm not about that type of life.

kanyedian
06-18-2019, 12:28 PM
I hope it wasn't the one that I'm thinking of. I mean, I dig the shaved side but shaved head? Nah. I ain't trying to get caught in a corn field mudfest and then when it gets dark, the robes come out. I'm not about that type of life.

What's wrong with a cornfield, huh? HUH!?

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/cornmad.gif https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/corndrool.gif https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/corngrin.gif https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/corny.gif https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/corndance.gif https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/pinkcorncry.gif

SupaDoopa
06-18-2019, 12:43 PM
There is really that man corn emoji's on Zilvia? Fucking Christ.

kanyedian
06-18-2019, 01:25 PM
Haha nah I borrowed them from my old forum. I'm moar familiar with those so I'm sprinkling them around Zilvia https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/shadyhat.gif

deolio
06-18-2019, 02:45 PM
Haha nah I borrowed them from my old forum. I'm moar familiar with those so I'm sprinkling them around Zilvia https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/shadyhat.gif

farmersonly.com has a forum?

kanyedian
06-18-2019, 03:09 PM
BlackPeopleMeet.com!!!!! https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/sFi_bat.gif

tuzzio
06-19-2019, 08:01 AM
[QUOTE=SupaDoopa;6347146]I hope it wasn't the one that I'm thinking of. /QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if you actually knew her. Considering she lived 25 minutes away from me (into CT) and I didn't even know her.

Nice girl. Mohawk was rad. Then she grew out her hair I was like nah dog.

Daily butthole pics were nice.

potatomonkey99
06-19-2019, 08:41 PM

WTF happened to this thread? I've been gone for 2 weeks and it went from talking about bills to buttholes?? God I love how this thread jumps around topics like something bit its ass.

kanyedian
06-19-2019, 08:53 PM
That's what happens when the Viagra kicks in for the old grumpy a$$holes https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/waiting.gif

tuzzio
06-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Nbhnc.

Rip isanyoneup

SupaDoopa
06-20-2019, 02:38 PM

I'd be surprised if you actually knew her. Considering she lived 25 minutes away from me (into CT) and I didn't even know her.

Nice girl. Mohawk was rad. Then she grew out her hair I was like nah dog.

You'd be surprised how many people I know and where. I am in CT quite often for various reasons - mostly involving cars - but I probably don't know her. There is one specific girl I know that fits the bill that I've given her the poop snake a few times to but probably just another gull in the flock. I was hoping for one those eskimo brother moments.

tuzzio
06-21-2019, 07:58 AM
[QUOTE=tuzzio;6347267]
I was hoping for one those eskimo brother moments.

fuck it, throw a first name out there..haha

keioffice
06-22-2019, 06:53 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tpUUo7tws
https://streamable.com/s3mk2

feito
06-22-2019, 04:06 PM
heeeey, wtf happened to the boobs? god damn admins....
Anybody remember the original homemadeturbo website? lol

SupaDoopa
06-25-2019, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=SupaDoopa;6347453]

fuck it, throw a first name out there..haha

Started with an A.

keioffice
06-25-2019, 12:09 PM
It is a total wonder why 240 owners and this forum dug it's own grave... reselling any part they can get their hands on and artificially upping prices, no cooperation on going to track owners. I mean it was doomed to fail in the first place with California running the show. Look at motocross now, a niche sport who moved away from the cali SNIP running it, it is possible!

Enjoy being pink for 2 weeks

kanyedian
06-25-2019, 12:23 PM
I like dirtbikes! I don't race at tracks though; there is a 2200+ acre plot of state forest where we ride and do things and stuff.

https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/rockwoot.gif

kanyedian
06-25-2019, 12:24 PM
dangit dbl post

keioffice
06-25-2019, 12:44 PM
I like dirtbikes! I don't race at tracks though; there is a 2200+ acre plot of state forest where we ride and do things and stuff.

Consider your self lucky.

dorkidori_s13
06-25-2019, 12:47 PM
It is a total wonder why 240 owners and this forum dug it's own grave...

the hell you talking bout? Zilvia was the largest 240sx forum on the web for well over a decade. Facebook is to blame for stealing the majority of users from most web forums.

keioffice
06-25-2019, 12:50 PM
Put some effort in you so called old school drifters, autocross/go cart/motocross is a better option. Keep selling your wheels and jdm parts you scamming cunts. They made their bones and fucked off, good for you.

TheBlackHand
06-25-2019, 12:57 PM
Put some effort in you so called old school drifters, autocross/go cart/motocross is a better option. Keep selling your wheels and jdm parts you scamming cunts. They made their bones and fucked off, good for you.

What are you talking about? What started this rant?

kanyedian
06-25-2019, 12:58 PM
What are you talking about? What started this rant?

Well at least it's the right thread for it! https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/banana-popcorn.gif

keioffice
06-25-2019, 01:04 PM
the hell you talking bout? Zilvia was the largest 240sx forum on the web for well over a decade. Facebook is to blame for stealing the majority of users from most web forums.

1. reselling any part they can get their hands on and artificially upping prices

2. no cooperation on talking to track owners for drift events

3. California ruining all the chassis

keioffice
06-25-2019, 01:30 PM
the 240 scene in USA is trading wheels because they can't make rent, and the cycle continues, it is sad...

TheBlackHand
06-25-2019, 01:40 PM
the 240 scene in USA is trading wheels because they can't make rent, and the cycle continues, it is sad...

Wouldn't they have to sell their wheels to make rent? Trading wheels just leaves them in the same position they were in before.

Corbic
06-25-2019, 02:27 PM
the hell you talking bout? Zilvia was the largest 240sx forum on the web for well over a decade. Facebook is to blame for stealing the majority of users from most web forums.Plenty of other automotive forums survived Facebook. 240 owners are just a lesser breed.

SupaDoopa
06-25-2019, 02:30 PM
If anything, shit for the 240 went down. Every company and their sixteen other entities knock off just about anything worth owning. If you're one of those people that like OG shit that ugly as fuck like wangan wings and hatch louvers then yes, they're expensive because they're rare [and still ugly as fuck]. You can buy plastic ganadors now for under a $100 bucks, any kit or hood you want from any company for pennies on the dollar and just about any faux seat you want.

dizzariot
06-25-2019, 05:47 PM
I don't think it was all CA that ruined cars. Bloodmasters cars were janky as all fuck, Pulleporkbuilt has a shitbox too. They're not in CA.

Dude I fucking HATE 90s 'style'. When I reference it I pretty much draw the line at 16" wheels and no aero. Flat, small steering wheels are lame, high offset 15"-16" wheels are lame, and Wangan wings are suuuuuuper fucking lame.

90s Style was cultiavted by dudes that wanted to act like they knew the 'culture' but got into the 'game' late. When they got into the 'game', they quickly realized they couldn't afford the early 00s stuff (Rays wheels, aero, seats) so they went further back and went all in.

I guess on the other end of the spectrum we have the same handful of cars on IG getting clout and they constantly shout each other out and participate in a circle jerk.

kanyedian
06-25-2019, 05:59 PM
I dig the smalls wheels motif. Especially with otherwise stock body cars. I agree that the Wangan wings are bleh https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/bleh.gif

deolio
06-25-2019, 06:52 PM
90s Style was cultiavted by dudes that wanted to act like they knew the 'culture' but got into the 'game' late. When they got into the 'game', they quickly realized they couldn't afford the early 00s stuff (Rays wheels, aero, seats) so they went further back and went all in.

:rofl: "90's style" aka "broke ass clout-chaser style".

there's a handful of dudes who have pulled it off over the past decade though, but only because they did it for reasons other than those above.

keioffice
06-25-2019, 07:39 PM
I don't think it was all CA that ruined cars. Bloodmasters cars were janky as all fuck, Pulleporkbuilt has a shitbox too. They're not in CA.

Dude I fucking HATE 90s 'style'. When I reference it I pretty much draw the line at 16" wheels and no aero. Flat, small steering wheels are lame, high offset 15"-16" wheels are lame, and Wangan wings are suuuuuuper fucking lame.

I guess on the other end of the spectrum we have the same handful of cars on IG getting clout and they constantly shout each other out and participate in a circle jerk.

stay on the base you young cunt. what a silly base monkey

you have no clue what you are talking about, you live on a military base.. lmao get right fool oriole, military brat

dizzariot
06-25-2019, 10:06 PM
stay on the base you young cunt. what a silly base monkey

you have no clue what you are talking about, you live on a military base.. lmao get right fool oriole, military brat

THE PLOT THICKENS.

...but what's a fool oriole?

Green Arrow
06-26-2019, 05:45 AM
Dizzariot, too often we share opinions.

So rightfully so weve found a GIANT difference

16” wheels and stock body is/always be cool.

16inchers> hellaflushdouchecanoes

Plus people with 16inchers tend to actually drive for sport, not mallpark.

Im enjoying combining words.

G’day

SupaDoopa
06-26-2019, 06:18 AM
Small wheels, shitty little aero pieces, goofy wings and tan interior are all fucking ugly. Just because we have bigger wheels and accommodating aero that isn't period specific to when cars were fighting on the front lines of WWII doesn't make them HELLAFLUSHCAMBERGANGBATTLEWANG or whatever. Front camber and zero rear is synonymous with drifting. Does this mean anyone with any type of camber is fucking stupid and should be thrown to the wolves?

No. The plebs with the 1982 wood shift knob that's infused with jizz and mold withe zipties together factory mudflaps and lips running around on 14x8 0-offset longchamps should be.

Green Arrow
06-26-2019, 06:21 AM
Supa youre tryhardiness doesnt go unnoticed.

SupaDoopa
06-26-2019, 06:55 AM
Thanks. I've just been trying to gain acceptance from people like you. Glad to see it's really coming to fruition. I can't wait to tell my mom.

jedi03
06-26-2019, 07:49 AM
Well at least it's the right thread for it! https://www.8thcivic.com/forums/images/smilies/banana-popcorn.gif lol i have been having fun finding the new posts! its like wheres waldo for today!

tuzzio
06-26-2019, 08:03 AM
Can we talk about dirtbikes again? I race little kid dirtbikes.

SupaDoopa
06-26-2019, 09:38 AM
I was kind of a fan when Katy Perry's chest was the topic but someone - I won't mention the mods name - deleted those posts. Maybe he's a pansexual.

dorkidori_s13
06-26-2019, 09:48 AM
I was kind of a fan when Katy Perry's chest was the topic but someone - I won't mention the mods name - deleted those posts. Maybe he's a pansexual.

i vote for more of katy perrys chest! its magical!

SupaDoopa
06-26-2019, 12:07 PM
I demand we crucify the one that removed the .GIF's. Bring me his head.

deolio
06-26-2019, 01:59 PM

probably just an ass man

guess someone should post some booty gifs

Tearlessj
06-27-2019, 11:54 AM
Thread turned to shit.

dorkidori_s13
06-27-2019, 02:25 PM
Thread turned to shit.

nope... not at all! just got 1000x better ;)

TheRealSy90
06-27-2019, 02:26 PM
So then this is a NSFW thread now? [emoji849] thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deolio
06-27-2019, 02:58 PM

some may say you shouldn't even be on a car forum at work in the first place anyway :wiggle:

man, car listings are so sparse on craigslist these days. that $5 fee really fucked shit up :(

dorkidori_s13
06-27-2019, 03:01 PM
that $5 fee really fucked shit up :(

amazing what happens when something isnt "free" or "cheap" anymore isnt it?

dorkidori_s13
06-27-2019, 03:01 PM

theres much much worse that pops up regularly on Facebook...

deolio
06-27-2019, 03:02 PM
amazing what happens when something isnt "free" or "cheap" anymore isnt it?

another situation where facebook wins

jumpman2334
06-27-2019, 03:03 PM
im glad this got brought up. where is everyone going to now? offer up?

i checked out offer up for the first time a couple of days ago and i didnt see any way to filter things on CL.

SupaDoopa
06-27-2019, 03:05 PM

Only way this thread turned to shit is your stupid fucking comments. You both have had a decade to fuck off. Feel free at any moment. Christ. You think after that Pride Parade, all you would be happier.

another situation where facebook wins

It is what it is. Just like anything, every place that's grown with such popularity demands income. It's a double edged sword - now you won't have as much as that random spam posts that offer cars for silly prices. You can almost guarantee you're going to be contacting an actual person now.

TheBlackHand
06-27-2019, 03:05 PM
man, car listings are so sparse on craigslist these days. that $5 fee really fucked shit up :(

And there's still spam ads even after they started the $5 ad fee.

SupaDoopa
06-27-2019, 03:06 PM
And there's still spam ads even after they started the $5 ad fee.

I guess I stand corrected.

TheBlackHand
06-27-2019, 03:09 PM
I guess I stand corrected.

Not as many spam ads as there used to be but they're still there.

TheRealSy90
06-27-2019, 03:15 PM
theres much much worse that pops up regularly on Facebook...

Actually I never go on Facebook on a work computer. But they don’t mind simple car forums.

ThatGuy
06-27-2019, 06:39 PM

No, it hasn’t.

dizzariot
06-27-2019, 07:15 PM
No, it hasn’t.

Thanks for the assist.

deolio
06-27-2019, 07:32 PM
It is what it is. Just like anything, every place that's grown with such popularity demands income. It's a double edged sword - now you won't have as much as that random spam posts that offer cars for silly prices. You can almost guarantee you're going to be contacting an actual person now.

true, but they could have probably had the same effect by charging $1 instead of jumping straight to $5. none of the $1500 shit buckets i like looking for are going to be posted on there anymore because it's not worth the investment.

and now that other marketplaces like facebook, offer up, letgo, etc are crowded with that shit, it's impossible to find what you're actually looking for because their filtering is garbage.

in short, love you craigslist, please come back.

SupaDoopa
06-28-2019, 06:03 AM
Good thing you reported .GIF's on a forum that's on it's last limb. At least you can say you've done something positive in your life. The small group of 2019'ers appreciate your hard work.

ThatGuy
06-28-2019, 06:14 AM
Good thing you reported .GIF's on a forum that's on it's last limb. At least you can say you've done something positive in your life. The small group of 2019'ers appreciate your hard work.

Nothing was reported.

I’m one of the grumpiest and biggest assholes around here. I was just reading through the thread and saw things that didn’t belong on Zilvia.

I don’t really understand your need to bash on the forums. If you don’t like it here, just leave. Continuing the argument and dragging Zilvia just make you look petty and bitter. Just walk away.

feito
06-28-2019, 10:06 AM
shit, boobs bring happiness to even the grumpiest ahole, you must be on another level. I mean, you couldnt even see a single nip on any of those gifs, I guess god forbid you post anything sexy in this forum nowadays.
And he's got a point, I dont see how he's bashing, it's just that sometimes reality sucks.
Yall should gtfo with that "NSFW" shit.

I hope I dont catch a vacation :bigok:

ThatGuy
06-28-2019, 11:04 AM
shit, boobs bring happiness to even the grumpiest ahole, you must be on another level. I mean, you couldnt even see a single nip on any of those gifs, I guess god forbid you post anything sexy in this forum nowadays.
And he's got a point, I dont see how he's bashing, it's just that sometimes reality sucks.
Yall should gtfo with that "NSFW" shit.

I hope I dont catch a vacation :bigok:

You do realize this is a privately owned forum, right? Which means if I suddenly decide anyone posting ANYTHING that I’m not particularly in the mood to see, and I get to remove all of them from accessing Zilvia, for as long as I like. This isn’t a safe space where members get to call the shots. It never has been.

Now, that being said, it has absolutely NOTHING to do with my personal preferences and everything to do with the way Zilvia has been set up run for a long time now. It doesn’t need to change. It’s not an “adapt or die” situation.

Finally, didn’t anyone ever tell you “Don’t poke the bear.” Trying to attack me on a personal level does absolutely nothing to strengthen any argument you might have.

I suggest letting this silly, “but I want to see bewbies and butts!” fight, end here and get on with life. There are plenty of other places on the internet to get your fix.

keioffice
06-28-2019, 11:09 AM

Riding the woods/desert was how motocross started in the USA, also a famous racer from Belgium Roger De Coster who promoted the sport (Motocross) in the USA helped it become a sanctioned sport. Bob Hannah was a Cali bloke who rode through the desert on his bike as a kid with out formal training. He ended up winning multiple national/world championships.

Motocross is now a sanctioned sport and pays good money (compared to "drifters" who sell wheels online to make rent).

Grassroots is a thing, but the Nissan/import and especially the "drifting" scene (per usa) killed it off by being pretensions dick heads. They didn't want to grow the sport ever, now you have professional drivers from other sports taking your place because it is easy to make a buck beating the so called grassroots guys.

It is called making your own grave, keep reselling you jdm parts and over priced wheels, silly puppies.

All the 240 or nissan cars are about wheels, trading, not racing, a car is not meant to look at it is meant to preform. But, they wonder why no one cares, Autocross and go karts are way more fun then having some pretensions "drifter" telling you how to drive. I would drift my go kart straight around any bodykitted 18 wheel rusted out 240 chassis they run in cali. My 98 240 will sit in my garage

Do you even own a car? 16 wheels/big tires, stock aero with options, that is what I am talking about 90s style.

17+ rims on a 240 make it look like a matchbox car, clown car lmao. Stock is always best looking no need to fuck up the function to fit flashy wheels like a train you ride around.

jumpman2334
06-28-2019, 11:31 AM
17+ rims

how can we take you serious if you dont even know the correct terminology for wheels?

hey BTW, i sold my car without a bank baby sitting us. no fake cash, no issues. see, it really inst that hard to be a grown up! :)

keioffice
06-28-2019, 12:11 PM
how can we take you serious if you dont even know the correct terminology for wheels?

hey BTW, i sold my car without a bank baby sitting us. no fake cash, no issues. see, it really inst that hard to be a grown up! :)

Órale, you sound mad. I usually use metric, I will explain even though you knew what I meant already; 17 inch wheels, comprende? Also, it is "don't" and "Is not" or "Isn't", kid.

RIP your car I hope it pays your rent for the month.

After looking at this guys (jumpman2334) m.0 I get it, drifting is dead, in the USA, I will be done and say nothing he has lots of pull

terminology

what does that mean?

deolio
06-28-2019, 03:23 PM
17+ rims on a 240 make it look like a matchbox car, clown car lmao. Stock is always best looking no need to fuck up the function to fit flashy wheels like a train you ride around.

this right here made ThatGuy look like a spry easy-going teenager :bowrofl:

5 rep points and i'll post a sex nsfw gif of my kneecap

dizzariot
06-28-2019, 09:16 PM
I suggest letting this silly, “but I want to see bewbies and butts!” fight, end here and get on with life. There are plenty of other places on the internet to get your fix.

That's the attitude I have on it. Not trying to kink shame y'all but are you into inviting your homies over, sitting on yout two-seater couch, and masturbating together? We all enjoyed said images but it's lame throwing them on the forum.

I don't know why. It just feels lame.

Do you even own a car? 16 wheels/big tires, stock aero with options, that is what I am talking about 90s style.

...I don't know if you're off your meds or just rediscovered alcohol after being sober for years but I'm about 95% sure we're agreeing...or are you telling me you dig the 16x7+42 mesh wheels, Wangan wing, and overpriced old Jackets shit?

My old car was "90s" to me. Suspension, stock body, 16x8+0 wheels, and yes, the optional 180SX window louvers before the price tripled. I even had an unnecessary headlight vent because it looked cool to me.

Also, 17" wheels are the cutoff for me. 17x9+22 to be exact. I think 18" look like "Matchbox" wheels but I'm cool with my 17" spec'd cars.

So are we agreeing or are you chastising me and others for riding a 'train' even though you seem to be on a 90s train yourself...?

Farzam
06-28-2019, 11:08 PM
small diameter, large diameter, idc. Just make sure you have proper fitment and width/offset. The older I get, the more I appreciate modest aesthetics and more diverse tuning styles. Wangan wings still suck ass though. Might as well drive your sil80 off a cliff, can't get uglier

Craigslist really really boned me. I can't find deals anywhere around me. Literally started looking for a daily in any city in the US48 that I can get a one-way ticket to for <$200 and still coming up pretty dry. Found a few M3's I may acquire but not trying to rush. I'm not even picky as far as vehicle, I'm looking for all sorts of random stuff. Offerup isn't very popular around me, but I check it in some other cities. Facebook marketplace has the worst fucking interface and 99% of the manual cars are listed as auto, so can't use that filter. Half the cars aren't even listed under the vehicle category, makes that even more annoying.

spooled240
06-29-2019, 11:09 AM
small diameter, large diameter, idc. Just make sure you have proper fitment and width/offset. The older I get, the more I appreciate modest aesthetics and more diverse tuning styles.

+1. The older I get, I find a well-proportioned boob to be more aesthetically attractive than some of massive size.

keioffice
06-29-2019, 04:47 PM
That's the attitude I have on it. Not trying to kink shame y'all but are you into inviting your homies over, sitting on yout two-seater couch, and masturbating together? We all enjoyed said images but it's lame throwing them on the forum.

I don't know why. It just feels lame.

...I don't know if you're off your meds or just rediscovered alcohol after being sober for years but I'm about 95% sure we're agreeing...or are you telling me you dig the 16x7+42 mesh wheels, Wangan wing, and overpriced old Jackets shit?

My old car was "90s" to me. Suspension, stock body, 16x8+0 wheels, and yes, the optional 180SX window louvers before the price tripled. I even had an unnecessary headlight vent because it looked cool to me.

Also, 17" wheels are the cutoff for me. 17x9+22 to be exact. I think 18" look like "Matchbox" wheels but I'm cool with my 17" spec'd cars.

So are we agreeing or are you chastising me and others for riding a 'train' even though you seem to be on a 90s train yourself...?
We are agreeing knee grow, Órale

tuzzio
07-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Wangan wings still suck ass though.

Fuck. this might be my new signature.

Corbic
07-01-2019, 10:26 PM
+1. The older I get, I find a well-proportioned boob to be more aesthetically attractive than some of massive size.#2B

Go play Nier, 2B is literary the embodiment of perfect proportion.

Tearlessj
07-02-2019, 12:35 AM
stock bodied, wide, big, or small. I can appreciate them all as long as they're not giant pile of shits.

Went to a drift event this past weekend, must be a 2019 thing to make your car sound like absolute ass. Should be legal to take all straight pipe vq owners out back and give them a beating.

Green Arrow
07-02-2019, 04:15 AM
Midpond? White hatch vq swapped?

SupaDoopa
07-03-2019, 06:23 AM
Nothing was reported.

I’m one of the grumpiest and biggest assholes around here. I was just reading through the thread and saw things that didn’t belong on Zilvia.

I don’t really understand your need to bash on the forums. If you don’t like it here, just leave. Continuing the argument and dragging Zilvia just make you look petty and bitter. Just walk away.

Because the moderation here is in all the wrong places. I don't dislike the forum - it's just specific people here that act like elitists driving everyone else away. I'm too stubborn, I suppose.

ThatGuy
07-03-2019, 08:42 AM
Because the moderation here is in all the wrong places. I don't dislike the forum - it's just specific people here that act like elitists driving everyone else away. I'm too stubborn, I suppose.

You haven’t reported a Thread since 2016. Do you expect us to be clairvoyant? If you see something, then say something. Zilvia has ALWAYS been full of elitist and assholes. It’s part of the charm. But if you think something needs changed, by all means, just sit back and bitch about it. No sense trying to help improve anything, right?

SupaDoopa
07-03-2019, 09:45 AM
I don't report shit because I wasn't active. My job isn't supposed to police the forum up - that's yours. I did all my policing for other folks in the military. I'm all policed out. I've reverted to saltiness. It's better this way.

zenkicpe
07-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Living up to the thread title Supa! Word.

ThatGuy
07-03-2019, 10:59 AM
I don't report shit because I wasn't active. My job isn't supposed to police the forum up - that's yours. I did all my policing for other folks in the military. I'm all policed out. I've reverted to saltiness. It's better this way.

Okay. Understood. If someone was breaking the law, you’re not the type to call the police. You just sit back and bitch and moan about how things aren’t done to your liking. Doesn’t matter that the staff here are unpaid individuals with day jobs that can’t afford to spend their time reading every post. Nope. All that matters is that you’re happy and justified in your complaining.

Also, good for you for being in the military. Sucks that you feel that service somehow excludes you being a productive member of society now. I guess some people have limited abilities and you used all yours up already. What a shame.

mrmephistopheles
07-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Friendly reminder - I rule and you drool.

mrmephistopheles
07-03-2019, 11:21 AM
Friendly reminder - I rule and you drool.

mrmephistopheles
07-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Also I meant for that to be posted twice, to reiterate my point.

Not because internet is fuck.

mrmephistopheles
07-03-2019, 11:26 AM
Also I meant for that to be posted twice, to reiterate my point.

Not because internet is fuck.

dorkidori_s13
07-03-2019, 11:40 AM
whoa... kevin comes outta no where with the 1-2 in yo face and then disappears for another 5 years!

dorkidori_s13
07-03-2019, 11:41 AM
whoa... kevin comes outta no where with the 1-2 in yo face and then disappears for another 5 years!

dorkidori_s13
07-03-2019, 11:47 AM
dude, whats with the double posting BS?! Facebooks broken, Instagrams broken, Zilvias broken... pfffffffft

SupaDoopa
07-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Okay. Understood. If someone was breaking the law, you’re not the type to call the police. You just sit back and bitch and moan about how things aren’t done to your liking. Doesn’t matter that the staff here are unpaid individuals with day jobs that can’t afford to spend their time reading every post. Nope. All that matters is that you’re happy and justified in your complaining.

Also, good for you for being in the military. Sucks that you feel that service somehow excludes you being a productive member of society now. I guess some people have limited abilities and you used all yours up already. What a shame.

For someone who has a day job and other shit going on, you've replied pretty quick.

And I have better things to apply my attention to than an online forum because I'm not in charge of policing this forum. If I had such a responsibility, I'd continue to do said job until I deemed myself unable to continue. Productive member of society and internet security are not synonymous. I come here mainly to buy or sell shit or watch people fuck their cars up to the point of no return then sell them to someone who doesn't know any better in which they further ruin it or cut them in half and scrap them. These are the types of things that make me smile. But yes, what a shame.

SupaDoopa
07-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Better yet, I'm going to start reporting. Do I get to leave a reason as to why I'm reporting the thread?

mrmephistopheles
07-03-2019, 01:14 PM
dude, whats with the double posting BS?! Facebooks broken, Instagrams broken, Zilvias broken... pfffffffft

:lfault::lfault::lfault:

ThatGuy
07-03-2019, 01:19 PM
For someone who has a day job and other shit going on, you've replied pretty quick.

And I have better things to apply my attention to than an online forum because I'm not in charge of policing this forum. If I had such a responsibility, I'd continue to do said job until I deemed myself unable to continue. Productive member of society and internet security are not synonymous. I come here mainly to buy or sell shit or watch people fuck their cars up to the point of no return then sell them to someone who doesn't know any better in which they further ruin it or cut them in half and scrap them. These are the types of things that make me smile. But yes, what a shame.

Better yet, I'm going to start reporting. Do I get to leave a reason as to why I'm reporting the thread?

Yeah, I'm kinda retired, plus already on vacation for the weekend.

It has been awhile, as I said, since you've reported something. Yes, you leave a reason. Can't really call for fire if you don't describe the target.

Isn't it always? :ddog:

dorkidori_s13
07-03-2019, 03:57 PM

back when Lisa was still around, i found this to be one of the funniest smilies Zilvia had ;)

CrimsonRockett
07-03-2019, 11:44 PM

:axe:

Msglength

mrmephistopheles
07-04-2019, 06:40 AM
back when Lisa was still around, i found this to be one of the funniest smilies Zilvia had ;)
I was rather proud of it.

:axe:

Msglength

:s101::s101::s101:

feito
07-04-2019, 02:19 PM
Man Im fucking sick of bro dozers... fucking modern day ricersX10. Air horns, annoyingly loud and ridiculously big exhausts, taller than my house.... Being in texas, I can only imagine how much worse the problem is in the shit west coast.

[240sx]
07-04-2019, 03:36 PM
^ I don't see them THAT often honestly. Then again, I'm not the River/lake & shopping mall type.

Now bikers.. the Non crotch rockets -Harley type. With their shit sounding straight pipes, and Music Loud as f**ck to compensate for said exhaust. Those, we're plagued with. F**k 'em.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190704/d954c55ae28ac924b25c1213f966362c.gif

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dizzariot
07-04-2019, 08:54 PM
*cough* I'll moderate from Japan since I'm away when y'all are asleep. *end cough*

Here's a location-specific thing: everyone out here trying to start up IGs/YouTube channels just about being here. Dudes literally post videos of vehicle-mounted camera vids driving around town...

...then again man, are they making money off this shit? I don't know if I should be impressed by them or be ashamed that people will give them the views needed to monetize that shit.

feito
07-04-2019, 10:21 PM
;6349175']^ I don't see them THAT often honestly. Then again, I'm not the River/lake & shopping mall type.

Now bikers.. the Non crotch rockets -Harley type. With their shit sounding straight pipes, and Music Loud as f**ck to compensate for said exhaust. Those, we're plagued with. F**k 'em.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190704/d954c55ae28ac924b25c1213f966362c.gif

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Oh man, those damn harleys. I honestly can't understand how someone can find something so obnoxiously loud to be fun. Brodozers, harleys and mustangs are all in that same category. Now that a younger crowd is getting into harleys it seems to be getting worse...

*cough* I'll moderate from Japan since I'm away when y'all are asleep. *end cough*

Here's a location-specific thing: everyone out here trying to start up IGs/YouTube channels just about being here. Dudes literally post videos of vehicle-mounted camera vids driving around town...

...then again man, are they making money off this shit? I don't know if I should be impressed by them or be ashamed that people will give them the views needed to monetize that shit.

Is that like the video game review video thing? Honestly, I never really got into any other media other than FB, and even that one I wish I could leave it. I have youtube, but I dont "follow" any pages. Just go there whenever I have an interest on something and look for random videos. Like I just spent the past hour watching videos of old (60s 70s) KW trucks :picardfp:
Ive read that people also kill time traveling on google maps. Streets of japan and shit, looking for cool jdm cars... God damn internet has affected the MAJORITY of us for the worse...
Anyway, +1 on THISISARIOT for mod :snoop:

dizzariot
07-05-2019, 06:09 AM
My username is actually a play on my real name.

my initials are DT, dizzario is a "macadizzamiennizzut" way of saying my first name and my last initial follows, T.

It's funny because I never knew people thought otherwise until I joined this forum lol.

SupaDoopa
07-05-2019, 06:09 AM
You live in Texas. Isn't everything bigger and louder there?

And the Japan YouTube thing - there is only a few that I'll watch because they help me out with sourcing specific parts. Some of the videos are them going to UpGarage because they physically have to go get my shit. And yes, they make a decent amount of money if they have enough subscribers liking, commenting and viewing enough. It's an algorithm. It's why everyone who is on YouTube literally reminds you to do it every single video.

dizzariot
07-05-2019, 06:16 AM
You live in Texas. Isn't everything bigger and louder there?

And the Japan YouTube thing - there is only a few that I'll watch because they help me out with sourcing specific parts. Some of the videos are them going to UpGarage because they physically have to go get my shit. And yes, they make a decent amount of money if they have enough subscribers liking, commenting and viewing enough. It's an algorithm. It's why everyone who is on YouTube literally reminds you to do it every single video.

Yeah I watch a couple of non-car people's channels but all of the car stuff seems cringe to me. One of my friends (a member on this forum) keeps suggesting we start a channel and make it less 'look-at-me-I'm-a-fucking-moron-and-I'm-not-trying-to-hide-it-while-I-pander' but meh...I guess it couldn't hurt but I don't have the energy.

tuzzio
07-05-2019, 07:40 AM
The whole youtube car thing sucks. Not many people are actually building cool cars on youtube. Its all for e-fame.

Don't get me wrong, if my youtube channel was blowing up, I'd be doing the same thing. Whatever content makes a video and people will zombie watch it so I get paid, sign me up.

SupaDoopa
07-05-2019, 07:48 AM
To be honest, I'm about to do it. I recently acquired a shop space with 5 other drift dudes, some lifts, etc. and they go to events. They aren't the coolest cars but for people who actually drive hard and like shit that isn't some super unobtainable $100,000 build that most of the community can't afford, it'll be rad. A few 5.7LS S13 verts, a 6.0LS SC300, a G35 with it's original VQ and a RWD B15 Sentra with a big power NA SR. Things anyone could watch.

And if we're hurting for viewers, we can always be super gay like most of the YouTube community and buy a shitty Civic, boost it and run it on white out or something stupid.

DALAZ_68
07-05-2019, 10:17 AM
Yeah I watch a couple of non-car people's channels but all of the car stuff seems cringe to me. One of my friends (a member on this forum) keeps suggesting we start a channel and make it less 'look-at-me-I'm-a-fucking-moron-and-I'm-not-trying-to-hide-it-while-I-pander' but meh...I guess it couldn't hurt but I don't have the energy.

Funny. only group i watch and follow is Auto Factory Realize. for several reason. because they are friends. they are Zilvia members, and banter.

i should hit that smash button one of these days.

TheBlackHand
07-05-2019, 10:36 AM
Man Im fucking sick of bro dozers... fucking modern day ricersX10. Air horns, annoyingly loud and ridiculously big exhausts, taller than my house.... Being in texas, I can only imagine how much worse the problem is in the shit west coast.

Speaking of bro-dozers, what’s up with the new trend of them being lifted in the front only?
I see these almost every day here in the south east.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190705/ed25bf7b9782512d27a60497562ac35c.jpg

dizzariot
07-05-2019, 06:21 PM
Funny. only group i watch and follow is Auto Factory Realize. for several reason. because they are friends. they are Zilvia members, and banter.

i should hit that smash button one of these days.

Nah I mean dudes out here. People that really don't do shit but think their run-of-the-mill lives warrant social media buzz. I guess it's a form of voyeurism. It's just weird that these dudes from America get their dicks hard taking a video of them walking around UpGarage.

Speaking of bro-dozers, what’s up with the new trend of them being lifted in the front only?

*California speak: engage

Shiiiiit dawgie that's like tooootally Cali-spec bruh, SoCal to be exact fam. Fukken pre-runner'd out dude lmao.

*California speak: disengage

Most dudes have their trucks styled like that in CA. I never understood it at all.

DALAZ_68
07-06-2019, 09:52 AM
Nah I mean dudes out here. People that really don't do shit but think their run-of-the-mill lives warrant social media buzz. I guess it's a form of voyeurism. It's just weird that these dudes from America get their dicks hard taking a video of them walking around UpGarage.

yeah that part is bonkers, i don't get it at all. I know we had Autobacs for a minute. and it wasn't as cherished till after its absence.

and i get the prices had a big reason on it. but still.

Phlip
07-06-2019, 01:09 PM
Shit, I missed the OG convention on the last page(s)
I was drunk, it has been my birthday all week

DALAZ_68
07-06-2019, 01:25 PM

hAPPY bIRTHDAY!

S14rebuild
07-07-2019, 07:20 AM

Cali lean..smh. copy of lifted truck when there loaded down in the rear. Shit looks stupid and dumb. Lifted truck guys are embrassed of this fad aswell.

Corbic
07-07-2019, 04:09 PM
Cali lean..smh. copy of lifted truck when there loaded down in the rear. Shit looks stupid and dumb. Lifted truck guys are embrassed of this fad aswell.I was thinking it was suppose to be a Bro-Lean from the Brorunner world.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190707/86d5e2987defd227c43ed2490555d95c.jpg

lunchmeat
07-07-2019, 07:48 PM

See that shit daily too. Looks like a dog wiping his ass on the carpet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SupaDoopa
07-08-2019, 07:35 AM
Maybe when they run unavoidably run someone over because they're staring into the sun, it's to protect them and the passengers. They'll just kill everyone in front of them.

The new Mustang-spec.

Corbic
07-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Maybe when they run unavoidably run someone over because they're chugging a beer while hot boxing, it's to protect them and the passengers. They'll just kill everyone in front of them.

The new Chevy Blazer with 5% tint spec.

Went ahead and fixed that for ya.

ThatGuy
07-08-2019, 08:22 AM
So, from my understanding, the “Cali-Lean” or “Carolina-Squat,” depending on which coast the stupidity is based, is much like the Camber Craze. By that I mean it started from an actual performance aspect and was than drug into the depths Meth fueled wet dreams by individuals of lower intelligence. Pre-Runners often have taller front suspensions due to increased travel of the heavy end of the vehicle while traveling through the desert at high speeds. So “because racetruck” has permeated the Monster Energy flooded brains of the Bro-Dozer community, they have opted to save money by only purchasing 1/2 of a lift kit for their vehicles now.

Again, this is simply my understanding from the lame ass excuses I was given by owners of said vehicles when I lived in NC.

TheBlackHand
07-08-2019, 08:39 AM
Maybe when they run unavoidably run someone over because they're staring into the sun, it's to protect them and the passengers. They'll just kill everyone in front of them.

The new Mustang-spec.

This actually happened a couple months ago at a local car meet in my area. Some kid in one of these 1/2 lifted bro-dozers ran into the back of a lowered car. His excuse was that he “couldn’t see” the car in front of him. Luckily no one was hurt.

SupaDoopa
07-08-2019, 09:28 AM
How many of them have diesel associated decals and Ken Block shirts on?

TheBlackHand
07-08-2019, 09:42 AM
How many of them have diesel associated decals and Ken Block shirts on?

Almost all of them have have diesel related stickers like "Prius Repellent" or "Please Ignore my Micro Penis".
As far as their clothes they're almost always wearing shorts that are 4" above their knees and fishing or hunting related shirts.
I've noticed almost all of the owners are spoiled rich high school kids.

SupaDoopa
07-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Lifted truck owners - single handily keeping Base Pro/Cabela's in business by scooping up anything that has a flag and/or camo on it and trucker hats in all color schemes.

Farzam
07-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Man, I hate YouTube. I don't really watch any channels besides Vinwiki. I like their stories, and the starter of the channel has the record time for the cannonball run, which is on my bucket list. If I'm at a friend's and they have some video up, I'll watch, but generally a lot of this stuff is boring to me. Too much filler.

I didn't want to start a channel, otherwise I would have, but I really considered it for a while because of how many different events I go to and how many random behind-the-scenes things I'm lucky enough to partake in. Plus I do car car flips where I can make titles like "I BOUGHT THE CHEAPEST IS-F IN THE COUNTRY AND SOLD IT IN 12 HOURS" etc. But youtube isn't handing out free money anymore. That ship sailed. Oh well. If I ever do start a channel it would just be in place of a photo album, somewhere to collect memories.

Happy bday brudda

Farzam
07-08-2019, 10:26 AM
Oh, and as far as the ghost trailer haulers-- Don't give them attention, they feed off it.

If you wanna vomit in your mouth, go on YT and look up NOPI Myrtle Beach trucks or something lmao

Corbic
07-08-2019, 01:18 PM
Lifted truck owners - single handily keeping Base Pro/Cabela's in business by scooping up anything that has a flag and/or camo on it and trucker hats in all color schemes.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190708/d5ec7a920a065dba54483eb891637f18.jpg

I imagine you saying that with a lyspe with KayPeys Whitness album planning in the background.

Corbic
07-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Almost all of them have have diesel related stickers like "Prius Repellent" or "Please Ignore my Micro Penis".

As far as their clothes they're almost always wearing shorts that are 4" above their knees and fishing or hunting related shirts.

I've noticed almost all of the owners are spoiled rich high school kids.

As apposed to wearing shorts below the knee?

TheBlackHand
07-08-2019, 02:55 PM
As apposed to wearing shorts below the knee?

You know what I meant. See pic below for reference. This is what the typical Cali lean bro-dozer drivers look like; around here anyways.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190708/3ae0bba1f76c1c2c3ddda326fa944b07.jpg

dizzariot
07-08-2019, 05:33 PM
What about shorts that hover right at/slightly above the knee? I'm uh, asking for a friend.

Corbic
07-08-2019, 09:49 PM
What about shorts that hover right at/slightly above the knee? I'm uh, asking for a friend.Apparently this is how Zilvia dresses.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190709/f7f4f3fa21bdee5e104bd5e58957f54e.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190709/c2169b8bb397e0eb0cd3aff1106f81b9.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190709/c3f57b11733642d6f484d0b9748e62cd.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190709/b85923242448f8a122b1ec40720bf72a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190709/6985d08710a654528f0e774afd297755.jpg

SupaDoopa
07-09-2019, 10:34 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190708/d5ec7a920a065dba54483eb891637f18.jpg

I imagine you saying that with a lyspe with KayPeys Whitness album planning in the background.

I imagine you saying that with Raffi's Bananaphone album playing on vinyl while you drink mead on the shitter taking a break from your D&D campaign inspecting razors to cut yourself later.

It's spelled 'lisp' and 'witness' you fucking idiot. As if autocorrect wasn't good enough for your level of Downs.

DALAZ_68
07-09-2019, 11:19 AM
I imagine you saying that with Raffi's Bananaphone album playing on vinyl while you drink mead on the shitter taking a break from your D&D campaign inspecting razors to cut yourself later.

It's spelled 'lisp' and 'witness' you fucking idiot. As if autocorrect wasn't good enough for your level of Downs.

WOAH WOAH...woah. Whats with the D&D hostility?

Corbic
07-09-2019, 11:29 AM

It's spelled 'lisp' and 'witness' you fucking idiot. As if autocorrect wasn't good enough for your level of Downs.Trigggarrredddddd

https://youtu.be/OB4znOVsfnA

Spelling is correct, read it out loud.

Also, talk about dating yourself. Kids even know what D&D is anymore? I doubt the general public knows Skyrim is from D&D.

DALAZ_68
07-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Trigggarrredddddd

I doubt the general public knows Skyrim is from D&D.

well... TIL...:l101:

jedi03
07-09-2019, 12:49 PM
don't forget the socks while wearing sandals!

Green Arrow
07-09-2019, 01:20 PM
WOW......

No pun intended...

Such anger.

SupaDoopa
07-10-2019, 06:43 AM
Trigggarrredddddd

Spelling is correct, read it out loud.

Also, talk about dating yourself. Kids even know what D&D is anymore? I doubt the general public knows Skyrim is from D&D.

Not triggered at all. You're just not really good at insulting people. Even if you could grasp the fact of autocorrect or using proper punctuation, I've heard funnier shit in middle school. I'd just hate for someone to actually find you entertaining.

Corbic
07-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Not triggered at all. You're just not really good at insulting people. Even if you could grasp the fact of autocorrect or using proper punctuation, I've heard funnier shit in middle school. I'd just hate for someone to actually find you entertaining.So triggered.

Corbic
07-10-2019, 07:41 AM
Lifted truck owners - single handily keeping Base Pro/Cabela's in business by scooping up anything that has a flag and/or camo on it and trucker hats in all color schemes.An cereal fam, Chek out ya own spelling and gramer b4 cryn a boot utters.

It's fucking Bass Pro Shop, not Base Pro.

OBEEWON
07-10-2019, 10:36 AM
Hahaha yall so grumpy. Damn.

SupaDoopa
07-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Wow. So clever. It's a good thing you posted again 7 minutes later with all that good content. The internet cheers for you.

Green Arrow
07-10-2019, 02:12 PM
The butthurt is strong in this one......

Carry on..

Farzam
07-10-2019, 09:45 PM
cliff notes:

OmG u SpeL BaD

No U SpElL wUrSe

SupaDoopa
07-11-2019, 06:21 AM
Cliff notes: Talks like a child at almost 40 years old. Gets called out for being a fucking idiot. Types like a meme that isn't irrelevant anymore. The bottom barrel members post something even more stupid to feel included.

Case in point why people left here.

jedi03
07-11-2019, 08:06 AM
i think it was really the facebook pandemic and people tired of getting flamed and not spoon fed information...

Phlip
07-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Saw a brodozer that had rear ended an Avalon week before last.
If not for gainful employment and parenthood, I would have stopped to ridicule.

(this post contains no spelling/grammar errors)

SupaDoopa
07-11-2019, 10:03 AM
I've honestly never seen a truck sit like that in person. It's not practical here in New England I guess. I've seen the dual rear wheel trucks dragging frame and I've seen them lifted into the sky but never anything of that nature. I sometimes wonder who thinks things like that are 'cool.'

Krusty_s13
07-11-2019, 10:57 AM
I've honestly never seen a truck sit like that in person.

I hope you never have to lay eyes on an atrocity of such.

TheBlackHand
07-11-2019, 11:09 AM
I sometimes wonder who thinks things like that are 'cool.'

High school kids from what I can tell. Brodozers have been showing up to our monthly meets lately. Any genre of vehicle is welcome to show up but they don't even speak to us. They just hang out with the other brodozer owners and make no attempt to talk to anyone else.
Everyone else besides them speaks to each other regardless of the type of car they drive.

SupaDoopa
07-11-2019, 11:24 AM
I hadn't even heard the term until this thread. Maybe the North East is just blessed with some small shred of practicality. A truck like that is doomed 7-8 months out of the year here when the weather is the most unpredictable.

jumpman2334
07-11-2019, 12:12 PM
I've honestly never seen a truck sit like that in person. It's not practical here in New England I guess.

its not practical anywhere (except in Corbic's mom's driveway).

i dont know if you can have double possessive apostrophes in one sentence, but i put them there. sue me.

SupaDoopa
07-11-2019, 02:08 PM
I'll send a constable over shortly.

Corbic
07-15-2019, 08:39 AM
Cliff notes: Talks like a child at almost 40 years old. Gets called out for being a fucking idiot. Types like a meme that isn't irrelevant anymore. The bottom barrel members post something even more stupid to feel included.

Case in point why people left here.So my meme typing is relevant?

Pro Hint: When calling someone out for spelling and grammar, make sure your own spelling and grammar are correct.

Cliff Notes: Crying about grammar and spelling is the nerd version of calling someone a racist/nazi in politics. It means you have no fucking argument.

FaLKoN240
07-16-2019, 10:29 AM
So my meme typing is rerelevant?

Pro Hint: When calling someone out for spelling and grammar, make sure your own spelling and grammar are correct.

Cliff Notes: Crying about grammar and spelling is the nerd version of calling someone a racist/nazi in politics. It means you have no fucking argument.

"rerelevant" what is this word?

It's "PROTIP" "ProTip, the name for small pieces of gameplay advice used as screenshot captions in GamePro magazine. The advice in a hoax version of a ProTip for id Software's Doom ("To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies") was so comically obvious that it later became an Internet catchphrase."

Cliff notes: pointing out simple errors in someone else's statements in an argument is an easy counterpoint to easily discredit the other person's reputability.

I would hardly call this place a professional environment, but if you use written text to communicate in your day to day; brushing up on grammar and spelling definitely improves the guise of professionalism.

Corbic
07-16-2019, 12:12 PM
"rerelevant" what is this word?

It's "PROTIP" "ProTip, the name for small pieces of gameplay advice used as screenshot captions in GamePro magazine. The advice in a hoax version of a ProTip for id Software's Doom ("To defeat the Cyberdemon, shoot at it until it dies") was so comically obvious that it later became an Internet catchphrase."

Cliff notes: pointing out simple errors in someone else's statements in an argument is an easy counterpoint to easily discredit the other person's reputability.

I would hardly call this place a professional environment, but if you use written text to communicate in your day to day; brushing up on grammar and spelling definitely improves the guise of professionalism.Sorry, not a gaming nerd, don't give a shit.

I stand by my statement. Kaypey is all triggered and making a hypocrite of himself. No need to white knight him fam.

SupaDoopa
07-16-2019, 02:08 PM
He isn't white knight'ing. He's just pointing on simple points in why you are making yourself look like the least intelligent 35-year-old that types like a fucking idiot to still use a forum to argue with people.

What exactly is a 'Kaypey' and 'meme typing?'

dizzariot
07-16-2019, 07:44 PM
Fun fact: I got neg rep'd back in May and the comment said my 'name-calling' wasn't mature enough to make me a moderator...but I was calling Corbic a name (not really in the post linked to the rep?) and if you're on Zilvia and don't know Corbic has a kink for being called names I don't know wht to tell you lol.

silnv
07-16-2019, 08:22 PM
How many of the grumpy old assholes still have a s-chassis? I still have 2.

spooled240
07-16-2019, 10:48 PM
Just my one and only from 05. I should start driving her again..

Also, Corbic's grammar has been shit for years this is old news. I bet his SN was originally supposed to be Corbin but he misspelled that also lol

tuzzio
07-17-2019, 08:00 AM
I still have my coupe.

Also, im grumpy about truck shopping.

dorkidori_s13
07-17-2019, 10:58 AM
How many of the grumpy old assholes still have a s-chassis? I still have 2.

me! my ex moved out back in april and it really pushed me to get the car finished as its been sitting for 2 years pretty much untouched in my garage. since the ex left, ive done SO much to it!!! full manual JDM seat belt conversion (including interior panels), clean fenders, moved both fender well harnesses, rerouted a few harnesses, fixed front bumper fitment, removed rear seat belts, greddy turbo timer, S15 sun visors, glass H4 conversion housings, new hood bumpers, new hatch bumpers, new sun roof trim, new hatch area weatherstripping, car is FINALLY going in for tuning in a week or two along with getting a ton of engine bay stuff powder coated, having my PS pump + rack rebuilt (no more leaky leaky), installing a ton of urethane bushings, installing greddy intake manifold etc etc. doing full Z32 brake conversion once tuning stuff is paid off... then FINALLY OFF TO PAINT NEXT YEAR!!!

but yeah, heres how it currently sits

https://www.dorkidori.com/lenns_240sx/lenns_car_2019_01.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand heres how im hoping it will look this time next year...

https://www.dorkidori.com/lenns_240sx/lenns_car_2019_04.jpg

but yeah, time to finish the beast... im glad my ex split and moved out! funny how motivation comes from the strangest places ;)

jumpman2334
07-17-2019, 12:29 PM
now that we've heard about dori's dirty laundry, who else wants to share?

Standard
07-17-2019, 11:01 PM
Dorki, black a-pillar/roof = good. Black hood, no. Why? Also, black trim line -front bumper/fender looks goofy. Done being grumpy :)

SupaDoopa
07-18-2019, 06:35 AM
The black hood is super 'early 90s' and I don't know how I feel about it. If the hood shapes weren't so weird on a S13 then maybe it would flow better but I agree and stay white with it.

dorkidori_s13
07-18-2019, 07:53 AM
Black hood, no. Why?

because carbon fiber thats why!

Also, black trim line -front bumper/fender looks goofy. Done being grumpy :)

because the trim line is old school AF!

Krusty_s13
07-18-2019, 08:35 AM
because carbon fiber thats why!

because the trim line is old school AF!

As long as that rear marker gets shaved, we're all happy!

dorkidori_s13
07-18-2019, 09:10 AM
As long as that rear marker gets shaved, we're all happy!

well im not trying to make everyone else happy, im working on making myself happy... so the rear markers stay as ive never had a problem with them being where they are.