PDA

View Full Version : Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

dizzariot
10-24-2018, 09:23 PM
Nothing but good things from prime. Those guys put so much effort into the younger generation coming into cars & genuinely care about the “scene”. Out here in nyc there really isnt much community of a quality caliber & these guys make it happend. For people who have been around this for 10+ years. They have really helped me out & had open arms. Idk what leads you to believe they dont actually care.

It's all in the details. The way the articles are written, the spelling errors when it comes to parts/names, and the way certain things are referred to. You either see it or you don't and that's cool. I might be the only one that sees it and that's also cool.

You can totally have your own opinion. Just know that it's totally irrelevant to me and there's a reason why I try to limit my interactions with you.

this hits it right on the head, and because of that you lose almost anything that would've been considered a subculture. people want streetwear (namely supreme) because everyone has it now, not because nobody has it. same can be said with drifting, its all about how fast they can blow up on the gram. its not just us feeling the affects of this.

This is part of the reason why I take ownership of the community so seriously. To each, his own. I enjoy talking about it here, though.

Jo_Galezo
10-24-2018, 09:27 PM
there's a reason why I try to limit my interactions with you.

-_______- wow & i see where you’re coming from with the rest of what you’re saying but coming from someone who knows them personally. They have nothing but genuine love for the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fliprayzin240sx
10-24-2018, 09:49 PM
socal used to lead the way . middle america is where it's at lately

Do people even still drive up to GMR?

da_crew10
10-24-2018, 10:00 PM
Oh yeah it's getting good again. Someone please get mad!

dizzariot
10-24-2018, 10:24 PM
oh yeah it's getting good again. Someone please get mad!

oh you back now huh.

Tearlessj
10-25-2018, 11:21 AM
Trying to build a S13 again for the 5th time. Nice parts are a lot harder to come by these days for sure.

MrMigs
10-25-2018, 11:32 AM

Nahh I think the great oil spill of 2001 took out the whole next generation of runners hahahaha jk jk :D

People did for a while, but I don't know anymore (at least as far as late-nights go). I haven't gone up in a very long time... having a job that starts in the morning makes it very hard. Back then, my day usually started at like 11a for work or school, so driving until 3am was much easier.

If people still go, I'd venture a guess that it's mostly early morning crew before the motorcycles come out.

The problem with late nights for a while was that... people would go there in the early evening and ruin the spot (being super loud, double laning, disrespecting the normal drivers / campers, etc.) So basically, by the time the late night crew would get there, the cops had already been called and are patrolling. Then boom, tickets tickets tickets.

dorkidori_s13
10-25-2018, 11:54 AM
Trying to build a S13 again for the 5th time. Nice parts are a lot harder to come by these days for sure.

well if you need aero bits... lemme know sir :)

ClearCornerSuxAss2
10-25-2018, 02:16 PM
snip: DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MEMBERS! ONLY WARNING!

afishysilvia
10-25-2018, 02:49 PM
snip: DO NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MEMBERS! ONLY WARNING!

Or nopho4u on IG...

fliprayzin240sx
10-25-2018, 07:46 PM
Nahh I think the great oil spill of 2001 took out the whole next generation of runners hahahaha jk jk :D

People did for a while, but I don't know anymore (at least as far as late-nights go). I haven't gone up in a very long time... having a job that starts in the morning makes it very hard. Back then, my day usually started at like 11a for work or school, so driving until 3am was much easier.

If people still go, I'd venture a guess that it's mostly early morning crew before the motorcycles come out.

The problem with late nights for a while was that... people would go there in the early evening and ruin the spot (being super loud, double laning, disrespecting the normal drivers / campers, etc.) So basically, by the time the late night crew would get there, the cops had already been called and are patrolling. Then boom, tickets tickets tickets.

LoL, I forgot about that oil incident already. How else can you make an 8 mile canyon run more interesting than slicking oil on the road all the way down to the bottom of the hill?!?! I cant remember the last time I've been back to socal, must have been 2009.

MrMigs
10-25-2018, 11:52 PM
sounds about right hahah
2009 feels like so long ago...

oh yea.. it was... lol

SAKURA
11-20-2018, 05:11 PM
I haven't logged in here in years. Hi everyone

artsy
11-20-2018, 05:46 PM

I can confirm people people still go up there on a weekly basis lol , living next to the street when they come down I always here exhaust , and when I come back home like 12am I always see little groups at the gas station filling up either coming back or going .

crzsteveo
11-22-2018, 12:21 PM
Do any of you older heads associate yourselves with the younger crowds? Im 25 and right in the middle and starting to not associate with younger lads unless they are making quality smart decisions about their cars and life.

merlz
11-22-2018, 04:59 PM
Anyone else hate those Vertex Wheels?

MrMigs
11-24-2018, 02:58 AM
the steering wheels? cus ya...

dizzariot
11-24-2018, 03:39 AM
Do any of you older heads associate yourselves with the younger crowds? Im 25 and right in the middle and starting to not associate with younger lads unless they are making quality smart decisions about their cars and life.

...this is perfect for the old grumpy assholes thread.

The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages.

I don't associate with many car guys around that age. In my opinion they are usually quick to 'complete' a car because newcomers now have easier access to avenues for parts that were once less-known. They also know who to mimic because they see the lasting impression the 'old heads' have left on this community. It's a recipe that's easy for clout chasers to follow. When the clout runs out, however, they simply hop platforms. I can probably search a few FS threads on here from young guys that built cars and then sold them before they ever really spent time with it. It's the thrill of the hunt and when the hunt is over they want to hunt something else.

Young car 'enthusiasts' are (to me) mostly not genuinely into cars, let alone this platform. There's some degree of interest but the buzz from social media is what they're really enthusiastic about. I don't actively categorize who I interact with according to age because, in all honesty, I think between Zilvia and IG there are only 4 people that I consider to be genuinely in love with these shitty cars and that's spanning a wide range of age groups.

Anyone else hate those Vertex Wheels?

I've never liked SoCal stars on my steering wheels...but hey I got a limited edition collabo Vertex X StanceNation wheel. Bought it new for $350 last night but it was a limited release so you can have it for the astonishingly low price of $800. Act now. Shit's hotter than the new 'Preme drop boiiiiiii.

tuzzio
11-24-2018, 06:54 AM
I don't actually like 240's. They're pieces of shit. ba'humbug.

KAT-PWR
11-24-2018, 01:10 PM
I miss being dedicated to my 240 and Zilvia. Anyone else put theirs on hold for life goals? I've really been buckling down and not doing anything with my 240 for almost a year trying to get into a Doctor of Physical Therapy program. It's kind of depressing at times. Stopped by my parents to do a 9hr round trip turn and burn to pick up stuff from my recently passed grandfathers house, saw my 240 just sitting, its filthy. I need to clean it and cover it.

afishysilvia
11-24-2018, 02:23 PM
Man garage or married life....lol that’s a tough call. That garage is pretty nice though

crzsteveo
11-25-2018, 11:01 PM
...this is perfect for the old grumpy assholes thread.

The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages.

I don't associate with many car guys around that age. In my opinion they are usually quick to 'complete' a car because newcomers now have easier access to avenues for parts that were once less-known. They also know who to mimic because they see the lasting impression the 'old heads' have left on this community. It's a recipe that's easy for clout chasers to follow. When the clout runs out, however, they simply hop platforms. I can probably search a few FS threads on here from young guys that built cars and then sold them before they ever really spent time with it. It's the thrill of the hunt and when the hunt is over they want to hunt something else.

Young car 'enthusiasts' are (to me) mostly not genuinely into cars, let alone this platform. There's some degree of interest but the buzz from social media is what they're really enthusiastic about. I don't actively categorize who I interact with according to age because, in all honesty, I think between Zilvia and IG there are only 4 people that I consider to be genuinely in love with these shitty cars and that's spanning a wide range of age groups.

Good points. What really bothers me is how fast people, kids, millennials, etc move on from a project. Like how are these younger cucks owning like 5 or more cars and just continually "building/buying" parts just to turn around and sell it for less. Social media is a real killer on everything that has to do with life in general, kills relationships, hobbies whole nine. Ive always wondered what the car community would be like if there was no social media.

Like it would be nice to find a solid group of guys that genuinely have a passion for these shitty Japanese cars. Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.

gbaby2089
11-26-2018, 06:30 AM
Good points. What really bothers me is how fast people, kids, millennials, etc move on from a project. Like how are these younger cucks owning like 5 or more cars and just continually "building/buying" parts just to turn around and sell it for less. Social media is a real killer on everything that has to do with life in general, kills relationships, hobbies whole nine. Ive always wondered what the car community would be like if there was no social media.

Like it would be nice to find a solid group of guys that genuinely have a passion for these shitty Japanese cars. Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.

nopenopenope

tuzzio
11-26-2018, 08:11 AM
"Millennials" "Cucks"

JFC you're stupid.

I'm 26. I own the car I've wanted since childhood. I've been modifying it with quality parts. I'll not sell it.

If you're on zilvia you're most likely a millennial.
If you're buying Weds Cerberus in 17x11 -20, you're definitely a dork who read too much stancenation/hellaflush/canibeat/social media.

Now go learn some insults other than white nationalist bs.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c32f5649c3fd971207c73f0952aca336/tenor.png

I'll never understand why people feel offended certain things that they so openly feel doesn't apply to them.

BryanSayWhat
11-26-2018, 11:14 AM
I'll never understand why people feel offended certain things that they so openly feel doesn't apply to them.

Lemon lames compulsively feel the need to project their lemonade.

If they don't they might disintegrate from all of the sour/ salty internal build up.

RalliartRsX
11-26-2018, 11:28 AM
"Millennials" "Cucks"

JFC you're stupid.

I'm 26. I own the car I've wanted since childhood. I've been modifying it with quality parts. I'll not sell it.

If you're on zilvia you're most likely a millennial.
If you're buying Weds Cerberus in 17x11 -20, you're definitely a dork who read too much stancenation/hellaflush/canibeat/social media.

Now go learn some insults other than white nationalist bs.

To be fair, he is somewhat right. You can be both; a millennial who doesn't believe in hard parking. He kinda of just lumped it all in one statement and I also agree with a vast majority of it (I too am young enough to be considered a millennial but wasn't offended as I am self aware enough to know I do not fall into that category).

It's all about Gram likes which happens to mostly reside among millenials so yeah, he isn't wrong...

gbaby2089
11-26-2018, 12:34 PM
To be fair, he is somewhat right. You can be both; a millennial who doesn't believe in hard parking. He kinda of just lumped it all in one statement and I also agree with a vast majority of it (I too am young enough to be considered a millennial but wasn't offended as I am self aware enough to know I do not fall into that category).

It's all about Gram likes which happens to mostly reside among millenials so yeah, he isn't wrong...

Hard parking is fine. Those dudes with the sweet 2001 spec show cars & 24234234234 TV's in the trunk? RAD.

I'm saying the dude with 17x11 -20 Weds Cerberus 100% bought those for the clout & is trying to claim some sort of maturity when he's just like every other dork saying ME TOO ME TOO when they see a guy get some level of internet 'fame.'

RalliartRsX
11-26-2018, 12:43 PM
Hard parking is fine. Those dudes with the sweet 2001 spec show cars & 24234234234 TV's in the trunk? RAD.

I'm saying the dude with 17x11 -20 Weds Cerberus 100% bought those for the clout & is trying to claim some sort of maturity when he's just like every other dork saying ME TOO ME TOO when they see a guy get some level of internet 'fame.'

So you agree with crzsteveo then :). As you stated, the ME TOO ME TOO! crowd is a defining characteristic of the millennial. Actually, that is a defining characteristic of the baby boomer generation as well (which crzsteveo did state "people" in the general sense of the term).

So yeah, you both inadvertently agreed :)

P.S don't be so quick to the gun. No need to take off years off your life because ZILVIA rage!! :D

KoukiMonsta
11-26-2018, 01:38 PM
now this is a thread I can get behind.

Old, yes
Grumpy, hell yes
Asshole, often

Carry on.

gbaby2089
11-26-2018, 02:04 PM
So you agree with crzsteveo then :). As you stated, the ME TOO ME TOO! crowd is a defining characteristic of the millennial. Actually, that is a defining characteristic of the baby boomer generation as well (which crzsteveo did state "people" in the general sense of the term).

So yeah, you both inadvertently agreed :)

P.S don't be so quick to the gun. No need to take off years off your life because ZILVIA rage!! :D

The thing is, I don't care if people do silly things that they like.

I'm saying crzsteveo IS exactly what he is raging against.

RalliartRsX
11-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Probably. But that is his right if he wants to do something in that vein.

Also, stop moving the goal posts. He was responding to dizz in regards to "The data would suggest there is a strong correlation between shit cars, indecisiveness, and lower ages."

He is not wrong in is assertion. We have all been young and made stupid choices. It just so happens that those choices are now associated with blaring it all over social media.

You two basically agree on this very topic. You just went about stating this in different ways :)

Oh Yeah........GTFO off my well manicured, grass flavored vape, flat brim plant hedge lawn!!!!

dizzariot
11-26-2018, 02:47 PM

Jesus Christ. Have you ever had an emotion you've felt for a while put into words by someone else? Because this is it.

"BoUgHt tHe cAr FoR tHe WhEeLs, nOt WhEeLs 4 mA cARRRrrR!'

I think a good metaphor would be something along the lines of: they're trying to say they know legit martial arts when they've taken one self-defense class at the community center in their town.

gbaby2089
11-26-2018, 03:04 PM
We have all been young and made stupid choices.

That's my beef. For as long as there have been people with hobbies, we've been dumb about them in our teens/early twenties.

But yes, I see your point as well :)

Jesus Christ. Have you ever had an emotion you've felt for a while put into words by someone else? Because this is it.

My brother.

"BoUgHt tHe cAr FoR tHe WhEeLs, nOt WhEeLs 4 mA cARRRrrR!'

I think a good metaphor would be something along the lines of: they're trying to say they know legit martial arts when they've taken one self-defense class at the community center in their town.

Don't climb in the ring with Ali because you think you can box.

:keke:

deolio
11-26-2018, 06:44 PM
Don't climb in the ring with Ali because you think you can box.

i could beat the shit out of a corpse, but instead let's beat the shit out of this dead horse :)

MrMigs
12-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Of course I associate with younger crowds. You got to pass down the things we've learned. It's like passing the torch or whatever. You don't pass things down and people tend to create some ugly ass shit with poor ideals and flimsy character. I think it's as much our duty as older people to teach as it is for young people to learn.

Farzam
12-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Of course I associate with younger crowds. You got to pass down the things we've learned. It's like passing the torch or whatever. You don't pass things down and people tend to create some ugly ass shit with poor ideals and flimsy character. I think it's as much our duty as older people to teach as it is for young people to learn.

Sup, Farzam here, i'm 28. The older cats on zilvia definitely helped me refine my taste and drive myself to further my automotive knowledge. I was forced to do an AMA thread where I would have to answer random people's technical questions, which was actually super helpful because I learned a ton through it. I think it's very important to lead by example. The most important thing to remember is that every younger kid is a shithead who can't listen, and 98% of us were the same way with our parents and elders.

Through various turns of events I have become a parts vendor and I always try to educate my prospective customers whenever they have questions/whenever they wanna listen. Obviously I sell some lower budget stuff to garner entry level clients and because politics, but I won't sell anything I wouldn't use myself under the same pretenses. I'm fb friends with a lot of these scene kids and sometimes I can help them redirect their build to a cleaner, more authentic aesthetic rather than trying to fit the biggest lips/wing and failing miserably. Other times they just wanna kill the instagame and it is what it is.

A lot of the people who do cringey shit just want attention and will get out of the car scene in a few years anyways when they knock some ig model up or affirm puts them into claims for nonpayment. Let's just hope they don't ruin too many cool cars before then. You can't save everybody.

dizzariot
12-07-2018, 09:36 PM
1.) The most important thing to remember is that every younger kid is a shithead who can't listen, and 98% of us were the same way with our parents and elders.

2.) I'm fb friends with a lot of these scene kids and sometimes I can help them redirect their build to a cleaner, more authentic aesthetic rather than trying to fit the biggest lips/wing and failing miserably. Other times they just wanna kill the instagame and it is what it is.

3.) Let's just hope they don't ruin too many cool cars before then. You can't save everybody.

1.) I don't think it was ever like that for me. When I came to this forum with pictures of my first S13, I posted in the wrong spot and got the usual response. I didn't argue, I didn't call anyone an asshole, I made a joke and moved on. I just think it's how people are raised: if you want to become a member of a community you take your lumps (in stride) and try to be a good person...not a self-righteous cunt who wants to post shit in all the wrong sections because 'rules are antiquated' or whatever. I'm 29 and work with a ton of young people in the military. The vast majority are entitled little shits. It might be a generation thing. I get it, people my age are still considered millennials but I'd argue that this shit start with people my younger brother's age (currently 23).

2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.

In a lot of ways it's not so much them, but the people in their comments that get to me.

3.) I feel like this has already happened.

Some more food for thought:

- People selling S15 shit in the marketplace are either stupid as fuck or trying to rip people off. It seems like the term 'S15' is always accompanied by 'SpecR' and any moron can tell you that the fucking cars are all the same besides the motor. So a steering wheel is a steering wheel, not a SpecR steering wheel. For fuck's sake.

- StanceNation dudebro's car. Is anyone else sick of seeing it or is it just me? When you're connected in the car industry is it really that astounding to see a clean car on Work wheels when you have connects at Work?

- Dickriding on IG stories. Fuck dude all I see in IG stories are other people's cars nowadays. We've moved from slanging our own cocks to slanging everyone else's'.

- ...parts/wheel/car prices. It's always a razor's edge thing with me: feel like I owe someone the service of telling them shit is marked drastically up or keep my mouth shut and hope to profit when I need to make some extra cash fast.

dizzariot
12-07-2018, 09:38 PM
On the subject of clean kouki S13s popping up: I'm torn. I'm super happy that people are saving cars but at the same time the response to this occurrence is so overly 'dickrider-esque' that it's cringe-worthy. It shouldn't be a national holiday when someone does the 'right' thing by not fucking up a car.

I'm sorry guys I'm feeling like I'm 29 going on 56 today or some shit. Fuck.

EDIT:

turboshoebox was the start of this thread. In a lot of ways I feel like his level of scrutiny is unwarranted but a lot of people (myself included) have the right mix of flexibility and scrutiny. No one has to care because this is the internet but by the same token no one has to respond to this or be a forum member either, right? At the end of the day we're all just words on a screen to each other.

Can we change the thread title to "Dear Diary, It's Me: A Grumpy Asshole"?

MiamiGrinch240
12-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Was scanning thread titles & this one called my name. Thanks for 10 pages of pure gold. I remember the day Nitekids signed up to Zilvia, still making friends I see. Ok, back to shaking our grumpy old man fists & yelling “Get off my lawn!”

jay70
12-08-2018, 04:02 AM
The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle.

This guy is the worst. If the thing ever makes it off jackstands I give it 3 drives til it's for sale to move on to a new overly drawn out 'build'

gbaby2089
12-08-2018, 11:55 AM
I have no idea what hatch y'all are talking about.

But I'm in for it.

I think the kouki stuff is lame because EVERYONE does the exact same combo of TE37 or AVS and just leaves it there.

I don't have an S-chassis but the community around my car (S2000) is similar and it just kills me. As soon as one person likes something, boom everyone has it.

dizzariot
12-08-2018, 05:55 PM
I remember the day Nitekids signed up to Zilvia, still making friends I see. Ok, back to shaking our grumpy old man fists & yelling “Get off my lawn!”

I don't understand. What does this mean?

This guy is the worst. If the thing ever makes it off jackstands I give it 3 drives til it's for sale to move on to a new overly drawn out 'build'

Yeah man. You can't hate the work because it's all quality parts but I took a screenshot of his bio page (just to send to an IG friend) and you can literally see multiple shots of the car at the same angle. There's even a soapbox post about how it's 'not all about parts, but execution' and I'm over here like...when is this car gonna be 'executed' and on the ground?

Again, car is clean and if/when it's done it will be super nice but what is the dude hoping to achieve? E-fame before the car is done? Cart before the horse? Why is he trying to seem so deep? Why can't dudes just post pics of their cars without the sadboi mumble rap lyrics in the caption or a fucking motivational speeches?

I have no idea what hatch y'all are talking about.

But I'm in for it.

I think the kouki stuff is lame because EVERYONE does the exact same combo of TE37 or AVS and just leaves it there.

I don't have an S-chassis but the community around my car (S2000) is similar and it just kills me. As soon as one person likes something, boom everyone has it.

Yeah it's hard to figure out where to sit on this one. I'm happy these cars look so nice but seeing them all over my feed, shared by multiple outlets is just insane to me.

I'm not hating on someone getting attention. I'm hating on the fact that, should I decide to not follow this person for spamming the same God damn pictures over and over again, I'm still inundated with seeing this shit in IG stories or on the search page when I browse. The knob-slobbing is on a new level.

Misery loves company, so it's nice to hear we have the common ground when it comes to community issues lol.

smink
12-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Just picked up a Kouki S14 and came to zilvia to browse for some parts.
Got sidetracked by this thread. Worth it.
I like it here.
To hell with instagram builds.
Kids these days.

SimpleS14
12-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Nitekids is that you? Been in any police chases recently?

I haven't seen that screen name in years. I wonder what happened to him after that whole incident with CHP.

Like i don't see myself getting rid of my 240 anytime, i've had it almost 10 years and i don't think any young lad with any price tag could get me to sell it.

You never know, anything can happen months or years from now.

MiamiGrinch240
12-08-2018, 08:02 PM
Nitekids, give us the update on what happened after the police chase. I think that was the last time I remember seeing you on the forum. Should have never ran in the first place. Once they have your plate, it doesn’t matter if you get away, they know where you live.

DomChan
12-08-2018, 08:02 PM
I love you Dario haha. Although I am partially guilty of some things you mentioned, I am slowly getting out of this whole Instagram thing. Maybe I am becoming an old grumpy asshole.

smink
12-09-2018, 04:05 AM
2.) I've gotten super savvy with unfollowing people that have cool cars but just seem...hollow to me. The kid with the white hatch that's always on jackstands is always posting the same picture at the same angle. Some Florida dudes put bronze TEs on a hatch and it's like the second coming of Jesus. Other kids call people out for being hypebeasts and then go through 3-4 DIFFERENT cars (S14, S14, and now the new hotness: JZs) in a year with the same AVS wheels on each different car. Where's the love? You're telling me these dudes posting this pictures with veritable PARAGRAPHS worth of hasthtags really just love their cars? Really? I don't think anyone would do this shit if they just loved their cars.

Fully agree with this and know exactly said person you’re referring to by this statement alone. I turely think a lot of this garbage is a younger generation thing. I blame Instagram and Facebook for this nonsense. And it’s sad because Facebook is where most parts locates is now. I can’t stand it.

And the kids on Facebook who are literally a 5min google search away from the answer they seek on these s-chassis related groups. If you want to have some fun tell those kids to stop being lazy and search. Then all the crybabies come out of the woodwork with all their butthurt. That’s a good time.

I remember buying my first S13 15yrs ago when forums were young and fun. And you didn’t dare ask a question that had already been covered. Or the virginity of SR swaps and you had to read magazines to get your info. Back when generic parts really didn’t exist. These little young lazy shits and scene kids really grind my gears. End old man rant.

RalliartRsX
12-09-2018, 05:45 AM
PS SEMA is now a show of what everyone has come to hate about the car industry.....

There I said it

Juucso
12-09-2018, 07:18 AM
1.) I don't think it was ever like that for me. When I came to this forum with pictures of my first S13, I posted in the wrong spot and got the usual response. I didn't argue, I didn't call anyone an asshole, I made a joke and moved on. I just think it's how people are raised: if you want to become a member of a community you take your lumps (in stride) and try to be a good person...not a self-righteous cunt who wants to post shit in all the wrong sections because 'rules are antiquated' or whatever. I'm 29 and work with a ton of young people in the military. The vast majority are entitled little shits. It might be a generation thing. I get it, people my age are still considered millennials but I'd argue that this shit start with people my younger brother's age (currently 23).

In a lot of ways it's not so much them, but the people in their comments that get to me.

- People selling S15 shit in the marketplace are either stupid as fuck or trying to rip people off. It seems like the term 'S15' is always accompanied by 'SpecR' and any moron can tell you that the fucking cars are all the same besides the motor. So a steering wheel is a steering wheel, not a SpecR steering wheel. For fuck's sake.

- StanceNation dudebro's car. Is anyone else sick of seeing it or is it just me? When you're connected in the car industry is it really that astounding to see a clean car on Work wheels when you have connects at Work?

- Dickriding on IG stories. Fuck dude all I see in IG stories are other people's cars nowadays. We've moved from slanging our own cocks to slanging everyone else's'.

- ...parts/wheel/car prices. It's always a razor's edge thing with me: feel like I owe someone the service of telling them shit is marked drastically up or keep my mouth shut and hope to profit when I need to make some extra cash fast.

There's some really good text here.

1. I remember when I posted my pos here for the first time with the black/yellow Equips. Shit hit the fan immediately. Did I care? Nah, I kept is a joke, because the car looked like a monster truck.

2. I'm almost that guy. My car has taken way too long to build, but still I post updates to instagram and here to see what people thank and if they'd have cool ideas to share with me. It's my first car that I'm building, I am not the most talented guy to make a car and this forum, instagram, facebook etc.. there has been people who have told me things how to do shit, where to get something that might help me. I love this community sometimes and sometimes I hate it.

"Dickriding on IG stories"
Sometimes I see dudes who do this daily or weekly. I don't know if it's "dickriding" for shoutouts or just humble action. I do it sometimes, but only if I really think that the guy who owns the car is nice and the car is what I like to see. This dude called "swager" with his C33 must be one of those dudes for me. :) I've talked to him few times now and small things like this matter to me, I feel like I'm somehow welcomed and people usually are nice to me.

Usually what I call "doing it wrong" is the attitude some young fellas have when they come up with their cars/project. They're not humble, they just start yelling at you trough the fucking internet calling you a fat, gay, ugly hater with no life. Bitch please, if I don't like your car and gave you constructive criticism, you need to take a good look at the mirror why people don't like you.

tuzzio
12-09-2018, 09:53 AM
I never had instagram. Guess im grumpier and likely younger than most of you. Lets fuck and fight.

crzsteveo
12-10-2018, 12:49 AM
You never know, anything can happen months or years from now.

HI George!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!! holy OG?!

dizzariot
12-10-2018, 02:45 AM
I love you Dario haha. Although I am partially guilty of some things you mentioned, I am slowly getting out of this whole Instagram thing. Maybe I am becoming an old grumpy asshole.

I don't know which aforementioned things you're guilty of...but don't worry because becoming an OGA is great. Not really, but maybe? No it kind of sucks but it's fun sometimes.

1.) ...the kids on Facebook who are literally a 5min google search away from the answer they seek on these s-chassis related groups. If you want to have some fun tell those kids to stop being lazy and search. Then all the crybabies come out of the woodwork with all their butthurt. That’s a good time.

2.) I remember buying my first S13 15yrs ago when forums were young and fun. And you didn’t dare ask a question that had already been covered.

1.) Yeah man. It's like telling them to do the footwork is a fucking sin punishable by being banned on a forum/Facebook page. Even if you try to be a 'nice' asshole they just drop the "iN tHe TiMe U tOOk 2 RoAsT mE, U CouLDa JuSs AnSwEReD"

That's true, but it doesn't negate the fact that you're fucking lazy.

2.) Dude yes. Even recently I've gotten super lazy with my cars. I still don't come here to post questions when I feel like a lazy piece of shit.

PS SEMA is now a show of what everyone has come to hate about the car industry.....

There I said it

...so is TAS. SpeedHunters does a decent job of making everyone think it's 'all about passion' and 'love of the craft' but it's mostly shitty trends just like SEMA.

Juucso being positive, even when pointing out negative aspects of this community.

Juucso I wish I could be as positive as you...but then my car would probably belong on the cover of Need For Speed.

:2f2f:

dizzariot
12-10-2018, 02:46 AM
I never had instagram. Guess im grumpier and likely younger than most of you. Lets fuck and fight.

I hope we can't ever tell when we're doing one or the other.

drift freaq
12-10-2018, 04:50 AM
Your kouki was so good. It’s no surprise that your cars since have been just as clean.
Honestly, based on the “turboshoebox” name, I was really hoping you’d have some sort of crazy turbocharged shoebox Ford somewhere among the fleet. Lol

Ah lol that would be me, lol and I’d be damned if I did not say the little fucker is a beast. Never thought I would fall for a Hot Hatch but my FiST is not to be messed with, lol.

No S13 in the fold right now. If I found the right clean one I might buy it, big if there.

Do plan on dumping the M3 in favor of getting back into S30’s a long overdue desire.

Now get the fuck off my lawn and build a clean car dammit!

Farzam
12-15-2018, 04:26 PM

1. Sounds like you were the 2%, Kudos. I tried to listen to adults within reason but I certainly didn't listen to all of them. Plenty of adults are morons, too. I really don't think it's a generational thing but more prevalent in the hormonal and curious youth. Entitlement is like racism, you usually get it from your relatives.

2. I kinda bounce around with cars but i'm also a car salesman by profession, so it's a little different for me. I meet a lot of people who always want a sick build but find some arbitrary obstacle and just sell the car for someone else to neglect it further. It's really ironic when it's a 240 kid talking about messed up frame rails when they're gonna get another 240 and ruin the frame rails anyways. Just run the shit. There are also some people who just want to try out a bunch of different platforms and find the one right for them. I can respect that.

3. Tru

Elvis s13 is chill. I think you just don't like anything hyped because other people like it lol. I don't see what Work has to do with it, they ask for the make/model for any set ordered to verify they'd fit. So it's not like he gets some special spec treatment.

Dickriding on IG is crazy. I barely post anymore besides sales promotions and memes on my story. I lost almost 3k followers when I sold my s2000 lol

Parts prices are funny to me. Nismo mounts went up so much from when I got my first set. But it's supply and demand. Imported wheel prices went down and now they're picking up. Cerb 1/2 in JP used to go for pennies and even those went up double, so they go for nickels now lol.

Speaking about cerbs, I find it funny you're complaining about people running cool/kinda rare wheels when there are people out there running ugly ass cerberus*, painting their VSKF faces white, and people running XXR still. I mean, neither of us are right or wrong, it's all opinion based...

*I ran a set for a month while waiting on a set of Rotiforms to come in

Farzam
12-15-2018, 04:43 PM
my grumpy rant

People can't keep their word for shit anymore. I lost $400 the other day when I had to replace some parts on a used suspension setup I sold, but I already accepted the money and gave my word i'd send the parts out. My word is worth way more than $400, so risking my reputation for that amount would be pointless. The parts weren't even mine, they were off my mom's fucking car. But I kept my word.

I've had soooooooooo many people flake on me in the past few months because someone "randomly" came by and offered em a little more for the part before I could get there, or i'd be on the way and/or make plans to go buy a car and some bullshit would come up. If you give your word, fucking stick to it. Otherwise it isn't worth shit, just like you. Don't say things you don't mean. It's a very simple premise.

I had my friend's dickhead roomie come at night to buy a bolt in roll cage out of a car, didn't even have the shit listed for sale yet, had the car 24hrs. I had a date with a hot big titty goth chick I blew off for him. We rip out my sparco seats, unbolt the cage, and we couldn't get one of the arms loose. barely really did shit to get it out besides bang on it. I go grab a torch and the fucker throws in the towel and says he's over it and going home. He puts the roll cage down and bounces with all the tools. Doesn't even offer help to put the cage back in or at least help me bolt in 1 of the damn seats so I can move the fucking car. I didn't say a word about it. Whatever, cool. I'll remember that dude.

Oh yeah, he offered me $500 (HIS offer) and then tried to give me $400 when he arrived with his friends. Then his boys tried to jump into the negotiation. Wanna piss off a brown guy? Bring 3 dudes to negotiate 1 fucking deal. I honestly would have done $400 if he didn't put a bad taste in my mouth off gate. Plus, I turned down pussy. I need that $100 for an escort later, dickhead.

Long story short, he's cool I guess but I wouldn't even sell him a bottle of piss after that transaction. I forgive but don't forget.

Standard
12-15-2018, 11:20 PM
^LOL good times, man I hear you tho, people talking out of their ass, I mean there's nothing wrong with saying hey it's not gonna work out, thanks for your time. It's the people who dick you around and waste your time. Have some balls, tell the truth and keep your word or don't say anything!!

smellslikecurry
12-17-2018, 01:43 PM
my grumpy rant

People can't keep their word for shit anymore.

How much for a bottle of piss?

scottie
12-18-2018, 07:56 AM
The day I realized I was an Old Grumpy Asshole in the automotive world.....

Attend local meet. See a bunch of newer model cars (aka BLAND) modified. Finally see a super clean FC and AE86 roll in. OG guys flock to the clean 80's-90's chassis, discuss the trash in the parking lot and talk about how the 90's Japanese tuner cars will never be equaled. Kids in the lot glance at the cars and move on to the slammed/stanced/bagged cars.

I would like to think its because kids in the "scene" do not have taste but perhaps its because I am now that old guy in the lot who is stuck on the classics.

Tearlessj
12-18-2018, 10:48 AM
I don't mind younger kids being into different things. Everyone's going to have different taste when it comes to cars. I CAN NOT stand how fucking cheap everyone is these days though. All the OG's pay asking price and all the new 240 owners want to low ball 50% off asking price. Shit is annoying as fuck.

jumpman2334
12-18-2018, 11:11 AM
I had my friend's dickhead roomie come at night to buy a bolt in roll cage out of a car, didn't even have the shit listed for sale yet, had the car 24hrs. I had a date with a hot big titty goth chick I blew off for him. We rip out my sparco seats, unbolt the cage, and we couldn't get one of the arms loose. barely really did shit to get it out besides bang on it. I go grab a torch and the fucker throws in the towel and says he's over it and going home. He puts the roll cage down and bounces with all the tools. Doesn't even offer help to put the cage back in or at least help me bolt in 1 of the damn seats so I can move the fucking car. I didn't say a word about it. Whatever, cool. I'll remember that dude.

Oh yeah, he offered me $500 (HIS offer) and then tried to give me $400 when he arrived with his friends. Then his boys tried to jump into the negotiation. Wanna piss off a brown guy? Bring 3 dudes to negotiate 1 fucking deal. I honestly would have done $400 if he didn't put a bad taste in my mouth off gate. Plus, I turned down pussy. I need that $100 for an escort later, dickhead.

this is nobodys fault but yours. yes there are flakes everywhere, but there are preventative measures you take to keep them away from you.

DJDANGER24
12-18-2018, 11:57 AM
The day I realized I was an Old Grumpy Asshole in the automotive world.....

Attend local meet. See a bunch of newer model cars (aka BLAND) modified. Finally see a super clean FC and AE86 roll in. OG guys flock to the clean 80's-90's chassis, discuss the trash in the parking lot and talk about how the 90's Japanese tuner cars will never be equaled. Kids in the lot glance at the cars and move on to the slammed/stanced/bagged cars.

I would like to think its because kids in the "scene" do not have taste but perhaps its because I am now that old guy in the lot who is stuck on the classics.

Same thing happened to me. I stopped going to those meets. I now have fallen into the Cars and Coffee stuff, you know, old guy meets.

scottie
12-18-2018, 01:33 PM
I don't mind younger kids being into different things. Everyone's going to have different taste when it comes to cars. I CAN NOT stand how fucking cheap everyone is these days though. All the OG's pay asking price and all the new 240 owners want to low ball 50% off asking price. Shit is annoying as fuck.

PREACH!

Same thing happened to me. I stopped going to those meets. I now have fallen into the Cars and Coffee stuff, you know, old guy meets.

Agreed. These meets have been a nice refuge from the import shows I used to attend.

DJDANGER24
12-18-2018, 01:59 PM

I have way too much money into my 240, but I'll admit that everything has a price. If someone offered me $20k for my car, best believe that thing is getting sold before they finish the sentence. Whether its worth $20k is a subject that everyone would love to argue about, especially in this thread LOL

dizzariot
12-18-2018, 02:50 PM
I CAN NOT stand how fucking cheap everyone is these days though. All the OG's pay asking price and all the new 240 owners want to low ball 50% off asking price. Shit is annoying as fuck.

Cheap to buy, fucking mark-up-masters when they sell. I always price things to sell at about $100 - $200 off the going rate and I still make a little money for my time.

I'm happy I have 2 sets of LMGT4s because with the way the prices are going I'll be able to retire when I sell them. /sarcasm.

I have way too much money into my 240, but I'll admit that everything has a price. If someone offered me $20k for my car, best believe that thing is getting sold before they finish the sentence. Whether its worth $20k is a subject that everyone would love to argue about, especially in this thread LOL

Dude I have the same thought process with my Type X. I've always wanted it, it's the car everyone replicates, but I really should've stepped into a SpecR before the inevitable price bubble. That being said, I honestly feel like my car in particular will see a price hike and I'm holding out for a payday north of what my initial cost was....but if someone comes knocking you best believe I'm answering.

gbaby2089
12-18-2018, 03:11 PM
I buy authentic quality stuff, not to flip but to use, you best believe I'm still out here trying to get the best price I can. nothing wrong with negotiating.

Also cars & coffee sucks. So boring.

dizzariot
12-18-2018, 03:28 PM
I buy authentic quality stuff, not to flip but to use, you best believe I'm still out here trying to get the best price I can. nothing wrong with negotiating.

Also cars & coffee sucks. So boring.

Yeah I mean I'm getting stuff for less out here in Japan but I'm meeting (or beating by like $200) the going rate. I just don't want to contribute to the fucking inflation. TEs are like $2300 right now and LMGT4s are about $2800. I don't want to deal with the prices getting more gnarly than that. Most motherfuckers can't be bothered to translate on YAJ but they sure as hell can type in '9j +22' to search.

I've never been to Cars & Coffee, but I AM from California. We have the highest concentration of fuckboys next to FL. The difference in tone is probably a huge relief.

tuzzio
12-19-2018, 08:05 AM
I had a date with a hot big titty goth chick I blew off for him.

this is where I knew you were an idiot.

DJDANGER24
12-20-2018, 12:57 PM
Yeah I mean I'm getting stuff for less out here in Japan but I'm meeting (or beating by like $200) the going rate. I just don't want to contribute to the fucking inflation. TEs are like $2300 right now and LMGT4s are about $2800. I don't want to deal with the prices getting more gnarly than that. Most motherfuckers can't be bothered to translate on YAJ but they sure as hell can type in '9j +22' to search.

I've never been to Cars & Coffee, but I AM from California. We have the highest concentration of fuckboys next to FL. The difference in tone is probably a huge relief.

I think TE's and LMGT4's will always stay inflated because of the limited amount that are in circulation. Look how flooded the 3pc market has gotten, those rims are pretty affordable now.

crzsteveo
12-20-2018, 01:31 PM

I mean i would have to agree that everything has a price. But i would most likely cry like a little girl seeing my car drive away.

And by going off what scottie said, im in Cali for a few months and deciding to see as much of the "car scene" as possible, especially low riders(fucking love the paint). I went to a show called clean culture over the weekend and oh my god.... only saw like two 240s that worth a dam. I drove my JZX90 (illas 90 from team proceed) to the show and so many people were freaking out saying it was the best car there. At that moment, i knew people have lost taste and what they consider clean or whatever. Maybe its the JDM hype or what but like holy dick strokers.

AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY I DONT CARE FOR SHOWS.....two stepping comps are the dumbest thing i have ever witnessed. I now have cancer.

DJDANGER24
12-20-2018, 02:58 PM
I mean i would have to agree that everything has a price. But i would most likely cry like a little girl seeing my car drive away.

And by going off what scottie said, im in Cali for a few months and deciding to see as much of the "car scene" as possible, especially low riders(fucking love the paint). I went to a show called clean culture over the weekend and oh my god.... only saw like two 240s that worth a dam. I drove my JZX90 (illas 90 from team proceed) to the show and so many people were freaking out saying it was the best car there. At that moment, i knew people have lost taste and what they consider clean or whatever. Maybe its the JDM hype or what but like holy dick strokers.

AND LET ME TELL YOU WHY I DONT CARE FOR SHOWS.....two stepping comps are the dumbest thing i have ever witnessed. I now have cancer.

I would too, but I know exactly what car will replace it and it will bring back a smile to my face.

And the shows, yea fuck that. I had to google Clean Culture, it already sounds like a trendy Instagram shit show. Wheels and Coils on a FR-S and its "built" LOL

MiamiGrinch240
12-20-2018, 06:23 PM
@Farzam Elvis bought his S13 hatch from my friend Adrian here in Miami. That car was already mint, just got some tweaks to it. See for yourself https://www.instagram.com/p/BhML1ZlH_x4/

I def hear you guys on the scene. I’m old enough to be most 240 kids Dad lol. Been hosting SChassis & Skyline meets for over 15 years here in Miami but I do it invite only, nothing posted online, so everyone behaves & always has a great time. Never had one broken up by cops, nobody does stupid stuff. We just park, pop our hoods, talk about our mods, then go for a spirited cruise or caravan to the track. Good times.

Selling stuff? Why bother, to get lowballed? Rather keep it as a paperweight than sell for what these kids try to offer. Rather sell to mature adults that have the money. Children have empty wallets & lots of free time to lowball.

dizzariot
12-20-2018, 09:36 PM
At that moment, i knew people have lost taste and what they consider clean or whatever. Maybe its the JDM hype or what but like holy dick strokers.

This is everyone that has a JZX chassis now. The kid that had the cherry red S13 on white LMGT4s is a good example. He seems super nice, his S13 was the shit, then he sells it for a JZX90 on shit-fitting wheels? If you're telling me he went from an S13 with a TON of work into it to an essentially stock (do wheels and suspension count? It's the norm to me) JZX90 for the fuck of it? Or was it for IG traffic? I swear man so many of these kids bother to take the time to hunt, restore, then use the cool shit we all like only to sell the car when it's done...and they never pick some obscure shit as the next car. It's always something that's poppin'.

I think TE's and LMGT4's will always stay inflated because of the limited amount that are in circulation.

This is true, but the price should cap at about $2800 in my honest opinion. I paid more for the silver ones than the bronze ones, but that still hurt me to spend the money...IN FUCKING JAPAN. They're watching us, and every time some cunt like BSpliner sells some shit they notice and mark-up accordingly. That's why I try to match the 'normal' price and beat it by a couple of hundred or so. If I REALLY like the buyer I'll even ask less, but I'm NOT making a fucking killing just to buy some tight-fitting, acid washed jeans.

Elvis bought his S13 hatch from my friend Adrian here in Miami. That car was already mint, just got some tweaks to it.

Yeah man I'm sick of the Elvis shit. The default argument is always 'you're jealous' but I could give two fucks. I honestly wouldn't trade my NA/auto coupe for his turbo'd/manual K's. It's the dickriding aspect that kills me.

If you're into this sort of shit, you can look up studies about how desensitized we're all becoming. You can click to 'like' something in an instant without really thinking of why (or if you actually do) like something. It's like diarrhea: shit just flows from your thumbs instead.

...as a side note, I really enjoy how we can come in here and just be Grumpy Assholes without going for each others' throats. This is the kind of debating I like to do: respectfully disagreeing and not getting sand in our vaginas, even though they're irritated enough for us to be here.

gbaby2089
12-21-2018, 07:03 AM
My beef is the wheels I want don't even seem to come up for sale in Japan. I've been searching for over a year for two sets of wheels.

As of right now, I have three wheels total.

collegekid
12-21-2018, 10:48 AM
My beef is the wheels I want don't even seem to come up for sale in Japan. I've been searching for over a year for two sets of wheels.

Same problem. I ended up buying 3 pairs from 3 different countries.

The partouts are really fucking this up.
1. Buy $500 non title 240.
2. Sell “mint” door panels for $375
3. Sell cloth seats for $200
4. Profit.

It’s honestly just sad anymore. It’s like the wannabe “good guy part importers” on Instagram and shit are doing me a favor by riding the wave. This isn’t an American classic car that you can sit there and ask for $3500 for a gauge cluster that you don’t even know if it works.

I am just hoarding parts for the long game. I agree with the idea of keeping it as a paperweight instead of selling to some lowballing kid. If I had to get rid of it, I’d part it out instead of selling it to one person, just for the fact that I don’t want anyone else to have it.

MiamiGrinch240
12-21-2018, 05:05 PM

So many people got in the wheel reselling business that you basically have to buy what you want from a third party these days if you want used stuff. IMO, wheel prices should be tied to quality first, then their rarity. For example, as nice as TE’s are, & I do think they are a great versatile wheel, with so many sets in so many variations I just don’t get how the used market stays so high with them.

Farzam
12-21-2018, 06:13 PM
Elvis-- overhyped? Yes. I follow him on ig but I don't really keep up with him. I think he's a much better influence on these kids than a lot of the other popular people out there. At least he uses authentic parts. It's hilarious to me how many questions he gets on his AMA's, people really fucking idolize him.

Car "meet" scene is screwed where I am. I know a lot of people with really cool cars who won't take them out because of all the mishaps we've been having at our Friday night meets. Fights, getting kicked out of basically every spot we had repeatedly, a car caught on fire in a parking deck cause of a shitty stereo install, etc. Nowadays it's just a bunch of bolt on Z's, corvettes, n54 cars, etc. who go to MeXiCo and race...or cars with more stickers than mods. I know a few people with r34 gtr/supra/etc. who might bust theirs out and meet up if I tell them i'm going or if they want to take advantage of some good weather. Car shows are actually decent, some people bring out their toys, but there's obviously tons of BS too and it really depends on who is throwing the event. The track events by me are okay but I don't even really want to get into it, I don't have enough room to talk.

^LOL good times, man I hear you tho, people talking out of their ass, I mean there's nothing wrong with saying hey it's not gonna work out, thanks for your time. It's the people who dick you around and waste your time. Have some balls, tell the truth and keep your word or don't say anything!!

Just say "maybe" or "we will see" lol. At the end of the day a lot of the shit just makes me laugh. You have to be diligent if you want to buy/sell shit from people.

this is nobodys fault but yours. yes there are flakes everywhere, but there are preventative measures you take to keep them away from you.

Thank you Kanye, very cool!

How much for a bottle of piss?

I'm out of that game, go buy your wares elsewhere

this is where I knew you were an idiot.

tbh true BUT I'm way more interested in getting money rn than talking about social justice while eating sesame tofu

dizzariot
12-21-2018, 06:16 PM
So many people got in the wheel reselling business that you basically have to buy what you want from a third party these days if you want used stuff. IMO, wheel prices should be tied to quality first, then their rarity. For example, as nice as TE’s are, & I do think they are a great versatile wheel, with so many sets in so many variations I just don’t get how the used market stays so high with them.

Dickriders.

If you've ever owned a set of OG finish, ANODIZED TEs (or LMs) you know it fucking sucks. Cleaning them sucks, everything eats away at the finish, and they get hazy over time...oh and Rays still keeps the paint code secret so there's virtually no saving them unless you get them fully redone. This is why Bulletproof Automotive is going to make a killing refinishing wheels in their version of the OG finish.

MiamiGrinch240
12-21-2018, 06:27 PM
Dickriders.

If you've ever owned a set of OG finish, ANODIZED TEs (or LMs) you know it fucking sucks. Cleaning them sucks, everything eats away at the finish, and they get hazy over time...oh and Rays still keeps the paint code secret so there's virtually no saving them unless you get them fully redone. This is why Bulletproof Automotive is going to make a killing refinishing wheels in their version of the OG finish.

Never owned a set of TE’s but I do have a set of WORK Equip 01’s in the 18” Five Star pattern so I know what a PITA it is to keep their finish in good shape. I try my best to keep them clean.

SAKURA
12-27-2018, 05:00 PM
My GF just bought a house. She's really trying to bait me. Her family is very religious and does not allow cohabitation prior to marriage, lame.

Unsolicited advice but don't get married.

dizzariot
12-27-2018, 05:08 PM

I tell my wife all the time if I were single I'd be dumping all my money into getting the cars I want before the prices go up...

...but at the same time having two incomes to pay for shit is super nice lol. It leaves more of my paycheck open to fund my hobby. She's just happy to ride along places and sightsee.

Juucso
12-27-2018, 06:53 PM
Sometimes it feels funny sharing your shitbox to the world when people get annoyed that you spend your money on expensive quality products. I feel like the people are always comparing (example) either how much $$$$$ their custom wheels costed or how cheap their "just as good" steering wheel was. You are allowed to spend 10K on wheels, but not 600usd on a steering wheel.

Shit like that makes me so annoyed. Who cares how much one spends?
I bought all GKtech parts for my suspension and I'm a moron because of I spent shitloads of money on quality parts that I don't really need. Seems like the chinese 600$ arm set would have been better option for me. After all that, it's still wrong to get wheels that cost under 3.5K. This is what I do not understand. Can someone explain?

I'm, not old and grumpy. I'm young and stupid...

dizzariot
12-27-2018, 07:22 PM
Sometimes it feels funny sharing your shitbox to the world when people get annoyed that you spend your money on expensive quality products. I feel like the people are always comparing (example) either how much $$$$$ their custom wheels costed or how cheap their "just as good" steering wheel was. You are allowed to spend 10K on wheels, but not 600usd on a steering wheel.

I bought all GKtech parts for my suspension and I'm a moron because of I spent shitloads of money on quality parts that I don't really need. Seems like the chinese 600$ arm set would have been better option for me. After all that, it's still wrong to get wheels that cost under 3.5K. This is what I do not understand. Can someone explain?

...who the fuck has ever spent $10k on wheels?

I've never paid over $3.5k for wheels and I've got typical fuckboy wheels like TEs and LMs.

GKTech makes good products. Do you need over-engineered parts for your stance car? No.

It depends on what your goals are, I think. There are plenty of rich kids that build stance cars and have the whole catalog of *insert over-engineered arms maker* parts on a car that seldom gets driven. That, at least to me, is a waste of money.

Ikeya Formula is a good example. Do you want to know why they cost so much? It's because they pass JAPANESE inspection. Most aftermarket stuff isn't approved to pass and you need documents. Ikeya Formula has said documents...but why do people in other countries pay the mark up if it means nothing to them? Bragging points.

I guess my point is this: don't buy top-tier shit for areas you don't need top-tier shit in. Everyone can tell you're just a glory whore at that point.

merlz
12-27-2018, 10:22 PM

Ikeya Formula is a good example. Do you want to know why they cost so much? It's because they pass JAPANESE inspection. Most aftermarket stuff isn't approved to pass and you need documents. Ikeya Formula has said documents...but why do people in other countries pay the mark up if it means nothing to them? Bragging points.

I have seen people pay that amount for custom wheels. I can't believe they do. But yes it happens. Look at the Avant Garde wheel brand. I've seen these wheels on Civics and 86's. :down:

In regards to the Ikeya Formula comment. I wish i knew that 8+ years ago when i bought all my shit. I noticed there wasn't much difference visually compared to the generic arms. I got all my ikeya stuff coz i was a huge Koguchi fan boy. But to be fair i had put all that stuff to good use and i'm glad i had em because they've stood the test of time.

gbaby2089
12-28-2018, 08:04 AM

Dumb thing to say not knowing the situation.

After all that, it's still wrong to get wheels that cost under 3.5K. This is what I do not understand. Can someone explain?

Dawg that's dumb.

I have 2.75 sets of wheels (I've been looking for a wheel to finish my third set for a year). COMBINED they cost less than $3500. All very desirable wheels (one set 17x9 TC005, one set 17x9 RGIII, one set 17x9.5 things that I want the world to forget exist until I find my fourth wheel)

Juucso
12-28-2018, 08:10 AM
I paid around 3.5k for my wheels. Custom size S1 3P meisters brand new. They’re not cheap, but sometimes I see people talking shit because some spent usenr 2k for one piece wheels. I don’t know what is wrong with it.

And what comes what you really need and what you don’t need is stupid thing to compare. If one wants top notch quality parts to replace old crusty ones, why is it wrong?

gbaby2089
12-28-2018, 08:15 AM
I paid around 3.5k for my wheels. Custom size S1 3P meisters brand new. They’re not cheap, but sometimes I see people talking shit because some spent usenr 2k for one piece wheels. I don’t know what is wrong with it.

And what comes what you really need and what you don’t need is stupid thing to compare. If one wants top notch quality parts to replace old crusty ones, why is it wrong?

There's nothing wrong with wanting the best.

Just don't tell someone else they're stupid for not wasting money on things they don't need.

inb4 someone quotes me for calling knockoff wheels dumb. Knockoffs of all things are lame, support people who make cool things. Sincerely, guy who buys authentic furniture

collegekid
12-28-2018, 09:22 AM

I've never paid over $3.5k for wheels and I've got typical fuckboy wheels like TEs and LMs.

GKTech makes good products. Do you need over-engineered parts for your stance car? No.

I guess my point is this: don't buy top-tier shit for areas you don't need top-tier shit in. Everyone can tell you're just a glory whore at that point.

There are a lot of brands out there with some serious engineering behind them and a big ass markup too.
When I couldn’t find my advans, I found a company in Florida or Cali called adv.1 that has model 5 looking wheels.
8400 for a set of 4, no center caps.

I did not respond to that email lol.

I didn’t know about ikeya formula and their approved parts.

I ended up buying spl since I read good reviews. I probably won’t need them since I don’t plan on driving the car around too much. I personally just thought that if I crash my car due to some cheap crappy part(s) then I would hate myself for it. I put in a lot of work to save money and buy stuff, so to cheap out on such a small scale would end up costing me a lot.

I choose to have a higher factor of safety aka overkill my build. I know I can get away with using 2 gauge wire for a battery relocation. Imma be pissed if that causes me problems or a fire, so I went with 1/0 gauge with padding/insulation and extra fuses. My cost wasn’t under $50 like all those write ups.

Another thing is, if you ever went to sell your car the price would change drastically if you use top dollar well known parts vs the absolute bare minimum bottom of the barrel brand.

dizzariot
12-28-2018, 04:01 PM
In regards to the Ikeya Formula comment. I wish i knew that 8+ years ago when i bought all my shit. I noticed there wasn't much difference visually compared to the generic arms. I got all my ikeya stuff coz i was a huge Koguchi fan boy. But to be fair i had put all that stuff to good use and i'm glad i had em because they've stood the test of time.

Yeah it's safe to say that a lot of us know what Ikeya Formula is because of Koguchi. I just don't see the point in buying them when Cusco is cheaper, has the same pedigree, and also comes with the inspection documents. The topic now is dudes who would still pay the mark up just to say 'top shelf'.

I wouldn't criticize anyone that bought them because Koguchi had the arms on his car...I get that. I understand the ideal they're chasing.

I'd totally talk shit on a car that was lacking in other areas but had said parts because they know Ikeya is a buzzword.

There's nothing wrong with wanting the best.

Just don't tell someone else they're stupid for not wasting money on things they don't need.

inb4 someone quotes me for calling knockoff wheels dumb. Knockoffs of all things are lame, support people who make cool things. Sincerely, guy who buys authentic furniture

Yeah you're totally right. It doesn't negate the fact that we can see through these people, though.

There's a guy on base with a suuuuuuper clean S13 Silvia. I got to talk to him when I first showed up and it was like a triggered a dialogue box from a video game. He just ran me down the list of top-tier parts he had. Again, super friendly guy, liked cars in his own way...but he's just a name brand hunter. There's no real 'soul' behind any of it. This is all my opinion, though.

Maybe things are different where you live. Where I'm from, it's better to have some RPF1s (sub ~$1000) than any type of 'fake' wheel. People who base ANYTHING off cost involved alone are probably just twats like ya boi BSpliner or Hubeny.

dizzariot
12-28-2018, 04:07 PM
There are a lot of brands out there with some serious engineering behind them and a big ass markup too.
When I couldn’t find my advans, I found a company in Florida or Cali called adv.1 that has model 5 looking wheels.
8400 for a set of 4, no center caps.

I did not respond to that email lol.

I didn’t know about ikeya formula and their approved parts.

I ended up buying spl since I read good reviews. I probably won’t need them since I don’t plan on driving the car around too much. I personally just thought that if I crash my car due to some cheap crappy part(s) then I would hate myself for it. I put in a lot of work to save money and buy stuff, so to cheap out on such a small scale would end up costing me a lot.

I choose to have a higher factor of safety aka overkill my build. I know I can get away with using 2 gauge wire for a battery relocation. Imma be pissed if that causes me problems or a fire, so I went with 1/0 gauge with padding/insulation and extra fuses. My cost wasn’t under $50 like all those write ups.

Another thing is, if you ever went to sell your car the price would change drastically if you use top dollar well known parts vs the absolute bare minimum bottom of the barrel brand.

yeah but that's the marketing ploy: you're not going to 'crash your car' because you don't use SPL. A shop I use in my hometown made a good point when talking about SPL: why spend all that money on a street driven car? The arms would literally 'rip' off your car in an accident.

I've thought about it ever since, and I try to base my purchases off the degree to which my cars will be used. Cusco fits the bill for Japan. Battle Version fits the bill for the US.

The battery relocation thing makes more sense than the arms, in my opinion. Stuff like that should always be 'overdone' because shit like that would ruin your car (if done incorrectly) long before your RUCA would 'cause an accident'.

...yeah I don't know what the fuck is up with American companies that make forged wheels. Brada, HRE, ADV.1...does it really cost so much in the US that the prices have to be exponentially more than a set of BNIB, 'store-priced' Volks from your local vendor? I honestly don't know. If it's all mark-up that's pretty lame.

gbaby2089
12-28-2018, 04:27 PM
It is all mark-up. US forged wheels aren't any stronger or lighter than Ray's

Juucso
12-28-2018, 05:06 PM
Maybe things are different where you live. Where I'm from, it's better to have some RPF1s (sub ~$1000) than any type of 'fake' wheel. People who base ANYTHING off cost involved alone are probably just twats like ya boi BSpliner or Hubeny.

Thank you!!

I can say it, I’m a brand whore, but the cost for the product doesn’t make a one. I just happen to like products that are good quality. What makes me cringe is that people buy shit, because they’re expensive, not because they might be top notch. PBM arms could have been more expensive and more ”brand” friendly name, but after doing some research and asking people they recommended GKtech. That’s what I went for.

In my opinion it’s not stupid to spend money on high quality parts, but it is stupid to spend the money to something that is expensive, but not better than some other brand.

When it comes to exterior and wheels it’s a different story tho. If you like the look of some 8k wheels and you have the money for them, why not? You can not get them anywhere else and that’s the price you need to pay to get them.

When I first saw the V2 Bunny kit, I fell in love with it. It really is not a ”distinguished” kit on the s-chassis community like BN and Spirit Rei seem to be. The kit costed what it costed, but I had to pay to get it. I did not want the V1 kit that would have been the same style, but less expensive.

Can anyone understand where I’m going with this?

MiamiGrinch240
12-28-2018, 10:52 PM
I have 2.75 sets of wheels (I've been looking for a wheel to finish my third set for a year). COMBINED they cost less than $3500. All very desirable wheels (one set 17x9 TC005, one set 17x9 RGIII, one set 17x9.5 things that I want the world to forget exist until I find my fourth wheel)

Hey, I’ll help you find your 4th wheel if you’re interested. I’m that random type of person who just enjoys the hunt even if it’s not for me. DM me color, specs, etc.

borkfly
12-29-2018, 02:37 PM

Ok, but you realize this is the exact type of thinking that perpetuates "modern" day gender debates. "This is how I feel, why doesn't anyone conform to MY standards??!?!?!??! ME ME ME ME" I always see you complaining about and mocking millennials, yet you host a millennial mentality, and are completely ignorant to it. WOW!

Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money?

The car scene is over saturated with people doing the same thing. Carbon copies of carbon copies. To have an expectation that everybody in the scene should be the same, or as equally shitty as you are, is boring as hell. Its human nature to be different from the rest, its what makes us humans. You are going to scold people for trying being different?

Exclusivity is expensive. Just because you can't afford to be different, doesn't mean other people can't either. Quit complaining, you sound like such a hypocrite talking about spending money un-necessarily, and "glory whores", but you yourself own an schassis. In no way, is owning an schassis a smart way to spend money, there are far better performing, cheaper cars out there.

Maybe take a second to think before you blurb off next time, what it means to you, and to others to be a car enthusiast. Not everyone has the same goal, visions, passion, interests, or income as you.

dizzariot
12-29-2018, 04:41 PM
Ok, but you realize this is the exact type of thinking that perpetuates "modern" day gender debates.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c5dd72c7443a2d62ceb22c4e4c672f4c/tenor.gif?itemid=9536199

This is how I feel, why doesn't anyone conform to MY standards??!?!?!??! ME ME ME ME" I always see you complaining about and mocking millennials, yet you host a millennial mentality, and are completely ignorant to it. WOW!

Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money?

The topic was brought up by Juusco. He asked for our (and by extension, MY MY MY) thoughts on the matter. I love how you took the one instance where I didn't clearly type out 'this is my opinion' but it's implied here. A question was put forth and we chimed in. That's why all of the functioning adults in this thread are having a discord free of 'triggering' some millennial fuckboy like you. Your first and only post just on this forum HAD to be in THIS thread where EVERYONE BUT YOU is discussing.

The car scene is over saturated with people doing the same thing. Carbon copies of carbon copies. To have an expectation that everybody in the scene should be the same, or as equally shitty as you are, is boring as hell. Its human nature to be different from the rest, its what makes us humans. You are going to scold people for trying being different?

This sentence alone tells me everything I need to know about you.

No. I'm not going to 'scold' anyone. As stated even earlier, I unfollow them or I block them because I don't want to see it. Is this going to be a lesson in how I have to accept everyone? The same rhetoric that sates I need to be accepting never allows for me to disapprove. Where's my freedom of choice? Am I shitting on these guys in their IG comments? Nope. I'm unfollowing them.

Is that okay, mein fuhrer?

Exclusivity is expensive. Just because you can't afford to be different, doesn't mean other people can't either. Quit complaining, you sound like such a hypocrite talking about spending money un-necessarily, and "glory whores", but you yourself own an schassis. In no way, is owning an schassis a smart way to spend money, there are far better performing, cheaper cars out there.

No it's not. It's being made expensive buy cucks that buy cheap and sell high. The standard 'you can't afford it' comment is another weapon commonly found in the arsenal of morons like you.

There's a HUGE difference between ability and willingness. It's part of self-control...but most kids living at home, parking in their parents' garage don't have to worry about much in terms of outgoing funds. As much as you might say this is coming from a place of jealousy I can assure you it's not. My point is, and always has been, that if you can't see these people for what they are (mostly culture vultures spending their disposable income on RARE VINTAGE NISMO BY SJERIN) then you deserve to be 'pimped'.

Maybe take a second to think before you blurb off next time, what it means to you, and to others to be a car enthusiast. Not everyone has the same goal, visions, passion, interests, or income as you.

This is obvious, Mr. White Knight. I was having a civilized talk with Juusco who CLEARLY has a different idea of what it means to be an 'enthusiast' and he and i got along just fine.

Maybe YOU should think more about it before you come in here, try to paint me into a category that's easy to vilify, and attempt to take me down with some bullshit SJW logic that says that my freedom to state a negative opinion isn't equal to my freedom to state a positive opinion for being different.

Snowflake.

Juucso
12-29-2018, 05:19 PM
Here's the story.

I have a huge amount of respect for Dizzariot. I like his style and what matters the most to me, his attitude is what I like. He has a lot of good points and I like to discuss with him since he accepts the fact that we're different type of enthusiast. This gives me a opportunity to see a small peak how they see things. I'm 100% sure that Dizzariot does not like my S13, but I'm completely fine with it and still can be internet friends with him.

We can share opinions without shitting on each other and discuss about it. This is how I want to have conversations with people. I absolutely hate when somebodies don't accept you if you disagree on some things. This does not mean that I should just swallow everything that is being said to me or what I see. I still can have my opinion, but usually I try to keep it to myself or tell about it in a nice way. Expect we're talking about shitty JPfiberglass parts. <3

When talking about jealously, I do not see it much in here Zilvia. If someone calls your car shit, it does NOT mean that they're jealous. They just don't like it. I don't need to like it, you don't need either.

gbaby2089
12-29-2018, 05:50 PM
lmao how was dizzariot jealous of anyone, he gave a totally fair opinion & juucso took it in a completely reasonable way. Love this dude managing to make this dude make himself look as big a dickhead as possible in his first ever post.

borkfly
12-30-2018, 07:29 AM
I love how you took the one instance where I didn't clearly type out 'this is my opinion' but it's implied here.

I can't bother picking apart every statement you make that is clearly propelled by envy, to me its a waste of time anyways, as you are one of these stubborn millennials that live in denial.

No. I'm not going to 'scold' anyone.Is this going to be a lesson in how I have to accept everyone? The same rhetoric that sates I need to be accepting never allows for me to disapprove.

That's fine to have an opinion, yours is worth the same as mine, but to say somebody shouldn't spend their money on something they can afford is a bit silly, and well, closed minded. Do you go down to the pier and tell millionaires who spend 3 million on a yacht what they should be spending their money on instead? Do you also cry on Bugatti forums that you could build a much better performing, functional car for 1/8th the cost?

There's a HUGE difference between ability and willingness. It's part of self-control...but most kids living at home, parking in their parents' garage don't have to worry about much in terms of outgoing funds.

I'm not sure you know or understand, or ever will understand the difference between having the money to buy something and being able to afford something. If you have to make a choice between a performance and an aesthetic upgrade, and complain about the price, then you are in the can't afford it boat dude.

Just because I have $1000 in my bank account doesn't mean I'm gonna go buy a $500 oil cap... Why? Because I CAN'T afford it.

Maybe YOU should think more about it before you come in here, try to paint me into a category that's easy to vilify, and attempt to take me down with some bullshit SJW logic that says that my freedom to state a negative opinion isn't equal to my freedom to state a positive opinion for being different.

Its funny you label me an sjw, when you are reacting in exactly the same way every sjw reacts when they encounter Steven Crowder. Displaying a lack of critical thinking skills, and logic to come up with a valid reply or an answer to something, and are too proud to admit they may be in the wrong. Natural defense mechanism, resort to being offended, backpedaling, and going the ad hominem response route.

That being said, I'm not interested in your reply, and will not reply any more, but feel free to entertain the forums, and demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect.

da_crew10
12-30-2018, 12:11 PM
I still think someone here should get in a damn fight. Enough talk, more action!

dizzariot
12-30-2018, 05:11 PM
I can't bother picking apart every statement you make that is clearly propelled by envy, to me its a waste of time anyways, as you are one of these stubborn millennials that live in denial.

That's like, your opinion, man. I'm only jealous of Nigel from ETS and Emily Blunt's husband.

That's fine to have an opinion, yours is worth the same as mine, but to say somebody shouldn't spend their money on something they can afford is a bit silly, and well, closed minded. Do you go down to the pier and tell millionaires who spend 3 million on a yacht what they should be spending their money on instead? Do you also cry on Bugatti forums that you could build a much better performing, functional car for 1/8th the cost?

"It's fine for you to have an opinion, but here's why it's wrong for you to have said opinion."

...and no, I don't go down any piers to talk to any millionaires about any yachts. I go to the car forum aimed directly at owners of said cars where we discuss said cars at length. Fuck me, right?

I'm not sure you know or understand, or ever will understand the difference between having the money to buy something and being able to afford something. If you have to make a choice between a performance and an aesthetic upgrade, and complain about the price, then you are in the can't afford it boat dude.

Just because I have $1000 in my bank account doesn't mean I'm gonna go buy a $500 oil cap... Why? Because I CAN'T afford it.

No, I'm in the 'I'd-love-a-set-of-Silvia-light-up-louvers-but-paying-someone's-mark-up-when-I-have-screenshot'd-proof-of-the-price-paid-on-YAJ-because-I'm-not-a-moron' boat, pal.

Ref.1 Its funny you label me an sjw, when you are reacting in exactly the same way every sjw reacts when they encounter Steven Crowder. Displaying a lack of critical thinking skills, and logic to come up with a valid reply or an answer to something, and are too proud to admit they may be in the wrong. Natural defense mechanism, resort to being offended, backpedaling, and going the ad hominem response route.

I love Crowder.

More forcing me into a role that's easy to dismiss.

Do you have any other parlor tricks? How can we be wrong in here when we're talking about OPINIONS. Lack of critical thinking? I fully dissected your comment and constructed a response. Backpedaling? How? Where?

This is how I KNOW you're an SJW. You keep telling me I'm wrong for sharing my opinions on a forum FULL of shared opinions and, more specifically, a thread where we had been sharing our opinions without issue.

That being said, I'm not interested in your reply, and will not reply any more, but feel free to entertain the forums, and demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect.

OF COURSE you're not. You already dismissed me (see Ref.1) and made a bunch of claims that aren't true so you can look like you 'got me'.

S

J

W

Dunning-Kruger effect: Hey I Google'd that. The term 'cognitive bias' is used. More SJW rhetoric...and that definition applies to you. You're painting me as a troglodyte (WHOA, BIG WORD, EVERYONE) so you can seem superior when you're clearly not on the upper tier of learn-ed doctors. Stop projecting.

Pls virtue signal in the DIW thread...or did you think you'd have an easier time singling me out?

If you'd like to get this thread back on track, you can totally respond. I know you'll read this anyway. Your response wouldn't have been that long if really didn't care.

Juucso - sorry man you're wrong about us ignoring our differences and having a discussion. Looks like you and I should never put forth conflicting opinions in a reasonable manner ever again. *sarcasm

deolio
12-30-2018, 08:05 PM
fuck juucso.

tuzzio
12-31-2018, 05:49 AM
I really think "just because you can, doesn't always mean you should, or have too" is really a better wording of what dizza is trying to say. Some people appreciate braggers rights / brand whoring. Some don't.

Happy new years, cunts.

Juucso
12-31-2018, 12:11 PM
fuck juucso.

I’m waiting for you! :kiss:

Memberofthe600hpkaclub
12-31-2018, 05:08 PM
Interesting thread

dizzariot
12-31-2018, 05:16 PM
fuck juucso.

THiS iS ThE KiNd oF CaNcEr RUiNiNg tHe CaR ComMuNitY ! ! !

I really think "just because you can, doesn't always mean you should, or have too" is really a better wording of what dizza is trying to say. Some people appreciate braggers rights / brand whoring. Some don't.

Happy new years, cunts.

Yeah that's a simplified version. I'd take it once step further and note that everyone can tell when you're the brand whoring guy and not the normal guy buying top-tier for a desired area of their car.

Happy New Year, Grumpy Asshole.

Interesting thread

Yeah it started weird but it's be going well. Feel free to chime in.

DJDANGER24
12-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Here's an idea. Get off social media, build the car you want and stfu.

New year, new me!

smellslikecurry
12-31-2018, 07:02 PM
Everyone have a grumpy new year! ya assholes!

Bushido
01-01-2019, 04:28 AM
No clue what this thread is actually about but after owning my 240sx for almost two decades, maybe 2019 will be the year I finally get rid of it.

It took years for me to afford and procure the parts I dreamed about having. I was obsessed with gaining knowledge on the S chassis and became an expert. Little by little I built the car I dreamed about. Now, finally the car is at a place where all it needs is a paint job. I still love the car no less, but it has primarily become a source of stress for me instead of joy since I moved to Europe a year and a half ago. The car is currently sitting in storage which I pay monthly for and it's not being used. Bringing it to Europe is not really an option since it would cost a fortune to register here being that it doesn't meet emissions standards. I know that I won't get the money back that I put in the car over the years... I believe the market for 240sx will mature in a few years just like the S30 cars have. I sold my 1976 280z for a pittance in 2006, and always feel regret when I think about it. With my 240sx, I told myself I wouldn't be that old guy saying "I drove that car to highschool and I never should have sold it", but maybe the time has come to pass it on to someone else. Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.

https://i.imgur.com/WbnvI16.jpg

tuzzio
01-01-2019, 07:51 AM
By the time you filter out the "What I want" VS "What someone will pay"

Keep it. At this point with the way the s-chassis community is, I'd rather let my car be a barn find in X amount of years than sell it, unless of course it was some ungodly amount of money.

You all talked shit to JIMBO about crushing that shell in his build thread. Worst come to worst, I'd probably part my car out to a shell and cut it in half, just so it wasn't someone elses.

lonewanderer
01-01-2019, 10:52 AM
No clue what this thread is actually about but after owning my 240sx for almost two decades, maybe 2019 will be the year I finally get rid of it.

It took years for me to afford and procure the parts I dreamed about having. I was obsessed with gaining knowledge on the S chassis and became an expert. Little by little I built the car I dreamed about. Now, finally the car is at a place where all it needs is a paint job. I still love the car no less, but it has primarily become a source of stress for me instead of joy since I moved to Europe a year and a half ago. The car is currently sitting in storage which I pay monthly for and it's not being used. Bringing it to Europe is not really an option since it would cost a fortune to register here being that it doesn't meet emissions standards. I know that I won't get the money back that I put in the car over the years... I believe the market for 240sx will mature in a few years just like the S30 cars have. I sold my 1976 280z for a pittance in 2006, and always feel regret when I think about it. With my 240sx, I told myself I wouldn't be that old guy saying "I drove that car to highschool and I never should have sold it", but maybe the time has come to pass it on to someone else. Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.

https://i.imgur.com/WbnvI16.jpg

just import it to europe.. My dad imported a USDM 84 toyota celica supra to Portugal in the late 80's and still drives it when he's there. Passes inspection every time and emissions is not an issue because its considered a "compact" car. The 240sx or the 200sx as its branded there is all over Europe where its also considered a compact. They only drive compact cars there as thats whats popular. Saying that you don't want to import it is just laziness and stupidity at its finest, since they are all over the place there.

keioffice
01-01-2019, 01:24 PM
I can't believe my password still works! Have not logged in many years! Happy new year my fellow Nissan bros!

dizzariot
01-01-2019, 10:45 PM
Here's an idea. Get off social media, build the car you want and stfu.

New year, new me!

You're 100% correct. I don't know why I even have Instagram. I need to get off this shit.

By the time you filter out the "What I want" VS "What someone will pay"

Keep it. At this point with the way the s-chassis community is, I'd rather let my car be a barn find in X amount of years than sell it, unless of course it was some ungodly amount of money.

You all talked shit to JIMBO about crushing that shell in his build thread. Worst come to worst, I'd probably part my car out to a shell and cut it in half, just so it wasn't someone elses.

Yeah I romanticize these pieces of shit so much I'd rather store it forever...unless I could sell something to fund another 'on-the-list-to-own' car. I mean fuck, someone from Australia offered to buy my Type X last year and now I wish I would've taken it.

I don't think I talked shit on Jimmy doing that...but if he was done with the shell it could've been sold to someone looking for a stripped, track-ready shell and said person may have not found a clean, bone-stock SE with low miles to turn into a track heap. Just a possibility.

Just the musings of another grumpy old asshole on Zilvia.

I agree with tuzzio and lonewanderer. Just keep it and maybe even bite the bullet an import it. Are you permanently in Europe or are you in the military? At any rate, why would you make the same mistake you made with your S30?

I've been where you're at. I still am. I have two friends that really want my fastback in the US. Even though I don't foresee myself coming back to the US (if I can control that) I don't want to sell the grey fastback. I'd rather sell my Type X.

Everyone have a grumpy new year! ya assholes!

I can't believe my password still works! Have not logged in many years! Happy new year my fellow Nissan bros!

Happy New Years, guys!

keioffice
01-01-2019, 10:57 PM
I got a thing, you got a thing, everybody's got a thing. When we get together, doing our thing, in order to help each-other.

Farzam
01-01-2019, 11:32 PM
...yeah I don't know what the fuck is up with American companies that make forged wheels. Brada, HRE, ADV.1...does it really cost so much in the US that the prices have to be exponentially more than a set of BNIB, 'store-priced' Volks from your local vendor? I honestly don't know. If it's all mark-up that's pretty lame.

It's funny you mention those brands, cause one of the companies you mentioned might as well be Chinese if you catch my drift.

Well, for one thing. A good amount of Japanese wheels aren't forged, they're cast. Most of the higher end companies in the US multipiece market are forged. Some aren't and sort of ride the wave and get away with charging stupid prices bc Americans are easily fooled by marketing. I'll get to that.

Then, there's concave forged multipiece wheels like someone mentioned earlier being exorbinantly priced. A concave face requires more metal and tooling time. Then there are intricate face designs which require extra tooling time. Most wheels are made by a third party. You usually pay a flat fee per set with a set amount of tooling time but then pay $x.xx/min thereafter. So that is usually factored into the price. A lot of popular Japanese wheels are relative simple from a CAD standpoint.

Finishes are also a major factor. Most people ordering fancy US wheels from me usually opt for premium finishes whereas I sell pretty much all my JDM wheels in standard finishes. Maybe upgraded hardware on occasion. Even if I offer someone a standard finish 90% similar to what they want, they want want to go the whole 9. A lot of these companies outsource their finishing (you'd be suprised, some of these companies literally don't even physically touch their wheels lol) so if they outsource, that company is marking it up, now the wheel company is too.

Back to marketing. People start a lot of these companies as of late because the market is expanding and although we don't necessarily see it reflected on zilvia so much, more people are willing to drop $5k+ on a set of wheels than 20 years ago. Very few companies want to spend $2k+ per set to just sell them for $3k. The companies that do own their own equipment OR probably get their faces cut overseas. At that point why not just get the rim halves there too if they aren't already? Lol. Just offer premium finishes as standard and have some pretty designs and nobody will be the wiser.

So...sometimes it's markup, sometimes it's legitimate, and sometimes it's a legitimate markup. I'd go more in depth but 1. my friend just got here and 2. I don't want to burn any bridges lol

It is all mark-up. US forged wheels aren't any stronger or lighter than Ray's

It's not so much strength, it's the cost to manufacture.

dorkidori_s13
01-01-2019, 11:37 PM
were all grump assholes here... and Farzam, i know we didnt like each other a fear years ago, but youre officially a down ass fool with me now ;)

PS: kinda drunk lol

dorkidori_s13
01-01-2019, 11:38 PM

amazing how people dont realize this... even with my own aero parts!

keioffice
01-01-2019, 11:49 PM
aggro as ever, no wonder drifting never took off in the USA. To many egos... Every one eating their own...

dizzariot
01-02-2019, 03:02 AM
*drops knowledge bomb*

That's intersting for sure. What about the Rays case, though? If you knew (and I'm sure you do) what a BNIB set goes for from a licensed dealer here in Japan, you'd know that there's a ton of room between that price and the $3K+ they're sold for in the US. I just can't believe shops still sell these wheels for that price. The power of ignorance is truly remarkable in that aspect.

aggro as ever, no wonder drifting never took off in the USA. To many egos... Every one eating their own...

It's hard to find common ground, nowadays. I think it's a generational thing if anything.

keioffice
01-02-2019, 03:41 AM
It's hard to find common ground, nowadays. I think it's a generational thing if anything.

Dunno, all the tracks around the midwest didn't like drifting events because they would tear up their infield. Also the people who did set up events were very hostile to any one who wasn't someone who knew some one. Doesn't matter to me, I appreciate the the car I have, and I am glad I didn't beat the piss out of of it.

gbaby2089
01-02-2019, 06:43 AM

The cost of manufacture a 'forged' wheel (like the bs USA wheels) that still weighs more & is weaker than a cast wheel from a proper manufacturer.

marshun
01-02-2019, 07:28 AM
happy new years. hope everyone had a good one

smellslikecurry
01-02-2019, 08:56 AM
That's intersting for sure. What about the Rays case, though? If you knew (and I'm sure you do) what a BNIB set goes for from a licensed dealer here in Japan, you'd know that there's a ton of room between that price and the $3K+ they're sold for in the US. I just can't believe shops still sell these wheels for that price. The power of ignorance is truly remarkable in that aspect.

Ain't that the truth. I have access to pricing information through my shop and there is a ton of wiggle room. As long as the hype is there, people will pay.

deolio
01-02-2019, 12:03 PM

:keke::kiss: damn, still can't get a rise out of you! more of the "younger generation" could learn a thing or two from you. such fragile egos.

Farzam
01-02-2019, 09:32 PM
were all grump assholes here... and Farzam, i know we didnt like each other a fear years ago, but youre officially a down ass fool with me now ;)

PS: kinda drunk lol

I'm definitely good at rubbing people the wrong way, especially 10-12 years ago when I was a shithead teenager :keke: thanks man, I appreciate all the stuff you do for the community

The cost of manufacture a 'forged' wheel (like the bs USA wheels) that still weighs more & is weaker than a cast wheel from a proper manufacturer.

Well, that's a very broad statement so in some instances you may be correct, and in others I think you're looking at it the wrong way.

I feel like it's safe to say that most modern modular wheels aren't designed with performance in mind. They are designed to look cool. The ones that DO have that in mind are generally pretty light and are a good choice for some situations. Like if you resize wheels (maybe you want to widebody your track car next season) OR in some case it is cheaper to replace a rim half than it is to replace the entire wheel. Of coure if you bend your face then all that goes to shit lol.

A lot of popular race wheels aren't really that durable, either. Most track guys I know want cheap and light. Wheels are a disposable item for them. I certainly do advocate the use of more durable items for safety purposes, but that's not necessarily what makes cars the fastest.

I've hit a concrete barrier going 1xx mph with 57dR on my car and it saved my car from turning into a crushed tuna can. RLCA snapped in half and brake rotor shattered, wedging the wheel into the wheel well and spacing the car off the wall. Had it been an inferior wheel, things could have been a LOT different.

Regardless, if it costs more for them...it'll cost more for you. It's how business works.

Anything purchased in the country of origin is generally cheaper. Someone has to import the wheels here and store them, that isn't cheap, and naturally any expense a business incurs gets marked up and passed onto the customer. Oh yeah, and TARIFFS. Trumpito is fucking the wheel game up rn lol

I sell wheels for awesome prices. Zilvia just isn't my target demographic, although I do sell some stuff to S/Z/R chassis people.

Ain't that the truth. I have access to pricing information through my shop and there is a ton of wiggle room. As long as the hype is there, people will pay.

Well, there has to be meat on the bone for the vendor to make their $$, otherwise they'll just push other stuff. I do b2c and b2b with my products as well as being a consumer of items in the same industry, so I have a weird view on these scenarios.

Plus, almost nothing nowadays gets sold for MSRP/MAP. I have people sending me screenshots from BIG shops offering crazy low numbers. That wasn't how things were a few years ago. So yeah, in theory you can make $500 on that set of wheels if you sell at FULL price, but most of the time nowadays people shop around and then if you pricematch you'll have $250...then pay shipping, merchant services/paypal fees, taxes, etc...you're really not making dick. Lol.

SAKURA
01-03-2019, 04:35 PM
Dumb thing to say not knowing the situation.
In today's world, with the way society has gone regarding marriage and divorce, and how screwed a man gets when his wife all of a sudden doesn't love him anymore and gets cash and prizes for it, there is no upside for a man to get married.

Unless you marry a chick just to immigrate to another country. That is the only reason a man would get married in today's social climate. Just my opinion though.

gbaby2089
01-03-2019, 05:21 PM
In today's world, with the way society has gone regarding marriage and divorce, and how screwed a man gets when his wife all of a sudden doesn't love him anymore and gets cash and prizes for it, there is no upside for a man to get married.

Unless you marry a chick just to immigrate to another country. That is the only reason a man would get married in today's social climate. Just my opinion though.

:picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp: :picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp: :picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp: :picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp: :picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp::picardfp: :picardfp:
............................................______ __........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................” :,........
.....................,?........................... ...........................\,.....
.................../.................................................. .........,}....
................./.................................................. ....,:`^`..}....
.............../.................................................. .,:”........./.....
..............?.....__............................ .............:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`. ......._/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`... ..}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|........... ...`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\... .....................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\............. ..........
................................`:,,.............. .............`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\........ ..._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohA2UwGks53B1FVjq/giphy.gif

mad-ass
01-05-2019, 07:35 AM
I have done my "log in and check what's for sale every 3 month with Zilvia" deal this fine morning and I landed on this fucking gold mind. Sup everyone, Happy new years for 2019.

I am waiting for the fight to happen between the LS-swapped S14 and Prius, I would like to know the out come as I own both myself.

I've officially owned my S14 for 11.5 years now, and 6 years of those owner ship with Tein lowering springs and KYB GR-2 shocks and absolutely love it. fuck...that's what old person says right??

MiamiGrinch240
01-07-2019, 08:08 PM
No new posts, I’m getting grumpy.

Farzam
01-07-2019, 09:58 PM
I've had numerous people ask if their coilovers came with camber plates on vehicles with double wishbone suspension :keke: that's not how it wooooooorks. Not very grumpy about it but it's kinda stagnant in here.

My car is supposed to go into the paint booth this weekend and I need new side skirts. Grumpy about dat

Malik
01-07-2019, 10:41 PM
hey dudes... im still into 240's and visiting on the regular... going to have to focus on going back to school and finishing my degree before i buy my next one though.

dizzariot
01-07-2019, 11:44 PM
I got some stuff for you, fam.

Stancenation guy just posted about how he's got a ton of ideas on how to rice out his hatch. This of course comes after all the 'inspirational posts' about how much he loves the S13 in OEM form. Need dat clout.

CA just passed a law that smacks you with an instant fine for having an aftermarket muffler (whereas it was a ref ticket before) and people are mad. The video of a cop giving a ticket to someone is on IG. He essentially attributes the crackdown to the street racing and highway takeovers.

I keep having to block 'JDM vehicle importers' on IG. The comments are fucking terrible and full of nut-swingers. What's worse is that the ads are normally incorrect...like the model and trim level are incorrect. It all goes to show you that no one importing cars is passionate about this shit. They can't even be bothered to get the ad right. I think it was Abautomotive or something in FL selling an S14 K's for like $15k. That's S15 SpecR money.

DISCUSS

gbaby2089
01-08-2019, 07:03 AM
Capitalism ruins all things.

:hides:

mad-ass
01-08-2019, 02:53 PM
SAE J1169 dB test procedure is 0.5M(20 inches) aft of tail pipe at a 45 degree offset, and engine RPM revved to 3/4 of max HP[if peak HP is at 155 hp @ 5,600rpm(figures are for S14 KA24DE), it is tested at 4,200rpm. (your peak HP rpm)*0.75=your tested rpm] and tested limit is 95dB for vehicles under 6,000 lbs. The sound level meter must be parallel to the ground at the same height as the exhaust tip, but no less than 0.2m (8") from the ground.

http://cdn.nexternal.com/uuc/images/noise_test.gif

https://ecomodder.com/forum/member-darcane-albums-civic-picture5894-2014-02-05-sae-j1169.jpg

I just need to find someone with ANSI approved dB meter.

if you get this ticket, PLEASE FIGHT THE TICKET!!

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/310590-Alright-This-is-For-All-You-Peeps-in-CA-with-Exhaust-Tickets

Example of J1169 Test readings
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/images/RSC335/CORSA_335i_SAEJ1169.pdf

Fucking hell, I'm getting old enough to care how the test is actually done for this stupid ass law.

afishysilvia
01-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Some good info, you should post in the other thread going. This is just the beginning, once you get to the referee he will find everything else

mad-ass
01-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Some good info, you should post in the other thread going. This is just the beginning, once you get to the referee he will find everything else

Fair point on Ref finding everything else, but for a controlled scenario, you are only there for the said loud exhaust/modified muffler ticket. As long as you have all your O2's and Cat's in place, modified exhaust system is not changing anything for emissions so R.E.F./B.A.R. should not care and should only be testing the said SAE J1169 to determine your dB reading; which should not involve in peeping under the hood.

But that is in a perfect world where you ONLY get written up for the exhaust ticket and nothing else.

If you want to post what I've posted on other threads, go ahead. I won't waste my time to post it where people won't even appreciate the information being posted and ask questions on what's been answered already. At least some of you old grumpy assholes will find it useful. :rimshot:

Juucso
01-08-2019, 04:05 PM

Stancenation guy just posted about how he's got a ton of ideas on how to rice out his hatch. This of course comes after all the 'inspirational posts' about how much he loves the S13 in OEM form. Need dat clout.

CA just passed a law that smacks you with an instant fine for having an aftermarket muffler (whereas it was a ref ticket before) and people are mad. The video of a cop giving a ticket to someone is on IG. He essentially attributes the crackdown to the street racing and highway takeovers.

I keep having to block 'JDM vehicle importers' on IG. The comments are fucking terrible and full of nut-swingers. What's worse is that the ads are normally incorrect...like the model and trim level are incorrect. It all goes to show you that no one importing cars is passionate about this shit. They can't even be bothered to get the ad right. I think it was Abautomotive or something in FL selling an S14 K's for like $15k. That's S15 SpecR money.

DISCUSS

#1. I absolutely love how an S13 hatch can look with OEM+ look on it, but still I seem to find it a bit boring and would not own one myself. Maybe if I had three of these, then I'd have one. Going a bit "crazy" and over the top like he usually does on his builds, I saw it coming. Do I think it is a bad thing? Nope. Better than the 2014 trend that people cutted their bumpers to get "drift stiches".... :facepalm:

#2. Cali seems to go nuts with the car enthusiasts. Do they think that giving tickets for your stupid ass fart can will stop street racing? Who's idea is it? He needs a good smack to his/her pretty face. <3

#3. Luckily I live in FInland and do not get ads like that. There are only few companies who import JDM cars to Finland and people here are really strict what they want and usually get something nice. I've taken few looks to the US JDM car market and it is insane. Are the people insane for buying for those prices or are the importers crazy for asking that kind of money for them? I dunno..

mad-ass
01-08-2019, 04:20 PM
The new exhaust law's intent is to keep the noise pollution down, and I am a bit tired of Harley Davidson's lane splitting while revving their shit box and basically blowing my ear drums out in traffic. I already have disability with hearing and I don't need more help reducing my hearing capabilities. Also 1 less straight piped 350Z/370Z on the road is good news for everyone honestly, literally no one like how that sounds except the owners, and I'm pretty sure they are over 115 dB.

Where the hate for this law comes in is how it is enforced. Same law, just not able to correct it to pay less of a fine for the offense, except 99.99% of law enforcement are willing to go above and beyond what is necessary to enforce the law because they all have calibrated ears(and it's a new law so they gotta enforce it 1000% more than what they used to).

jumpman2334
01-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Capitalism ruins all things.

:hides:

then go somewhere else.

christ, i may start to use the ignore list. keep it up.

dizzariot
01-09-2019, 05:00 AM
#1. I absolutely love how an S13 hatch can look with OEM+ look on it, but still I seem to find it a bit boring and would not own one myself. Maybe if I had three of these, then I'd have one. Going a bit "crazy" and over the top like he usually does on his builds, I saw it coming. Do I think it is a bad thing? Nope. Better than the 2014 trend that people cutted their bumpers to get "drift stiches".... :facepalm:

This is obviously where we fundamentally disagree. It wouldn't be as annoying if he didn't spend most of his time pandering to kids on IG waxing poetic about how he loved the cars so much in their stock form. I'll never understand the need for 'clout' or attention.

The new exhaust law's intent is to keep the noise pollution down, and I am a bit tired of Harley Davidson's lane splitting while revving their shit box and basically blowing my ear drums out in traffic. I already have disability with hearing and I don't need more help reducing my hearing capabilities. Also 1 less straight piped 350Z/370Z on the road is good news for everyone honestly, literally no one like how that sounds except the owners, and I'm pretty sure they are over 115 dB.

Where the hate for this law comes in is how it is enforced. Same law, just not able to correct it to pay less of a fine for the offense, except 99.99% of law enforcement are willing to go above and beyond what is necessary to enforce the law because they all have calibrated ears(and it's a new law so they gotta enforce it 1000% more than what they used to).

In all honesty the intended target I was trying to hit was that dipshits gave CA another reason to pull over modified cars lol.

then go somewhere else.

christ, i may start to use the ignore list. keep it up.

Yeah but there's a point there. Capitalism means the power lies with the seller. That's great. The problem is that most of the people in the Japanese car markets are total cunts, selling an item they have no knowledge of, for a profit margin pulled out of their ass.

Juucso
01-09-2019, 06:05 AM
This is obviously where we fundamentally disagree. It wouldn't be as annoying if he didn't spend most of his time pandering to kids on IG waxing poetic about how he loved the cars so much in their stock form. I'll never understand the need for 'clout' or attention.

Well that is completely true. He has so large fan base that I feel like he is not doing it for the likes or internet fame. He already has it. It could be tho, not trying to be his white knight, but I can somewhat agree with him.

I love to look at the "Type X" threads in here since I love how good OEM+ car can look without any large customization and body kits, but I still would take the "overly" done then stockish one as you know.

My three favorite S13 hatch's are V2 Bunny by Nakagawa, Seki Motorsports and just a nice stock body Type X ones with nice fender to wheel fitment. There are so many cool ones that I don't know which one to pick.

hobbs
01-09-2019, 06:47 AM
1,500 dollars for 180sx seats, this stuff is getting dumb.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=665362

zenkicpe
01-09-2019, 07:10 AM
^^^^ wrong thread perhaps???

Kingtal0n
01-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Time for some Japanese car intermission

The good deals are out there
My friend just picked up this very clean in Fl, R32 RWD for ~7k

https://i.postimg.cc/PrFQ0m7t/IMG-0857.jpg
the frame rails and pinch are gorgeous too

https://i.postimg.cc/c4jfFdKC/IMG_0867.jpg

when he got it was filthy
https://i.postimg.cc/prrnBSRK/IMG-0810.jpg

Hes got an RB25 on the stand for it and a powerglide in the works, copying some Australian build I heard

Farzam
01-09-2019, 08:44 AM
update: Slow_sr20 pm'd me a link to some dank Bomex skirts, when i first checked the tracking it said ETA was the 15th :-/ before I went to bed it said the 10th :naughty: I woke up and it said it would be here today! :2f2f: Now I will have 100% authentic aero and can scrap my replica Bomex skirts (or modify and spray with the rest of the car). Not grumpy about this but I guess I haven't gotten em yet, hopefully they arrive intact.

DISCUSS

Idk, I appreciate stock body cars as well as more aggressive builds when done tastefully. My personal style usually falls somewhere inbetween, as get less aggressive as I get older. He has multiple S-chassis so I don't see why he couldn't have one modest one and one wild one. This isn't a subject I have much vested interest in, but you said discuss so

CA is a pretty cool state but there is definitely some funky legislation that goes down there, which I think every state has in one way or another. I find it the be extremely prejudicial and lame but it is what it is. In some aspects I can understand the need to take care of some issues, but the way they went about is stupid. I guess that's government for ya. As far as the fines go, i'm pretty sure there is a way to waive or reduce the fines if you fall within a certain income bracket.

Idk who keeps giving these idiot importers money. Just the other day I saw some fiasco about a midwest importer having his r34 "stolen", turns out his investor went and cleaned up shop. Dude was decieving his investor on numerous levels and got shafted. I hear a lot of importer drama and it's always sad. I wish someone would throw me 6 figures and see what would come out of it. But i'm mostly self made, meh meh. I wanted to get into importing cars from JP but it doesn't make much sense to import cars sight unseen and wait 2 months for them to get here and spend another 2 months repairing them and prepping for sale...then however long it takes to sell.

mad-ass
01-09-2019, 11:44 PM

It's up to you to call out on bullshit pricing, but then again, seller location in BKK Thailand, so it may come with side of HIV's and AID's if you are lucky.

I do notice anything S-chassis and R-chassis related parts being sold out of Thailand have incredibly high pricing on forums AND on eBay.

dorkidori_s13
01-10-2019, 12:21 AM
its the shipping costs due to large packaging size... ive seen S13 kouki seats all over YAJ for a few hundred bucks. its just getting them stateside thats a bitch if you dont have an importer who uses containers to ship.

Tearlessj
01-10-2019, 01:59 AM
seller location in BKK Thailand, so it may come with side of HIV's and AID's if you are lucky.

Call me a grumpy asshole but that's a pretty racist thing to say.

mad-ass
01-10-2019, 03:18 AM
Call me a grumpy asshole but that's a pretty racist thing to say.

You wouldn't be saying that if you ever been there. Then again I wish that country would buck up and control all the damn red-light districts, it's just straight up disgusting and you'd understand why I said what I said.
https://meme.xyz/uploads/posts/t/l-23239-could-i-get-a-medium-roast-please-your-shirt-is-ugly-uhh-how-about-a-dark-roast-its-a-good-thing-your-moms-dead-so-she-doesnt-have-to-see-that-shirt.jpg

hobbs
01-10-2019, 04:37 AM
It's up to you to call out on bullshit pricing, but then again, seller location in BKK Thailand, so it may come with side of HIV's and AID's if you are lucky.

I do notice anything S-chassis and R-chassis related parts being sold out of Thailand have incredibly high pricing on forums AND on eBay.

Pricing on R-Chassis stuff is out of control, people are asking 30k+ for bone stock series 1 BNR32s. I swear the GTR crowd is worse than the 240sx groups now, jerking each other off about vinyl "skyline" inlays on their rear bumpers.

its the shipping costs due to large packaging size... ive seen S13 kouki seats all over YAJ for a few hundred bucks. its just getting them stateside thats a bitch if you dont have an importer who uses containers to ship.

I get that he's out of Thailand but it seems Kris is always high on his valuation of his parts, not to mention he's not all that pleasant to deal with.

tuzzio
01-10-2019, 08:04 AM
I heard they have some pretty convincing looking lady boys over in Thailand. Whats better than anal and common sense?

ZenkiKid
01-10-2019, 09:40 AM

Bought a set of wheels and front and rear set of cusco strut braces off of YAJ.

Ended up being roughly double what I won it for after broker fees and shipping through streeter.

zenkicpe
01-10-2019, 11:17 AM
So all of the old grumpy people on Silvia are grumpy because of expensive used/jdm parts?

Juucso
01-10-2019, 11:23 AM
I heard they have some pretty convincing looking lady boys over in Thailand. Whats better than anal and common sense?

Golden shower by shemale

dorkidori_s13
01-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Ended up being roughly double what I won it for after broker fees and shipping through streeter.

i dont know why you guys insist on using him... just sign up for a damn buyee account on YAJ. outside of front bumpers and side skirts i import (of which i have an importer ive been using for years bring my large items over), i ship everything via buyee. my advans ran me a whole $400 shipped to my door in 4 days with buyee using EMS. a set of valances costs me a whopping $65 to my door. everything is repackaged by buyee and they do a DAMN good job at packing things too.

afishysilvia
01-10-2019, 12:29 PM
Streeter is good with packaging, I use him when buyee won’t let me buy because of a risky seller.

jumpman2334
01-10-2019, 01:52 PM
this thread took a weird turn.

da_crew10
01-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Has anyone fought yet?

zenkicpe
01-11-2019, 08:45 AM
Glad its not just me who noticed where this went...

Corbic
01-11-2019, 09:33 AM
Howdy all!

I'm an assholes, old school and grumpy most days!

JDM is pretty much dead for me. I had long hoped that cheap imports would revigerate my. love and interest... But then I see $16k GTS-Ts, $35,000 GTRs and $25,000 FD3S' and I'm all "naw fam, I'm good".

Hmm junked out RB20 R32... or C5 Corvette...

Hmmmm

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

zenkicpe
01-11-2019, 10:38 AM
Ha! I thought you might've died ^^

collegekid
01-11-2019, 10:43 AM
I see $16k GTS-Ts, $35,000 GTRs and $25,000 FD3S' and I'm all "naw fam, I'm good".

Hmmmm

Hey “asshole”

Are you comparing the two properly?
Are we talking a junked out R32 from “T-mac” who is the second US owner or a grade F R32 from an importer?
Legit 25 year old Jdm imports coming through an importer will not cost the same as buying one used IN JAPAN. It doesn’t come over for free.

I agree that there are better ways overall to spend 20 grand, an r32 or a c5 is not a sound investment of your money.

zenkicpe
01-11-2019, 11:23 AM
At least he's talking Corvette's instead of mustang's tho

Corbic
01-11-2019, 11:26 AM
Hey “asshole”

Are you comparing the two properly?
Are we talking a junked out R32 from “T-mac” who is the second US owner or a grade F R32 from an importer?
Legit 25 year old Jdm imports coming through an importer will not cost the same as buying one used IN JAPAN. It doesn’t come over for free.

I agree that there are better ways overall to spend 20 grand, an r32 or a c5 is not a sound investment of your money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk10 years ago you could get a GTR for $15k.

Shit got expensive and even older and more beat up is all I'm saying. All the while there are some amazing new cars out there. Hell you can get a SCAT Charger or Challenger for under $30k. Gt86's are dirt cheap, 350Zs for $5k...

You have to REALY WANT a JDM car to be porking $20-30k cash for one. Shit, 15 years ago you could buy a domestic FDS3 for $20k.

lunchmeat
01-11-2019, 11:50 AM
I'm out of the jdm game, going back to what I know. Old American iron. Bought my grandfather's el camino last spring after selling my s14. I'm having more fun wrenching on the mullet of cars. It's ugly and I love it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190111/8ec07a8a73290abd20308e874534ba3e.jpg

mad-ass
01-11-2019, 01:01 PM
I'm out of the jdm game, going back to what I know. Old American iron. Bought my grandfather's el camino last spring after selling my s14. I'm having more fun wrenching on the mullet of cars. It's ugly and I love it.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190111/8ec07a8a73290abd20308e874534ba3e.jpg

LS Swap it :naughty:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/027/475/Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jpg

lunchmeat
01-11-2019, 01:37 PM
When the 350 gives up the ghost, I might just do that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Corbic
01-11-2019, 02:29 PM
When the 350 gives up the ghost, I might just do that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkLQ9 + turbo

lunchmeat
01-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Dont want to go to crazy with it. Every rpo and body code point to this thing being pretty rare.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Farzam
01-11-2019, 10:12 PM
Update for those who care (none of yall): Those sideskirts came in within 24hrs of ordering them and were in decent enough shape. Car is going into paint tomorrow. I haven't told many people the paint color, but i'll tell y'all this: OEM Nissan color, very rare

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/49792296_10161403597085296_8505516958257512448_o.j pg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.xx&oh=a40bb3861807841b6eca53dd34712845&oe=5CB5E7F8

10 years ago you could get a GTR for $15k.

Shit got expensive and even older and more beat up is all I'm saying. All the while there are some amazing new cars out there. Hell you can get a SCAT Charger or Challenger for under $30k. Gt86's are dirt cheap, 350Zs for $5k...

You have to REALY WANT a JDM car to be porking $20-30k cash for one. Shit, 15 years ago you could buy a domestic FDS3 for $20k.

Pretty much all car values went up though. Even beaters. 1. inflation 2. new car values are rising which causes used ones to rise as well.

Z's were lowering in value then started holding steady, and honestly all the bottom barrel Z's around me are going up in value cause cheap kids bought them and well, they got it for $3k + $1k in oil changes and cam sensors = $3500 firm 2 years later when they sell it.

You can lease a hellcat for $2k down, $600/mo. I thought that's pretty tempting.

Farzam
01-12-2019, 12:25 AM
Stuff i'm grumpy about.

I posted up a set of wheels for sale on some fb groups tonight. They were off my mom's car, so I'm not even making anything. I've had over a dozen morons ask me if they'll fit their car, or ask what cars they will fit. Or assuming they fit their car until I see a picture/I ask what they drive. Then the lowballers, but that part doesn't bug me. How do you not know your bolt pattern, or at least know how to google it? I'm just some stranger on the internet, what if I just say they fit and play you? Lol

Also-- a lot of zilvians give off the vibe that they got picked on too much in school. I don't get why people have to act pretentious. Social skills are really easy to develop if you try. At the end of the day we're all a bunch of nerds driving hair dresser cars.

mad-ass
01-12-2019, 01:43 AM
Your paint code is LS1, pretty damn rare.

dizzariot
01-12-2019, 02:25 AM

Take it from someone that currently lives here and regularly ships seats: his price is fucking out there. Kris is going for gold every time he posts AKA aiming for the one, true moron that just joined.

Howdy all!

I'm an assholes, old school and grumpy most days!

JDM is pretty much dead for me. I had long hoped that cheap imports would revigerate my. love and interest... But then I see $16k GTS-Ts, $35,000 GTRs and $25,000 FD3S' and I'm all "naw fam, I'm good".

Hmmmm

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't between an R32 and some Mustang variant. :coolugh:

Stuff i'm grumpy about.

~ People asking you to do thier homework for them ~

~ I think I know who you're talking about ~

Dude this is the age of ask-the-seller-even-though-Google-is-free.

...and just ignore those people man. That's one of the more useful skills I've learned in the military: the picked-on kids that find some cajones will make the most noise.

Also, is it an S-Chassis specific paint code? Better be Lavender Frost.

Farzam
01-12-2019, 12:40 PM
Take it from someone that currently lives here and regularly ships seats: his price is fucking out there. Kris is going for gold every time he posts AKA aiming for the one, true moron that just joined.

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't between an R32 and some Mustang variant. :coolugh:

Dude this is the age of ask-the-seller-even-though-Google-is-free.

...and just ignore those people man. That's one of the more useful skills I've learned in the military: the picked-on kids that find some cajones will make the most noise.

Also, is it an S-Chassis specific paint code? Better be Lavender Frost.

You'd think with the advantageous currency exchange they would be a tiny bit more modest lol

Honestly, i'd rather have an r32 or some sort of Mustang over a c5. I don't really like how they feel. C6, that I can get with though.

As far as dumb customers...i've never had it this bad. EVER. Well, almost this bad both times I sold an R32. This is why I don't like selling cheap shit and only stick to a handful of suspension companies and a dozen or so wheel brands. Most of the time I can sort of understand the questions my clients ask even if it may seem stupid to most. These people are just....really really really dumb and shouldn't be modifying cars lol.

I honestly didn't write that about anybody in particular, just a thought that crossed my mind. I've met a lot of really awesome people through here, sucks to see a lot of the good personalities gone. Now y'all are stuck with dumbies like me and idiots who think weed actually makes you lazy, lol. Lazy people are lazy.

Your paint code is LS1, pretty damn rare.

https://ih0.redbubble.net/image.511602848.1011/st%2Csmall%2C215x235-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

spooled240
01-12-2019, 01:58 PM
You'd think with the advantageous currency exchange they would be a tiny bit more modest lol

Honestly, i'd rather have an r32 or some sort of Mustang over a c5. I don't really like how they feel. C6, that I can get with though.

As far as dumb customers...i've never had it this bad. EVER. Well, almost this bad both times I sold an R32. This is why I don't like selling cheap shit and only stick to a handful of suspension companies and a dozen or so wheel brands. Most of the time I can sort of understand the questions my clients ask even if it may seem stupid to most. These people are just....really really really dumb and shouldn't be modifying cars lol.

I honestly didn't write that about anybody in particular, just a thought that crossed my mind. I've met a lot of really awesome people through here, sucks to see a lot of the good personalities gone. Now y'all are stuck with dumbies like me and idiots who think weed actually makes you lazy, lol. Lazy people are lazy.

Sell me that front bumper before you paint it. I promise I won't be an ass

Corbic
01-12-2019, 05:01 PM

I was actually thinking C6 when I typed that.

Farzam
01-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Sell me that front bumper before you paint it. I promise I won't be an ass

Some dude in Aus offered me $900+ship and i passed lol he hits me up any time i post a pic of the car on fb or ig like clockwork. I was gonna try to get a mold made but it didnt really pan out

dorkidori_s13
01-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Some dude in Aus offered me $900+ship and i passed lol he hits me up any time i post a pic of the car on fb or ig like clockwork. I was gonna try to get a mold made but it didnt really pan out

whats so special about your front bumper? just curious is all :)

spooled240
01-12-2019, 11:37 PM
Some dude in Aus offered me $900+ship and i passed lol he hits me up any time i post a pic of the car on fb or ig like clockwork. I was gonna try to get a mold made but it didnt really pan outHow much is shipping that thing to AUS?whats so special about your front bumper? just curious is all :)Its the only s14 kouki aggressive aftermarket bumper that looks OEM

Farzam
01-13-2019, 02:12 AM
I was actually thinking C6 when I typed that.

C6 are tolerable. I got the keys to a fbo loma gt2 widebody z06 on 20/21" adv1's for 5 days. I would buy one. A fellow zilvian/old friend in my area has a supervette widebody c6 with a procharger and we built him a really sick set of Heritage Hokkaidos. Beautiful car.

whats so special about your front bumper? just curious is all :)

I've only been able to find a few kouki 14's online with the bumper, let lone stateside. The ones I have found were from yeaaaaars ago. Very likely that I have one of the only ones left in 1 piece. If there were another bumper known to the public, that Aussie would have found it and let me know and/or purchased it...but I could be wrong.

Not really sure how much it would take to buy it. Everything has a price, but at this point if I were to sell it I would have to change the rest of my aero. I won't be able to find something similar to take it's place. On top of that i'd have to respray it all. That's a lot of moneys.

How much is shipping that thing to AUS?Its the only s14 kouki aggressive aftermarket bumper that looks OEM

I never even looked into it. Even with my commercial shipping i'm sure it wouldn't be cheap. He seemed down to pay whatever, which would normally give me a red rocket, but why sell the dopest dope?

Farzam
01-13-2019, 02:18 AM
I just did sex with a girl AND my car got painted tonight. 10/10 not grumpy

Have a taste of the good life, ya filthy animals.

EsChassisLove
01-13-2019, 02:27 AM

oomph that's a nice color.

Congrats on doing the sex with a girl! an important clarification in 2019.

Farzam
01-13-2019, 02:28 AM
oomph that's a nice color.

Congrats on doing the sex with a girl! an important clarification in 2019.

Thank you, tbh I think i'll like it more when I see it irl but I am relatively enthused.

Well she was born a dude so

Corbic
01-13-2019, 10:23 AM

Well she was born a dude so

Shit, I keep forgetting its 2018.

Fuck this century.

Farzam
01-13-2019, 01:40 PM
Shit, I keep forgetting its 2018.

Fuck this century.

Chicks w dicks = twice the fun, live a little

it's also 2019 but whose really keeping track :keke:

mad-ass
01-13-2019, 02:31 PM

Oh fuck...I thought you were joshing with me with that picture response on the paint code but I guess I actually nailed it. :mrmeph:

looks good, can't wait to see the polished plum picture.

Farzam
01-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Oh fuck...I thought you were joshing with me with that picture response on the paint code but I guess I actually nailed it. :mrmeph:

looks good, can't wait to see the polished plum picture.

You nailed it. Idk I figured it's OEM but a lil wild so I get the best of both worlds.

You gotta at least take me on a date before I show you my plums, i'm not a whore

tuzzio
01-14-2019, 08:04 AM
I'm grumpy YAJ doesn't seem to show related items at the bottom of each listing anymore. Used to always find goodies in there.

eagleeyes221
01-14-2019, 08:12 AM
I recently became grumpy after posting a few parts for sale on facebook market place. I had about 10 messages so far and everyone one of them is either broke or they want to low ball the hell out of me.

Nickson
01-14-2019, 08:25 AM
I recently became grumpy after posting a few parts for sale on facebook market place. I had about 10 messages so far and everyone one of them is either broke or they want to low ball the hell out of me.That's a bit better than my latest facebook interaction. "Hey man, if I buy your ECU will the tune work on my engine? Is vband the MFR of the turbo and exhaust mani? What else would I need to buy to finish the turbo kit? Oh ok man, Im going to look at a 240 saturday, I'll hit you back if I buy it!"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Corbic
01-14-2019, 11:17 AM
I recently became grumpy after posting a few parts for sale on facebook market place. I had about 10 messages so far and everyone one of them is either broke or they want to low ball the hell out of me.Obviously not old. We've all lived that dream on Craigslist 10 years ago.

ixfxi
01-14-2019, 11:59 PM
this forum...................................

Farzam
01-18-2019, 01:35 PM
this forum...................................

Alas, we have awoken the grumpiest asshole of them all

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 03:40 AM
Ah. Back again. Yo is it just me or did old Nismo shit reach ANOTHER level of fucking stupid in the last month? I feel like someone that got over doing heroin...but still enjoys driving through the bad part of town to watch addicts put peepees in their mouth for that sticky-icky.

You know, like, not sexually happy. Just like, that's-not-my-mouth-but-it's-funny-you'd-put-it-in-yours-idiot happy.

Juucso
01-22-2019, 06:11 AM
Ah. Back again. Yo is it just me or did old Nismo shit reach ANOTHER level of fucking stupid in the last month? I feel like someone that got over doing heroin...but still enjoys driving through the bad part of town to watch addicts put peepees in their mouth for that sticky-icky.

You know, like, not sexually happy. Just like, that's-not-my-mouth-but-it's-funny-you'd-put-it-in-yours-idiot happy.

Yes. Gets worse every day.

James May said that "every second is better than the last one" on Grand Tour, but he's wrong.

5280VertDET
01-22-2019, 10:42 AM
Tax check season.

s13poop
01-22-2019, 11:51 AM
For sale section..

Why do I have to PM you for photos if you’re the one making the goddamn listing :picardfp:

jumpman2334
01-22-2019, 11:59 AM
For sale section..

Why do I have to PM you for photos if you’re the one making the goddamn listing :picardfp:

because the mods let shit slide. they should be shutting down threads as soon as they see them.

Agent S14
01-22-2019, 01:11 PM
Old man here have had my 96 S14 since 2004 at 17.

Love the car but age is showing and I really dont want to dump more money into it, I have this problem of letting it go due to sentimental value and it is my first car. I easily sold my S2000 and WRX. Yet cant seem to sell this one. I have been looking to move to the corvettes but again I cant let go of this car.

Have regrets, wish i didnt swap to SR20, wish I didnt spend so much on it. Dont regret putting aftermarket bodykit on it strangely.

I think it hit me its no longer a car for me when only kids and guys in their 20s like the car. anyone in their 30s i associate with has no interest in the car and anyone that i am friends with in their 30's have moved on to AMG, M cars, vettes, V8 Mustangs or Lifted Trucks or SUV.

I want to get rid of it but I know once i sell it I know I will regret it. I would like to keep this and a corvette or stang. But it doesnt seem reasonable. I can post a pic of my car if requested.

So probably will never sell it

PS:Also am grumpy old man, i yell at kids now to stop playing music at midnight, enjoy NPR , enjoy talks about investing and stock options. :(

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 03:34 PM
I think it hit me its no longer a car for me when only kids and guys in their 20s like the car. anyone in their 30s i associate with has no interest in the car and anyone that i am friends with in their 30's have moved on to AMG, M cars, vettes, V8 Mustangs or Lifted Trucks or SUV.

I want to get rid of it but I know once i sell it I know I will regret it. I would like to keep this and a corvette or stang. But it doesnt seem reasonable. I can post a pic of my car if requested.

So probably will never sell it

PS:Also am grumpy old man, i yell at kids now to stop playing music at midnight, enjoy NPR , enjoy talks about investing and stock options. :(

...but for every 10 nut-swingers you see at the gas station you get the one person your age or older that appreciates it. I normally feel the same way. It's little things like an old Japanese dude at the toll gate asking my questions and telling me he likes 180SXs. I know it's corny as fuck but when you get props from a generation that's generally harder to impress (and doesn't just smash that MFn LIKE BUTTON) it means more. It doesn't happen often, but it lasts longer when it does.

I had this talk with my wife last night. I don't think I'll ever be without at least one of these pieces of shit in my life lol.

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 03:43 PM
Here's another one: did you guys see the girl from NZ that posted a picture of her sitting on the door in her bikini?

I just started following her a few days ago. I saw that picture but also noticed it was the ONLY ONE like that. Most of her content (thank God) is her car, her husband's car, and New Zealand. To add to the equation: it looks like she was at the beach anyway and didn't just fucking go out to her driveway to take a typical IG picture. There are also comments suggesting this was the type of reaction they were looking for/expected.

Anyways, the comments are pretty much what you'd expect. It's crazy though. Bear whatever-the-fuck-her-name-is never has more than two small pieces of fabric on and it's cool. Some normal girl from NZ posts one and it's chaos. I'm always on her bashing fake 'car girls' but this seems like a different instance.

If it wasn't so fucking cold in Japan I'd take the same picture and post it...maybe this afternoon I'll get my camera out...

deolio
01-22-2019, 05:32 PM

maybe you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. you've got the fat cats and essence dudes in your own backyard, but i suppose if you only derive happiness from the admiration of your peers then you may have a different issue...

always seems like older dudes just complain about younger dudes in order to make an excuse for them to not make any effort to build a connection in the community. if you don't care to befriend people and aren't happy just enjoying a car by yourself then by all means, please sell it to someone who will.

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 06:20 PM
maybe you're hanging out with the wrong crowd. you've got the fat cats and essence dudes in your own backyard, 1.) but i suppose if you only derive happiness from the admiration of your peers then you may have a different issue...

2.) always seems like older dudes just complain about younger dudes in order to make an excuse for them to not make any effort to build a connection in the community. if you don't care to befriend people and aren't happy just enjoying a car by yourself then by all means, please sell it to someone who will.

1.) I don't think he's saying that. I think he just doesn't have like-minded people to talk shop with.

2.) Why should the people with knowledge make the effort? Have you tried to deal with someone super young and indignant? A lot of these 'kids' are the dudes you talked about in the beginning of your post (doing it for admiration) and they honestly just don't care to learn. Instant gratification and validation don't require hard work.

Telling 'older dudes' it's their fault doesn't seem fair. They aren't entirely to blame, but the road goes both ways.

da_crew10
01-22-2019, 06:41 PM
Yo fight someone!

Agent S14
01-22-2019, 06:56 PM
1.) I don't think he's saying that. I think he just doesn't have like-minded people to talk shop with.

2.) Why should the people with knowledge make the effort? Have you tried to deal with someone super young and indignant? A lot of these 'kids' are the dudes you talked about in the beginning of your post (doing it for admiration) and they honestly just don't care to learn. Instant gratification and validation don't require hard work.

Telling 'older dudes' it's their fault doesn't seem fair. They aren't entirely to blame, but the road goes both ways.

This is what I am trying to say. Thank You.

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 07:34 PM
Yo fight someone!

This is a thread of learn-ed doctors, m8.

The only thing getting beat here is each other's meat, as it is the will of the Zilvian Gods for us to circlejerk unto eternity.

collegekid
01-22-2019, 07:49 PM
1.) I think he just doesn't have like-minded people to talk shop with.

This is what I am trying to say. Thank You.

1. I would like some clarification here. Agent S14 claims to have friends with all these baller cars yet agrees that he has no one to "talk shop with". Mr S14, are you only willing to accept fellow S14 owners that are around your age and in your area or is it that your associates with those pricier cars are not the technical crowd you want to be around?

Maybe I question you because I have a lot of level headed car guys that I work with and also socialize with enough to not think "car buddy withdrawal" is a real thing. Now that I think of it, I always mention cars whenever I see them.

2. People with knowledge should make an effort to do something good, otherwise you're just gossiping like a highschooler. Are you expecting something without putting in effort? If you want those kind of associates, shouldn't you try to find them? You've gone to all the cars and coffees, trackdays, and car related events in Texas and couldn't find one person to be friends with? I mean isn't this what zilvia was supposed to be?

Tell me something Mr S14, if you were another S or Z chassis owner, would you be friends with you?

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 08:05 PM
1. I would like some clarification here. Agent S14 claims to have friends with all these baller cars yet agrees that he has no one to "talk shop with". Mr S14, are you only willing to accept fellow S14 owners that are around your age and in your area or is it that your associates with those pricier cars are not the technical crowd you want to be around?

Maybe I question you because I have a lot of level headed car guys that I work with and also socialize with enough to not think "car buddy withdrawal" is a real thing. Now that I think of it, I always mention cars whenever I see them.

2. People with knowledge should make an effort to do something good, otherwise you're just gossiping like a highschooler. Are you expecting something without putting in effort? If you want those kind of associates, shouldn't you try to find them? You've gone to all the cars and coffees, trackdays, and car related events in Texas and couldn't find one person to be friends with? I mean isn't this what zilvia was supposed to be?

Tell me something Mr S14, if you were another S or Z chassis owner, would you be friends with you?

1.) ...dude he's literally saying his friends aren't 'into' his car. I don't think he gives a shit what they drive but I'd venture to say that having some buddies that were familiar with his car (and gave a shit) would be better.

2.) That's just like, your opnion, man. We can argue this all day. You think 'older heads' should make an effort and they think that the 'kids' should ask questions and absorb knowledge. The internet is a wonderful place full of information. Why should anyone with knowledge have to do Google's job?

We can all admit Zilvia is for gossiping. I'd like to think this thread is for discussion but it's inevitable we'll end up gossiping. No harm in it. We're discussing points without trying to fight everyone tooth and nail, and that's what Zilvia should be.

...even though da_crew10 wants bloodshed.

Agent S14
01-22-2019, 08:10 PM
You seem to attack me without knowing me. Most of my friends were in the nissan,Honda, Subaru,Lexus scene. I still talk to alot of Young folks and give my thoughts on modding 240.They want to learn how to mod s chassis properly and I let them know my mistakes. I also have given them advise when they run into common sr20 issues and when I was younger and had more free time would loan them parts to figure out issues on there SR. I'm still on 240 groups on FB and if it's s15 Sr related and I have ran into related issues I let them know what it may be.

Not sure what you are trying to get at but you are being pretty rude.

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 08:35 PM
You seem to attack me without knowing me. Most of my friends were in the nissan,Honda, Subaru,Lexus scene. I still talk to alot of Young folks and give my thoughts on modding 240.They want to learn how to mod s chassis properly and I let them know my mistakes. I also have given them advise when they run into common sr20 issues and when I was younger and had more free time would loan them parts to figure out issues on there SR. I'm still on 240 groups on FB and if it's s15 Sr related and I have ran into related issues I let them know what it may be.

it's a bit ironic that we were accused of 'gossiping' when we're discissing observations.

Here's the definiton from Google:

"casual or unconstrained conversation or reports about other people, typically involving details which are not confirmed as true."

...so the collegekid is 'gossiping like a highschoolkid."

ZING!

deolio
01-22-2019, 09:57 PM

1. you read what he wrote and read my response, and yet you came to this conclusion. mind boggling.

2. because that's how society works. should you not teach your children not to be assholes? it doesn't matter if they are assholes, you, as an "adult" should feel compelled to do so for the sake of your own sanity.

damn right it goes both ways! but as the supposedly wiser and mature individual, shouldn't you be the first one to reach out?

so basically not what your inferred in your previous post. i don't see what the issue is then...

rude?! i'm old and grumpy, asshole :kiss:

dizzariot
01-22-2019, 10:19 PM
1. you read what he wrote and read my response, and yet you came to this conclusion. mind boggling.

2. because that's how society works. should you not teach your children not to be assholes? it doesn't matter if they are assholes, you, as an "adult" should feel compelled to do so for the sake of your own sanity.

damn right it goes both ways! but as the supposedly wiser and mature individual, shouldn't you be the first one to reach out?

so basically not what your inferred in your previous post. i don't see what the issue is then...

rude?! i'm old and grumpy, asshole :kiss:

1.) Ah I guess I misunderstood your post. You're telling him to find a different crowd...but assuming he hasn't tried hanging out with a younger generation? Just want to clarify.

2.) Yeah, my own kids lol. Taking ownership of a bunch of kids that don't want to take advice is a whole different undertaking. I've never steered someone away that asked me a question.

...and I still disagree with being the one to reach out because I have more skin in the game. You don't pick up a new hobby/trade/skill and expect everyone to make you a pro overnight. You become a student of whatever it is you love and you work towards it.

This is why I like this thread. We can talk about shit without being dicks. Just assholes. Goal: met.

*OPINION ALERT: we are sharing opinions in here cordially. THIS is how you disagree and talk nicely at the same time.

gbaby2089
01-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Wait, dude's friends were into nissans/hondas when younger and only now dislike his car?

Fam your friends are just dbags aiming for clout haha

crzsteveo
01-26-2019, 05:45 PM
I just heard my girlfriend debate on why the earth is flat. I dont have any words to express how i reacted.

So flat earth believers make me grumpy.

dizzariot
01-26-2019, 06:03 PM
Anyone that neg rep'd the forums newest 'parts resale shop' is a fucking legend. I don't expect everyone to be as vocal as I am when it comes to this shit but showing up on the rep thing is super cool. Thank you.

I'm gonna spend more time bumping people's threads when they ask the 'correct' (based of the normal going rate) prices for items.

For all you sensitive folk gunning for me, what I deem 'correct' is my own opinion. Your freedom to call me out is ever-present as is mine to do the same when your prices are shit.

Also, do you have any proof that the Earth is round? If not then it's obviously flat. Lizard People make me grumpy.

mad-ass
01-27-2019, 01:15 AM
yeah, fuck the stupid nismo pricing that I've been seeing. like what in the fuck are you smoking to ask that much money for a fucking shift knob? then again, if I have certain parts on my car, it will raise my car's value up because dipshits are charging a lot of money for what once was a dealer option and at best $20 in aftermarket

tuzzio
01-28-2019, 08:04 AM
Aka grex shift knobs

CrimsonRockett
01-28-2019, 03:25 PM
$600 for a old Nismo font cup holder is a joke.

Get a fucking cup holder from Amazon for $5 and slap a $1 Nismo sticker on it.

Done.

I’m all for collecting rare parts myself, but even I can admit it’s becoming ridiculous.

jumpman2334
01-28-2019, 04:35 PM
im not super up to date on the flipping stuff cause this isnt usually a problem in the toyota community (not like its a hard concept to grasp anyways). but, to those of you who are sick of it, what do you suggest be done? Im genuinely curious. Should zilvia step in and start to ban flippers? publicly dox these people on IG? stupid ass threads like this wont fix anything.

at what point in time as a community do you all band together and figure this out? or are ya'll cool with joining the rat race and paying/trying flip shit for a 1000% mark up?

da_crew10
01-28-2019, 04:48 PM
I am going to start flipping Yugioh cards!

Corbic
01-28-2019, 04:57 PM
im not super up to date on the flipping stuff cause this isnt usually a problem in the toyota community (not like its a hard concept to grasp anyways). but, to those of you who are sick of it, what do you suggest be done? Im genuinely curious. Should zilvia step in and start to ban flippers? publicly dox these people on IG? stupid ass threads like this wont fix anything.

at what point in time as a community do you all band together and figure this out? or are ya'll cool with joining the rat race and paying/trying flip shit for a 1000% mark up?

Why?

Don't like the prices, don't pay it.

The problem IS the 240sx community where guys would rather pay $600 for a cup holder or buy some stupid JDM YO Pink Nismo Shift Knob then actually build a decent car. The whole thing is just one big teenage circle jerk hype-fest.

It's like when Daemon had that red Evo and yanked the Brian Crower cams for shittier HKS ones because - JDM YO!

Corbic
01-28-2019, 04:59 PM
https://payload.cargocollective.com/1/1/45148/12351954/zoltron-flipper.gif

TheBlackHand
01-28-2019, 08:31 PM

If there’s someone willing to pay $1000 for a Hitman wheel today that was bought for $850 yesterday from another member what can you do to stop this sale? Nothing!
It’s simple supply and demand. As long as there’s demand for overhyped JDM parts that are in limited supply then prices will only continue to rise if people are buying. I hardly agree with $1k brick headlights that were bought for $500 last year but as long as people are willing to pay these prices that’s what the market will demand until people stop paying these prices.

dizzariot
01-28-2019, 08:39 PM
$600 for a old Nismo font cup holder is a joke.

Get a fucking cup holder from Amazon for $5 and slap a $1 Nismo sticker on it.

Done.

I’m all for collecting rare parts myself, but even I can admit it’s becoming ridiculous.

Either that kid deleted his thread or a Moderator deleted it because (although he proclaimed he cared dearly about the community) he couldn't be bothered to pay the vendor fee.

The last thing he said (that I didn't respond to) that irked me was when he said he felt like Zilvia would be a good place to sell because the forum "has an eye for JDM items like these" or something to that effect. Basically saying that everyone on here was a nutswinger willing to pay dumbfuck prices.

The forum obviously picked up on this.

I mean this thread is nothing more than the title suggests: old grumpy assholes being grumpy. There isn't a purpose beyond that.

I'd ban a select few sellers, yeah. There's a HUGE difference between the following:

1. A seller that gets TEs for cheap, sells for 'going rate'/slightly under, a member of the community beyond making money off it.

and

2. A seller that gets TEs for cheap, marks them at or above 'going rate' to stoke prices, writes RARE or JDM multiple times in the ad, and MAYBE has a Japanese car that's just enough to make them appear like they're a member of the community and not just a culture vulture.

My friends flip parts. I flip things from time to time. I guess where I draw the line is the '1000%' mark up. There's no reason why LMGT4s/TEs should continue to rise in price. There are enough out there to where the price can stay the same (in original condition, custom finishes will undoubtedly add more) and the same goes with other prices.

So yeah, we could band together and shut it down. I don't expect anyone to do it though. I'd like it, however.

I can anticipate the 'picking and choosing' argument that's coming my way.

Corbic
01-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Basically saying that everyone on here was a nutswinger willing to pay dumbfuck prices.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/0574af059298b5c65db730a1b8772bf0.jpg

How many other forums have thousand page threads dedicated to "rare jdm parts", "identify this" and "Nostalgia". I don't see that crap on the Mustang forums or 3000GT land. Hell this place even has a sneaker-head, jogger pants, marvel and fixie-bike threads.

50% of thr import scene is straight fashion accessories to hype yourself up, get attention and street cred and show off. Been that way a long time.

1. A seller that gets TEs for cheap, sells for 'going rate'/slightly under, a member of the community beyond making money off it.

and
2. A seller that gets TEs for cheap, marks them at or above 'going rate' to stoke prices, writes RARE or JDM multiple times in the ad, and MAYBE has a Japanese car that's just enough to make them appear like they're a member of the community and not just a culture vulture.

So yeah, we could band together and shut it down. I don't expect anyone to do it though. I'd like it, however.

Sounds like communism.

Fuck that. Ya'll "old timers" have bitchrd for 20 years about "broke asses" and cheap ass owners and look at ya'll. Crying because you don't want to spend $1,500 for some R33's cause 20 years ago you could get a set for $500.

Back when I was young, Super Street said one of their top pick tuner cars for $10,000 said the NA MKIV Supra.....

dizzariot
01-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Oh yeah. Delete the RARE PARTS/YAJ HUMBLE BRAG Threads. Thanks, Corbic.

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 04:39 AM
I don’t even know what could be done, to put into perspective. Imagine spending more then one year looking for a specific part. Only to find it for xxx amount. You’re going to be forced in paying the mark up price because you can’t find it anywhere & when you finally found it. It’s an absurd amount, at the end of the day everyones trying to make money one way or another & if people are willing to put in the man hours in searching yaj all day and croober. Just to buy parts & resell them. By all means let them. Yes 600$ for a cupholder is insane. Its litterally just plastic & does nothing. But him and jerin are the only people i’ve seen have that cupholder for sale in 2 years. Is it worth it, no wayyyy. But if thats what you want, you have to cough up the money or someone else will & you lose out. Now having to wait another absurd amount of time. Idk man, it’s all supply & demand and i don’t see the prices going down anytime soon. There are good deals out there though & honest people. You just need to have patience in looking if rare parts is your thing. But someone always gonna be willing to pay xxx amount.

dizzariot
01-29-2019, 05:04 AM
I don’t even know what could be done, to put into perspective. Imagine spending more then one year looking for a specific part. Only to find it for xxx amount. You’re going to be forced in paying the mark up price because you can’t find it anywhere & when you finally found it. It’s an absurd amount, at the end of the day everyones trying to make money one way or another & if people are willing to put in the man hours in searching yaj all day and croober. Just to buy parts & resell them. By all means let them. Yes 600$ for a cupholder is insane. Its litterally just plastic & does nothing. But him and jerin are the only people i’ve seen have that cupholder for sale in 2 years. Is it worth it, no wayyyy. But if thats what you want, you have to cough up the money or someone else will & you lose out. Now having to wait another absurd amount of time. Idk man, it’s all supply & demand and i don’t see the prices going down anytime soon. There are good deals out there though & honest people. You just need to have patience in looking if rare parts is your thing. But someone always gonna be willing to pay xxx amount.

What could be done? You, for one, could stop posting in ever Rare Parts/YAJ/Nismo for sale post lol. I see you in every thread with a title that has Rare, JDM, or Nismo in it. The assholes selling these parts see you frothing at the mouth and it keeps the prices up.

Your whole post is the PRECISE ideal these fucking sharks prey upon. If we all managed to 'band together' would prices drop overnight? No...but those sellers would have one less venue.

Maybe the Instagrams accounts start getting flak.

Maybe other communities with the same problems get wind of what happened in this community, and maybe, just maybe, the sellers end up with so few venues to sell that the prices come back down to reasonable levels. No one is against making money. Everyone is against $600 cup holders...everyone except kids that have the disposable income afforded to those that still park/live with their parents.

EDIT: The more I re-read your post the more it makes me fucking angry. Why don't you work harder to play into their hands? Fuck man. Don't preach to me about patience, either. The only reason I have to be 'patient when searching' is because dudes like you continue to perpetuate the idea that stupid fucking price hikes will be paid without question.

Ive's said it before and I'll say it again: there's a reason I avoid you. You have the freedom to post wherever you want on this forum but please do me the fucking favor and try to refrain from this. Or wise up.

dizzariot
01-29-2019, 05:06 AM
Also. Putting in 'man hours searching YAJ' hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah what a fucking hard day's work. I'll totally pay some fuck $600+ on top of the market rate for lounging in his PJs searching YAj. Holy fucking shit.

Grumpy Old Asshole level over 9000 today.

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 05:10 AM
I am constantly in those threads because those are the things i like, it’s as simple as that. If i feel i can afford it at the time, i buy it. If my actions are unwise to you, idk what to tell you. But i do agree with you, with calling out things that are insanely overpriced & it will spread and others will do the same. But at the end of the day, there are only a finite amount of these items available & it’s just simple supply and demand.

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 05:12 AM
Also. Putting in 'man hours searching YAJ' hahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah what a fucking hard day's work. I'll totally pay some fuck $600+ on top of the market rate for lounging in his PJs searching YAj. Holy fucking shit.

I dont know what time you have, but some people don’t have hours in their day to be refreshing the same page over and over again and then having an ongoing bidding war with someone. He probably paid from 3-500$ for that cupholder & is selling it for double.

dizzariot
01-29-2019, 05:23 AM
Dude there's really no reaching you and I get no satisfaction out of getting you to show your hand to this forum. Keep up the good show.

This whole thread is for opinions so feel free to talk to other members here.

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 05:28 AM
Dude there's really no reaching you and I get no satisfaction out of getting you to show your hand to this forum. Keep up the good show.

This whole thread is for opinions so feel free to talk to other members here.

I litterally have nothing against you. I agree with alot you say because it is all very sound and you have a ton of amazing points. But i will leave with this. I GENUINELY believe, there will ALWAYS be someone willing to pay xxx amount of money, to give a seller no reason to lower their prices. It’s simple quality over quantity. They could care less if all the forums banned them & ig didnt accept their crap. They’d still have the facebook marketplace to run to & sell their stuff on there. I understand where you’re coming from. You want to starve them by limiting their reach. But at the end of the day, there will always be someone.

That’s my only point. We could deprive them all we want.

RB25GUY
01-29-2019, 06:17 AM
nah im almost sure he paid like 20k yen for that cup holder i saw it on auction a couple months back

dizzariot
01-29-2019, 06:46 AM
nah im almost sure he paid like 20k yen for that cup holder i saw it on auction a couple months back

You can lead a horse to water...

...but if the water is poison and has Nismo logos on it the horse is going to drink it all.

gbaby2089
01-29-2019, 07:12 AM
I'd ban a select few sellers, yeah. There's a HUGE difference between the following:

and

This is exactly it. I got a CRAZY deal on a set of TE37 years back (like 2010ish, $200 for a set in really good 88-00 Civic sizing), I listed for a couple hundred under normal TE pricing, I made a nice profit, someone else still got a deal they could be totally happy with.

Would I do the same thing these days? No, I'm not a broke high school kid anymore, I'd just keep the wheels for myself.

Seriously, what a joke. I've been searching for a couple wheels for over a year, I check YAJ daily. It takes 3 minutes a day to check all the possible names both of them could be under. Once I find stuff, I send an email to streeter, by the time the wheels are here I've invested a maximum of 15 minutes to things.

I dont know what time you have, but some people don’t have hours in their day to be refreshing the same page over and over again and then having an ongoing bidding war with someone. He probably paid from 3-500$ for that cupholder & is selling it for double.

lol you don't have to refresh over & over, dork.

tuzzio
01-29-2019, 08:06 AM
I have no issue with flippers until you're price gouging.

Buying at current market value, and asking more, makes you an idiot, and drives up the cost for everyone else. However, thats part of life.

I do a ton with pitbikes...lots of part outs, trading and flipping. The same way members do here with these chassis. But most times with a part out, you can ask market or below market value to move your product based on volume, and not margin. Its mind boggling how long people will sit on parts just to make a dollar. In my opinion, its just a shitty "business" model.

also, anyone who has xr50/crf50/klx110/drz110 parts...hit me up. especially if you have anything fiveo, joker, sano, down components etc..

Corbic
01-29-2019, 08:47 AM

So

FUCKING

What?

:picardfp:

Don't like it, don't pay for it. Don't have time to wastes hours and hours to find a $400 cup-holder.. then let someone else do it for you and pay the $500 premium for their services.

You and others are advocating Communism. Good/Service is to expensive (according to your opinion), so you want the community (Government) to force a policy to limit pricing.

You know what would happen if prices drop to much? People will just throw the shit away and you'll never get it.

You want to know the "capitalist" solution? Be like DorkiDooki and start making stuff. I used to argue with the dood all the time, but I will give him credit. He likes ugly rare body kits and instead of crying about paying insane prices for busted up old ugly aero - he just started making his own and selling it to people to make a profit.

This is how most other communities work. Want some rare Saleen wheels or a Cobra bumper, SVT shift knob? Guess what, guys go out and make replicas of them and sell them for good prices. If you are obsessed with original, then you can pay the premium - but if you just like the style and want a functional shift-knob, you can now buy one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/51d52bcdd20761b9c7f408a1f6b2a264.jpg

Cobra shift knobs have been out of production for a while, a NOS is over $100 now I believe and are getting rare. Luckily, LMR decided to start making replicas under their SVE brand. You can even get a 5spd version if you have a regular GT and have the Cobra look.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/57908e212dbe34e7cfa28d43eca73758.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/fef1ff724b70014bb61ea7c933d2e54f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/e3a32ada8943ad5e9ac9d673e96fbca9.jpg

So with all that said, you want a Nismo cupholder? Just have one made or custom make one. If it really must be "authentic"... well then you should gladly pay the $1000, because that just adds to the pop of "wow thats an authentic nismo cup holder, dood must have paid a fortune!, so fucking rare!"

Fuck, I thought Mercedes Benz was off its rocker wanting $180 for a cupholder to a $150,000 truck. :picardfp:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/3d2bb60629a47371483c1b5f59d5147a.jpg

spooled240
01-29-2019, 09:25 AM
I have to agree...as much as I hate these people that think they are the next Mark Cuban selling "rare old logo nismo [insert item from YAJ here]" items at insane markups and their #hustlegang hashtags.. if there are idiots willing to pay for it that justifies their prices in a strictly economical sense.

It sucks, but you're competing with the next idiot buyer who is willing to pay $400+ for a fucking shift knob. I just laugh and buy a "new logo" Nismo for $40 and save the $350 towards a turbo or something that actually has some respectable engineering and R&D behind it that would justify the price.

TheBlackHand
01-29-2019, 10:14 AM
There's a saying I heard years ago in school..."The price a seller paid for an item is irrelevant. As long as you the buyer are OK paying for the asking price then that's all that matters." or something to that extent.

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 11:07 AM
There's a saying I heard years ago in school..."The price a seller paid for an item is irrelevant. As long as you the buyer are OK paying for the asking price then that's all that matters." or something to that extent.

Yeah & someone will always have a stupid amount of money to blow on these parts just because they can.

gbaby2089
01-29-2019, 11:11 AM
corbic, can you make one post that doesn't manage to come off like a redneck shouting underneath a rusty Mustang II

TheBlackHand
01-29-2019, 11:33 AM
Yeah & someone will always have a stupid amount of money to blow on these parts just because they can.

Sure but it's their money to spend as they see fit. This is America. We're brainwashed from birth by our culture to be good consumers and buy shit we don't need.

jedi03
01-29-2019, 01:20 PM
another case and point, i see pokemon cards goin for hundeds of dollars...been debating about when to sell my collection light of that...is all perceived value so hoever is buying is what sets the price...its frustrating but nice to make some money when its in your favor!

Corbic
01-29-2019, 01:49 PM
another case and point, i see pokemon cards goin for hundeds of dollars...been debating about when to sell my collection light of that...is all perceived value so hoever is buying is what sets the price...its frustrating but nice to make some money when its in your favor!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190129/b7b8ecc354b0912c67bd79f1b0a9c8d3.jpg

Corbic
01-29-2019, 06:19 PM
So here is an example of guys doing exactly what I said people should do. Rather then crying about the rarity of Thrash Racing seats and paying $2,000 for some beat up pile of leopard skinned junk.. they just brought the brand back.

https://www.thrashracing.com/

Kinda sucks now that my S13 is gone.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190130/b0edad3a2bfe261ab72a8ddb408dd27a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190130/7538d89a83c8bc55f618a78f246aa694.jpg

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 06:53 PM
So here is an example of guys doing exactly what I said people should do. Rather then crying about the rarity of Thrash Racing seats and paying $2,000 for some beat up pile of leopard skinned junk.. they just brought the brand back.

I love the new thrash racing & im not sure the logistics of the brand & how it coincides with the original brand. But im 99% sure most people wouldn’t call any of the new stuff “replica/fake”. Which is great for them but the second you start reproducing other parts that aren’t in production any more. It starts getting into the realm of replica parts, like i absoloutely love what dorki dori is doing with his platform & bringing aero to an audience that would otherwise have no access to that & i personally run his type x front lip because it’s affordable and durable. Yeah it’s a “replica” piece but i personally am not down to spend 1k on a piece that has already been hit numerous of times & some people strictly want authenticism. They don’t care if its a 1:1 replica using the same materials and everything. If it wasn’t made by said company, then they won’t even think about it. Idk it’s such a blurred line with all this stuff. Honestly though at the end of the day. If you are able to find what you like for your car & buy it. Then who cares tbh.

collegekid
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
https://media.licdn.com/media/gcrc/dms/image/C5612AQH1hMKDL3-xMw/article-cover_image-shrink_600_2000/0?e=1554336000&v=beta&t=Ep-uzPjxdmycwl5FswodqicdZ0z1PJKNnbtotSgESW4

Prolly some shit those $600 cupholder retailers would say

Corbic
01-29-2019, 07:23 PM
some people strictly want authenticism. They don’t care if its a 1:1 replica using the same materials and everything. If it wasn’t made by said company, then they won’t even think about it. Idk it’s such a blurred line with all this stuff. Honestly though at the end of the day. If you are able to find what you like for your car & buy it. Then who cares tbh.

This is why the 240sx/import community is full of douche nozzle hype beast fan boys. This is why a stupid cup holder is $500.

Ain't nobody got time to care if you have a "legit" SVT shift knob or OEM Cobra foglights in the domestic community. Want bragging rights? Build a fast car.

dizzariot
01-29-2019, 07:32 PM
I love the new thrash racing & im not sure the logistics of the brand & how it coincides with the original brand. But im 99% sure most people wouldn’t call any of the new stuff “replica/fake”. Which is great for them but the second you start reproducing other parts that aren’t in production any more. It starts getting into the realm of replica parts, like i absoloutely love what dorki dori is doing with his platform & bringing aero to an audience that would otherwise have no access to that & i personally run his type x front lip because it’s affordable and durable. Yeah it’s a “replica” piece but i personally am not down to spend 1k on a piece that has already been hit numerous of times & some people strictly want authenticism. They don’t care if its a 1:1 replica using the same materials and everything. If it wasn’t made by said company, then they won’t even think about it. Idk it’s such a blurred line with all this stuff. Honestly though at the end of the day. If you are able to find what you like for your car & buy it. Then who cares tbh.

...so you're going to act like kids just like you won't STILL pay $2k for one of the "OMG OG BEFORE THE REBIRTH" seats. Yeah. Hey guys the dude that justifies $600 on Nismo cup holders draws the line at OEM Type X lips. You know why? The hype just isn't there.

Corbic, what's so communist about us 'fighting back' against a 'tyrannical regime' (attempting to play into this idea) of shitty fucking prices. I'm not talking about passing legislation to keep the prices down. I'm talking about boycotting to stop assholes from laughing all the way to the bank. How in the fuck is that communism. These assholes control the market, right? Because people keep paying their shit prices, right? What's so fucking 'communist' about taking control back by refusing to pay that shitty mark up...or do you just like using buzzwords.

God, I missed you. Please try to keep Ford out of your response, if it's possible. You have to cut Zilvia in on your profits if you're sponsored.

...AND RESIZE YOUR GOD DAMN FUCKING PICTURES.

Jo_Galezo
01-29-2019, 07:39 PM
This is why the 240sx/import community is full of douche nozzle hype beast fan boys. This is why a stupid cup holder is $500.

Ain't nobody got time to care if you have a "legit" SVT shift knob or OEM Cobra foglights in the domestic community. Want bragging rights? Build a fast car.

The point isnt “anyone caring if i have legit stuff” its about the fact that im able to own something that has history. I could care less about what anyone thinks. The fact that im happy that im able to own that awesome piece i spent half a year looking for is a great feeling. Im one of the few dozen people that owns said item. Thats the reason i do it. But everyone has their own reason. I genuinely could care less about a fast car. I live in manhattan, the speed limit is 25mph and it’s constant bumper to bumper traffic, where am i gonna go?