View Full Version : Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 04:18 AM
lol @ "racecar"

RalliartRsX
08-11-2020, 08:32 AM
End of an era

Parted out y VET 6 speed Z32 last week. Sold all the parts (kept all the VET parts for myself) in less than 3 days, and the shell was picked up last night @ 1:30 AM (long story as, with no fault of the new buyer, the trailer lost the hitch.....so stayed up to make sure he made it here. Wrapped up at 2:45...up by 6:30....yeah I am dragging)

This is the first time in 14 years I have not owned a Nissan product :(

End of an era

Parted out y VET 6 speed Z32 last week. Sold all the parts (kept all the VET parts for myself) in less than 3 days, and the shell was picked up last night @ 1:30 AM (long story as, with no fault of the new buyer, the trailer lost the hitch.....so stayed up to make sure he made it here. Wrapped up at 2:45...up by 6:30....yeah I am dragging)

End of an era

Parted out the VET Z32 and sold the shell last night. Part out started Monday, every part was sold within 3 days and the shell was picked up last night @ 1:30AM (long story, but the gentleman lost the retaining pin for the hitch mount....yeah)

This is the first time in 14 years I haven't owned a Nissan product.

P.S The worked out VET head, the forged block, IM, turbo manifold and turbo are being stashed away, so I will be in hiding, but not gone. If a S15 pops up, I am holding those over for that :)

exitspeed
08-11-2020, 08:32 AM
lol @ "racecar"

Not a race car?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/8e1f88cfef319982c958d96c3451611d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 08:37 AM
Not a race car?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/8e1f88cfef319982c958d96c3451611d.jpg

Yea, cause that white evo that was posted is the same car u posted

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 08:38 AM
End of an era

Congrats?! Lol been many times i thought of selln my s14 and moving on.. just couldnt/cant. Figured its $ already spent and gone. Not hurting anything just sitn there lol

RalliartRsX
08-11-2020, 08:47 AM
Congrats?! Lol been many times i thought of selln my s14 and moving on.. just couldnt/cant. Figured its $ already spent and gone. Not hurting anything just sitn there lol

I hear ya! I kinda liquidated for a seemingly simpler setup and just freed up cash

spooled240
08-11-2020, 09:12 AM
Serious question: would anyone build a 240 with today's prices and parts scarcity?

lol @ "racecar"

You're right, my Evo is not a racecar. It was a joke pivoting off of our previous discussion on societal pressures on anyone in their 30's and 40's that aren't driving mature and luxurious vehicles being seen as immature. Furthermore, if these people in these middle age brackets are seen driving something that vaguely resembles a racecar then they are perceived as driving a racecar to the vast majority of people that are not car enthusiasts. As you can imagine, this is a common situation for me and I was simply stating that I do not give a fuck.

exitspeed
08-11-2020, 09:20 AM

No it?s not EXACTLY the same but it IS the same car. I?d definitely consider an Evo in ?racecar? territory. I mean they need very little to go from the white one to the one I posted.

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 09:48 AM
Serious question: would anyone build a 240 with today's prices and parts scarcity?

You're right, my Evo is not a racecar. It was a joke pivoting off of our previous discussion on societal pressures on anyone in their 30's and 40's that aren't driving mature and luxurious vehicles being seen as immature. Furthermore, if these people in these middle age brackets are seen driving something that vaguely resembles a racecar then they are perceived as driving a racecar to the vast majority of people that are not car enthusiasts. As you can imagine, this is a common situation for me and I was simply stating that I do not give a fuck.

I know it was a joke, i was responding jokingly...but exitspeed over here thinks its a f1 racecar

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 09:49 AM
No it?s not EXACTLY the same but it IS the same car. I?d definitely consider an Evo in ?racecar? territory. I mean they need very little to go from the white one to the one I posted.

If u think a factory evo is a "racecar" then u fukn retarted

Sorry for the double post

spooled240
08-11-2020, 11:03 AM
I know it was a joke, i was responding jokingly...but exitspeed over here thinks its a f1 racecar

Well the car is technically based on a racecar and I think that's what he meant.

deolio
08-11-2020, 12:28 PM

Stacking parts for my third currently. The hunt for the rare parts at decent prices can be fun when it?s not frustrating :bash:

KA24DESOneThree
08-11-2020, 03:52 PM

Hell yes. And I'd build a 240 despite the fact that they're nearly 180 degrees off my profession of restoring vintage European cars.

But if I build another 240, I might miss the chance to experience a nice Integra or Civic. If I build another 240, I might not get to try a Corolla GT-S or an '04 STi or an Evo VI Tommi Makinen or Elise.

Anyone got any stock tips?

dizzariot
08-11-2020, 03:53 PM
I'm saying any car bought as anything beyond basic transportation, especially those that are 'status symbols' are immature.

[\QUOTE]

I can see your point here.

[QUOTE=gbaby2089;6390982]

And there's nothing wrong with that! We should just own up and say I bought this thing because I wanted it.

Outgrowing a car because you no longer enjoy it? Sure.

Outgrowing a car because somehow it is arbitrarily 'under' your maturity level? Not a real thing.

Boomers are out driving around in 1930's-60's hot rods with big flames on the sides & loud exhausts, that isn't really any different from an S14 with M Sports aero, SR and SSR Minerva. Neither is any more or less mature than the other, nor than a C63 AMG with its OEM ECU producing a bevy of fart noises on overrun.

That's all I'm saying. Exitspeed picked a bad word to frame things, he's already essentially expressed as much. That's the whole argument.

...and here.

...but this I disagree with. I think that type of style falls under what you call 'keeping up with the joneses'.

So this MAYBE falls into the maturity thing: If you pull a dizzariot and spend a little more for a perfectly running, OEM example, then yes. I think a lot of dudes make themselves hate the 'process' because they buy something that requires a ton of maintenance before you can even drive, let alone purchase 'exciting' things for the car.

So yes, I'd buy another good example, and maybe build a motor on the side. In the meantime I can still drive the car when I get bored. I always thought I'd get heavily into building motors to dump into an SChassis car but I just got content with preservation. If you buy something nice outright, you're chillin.

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 04:13 PM
Here i am..owned s-chassis cars for 16 years.

I just took my 97 s14 that ive owned for 12 years, stripped it bare shell, and built it the way ive always imagined it. With no rush, no cutting corners. I use to daily the car. Slammed, aero, sr20, but everything was rigged and slapped together. Nothing proper. I final had the time todo it(not my daily anymore) and could afford the project. Was it financially smart todo? Idk depends who u ask... will it ever drive like a new car? No, but im not filling those rolls with this car. Ive driven it 100 miles now( pulled the motor back out to rebuild it) but the time driving it, i couldnt stop smiling. Was the most enjoyable 240 ive owned. It was pure heaven and what ive always wanted achieved from my builds. My advice ive given to the younger kids getn into this hobby...have a normal daily, solid transportation, it will help u in work, family and just life. Built a project car on the side.

exitspeed
08-11-2020, 04:50 PM
If u think a factory evo is a "racecar" then u fukn retarted

Sorry for the double post

Man I can?t believe people still use that word. It?s up there with the N word and f*g.

But anyway...you know wtf I mean.

Does everything have to be an argument with you guys? It?s no wonder I?m so fucking cranky on here.

afishysilvia
08-11-2020, 04:52 PM
If you’re not building a 240 or Z why the fuck are you on this forum haha

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 05:07 PM
Man I can?t believe people still use that word. It?s up there with the N word and f*g.

Does everything have to be an argument with you guys? It?s no wonder I?m so fucking cranky on here.

Mentally handicap...........

And no its not up there with the n-word or f-word

Lmao

Corbic
08-11-2020, 05:12 PM

Does everything have to be an argument with you guys? It?s no wonder I?m so fucking cranky on here.What's wrong with Racecar?

deolio
08-11-2020, 05:22 PM
If you?re not building a 240 or Z why the fuck are you on this forum haha

Right?! Sure seems like the most active members on here these days have sold their s/z-chassis and are just sticking around to talk shit :keke:

exitspeed
08-11-2020, 06:32 PM
If you?re not building a 240 or Z why the fuck are you on this forum haha

Pretty much for the Future RWD thread and the fact I?ve been handing out on here for damn near 20 years. I mostly ignore the rest of the forum. Thanks for asking though.

S14rebuild
08-11-2020, 06:38 PM
Glad uve decided to stick around...almost 10 yrs off zilvia, great comen back and seening it going strong...the 1 local to my area forum, i was a top active member died out completely, and i refuse to have any social media presence, so zilvia is my only outlet to be annoying on

dizzariot
08-11-2020, 06:53 PM
Pretty much for the Future RWD thread and the fact I?ve been handing out on here for damn near 20 years. I mostly ignore the rest of the forum. Thanks for asking though.

1. Being cranky in the thread for being cranky is highly encouraged.

2. Being offended by words is also part of that.

3. Being on Zilvia is also a prerequisite for 1 & 2.

MrMigs
08-11-2020, 09:04 PM
Here i am..owned s-chassis cars for 16 years.

I just took my 97 s14 that ive owned for 12 years, stripped it bare shell, and built it the way ive always imagined it. With no rush, no cutting corners. I use to daily the car. Slammed, aero, sr20, but everything was rigged and slapped together. Nothing proper. I final had the time todo it(not my daily anymore) and could afford the project. Was it financially smart todo? Idk depends who u ask... will it ever drive like a new car? No, but im not filling those rolls with this car. Ive driven it 100 miles now( pulled the motor back out to rebuild it) but the time driving it, i couldnt stop smiling. Was the most enjoyable 240 ive owned. It was pure heaven and what ive always wanted achieved from my builds. My advice ive given to the younger kids getn into this hobby...have a normal daily, solid transportation, it will help u in work, family and just life. Built a project car on the side.

Nah screw that son :) I daily my drift car lolol you best believe I use it for everything from going to work, going on dates, tracking, cruising by the beach, mountains. 18 years of ownership and 424,000 miles. I've wanted other new cars, but (to me) they just never had the same combination of fun, connectedness, ease of repair, appearance, and cost of ownership. :2f2f:

spooled240
08-11-2020, 09:49 PM
Nah screw that son :) I daily my drift car lolol you best believe I use it for everything from going to work, going on dates, tracking, cruising by the beach, mountains. 18 years of ownership and 424,000 miles. I've wanted other new cars, but (to me) they just never had the same combination of fun, connectedness, ease of repair, appearance, and cost of ownership. :2f2f:That's amazing. The car must be at a reasonable ride height with OEM aero. I could easily drive my s14 everyday but at its current height and aggressive aero its such a drag to drive. I've contemplated raising it up or even going back to all OEM aero because it took a lot of the fun out of driving it.

MrMigs
08-11-2020, 10:07 PM
That's amazing. The car must be at a reasonable ride height with OEM aero. I could easily drive my s14 everyday but at its current height and aggressive aero its such a drag to drive. I've contemplated raising it up or even going back to all OEM aero because it took a lot of the fun out of driving it.

It does have OEM aero now. I'd say the ride height is respectable... tucking a little bit of tire, not much stretch.. maybe just slight. Stretch is nice... it's just that the fkn railroad tracks dent the crap out of wheels with that setup if I don't see them in time to slow down.

My car has had phases... I mean, I used to do full aero with zip-tied bumpers about 10 years ago. And you know how that goes... hit a bump in the road and eject my fiberglass bumper into the intersection. A cop sees... thinks I'm driving drunk, but I'm not LOL. It was ... pretty fukn hilarious times to be honest, but these days I just don't feel like dealing with it hahaha

SupaDoopa
08-12-2020, 06:45 AM
I mean, I don't daily any of my toy cars - and I call them that because race car usually means dedicated track cars worth more than a house which mine are not as I do take them out for a cruise once in a while - as they weren't really built for mountain driving or hitting the beach. They're just not practical for any of that. Having a nice, comfortable, reliable daily that has a warranty and rental on it in case shit goes bad is nice. Peace of mind goes a long way. If you're justifying driving your 20+ year old 240 because you 'like driving it every day,' you must be broke, stupid or both because my spinal chord disagrees with you. 90's cars will drive they were built in the 90's. Late model cars will drive like grandpappy just got back from the war with a shit back and doesn't want to feel any road feedback when he hits people crossing the road.

jr_ss
08-12-2020, 07:48 AM
I think an apology to the guy offended would serve a great deal here. A mod screwed up, got called out and they ghost this thread without the courtesy of doing so. Take responsibility for your actions as all other members would are required to. You aren?t better than us...

MrMigs
08-12-2020, 09:07 AM
Never had a reason not to drive this 20 year old car. Maybe your spine is weak or you're overweight. Or you modded your car to the point where it sucks to drive it. Dunno what to tell ya.

afishysilvia
08-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Never had a reason not to drive this 20 year old car. Maybe your spine is weak or you're overweight. Or you modded your car to the point where it sucks to drive it. Dunno what to tell ya.

Spineless is the term...often happens with men nowadays.

spooled240
08-12-2020, 10:45 AM
Yeah idk. My s14 could be daily'd 100% but it's mostly because it still has working AC, heat, radio, full interior and softer spring rates. I think I just need to throw the JDM front bumper on it or raise the whole car up..maybe both.

Maturity level isn't dictated by car choice, but rather the amount of absurdity (scraping, angled driveway entry/exits) that you're willing to deal with.

dizzariot
08-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Maturity level isn't dictated by car choice, but rather the amount of absurdity (scraping, angled driveway entry/exits) that you're willing to deal with.

This is another really good way to put it lol.

I think an apology to the guy offended would serve a great deal here. A mod screwed up, got called out and they ghost this thread without the courtesy of doing so. Take responsibility for your actions as all other members would are required to. You aren?t better than us...

Wait what mod ghosted this thread? What's going on...?

SupaDoopa
08-12-2020, 04:28 PM
My S14 Silvia is not something I want to daily because as I previously stated, it's a toy. It's made to perform on a track - not on the street. It has nothing to do with my weight or my spine or whatever other stupid shit you're spewing. I also have no reason to go off and daily my S14 every day when I specifically purchased a comfortable car to do so.

Maybe you daily yours because you're broke or stupid. Don't know what to tell ya.

FaLKoN240
08-12-2020, 04:58 PM

You're right. I posted his IP address as proof that he was creating another account to troll with.

The IP address which isn't as incriminating as you or anyone else would be lead to believe.

I'm sorry.

Are you happy now?

zombiewolf513
08-12-2020, 05:09 PM
If it isnt incriminating, then how does it prove he was creating another account?

keioffice
08-12-2020, 05:15 PM
You're right. I posted his IP address as proof that he was creating another account to troll with.

The IP address which isn't as incriminating as you or anyone else would be lead to believe.

I'm sorry.

Are you happy now?

Wrong. Made the other account because I didn't remember the password to my this account because it is so old (2005). Then I found an old file with my password for this account. I don't think the other account even had any posts. You got mad at what I said, not that I had 2 accounts. I do appreciate you crossing out the IP though, you were man enough to do that.

FaLKoN240
08-12-2020, 05:16 PM
If it isnt incriminating, then how does it prove he was creating another account?

Having a duplicate account of a banned account is worthy of an IP ban.

Wrong. Made the other account because I didn't remember the password to my this account because it is so old (2005). Then I found an old file with my password for this account. I don't think the other account even had any posts. You got mad at what I said, not that I had 2 accounts.

I'm sorry I exposed your IP address. Let's move on.

S14rebuild
08-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Why no ban then?

keioffice
08-12-2020, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry I exposed your IP address. Let's move on.

Sorry you got so rumbled by what I said, didn't mean to hurt your sensibilities.

Having a duplicate account of a banned account is worthy of an IP ban.

I don't think the other account is banned though... Oh now I get it, like I said I forgot my password to this account that I made in 2005. I tried to make that other account but not recently, it was never approved. I ended up finding my password for this one. Don't try and act like I just recently tried to make that other account lmao to troll, lmao. And it is kind of racist to assume because someone uses german words they are a nazi. Oh and yes I edited this because I saw you were trying to infer I just recently made the other account to troll, no I just didn't remember the password to this one. Later

Why no ban then?

because the other account was never banned because it was never approved in the first place :keke:
And I never made it with the intention to troll, I made it because I forgot my password to this one.

KA24DESOneThree
08-12-2020, 05:41 PM
He apologized, it doesn't need a response. Shut the fuck up and let the thread continue.

kingkilburn
08-12-2020, 09:39 PM
Being a loud mouth racist fuck is ban-able too. Maybe count your blessings and shut up about it already.

keioffice
08-13-2020, 04:06 AM
Being a loud mouth racist fuck is ban-able too. Maybe count your blessings and shut up about it already.

Never said anything racist Mr. Popo

Corbic
08-13-2020, 08:42 AM
Being a loud mouth racist fuck is ban-able too. Maybe count your blessings and shut up about it already.Says the guy with blackface avatar...

Phlip
08-13-2020, 11:09 AM
Damn, do I need to move this thread to Loud Noises?

kingkilburn
08-13-2020, 11:59 AM
Mr Popo resembles American racist depictions of black people but is 100% disconnected from that culture and tradition. He's also the best character on the show.

keioffice
08-13-2020, 12:14 PM
Mr Popo resembles American racist depictions of black people but is 100% disconnected from that culture and tradition. He's also the best character on the show.

100% agree with everything in this post and I am not being sarcastic.

SupaDoopa
08-13-2020, 03:26 PM
So agreeing with it and calling him Mr. Popo without referring to his avatar is in fact a racist remark even if indirectly coming out. I mean, this isn't really rock science. The shit you're saying treads on the edge of banning which we know you're fishing for. It's pretty obvious. Getting triggered over an IP being exposed is only an issue to you because with that information, your exact location can be leaked. This action of course would mean that someone may pay you a visit to your little shit box of a home, 'mate.'

It's ironic too because even with a VPN, you're on a public forum that will expose said IP because once registered, it pings you with every visit to this page regardless of whatever silly 'wall' you think you have up.

Stop being dense. If you want someone to come to your house and be your friend, specific screenshots can be reposted. :)

dizzariot
08-13-2020, 04:52 PM
...if you think for one second Japan isn?t racist as well you?re mistaken. I can legitimately walk outside to a laundromat that shows black figures walking into a laundromat and white figures coming out the other side.

He?s only the best character in DBZ *Abridged.

There is no reciprocity when it comes to these arguments, meaning individuals choose what is and isn’t racist, so neither side will agree and give the other the benefit of the doubt.

I?ve gathered SupaDoopa was in the military and I guess the humor comes with the territory. Y?all can keep trying to burn the witch at the stake if you really feel the need, but please make another thread to discuss the intricacies of race, sexual orientation, and getting shit twisted over the Internet.

keioffice
08-13-2020, 06:03 PM
So agreeing with it and calling him Mr. Popo without referring to his avatar is in fact a racist remark even if indirectly coming out. I mean, this isn't really rock science. The shit you're saying treads on the edge of banning which we know you're fishing for. It's pretty obvious. Getting triggered over an IP being exposed is only an issue to you because with that information, your exact location can be leaked. This action of course would mean that someone may pay you a visit to your little shit box of a home, 'mate.'

It's ironic too because even with a VPN, you're on a public forum that will expose said IP because once registered, it pings you with every visit to this page regardless of whatever silly 'wall' you think you have up.

Stop being dense. If you want someone to come to your house and be your friend, specific screenshots can be reposted. :)
I was referring to his/her avatar when saying Mr. Popo. I'm not sure why my "exact location" should be an issue. What is "rock science"?, and why do you care about my "exact location"? You gonna pay me a visit mate? You want to fight me or hurt me because I said something you don't like on a forum? Once the travel ban (not a real ban but forced quarantine) is up I am back to the UK, not sure why it matters though. Sounds like you want to threaten me. Show up at my "exact location", I will hand you a brew geezer. If I said something wrong report me to the mods, otherwise jog on. No one can do shit with an IP but it is shitty for a mod to post it, you sound old.

S14rebuild
08-13-2020, 06:11 PM
This shit never ends in this thread.....i LOVE IT!

keioffice
08-13-2020, 07:25 PM

Do they teach proper grammar in boot camp? Thank you for your service.

spooled240
08-13-2020, 07:37 PM
...if you think for one second Japan isn?t racist as well you?re mistaken. I can legitimately walk outside to a laundromat that shows black figures walking into a laundromat and white figures coming out the other side.

I'm still wondering what this is..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200814/3ad0fa792b385971d9faaf32d93516de.gif

keioffice
08-13-2020, 07:49 PM
I'm still wondering what this is..https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200814/3ad0fa792b385971d9faaf32d93516de.gif

Shadows are racist, get with the program.

shaggyjake
08-14-2020, 02:31 AM
He?s only the best character in DBZ *Abridged.

...all these squares make a circle...all these squares make a circle...

SupaDoopa
08-14-2020, 02:42 PM
Do they teach proper grammar in boot camp? Thank you for your service.

It took almost an hour and a half to think of such a clever afterthought? Maybe I'll go back to basic training and see if I left my dictionary in my locker. Thanks for the heads up.

S14rebuild
08-14-2020, 03:09 PM
Dam, i miss highschool

SupaDoopa
08-15-2020, 07:51 AM
He doesn’t. He was obviously bullied.

SupaDoopa
08-15-2020, 10:46 AM
He doesn?t. He was obviously bullied.

keioffice
08-15-2020, 11:42 AM
He doesn?t. He was obviously bullied.

Miffed, leave it out lady

KA24DESOneThree
08-16-2020, 11:29 AM
My brother and I were talking about our cars, and he's come to the realization that he wants his E46 M3 restored (by him, over a period of years, although he's doing really, really well for himself and could probably afford to have a shop do it for him).

He doesn't want it to handle better, brake better, accelerate faster, or anything else like that. He wants to make it like-new, because he likes it that way.

I feel the same way about my E36, although I do want to replace my sedan with a slicktop coupe and make it more of an LTW clone.

Horses for courses. Sometimes the factory nails it, usually in higher-end cars. BMW was really good at the ride/handling compromise back then; even the non-M cars tended to be far sportier than the competition.

That said, man I want to build another 240 for street use. I love these cars more than I should and for the cost of a good car, I could finish building a 2.5 short-stroke MFI engine for my 911. The 74k-mile '90 hatch on BaT has such a nice interior compared to the shitbox I bought last year and reminds me of my coupe's interior back in '04.

Corbic
08-16-2020, 09:02 PM
Alright, enough of the Commie bullshit. Let's get back on track.

So whatever happen to graphics Itasha cars? Early 2k that shit was taken off.

Now that we have highly advanced computers and printing systems, vinyl up the ass and amazing graphic designers everywhere... No one does it anymore.

Like wise for under glow. Saw the a Silverado with white street glow the other night, first car I've seen rocking something like that in damn near a decade.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/a702d22bc054bd3b6e89481c8a16a6ae.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/795863bd7afbbd02f6a32c321304e1fa.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200817/7aa431b00b9c2b14b42965caf0ea434b.jpg

SupaDoopa
08-17-2020, 06:20 AM
Wasn't there just a Pegasus Gundam car recently or am I imagining that?

KA24DESOneThree
08-17-2020, 08:31 AM
Itasha's still around, being perpetuated by weebs who think ahegao sweatshirts are hilarious and who bought Belle Delphine's bath water "as a joke."

They're the ones asking about it on Reddit, at least. If there was an anime based on the 1967 F1 season, I'd probably have anime Jim Clark on my car.

gbaby2089
08-17-2020, 08:44 AM
Alright, enough of the Commie bullshit. Let's get back on track.

So whatever happen to graphics Itasha cars? Early 2k that shit was taken off.

Now that we have highly advanced computers and printing systems, vinyl up the ass and amazing graphic designers everywhere... No one does it anymore.

Like wise for under glow. Saw the a Silverado with white street glow the other night, first car I've seen rocking something like that in damn near a decade.

It's ugly. Doesn't seem that hard to understand.

brndck
08-17-2020, 09:30 AM
theres still a number of itasha cars in my area.
theres even a honda accord with full itasha I see driving around every few weeks
i'm not weeb enough to recognize any of the characters, but they some big tiddy anime bishes.

*edit* no idea why it duplicated my post like that

spooled240
08-17-2020, 09:37 AM
I was gonna say..here in CA it's rare, but you do still see cars like that. The underglow also.

Phlip
08-17-2020, 02:16 PM
theres even a honda accord with full itasha I see driving around every few weeks
i'm not weeb enough to recognize any of the characters, but they some big tiddy anime bishes.

Are you having a stroke?

spooled240
08-17-2020, 02:34 PM
Zilvia's server is having a stroke

dizzariot
08-17-2020, 03:35 PM
He doesn't want it to handle better, brake better, accelerate faster, or anything else like that. He wants to make it like-new, because he likes it that way.

Preach. This is like, my whole world maaaaaaan.

Also. You can't have an itasha car and not be a fucking weeb. It is scientifically impossible.

FaLKoN240
08-17-2020, 04:23 PM

Are you having a stroke?

I merged all three of his triplicate posts into one instead of deleting them :s101:

brndck
08-17-2020, 04:42 PM
I merged all three of his triplicate posts into one instead of deleting them :s101:

thanks scott, Idk how or why it posted like that.

Flicktitty
08-17-2020, 08:14 PM

Oddly enough under glow / street glow is getting super popular again in my area....

.... unfortunately. But you're right a ton of big bro trucks and jeeps with it.

dorkidori_s13
08-18-2020, 07:46 AM
...but they some big tiddy anime bishes.

those are just the best :boink: :boink: :boink:

kingkilburn
08-18-2020, 12:21 PM
Car culture goes back and forth with form vs function. S chassis seems more function driven while a lot of Honda stuff seems more form driven. BRZs and FRSs are form out the ass despite the ease of functional upgrades. Underglow, rainbow led tail lights, cheesey wrap jobs, "billet" climate control knobs...

I think we've been insulated from a lot of that side of tuner culture here. Hard parking pseudo track cars and show cars always got laughed out the door.

Corbic
08-18-2020, 12:23 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200818/1c3aaf2c5b49cd4062217aad664a39b5.jpg

How the fuck has this not happened yet?

We have Operating System Waifus and not one, but two videogames/collections of WW2 ships as Waifus...

(I'm sure there is plenty more that I'm unaware of).

Corbic
08-18-2020, 12:29 PM
I think we've been insulated from a lot of that side of tuner culture here. Hard parking pseudo track cars and show cars always got laughed out the door.

Fuck you talking about...

You got guys paying $500 for a cup holder and guys who rust their hoods on purpose in the 240 community...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200818/7bfaf596cae0bf21078654ab1bd2ca89.jpg

Then we all jerk it to those ~2005 D1 cars with the BN and Hot Road body kits with glitter paint and OPTION Video.JP decals

gbaby2089
08-18-2020, 01:18 PM
Car culture goes back and forth with form vs function. S chassis seems more function driven while a lot of Honda stuff seems more form driven. BRZs and FRSs are form out the ass despite the ease of functional upgrades. Underglow, rainbow led tail lights, cheesey wrap jobs, "billet" climate control knobs...

My guy, other than Miatas Hondas are essentially the number one cheap track car option.

SupaDoopa
08-18-2020, 02:34 PM
My guy, other than Miatas Hondas are essentially the number one cheap track car option.

Probably because people who are serious about the track invest a significant amount of money into their cars. Miatas and Hondas are competitive to a point and usually only with eachother. Then above their limitations are where the real car classes begin.

deolio
08-18-2020, 03:55 PM
Probably because people who are serious about the track invest a significant amount of money into their cars. Miatas and Hondas are competitive to a point and usually only with eachother. Then above their limitations are where the real car classes begin.

lmaowut hondas and miatas are always killing "real cars"

Corbic
08-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Probably because people who are serious about the track invest a significant amount of money into their cars. Miatas and Hondas are competitive to a point and usually only with eachother. Then above their limitations are where the real car classes begin.Yup.

Old Japanese junk ain't got shit on a C5Z. Those can be had for $15k these days.

KA24DESOneThree
08-18-2020, 06:34 PM
And then you have to grow your chest hair out, wear unbuttoned off-brand polos and gold chains.

A $15k Miata will get you something pretty damn fast- you could probably replicate Ryan Passey's turbo car from a couple years ago with that. You might be able to replicate his LFX Miata with that budget if you're a fabricator (and a horse trader and have industry hookups) and he ran a 1:49.777 at Chuckwalla with only 300whp. That's 2.5 seconds faster than the closest Vette, which was a C6 Grand Sport with a 150whp advantage- and a 1,025lb disadvantage.

I'm 0.2xx seconds behind a C5Z on a Horse Thief Mile lap board. That was on cycled-out Ecsta XS' and he was on V700s. He had 240whp and 920lbs on me. When you take horsepower out of the equation, C5Zs aren't that fast because they're still pigs.

Corbic
08-18-2020, 06:59 PM
And then you have to grow your chest hair out, wear unbuttoned off-brand polos and gold chains.

A $15k Miata will get you something pretty damn fast- you could probably replicate Ryan Passey's turbo car from a couple years ago with that. You might be able to replicate his LFX Miata with that budget if you're a fabricator (and a horse trader and have industry hookups) and he ran a 1:49.777 at Chuckwalla with only 300whp. That's 2.5 seconds faster than the closest Vette, which was a C6 Grand Sport with a 150whp advantage- and a 1,025lb disadvantage.

I'm 0.2xx seconds behind a C5Z on a Horse Thief Mile lap board. That was on cycled-out Ecsta XS' and he was on V700s. He had 240whp and 920lbs on me. When you take horsepower out of the equation, C5Zs aren't that fast because they're still pigs.For someone to claim to know so much... You seem to know so little.

What class was your turbo LSX $15k home fabricated, gutted go-karted Miata running when it beat a stock C5Z?

I'm sure I can go dig up some retarded modified Fox or C4 that destroys whatever Miata you can find.

Point remains a C5Z is an insane bargain right now that out of the box smashes almost anything you can get for that price point (stock).

It's also an outstanding platform to build off. Full R(etard) ace cars are in the 2,600lb range.

KA24DESOneThree
08-18-2020, 08:29 PM
I didn't realize our goalposts were on wheels, my bad. You put $15k out there as the point at which "Old Japanese junk ain't got shit on a C5Z."

I put my 125whp lap and Passey's 1:49.777 out there as examples of old Japanese junk that got shit on a C5Z. The C5Z is absolutely a great platform, but that doesn't mean it's not a heavy pig and some of us like our cars light.

kingkilburn
08-18-2020, 09:35 PM
There is a big massive impenetrable wall between tuner car culture and autocross stuff. No one doing the Honda tuner shit or the ratted out miatas are doing track days.

The fuck off ain't care missile car bullshit grew out of dick riding track cars with no culture of motorsports on this side of the Pacific. I know details and context are difficult but try and keep track.

spooled240
08-18-2020, 09:36 PM
3,100 lbs is a 'pig'?

What's a 3,800 lb GT-R considered? Lol

kingkilburn
08-18-2020, 09:39 PM
A much much faster car in an area of performance a C5 isn't touching without a bunch of money.

Any other bullshit we want to compare that isn't in the same solar system as apples to apples?

kingkilburn
08-18-2020, 09:42 PM
You know what. If we're just naming cars and hitting arguments like Ben Shapiro I'm out. This shit with corbic only ever goes one way. Have fun with your sn95 or whatever.

Corbic
08-18-2020, 11:10 PM
A much much faster car in an area of performance a C5 isn't touching without a bunch of money.

Any other bullshit we want to compare that isn't in the same solar system as apples to apples?Well considering an R35 used is still a $50k car...

And a R34 is 3,500lbs and wild get lapped by a Cobalt.

Corbic
08-18-2020, 11:17 PM
You know what. If we're just naming cars and hitting arguments like Ben Shapiro I'm out. This shit with corbic only ever goes one way. Have fun with your sn95 or whatever.Leave your politics out of it.

My point on the C5Z is that it's still a rad 90's ride that is track focused with some serious pop for the dollar right now.

90's JDM has got to a point its retard expensive or just unobtainable rare.

FC3S Turbo II, VR4, 300ZX TT, JDM S13, S14, R32 (RWD), SW20, DC2, EM1.... All $15k+ cars these days.

240's I only see one of two ways anymore.

Heavily modified LS, 2JZ +500hp, caged out, suspension out, gutted race cars for $12k+

Or busted up, gutted, rusty multi colored non-running projects (aka rotisserie restoration) for $4k.

deolio
08-19-2020, 12:51 AM
driving my ass off to keep up > struggling to not lose

afishysilvia
08-19-2020, 01:43 AM
240's I only see one of two ways anymore.

Heavily modified LS, 2JZ +500hp, caged out, suspension out, gutted race cars for $12k+.

This is many but not all...these just go in phases. Does any 240 owner go through a full resto all new seals, moldings, clips?

After owner 6 S-Chassis, and a few different motor (own Ls and 2J currently) and previously have had a rotary, I find myself clinging back to the 240. I can easily afford something else or newer but why? So I can be relevant to the car world who only cares about fucking pandem and fuckstupid wheel specs? Blah....blow me.

BryanSayWhat
08-19-2020, 06:46 AM
And a R34 is 3,500lbs and wild get lapped by a Cobalt.Please tell me you don't actually believe that internet made up BS? The one where the Cobalt SS/TC is 5sec faster than a R34 GTR on Nurburgring.

There was never an "Official" R34 GTR Nurburgring lap time. The "supposed" 8:28.10 time on fastestlaps.com was found on "autocar.co.uk" and was said to be done with the factory restricted speed of 112 mph (180 km/h).

The closest thing to an "Official" R34 GTR Nurburgring lap time was a test lap done by Kazuo Shimizu at 7:52.0. Given that the R33 GTR had an "Official" Nurburgring lap time of 8:01.00, It's not hard to believe that the R34 would put down a faster time.

Just to further put it into perspective:

R34 GTR V-Spec 1/4m: 13.1 sec
R34 GTR V-Spec II 1/4m: 12.9 sec

Cobalt SS/TC 1/4m: 14.1 -13.9 sec

R34 GTR V-Spec II Tsukuba lap time: 1:04.89 (2001 Best Motoring)

SupaDoopa
08-19-2020, 07:05 AM
Well I'm glad someone realized that racing on a track has classes for kids who 'replicate' boosted out Miatas. Once you're in a Miata and put yourself in a class with people who have an actual investment in their car, engineering and knowledge, you'll get shit on. I mean, there are classes where a fucking Toyota Tercel leads lap time records. Does that mean it's a supreme track car? No. It means it's only good in it's CLASS. Know the difference or know how to read.

Corbic
08-19-2020, 07:39 AM
Just to further put it into perspective:

R34 GTR V-Spec 1/4m: 13.1 sec
R34 GTR V-Spec II 1/4m: 12.9 sec

Cobalt SS/TC 1/4m: 14.1 -13.9 sec

So based on this Logic, a Hellcat would destroy all on the 'Ring.

Even if the GTR is a few seconds faster then the Cobalt on a road course, it speaks volumes to the development of chassis technology that happened in just a few years.

Corbic
08-19-2020, 07:40 AM
Well I'm glad someone realized that racing on a track has classes for kids who 'replicate' boosted out Miatas. Once you're in a Miata and put yourself in a class with people who have an actual investment in their car, engineering and knowledge, you'll get shit on. I mean, there are classes where a fucking Toyota Tercel leads lap time records. Does that mean it's a supreme track car? No. It means it's only good in it's CLASS. Know the difference or know how to read.I don't always agree with SupaDoopa, but when I do, it's because he's fucking right.

gbaby2089
08-19-2020, 07:55 AM
Well I'm glad someone realized that racing on a track has classes for kids who 'replicate' boosted out Miatas. Once you're in a Miata and put yourself in a class with people who have an actual investment in their car, engineering and knowledge, you'll get shit on. I mean, there are classes where a fucking Toyota Tercel leads lap time records. Does that mean it's a supreme track car? No. It means it's only good in it's CLASS. Know the difference or know how to read.

Oh hell yeah sick. Now only people with too much money to spend can be should bother with tracking their cars.

A 20 year old Civic with a stock D16 or B16/B18/K20/H22 swap is a quick (slow for D16) & fun track day car, that will make you a better driver as you try to keep momentum high and chase lap times. No one wins a track day you dorks.

BryanSayWhat
08-19-2020, 08:09 AM
So based on this Logic, a Hellcat would destroy all on the 'Ring.

Even if the GTR is a few seconds faster then the Cobalt on a road course, it speaks volumes to the development of chassis technology that happened in just a few years.Not at all. I was trying to show a "slight" perspective of both cars. It's also why I included the Tsukuba lap time (which is pretty impressive for that car/ year and shows it's handling dynamics).

Everyone knows the R34 GTR improved on chassis rigidity and handling vs. the R33 GTR. For people to think that the R34 GTR would be 5 sec slower than a 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo on the Nurburgring, without there being some limiting factor, is beyond me. Especially since the R33 GTR was 21 sec faster than the Cobalt...

Also, I will agree that the 2008-10 Cobalt SS Turbo was pretty impressive for the performance and cost.

*Edit: This might be a more revealing comparison.

Virginia International Raceway Grand East Course:

2008 Cobalt SS Turbo: 3:13.00
2015 Subaru WRX STI: 3:10.50

*Since it was mentioned
Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 2:59.80

Tsukuba:

2015 Subaru WRX STI: 1:06.??
2001 R34 GTR V-Spec II: 1:04.89

I would guesstimate that the 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo would probably be in the 1:08.?? on Tsukuba based on the above (which is still impressive).

FaLKoN240
08-19-2020, 09:40 AM
In for pics of Supadoopa or Corbic tracking anything.

Corbic
08-19-2020, 11:07 AM
In for pics of Supadoopa or Corbic tracking anything.Boxster Spec at a PCA event at VIR good enough?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200819/4748805540435b606adc3c382519eb06.jpg

Done plenty of drift and drag events and open track days as well... But I'm sure you'll find a something to disqualify any of those with. Can post pics for days.

Corbic
08-19-2020, 11:10 AM
Not at all. I was trying to show a "slight" perspective of both cars. It's also why I included the Tsukuba lap time (which is pretty impressive for that car/ year and shows it's handling dynamics).

Everyone knows the R34 GTR improved on chassis rigidity and handling vs. the R33 GTR. For people to think that the R34 GTR would be 5 sec slower than a 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo on the Nurburgring, without there being some limiting factor, is beyond me. Especially since the R33 GTR was 21 sec faster than the Cobalt...

Also, I will agree that the 2008-10 Cobalt SS Turbo was pretty impressive for the performance and cost.

*Edit: This might be a more revealing comparison.

Virginia International Raceway Grand East Course:

2008 Cobalt SS Turbo: 3:13.00
2015 Subaru WRX STI: 3:10.50

*Since it was mentioned
Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 2:59.80

Tsukuba:

2015 Subaru WRX STI: 1:06.??
2001 R34 GTR V-Spec II: 1:04.89

I would guesstimate that the 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo would probably be in the 1:08.?? on Tsukuba based on the above (which is still impressive).Is the 2015 STI on Tsukuba the same spec as the one on VIR?

Not trying to poke holes in any arguments, just a curiosity since I'm assuming one is a US spec car and the other JDM.

BryanSayWhat
08-19-2020, 12:06 PM
Is the 2015 STI on Tsukuba the same spec as the one on VIR?

Not trying to poke holes in any arguments, just a curiosity since I'm assuming one is a US spec car and the other JDM.You make a good point.

The VIR was the USDM base (2.5L) that had 305hp/ 290tq and weighed 3,367lbs.

The most recent Tsukuba one was actually a 2018 WRX STI Type-S (2.0L) that had 308hp/311tq and weighed 3,322lbs.

So, a 45lb and 3hp/21tq difference.

In any case that would mean the JDM one would actually be ever, so slightly faster on VIR. Which still shows that the 08-10 Cobalt SS Turbo would still not be as fast, or faster than an R34 GTR on Nurburgring, or Tsukuba (unless of course the R34 GTR had the factory speedo restriction).

FaLKoN240
08-19-2020, 12:47 PM
Boxster Spec at a PCA event at VIR good enough?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200819/4748805540435b606adc3c382519eb06.jpg

Done plenty of drift and drag events and open track days as well... But I'm sure you'll find something to disqualify any of those with. Can post pics for days.

You're no keyboard racer.

Not everyone walks their talk.

KA24DESOneThree
08-19-2020, 01:20 PM

That's why I quoted lap times, Supa. The fastest production car lap time on this board (https://www.trackhq.com/forum/regional-forums/us-west-coast-pst/southwestern-u-s/race-tracks-ca-nv/chuckwalla-valley-raceway/3482-top-25-chuckwalla-lap-times) at Chuckwalla CW is held by a Miata.

Ryan Passey has one of the best time attack Miatas in the world with actual investment, engineering and knowledge- which is why he is the one who shits. If he didn't do his own work, who knows how expensive the package would be.

Emilio Cervantes from 949 Racing is usually up there on a lot of the lists- he's number four on the BW13 CW leaderboard (https://www.trackhq.com/forum/regional-forums/us-west-coast-pst/southwestern-u-s/race-tracks-ca-nv/buttonwillow-raceway-park/4307-top-40-buttonwillow-lap-times).

We're talking about dudes who don't just add power, but reduce weight, increase downforce, and reduce drag. Anyone who thinks that the Miata guys aren't using top-tier race engineering isn't paying attention.

This is the kind of shit 240SX guys could be doing, and it's the kind of shit I was planning on doing before life got complicated after my cage was completed.

Corbic
08-19-2020, 02:44 PM
You make a good point.

The VIR was the USDM base (2.5L) that had 305hp/ 290tq and weighed 3,367lbs.

The most recent Tsukuba one was actually a 2018 WRX STI Type-S (2.0L) that had 308hp/311tq and weighed 3,322lbs.

So, a 45lb and 3hp/21tq difference.

In any case that would mean the JDM one would actually be ever, so slightly faster on VIR. Which still shows that the 08-10 Cobalt SS Turbo would still not be as fast, or faster than an R34 GTR on Nurburgring, or Tsukuba (unless of course the R34 GTR had the factory speedo restriction).I think it would be more than just that, sway bars, brake tuning, suspension, etc. As I recall the JDM STI was more raw like an Evo but less "torque" and street friendly like the US STI.

S14rebuild
08-19-2020, 04:50 PM
In for pics of Supadoopa or Corbic tracking anything.

Lol...corbic came thru

BryanSayWhat
08-19-2020, 08:36 PM
I think it would be more than just that, sway bars, brake tuning, suspension, etc. As I recall the JDM STI was more raw like an Evo but less "torque" and street friendly like the US STI.I'm pretty sure the base JDM VAB STI's have the same braking/ suspension as the USDM base VAB STI's (unless the car comes with Bilstein's, or something). I do think that they had more STI performance upgrade options available, though (pretty easy to buy aftermarket in the US).

I think the JDM models just get lighter weight glass and less bracing/ safety stuff which makes them lighter.

The 2018+ JDM and USDM STI's did get new 6/2 pot Brembo's and 19" rims, but it's only a very slight upgrade.

spooled240
08-19-2020, 09:02 PM
Boxster Spec at a PCA event at VIR good enough

Argues that old Japanese cars with 200hp ain't shit.

*Post picture of track day with 200hp Boxster*

:hide:

lol

keioffice
08-20-2020, 02:49 AM
Lol...corbic came thru

Don't be fresh, superstupid races tons of SSRIs down his mouth with a tall drink of water. Shit, you would have ptsd to if you had to sit on a base all day for years. Very humdrum lifestyle

dizzariot
08-20-2020, 03:18 AM
You're no keyboard racer.

Not everyone walks their talk.

I mean, does drifting count as a track day? It's just for the 'gram.

Also I love speculation as much as the next guy but y'all might as well play Dungeons & Dragons with all these made-up match ups and figures.

Also also, I never thought I'd agree with Corbic, bet let's try to leave politics out of this thread.

dizzariot
08-20-2020, 03:23 AM
This is many but not all...these just go in phases. Does any 240 owner go through a full resto all new seals, moldings, clips?

After owner 6 S-Chassis, and a few different motor (own Ls and 2J currently) and previously have had a rotary, I find myself clinging back to the 240. I can easily afford something else or newer but why? So I can be relevant to the car world who only cares about fucking pandem and fuckstupid wheel specs? Blah....blow me.

I wrestle with this a lot. I love me some shitty SChassis. Maybe it's because my back is slightly shitty, but i'm torn between SChassis and something that has performance AND comfort. 2019 Carerra just 'looks' cool (before anyone kills me with their synopsis) and has a light bar for a tail light. What.

Argues that old Japanese cars with 200hp ain't shit.

*Post picture of track day with 200hp Boxster*

lol

LOL. U WILD FOR THIS ONE.

Don't be fresh, superstupid races tons of SSRIs down his mouth with a tall drink of water. Shit, you would have ptsd to if you had to sit on a base all day for years. Very humdrum lifestyle

What the fuck does this even mean...?

keioffice
08-20-2020, 04:24 AM

^
Supadoopa sperged and tried to threaten me like knowing an IP tells you where some one lives. He must have ptsd from sitting on that base for so long but at least he can collect the goverment cheese :snoop: lets see his track car

Bluejayde
08-20-2020, 06:31 AM
^
Supadoopa sperged and tried to threaten me like knowing an IP tells you where some one lives. He must have ptsd from sitting on that base for so long but at least he can collect the goverment cheese :snoop: lets see his track car

Dude, let it go or fuck off, please. I don't care about your IP or your hurt feelings.

BryanSayWhat
08-20-2020, 06:53 AM
Also I love speculation as much as the next guy but y'all might as well play Dungeons & Dragons with all these made-up match ups and figures.It's actually not that difficult to speculate what the 08-10 Cobalt SS Turbo would run on Tsukuba... My guesstimate of 1:08.?? based off the VIR lap times would probably be dead on +/- 1 sec. Especially given that the Cobalt SS turbo ran almost the same Nurburgring lap time as the BNR32 (which ran a best lap time of 1:08.34 on Tsukuba).

"Dungeons & Dragons" would be actually believing that the BNR34/ BCNR33 would run almost the same Tsukuba lap times and yet the BNR34 would be 27 sec slower than the 33 on Nurburgring.

SupaDoopa
08-20-2020, 07:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Q8BzkzI.jpg

Me in the EVO after I took the wing off and before I actually dumped money into the chassis. I have since sold it as trying to make the car competitive was extremely expensive. Fun as shit for what it was, though.

keioffice
08-20-2020, 11:23 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Q8BzkzI.jpg

Me in the EVO after I took the wing off and before I actually dumped money into the chassis. I have since sold it as trying to make the car competitive was extremely expensive. Fun as shit for what it was, though.

It is a 4 door and looks really clean, looks fun for a fwd. What autocross class is that in?

BryanSayWhat
08-20-2020, 12:20 PM
Me in the EVO

looks fun for a fwd
:squint:

Was that a typo, kei? lol

S14rebuild
08-20-2020, 03:08 PM
It is a 4 door and looks really clean, looks fun for a fwd. What autocross class is that in?

Sumone must of hacked ur account from ur publicly post ip, cause they said that evo is fwd..dam

keioffice
08-21-2020, 01:46 AM
^ Americans don't understand banter, confirmed

S14rebuild
08-21-2020, 03:52 AM
^ Americans don't understand banter, confirmed

^ Foreigners don't understand sarcasm, confirmed

Corbic
08-21-2020, 08:05 AM
#cancelkeioffice

SupaDoopa
08-23-2020, 01:43 PM
Americans like your dumb ass ain't here. @[email protected]

Corbic
09-15-2020, 01:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200915/1066649df668524b11c1e7cd64a396cb.jpg

dizzariot
09-15-2020, 03:28 PM
Corbic, I hate you lol.

Now that the hullabaloo and hoopla has died down. What is everyone mad at nowadays?

brndck
09-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Corbic, I hate you lol.

Now that the hullabaloo and hoopla has died down. What is everyone mad at nowadays?

the entire left coast is on fire.
I'm mad about that.

Corbic
09-15-2020, 05:21 PM
the entire left coast is on fire.

I'm mad about that.Well, tell Pantifa to stop setting fires...

mechanicalmoron
09-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Well, tell Pantifa to stop setting fires...

Something you don't want to believe in, causes increasingly, predictably harsher fire seasons? No problem, blame people you don't like.

Don't worry, you won't feel a moment of shame in your echo chamber.

spooled240
09-15-2020, 06:26 PM
This side of the US is always on fire around this time of year. It's lit yo

kingkilburn
09-15-2020, 07:51 PM
Well, tell Pantifa to stop setting fires...

You really bite on that shit? lol

FaLKoN240
09-16-2020, 11:08 AM
You really bite on that shit? lol

Is anyone surprised?

Corbic
09-16-2020, 12:03 PM
Something you don't want to believe in, causes increasingly, predictably harsher fire seasons? No problem, blame people you don't like.

Don't worry, you won't feel a moment of shame in your echo chamber.Only been 6 arrests now.

BryanSayWhat
09-16-2020, 12:50 PM
This side of the US is always on fire around this time of year. It's lit yoI was born and raised in Southern California. Went back to visit a couple of years ago and the mountains above my old house were scorched... Scary shit.

dizzariot
09-16-2020, 03:12 PM
Thread gets activity and I see the same shit. Is 'echo chamber' a new addiction to your lexicon because it's in every thread where people argue.

Did y'all see SN Elvis put his Silvia for sale, then say it wasn't, then put it back up fro trade...for an R32...like the R32 he just sold...

spooled240
09-16-2020, 03:26 PM
Remember when these were $1600? Who the fuck is buying this shit?

https://www.ebay.com/i/233688531256

dEmAnD..I thought everyone was doing k-swaps now? Then again an SR that's been sitting underwater since fucking 1998 is still $4500 so I guess this makes sense..

Corbic
09-16-2020, 03:30 PM
Remember when these were $1600? Who the fuck is buying this shit?

https://www.ebay.com/i/233688531256

dEmAnD..I thought everyone was doing k-swaps now? Then again an SR that's been sitting underwater since fucking 1998 is still $4500 so I guess this makes sense..With an automatic... Ha!!

Shit, people thought 2Js and SRs would be like Small Blocks, just an endless supply for decades to come.

KA24DESOneThree
09-16-2020, 05:07 PM
I will be very happy to never see another 2JZ swap.

In fact, people can start removing them from their cars now and returning their cars to their rightful weight distribution.

Corbic
09-16-2020, 07:16 PM
I will be very happy to never see another 2JZ swap.

In fact, people can start removing them from their cars now and returning their cars to their rightful weight distribution.Oh lordy, adding 100lbs!!! Drives like a dump truck now!!

S14rebuild
09-16-2020, 07:56 PM
Lol rememebr when people were offload sr20 long blocks for 500-800 $1200 for a swap....those were the days..

Oh and ka24de were free just haul it away

Corbic
09-16-2020, 10:34 PM
Lol rememebr when people were offload sr20 long blocks for 500-800 $1200 for a swap....those were the days..

Oh and ka24de were free just haul it awayWhat's better a $1000 RB20 or $900 CA18det?

Oh get the CA better weight balance, RB will ruin the dynamics!

spooled240
09-17-2020, 12:09 AM
For the now $20k+ it would cost to do a proper 2JZ swap I would rather just buy another capable engine with an entire car attached to it.

deolio
09-17-2020, 01:58 AM
For the now $20k+ it would cost to do a proper 2JZ swap I would rather just buy another capable engine with an entire car attached to it.

So what you?re saying is rwd convert a TSX???

spooled240
09-17-2020, 09:19 AM
So what you?re saying is rwd convert a TSX???

No, because I can't find 240 subframes that aren't bent. But there are still a lot of cars that already come with a 2JZ that are still cheap as hell. Auto IS300's are a dime a dozen.

BryanSayWhat
09-17-2020, 02:26 PM
Did y'all see SN Elvis put his Silvia for sale, then say it wasn't, then put it back up fro trade...for an R32...like the R32 he just sold...Damn, I forgot all about that Silvia... I'd also have a hard time letting that go.

mechanicalmoron
09-24-2020, 09:45 PM
What's better a $1000 RB20 or $900 CA18det?

Oh get the CA better weight balance, RB will ruin the dynamics!

You mean you can rid yourself of more than 400 pesky cc?

SupaDoopa
09-25-2020, 08:48 AM
The CA is ass. Change my mind.

Goofs
09-25-2020, 08:57 AM
Everything seems priced at an all time high, not just the car scene. Just think it's a bad time to mod unless you're doing pretty well financially and it doesn't matter.

So many people know about the scene now. Final Bout has 120K Instagram followers, they've done very well for marketing. But this brings an influx of people. More competition for parts/cars, means higher prices.

If you have a clean chassis, or rare parts def time to hold and maintain.
The prices are going to stay this way for a while, if not rise some more.

mechanicalmoron
09-25-2020, 12:01 PM
Everything seems priced at an all time high, not just the car scene. Just think it's a bad time to mod unless you're doing pretty well financially and it doesn't matter.

So many people know about the scene now. Final Bout has 120K Instagram followers, they've done very well for marketing. But this brings an influx of people. More competition for parts/cars, means higher prices.

If you have a clean chassis, or rare parts def time to hold and maintain.
The prices are going to stay this way for a while, if not rise some more.

That's true.

But also consider the porsche bubble - they all decided their air cooleds were worth a ton, because they kept buying them from each other for more and more, but at some point there was nobody outside their circle jerk to maintain the bubble - now they're all trying to be very quiet about how their volkswagens are just worth volkswagen money.

It can be sort of real, and sort of fake. It's largely how seriously you take it - if someone knows what their heap is worth and is firm on their insanity, not only will you not change their mind, you're looking in exactly the wrong places.

KA24DESOneThree
09-25-2020, 12:52 PM
lol "their Volkswagens are just worth Volkswagen money."

We just sold a '73 S for $295k and have multiple in-progress $300k+ restorations. What you hear and what goes on are two different things. Air-cooleds are still worth a ton, you just have to be selling cars that weren't restored by a hot rod shop in bumfuck Pennsylvania.

The CA isn't ass. I mean, it's not good but it's not ass. Certainly better than an RB20, the official engine of Fuccboi Nation.

mechanicalmoron
09-25-2020, 02:09 PM
lol "their Volkswagens are just worth Volkswagen money."

We just sold a '73 S for $295k and have multiple in-progress $300k+ restorations. What you hear and what goes on are two different things. Air-cooleds are still worth a ton, you just have to be selling cars that weren't restored by a hot rod shop in bumfuck Pennsylvania.

The CA isn't ass. I mean, it's not good but it's not ass. Certainly better than an RB20, the official engine of Fuccboi Nation.
You are exactly one of those guys who bet everything on his own bubble, and must keep insisting that his beetles are solid gold.

Pretentious people who live in a bubble of pretense. Don't drop your pretense, just go write the editor about how angry the comic makes you. IT LOOKS LIKE A SEA MONSTER ON THE COVER!!!!1!!11

(don't get me wrong, the comic sucks)

Some 240s are worth 32k. Some mopars are worth a million. Some volkswagens are worth more. You're still a pretentious fart-sniffer.

kingkilburn
09-25-2020, 04:53 PM
The CA was an ass platform to base an inline 6 from. Should have been the KA with a proper crank and no distributor. Would have been a monster.

KA24DESOneThree
09-25-2020, 04:55 PM
Dude, we rode the wave from $70k 2.4 'S' cars all the way into the $300k range, and RS cars from $350k to $1.1mm. The RS cars are still depressed as hell, but exceptional 2.4 cars bring unburst money.

We go where the money is. I wouldn't touch a 2.0 'T' (or a 2.0 or 2.2 Targa of any kind) with a ten-foot pole unless it was literally one of the best original cars in the world.

I've noticed a trend with people who call any air-cooleds "Beetles," and it's not a positive one. Let's just say "drinks King Cobra and buys bulk cheez-puffs."

spooled240
09-25-2020, 05:47 PM
^shit, I'm just trying to find a house around here that's less than $750k and ya'll are selling cars made from recycled BF-109's from WW2 for 1M..

The CA was an ass platform to base an inline 6 from. Should have been the KA with a proper crank and no distributor. Would have been a monster.

KA24, you could've been a *stroked 4G63* but nah...Frontier's n shit

dizzariot
09-25-2020, 07:31 PM
...but ain't Porsches still selling for a lot.

*sips tea.

I'm wondering what to go for next but I can't make up my mind either. Even the prices here are ass on just about anything.

dizzariot
09-25-2020, 07:32 PM
...but ain't Porsches still selling for a lot.

*sips tea.

I'm wondering what to go for next but I can't make up my mind either. Even the prices here are ass on just about anything.

KA24DESOneThree
09-26-2020, 11:12 AM
^shit, I'm just trying to find a house around here that's less than $750k

I empathize with that. My brother's trying to find a house in the town I live in, and there's a dead zone between $550k and $750k.

My house is in that dead zone, but had zero curb appeal when the previous hillbilly owners were still living here. Oh, and the house at the end of the street blew up a few years back because it was a meth lab. lol I'm making it sound like I live in a hovel.

spooled240
09-26-2020, 01:26 PM
I empathize with that. My brother's trying to find a house in the town I live in, and there's a dead zone between $550k and $750k.

My house is in that dead zone, but had zero curb appeal when the previous hillbilly owners were still living here. Oh, and the house at the end of the street blew up a few years back because it was a meth lab. lol I'm making it sound like I live in a hovel.

Where are you at? We were looking in Esco, Vista and Oceanside since it's a bit cheaper.

dizzariot
09-26-2020, 05:35 PM
Where are you at? We were looking in Esco, Vista and Oceanside since it's a bit cheaper.

Escondido has some nice old houses. Vista and Oceanside ehhhhhhh...

Are y'all selling your gas-powered vehicles and committing to living in CA?

spooled240
09-26-2020, 08:47 PM
Escondido has some nice old houses. Vista and Oceanside ehhhhhhh...

Are y'all selling your gas-powered vehicles and committing to living in CA?Duude just another reason to leave this state at least eventually...

kingkilburn
09-27-2020, 09:58 AM
You guys really think you're buying new gasoline burning cars anywhere at that point? You guys are gonna be on facebook talking about big government coming garage to garage to confiscate your V8s and forced induction devices.

KA24DESOneThree
09-27-2020, 11:53 AM

I'm just north of Esco.

Ultimately, I'd like to live in Rainbow, west Valley Center, or De Luz. Decent houses there with a little land and a lot of privacy aren't cheap, though.

I have no problem with cars going electric. There's nothing new I'd consider buying and if I really, really wanted to drive something illegal in CA, I can always put it in inventory and slap a dealer plate on it.

spooled240
09-27-2020, 12:43 PM
You guys really think you're buying new gasoline burning cars anywhere at that point? You guys are gonna be on facebook talking about big government coming garage to garage to confiscate your V8s and forced induction devices.

Maybe not, but this state is already broke to start giving out EV's to everyone to replace the millions of gridlocked cars on the freeways everyday. We need more subways and trains, not more cars..

kingkilburn
09-27-2020, 12:56 PM
We tried to get a bullet train and assholes convinced farmers the train was going to give them cancer. I wanted to make a day trip to Disneyland and instead Fresno is getting a goddam Simpsons monorail.

dizzariot
09-28-2020, 02:15 AM

This is delightfully progressive yet marred by an air of 'Joe Rogan conspiracy theory'. If the cars are all electric AND fly they can take my cars.

...but the joke's on you: I won't even be in CA.

Corbic
09-28-2020, 07:49 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/03267465e7cee062d275c5454f43e7bb.jpg

California, King of Environmental "Virtue Signaling and Not In My Backyard-ism".

Never mind the massive environmental impact of strip mining South America for Lithium materials... Then shipping it to Fascist China aboard cargo ships that pollute more then all the cars in the world combined. The material is then processed in polluting plants that dump toxic waste into rivers and the ocean. We then ship those batteries back on polluting container ships and put them into cars.

We then charge those cars on an electric grid that wastes 20-60% of its energy moving power by cable so we don't have electric plants in our state.

Brilliant.

Why haven't these assholes banned wireless charging? Ya'll to fucking lazy to plug in a USB cord so you waste 5x electricity to charge your phone 1/3rd as fast.... But ban straws because China dumps garbage into the ocean. God damn retards.

mechanicalmoron
09-28-2020, 08:06 AM

So like, you just pour the king cobra over the cheese poofs, or what?

brndck
09-28-2020, 09:37 AM
California, King of Environmental "Virtue Signaling and Not In My Backyard-ism".

Never mind the massive environmental impact of strip mining South America for Lithium materials... Then shipping it to Fascist China aboard cargo ships that pollute more then all the cars in the world combined. The material is then processed in polluting plants that dump toxic waste into rivers and the ocean. We then ship those batteries back on polluting container ships and put them into cars.

We then charge those cars on an electric grid that wastes 20-60% of its energy moving power by cable so we don't have electric plants in our state.

Brilliant.

Why haven't these assholes banned wireless charging? Ya'll to fucking lazy to plug in a USB cord so you waste 5x electricity to charge your phone 1/3rd as fast.... But ban straws because China dumps garbage into the ocean. God damn retards.
I mean, literally pushing the envelope for environmental regulations in our own backyard, and somehow that's NIMBY-ism???

also china is communist. words mean things. communism is pretty far left, by any definition. Fascism is far right, by definition.

gasoline engines were incredibly inefficient at the beginning. theyre very efficient now. Large scale electric car production becomes more efficient as battery tech improves, and even over the past few years, miles-per-charge has improved dramatically. You're right though, lithium mining is incredibly destructive. We should just stick with internal combustion for another 125 years. :facepalm:

kingkilburn
09-28-2020, 09:58 AM
Call China and soviet russia what they put into practice. Oligarchical police states. Nothing either if them ever did was rooted in Marxist economic philosophy.

Wireless charging is dumb unless your power source is independent from the grid. If you want to make inefficient use of your solar it's whatever.

KA24DESOneThree
09-28-2020, 10:34 AM
I've said this before, but here's the problem I have with California: it always chooses the most politically simple way to greener policy.

What's the best way to reduce emissions and increase state revenue? Move the workers to the work. Build high-density, low-income housing in employment centers. Reduce the necessity of cars in daily life. Increased concentration of people equals increased ridership of public transport, which means increased possibility of break-even or profitability. Modern construction means more efficient energy usage.

Ownership of the average car costs $0.619 per mile, using BTS numbers (https://www.bts.gov/content/average-cost-owning-and-operating-automobile) for 2019. A low-income family with two jobs, two cars, and a commute may be spending upwards of $10k per year on automotive expenses- but if they live near their job and have reliable public transport, that money (minus the cost of public transportation) could be going into savings, towards healthcare, or into the local economy.

The only real problems are that we would have to admit that the American Dream is dead for some members of society (edit: although allowing low-income families to reduce their yearly costs may actually make it easier to own a home), and we would have to deal with lawsuits from the wealthy who are pissed their Hollywood Hills houses no longer have an ocean view.

Byproduct: houses get cheaper to the point that eminent domain might actually be viable to create public transport corridors that break-even. (Second edit: I fucking hate eminent domain but I fucking hate the shortsighted motherfuckers who laid out the state more.)

zombiewolf513
09-28-2020, 10:54 AM
Yeah California needs more emissions to produce partially, but never complete, public concrete to heat the place up. Turning the world's water into stone, paid for by the taxes of the lower class who'll never get to use all that concrete so idiots like you can sniff their farts and pretend like they can empathize with being locked out of the housing market, or complaining that the American Dream is dead for some people, when you live in a $500,000-$750,000 house.

kingkilburn
09-28-2020, 11:22 AM
The dirty secret of California is that the central coast and bay area only pretend to be progressive. They're desperate to keep the "wrong" people out of their towns. You'll never see widespread mass transit and housing equity.

Look to Nancy Pelosi's real estate holdings and policy for what dominates the state.

KA24DESOneThree
09-28-2020, 12:41 PM
Yeah California needs more emissions to produce partially, but never complete, public concrete to heat the place up. Turning the world's water into stone, paid for by the taxes of the lower class who'll never get to use all that concrete so idiots like you can sniff their farts and pretend like they can empathize with being locked out of the housing market, or complaining that the American Dream is dead for some people, when you live in a $500,000-$750,000 house.

Because I live in a decent house, I should forget how to be decent?

8-bit arguments in a 64-bit world.

Corbic
09-28-2020, 03:27 PM
Because I live in a decent house, I should forget how to be decent?

8-bit arguments in a 64-bit world.So you're advocating for Soviet style city planning and Government managed housing?

Ever actually been to a former Soviet Country?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/22e6fc9cbc4e356c16788d7e78b53dfb.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/f21fe05bd69a52078921dac7b395537f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/ea8e576ae1ab64db5bccd41db94c79b8.jpg

Did you forget about the 1970's "Projects" and what a disaster that shit was?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/5080401597cbf8a536d5716b7b40bde4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200928/5046c810b68b3101cea36f0890974fdc.jpg

kingkilburn
09-28-2020, 04:03 PM
You are the cherry pickinist mother fucker I've ever come across.

mechanicalmoron
09-28-2020, 04:09 PM
Without exception, "so you want soviet style xyz" = clown-ass motherfucker.

Corbic
09-28-2020, 04:09 PM
I mean, literally pushing the envelope for environmental regulations in our own backyard, and somehow that's NIMBY-ism???

Best example is the power plants and energy grid in California.

California refuses to build its own power stations and improve its energy grid. So that right there is NIMBY, let some other state run a nuclear, coal or gas plant.

You then loose massive amounts of energy piping that shit across cables.

California is already having constant blackouts and brown outs and they want to expand the burden on the grid. Smooth.

also china is communist. words mean things. communism is pretty far left, by any definition. Fascism is far right, by definition.

China is Communist in name only and Authoritarian Fascist in practice. Fascism is far left authoritarian and only considered "right" by Socialist Propagandists.

Mussolini, a Socialist, realized he could not accomplish his Socialist goals in a multi-party democracy - and thus coined the term "Fascism" or Latin for "together".

China is a giant NIMBY Bullshit Problem for both California and America as a whole. The majority of California's smog today is from trans pacific shipping and Chinese manufacturing. It blows across the ocean and accumulates in the valley.

It's not dirt-bikes and turbo Hondas.

https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/cargo-container-shipping-carbon-pollution-114721

12 cargo ships = all the cars in the world. That's the price you pay for your Chinese garbage on Amazon, Walmart and the Wish App.

Totally hysterical how people are cool buying shit made by children , slaves and corporations that are actively destroy the ecosystem... So long as its made out of sight.

gasoline engines were incredibly inefficient at the beginning. theyre very efficient now. Large scale electric car production becomes more efficient as battery tech improves, and even over the past few years, miles-per-charge has improved dramatically. You're right though, lithium mining is incredibly destructive. We should just stick with internal combustion for another 125 years. :facepalm:

You're not following.

Getting another 30 miles out of a charge or saving another $2k per car has jack shit to do with environmental impact.

You've still done nothing to fix the electrical grid.

You are still strip mining third world countries for precious heavy metals leaving thier people broke and cancer riddled.

Your still having defacto slaves working in grotesque conditions building your batteries while dumping sewage into drinking water.

Your still transferring billions of dollars directly into the hands of the most evil, murderous government to ever exist in the history of humanity.

Your then still shipping this garbage back to the United States on a shop that basically burns molten tar that has to be first heated by kerosene furnaces to even pour into the engines.

This all so you can say "look at me, I'm saving the world" while fucking wirelessly charging your iPhone XV on your cars console.

This is just like the bullshit "save the ocean, don't use straws!!".

When the fuck is the last time you tossed a plastic straw in the river or even to the side of the road? Then again, I had never seen as much litter as I saw in LA over Labor Day this past month.....

But again, the plastic in the pacific is coming from a certain authoritarian murder machine across the ocean.

Corbic
09-28-2020, 04:18 PM
We tried to get a bullet train and assholes convinced farmers the train was going to give them cancer. I wanted to make a day trip to Disneyland and instead Fresno is getting a goddam Simpsons monorail.Poor Pelosi, that train was going to set her family up for generations.

Corbic
09-28-2020, 04:18 PM
Without exception, "so you want soviet style xyz" = clown-ass motherfucker.As always, no idea what the fuck you are saying.

kingkilburn
09-28-2020, 04:45 PM
Everyone else got it. Try to keep up.

KA24DESOneThree
09-28-2020, 05:56 PM
So you're advocating for Soviet style city planning and Government managed housing?

Ever actually been to a former Soviet Country?

Did you forget about the 1970's "Projects" and what a disaster that shit was?

Been to plenty ex-Communist countries (Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, South Korea) and a current Communist one (China), too.

That's not what I'm advocating. I'm advocating for zoning laws to be heavily relaxed and for a developer to get a tax break (aren't they called stimulus?) to build housing.

Do you know anything about the projects holistically? As in, the fact that they were a net positive until the government changed things up?

Corbic
09-28-2020, 06:20 PM
That's not what I'm advocating. I'm advocating for zoning laws to be heavily relaxed and for a developer to get a tax break (aren't they called stimulus?) to build housing.

Oh, so you want the Obama/Biden style destruction of the suburbs?

Let someone buy up three houses, tear them down and build a giant low income apartment building in my single family home neighborhood? Then another guy can put up a dog food factory across the street?

As for development in the Bay Area, what do you think a developer would prefer...

A 500 unit low cost apartments that they are capped at $1,000 per month and have management costs of $150/m per unit because the people are trash.

Or a 100 unit "luxury" apartments that they charge $15k a month and management fees are still only $150/m per unit.

Anyone building downtown is going to maximize the value of the property. Even if you paid for all the construction, you are still going to want to maximize the long term value.

This is just like flying First Class on an airplane.

1st Class is 80% more per square inch and ultimately is subsidizing the coach tickets.

kingkilburn
09-28-2020, 08:58 PM
This shit would be funny if I could be sure it was satire. I'd rather think that you know it's all nonsense.

Phlip
10-03-2020, 09:53 PM
Politics belongs in Loud Noises, children

dizzariot
10-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Politics belongs in Loud Noises, children

You?d think a thread for shit couldn?t get shitted up...

Zilvia still surprises me, even this late in our relationship.

KA24DESOneThree
10-05-2020, 02:47 PM
We shitted it up before.

My fault.

Can we talk about how even decent fucking Civics are expensive? I've been thinking about buying an EK-chassis Civic as a commuter but buying one that isn't clapped-out and that has functional AC and doesn't require an act of god to pass smog is like a $5k+ proposition. Do not mention 2005-2006 RSX Type-S, Integra GS-Rs, or manual IS300s to me, either. Ridiculous.

I just want something fun to fart around in while I finish up my e30 and my E36. I know I should probably take the money and put it into a lift but I really want to experience more platforms from my youth before I move on to finishing my 911 and building another S-chassis.

spooled240
10-05-2020, 03:25 PM
Mazdaspeed Protege? All the iconic 90's and 00's Japanese stuff is crazy right now. Unless the economy has a catastrophic crash in the near future I don't see these prices coming down due to the sheer scarcity of clean examples and the immense demand from people like us that are attempting to make their old Gran Turismo 2 garage a reality.

kingkilburn
10-05-2020, 03:40 PM
I looked for a clean manual IS300 for years. Didn't care about price. Never found a single example. I'm convinced they came from the factory with salvage titles.

dorkidori_s13
10-05-2020, 04:14 PM
Mazdaspeed Protege? All the iconic 90's and 00's Japanese stuff is crazy right now. Unless the economy has a catastrophic crash in the near future I don't see these prices coming down due to the sheer scarcity of clean examples and the immense demand from people like us that are attempting to make their old Gran Turismo 2 garage a reality.

i have my Protege5 for sale for $3750 (ZERO RUST!!!). needs body work and paint, thats it. put a brand new motor in it a little over 3 years ago (literally brand new block from Mazda + rebuilt head). just put another trans in it as the old one ate itself... has tons of aftermarket goodies on it including AutoEXE 4-2-1 header ($1000 header before it was discontinued). i want a 2015/2016 Mazda3 wagon <3 <3 <3

EXCUSE PHOTO FROM MY SITE! ONLY HOSTED IMAGES I HAVE ARE FROM MY WEB PAGE.

https://www.dorkidori.com/shop/images/parts/ys_coilvers_protege_bj_full_08.jpg

and i do agree with Kyle... pretty sure all IS300s came from the factory with title issues!

Corbic
10-05-2020, 05:04 PM
Picked up this classic Japanese Whip for under 3 Bill's a month ago.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201005/e00cd3a5ec6069e23618730297a20a8a.jpg

Basically got 3 Honda motors under the hood and a Supra transmission.

spooled240
10-05-2020, 05:22 PM
I looked for a clean manual IS300 for years. Didn't care about price. Never found a single example. I'm convinced they came from the factory with salvage titles.

They are out there. Finding a lower mileage manual with a clean title is tough. I found my black on black manual with 205k miles from the original owner in Norcal for 3500 about a year and a half ago. If you just want to putt around they are great cars. If you want a project it's a great platform. If you live in CA and want to enjoy some good performance and pass smog, it can get boring with the stock gutless engine. Throwing it around turns and it's clear it needs wider fenders and stiff suspension for the boat anchor 2JZ. It also feels like the weight is in all the wrong places, like the roof where the 30lb+ factory sunroof is. The mileage sucks too and it takes premium. All for the 180whp it puts down on a good day.

Corbic
10-05-2020, 06:09 PM
They are out there. Finding a lower mileage manual with a clean title is tough. I found my black on black manual with 205k miles from the original owner in Norcal for 3500 about a year and a half ago. If you just want to putt around they are great cars. If you want a project it's a great platform. If you live in CA and want to enjoy some good performance and pass smog, it can get boring with the stock gutless engine. Throwing it around turns and it's clear it needs wider fenders and stiff suspension for the boat anchor 2JZ. It also feels like the weight is in all the wrong places, like the roof where the 30lb+ factory sunroof is. The mileage sucks too and it takes premium. All for the 180whp it puts down on a good day.With a W58 and a 2JZ that has glass rods.

Just swap in the JDM engine.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/dfd5838f80ca1a9520c476ce7aceb2ff.jpg

At that point you'll be pushing $10k and asking yourself why you didn't just buy an FRSGT86Z or a WRX.

S14rebuild
10-05-2020, 06:17 PM
noob here.....whats the reasoning the is didnt get the 3s here in us? Emissions im guessing?

spooled240
10-05-2020, 06:22 PM
With a W58 and a 2JZ that has glass rods.

Just swap in the JDM engine.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201006/dfd5838f80ca1a9520c476ce7aceb2ff.jpg

At that point you'll be pushing $10k and asking yourself why you didn't just buy an FRSGT86Z or a WRX.
W55 which is even weaker than the W58.

The car is heavy and needs at least 350hp which means turbo. Now that the GTE's are expensive, you're gonna be about 20k in the hole for a properly done GTE swapped IS300 with 300whp. Evo X's are 16k and pass smog.

Corbic
10-05-2020, 06:24 PM
noob here.....whats the reasoning the is didnt get the 3s here in us? Emissions im guessing?Bingo. Emissions and Torque.

IS300 was billed a BMW 3 fighter, not a AE86 revival.

Luxury cars don't have shitty 4-cylinders ... Duh.

Corbic
10-05-2020, 06:29 PM
W55 which is even weaker than the W58.

The car is heavy and needs at least 350hp which means turbo. Now that the GTE's are expensive, you're gonna be about 20k in the hole for a properly done GTE swapped IS300 with 300whp. Evo X's are 16k and pass smog.Better to swap a UZ engine.

Actually, I'm so old and grumpy, better to just buy a car with the engine you want.

G35/6/7 sounds like a better buy even if uglier and fatter. At least it has a bullet proof trans and makes +300hp.

dorkidori_s13
10-05-2020, 07:42 PM
noob here.....whats the reasoning the is didnt get the 3s here in us? Emissions im guessing?

most likely correct as the majority of Japanese motors IN JAPAN werent OBD2 compliant (the majority of them were OBD1 only). OBD2 compliance laws didnt become mandate in Japan until the 2004 model year... hence why by 2004, the bulk of JDM motors we all know and love (with MINOR exceptions like the 4G63 and 2JZ) vanished over night.

KA24DESOneThree
10-05-2020, 08:32 PM

I've never driven any of these cars, but the Mazdaspeed Protege or Protege MP3 are on my list, too.

I wonder if good examples of any of these cars are on Turo. I just want to drive some of them fairly hard to see if they're worth a damn.

SupaDoopa
10-06-2020, 10:16 AM
I come back and people are jerking off over Protege's. Bye.

KA24DESOneThree
10-06-2020, 10:39 AM
Fun cars are fun cars.

The Citroen AX GT is uglier than shit and has the build quality of a mid-70s Lada but is supposedly a riot to drive.

You can look down your nose at whatever you want. I'll never look down my nose at something that's genuinely good to drive.

Corbic
10-06-2020, 10:39 AM
I come back and people are jerking off over Protege's. Bye.Next up, the 2006 Corolla S.

SupaDoopa
10-06-2020, 12:08 PM
Things that are good to drive are my '95 Pajero Mini.
Things that are good to drive are my '99 Wrangler.

deolio
10-06-2020, 03:07 PM
Only car that I ever miss is my nb Miata. Totally impractical, but fun and cheap. They're still relatively cheap, but finding clean ones can be tough.

My dad had a 2000 V70r and that thing was a blast to drive. I think it'd be the perfect balance of fun and practicality, but I just wish they could be found in the US in manual.

KA24DESOneThree
10-07-2020, 08:15 AM
My wife had a sub-10k-mile NA6 that was 100% stock and it was more fun than my modified NA6.

I want to try my hand at fun FWD. Something fun to throw around the narrow, bumpy, dirty back roads of San Diego and Riverside counties while returning 30mpg.

A manual, FWD V70R might be fun. 250hp and a limited slip. Like you said though- we only got auto, and we only got AWD.

e1_griego
10-07-2020, 08:24 AM
You need a Fiesta ST.

SupaDoopa
10-07-2020, 08:42 AM
No one needs a Fiesta ST. Bye.

deolio
10-07-2020, 12:24 PM
A manual, FWD V70R might be fun. 250hp and a limited slip. Like you said though- we only got auto, and we only got AWD.

That 25 year mark is coming up next year though 👀

SupaDoopa
10-07-2020, 12:41 PM
Good. Sell your good shit and spend all your money on that garbage and join another forum away from us who are still interested in dumping our spare cash into shit boxes that will end up in a wall.

zombiewolf513
10-07-2020, 02:01 PM
dudeweedLMAO

ronmcdon
10-08-2020, 02:08 AM
Fiesta ST’s not that bad as far as a fun fwd option w 30mpg goes, unless you dont care for fwd period. I do wish used models would depreciate more.

not a lot of promising alternatives out there fitting fun fwd car with 30mpg, considering 90s cars are so overpriced these days like a b13 sentra ser or crx/civic si. shocked people are paying $10k plus for them.

KA24DESOneThree
10-08-2020, 08:34 AM
You need a Fiesta ST.

I've heard good things and I've heard bad things.

The 2017+ models have the softest ride, and compliance is necessary on the roads I like to drive. Depreciation on a $15k Fiesta ST would be a bitch whereas some elbow grease on any of the other possibilities may yield break-even or profit.

I don't care about speed, I only care about tactility and playing to my nostalgia. The more I think about it and talk about it and have to deal with my limitations, the more it seems that I really just need to get on the sheetmetal replacement my 911 needs, bolt on the 935 front suspension and coilover rear, and start tuning spring rates and dampers. That way I can write off some of the parts costs but still have something good to drive.

spooled240
10-08-2020, 09:13 AM
The 2017+ models have the softest ride, and compliance is necessary on the roads I like to drive. Depreciation on a $15k Fiesta ST would be a bitch whereas some elbow grease on any of the other possibilities may yield break-even or profit.

100%. I would just bite the bullet and get what you want. A few years back I was thinking about buying a new FiST, Focus ST, Cadillac ATS or even a new WRX/STi for a daily. Instead I got an old Evo 9 and it was the better purchase imo. The car is appreciating and it's just a way cooler car that I can hang on to forever before they get even more expensive. It was one of those bucket list cars for me.

Spending more money that will remain/increase > spending less money that will eventually diminish.

ronmcdon
10-08-2020, 11:32 AM
hard to say if the fist will maintain its value in the upcoming years. it just went out of production last year and some of the low mileage models seemed to have slowed down on depreciation. kinda fun to predict what will appreciate in value.

S14rebuild
10-09-2020, 07:10 PM
I've never driven any of these cars, but the Mazdaspeed Protege or Protege MP3 are on my list, too.

I wonder if good examples of any of these cars are on Turo. I just want to drive some of them fairly hard to see if they're worth a damn.

Had a good friend with a mazdaspeed...talk about fanbois....they were the greatest cars ever!! (Their opinion) everyone locally blewup... they were just stock protege motors with turbo kit..nothing special

S14rebuild
10-09-2020, 07:11 PM
All about the 2005 trd corolla XRS...... legit 4 door 4 cylinder killer!

e1_griego
10-09-2020, 07:16 PM
I had a matrix XRS for 5 years, not even half as fun as the fiesta.

S14rebuild
10-09-2020, 08:08 PM
Talkn about 10yrs of difference in technology

Corbic
10-15-2020, 08:21 AM
Talkn about 10yrs of difference in technologySame Generation for most Nissans....

PoorMans180SX
10-16-2020, 07:51 AM
We shitted it up before.

My fault.

Can we talk about how even decent fucking Civics are expensive? I've been thinking about buying an EK-chassis Civic as a commuter but buying one that isn't clapped-out and that has functional AC and doesn't require an act of god to pass smog is like a $5k+ proposition. Do not mention 2005-2006 RSX Type-S, Integra GS-Rs, or manual IS300s to me, either. Ridiculous.

I just want something fun to fart around in while I finish up my e30 and my E36. I know I should probably take the money and put it into a lift but I really want to experience more platforms from my youth before I move on to finishing my 911 and building another S-chassis.

I feel you, though I'm not looking for anything that's going to stay FWD. Even Eclipse RS' and 3000GT SLs are starting to become pricey. Everything gets rare eventually I suppose. I really just want an NA Z32, but I've thought about an SW20 as well. Looks like I "missed" the good time to buy an FD shell, I've always wanted to own an FD, but they're going for pretty insane prices right now.

Then again, these Acuras with SH-AWD are starting to get cheap, and wouldn't require $10K in work to make them drive nicely again, they're probably pretty quiet and get decent MPG too... It's hard to accept the reality that 90's cars kinda suck in a lot of ways haha. I feel like I'm becoming the old guy talking about muscle cars.

Corbic
10-16-2020, 11:52 AM
It's hard to accept the reality that 90's cars kinda suck in a lot of ways haha. I feel like I'm becoming the old guy talking about muscle cars.

Fun fact, if "That's 70's Show" was made today with the same premise, it would take place in 1998.

Another problem with 90's cars is the reality that many are not as well build at 60's and 70's classics.

Sheet metal is thin and cheap so it rusts to dust quickly.

Wiring and interiors are light, delicate and extremely vehicle specific.

Aftermarket refurbishment parts are non-existent for most models or high need parts.

Lastly, production numbers are an fly shit compared to the classics.

I'm sure Plymouth built more Dusters in a week than Nissan made 240s over 8 years.

ronmcdon
10-17-2020, 01:01 AM
Talkn about 10yrs of difference in technology

A 2nd gen crx si (88-91 i think) imo is more fun, but definitely not as quick as a fiesta st. have owned both and like them. Is the fiesta st that technologically advanced? it has torque vectoring maybe but have never known it to special technologically in any way.

of all 90's cars and FWD I regret never getting a ITR. Never was brave enough to own one. even my POS crx got stolen twice.

S14rebuild
10-17-2020, 06:14 AM
^for me i luv the 90's simplicity of the cars..feel more connected to car n road. Might not have the power but more of a hands on driving experience feels like real racecar lol

Phlip
10-17-2020, 04:59 PM
A 2nd gen crx si (88-91 i think) imo is more fun, but definitely not as quick as a fiesta st. have owned both and like them. Is the fiesta st that technologically advanced? it has torque vectoring maybe but have never known it to special technologically in any way.

of all 90's cars and FWD I regret never getting a ITR. Never was brave enough to own one. even my POS crx got stolen twice.

My biggest regrets were NOT getting the CRX I literally left the house to buy in 99, then selling my Corolla SR-5 because I was tired of fixing shit in 01, a year before the internet opened a whole new world to me, automotively.

spooled240
10-25-2020, 12:14 PM
Deeeeelhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201025/31fb7ccbe92d8016b8360db035b37626.jpg

KA24DESOneThree
10-26-2020, 08:24 AM
Kinda bums me out that I'm not going to be posting my e30 when it's done, or my S13 when it's back on the track, or my 911 when I get it back on the road.

Should've saved my politics for a different forum.

spooled240
10-26-2020, 11:56 AM
Kinda bums me out that I'm not going to be posting my e30 when it's done, or my S13 when it's back on the track, or my 911 when I get it back on the road.

Should've saved my politics for a different forum.

????????????

KA24DESOneThree
10-26-2020, 03:42 PM
You start worrying about your faces when you're a business owner.

I can't share who I am on this forum because of what I've said, and considering the various hobbies of Zilvia's members, someone will, at some point, connect the dots between cars posted on my business' social media and me. I guarantee that members of this forum have bought products from one of my businesses.

My business customers don't need to know my political ideals or that I'm an asshole. They need to know how much, how to pay, and when they get it.

dizzariot
10-26-2020, 05:31 PM
You start worrying about your faces when you're a business owner.

I can't share who I am on this forum because of what I've said, and considering the various hobbies of Zilvia's members, someone will, at some point, connect the dots between cars posted on my business' social media and me. I guarantee that members of this forum have bought products from one of my businesses.

My business customers don't need to know my political ideals or that I'm an asshole. They need to know how much, how to pay, and when they get it.

It's sad it has to be this way. No matter where you lean as long as this isn't violated and you guys can have a non-antagonistic relationship there should be zero issues with it effecting your business...but 'kids these days' do not understand that there are levels/degrees to what you believe.

Hello from Southern Japan. I am still grumpy.

deolio
10-26-2020, 05:36 PM
I don’t think any of the active posters in the Loud Noises area actually hold any grudges regardless of political alignment, at least I hope not cuz that’d be sad lol

S14rebuild
10-26-2020, 05:40 PM
Yea, i really dont care...not petty, everyone has their own beleves and views...its loud noises, half the time im tryn to poke the bear and get a reaction...but hell if u have a good/service i need, im gonna talk to you qnd make a deal, reguardless of previously mentioned convos.

KA24DESOneThree
10-27-2020, 12:39 PM
It's not about the posters we post with, it's more the fact that anyone can click on my name and see my posts. Most of the people we bicker with in Loud Noises are people I can learn from or who I see doing good work and providing sound advice.

Being a known businessperson is like being a politician- people will start digging up dirt and I've said some shit that is controversial as I've grown into my system of beliefs. I'd rather not end up like the founder of Petrolicious and have to give up ownership or management of something I grew and loved because I said something about an ex-president or cops or Nancy Pelosi's hairy balls.

I know this sounds excessively full of myself but I don't want to get canceled out of something I helped create because I wasn't careful to hold my cards close to the vest. It just bums me out that I can't share stuff with people on a forum I enjoy because it would make it too easy to dox me.

spooled240
10-27-2020, 02:22 PM
It can get pretty heated and personal talking about politics these days and for what? Nothing.. You're not going to change anyone's mind here

ronmcdon
10-27-2020, 02:55 PM
Agreed, don't really see the appeal when it comes to arguing about politics.

deolio
10-27-2020, 04:26 PM
Might only change the mind of 1 in 100, but that 1 could be all it takes to make a difference.

If you have political beliefs, but you never discuss them with anyone, you're doing yourself a disservice. It's like going to change your oil and you have all the tools you need, but but you don't want to lay on the ground and get dirty, so the car just stays on jackstands for 69 years. Ain't changing shit if you aren't willing to get dirty.

collegekid
10-27-2020, 05:21 PM
I know this sounds excessively full of myself but I don't want to get canceled out of something I helped create because I wasn't careful to hold my cards close to the vest. It just bums me out that I can't share stuff with people on a forum I enjoy because it would make it too easy to dox me.

I personally don?t care. Many people probably won?t but I also understand. My dad started his business 22 years ago and we live less than one mile from our shop. Most of our customers don?t even know where we live. We also live pretty private lives (my last fb post was probably in 2012 or something around then)

Sucks balls that you have to live with that kinda fear. But that?s your burden to bear.

Our burden is avoiding violence even though we are over prepared for any kind of violence.
Enjoy your cars man.

Bluejayde
10-28-2020, 06:23 AM
Or, maybe, just maybe... don't be a racist piece of shit and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

KA24DESOneThree
10-28-2020, 08:24 AM
Or, maybe, just maybe... don't be a racist piece of shit and you wouldn't have to worry about it.

Are you friends with Tom Smykowski, by any chance? Racism isn't the only thing that cancels you.

I'm not talking about a local business. I want to be retired at 50 with the ability to spend my time doing whatever I want for the next twenty-five years.

RalliartRsX
10-28-2020, 08:34 AM
I don?t think any of the active posters in the Loud Noises area actually hold any grudges regardless of political alignment, at least I hope not cuz that?d be sad lol

The rep system should be removed from Loud Noises/Political thread. Its amazing how many people are full red because of their opinion and just the inability of some to tolerate an opinion that is not there's

Never ever given a neg rep to anyone from the Loud Noises section, no matter how heated it gets. I go take a few days off, chill out, and realize it's not that serious, but yet, some pieces of shit here tend have immediately neg repped me several times in the past.

Fuck those pieces of this. There I said it....Wish the mods would read this.

On the flip side, if one is actively pushing and supporting violence against another, especially applauding someone killing someone for a political belief, then fuck you, Neg rep and ban that shit to oblivion. There is simple no place for that shit....Period.

I am young and grump. Does that count??

spooled240
10-28-2020, 10:25 AM
Might only change the mind of 1 in 100, but that 1 could be all it takes to make a difference.

If you have political beliefs, but you never discuss them with anyone, you're doing yourself a disservice. It's like going to change your oil and you have all the tools you need, but but you don't want to lay on the ground and get dirty, so the car just stays on jackstands for 69 years. Ain't changing shit if you aren't willing to get dirty.

I discuss politics, just not here..or on the dumpster fire that is FB lol. People are being called racists and pieces of shit for having an opinion. Going off your analogy, some of these discussions are like breaking the drain plug and the oil gets all over you. Then you change the oil pan and put new fresh oil only to find the engine has a rod knock..are we really getting anywhere?

ronmcdon
10-28-2020, 11:09 AM
I've lost actual friends over expressing differing political opinions in the past. I have no control over how the other person is going to react and people can get really triggered. I value my relationships more than having someone agree with me over political beliefs, so not worth the risk of damaging good will. Also here to bullshit and relax, not get stressed out.

kingkilburn
10-29-2020, 09:41 AM
You guys act like your political opinions aren't your core values as a person. I absolutely cut people off for having trash opinions. My family is top of the list with the racism and homophobia they refuse to shut the fuck up about.

KA24DESOneThree
10-29-2020, 11:27 AM
See, that's the problem.

Your core values may be moral, ethical, and considerate of others, but people will consider them negatively if they're associated with a political cause.

Hence me wishing to keep all of it separate from my businesses. It's likely that my consumer products business will take stands with, and donate toward, causes that increase social equality because its clients tend younger, but my restoration and modification business will only take stands on automotive enthusiast causes.

Phlip
11-01-2020, 04:25 PM
Damn, what happened to all the posts on this page?

Corbic
11-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Damn, what happened to all the posts on this page?Butthurt mod?

Phlip
11-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Butthurt mod?
More like a team of anus holes who failed to heed being told to carry their political bullshit to Loud Noises.
But thanks for speaking up as the lead anus hole

dizzariot
11-01-2020, 09:58 PM
More like a team of anus holes who failed to heed being told to carry their political bullshit to Loud Noises.
But thanks for speaking up as the lead anus hole

I mean, I took the bait too but there are a few more posts up that should be axed too...

OT: What the fuck is the point of Project Rough on the Speedhunters website...

KA24DESOneThree
11-02-2020, 04:02 PM
OT: What the fuck is the point of Project Rough on the Speedhunters website...

Ok, so this is like the second hater thread on Zilvia and I'm proud of the assholery present in this thread.

I would never be proud of that instrument filler. I would never install something like that in my car. It just wouldn't come to be, because it looks like cellulite ass in spandex.

DIY is cool. Knowing how to lay fiberglass or carbon fiber is cool. But doing it poorly, then installing it in your car because you can, is lame. That's not something you share with people. It's something that you use as a stepping stone, as a learning experience, as an example of what you once were to compare to what you now are or what you will be.

Woodworking is cool. Making a shift knob that would fail woodshop in high school isn't that cool.

Yo, I get it- dude's proud. But the product isn't worthy of that level of pride.

FaLKoN240
11-02-2020, 08:53 PM
Ok, so this is like the second hater thread on Zilvia and I'm proud of the assholery present in this thread.

I would never be proud of that instrument filler. I would never install something like that in my car. It just wouldn't come to be, because it looks like cellulite ass in spandex.

DIY is cool. Knowing how to lay fiberglass or carbon fiber is cool. But doing it poorly, then installing it in your car because you can, is lame. That's not something you share with people. It's something that you use as a stepping stone, as a learning experience, as an example of what you once were to compare to what you now are or what you will be.

Woodworking is cool. Making a shift knob that would fail woodshop in high school isn't that cool.

Yo, I get it- dude's proud. But the product isn't worthy of that level of pride.

Why yall talking about this and not linking it or posting pics?! :redxd:

ronmcdon
11-02-2020, 11:09 PM
http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/10/project-rough-and-the-diy-curse/

kingkilburn
11-03-2020, 04:26 PM
Project AintCare's slightly more caring but still shitty cousin.

dizzariot
11-09-2020, 08:36 PM
I have it on good authority that the StanceNation dude's two-tone was purchased for north of $30k.

Hold on to your cars lol.

shaggyjake
11-17-2020, 07:44 AM
My aspirations to legally own an S15 are diminishing each day as they approach "down payment on a house" levels of value.

Krusty_s13
11-17-2020, 10:00 AM
I have it on good authority that the StanceNation dude's two-tone was purchased for north of $30k.

Hold on to your cars lol.

I read somewhere that someone mentioned 43k usd as the selling price. :eek: