PDA

View Full Version : Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

dorkidori_s13
01-03-2020, 11:56 AM
Good stuff.

Oh to go back in time and fill a garage with such parts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

im excited... i replaced the fronts with OE units about 3-4 years back and it made a huge difference in steering feel. but ive always wanted the NISMO units as they have longer ball joints and help with roll center correction. not building a drift track beast, just something i enjoy driving and will take out to the track occasionally ;) so the NISMO units were perfect! and theyll go great with my NISMO power brace :D bling bling!

ixfxi
01-05-2020, 01:09 AM
im excited... i replaced the fronts with OE units about 3-4 years back and it made a huge difference in steering feel. but ive always wanted the NISMO units as they have longer ball joints and help with roll center correction. not building a drift track beast, just something i enjoy driving and will take out to the track occasionally ;) so the NISMO units were perfect! and theyll go great with my NISMO power brace :D bling bling!

nismo LCAs have different ball joints? NOPE

Fries
01-06-2020, 12:11 AM
100%

Unfortunately that's what our society expects on a macro level.

See it in everything, like the dude that wants to start snow boarding, so he drops $5k on top brand gear and a custom board before he ever hit a slop.

Just think about how many mint interior, working A/C cars got gutted into drift missiles....

This is actually something I lose my mind over. People over here stripping perfectly good cars for weight savings, but ignoring the fact they are freaking obese themselves. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

afishysilvia
01-06-2020, 07:37 AM
This is actually something I lose my mind over. People over here stripping perfectly good cars for weight savings, but ignoring the fact they are freaking obese themselves. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Lol like fat asses into drag racing cars. How much weight do they account for ? :rofl:

jedi03
01-06-2020, 09:46 AM
you know I feel like the driver mod has been discussed a lot...more people need to account for that...not just as experience behind the wheel lol

afishysilvia
01-06-2020, 09:53 AM
you know I feel like the driver mod has been discussed a lot...more people need to account for that...not just as experience behind the wheel lol

Doesn’t matter cause they’ve shaved off X amount of weight by reducing weight in structure and lightweight parts. Genius...

Corbic
01-06-2020, 09:56 AM
you know I feel like the driver mod has been discussed a lot...more people need to account for that...not just as experience behind the wheel lolDoesn’t matter cause they’ve shaved off X amount of weight by reducing weight in structure and lightweight parts. Genius...Drag racers do talk about "complete" weight with driver and fuel. It's why they have scales at the end of the track when you get your slip, that way you know what you weighted when you made that pass.

SupaDoopa
01-06-2020, 02:22 PM
People who race in specific series or events that are top tier have all the right to sit here and say how much money they spent because they've put the R&D and mucho monies to get where they are.

Some fuckboi with a S chassis that put on some ISR control arms and Whiteline bushings calling his shit a race car has the sack to come here and post some stupid ass rule book telling me I don't know about racing MUST know more than these guys. Or he has the -tism.

spooled240
01-06-2020, 04:14 PM
lmao
1. I never called my car a racecar
2. I just said you can participate in road racing events in a car that can also be driven on the street (not sure why this is such a foreign concept for some of you)
3. doing the above doesn't cost a ton of money or R&D, plenty of people are driving stock cars in the beginning series like I stated earlier
4. I don't need to prove myself to you or meet your standards of being "where they are". Again I just said there's levels to this.
5. You seem unusually angry about this. Go wind down with Katy

https://media1.giphy.com/media/DCEMdPGLStf4Q/giphy.gif

SupaDoopa
01-07-2020, 06:41 AM
Not entirely sure as to why it says 'FORBIDDEN' when I go up and literally quote you calling your car a 'road race car' proving you wrong but consider yourself saved by Zilvia.

Road race cars are cars in which participate in road racing which makes it a race car. I don't give a fuck if you drive it to 7/11 or daily it, it's literally by definition a race car. So yes - you did call it a race car even if your microscopic brain capacity couldn't fathom you may or may not have call it that indirectly.

TheRealSy90
01-07-2020, 07:51 AM
I just wanna say Tsuchiya's 86 would destroy 99% of any Zilvia member's cars. Within reason of course.

spooled240
01-07-2020, 08:52 AM
Not entirely sure as to why it says 'FORBIDDEN' when I go up and literally quote you calling your car a 'road race car' proving you wrong but consider yourself saved by Zilvia.

Road race cars are cars in which participate in road racing which makes it a race car. I don't give a fuck if you drive it to 7/11 or daily it, it's literally by definition a race car. So yes - you did call it a race car even if your microscopic brain capacity couldn't fathom you may or may not have call it that indirectly.

Have you heard of copy and paste? Even my microscopic brain could have figured that out lol.

and this is probably what you were referring to?

"My point was that you can totally have a fun and competitive road racing car and still drive it on the street."

you CAN (not mine) CAN/it's possible to have a fun and competitive road racing car that can be street driven.

..and I'll just leave this here, again. Skip down to TOURING CLASS and remember your yellow book from Hooked on Phonics. Sound it out and try and understand that there are classes to road racing.

https://www.scca.com/pages/on-track

But SCCA is gay or something, right? Ok here's another one:
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/81797043_2219605388347729_3458238062499201024_o.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=b7vm8fWhEvIAQk7_mwtJY82TUDJvq_LtmA5nyoQ3aC iklGdZ9-xO-EHtA&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.fna&oh=811e32a8f4c802eb83c14647c91eb071&oe=5EAE5BED

Some of these cars are driven on the street. There are very competitive s14's, FR-Z's, 370z's, 350z's, GT-R's, etc. that are all street driven.

But I know you don't care about the rules..or any kind of rules that disprove your argument. Only the made up rules in your fantasy world where only one-seater fiberglass body over full tube chassis can participate in road racing.

jedi03
01-07-2020, 09:35 AM
as in capability or longevity?

feito
01-07-2020, 11:25 AM
I just wanna say Tsuchiya's 86 would destroy 99% of any Zilvia member's cars. Within reason of course.
Well duh!! you can't race a car when it's on jack stands

SupaDoopa
01-07-2020, 01:54 PM
Definitely looks like a ton of cars that go shredding on the street when they aren't on the track they were built for. Great example.

spooled240
01-07-2020, 11:12 PM
? yeah, some of them do..

agree to disagree, well leave it at that.

s13 @ fullboost
01-20-2020, 01:09 AM

But SCCA is gay or something, right?

This is gold.... lol

ZenkiKid
01-22-2020, 10:07 AM
This is gold.... lol

I heard the people running SCCA here in San Diego is a bunch of elitist assholes which is why I never thought about going in my FA5

s13 @ fullboost
01-22-2020, 10:25 AM
I heard the people running SCCA here in San Diego is a bunch of elitist assholes which is why I never thought about going in my FA5

I will not talk any shit as I do not know the SD chapter. I race W2W with NASA and occasionally see SCCA guys. For the most part they seem cool. With that said I would like to think they are also talented as a SCCA racing license is valid to enter many other sanctions of racing.

SupaDoopa
01-22-2020, 01:19 PM

Yes.

msglength

PoorMans180SX
01-23-2020, 07:49 AM
That's no longer a street safe daily driver.

Uhhh, why not? It's actually much safer now than when you started...

Talking about street cars...

Tsuchiya's 86 is what I consider to be the pinnacle of a "properly" tuned Japanese "street car":

No cage
No GT wing
Paint/ focus on aesthetics
Full interior
A/C & heat
Strong focus on handling and balance
Can have "fun" doing spirited street driving, track days, drifting and of course Touge Battles... lol

The above almost seems like a foreign concept to most S-Chassis these days.

Have you seen how this car was built? It has like $70,000+ worth of work in it. They basically took it down to the bare chassis, reinforced the entire thing, and put it back together with new everything.

Any s-chassis with coilovers, sway bars, and decently sticky tires will tear itself apart after a few years of being driven hard. These are wet-noodle chassis', they need help.

Anyways, this whole conversation is stupid. Can we move on or would you guys like to keep talking about racing classes and rule books?

Agreed. Everyone is arguing semantics. Call your car whatever you want, just have fun driving it. Fuck.

SupaDoopa
01-24-2020, 07:20 AM
The fact we even had that argument just goes to show how fucking stupid SCCA or whatever the fuck they call their swingers group. When they're done getting sweaty by driving their cars around, they slip out of their race suits into their birthday suits so they can yank and suck each other.

Can we talk about what type of meat people prefer in their burgers? Christ.

S14rebuild
01-24-2020, 08:17 AM
The fact we even had that argument just goes to show how fucking stupid SCCA or whatever the fuck they call their swingers group. When they're done getting sweaty by driving their cars around, they slip out of their race suits into their birthday suits so they can yank and suck each other.

Can we talk about what type of meat people prefer in their burgers? Christ.

Lmao:p

spooled240
01-24-2020, 09:47 AM
..because building tire smoke machines with Sailor Moon on the side and comparing ride heights is a much serious type of motorsport..

BryanSayWhat
01-24-2020, 12:24 PM
Have you seen how this car was built? It has like $70,000+ worth of work in it. They basically took it down to the bare chassis, reinforced the entire thing, and put it back together with new everything.Yes, I have seen how that car was built... That's why I used the word "pinnacle". Tsuchiya paid for all of the work to be done by the "best of the best".

Seam/ stitch welding on S-Chassis isn't something that's unheard of. It's just those who do don't keep full interiors with working A/C and almost always put in some sort of half/ full cage.

jedi03
01-24-2020, 12:28 PM
i prefer either beef or elk...perfect burger to date: Fuddruckers bun, beef patty, cheese, guacamole, egg, tomato, pickles, shredded lettuce, bacon, ketchup, mayo, dab of mustard....shoulda gotten that for lunch instead of Costco pizza lol, the pizza was good tho!

brndck
01-24-2020, 12:29 PM

https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/81797043_2219605388347729_3458238062499201024_o.jp g?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=b7vm8fWhEvIAQk7_mwtJY82TUDJvq_LtmA5nyoQ3aC iklGdZ9-xO-EHtA&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.fna&oh=811e32a8f4c802eb83c14647c91eb071&oe=5EAE5BED

Some of these cars are driven on the street. There are very competitive s14's, FR-Z's, 370z's, 350z's, GT-R's, etc. that are all street driven.

I know malko street drives his z34 on a regular basis. he comes out to the Irvine meet from time to time.

deolio
01-24-2020, 03:49 PM
i prefer either beef or elk...perfect burger to date: Fuddruckers bun, beef patty, cheese, guacamole, egg, tomato, pickles, shredded lettuce, bacon, ketchup, mayo, dab of mustard....shoulda gotten that for lunch instead of Costco pizza lol, the pizza was good tho!

i like some buffalo mixed into the beef with some chopped onions and various seasonings. it all starts with the patty. and i like to keep it simple. jack cheese, horseradish mustard, sautéed onions, and a slice of romaine. all you need!

brndck
01-24-2020, 04:39 PM
i like some buffalo mixed into the beef with some chopped onions and various seasonings. it all starts with the patty. and i like to keep it simple. jack cheese, horseradish mustard, sautéed onions, and a slice of romaine. all you need!
not gonna lie, I like some A1 mixed in with the burger while you cook it, and have even gotten so naughty as to mix a little in with my ketchup.

deolio
01-24-2020, 06:39 PM
not gonna lie, I like some A1 mixed in with the burger while you cook it, and have even gotten so naughty as to mix a little in with my ketchup.

you know how i know you're 'merican?

my grandpa was a tomato farmer and sold most of his tomatoes to heinz. i hate ketchup :keke: although, i did go to some place on the beach in cayucos that somehow had some delicious home made ketchup.

brndck
01-24-2020, 09:59 PM
you know how i know you're 'merican?

my grandpa was a tomato farmer and sold most of his tomatoes to heinz. i hate ketchup :keke: although, i did go to some place on the beach in cayucos that somehow had some delicious home made ketchup.

Next time you’re down there get some Cayucos hot sauce. Our friend Lars started his own brand and it’s bomb.

https://cayucoshotsauce.com

You can get it on amazon too

deolio
01-27-2020, 02:09 AM
^ooo imma get some

debate: having a shop space were you work on your car is better than working on it at home in your garage.

i spent 18 hours working on my car this weekend. i think if i was in my garage i probably would have gotten maybe 5 hours of work done. sooooo much easier to focus.

but then people are like, “well, i like to tinker on things.” but do you actually ever GET ANY SHIT DONE?

maybe it’s just a binge vs steady stream thing? netflix vs cable of car building procedure haha

S14rebuild
01-27-2020, 04:49 AM
I like my car at home... sometimes ill be just sitn on the couch in my boxers drinkn a beer n catch a random urge togo in the garage and "tinker" usually turns into a few hrs of getn shit done lol the family respects me workn in the garage on my toys, but then again i respect my family and their above anything n everything eles

SupaDoopa
01-27-2020, 07:10 AM
..because building tire smoke machines with Sailor Moon on the side and comparing ride heights is a much serious type of motorsport..

I don't really think you want me to start pulling up the shit boxes that claim their SCCA racecardriveboiz. Just because some beat pussy clapped out youtube whore is looking for views doesn't really reflect on the rest of us. Shit is a business and it doesn't give a fuck if some nerdy fuck who playes WoW all day drinking MONSTER with his SCCA socks and camshaft tattoo like yourself gives a fuck. You're a number. We're all numbers.

---

Anyways. What's the most exotic meat you've had as a burger or in a burger?

jedi03
01-27-2020, 08:33 AM
I also prefer working at home...don't have boss breathing down my neck, customers distracting me every 2 seconds etc...I still help people out and regularly turn around multiple full day jobs in less than 8 hours...I don't have steady stream of work or would work from home instead lol! there are times when the honey do list takes precedence but I can normally knock that out and get the work done too! I also have fallen into the start one project and get into 10 more, theres just a lot to do owning a home lol!

[240sx]
01-27-2020, 09:00 AM
Debate: having a shop space were you work on your car is better than working on it at home in your garage.

I spent 18 hours working on my car this weekend. i think if i was in my garage i probably would have gotten maybe 5 hours of work done. Sooooo much easier to focus.
Garage is for parking, a Shop is for work. At home, there are too many distractions, better things to be doing with your time. Especially when kids/ working spouse are home.

No debate. Shop (if your fortunate enough to have one) :naw:

spooled240
01-27-2020, 02:02 PM
I've never had a problem with focusing on my work in my garage..just having the space to work to begin with. I'm at my wit's end of living in apartments in this state.

I don't really think you want me to start pulling up the shit boxes that claim their SCCA racecardriveboiz.

Let's see them :drama:

lunchmeat
01-27-2020, 08:05 PM
I don't have an issue staying focused working on my crap in my shop. My issue is I can't work out there for more than an hour without getting a raging migraine for some damned reason I can't figure out. Best guess is the lighting, but hell if I know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jedi03
01-28-2020, 07:36 AM
in light of similar migraines at work I have been leaving the fluorescents above my desk burnt out...helps a little, at home I have been keeping slightly dimmer lights and moving to LED which have a more consistent light patter and not the slight flicker that fluorescents have...did have super bright lights which caused issue and cheap fluorescent which did the same...

brndck
01-28-2020, 08:35 AM
in light of similar migraines at work I have been leaving the fluorescents above my desk burnt out...helps a little, at home I have been keeping slightly dimmer lights and moving to LED which have a more consistent light patter and not the slight flicker that fluorescents have...did have super bright lights which caused issue and cheap fluorescent which did the same...

I ditched all the fluorescents in my shop in favor of LED, and its a big improvement in light quality, and my electric bill went down.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZBNLDJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

these are about $25 each, and they can daisy chain so you can link a few of them together.

e1_griego
01-28-2020, 08:41 AM
^Just did 10 of those in my garage.

It's daylight now.

Very nice!

collegekid
01-28-2020, 08:44 AM
I have LEDs in the garage.

In regards to having migraines and stuff while working:

-lights could be too bright or you need to stop looking directly into the light/ get a diffuser
-improper airflow/ventilation/ not wearing a proper respirator for the work you are doing
----are you soldering and not evacuating the gases?
----stop smoking
----when welding, certain metals give off gases
-cleanliness
-family members nagging you for stuff?
-do your eyeglasses/safety glasses have a shit ton of scratches on them?

I have only really had headaches in the garage from that one time I removed my gas tank (1/4 full) and when I was wire wheeling off the undercoating. The only other times were when I would get interrupted by dumbass neighbors who are retired/have no kids and are like "Hey, whatcha doing?"

RalliartRsX
01-28-2020, 08:49 AM
The issue I have with having a shop that isn't within spitting distance of my house is scheduling. When you have a family and competing priorities, to plan out when you will have time for a lower tier priority (working on cars), you end up with some odd ball times

Also, when I come up with oddball ideas to stuff a random engine into a chassis that simple wasn't made to fit it, I would like to luxury of running downstairs @ 11:47 PM on a Tuesday night to try it out. If I have to hall my ass out of the house, when it's 36 F outside to try some insane idea that may or may not work, would easily drive me to selling it all and moving on to another more easily accessible hobby.

lunchmeat
01-28-2020, 08:16 PM
I'm guessing it's the fluorescents. I'm extremely blue light sensitive, even wearing blue light blocking glasses, I still get migraines. Got one right now from driving 6 hours in bright sun...with sunglasses and a 20% window tint. Shit sucks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SupaDoopa
01-29-2020, 06:26 AM
Our ceilings are so tall that the lights have to drop a solid 10' before the light becomes as bright as I'd like. I too want to go LED but before investing, the plan was to check all the other local shops to see what they use. Unfortunately, they're all using the NATGRID objective to switch over and I cannot as I'm not a shop open for public business. Bummer.

Farzam
02-19-2020, 04:35 AM
Y'all must not be so grumpy anymore

Anybody else seen the Klutch Kickers $100k drift series thing? Any thoughts?

SupaDoopa
02-19-2020, 07:11 AM
Y'all must not be so grumpy anymore

Anybody else seen the Klutch Kickers $100k drift series thing? Any thoughts?

Bye, biased ass Formula D. Cars don't need to accomplish three small turns with 2000HP. Technical driving will hopefully return.

brndck
02-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Bye, biased ass Formula D. Cars don't need to accomplish three small turns with 2000HP. Technical driving will hopefully return.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/59e64161e45a7c56bc301a39/1581524330576-B8MDWN0LNRA6SJMS0DP1/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kNPKVmbt05aEWnErXou3fDl7gQa3H7 8H3Y0txjaiv_0fDoOvxcdMmMKkDsyUqMSsMWxHk725yiiHCCLf rh8O1z4YTzHvnKhyp6Da-NYroOW3ZGjoBKy3azqku80C789l0tb-hnCqoepq4X8c1traqO_6-8vaS3UGENu9QP5pfFlLbyLeIY6QzmBTG9h7XCKkkQ/DJI_0028.jpg?format=1500w

"The track is very small and technical, so bringing a pro car on big tires will work against you."

I love it. There is no reason FD should be the ONLY "pro-level" representation of drifting. Esp since they continue to just follow the "more is more" train.

deolio
02-19-2020, 12:13 PM
that track looks like it was built by a drunk guy named rick on a steam roller

SupaDoopa
02-19-2020, 02:12 PM
Probably was but you already know the age of lower horsepower cars is making it's return.

dizzariot
02-19-2020, 04:07 PM
I think I've mentioned this before, but if you have IG and constantly repost the same cars from the same shops, you're fucking annoying man.

I know these cars are nice, but I follow YOU to see YOUR car and shit. Like once in a while is fine and all but more often than not it's just some dude reposting a line-up of e-famous cars.

I'm sick of watching y'all tug each other off. I have to unfollow people with cars I like because i just can't stand the shit.

Also, fucking tired of people worshiping Sammit. He's got a Japanese wife and is basically a live-in child that never left the nest. Tell me more about how he's influential, please.

brndck
02-19-2020, 04:31 PM
I'm sick of watching y'all tug each other off. I have to unfollow people with cars I like because i just can't stand the shit.

bish puhleeeeeeze, you LOVE watching me get tugged off. :love::fruit::naughty:

dizzariot
02-19-2020, 04:38 PM
bish puhleeeeeeze, you LOVE watching me get tugged off. :love::fruit::naughty:

I'd prefer it if we kept our bedroom shenanigans out of this. ty.

SupaDoopa
02-20-2020, 06:17 AM
Why would someone post someone else's shit on their IG unless they were like... actively there with them at an event or something? That's some real dick rider shit.

brndck
02-20-2020, 09:32 AM
Why would someone post someone else's shit on their IG unless they were like... actively there with them at an event or something? That's some real dick rider shit.

repost pages are trash. esp the ones who start up "streetwear" brands at the same time, but create no original content.

S14rebuild
02-20-2020, 09:38 AM
Also, fucking tired of people worshiping Sammit. He's got a Japanese wife and is basically a live-in child that never left the nest. Tell me more about how he's influential, please.

Does LZ fit this too lmao?

SupaDoopa
02-20-2020, 01:42 PM
LZ is making money because plebs like you click his shit to watch what outlandish shit he's doing with his money that day. He's literally spending the money he's making off of you in every video. I am jealous that I didn't do some stupid shit like that. Y'all are dumb as fuck.

dizzariot
02-20-2020, 03:14 PM
repost pages are trash. esp the ones who start up "streetwear" brands at the same time, but create no original content.

...they're not repost pages. They're dudes posting other dudes cars when I'm just trying to look at that one dude's car.

Does LZ fit this too lmao?

I'm in closer proximity to Sammit shit since he's in Yokohama. LZ is a fucking turd, too. Why people want to watch some stupid rich kid build cars when money is no object is beyond me. You either have YouTube channels with dudes building cars on shitty low budgets or someone with a dumb amount of disposable income.

I don't want to see haggard pieces of shit built.

I don't find it interesting to watch a millionaire spend their money.

I'm SUPER disappointed Sammit and LZ got in bed with Yashio. I know it's free advertising for him but it's so fucking cringe to see.

LZ is making money because plebs like you click his shit to watch what outlandish shit he's doing with his money that day. He's literally spending the money he's making off of you in every video. I am jealous that I didn't do some stupid shit like that. Y'all are dumb as fuck.

My favorite is when someone I know is like "Man I hate Sammit/LZ. In his latest video..."

DUDE. You're giving them fucking views!

My buddies and I constantly wonder why 'car people' on social media can't just be 'normal' about their cars. If they're dudes, they're trying to replicate the Golden Era or start a new wave, if they're girls there's always an equal amount of posts with them in Yoga pants facing away from the camera.

I'd love to start a channel one day about periodic maintenance/upgrades to my cars and just be fucking n o r m a l about it.

S14rebuild
02-20-2020, 04:01 PM

Please dont count me in that group...i have no care for him or anyother youtube ig fanboi but its usually all the talk and rage what there upto.... i was just asking his opinion...seems we agree

[240sx]
02-20-2020, 05:05 PM
I'd love to start a channel one day about periodic maintenance/upgrades to my cars and just be fucking n o r m a l about it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200221/d8a77bf1324de0a130668604427c95ad.gif

**unsubscribed**

dizzariot
02-20-2020, 05:23 PM
;6373082']

**unsubscribed**

LOL yeah it sounds bad when you read it.

I'd just like to be a 'solution' instead of angrily bitching about the state of things.

deolio
02-20-2020, 05:57 PM
i've been watching papadakis racing channel lately. if anyone deserves the youtube fame, it's stephen (not that he needs it). really good at teaching and explaining and doing shit THE RIGHT WAY, which is very refreshing. 99% of the youtube car dweebs bring nothing to the table and do shit that LITERALLY anyone could do with an ounce of effort and a teaspoon of inspiration.

[240sx]
02-20-2020, 06:50 PM
I take great pleasure in utilizing the "Don't recommend channel" option on youtube. Like [emoji867].

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

SupaDoopa
02-21-2020, 07:38 AM
I think what's even worse is TJ Hunt and that THROTTLE fuck boy group. Building EXTREMELY stupid shit, smashing it into a wall and then being like, no worries. I have all this disposable income - I'll just go get a Ferrari. ROFLCOPTER.

Y'all are sheep. They're like the new MONSTER sticker all those fucking vaping douchers had on everything which later turned into HOONIGAN which later turned into TJ/LZ.

jedi03
02-21-2020, 08:46 AM
well that's what makes the money! I don't think I could sleep at night acting like that lol!

TheRealSy90
02-21-2020, 08:58 AM
A normal channel about periodic maintenance sounds super fucking boring.

jedi03
02-21-2020, 09:24 AM
just wear a clown nose and it will be the new hot video!

Corbic
02-21-2020, 09:39 AM
A normal channel about periodic maintenance sounds super fucking boring.What if that normal maintenance is being done by an etot?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200221/ffb105e46d8e82a485a39d85dcbd5f13.gif

brndck
02-21-2020, 09:59 AM
i've been watching papadakis racing channel lately. if anyone deserves the youtube fame, it's stephen (not that he needs it). really good at teaching and explaining and doing shit THE RIGHT WAY, which is very refreshing. 99% of the youtube car dweebs bring nothing to the table and do shit that LITERALLY anyone could do with an ounce of effort and a teaspoon of inspiration.

THIS. Steph is one of the only youtube car channels I can stand to watch.
He knows his shit, and pays attention to every last detail in his builds.

SupaDoopa
02-21-2020, 11:15 AM
THIS. Steph is one of the only youtube car channels I can stand to watch.
He knows his shit, and pays attention to every last detail in his builds.

And has an endless supply of money.

Imagine if someone gave a fuck about their shit as much as he does but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?

[240sx]
02-21-2020, 11:28 AM
A normal channel about periodic maintenance sounds super fucking boring.
..but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?
"ReV uP yUr EngiNes"

There, I've summoned Scotty Kilmer for ya.

deolio
02-21-2020, 11:36 AM
so basically this is a youtube feed curating thread now

[240sx]
02-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Sent from my f**k u device.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200221/c3575b2fa0e305474031372b1d79b983.gif

SupaDoopa
02-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Could give half a shit about YouTube. I barely have enough time to get on here and talk shit to everyone - nevermind sit there and watch people have other people build their stupid investments for 20 minutes at a time.

TheRealSy90
02-21-2020, 01:55 PM

Imagine if someone gave a fuck about their shit as much as he does but isn't rich as hell and did shit at a pace that wasn't absurd for the normal Joe?

I just don't see how that is entertaining at all. So watch a regular joe do regular things at a regular lower-middle class income/pace?
Might as well put a selfie stick on my back and live stream myself to myself and watch myself do my own shit.

SupaDoopa
02-21-2020, 02:28 PM
How is it entertaining to watch people with endless money do shit you'll never be able to? Is it some weird fetish? I'd rather watch grassroots shit of dudes out there in the local clubs shred together - not some dude sink easily six figures into a S15, get all sorts of sponsorship so his car doesn't have a blank livery, buy a fucking six figure tow rig and STILL managed to get clapped up by a dozen of no-named dudes doing this shit by selling tuggies between practice sessions in the port-o-johns. All this after BUYING into Pro2 - not even earning it.

That's real sick, bruh. I'll tune into that shit all day. @[email protected]

KA24DESOneThree
02-21-2020, 03:21 PM

You'd probably have someone like me with their caged car on jack stands in their shop for the past five years. If I ever finish the car, I'm going to have to take lessons on how to drive the damn thing.

"Hey guys, another video of me not working on my main car but check out these sweet parts I bought for a project I shouldn't have bought. Yeah they're stock but stock is cool."

Donate to my Patreon.

vasponger
02-21-2020, 03:27 PM
rob dahms is decent cause hes actually building something.

brndck
02-21-2020, 04:14 PM
You'd probably have someone like me with their caged car on jack stands in their shop for the past five years. If I ever finish the car, I'm going to have to take lessons on how to drive the damn thing.

"Hey guys, another video of me not working on my main car but check out these sweet parts I bought for a project I shouldn't have bought. Yeah they're stock but stock is cool."

Donate to my Patreon.

just @ me next time. :sadwavey:

my $4k paint job, brand new aero, built sr20vet caged car is still on jack stands, but I bought another dumpster pile s13 with a redtop for $1500 just so I could get back to the track some time this decade. Done 2 balcony events since the beginning of the year, and going to HTM this sunday. Someday i'll finish my other car. . . . .

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200221/f0115b5ba81eb0b8b2abe4f1af467547.jpg

dizzariot
02-21-2020, 10:43 PM
I don’t mean strictly maintenance. Traveling around Japan, driving on cool roads, and then making the videos ‘informational’ for beginners. I said I’d like to be a part of the solution instead of bitching. This is how (I think) I can do it...but who knows.

A lot of y’all have this perversion of rich folks. I don’t get it.

dizzariot
02-22-2020, 05:52 PM
...anyone hear about Sean Morris calling out AdamLZ/Trap Team.

Discuss.

spooled240
02-22-2020, 09:17 PM
This thread has become the the TMZ of the car world.

s13 @ fullboost
02-23-2020, 01:07 AM
I admire some of these "youtuber" guys. They make money fucking around, I have to hustle to make my money & I am okay with that.....but if I could make money making videos and building cars for myself with somebody else's money no doubt I would take the gig.

Farzam
02-23-2020, 05:03 AM
...anyone hear about Sean Morris calling out AdamLZ/Trap Team.

Discuss.

He's a cranky attention whore and bootlicker. If he really cared so much about 25-year law he would try to lobby against it, but I guess being a boomer edge lord seemed an easier route to take. Business must be slow if he has time to post 20 times a day about somebody he doesn't even know.

What really ticks me off is people like him act like they have never broken a single law in their lives and then try to shit on other people like they are some sort of authority. Modifying cars is illegal. Jaywalking is illegal. I'm sure he's sped beyond the legal limits on public roadways.

dizzariot
02-23-2020, 03:30 PM
This thread has become the the TMZ of the car world.

Can't argue.

He's a cranky attention whore and bootlicker. If he really cared so much about 25-year law he would try to lobby against it, but I guess being a boomer edge lord seemed an easier route to take. Business must be slow if he has time to post 20 times a day about somebody he doesn't even know.

What really ticks me off is people like him act like they have never broken a single law in their lives and then try to shit on other people like they are some sort of authority. Modifying cars is illegal. Jaywalking is illegal. I'm sure he's sped beyond the legal limits on public roadways.

The way he's going off on comments and shit is definitely childish. I do, however, agree with him. Y'all have seen me in the marketplace here.

I don't think he needs the publicity or the money. I think he's made enough doing this stuff the legal way to where he has enough spare time to make this his goal in life. I don't know him, and he's an asshole from what I can tell by my brief interaction with him at Nissan Jam...but he knows what he's talking about.

Can you really say jaywalking is on the same level as selling a $7k car for $20k profit to an unsuspecting buyer..? The argument doesn't need to go to those types of extremes, it doesn't lend to your side, man. Saying he's a bootlicker because he supports ONE law is pretty 'meh'. When these cars are brought in illegally they can never be made legal. The sellers get to make their profits, then leave the buyers with nothing if/when the cars get seized. I know what's coming next: Oh that never happens.

Well it's been a long time coming, and now someone is going to make it their mission in life.

Farzam
02-23-2020, 04:26 PM
Can't argue.

The way he's going off on comments and shit is definitely childish. I do, however, agree with him. Y'all have seen me in the marketplace here.

I don't think he needs the publicity or the money. I think he's made enough doing this stuff the legal way to where he has enough spare time to make this his goal in life. I don't know him, and he's an asshole from what I can tell by my brief interaction with him at Nissan Jam...but he knows what he's talking about.

Can you really say jaywalking is on the same level as selling a $7k car for $20k profit to an unsuspecting buyer..? The argument doesn't need to go to those types of extremes, it doesn't lend to your side, man. Saying he's a bootlicker because he supports ONE law is pretty 'meh'. When these cars are brought in illegally they can never be made legal. The sellers get to make their profits, then leave the buyers with nothing if/when the cars get seized. I know what's coming next: Oh that never happens.

Well it's been a long time coming, and now someone is going to make it their mission in life.

Certainly is a knowledgable fellow. That cannot be argued.

Jaywalking is not on the same level as a felony crime, true. That being said you can't just pick and choose what to follow and then badmouth people for doing the same thing, lol. And quite frankly I don't care if anybody in here agrees with me, it's zilvia. If people did agree with me I'd be a little concerned.

Unsuspecting buyer my ass, it's 2020. Anybody with internet access who says they don't know the legalities is lying through their teeth. A few cars a year get seized, cool, there are thousands upon thousands here and nothing is gonna change that. I don't think they're gonna send the National Guard into Florida any time soon.

Cars brought in illegally aren't permanently screwed. Theoretically when it's legal you should ship it off roro to a non-NA port then ship it back. Just don't get it seized before then.

Owning a basically illegal car isn't for everybody, but just because it isn't something you would do doesn't mean you should harass people and TRY to get them in trouble.

I called Morris a bootlicker for more "ONE law", these are for non-auto related reasons so I don't see hit is as a place to air those grievances. Nice assumption though <3

dizzariot
02-23-2020, 06:16 PM
Certainly is a knowledgable fellow. That cannot be argued.

Jaywalking is not on the same level as a felony crime, true. That being said you can't just pick and choose what to follow and then badmouth people for doing the same thing, lol. And quite frankly I don't care if anybody in here agrees with me, it's zilvia. If people did agree with me I'd be a little concerned.

Unsuspecting buyer my ass, it's 2020. Anybody with internet access who says they don't know the legalities is lying through their teeth. A few cars a year get seized, cool, there are thousands upon thousands here and nothing is gonna change that. I don't think they're gonna send the National Guard into Florida any time soon.

Cars brought in illegally aren't permanently screwed. Theoretically when it's legal you should ship it off roro to a non-NA port then ship it back. Just don't get it seized before then.

Owning a basically illegal car isn't for everybody, but just because it isn't something you would do doesn't mean you should harass people and TRY to get them in trouble.

I called Morris a bootlicker for more "ONE law", these are for non-auto related reasons so I don't see hit is as a place to air those grievances. Nice assumption though <3

...but you're still comparing jaywalking to a felony crime. I mean if you're a 100% paragon you can live by your 'all or nothing' take on life...but I'd still argue that having dark tint and a felony crime don't register on the same meter for me.

Theoretically isn't facts. I asked a guy with an auction license here (regularly facilitates sales to base employees and exports cars) and that is not true at all. If it comes in illegal, it stays illegal. He's an expat and he's been doing this for 20+ years.

...and "just don't get it seized" ?

Dude if you got money like that then more power to you. I'm not taking those risks with money invested in a car.

This thread is for agreements, disagreements, and whatever lies in between.

I think that, as part of a 'community' , we should care more about the legalities of these cars coming into the US. These shops/people selling them aren't in it because they love cars. They love money and they could give less fucks about what happens to buyers.

jedi03
02-24-2020, 09:07 AM
I do miss the days when you could import a car and it was only on the owner to get it legally setup for driving in the US...if it wasn't legal then they couldn't register it or properly insure it...to much power is in the fed right now and I don't know if any of you follow the Sema Action Network that discusses a lot of these issues and lobbys for a lot of allowances for us to enjoy our hobby...

collegekid
02-24-2020, 10:17 AM
Sema Action Network discusses a lot of these issues and lobbys for a lot of allowances for us to enjoy our hobby...

Didnt know about it until you mentioned it (I know about SEMA).

Signed up, sent a message about the RPM act thing.

jedi03
02-25-2020, 07:48 AM
its funny, I somehow got on their mailing list right after I went to SEMA in 08 and found out a year or so later it wasn't related lol

SupaDoopa
02-26-2020, 06:50 AM

Donate to my Patreon.

I work a normal 50-60 hour a week job, still find time to get to my garage with a R32 on one lift and a Euro-spec S14a on another. I have a house, a family, bills, etc. and I still budget to make sure I do some relevant shit to my car every so often. With added revenue, I could just go buy a JZX100 in Japan and start drifting around like these dudes. Don't get me wrong, I can't knock what they're doing. They're literally living the dream. What happens when that shit becomes irrelevant and they grow up and need to figure out a real job that doesn't involve selling T-shirts and straw hats to dick riders?

This is why I'm starting a YouTube with the kids in my garage. If these fucks can do it, I will too. Blogger is in the sig, YouTube coming soon. I don't give a fuck if that's a plug. Go click that shit. Give me your money without spending any of it yourself.

Ichi-Go
02-26-2020, 08:55 AM
This is why I'm starting a YouTube with the kids in my garage. If these fucks can do it, I will too. Blogger is in the sig, YouTube coming soon. I don't give a fuck if that's a plug. Go click that shit. Give me your money without spending any of it yourself.

Youtube success is like any success, there are 100 car channels that aren't making anything for each 1 that make tons of money. It takes a lot of time to film and edit.

Honorable mentions:
Monsta Performance
lonestar lows
Bean Tech Fab
Alex Lindner

SupaDoopa
02-26-2020, 11:01 AM
That's why you have a garage with more than one person. Some film, some work, some edit, I collect. :3

[240sx]
02-26-2020, 11:58 AM
This is why I'm starting a YouTube with the kids in my garage.
So basically FGTeeV, but with cars. Hope you can rap. :snoop:

SupaDoopa
02-26-2020, 01:54 PM
If it's as easy as half of these morons on the radio, I'll be fine.

bigs
02-26-2020, 07:53 PM
I met Adam LZ not knowing anything about the whole youtube thing until after...he's a chill dude that likes drifting and he's a good driver.

I feel like half the people in here are those weirdos that hover 10 feet away from you at events and never say a word, then they get home and post about it.

bigs
02-26-2020, 07:54 PM
I met Adam LZ not knowing anything about the whole youtube thing until after...he's a chill dude that likes drifting and he's a good driver.

I feel like half the people in here are those weirdos that hover 10 feet away from you at events and never say a word, then they get home and post about it.

Except max, max is cool.

spooled240
02-26-2020, 09:07 PM
I just want to watch exhaust sound videos that aren't 18 minutes long. Why do I need to listen to you talk in circles about how excited your are to get the exhaust while you're driving 15 minutes to pick it up? And then when it's finally time to hear the exhaust they play music that sounds like distorted white noise with rhythmic squeaking and some shrunken woman singing. I should have taken a clue when the thumbnail of the video consisted of the dude pointing to his car with his hand over his mouth..I can usually tolerate about 2 minutes of this fuckery before I leave confused and angry. Get your shit together people.

SupaDoopa
02-27-2020, 06:17 AM
I just want to watch exhaust sound videos that aren't 18 minutes long. Why do I need to listen to you talk in circles about how excited your are to get the exhaust while you're driving 15 minutes to pick it up? And then when it's finally time to hear the exhaust they play music that sounds like distorted white noise with rhythmic squeaking and some shrunken woman singing. I should have taken a clue when the thumbnail of the video consisted of the dude pointing to his car with his hand over his mouth..I can usually tolerate about 2 minutes of this fuckery before I leave confused and angry. Get your shit together people.

Because 40 seconds of content doesn't allow you to bank the same as 10-20 minutes of content. There is an algorithm that they have to abide by to make specific tiers of money. While I get this, I also agree. Especially the fuck head something Miata - the Fuckdick kid - from Haggard. While the names there should be alarming, the lisp is even worse. I think I've gone to that extra step of blocking his content from my accounts.

PatPs13
02-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Videos 10+ minutes in length can have multiple advertisements. Look at most videos and they'll be 10-11 minutes for this exact reason. Adblock ftw

dizzariot
02-27-2020, 02:20 PM

Except max, max is cool.

...as opposed to...? Telling him he fucking sucks and giving him more video content?

This is so spot on it hurts. I understand the YT algorithm but I also just want to get to the fucking point...especially in videos you're watching when trying to troubleshoot.

spooled240
02-27-2020, 03:08 PM
Because 40 seconds of content doesn't allow you to bank the same as 10-20 minutes of content. There is an algorithm that they have to abide by to make specific tiers of money. While I get this, I also agree. Especially the fuck head something Miata - the Fuckdick kid - from Haggard. While the names there should be alarming, the lisp is even worse. I think I've gone to that extra step of blocking his content from my accounts.

As with most things in life, if you do something purely for money it just ends up sucking. Put the fucking thing on and then talk about it. I'd much rather listen to specs on the exhaust, fitment, loudness in db, you know-useful information and not filler. And if you decide to use a potato to record the exhaust sound you should be exiled from this country.

collegekid
02-27-2020, 04:42 PM
I am so glad I'm not the only one asking people to post up POV driving/racing videos with no music, no passengers screaming, and no talking.

I find race media on youtube very helpful at work. Long videos, just cars with in cabin footage, non stop engine noise to tune out annoying coworkers, and beautiful sounding engines.

Here's a few

Ael5Pe3NJJs

x-w8gJP-9Gc

tWC2u9dnZMM

tF0K3yqsug0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ael5Pe3NJJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-w8gJP-9Gc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWC2u9dnZMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0K3yqsug0

dorkidori_s13
02-27-2020, 06:27 PM
is this more along the lines of what you guys would want out of a "car video" in terms of a product? like actual footage and explanations about whats actually being featured instead of seeing bullshit "filler"?

XONYuVpdy8Y

im new to the whole "car vids" thing. just been trying to document product development for those interested.

dorkidori_s13
02-27-2020, 06:27 PM
is this more along the lines of what you guys would want out of a "car video" in terms of a product? like actual footage and explanations about whats actually being featured instead of seeing bullshit "filler"?

XONYuVpdy8Y

im new to the whole "car vids" thing. just been trying to document product development for those interested.

potatomonkey99
02-27-2020, 10:40 PM
I am so glad I'm not the only one asking people to post up POV driving/racing videos with no music, no passengers screaming, and no talking.

I stumbled across this recently. His whole channel is full of exactly this, not to mention he's a good driver to boot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Itn2IdWHM

collegekid
02-28-2020, 05:23 AM
I stumbled across this recently. His whole channel is full of exactly this, not to mention he's a good driver to boot

07Itn2IdWHM

I remember this one! This comment had me ROFLing once

"it's hilarious to me that you could be driving along a nice countryside, take a wrong turn, and end up merging onto a gosh darn racetrack"

SupaDoopa
02-28-2020, 06:25 AM
At least he has his soda with him. I couldn't imagine doing that thirsty.

Initial Drift
02-28-2020, 08:43 AM

XONYuVpdy8Y

I'm not sure about other people, but I would love to watch the development. My kind of car videos are more along the lines of bad obsession and more of the technical centric car channels. But for some reason people really love tj hunt and Adam lz style car vids. Even tho it's usually just them kinda working on a car (usually just a basic swap) and vloggingish style. Plus lots of money flaunting.

OBEEWON
02-28-2020, 09:40 AM
Driftworks channel is good, Papadakis too. Anyone who is just themselves and not a forced version of themselvesI can fool with, but everything gets stale after a while and I need a break. I'm not mad at anyone making loot off youtube regardless though.

SupaDoopa
02-28-2020, 10:05 AM
I don't knock the hustle but I also don't appreciate the filler content about the breakfast you had, what you're wearing, when the last time you cut your lawn was, what you got at Starbucks or how your feet feel against the cold floor when the video is about the fitment of your new hood from _____ in Japan for your _____. Like, shut the fuck up already.

collegekid
02-28-2020, 10:48 AM

I enjoyed it. I really hope you are wearing a respirator when you are actually working. I dont know if the bits in the video were just to show your face or whatever but I was coughing, sitting at my desk seeing all that fiberglass dust flying around.

A gallery of painted cars with your aero would be nice to see. I understand why your site has them in the gel coat so people can actually see the differences in designs, but some final product / "Here's what your pos could look like if you painted it" images would be icing on the cake, in my humble opinion.

Driftworks channel, Papadakis.... everything gets stale after a while and I need a break. I'm not mad at anyone...

We are all mad at you. Stop trying to sell your Lexus. Keep it. Love it. Caress the steering wheel.

dorkidori_s13
02-28-2020, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed it. I really hope you are wearing a respirator when you are actually working. I dont know if the bits in the video were just to show your face or whatever but I was coughing, sitting at my desk seeing all that fiberglass dust flying around.

A gallery of painted cars with your aero would be nice to see. I understand why your site has them in the gel coat so people can actually see the differences in designs, but some final product / "Here's what your pos could look like if you painted it" images would be icing on the cake, in my humble opinion.

unfortunately im reliant on my customers painting their cars. most folks buy my parts and never send me pics. i usually only discover painted pics months later when i accidentally stumble on their posts via FB forums or IG. and honestly, i dont have the patience or time anymore to really keep tabs on everyone either :( between my day job and getting shit done or keeping things in line with DorkiDori is basically 2 full time jobs. i prefer posting pics of my aero in all its different states. paint or in gel coat because to me it shows not everyones cars are perfect, and regular people just like you and me run my parts, not just the folks that have pristinely painted cars ;) whole reason i havent painted my hatch is because of how often i have to swap aero parts on and off my car for fitment, fixing or prototyping. dont want to screw up $3500+ in body work and paint.

and no, i wasnt wearing a respirator. usually just pulled my shirt up over my nose and mouth when things got annoying. ive also learned to hold my breath when working as well. i can usually go 2-3 minutes hold my breath without an issue when im zoned in on what im doing.

SupaDoopa
02-28-2020, 01:59 PM
2-3 minutes? 'Sup, Michael Phelps.

dorkidori_s13
02-28-2020, 05:02 PM
2-3 minutes? 'Sup, Michael Phelps.

no idea who that is...

deolio
02-28-2020, 05:26 PM
and no, i wasnt wearing a respirator.

you should. one of the neighbors at my shop, who works at a body shop, told me as soon as you smell the fiberglass dust, it's already in your lungs and that shit will be there forever. unless you smoke, then you're fucked anyway and can disregard hahaha

dorkidori_s13
02-28-2020, 06:23 PM
you should. one of the neighbors at my shop, who works at a body shop, told me as soon as you smell the fiberglass dust, it's already in your lungs and that shit will be there forever. unless you smoke, then you're fucked anyway and can disregard hahaha

eh, whatever... if i die, i fucking die. i gave this planet some cool apparel for a while and then some cool old school aero parts. also rescued a kitten (now a full grown asshole) and made some cool music, plus toured... i think ive done my part on this planet. was never interested in having kids so im not really worried about that.

the only thing i ask for is a klingon funeral when i die ;)

[240sx]
02-28-2020, 07:25 PM
The only thing i ask for is a klingon funeral when i die ;)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200229/d57c8e07878ca2678b18cd90ab2ea4c3.gif

dorkidori_s13
02-28-2020, 07:40 PM
;6373982']https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200229/d57c8e07878ca2678b18cd90ab2ea4c3.gif

meh... no fucks given. i plan on having a klingon wedding too ;)

unfortunately that involves my two best friends assaulting me with pain sticks and i get to beat the christ out of them lol

SupaDoopa
02-29-2020, 11:24 AM
Klingon wedding? That is quite literally the gayest shit I've ever heard.

Corbic
02-29-2020, 11:46 AM
Klingon wedding? That is quite literally the gayest shit I've ever heard.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200229/4e79abd8db3dab52b9ce923a6f4cef22.jpg

dorkidori_s13
02-29-2020, 08:46 PM
eh, no fucks given. you guys have your thing... i have mine.

actually, the girl im with... our wedding will most likely be super dark and spooky! which is fine by me!!! :D

spooled240
03-01-2020, 09:46 AM
We just assumed those "things" were only for the honeymoon lol

In other news I just bought an evo 9! Im gonna start a YT channel where every video starts with me taking a shit, brushing my teeth, showering, eating cereal before I talk about how excited I am about this car. Seems to be working for a lot of these cats and Im all about that hustle. Stay tuned!

SupaDoopa
03-01-2020, 10:11 AM
We just assumed those "things" were only for the honeymoon lol

In other news I just bought an evo 9! Im gonna start a YT channel where every video starts with me taking a shit, brushing my teeth, showering, eating cereal before I talk about how excited I am about this car. Seems to be working for a lot of these cats and Im all about that hustle. Stay tuned!

Being someone who’s owned six EVO’s - two which were 9’s - I hope for your sake it isn’t a MR. Or at least a MR with the five speed GSR swapped in. Those six speeds were ass.

spooled240
03-01-2020, 10:23 AM
Being someone who’s owned six EVO’s - two which were 9’s - I hope for your sake it isn’t a MR. Or at least a MR with the five speed GSR swapped in. Those six speeds were ass.It is an MR. Im aware the 6 speeds are weaker, but its stock and I plan on keeping it stock so it should be fine. I've seen guys run 450hp with them with no issues.

After all the custom BS I've done with the 240, working on a 100% factory engineered vehicle is refreshing and not really intimidating for me.

[240sx]
03-01-2020, 01:04 PM
In other news I just bought an evo 9! Im gonna start a YT channel where every video starts with me taking a shit, brushing my teeth, showering, eating cereal before I talk about how excited I am about this car.
Hellyeah! How soon can we expect the obligatory "FiVe TiNGs I h8tE Ab0ut mah Nu EvO!!"
Dont forget a stupid f'n look on your face for the thumbnail image! [emoji33]

S14rebuild
03-02-2020, 05:36 AM
Fanboi thumbnail is a must, for an circle jerk video posted...

SupaDoopa
03-02-2020, 10:41 AM
It is an MR. Im aware the 6 speeds are weaker, but its stock and I plan on keeping it stock so it should be fine. I've seen guys run 450hp with them with no issues.

After all the custom BS I've done with the 240, working on a 100% factory engineered vehicle is refreshing and not really intimidating for me.

No one buys one and says they're going to leave it as is. You're on this forum. You have the itch. You'll get bored fast - especially because the stock suspension is ass by now, the transmission probably has JBWeld holding it together and chances are you didn't check the front and rear subframes for rust yet. This means you'll be tinkering. No one tinkers to stay OEM.

spooled240
03-02-2020, 11:55 AM
;6374109']Hellyeah! How soon can we expect the obligatory "FiVe TiNGs I h8tE Ab0ut mah Nu EvO!!"
Dont forget a stupid f'n look on your face for the thumbnail image! [emoji33]

I'm still working on the 40 second dubstep intro for my channel. Gonna be lit.

No one buys one and says they're going to leave it as is. You're on this forum. You have the itch. You'll get bored fast - especially because the stock suspension is ass by now, the transmission probably has JBWeld holding it together and chances are you didn't check the front and rear subframes for rust yet. This means you'll be tinkering. No one tinkers to stay OEM.

I live in CA so we are pretty limited on what we can do under the hood here. It's just going to be maintenance and replacing worn parts for this one. I feel like Dizzariot now, "sTocK iz LyFe!!" lol

OBEEWON
03-02-2020, 01:22 PM
We are all mad at you. Stop trying to sell your Lexus. Keep it. Love it. Caress the steering wheel.

I need to sell it to afford my Klingon wedding.

SupaDoopa
03-02-2020, 01:25 PM
Stock is fucking gay - especially in those cars. Every fuck head with out of state plates will chuck a rev and blast past you. Evo's offer zero driver experience when stock. I miss mine but I'm also in a non-communist state. Meth injected PT6266 running on ethanol.

dorkidori_s13
03-02-2020, 01:48 PM
I need to sell it to afford my Klingon wedding.

ill bring the blood wine! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

dizzariot
03-02-2020, 03:54 PM
I feel like Dizzariot now, "sTocK iz LyFe!!" lol

STAY OFF MY FUCKING LAWN!

I mean, it goes both ways. Something about chasing horsepower and cock size, and something about being a refined gentleman that restores cars.

Does suspension and wheels not count? Come on. I once bought some anodized dress-up bolts as well.

No I didn't.

Stock is fucking gay...

Stick to plugging your YT, capitalist P I G.

spooled240
03-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Stock is fucking gay - especially in those cars. Every fuck head with out of state plates will chuck a rev and blast past you. Evo's offer zero driver experience when stock. I miss mine but I'm also in a non-communist state. Meth injected PT6266 running on ethanol.

We are looking at possibly moving out of state so maybe someday, but for now I'm enjoying not smelling exhaust fumes and dealing with tickets/smog difficulties

dizzariot
03-02-2020, 04:45 PM
We are looking at possibly moving out of state so maybe someday, but for now I'm enjoying not smelling exhaust fumes and dealing with tickets/smog difficulties

...oh so it's okay when YOU don't modify your shit. I c u, m8.

At the end of the day, at least I'm not writing this shit for SH and trying to get you to believe it's interesting.

"CUBE has designed this knob with extra mass – 153.5gm total weight – to help increase the inertia at the top of the pivot. This added to the equation helps makes shifting all the more seamless when compared to the 81.6gm stock ER34 shift knob."

http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/03/project-rough-shifting-with-confidence/

spooled240
03-02-2020, 07:21 PM
Lol minor, tasteful and OEM+ modifications are acceptable. I drive like an old man now so 300hp is plenty

BryanSayWhat
03-02-2020, 08:20 PM
The whole "you can't have fun in a stock Evo/ STI" thing is becoming really cliche these days...

SupaDoopa
03-03-2020, 06:35 AM
Lol minor, tasteful and OEM+ modifications are acceptable. I drive like an old man now so 300hp is plenty

Well good news. They don't even make that at the crank. You'll be lucky to be over 230 after all that drivetrain loss. Boiiiiiiiiiiiiii, enjoy.

I wasn't kidding about checking the subframes. They're known for rotting off. Ask me how I know that [then revert to one of the earlier statements where I have vast experience with them including an EVO 1 on it's way].

OBEEWON
03-03-2020, 07:30 AM
The older I get the more I appreciate mostly stock cars. I put so many mufflers and resonators on my SC it's like Prius quiet. But I don't have migraines after drift days anymore.

jedi03
03-03-2020, 08:26 AM
agreed on the quiet...also back support and softer suspension...got coils just so I could go softer than oem on my sti lol...buddy moved over to prius' (pri'ii?) and he loves it...I am looking at tesla's but don't like the idea of being so disconnected from the driving experience...

collegekid
03-03-2020, 10:10 AM
Can you guys help me choose a ride on lawnmower?
Also, I feel like I am striking my irons incorrectly, please advise.
Viagra or Cialis?

OBEEWON
03-03-2020, 10:57 AM
12 year old me would punch me in the grundel for being so old.
Nothing worse than trying to get out of a slammed car after leg day though.
Saw an old man laughing at me rolling out of my car onto the ground at Wawa.

SupaDoopa
03-03-2020, 11:08 AM
Pruis/Tesla are logical. If you're looking for logical, practical and comfortable while having driving experience, break your fucking finger, sit on a hospital bed and play simulators with actuators. You can't get everything you want, turd.

[240sx]
03-03-2020, 12:42 PM
Viagra or Cialis?
If you can't get it up, you don't deserve it.

SupaDoopa
03-03-2020, 01:49 PM
I knew this one dude that fucked other dudes that he had some ED problems. All he did was stuff some grapefruit in his ass and he was harder than a two day old chicken nugget.

dizzariot
03-03-2020, 03:43 PM
I'm not one to preach for a community I have no ties to, but there's a ton of homophobic vibes coming out of one corner of this thread.

Bro, stick to yelling at yourself in the mirror. Stop burning out the chill spot.

deolio
03-03-2020, 11:03 PM
one corner of this thread

only one now that the other dickhead has been pinked :keke:

i like having a quiet d car. puts my mind at ease when i can hear shit falling off my car before i feel it :2f2f:

Initial Drift
03-04-2020, 01:46 AM
Im not a fan of bolt on or self tapped wide body, stupid low stance, 3% tire contact, fart can/straight pipe exhaust.
Though I would also say that moving to a newer more readily available engine isnt bad. So I cant really say where that puts me.

But having a nice reliable (at least semi reliable) daily that is comfortable to drive for long times in shitty traffic is a must in socal. If Tesla's weren't so expensive a d I had a nice place to charge mine at home and work. I would definitely consider them.

I'm kind of stoked about the potential of electronic conversions as well. Seems like it could be lots of fun.

deolio
03-04-2020, 02:47 AM
I'm kind of stoked about the potential of electronic conversions as well. Seems like it could be lots of fun.

i think about this a lot. i have a couple friends who work for various ev companies and are always posting ev swap kits and builds and whatnot. seems pretty cool and fun enough. definitely the way of the future, but i’m just scared there won’t be the same raw thrill of being strapped to something with thousands of controlled explosions going on inside it... although high amperage is pretty scary too i suppose... maybe i’d be willing to trade turbo noises for the sound of a tesla coil arcing one day.

Farzam
03-04-2020, 03:19 AM
As with most things in life, if you do something purely for money it just ends up sucking. Put the fucking thing on and then talk about it. I'd much rather listen to specs on the exhaust, fitment, loudness in db, you know-useful information and not filler. And if you decide to use a potato to record the exhaust sound you should be exiled from this country.

I've always wanted to make YouTube videos about cool stuff I do because I feel like that is the equivalent of VHS home videos nowadays, lol. But then I feel like people would think I'm trying to be some YT hype beast. Normally others opinions don't sway me but the thought of people perceived as a wannabe TJ Hunt makes me cringe. I do make some videos occasionally with no dialogue but I keep them private and share links with friends.

I'll have to nerd out on some of these, maybe make one lol

I like it, stoked to see the progression in your craft!

The whole "you can't have fun in a stock Evo/ STI" thing is becoming really cliche these days...

Having owned a few STi, they get really boring fast. Factory 300 crank HP AWD cars get lethargic fast.

12 year old me would punch me in the grundel for being so old.
Nothing worse than trying to get out of a slammed car after leg day though.
Saw an old man laughing at me rolling out of my car onto the ground at Wawa.

12 year old me would be so confused by my current car tastes. Some things don't change but I'm a lot more diverse about what I appreciate now.

Years of skateboarding are catching up to me whenever I get out of the s14. Caged low cars are not fun anymore. That being said, someone offered me a pretty spicy e46 m3 and a wad of cash for my kouki. I would really hate myself for selling it, but I could sell the m3 and have 2 wads of money and then get my life in order. I'm turning 30 this summer and I wanna have more to show for it than a stupid ass s-chassis lol

[240sx]
03-04-2020, 09:15 AM
I've always wanted to make YouTube videos about cool stuff I do...// ...But then I feel like people would think I'm trying to be some YT hype beast. Normally others opinions don't sway me but the thought of people perceived as a wannabe TJ Hunt makes me cringe.

Nah, that try hard/ hype beast vibe only comes across as soon as the "likes, comments, or subscriptions" begging starts. :rl:

That, and try to keep the selfie style content to a minimum. :2c:

Initial Drift
03-04-2020, 09:20 AM
;6374434']Nah, that try hard/ hype beast vibe only comes across as soon as the "likes, comments, or subscriptions" begging starts. :rl:

That, and try to keep the selfie style content to a minimum. :2c:

You cant forget the click bait titles, the 😱 emoji, and the constant merch plugs as well. Also the "if I get (random number of likes) I will do (insert action)" stuff.

spooled240
03-04-2020, 09:35 AM
I've always wanted to make YouTube videos about cool stuff I do because I feel like that is the equivalent of VHS home videos nowadays, lol. But then I feel like people would think I'm trying to be some YT hype beast. Normally others opinions don't sway me but the thought of people perceived as a wannabe TJ Hunt makes me cringe. I do make some videos occasionally with no dialogue but I keep them private and share links with friends.

I wouldn't let that deter you from doing something. Just come out with genuine and original content that people would want to watch and not something that Google would want to make money on.

I've been watching the YT channel "Gears and Gasoline" and they seem pretty good. Quality content with quality equipment and just enough talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OA3xCD5dMk&list=PLJHFVyibXsc948L1SvcabuoeM6PA2T4jB&index=3

They even play classical music in this coilover install video.. wtf? lol I love it

SupaDoopa
03-04-2020, 11:37 AM
I'm not one to preach for a community I have no ties to, but there's a ton of homophobic vibes coming out of one corner of this thread.

Bro, stick to yelling at yourself in the mirror. Stop burning out the chill spot.

That makes no fucking sense. Stop trying to insert yourself in what you think is a clever fashion to try to remain relevant. Yell at myself in the mirror? Honestly.

only one now that the other dickhead has been pinked :keke:

i like having a quiet d car. puts my mind at ease when i can hear shit falling off my car before i feel it :2f2f:

As long as it doesn't sound like a straight pipe'd Z, I am usually pretty tolerant.

You cant forget the click bait titles, the 😱 emoji, and the constant merch plugs as well. Also the "if I get (random number of likes) I will do (insert action)" stuff.

Nothing is worse than the shitty emoji's and "I MADE A BIG MISTAKE" titles and shit. I wish if they got enough likes, they'd drink a gallon of bleach.

I wouldn't let that deter you from doing something. Just come out with genuine and original content that people would want to watch and not something that Google would want to make money on.

I've been watching the YT channel "Gears and Gasoline" and they seem pretty good. Quality content with quality equipment and just enough talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OA3xCD5dMk&list=PLJHFVyibXsc948L1SvcabuoeM6PA2T4jB&index=3

They even play classical music in this coilover install video.. wtf? lol I love it

The problem is gay shit works. Decent content or something interesting is tough to sell because it has no drama.

[240sx]
03-04-2020, 12:00 PM
Seen a few video from there (including that one), seems cool.
Last channel/show I really watched on youtube for entertainment was ROADKILL, til they left. Now it's p.much just car reviews from Savagegeese.

BryanSayWhat
03-04-2020, 03:29 PM
Having owned a few STi, they get really boring fast. Factory 300 crank HP AWD cars get lethargic fast. I think it depends on what you're trying to do with the car...

If you want a daily that can blast some narrow winding roads in your free time a stock Evo/ STI is more than capable of that. Now if you expect a vehicle that will roast all four tires in 2nd/ 3rd and can run a 10sec 1/4 mile that's a different story.

I mean there's people out there that get bored of brand new 200hp+ liter bikes and would call older liter bikes "lethargic"...

dizzariot
03-04-2020, 04:27 PM
That makes no fucking sense. Stop trying to insert yourself in what you think is a clever fashion to try to remain relevant. Yell at myself in the mirror? Honestly.

The joke here is that when you go out of your way to be homophobic it's usually because you're closeted. Come on man, keep up.

If that seems terribly clever (like using the term 'terribly) then I want to take you on a date. You seem easy to impress.

Also:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/273/942/c29.jpg

I think it depends on what you're trying to do with the car...

If you want a daily that can blast some narrow winding roads in your free time a stock Evo/ STI is more than capable of that. Now if you expect a vehicle that will roast all four tires in 2nd/ 3rd and can run a 10sec 1/4 mile that's a different story.

I mean there's people out there that get bored of brand new 200hp+ liter bikes and would call older liter bikes "lethargic"...

Man you can't argue with these people...and that's totally fine. I have a close friend with an R32 here and he's only concerned with horsepower. He doesn't drive like an asshole or try to throw revs and race everyone, he just likes the pursuit of that power figure.

SupaDoopa
03-04-2020, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure how screaming in a mirror is synonymous with being a closet homosexual. Your dad must've really hurt you.

dizzariot
03-04-2020, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure how screaming in a mirror is synonymous with being a closet homosexual. Your dad must've really hurt you.

...the joke here is that most closeted dudes self-loathe in private and lash out in public. It's a common cliche in movies and TV shows.

Stick to Amy Schumer's fart jokes. Might be more of a hoot for you.

dorkidori_s13
03-04-2020, 08:59 PM
is zilvia running piss slow for anyone else?

[240sx]
03-04-2020, 09:12 PM
is zilvia running piss slow for anyone else?Tapatalk's not TOO bad. Web version is f'n slow as ass, and constantly throwing that stupid forbidden 403 error.

dorkidori_s13
03-04-2020, 09:27 PM
yeah, i still live behind a PC and Zilvia has been unforgivingly horrible lately :(

mechanicalmoron
03-04-2020, 09:34 PM
Pruis/Tesla are logical. If you're looking for logical, practical and comfortable while having driving experience, break your fucking finger, sit on a hospital bed and play simulators with actuators. You can't get everything you want, turd.
You should try smoking pot some time.

New cars are built of simulators and actuators.

There's nothing logical about a prius or tesla, one's an overpriced not-so-nice hypocritical virtue signal that pisses people off, one's an expensive gimmicky cyberpunk fantasy.

Logical is a 96 chevy pickup, but you probably wouldn't like that, it's also comfortable and fun and practical and capable and cheap and simple, and you can't have everything you want...

jedi03
03-05-2020, 08:24 AM
you can and should have all you want! isn't that he American dream?????

TollieLifted
03-05-2020, 08:43 AM
yeah, i still live behind a PC and Zilvia has been unforgivingly horrible lately :(

Same. Suuuper slow lately.

SupaDoopa
03-05-2020, 10:25 AM
You should try smoking pot some time.

New cars are built of simulators and actuators.

There's nothing logical about a prius or tesla, one's an overpriced not-so-nice hypocritical virtue signal that pisses people off, one's an expensive gimmicky cyberpunk fantasy.

Logical is a 96 chevy pickup, but you probably wouldn't like that, it's also comfortable and fun and practical and capable and cheap and simple, and you can't have everything you want...

I have a Bronco II to put around in. Absolutely fucking terrible on gas but fuck do I love that thing.

jedi03
03-06-2020, 09:22 AM
kills me that people want to feel disconnected from driving...already see to many accidents or near accidents from the same people lol

gbaby2089
03-06-2020, 07:18 PM
kills me that people want to feel disconnected from driving...already see to many accidents or near accidents from the same people lol

The solution is not more engaging cars. The solution is less people driving.

tuzzio
03-07-2020, 08:03 AM
Hey, i'm still grumpy.

SupaDoopa
03-09-2020, 06:29 AM
You're also a shitty bassist and I hate you.

Just kidding. I love you, boo. How was the show?

tuzzio
03-09-2020, 08:03 AM
You're also a shitty bassist and I hate you.

Just kidding. I love you, boo. How was the show?

Hasn't happened yet. 21st. Still a shitty bassist, non-practicing. haha

SupaDoopa
03-09-2020, 08:28 AM
Still a bitch but I still miss you so. Keep on not practicing. That's generally how you get better.

dizzariot
03-28-2020, 09:09 PM
I bought another Need For Speed game. Going 'lockdown' crazy and wanted to attempt to customize some cars for fun. Still can't get the cars low, still can't go low unless you widebody whatever you're using, car leveling system means jack shit...but hey, I paid for it. You win, SpeedHunters/EA.

...why the fuck is the Kyza so e-famous? Dude I can't understand it. I know we all have to be mentally younger than we physically are to like the style of cars we like, but shit man anyone 30yrs+ that thinks the Kyza's shit is cool should not have a vehicle.

jedi03
03-30-2020, 07:49 AM
i am mad that forza 5 doesnt let me buy cars anymore...im still not finished with all my races yet!!!!

spooled240
03-30-2020, 09:32 AM
being quarantined hasn't been too bad as I've been able to stay busy with the cars.

Been watching the channel, "JDM Masters" on YT. Extremely in-depth reviews and historical information presented in a very organic way.

Compare their review of the Evo V here with 97k views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQdNDDaVZs0

To this pile of shit with 784k views:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIpt5R_Na58&t=388s

SupaDoopa
03-31-2020, 06:12 AM
That's because TJ Hunt is a fucking f-word.

BryanSayWhat
03-31-2020, 06:47 AM
i am mad that forza 5 doesnt let me buy cars anymore...im still not finished with all my races yet!!!!I refuse to buy another Gran Turismo, or Forza Motorsports until they include some sort of narrow mountain course.

I'd even compromise with the Gunsai Touge for GT and Forza bringing back Fujimi Kaido...

spitfiredc7
03-31-2020, 01:24 PM
That's because TJ Hunt is a fucking *SNIP*

Quoting for truth.:snoop:

KA24DESOneThree
03-31-2020, 06:02 PM

I would love to hear the logical explanation for the argument that neither the Prius nor Tesla are logical.

It'll be ill.

dorkidori_s13
03-31-2020, 11:32 PM
I HATE EQing FOR MASTERING SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Still stuck on getting my 3rd album out! so many things most of you wouldnt notice, but all the dumb little things that haunt me in my sleep!

talk all the shit you want, but when it comes down to it... even with my aero parts, im am the most anal sonofabitch on this planet!

Initial Drift
04-02-2020, 11:52 PM
Man, started seeing "he who shall not be named" posting on FB for sale threads more actively. Gotta love seeing "ultra rare" on every item that's listed...... And all the people that go crazy the the shit.

brndck
04-03-2020, 09:08 AM
Man, started seeing "he who shall not be named" posting on FB for sale threads more actively. Gotta love seeing "ultra rare" on every item that's listed...... And all the people that go crazy the the shit.
lol mr "I have baller $800 wheel spacers" hubeny? yeah hes on backshelf now. time to put him on blast again.

Initial Drift
04-03-2020, 08:05 PM
The man should always be on blast so people don't forget his douchery.

spooled240
04-03-2020, 08:12 PM
"YAJ gEmZ"

merlz
04-05-2020, 04:34 PM
"YAJ gEmZ"

LMAO oh god. Me and my mates were saying the exact same shit.
Waiting for Dizza to join Backshelf.

dizzariot
04-07-2020, 05:17 PM
...what the fuck is Backshelf. This is about the 5th time I've heard of it.

deolio
04-07-2020, 06:44 PM
a place for nismo hoarders to show off their nismo parts and offer over priced nismo things for sale sometimes.

dizzariot
04-08-2020, 05:58 PM
a place for nismo hoarders to show off their nismo parts and offer over priced nismo things for sale sometimes.

This is hilariously accurate. They removed my first post. Might try to sell wheels there then find some brain bleach.

deolio
04-08-2020, 09:30 PM
This is hilariously accurate. They removed my first post. Might try to sell wheels there then find some brain bleach.

i sure hope they?re nismo!

spooled240
04-09-2020, 12:57 PM
So are any of you old asswipes getting anything done to your equally-old relics in quarantine?

They removed my first post.

Try increasing the price and include the word RARE in the title and as many times as you want in the description in all caps.

Malik
04-09-2020, 01:26 PM
Hey BRECKKLES...

Anyone need any help or lookin to chop it up!

im not struggling for validation, but Im here to be a friend!

lmk

Malik
04-09-2020, 01:26 PM
Hey BRECKLES...

Anyone need any help or looking to chop it up!

I'm not struggling for validation, but I'm here to be a friend!

lmk

SupaDoopa
04-09-2020, 02:09 PM
What's the link for it so I can troll there and make sure I got pink'd like I do here as if it's even stinging or meaningful.

dorkidori_s13
04-09-2020, 02:10 PM
So are any of you old asswipes getting anything done to your equally-old relics in quarantine?

getting my S13 aligned soon since everythings back together and i have to daily it until i fix whatevers wrong with the transmission in my stupid Protege5!

dizzariot
04-09-2020, 05:20 PM
i sure hope they?re nismo!

...actually lol.

I mean everyone there seems like a hypebeast, but I have a decent assortment of 17X9+22 hypebeast wheels.

I feel like a sellout.

Try increasing the price and include the word RARE in the title and as many times as you want in the description in all caps.

I got my paperwork signed for my 3rd car waiver, but still have a ways to go before I can dig into the red car. I'm finally taking the two-tone home this weekend to replace a window motor.

...also:

YOU AIN'T NEVA LIED.

dizzariot
04-09-2020, 05:23 PM
Hey BRECKKLES...

Anyone need any help or lookin to chop it up!

im not struggling for validation, but Im here to be a friend!

lmk

I know nothing about NY geographically, but did you hear about that Ben Chen guy smashing his Porsche downtown?

What's the link for it so I can troll there and make sure I got pink'd like I do here as if it's even stinging or meaningful.

Facebook search 'Backshelf.' and prepare for cringe.

Malik
04-10-2020, 01:16 AM
double post... proceed to next one.

Malik
04-10-2020, 01:19 AM
Ben Chen!?

that could be a protest... there's money missing from the design teams...

i'll look into it...

yea that's not far from me: (just saw the video) but i was in that part of the city last week... i think he did that a couple days later...

sigh... its funny tho

SupaDoopa
04-10-2020, 07:52 AM
Oh Lord. It's on Facebook of all places? This should be interesting. I bet I could think of three people off the cuff that probably moderate that shitty group. Prepare for trolling of epic proportions for about 15 minutes before I am banned indefinitely.

dizzariot
04-11-2020, 04:07 AM
Oh Lord. It's on Facebook of all places? This should be interesting. I bet I could think of three people off the cuff that probably moderate that shitty group. Prepare for trolling of epic proportions for about 15 minutes before I am banned indefinitely.

Please hurry before I?m banned.

SupaDoopa
04-13-2020, 02:16 PM
My comments are deleted minutes after they're posted. Damn.

SupaDoopa
04-13-2020, 02:25 PM
I guess I'll be more subtle with it and see what happens.

https://i.ibb.co/y4yLW3y/123.png

DJDANGER24
04-14-2020, 12:43 PM

Sold the KA-T that was keeping me busy while the RB was being built. Ripped out all the old wiring, fuse boxes, unnecessary OEM crap in the engine bay to prep it for the new PDM wiring, tubs and motor fitment. I'm still "essential" but all the extra time I have after work and on weekends is really helping.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49773700303_6e9c76a7ba_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iQke1B)IMG_2734 (https://flic.kr/p/2iQke1B) by Jaime Vargas (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49773700168_44330b69ba_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iQkdYh)IMG_2796 (https://flic.kr/p/2iQkdYh) by Jaime Vargas (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

Also threw on the Vertex Ridge kit to make up my mind on the color I want.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49774229266_f0bb856cc7_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iQnWfE)IMG_2830 (https://flic.kr/p/2iQnWfE) by Jaime Vargas (https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/), on Flickr

KA24DESOneThree
04-15-2020, 09:45 AM

I'll spend some time this weekend checking for more mouse nests and I might pull the drivetrain.

If I'm not going to be staying KA, why do I still have the engine and trans? I just have to remember to put that money into the S-chassis fund and not the overlanding, e30, or E36 fund.

spooled240
04-15-2020, 10:44 AM
Is everyone ditching their KA(-T)'s for inline 6's now?! I feel peer pressure.

deolio
04-15-2020, 11:45 AM

ew, no. :barfkiss:

Ichi-Go
04-15-2020, 03:25 PM
I'll spend some time this weekend checking for more mouse nests and I might pull the drivetrain.

If I'm not going to be staying KA, why do I still have the engine and trans? I just have to remember to put that money into the S-chassis fund and not the overlanding, e30, or E36 fund.

The trick is to spend it and have the parts just sitting around.

Standard
04-16-2020, 01:53 AM
So I keep buying parts for my car, they just sit in a pile and I can't find the motivation/time to get to work on my pos. I work on cars every day professionally and I do enjoy it, but it seems I neglect my own vehicles at times. My car will be so cool when it's done, it's just making it happen that I need to focus on. I've owned the car for 12 years, it was the exact opposite scenario when I was younger, all the time and motivation, but no money lol

Any input on how some in the same situation manage to get shit done? I come on here and look at builds and what not and think "fuck, I need to do that shit" haha I'm more than capable with anything mechanical/fabrication related and I still love the s-chassis to death, just can't seem to want to go work on my damn car.

Am I a fool? Do I suck at life? Or is this a common 30's phase that will pass. Discuss...

Krusty_s13
04-16-2020, 05:33 AM
So I keep buying parts for my car, they just sit in a pile and I can't find the motivation/time to get to work on my pos. I work on cars every day professionally and I do enjoy it, but it seems I neglect my own vehicles at times. My car will be so cool when it's done, it's just making it happen that I need to focus on. I've owned the car for 12 years, it was the exact opposite scenario when I was younger, all the time and motivation, but no money lol

Any input on how some in the same situation manage to get shit done? I come on here and look at builds and what not and think "fuck, I need to do that shit" haha I'm more than capable with anything mechanical/fabrication related and I still love the s-chassis to death, just can't seem to want to go work on my damn car.

Am I a fool? Do I suck at life? Or is this a common 30's phase that will pass. Discuss...

eh. I lose motivation from time to time as well, but because I don't work on cars professionally, I try to use my time working on them as my escape from the norm. But, the neglect on my daily driver is REAL.

Cars suck. Carry on.

Bluejayde
04-16-2020, 09:59 AM
I guess I'll be more subtle with it and see what happens.

https://i.ibb.co/y4yLW3y/123.png

We need more of this kind of quality trolling in this thread. Unleash the hounds!

Bluejayde
04-16-2020, 10:01 AM

The hard part is getting started. pick a small piece that you can complete easily, next thing you know you're building metal fender flares...

Corbic
04-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Ya'll lock down, get back to wrenching

spooled240
04-16-2020, 10:59 AM

Grab a beer, play some jams and have fun with it. The moment you start seeing your build as work it sucks.

deolio
04-16-2020, 12:36 PM
i usually have to set a deadline to get anything done. registering for some big event lights a fire under my ass pretty good.

Standard
04-17-2020, 12:27 AM
Word, good shit guys, make wrenching fun again 2020 lol

KA24DESOneThree
04-17-2020, 12:42 PM

I'm ditching mine for an all-aluminum V8 typically used by Brits backed by a transmission typically used by Kentuckians.

The only straight six I'd consider is a Red Rose.

Ichi-Go
04-18-2020, 08:28 AM
I'm ditching mine for an all-aluminum V8 typically used by Brits backed by a transmission typically used by Kentuckians.

The only straight six I'd consider is a Red Rose.

BMW V8 and gforce dogbox?

KA24DESOneThree
04-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Nah, Rover/TVR hybrid V8 with dry sump coupled to a mag-case H-pattern 4-speed.

Light and simple. I'll just gear the trans for all the tracks I might visit.

Honestly, I'm losing faith that I'll ever be a track rat again. There are so many builds I want to do that by the time I'm back onto my coupe, I'll be in my sixties.

DJDANGER24
04-19-2020, 10:21 AM

I originally had an RB25 in there, started building that years ago and got bored so I put together a KA-T to keep me going in the meantime. RB is built and almost ready to go in so I sold the KA-T to fund some last bits for the RB. Stay KA-T and have fun with the car! :rawk:

DJDANGER24
04-19-2020, 10:22 AM
The hard part is getting started. pick a small piece that you can complete easily, next thing you know you're building metal fender flares...

What he said. Start some small, easy tasks and work your way through the pile.

merlz
04-19-2020, 05:13 PM
We need more of this kind of quality trolling in this thread. Unleash the hounds!

Yeah, that fb group went to shit real quick.
If i see one more fucking unicorn emoji because something is ultra rare I'm gonna fucking lose it.

dizzariot
04-19-2020, 07:43 PM
Yeah, that fb group went to shit real quick.
If i see one more fucking unicorn emoji because something is ultra rare I'm gonna fucking lose it.

Dude I sold ONE item there. It really IS NOT a place to sell. They just want to circle jerk over their newest purchases.

Why are people like this, and why did enough people put up with this shit so it could proliferate?

"Oh just mind your own business it's not a big deal."

I never understood that mindset. If you're into something and it's more than a phase, take ownership. That doesn't mean being a cunt to everyone, it means maintain a standard.

Also, fucking car weebs.

dorkidori_s13
04-19-2020, 07:57 PM
just a heads up "old grumpy assholes'... go change your password RIGHT NOW! my account was hacked and someone posted some "Bride Seats" under my account. so do yourselves a favor, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!

SupaDoopa
04-20-2020, 06:26 AM
It's funny because I'm lowkey trolling everyone on there and no one notices yet.

What boggles my mind are these fucking idiots that are buying shit on YAJ! with no information on them, receiving them after paying way too much then asking if it's rare or a piece of shit. Just because there is no information doesn't make it valuable. Shit, these days I've even said fuck paying Ganador price and just bought the GKTech jumpoffs.

Corbic
04-20-2020, 10:50 AM
It's funny because I'm lowkey trolling everyone on there and no one notices yet.

What boggles my mind are these fucking idiots that are buying shit on YAJ! with no information on them, receiving them after paying way too much then asking if it's rare or a piece of shit. Just because there is no information doesn't make it valuable. Shit, these days I've even said fuck paying Ganador price and just bought the GKTech jumpoffs.Yeah but seriously,

Should I RB20, SR20 or CA18 swap my Zenki?

Rb20 is like a Skyline engine and stuff and the CA18 is going to have better Ballance for drifting but like everyone wants an SR lolz

Corbic
04-20-2020, 10:52 AM
Fuck, I remember these used to be $800 engines sets. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200420/48dcc598db84d39a7ac0bc4a5b2998d0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200420/a25a77a6b557c8bc261b81c9652fe247.jpg

Get a whole Silvia clip for $2500 with a CA18.

dorkidori_s13
04-20-2020, 12:25 PM
them motors are getting expensive in Japan land... SR motor sets in decent shape are selling for like $1700-$2000 right now.

dont even try to buy a 180sx zenki bumper. those are going for $600 EASY anymore.

dorkidori_s13
04-20-2020, 12:25 PM
them motors are getting expensive in Japan land... SR motor sets in decent shape are selling for like $1700-$2000 right now.

dont even try to buy a 180sx zenki bumper. those are going for $600 EASY anymore.

ADIDASilvias
04-20-2020, 12:46 PM
So I keep buying parts for my car, they just sit in a pile and I can't find the motivation/time to get to work on my pos.

**SNIP**

I'm right there with ya buddy. I have 3 big tubs in the basement right now that contain approximately $15k worth of parts. Already put about $7k worth of parts on the car. I have completed the suspension (coilovers and adjustable arms), exhaust, headlights, subframe bushings, Z32 brakes, exhaust, 5-lug swap, and various other bits, and i have the RB25 Neo about half torn down.

I decided to attack a few other hobbies as I was getting burnt out on the car. Here we are about 2 years later, and I'm getting interested in the Zenki again. I do not work on cars for a living, and everything tends to take about 3 times longer than it should, but I want to make sure it is right the first time, so I don't rush things.

I'm starting up again here soon. The good thing is I really don't have much left to purchase. Only a few things left to make decisions on, but the major purchases are mostly done already. The biggest one left is the decision on body kit, and I may go Navan just for cleanliness and ease of installation. Plus, it looks good. I'm not getting crazy with overfenders and widebody kits. I want to keep it reasonably low key with as much retention of metal body parts as possible.

merlz
04-21-2020, 12:27 AM

What boggles my mind are these fucking idiots that are buying shit on YAJ! with no information on them, receiving them after paying way too much then asking if it's rare or a piece of shit. Just because there is no information doesn't make it valuable. Shit, these days I've even said fuck paying Ganador price and just bought the GKTech jumpoffs.

Oh mate, don't fucking start me.
"I bought this heap of shit horn button with x brand on it i've never heard of... Do i have something rare?"

Meanwhile the Japanese are laughing their asses off selling all their fucking junk for top dollar.

mechanicalmoron
04-21-2020, 11:50 AM
When I got my 240, everyone was bitching about how they want to destroy parts hand over fist and magically keep getting them utterly free.

Nearly a decade later, everyone is still bitching that they trashed all the cars, engines, parts, and for some reason everyone won't just send them whatever they want, at the cheapest price it was ever available.

It's a fucking antique auto, not an 09 hyundai, if you ruin the shit it's ruined, and the remaining shit is more expensive. It's not them, it's you, they didn't ruin it, they still have it, it's just you. You had one, you had ten, now you don't, so you get to buy it at the owner's price.

The sooner all the prices go as high as possible, the better for the long-term availability and preservation (and yes, affordability down the line).

Corbic
04-21-2020, 01:00 PM
Oh mate, don't fucking start me.

"I bought this heap of shit horn button with x brand on it i've never heard of... Do i have something rare?"

Meanwhile the Japanese are laughing their asses off selling all their fucking junk for top dollar.Imagine in another 20 years...

Bruh,

NIB NRG Steering Wheel, $500 Firm
Used ISIS Control Arms, little Rust $1,500 OBO
KSport Coils, Need Rebuild $1,000 Firm
APC Boost Gauge, $400

Corbic
04-21-2020, 01:14 PM

dont even try to buy a 180sx zenki bumper. those are going for $600 EASY anymore.Yup, glad I'm out. Really lost motivation when I realized the scrap yards had run dry of 1985-1995 Japanese cars up here.

Now a funny thing, guys on the Mustang Forum have a thread of "wish I still had/bought" talking about all the tuner parts or OEM stuff they should have bought for their 79-04 Mustangs.

Autometer Lunar Gauges. Damn the 90's was cool.

KA24DESOneThree
04-21-2020, 01:41 PM
On the drive in this morning, I was thinking that by the time I've done another build or two and am ready for another S-chassis, I'm not going to be able to afford to buy the base car easily.

I'm not going to even begin to be able to afford all the parts I've picked out of the old-ass JDM mags I still have. I'll have GT-R money in a LHD Silvia clone.

dorkidori_s13
04-21-2020, 02:17 PM
I'm not going to even begin to be able to afford all the parts I've picked out of the old-ass JDM mags I still have. I'll have GT-R money in a LHD Silvia clone.

and this is why i buy the majority of my parts (new and used) straight from Japan. A LOT of the classic stuff can still be found in good working order and for relatively cheap because it seems most people want the latest and greatest.

and if youre looking for old school aero, ill always be here to provide that! i still have tons more parts to release for the S13 and S14... gotta keep that old school awesomeness alive :D

SupaDoopa
04-21-2020, 03:29 PM
This is why I don't buy into the hype. Modern day performance/technology > old logo NISMO cigarette lighter insert.

The shit some of you fucking buy is asinine.

Corbic
04-21-2020, 05:32 PM
This is why I don't buy into the hype. Modern day performance/technology > old logo NISMO cigarette lighter insert.

The shit some of you fucking buy is asinine.That's also why you don't have dudes dick riding your Instagram bruh.

spooled240
04-21-2020, 05:45 PM
It's hard to keep them away when you finally decide to let go of that old logo Nismo butt plug shift knob, which we all know is "lightly used"

KA24DESOneThree
04-21-2020, 05:51 PM

I make a living feeding people's nostalgia for vintage cars. My purpose is tactile, to provide people a living representation of their memories- and to hopefully make it better than they remember.

The JDM stuff, though, I did experience vicariously through the other dudes in San Diego and through Zilvia. I was always pulling parts out and replacing them with lighter options, if not getting rid of them entirely. I always wanted to build something that I saw in magazines (and parked in front of the Super Autobacs in Tokyo back in '06). I got sidetracked, didn't buy a street car, and have regretted it for years now.

Modern performance is great for an appliance. My Bison is modern and, with the exception of when I get an empty stretch of dirty road or an open wash, boring and competent. It exists for dump runs, Home Depot trips, towing, and overlanding. It is not "me."

I want fun cars that make me feel something. I don't want complete competence or soft-touch plastics everywhere or something that I haven't at least partially disassembled to make better. I want something that brings a smile to my face because it was a challenge to build and a challenge to maintain and each time I drive it, I'll have to work a little.

Most of what I'd use for the build would have to be sourced BNIB/NOS from Japan.

mechanicalmoron
04-21-2020, 09:48 PM

https://1.cdn.autotraderspecialty.com/1961-Porsche-356-import-classics--Car-101040232-a4232f081273a7664cb1759ee214a8ef.jpg?w=735&h=551&r=pad&c=%23f5f5f5]

Worthless, boring, slow, old tech. Just stick a doorman cigarette lighter in it, it's technologically superior. The corollas in the background are far more advanced, they must be the cherries here.

(Still, of course, don't put a fake killswitch on your lighter, what if someone trying to save your ass wasen't familiar with poser lighters?)

Tearlessj
04-22-2020, 04:32 AM
Got tired of the nuked photobucket DIY threads, So I decided to take pictures on how to remove a S13 fender for my future build thread lol. This virus got me bored af.

Corbic
04-22-2020, 08:00 AM
https://1.cdn.autotraderspecialty.com/1961-Porsche-356-import-classics--Car-101040232-a4232f081273a7664cb1759ee214a8ef.jpg?w=735&h=551&r=pad&c=%23f5f5f5]

Worthless, boring, slow, old tech. Just stick a doorman cigarette lighter in it, it's technologically superior. The corollas in the background are far more advanced, they must be the cherries here.

(Still, of course, don't put a fake killswitch on your lighter, what if someone trying to save your ass wasen't familiar with poser lighters?)That's a 356, and it is a worthless turd of a car.

Oh wait, it's a rare old Porsche that people pay ludicrous money for... So yeah, it's worth whatever I can flip it for so I can buy an actual car.

RalliartRsX
04-22-2020, 08:08 AM
Fuck, I remember these used to be $800 engines sets.
"insert shitty RB20 engine image from EBay"
"INsert shitty CA18 engine image from EBay"
"insert shitty RB20 engine image from EBay"

Get a whole Silvia clip for $2500 with a CA18.

Every single one of those pieces of shit paperweights are just that.....worth less than the lint in my pocket....

Buying shit off ebay = fucked up pricing for really shitty items lol

Yeah, those days are long gone. Racewars seem to always be a week away.....

deolio
04-22-2020, 01:25 PM
i had to do it

https://i.imgur.com/wcdPfRj.png

i love clayton and like 90% of the people in there who get it and make decent posts, but it seems like the 10% who just want to brag that are making 90% of the posts.

spooled240
04-22-2020, 02:39 PM
Up until recently, the JZ's have been a great bargain. In '15 2jz vvti was 1600 and 1jz vvti was 1200. Now they are about double.

Nissan engines are and have been insanely priced.

Corbic
04-22-2020, 03:01 PM
Up until recently, the JZ's have been a great bargain. In '15 2jz vvti was 1600 and 1jz vvti was 1200. Now they are about double.

Nissan engines are and have been insanely priced.Yup, transmission have also become stupidly overpriced.

R154 was once $500, RB25 Trans $500, CD009 $750....

Now just dudes want $2-3k for an R154. Fuck that, just buy a new Magnum T56 for $3k

mechanicalmoron
04-22-2020, 04:29 PM
That's a 356, and it is a worthless turd of a car.

Oh wait, it's a rare old Porsche that people pay ludicrous money for... So yeah, it's worth whatever I can flip it for so I can buy an actual car.

The gravity in your butt when you push the go button isn't the only metric for judging cars.

You seeing no value in that is exactly my point. I'm sure when they stopped being accessible for nearly free (like the 500 dollar s13 from the old lady situation) people threw all sorts of whiny shit-fits, in-deed, they still do - myself included - but the fact remains, it IS worth that.

It's wishful thinking to complain about prices based on how "good" old cars are based on modern acceleration or hotlaps or whatever. Why does it bother you so much that people charge for old worthless crap, why would you want old worthless crap?

Supply, demand.

dizzariot
04-22-2020, 06:51 PM
The gravity in your butt when you push the go button isn't the only metric for judging cars.

You seeing no value in that is exactly my point. I'm sure when they stopped being accessible for nearly free (like the 500 dollar s13 from the old lady situation) people threw all sorts of whiny shit-fits, in-deed, they still do - myself included - but the fact remains, it IS worth that.

It's wishful thinking to complain about prices based on how "good" old cars are based on modern acceleration or hotlaps or whatever. Why does it bother you so much that people charge for old worthless crap, why would you want old worthless crap?

Supply, demand.

I agree with all of this, but I'm starting to feel differently.

I see the money I have spread out in cars and parts, and I know EXACTLY what level of 'nice car' I could buy if I just pulled the plug and had ONE car.

...but then that 'other' part of my brain tries to wax poetic about these 20yr-old+ Nissan cars. I used to be a staunch supporter of everyone saving their ZN6 money for when S15s become legal. I sort of still am, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that modern car creature comforts are starting to work their way up on my priorities lists. I can see the 'other side' clearer now.

When Corbic whips his Mustang-tatooed peepee out, however, I revert back to my old ways.

I also don't think it's 'supply and demand' with cars. Just parts. I think it's the nostalgia thing that keeps prices up on these cars.

Corbic
04-22-2020, 09:28 PM
Internet Killed the Sport Compact Scene.

#FuckZuck

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_G0C9EFaKV/?igshid=19z17sum4obcd

mechanicalmoron
04-22-2020, 10:04 PM
I agree with all of this, but I'm starting to feel differently.

I see the money I have spread out in cars and parts, and I know EXACTLY what level of 'nice car' I could buy if I just pulled the plug and had ONE car.

...but then that 'other' part of my brain tries to wax poetic about these 20yr-old+ Nissan cars. I used to be a staunch supporter of everyone saving their ZN6 money for when S15s become legal. I sort of still am, but I'd be lying if I didn't say that modern car creature comforts are starting to work their way up on my priorities lists. I can see the 'other side' clearer now.

When Corbic whips his Mustang-tatooed peepee out, however, I revert back to my old ways.

I also don't think it's 'supply and demand' with cars. Just parts. I think it's the nostalgia thing that keeps prices up on these cars.

Haa well, I'm not saying love is rational, or has good outcomes. If I had more effective schemes, I'd have many fewer, much nicer cars.

He's right about raptors.