PDA

View Full Version : Official old grumpy assholes of zilvia thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

spooled240
04-22-2020, 10:25 PM
You guys remember all those muscle cars going for absurd prices in the mid 2000's? Nostalgia sells

SupaDoopa
04-23-2020, 10:11 AM
A picture of an old ass Porsche in a garage doesn't justify spending stupid money on a fucking license plate cover that's not even rare or 'JDM.' Japanese plates are long and thing. The fucking covers were made over there with the INTENT to send here. Now you got some fucking fuccboi spending $250 on it when they were mass produced and sold at dealers for like $9.99. I'll even replicate them, sell them for $40 and make $30.01 profit.

That's actually not a bad idea...

/fires up 3D printer and vinyl cutter

mechanicalmoron
04-23-2020, 10:58 AM
A picture of an old ass Porsche in a garage doesn't justify spending stupid money on a fucking license plate cover that's not even rare or 'JDM.' Japanese plates are long and thing. The fucking covers were made over there with the INTENT to send here. Now you got some fucking fuccboi spending $250 on it when they were mass produced and sold at dealers for like $9.99. I'll even replicate them, sell them for $40 and make $30.01 profit.

That's actually not a bad idea...

/fires up 3D printer and vinyl cutter

Non sequitur.

What are you even talking about? I posted a picture of an old-ass car that's worth an obscene amount, in response to you complaining about very different old-ass slow cars (and engines) that people wants lots of money - then you started crying about license plate surrounds.

Have you ever stood by any position you took, without having to weasel it into something totally different?

SupaDoopa
04-23-2020, 12:29 PM
Non sequitur.

What are you even talking about? I posted a picture of an old-ass car that's worth an obscene amount, in response to you complaining about very different old-ass slow cars (and engines) that people wants lots of money - then you started crying about license plate surrounds.

Have you ever stood by any position you took, without having to weasel it into something totally different?

I didn't realize we had to follow a specific train of thought or conversation in accordance with you. I'll pass unless you want me to just take pictures of random shit in my garage. I think I have a vintage hammer about that old.

I don't need to sit here and post 'clout' pictures of my cars such as my Camaro collection starting with a launch year numbers matching 1967 with the newest addition a couple months ago with a 1LE completing having at least 1 SS/Z from every generation. I'll just let you post pictures of shit you don't drive and neglect.

Sit down, little guy, and put whoever's car that is back where you found it.

SupaDoopa
04-23-2020, 12:37 PM
P.S. A beat to shit 356C isn't worth nearly as much as you think - especially if you're showing signs of rust like those wheel wells and damage that'll have to be repaired like the fender itself - and that's just what's visible in that picture. I should have added this to the previous post but Zilvia decided to take a shit while I was typing.

KA24DESOneThree
04-23-2020, 02:35 PM
That's not a C, it's a B T5. You can tell because the hood is a nearly-constant radius and the T6 and C had "squared" edges.

Looks better than almost everything I've had as a restoration start.

It's funny, people shit on the 356 without having driven one. A sorted one is fun- can't tell it's a drum-braked car with a steering box. The vast majority have a fully-synchromesh transmission that's fairly positive and modern-feeling.

Edit: Now I'm thinking I want to do a smog-legal Renesis-swapped hatch with ings N-spec aero.

spooled240
04-24-2020, 12:47 PM
I don't even know what we are talking about anymore.

Mods, please rename thread to "Official Old Grumpy Senile ADHD-Diagnosed Assholes Thread"

dorkidori_s13
04-24-2020, 10:14 PM
I don't even know what we are talking about anymore.

Mods, please rename thread to "Official Old Grumpy Senile ADHD-Diagnosed Assholes Thread"

dude its the same thing as the "future RWD thread". going on and on about things that make no sense... *sigh*

mechanicalmoron
04-24-2020, 11:20 PM
I didn't realize we had to follow a specific train of thought or conversation in accordance with you. I'll pass unless you want me to just take pictures of random shit in my garage. I think I have a vintage hammer about that old.

I don't need to sit here and post 'clout' pictures of my cars such as my Camaro collection starting with a launch year numbers matching 1967 with the newest addition a couple months ago with a 1LE completing having at least 1 SS/Z from every generation. I'll just let you post pictures of shit you don't drive and neglect.

Sit down, little guy, and put whoever's car that is back where you found it.

P.S. A beat to shit 356C isn't worth nearly as much as you think - especially if you're showing signs of rust like those wheel wells and damage that'll have to be repaired like the fender itself - and that's just what's visible in that picture. I should have added this to the previous post but Zilvia decided to take a shit while I was typing.

It was just a pretty one on google.

I think it was 79k. Might have been 89. Allegedly honest car with nothing too special, but original documents, plates, etc.

The rust is necessary - a "dishonest car" isn't worth shit. That's what they care about. They want the old broken shit they like to fix their way, not a shiny fast car. It's about it not having had you touch it.

It's just a good example of a slow crappy car that's worth something because people want it, not because of it's hot lap in some motor magazine.

What's a split window bug worth? Just a fucking volkswagen. With the bottom foot of body still underground.

You don't seem to know if you thought that was my car or not - of course not. I'd be happy with a long hood, but glass ruins the look. So does paint. Wanna see my fords? I know you do. I'm not here for your "pedigree".

[240sx]
04-25-2020, 12:04 AM
dude its the same thing as the "future RWD thread". going on and on about things that make no sense... *sigh*You mean actual forum activity?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

dizzariot
04-25-2020, 12:09 AM
;6378974']You mean actual forum activity?

I think the level of activity here is hire than the uh...YouTube question thread.

I, for one, will not be blamed for Corbic derailing a thread. He?s like herpes and we just live with it and try to avoid a flare up.

Carry on.

dm15
04-25-2020, 09:48 PM
Got tired of the nuked photobucket DIY threads, So I decided to take pictures on how to remove a S13 fender for my future build thread lol. This virus got me bored af.

I appreciate you doing this. Nothing is more annoying than doing research on how to do something and it's a 5 year old thread where the users are telling the OP to use the search bar and link a 10 year old thread with dead picture links

KA24DESOneThree
04-26-2020, 10:46 AM
Allegedly honest car with nothing too special, but original documents, plates, etc.

The rust is necessary - a "dishonest car" isn't worth shit. That's what they care about. They want the old broken shit they like to fix their way, not a shiny fast car. It's about it not having had you touch it.

It's just a good example of a slow crappy car that's worth something because people want it, not because of it's hot lap in some motor magazine.

What's a split window bug worth? Just a fucking volkswagen. With the bottom foot of body still underground.

You don't seem to know if you thought that was my car or not - of course not. I'd be happy with a long hood, but glass ruins the look. So does paint. Wanna see my fords? I know you do. I'm not here for your "pedigree".

The 356 may be "crappy" compared to moderns but it's light years ahead of most of its contemporaries. Only when '63 rolled around and Alfa came out with the 105-series did the 356 start slipping badly.

The rust isn't necessary. The provenance of being able to prove the numbers match and having some service records is important. If there's no rust, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to restore than if there is rust- I have a car in the shop that's had over 2,000 hours of metal work alone. That's six digits of metal work. No one who wants a good car wants rust, period. Rust isn't part of the nostalgia.

People like old cars because they've had old cars or because they have/had modern cars and realized that they're boring as hell to live with. Some old cars are rarer than others and are more expensive to restore than others.

Source: I've been working on and selling classic air-cooleds for 13 years.

Also, this thread made no sense from day one. It's OG (or second-wave OG) S-chassis dudes shooting the shit.

mechanicalmoron
04-26-2020, 08:24 PM
The 356 may be "crappy" compared to moderns but it's light years ahead of most of its contemporaries. Only when '63 rolled around and Alfa came out with the 105-series did the 356 start slipping badly.

The rust isn't necessary. The provenance of being able to prove the numbers match and having some service records is important. If there's no rust, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to restore than if there is rust- I have a car in the shop that's had over 2,000 hours of metal work alone. That's six digits of metal work. No one who wants a good car wants rust, period. Rust isn't part of the nostalgia.

People like old cars because they've had old cars or because they have/had modern cars and realized that they're boring as hell to live with. Some old cars are rarer than others and are more expensive to restore than others.

Source: I've been working on and selling classic air-cooleds for 13 years.

Also, this thread made no sense from day one. It's OG (or second-wave OG) S-chassis dudes shooting the shit.

Well yeah, you're right. I think you might have misinterpreted my point(s).

But yeah, they're exactly crappy old cars. I'm not talking about their potential. They're beautiful things I love, how crappy they are is NOT a point against them, or their value.

The honest rusty one is a lot better than a dishonest badly done rust-less one. That one's surface rust - would you buy a car like that, with totally pristine black wheel wells? No, they're fucking lying to you and you know it's crud spread over cancer.

What I'm saying is, the "market forces" and "values" supa sees, or that the guys writing the masturbatory articles in panorama that talk about the things effecting the air cooled bubble (or now, lack thereof) and all that, are seeing without perceiving. Horsepower is not value. Power to weight is not value. New things without rust, not value. Things you love that they don't make anymore? That's value.

Now that I think about it, supa's probably reading the classic-camaro-jerks version of pano. So he would understand THOSE crappy old cars being worth a mint.

SupaDoopa
04-27-2020, 07:21 AM
That's not a C, it's a B T5. You can tell because the hood is a nearly-constant radius and the T6 and C had "squared" edges.

Looks better than almost everything I've had as a restoration start.

It's funny, people shit on the 356 without having driven one. A sorted one is fun- can't tell it's a drum-braked car with a steering box. The vast majority have a fully-synchromesh transmission that's fairly positive and modern-feeling.

Edit: Now I'm thinking I want to do a smog-legal Renesis-swapped hatch with ings N-spec aero.

A T5 wouldn't have twin grills in the front - a T6 would - making it aesthetically the same as a 365C without drums.

KA24DESOneThree
04-27-2020, 12:12 PM
A T5 wouldn't have twin grills in the front - a T6 would - making it aesthetically the same as a 365C without drums.

T6/C Nose panel
https://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP195
T5/B Nose panel
https://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/PP196

13 years, 900+ cars through our doors. I'm not swinging my dick, I'm just saying- I know these mufugs.

SupaDoopa
04-27-2020, 02:23 PM
Then the gentleman that brought us three must've not really been correctly aged correctly. Granted we didn't touch the front ends, they all looked identical. Same more-squared hoods. His 'daily' was supposedly a T5 with no front end grills and a rounded nose. I'll have to make a phone call and just ask WHAT THE FUCK.

Well yeah, you're right. I think you might have misinterpreted my point(s).

But yeah, they're exactly crappy old cars. I'm not talking about their potential. They're beautiful things I love, how crappy they are is NOT a point against them, or their value.

The honest rusty one is a lot better than a dishonest badly done rust-less one. That one's surface rust - would you buy a car like that, with totally pristine black wheel wells? No, they're fucking lying to you and you know it's crud spread over cancer.

What I'm saying is, the "market forces" and "values" supa sees, or that the guys writing the masturbatory articles in panorama that talk about the things effecting the air cooled bubble (or now, lack thereof) and all that, are seeing without perceiving. Horsepower is not value. Power to weight is not value. New things without rust, not value. Things you love that they don't make anymore? That's value.

Now that I think about it, supa's probably reading the classic-camaro-jerks version of pano. So he would understand THOSE crappy old cars being worth a mint.

I don't know what sort of drugs you take to be able to spew so much meaningless garbage like this but whatever it is, keep it the fuck away from me. 'Honest' and 'dishonest' cars... are you actually high? A car is a car. Production numbers and demand dictate their value - not how pretty you think it is. Half of the ugliest cars known to fucking man are worth more than gold reserves hidden away by billionaires.

Also. I'm ready for this COVID-19 shit to end.

mechanicalmoron
04-27-2020, 03:45 PM
Then the gentleman that brought us three must've not really been correctly aged correctly. Granted we didn't touch the front ends, they all looked identical. Same more-squared hoods. His 'daily' was supposedly a T5 with no front end grills and a rounded nose. I'll have to make a phone call and just ask WHAT THE FUCK.

I don't know what sort of drugs you take to be able to spew so much meaningless garbage like this but whatever it is, keep it the fuck away from me. 'Honest' and 'dishonest' cars... are you actually high? A car is a car. Production numbers and demand dictate their value - not how pretty you think it is. Half of the ugliest cars known to fucking man are worth more than gold reserves hidden away by billionaires.

Also. I'm ready for this COVID-19 shit to end.

Yeah, said the dude who works on hacked up mix n' match dishonest cars.

deolio
04-27-2020, 04:12 PM
the last page has been a really good read, would suggest reading 11/10

sike

mechanicalmoron
04-27-2020, 04:19 PM
the last page has been a really good read, would suggest reading 11/10

sike

Maybe if you keep reading along, you'll realize you actually like cars.

deolio
04-27-2020, 04:44 PM
Maybe if you keep reading along, you'll realize you actually like cars.

love cars... aside from z33's and e36's :ddog:

mechanicalmoron
04-27-2020, 08:56 PM
Considering how much you guys seemed to lurve talking about it, here's that car (https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1961/porsche/356/101040232). Again, just one of the first that came up when I googled something about 356s. Pretty, non-matching engine, any when you read it, they even used the word.... "honest".

It'd be such a shame to "restore". Looks like it needs a gentle washing, and it's a sweet driver.

SupaDoopa
04-28-2020, 07:15 AM
Considering how much you guys seemed to lurve talking about it, here's that car (https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1961/porsche/356/101040232). Again, just one of the first that came up when I googled something about 356s. Pretty, non-matching engine, any when you read it, they even used the word.... "honest".

It'd be such a shame to "restore". Looks like it needs a gentle washing, and it's a sweet driver.

Please quote where I said anything about 'dishonest.' You're a fucking idiot. Not even well-spoken, either. Just spewing all sorts of incoherent blabbering.

I also edited your username. You were obviously previously well informed of your brain capacity while deciding on what username to use here.

The car is cool and could probably be made into something nice with enough time and money which directly pulls away from the value of that being a collectors car. People want original condition, nothing added or fucked with. Having to change panels and re-paint DOES matter. Will it be cool to drive? Absolutely. Is it rare? Absolutely. Is it a gold mine the way it sits? No. Most modern collectors cars would sell for much more in today's market than that. Porsche has specific models that were gold mines. While that is 'valuable,' it's not the holy grail. That's a drivers car, not as much a collectors car.

----------------

On to the next topic: who has morons on dirt bikes and ATV's riding on the highway because they think law enforcement can't be bothered? We do and one kid got smacked and killed by a car.

mechanicalmoron
04-28-2020, 08:26 AM
[b]

Please quote where I said anything about 'dishonest.' You're a fucking idiot. Not even well-spoken, either. Just spewing all sorts of incoherent blabbering.

I also edited your username. You were obviously previously well informed of your brain capacity while deciding on what username to use here.

The car is cool and could probably be made into something nice with enough time and money which directly pulls away from the value of that being a collectors car. People want original condition, nothing added or fucked with. Having to change panels and re-paint DOES matter. Will it be cool to drive? Absolutely. Is it rare? Absolutely. Is it a gold mine the way it sits? No. Most modern collectors cars would sell for much more in today's market than that. Porsche has specific models that were gold mines. While that is 'valuable,' it's not the holy grail. That's a drivers car, not as much a collectors car.

----------------

On to the next topic: who has morons on dirt bikes and ATV's riding on the highway because they think law enforcement can't be bothered? We do and one kid got smacked and killed by a car.

Learn to fucking read.

Paint that car and you might as well drop a match and walk, so far as my interest in it goes.

souljaseth33
04-28-2020, 09:11 AM
[b]

----------------

This is becoming more common in my area. Had someone crash into a few parked cars last year, but nothing really since.

ZenkiKid
04-28-2020, 09:35 AM
them motors are getting expensive in Japan land... SR motor sets in decent shape are selling for like $1700-$2000 right now.

dont even try to buy a 180sx zenki bumper. those are going for $600 EASY anymore.

I got my s13 in late 2006 so I was lucky enough to buy stuff before it got really crazy....

I remember when RB25 short blocks were going for not even a grand. I remember when SR motor sets were going for <$1k for early red tops. Mint s13 front ends going for like $600, etc. Prices are nuts now.

I bought a Nardi Gara and HKB hub for my s13 from NEOTECH (I bought quite a bit of stuff from NEOTECH and Panda Garage. IIRC they split the shipment container) for $80 a little over 10 years ago Nowadays the wheel alone is going for double. Then again prices on Nardi stuff in general seem to have gone up.

KA24DESOneThree
04-28-2020, 01:36 PM
I wish I'd kept some of the Carbing stuff I had.

That 356 actually was highly optioned from the factory- fog lights, headlight stone guards, headrests, Coco mats, chrome wheels, chrome luggage rack, compensating spring, Blaupunkt Frankfurt, special paint. Been a while since I've seen a BT5 non-Super-90 with such an extensive options list. I have two '61 Super cases in my parts.

I can't decide if I want my next build to be a proper driver (i.e. built specifically for having fun on backroads) or an exercise in aesthetics. If I want a driver, I'm going to build an E36 coupe in the vein of a Peugeot 205 or 106 Rallye- minimum weight, fun engine, relatively soft, no-frills. If I want an exercise in aesthetics, I'm going to build an S13 hatch.

dizzariot
04-29-2020, 01:07 AM
I wish I'd kept some of the Carbing stuff I had.

Carbing can still be had via Tein. They are a supplier.

Is anyone feeling the Hakone 86 as much as I am. Any arguments besides the horsepower or are y'all still in your feelings about that.

SupaDoopa
04-29-2020, 06:42 AM

Is anyone feeling the Hakone 86 as much as I am. Any arguments besides the horsepower or are y'all still in your feelings about that.

It - to me - is trying too hard to be the older Miata with the green and tan. It's trying to fit in with a windy street carver. I'm sure it's capable but I'd like to see mechanical changes for the upgrade rather than just a paint job and seat covers with an exterior lip or two. Maybe some better suspension bits or something... anything!

KA24DESOneThree
04-29-2020, 08:27 AM

Interesting about Carbing.

I like the color of the Hakone 86 but I'd rather build an S-chassis for $30k. I drove an FR-S when they first came out and the steering is not acceptable to me. The seats would be nice if they were a solid color rather than emulating Sparcos from the mid-'00s and the back seats don't even match. They're still black! The leather (or is it faux leather? who cares) looks incredibly cheap and the interior materials don't give off that early-'90s vibe of cheap but well-built.

FaLKoN240
04-29-2020, 04:58 PM
I think you guys should be on VWvortex or oldcootstalkingaboutporsches.net

FaLKoN240
04-29-2020, 04:58 PM

e1_griego
04-29-2020, 05:12 PM
FR-S/BRZ steering is pretty damned good, imo. Electric ps but still great feel and weight.

Hard to stomach paying $30k for one, though.

deolio
04-29-2020, 05:57 PM

for real. forgot this was a z/s chassis forum with all that irrelevant babbling bullshit

mechanicalmoron
04-29-2020, 06:22 PM

Sounds like you feel left out.

I know a d-jet 914 that's getting a 2.7 - I think I'm going to try to snag the 1.8 for some sort of horrifying attempted butchery into something old and japanese - will report back when I'm scrapping whatever happens.

dizzariot
04-29-2020, 11:50 PM
It - to me - is trying too hard to be the older Miata with the green and tan. It's trying to fit in with a windy street carver. I'm sure it's capable but I'd like to see mechanical changes for the upgrade rather than just a paint job and seat covers with an exterior lip or two. Maybe some better suspension bits or something... anything!

I agree with you to some extent man but the green/tan is copied the world over on a ton of vehicles. Tribute to British racing colors.

Yeah I know it's the same shit as all the others. Maybe I'm just craving a warranty and new car shit again.

Interesting about Carbing.

I like the color of the Hakone 86 but I'd rather build an S-chassis for $30k. I drove an FR-S when they first came out and the steering is not acceptable to me. The seats would be nice if they were a solid color rather than emulating Sparcos from the mid-'00s and the back seats don't even match. They're still black! The leather (or is it faux leather? who cares) looks incredibly cheap and the interior materials don't give off that early-'90s vibe of cheap but well-built.

I really only give a fuck about the exterior color lol. New bumper sucks ass. Interior color is cool at a distance but I agree with you on the actual material.

A buddy of mine got one for $25k out the door, thank you epidemic. With that extra $5k you can get coils, arms, and wheels. Maybe even some headers and the OFT. I'd fuck with it.

Do you guys have 'newer' cars in your household? The newest car I have in Japan is an '05 XTrail lol. I don't have nice things outside of my S15s.

e1_griego
04-30-2020, 08:39 AM
I've put more parts on my s13 in the last 5 months than the last 4 years.

Having fun throwing money at it again, and I sold my (giantpieceofshitfuckyouverymuch) MR2 after about 16 months of struggle and black-hole spending. Needed to remember that modding is fun lol.

My garage consists of s13, 2013 brz, 1997 miata, a 2017 fiesta ST i bought in January, a 99 rav4 that i daily drove for the last year and I keep as a spare car (lol), and my wife drives a 2011 Rav4 V6.

spooled240
04-30-2020, 11:46 AM
I agree with you to some extent man but the green/tan is copied the world over on a ton of vehicles. Tribute to British racing colors.

Yeah I know it's the same shit as all the others. Maybe I'm just craving a warranty and new car shit again.

I really only give a fuck about the exterior color lol. New bumper sucks ass. Interior color is cool at a distance but I agree with you on the actual material.

A buddy of mine got one for $25k out the door, thank you epidemic. With that extra $5k you can get coils, arms, and wheels. Maybe even some headers and the OFT. I'd fuck with it.

Do you guys have 'newer' cars in your household? The newest car I have in Japan is an '05 XTrail lol. I don't have nice things outside of my S15s.

Didn't you have one that you sold because fuckbois were ruining da game and they forgot about Dre?

SupaDoopa
04-30-2020, 11:49 AM
Meh. Maybe I'm just a guy who likes black interior. I have a '99 UK-Spec S14a that has grey leather that I've been searching long and hard for just regular ol' black side panels so I don't have to be gay and cover it with some sort of black fabric [which almost seems like the only logical route that isn't going to cost me a billion dollars]. I'm also surprised that no one wants to buy the front/rear bumpers and skirts, too. These are wild times we live in.

KA24DESOneThree
04-30-2020, 12:10 PM

Before I bought my 2019 Colorado ZR2 Bison, my wife's 2015 Rubicon was still 11 years newer than my daily.

However, my ZR2 is not nice. The interior quality is laughable. It does have heated seats and a heated steering wheel so when I'm running trails in the mountains I can smell pine and still be toasty. It is for getting out of town and for housekeeping/yardwork/towing duties.

I'm looking forward to buying a PHEV or a Leaf for daily duty. My commute is 2 miles.

@e1- The car I drove had 18" TRD wheels. I wonder if that absolutely killed the steering feel, because it was numb. My worn-out, poorly-maintained '96 M3 was revelatory in comparison.

e1_griego
04-30-2020, 12:14 PM
I'll be honest, I haven't driven a stock one in a couple of years, and even that one had RE71s on it haha.

My car has a lot of susp bits, a lot of camber, and great tires so it's not really a fair comparison.

You're probably right that it's not quite as communicative as a hydraulic setup, but the front end of my car feels like a laser beam (especially with the new a052s).

Also, it's definitely wearing worse than my s13 interior haha. Same goes for the Fiesta. The plastics scuff soooooo easily and kill my brain.

DRIFTER-M
04-30-2020, 01:49 PM
I got my s13 in late 2006 so I was lucky enough to buy stuff before it got really crazy....

I remember when RB25 short blocks were going for not even a grand. I remember when SR motor sets were going for <$1k for early red tops. Mint s13 front ends going for like $600, etc. Prices are nuts now.

I bought a Nardi Gara and HKB hub for my s13 from NEOTECH (I bought quite a bit of stuff from NEOTECH and Panda Garage. IIRC they split the shipment container) for $80 a little over 10 years ago Nowadays the wheel alone is going for double. Then again prices on Nardi stuff in general seem to have gone up.

I feel you...

But...

I got my first s-chassis in 04 (though my sister had one in the 90s which began my obsession) and I never remember SRs being anywhere close to sub 1k for a motorset. They use to be 1500-1800 pretty regularly (usually blacktop s13 would venture closer to 1800), and s14 blacktops were low 2000.

Wherever you found them for that price, regardless of year, was a stupid good deal or very poor conditioned motors.

Wheels are ridiculous. Truly can't stand the current market BS. So much of the dumb "flip boi" kids got into the scene and started screwing stuff up. I sold my 3 pieces Kranze with dope sizing for 1k 2 years ago. $1000. Finding wheels today is a nightmare. Even stuff like MB Battles people are charging some "rare" markup on ROFL. I don't have the heart to tell people you can import the original CST wheels brand new for around the same dang price as the current inflated "rare" markup if you find the right person.

Stupid.

SupaDoopa
04-30-2020, 01:53 PM
I have a year old Legacy I drive due to the weather out here so the AWD is nice. The wife drives a newer Jeep. Then I have a slew of 90's Nissans for no fucking reason. I do however want to get a 4Runner and explore the country one of these days.

mechanicalmoron
04-30-2020, 04:13 PM
MB Battles people are charging some "rare" markup on ROFL. I don't have the heart to tell people you can import the original CST wheels brand new for around the same dang price as the current inflated "rare" markup if you find the right person.

Stupid.

Forgive my ignorance, but that's the same MB they sell at discount tire, with 93 holes to fit every car ever made?

They look pretty sweet, if you like having 93 holes in your sweet wheels.

I only realized this when I bought a 200 dollar acura with MB wheels, and accidentally became a cool kid. Is there some other MB that's not designed primarily to be so cheap you can buy new ones with every set of tires?

....I just call them discount tire wheels. At least they don't say "american outlaw" or some shit.

DRIFTER-M
04-30-2020, 06:56 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but that's the same MB they sell at discount tire, with 93 holes to fit every car ever made?

They look pretty sweet, if you like having 93 holes in your sweet wheels.

I only realized this when I bought a 200 dollar acura with MB wheels, and accidentally became a cool kid. Is there some other MB that's not designed primarily to be so cheap you can buy new ones with every set of tires?

....I just call them discount tire wheels. At least they don't say "american outlaw" or some shit.

https://www.mballoywheels.com/custom-wheels-rims-battle/

That is the battle. They were sold exclusively through Discount, then they expanded to I think Enjuku and a few others nationally for a while.

They were ~600 for a set of 4 (maybe cheaper on sale), I think $650 towards the end, but still relatively cheap.

Battles are the American version of CST hyper wheels (Japan). MB supposedly lost the license or didn't renew 2 years ago with CST to make them in N/A, so they are no longer sold in the states. CST Hyper still is sold new in Japan.

Anyway, kids now selling them as RARE!* DISCONTINUED*

And it's lame. They are cheap cast wheels in good sizes, but nothing particularly special or rare. Just hype boys capitalizing on their discontinuation. For the price I see many of them go for used now, you can just by Enkei's which are better built wheels. Just sucks as I sold my weds to grab Battles, and now they are apparently rare and I refuse to accept the dumb prices for a cheap cast wheel.

Over the last 10 years I have always had 1 (or 2) s-chassis alongside a 2011 Genesis (bought with 6 miles on it off the boat - sold it 2012), a 2013 Versa (totaled by a dude who ran a red light when I was driving to work), 2014 Dodge Dart (traded in 2016 for...) 2016 Jeep - needed something bigger for family.

Again. Still have s-chassis too, still will always have at least 1.

dizzariot
04-30-2020, 08:01 PM
My garage consists of s13, 2013 brz, 1997 miata...

This right here is a good setup. I have:

'93 240SX in storage
'89 Silvia
'00 Silvia
'05 XTrail
'00 Silvia

'89 and red Spec R (sadly) are already on the chopping block. Not having a garage sucks. I always think about getting an NB Miata. I reeeeally think about it a lot lol.

Didn't you have one that you sold because fuckbois were ruining da game and they forgot about Dre?

Yeah. It was a weird time. I was actually looking for that 'sense of community' but I would regularly get suspended from the forum and then got banned when someone tried to lowball me in FS thread. That, paired with the fact that I went to ONE meet up and I was the oldest dude there really threw me off.

Nowadays I really give no fucks. I don't really need 'car friends' or 'cruise buddies' because car people fucking suck LOL.

Didn't want to pull out everyone's quote, but it seems like a mixed bag of dailies. Maybe I'm just lame. Probably.

e1_griego
04-30-2020, 08:06 PM
The fiesta is the most fun of the bunch! Torque peak at 2300 rpm or something, completely novel.

I have basically built my own NB as my NA has a VVT swap, bolt-ons, etc. I have an NB subframe stashed away so I'll put that in at some point when I have the motor out, along with ABS. Would have been way easier to just, you know, but an NB ... but I don't like them as much and don't fit as well.

I parted out my 2nd s13 to buy my BRZ 4 years ago and I'm finally regretting that a bit. Not the BRZ, but I wish I would have kept the shell at least. No room at the time, and now I have LOTS of room for parking.

SupaDoopa
04-30-2020, 08:08 PM
I regret letting go of half of the cool shit I used to own. It's like we all go through this weird phase where we are stupid fucking children then realize we're dumb and sell off all our shit minus maybe one cool thing then have an epiphany that we have just NOW grown up realizing we should have kept it all.

Life is wild.

deolio
04-30-2020, 09:15 PM
then realize we're dumb and sell off all our shit

trying my hardest to skip this phase. can't imagine what the prices will be like in 5-10 years or whenever i'd get to that "i want an s13 again" phase.

newest car i've owned was a 2009 is250. worst. clutch. ever. sold it before getting sucked into trying to modify that gutless bs. creature comforts were nice though.

nb is the only car i regret getting rid of, which i only did after i rolled it... and drove it for 6 more months... and then blew up the motor... pricing on those things is equally as bad as s chassis though and 4x100 sucks dick, but other than that, 10/10 car. would love to get an nc some day.

spooled240
04-30-2020, 09:28 PM
Yeah. It was a weird time. I was actually looking for that 'sense of community' but I would regularly get suspended from the forum and then got banned when someone tried to lowball me in FS thread. That, paired with the fact that I went to ONE meet up and I was the oldest dude there really threw me off.

Nowadays I really give no fucks. I don't really need 'car friends' or 'cruise buddies' because car people fucking suck LOL.

There are still cool car people out there, but most of them are not on forums or go to car meets. The worst car people usually frequent those places..with exceptions, of course. It's dead here, but we all seem to bond over the fact that a cheap 90's Nissan ruined our lives financially, emotionally, or just in general.

mechanicalmoron
04-30-2020, 10:47 PM

09 hyundai accent.

It was a carpenter's work truck, for creeping through very slow, rough roads to work on off-grid houses. I bought it for a hundred bucks needing a timing belt and two valves. Powerwashed it extensively inside and out, pushed out some dents, removed the workbench jig thing in the trunk, did 3 wheel bearings, slapped some pads and shoes, buffed up the metal on metal scars on the rotors and drums, replaced the coat hangers with door handles.

She's cherry now.

I think it's my only car from this century. It's a modern clone of an old honda, the only problem is the door handles are constructed so that if you give them a good yank, you're likely to yank a plastic hook part off inside the door, and to need a coathanger.

SupaDoopa
05-01-2020, 07:26 AM
So you basically bought a shit box to rebuild the whole thing and it still be worth probably $200? Nice.

Hyundai... modern clone of a Honda. Makes sense. Being made in the same country and everything.

mechanicalmoron
05-01-2020, 08:08 AM
So you basically bought a shit box to rebuild the whole thing and it still be worth probably $200? Nice.

Hyundai... modern clone of a Honda. Makes sense. Being made in the same country and everything.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I did. Simple cheap reliability is priceless.

You sound scared - relax, it's the world's easiest gasket and pad slap, to end up with a great car.

What's the country got to do with it? Ripping off designs is borderless. Kalashnikov isn't a Chinese name, ya'know?

SupaDoopa
05-01-2020, 08:38 AM
I wish there was a way to block you because everything you say is fucking stupid.

mechanicalmoron
05-01-2020, 08:51 AM
I wish there was a way to block you because everything you say is fucking stupid.

Go back to facebook, snowflake.

SupaDoopa
05-01-2020, 09:29 AM
A real intelligent rebuttal.

mechanicalmoron
05-01-2020, 09:40 AM
A real intelligent rebuttal.

That's the nicest sentence fragment I've read all day.

collegekid
05-01-2020, 09:48 AM
intelligent

nice

Will you two just match on grindr already?

SupaDoopa
05-01-2020, 10:47 AM
On a sandwich?

TollieLifted
05-01-2020, 12:22 PM
I regret letting go of half of the cool shit I used to own. It's like we all go through this weird phase where we are stupid fucking children then realize we're dumb and sell off all our shit minus maybe one cool thing then have an epiphany that we have just NOW grown up realizing we should have kept it all.

Life is wild.

THIS.

10char

deolio
05-01-2020, 01:20 PM

there is in the user cp. it hides their replies, but you?ll see them if someone quotes them. i?ll take not seeing corbic?s stupid mustang posts 90% of the time over seeing them 100% of the time so i can?t really complain.

[240sx]
05-01-2020, 01:56 PM
there is in the user cp. it hides their replies, but you?ll see them if someone quotes them. i?ll take not seeing corbic?s stupid mustang posts 90% of the time over seeing them 100% of the time so i can?t really complain.Bro....you must have block him along time ago. He's nut swinging FCA in his barge Challenger.

SupaDoopa
05-01-2020, 02:08 PM
Wow. A whole new world and experience is available now that I know/care how to block.

mrmephistopheles
05-01-2020, 06:03 PM
Wow. A whole new world and experience is available now that I know/care how to block.

If I were on here more, I'd suggest you block me too... :wavey::wavey:

mechanicalmoron
05-02-2020, 08:28 PM

Let me know how that works out. Or don't.

I'll just leave this here. (https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=672209)

And this. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-yG3D3JBRs)

:kiss:

brndck
05-04-2020, 08:16 AM
If I were on here more, I'd suggest you block me too... :wavey::wavey:

but I would miss you too much! :keke::keke::keke:

da_crew10
05-04-2020, 07:12 PM
Tafuq happened in this thread. I remember the first time I commented here was to start shit. Had a few laughs. Just scrolled past the last 5 pages and this is a pointless thread.

Anyone angry or want to fight?

BryanSayWhat
05-04-2020, 08:47 PM
Anyone angry or want to fight?Fake VHS filters on drift/ car videos suck turds.

I can understand doing an intro, or small section, but please don't do the entire video with that shit.

merlz
05-04-2020, 10:09 PM
Fake VHS filters on drift/ car videos suck turds.

I can understand doing an intro, or small section, but please don't do the entire video with that shit.

Yup, Yup and Yup!!
Become way too common now with these shit filters that are obviously fake.

I'd much rather you grab a 15+ yr old phone to at least make them legit.

deolio
05-04-2020, 10:56 PM
people buying wheels/parts off yaj and croooober just to resell them can go fuck themselves. sick of bidding on shit and then seeing it a month later for like 69x the price.

merlz
05-04-2020, 11:03 PM
people buying wheels/parts off yaj and croooober just to resell them can go fuck themselves. sick of bidding on shit and then seeing it a month later for like 69x the price.

I think that was the reason this Grumpy Asshole thread started lol.

Also thinking, in another 15 years time. I might be able to make all the money i spent on my car back thanks to these fuckwits who inflate everything 90's 2000's jdm parts related.

KA24DESOneThree
05-05-2020, 10:09 AM
It's a seller's market. Rare parts aren't being made anymore, so the prices go up as demand increases.

I'd rather have to "overpay" for exceptional period parts than have them lost to history or end up on some fuccboi's Insta-missile that he'll sell in six months so he can gain clout another way.

Of course, I'm not buying any parts so my argument is invalid.

DJDANGER24
05-05-2020, 12:27 PM
I see it like this, you buy those rare parts, youre enabling the price skyrocketing because you demand those parts....and they will supply it for a premium. You dont want to pay those stupid prices and want it first, get on YAJ and Croober and buy it all. Or buy new shit and be done with the fucboi's, thats what im doing haha

deolio
05-05-2020, 05:11 PM
You dont want to pay those stupid prices and want it first, get on YAJ and Croober and buy it all.

i mean... that's what i'm trying to do. i guess i'm basically just driving up the price by bidding against them :facepalm: i just shouldn't fuck with anything but listings with buy it now option. i did score some og clear uras corner lights for $10 today though. last pair i saw for sale went for $500 :dead:

Farzam
05-06-2020, 12:26 PM
I see it two ways

There's scarcity, inflation, etc. The less that something becomes available, the higher the price tends to go. So yeah, if someone hangs onto something and they want more for it and people will pay, it is what it is.

But then there's price gouging. For shit that isn't even really that cool. Cheap assholes get their hands on things and want every penny back they ever put into it. Or kids buy stuff off croober and try to mark it up 10x stateside. There are so many sets of wheels or bits of aero I could mention but I'd probably get death threats mailed to me. I still like em but I'll never ever ever ever ever pay what someone else will for them

gbaby2089
05-06-2020, 12:45 PM
I think the issue is kids hear about something being cool & just do it to death. There's very little creativity to what a lot of the hypebeast kids do.

Ganadors, whatever aero is popular at the minute, whatever wheels are popular at the minute, ugly hitman steering wheel, etc.

deolio
05-06-2020, 04:28 PM
kids hear about something being cool & just do it to death

that's the american way. always overdo shit. very few people know how to do things with a light touch.

drifting is cool. BUILT V8 PROAM CAR
deep dish wheels are nice. 8 INCH STEP LIP
camber looks/works alright. -39 DEGREES CAMBERGANG BRO
widebody is neat. ROCKET BUNNY FLANDERS EVERYTHINGGGGG
liveries are sometimes rad. FUCKING. STICKERS. EVERYWHEREEEEE

bigs
05-06-2020, 05:09 PM
I think the issue is kids hear about something being cool & just do it to death. There's very little creativity to what a lot of the hypebeast kids do.

The fact that you posted this means you follow them/support them. Don't do that. Problem solved.

I find it so hilarious how all the internet people are more into what other people are doing wrong than what they enjoy.

da_crew10
05-06-2020, 10:46 PM
Everyones cars suck besides mine.

Farzam
05-06-2020, 11:18 PM

Ganadors, whatever aero is popular at the minute, whatever wheels are popular at the minute, ugly hitman steering wheel, etc.

I like the way you worded the first part. But yes. Nothing is cool until 1 brave weeb recreates a car from 2006 and shows the other high schoolers who don't know what forums or search functions are.

that's the american way. always overdo shit. very few people know how to do things with a light touch.

My next few cars will be less-is-more cars. But I still want them to look cool. This will be interesting to accomplish.

Everyones cars suck besides mine.

Yep, that's why I'm getting rid of my 14.

I find it so hilarious how all the internet people are more into what other people are doing wrong than what they enjoy.

Have you ever heard of A) Human nature and B) zilvia? This ain't NICO player. And this is a grumpy asshole thread.

But yes. Some of these dudes definitely need to get laid.

EDacIouSX
05-07-2020, 12:04 AM

i like livery too but man it's everywhere. I miss the old clean car look but I understand that all these oem fenders are all messed up.

collegekid
05-07-2020, 06:53 AM

I'd like to add to this list
I can't really see at night. HIDS IN NON PROJECTOR HOUSINGS AND DUAL LIGHT BARS
I'd like a new shift knob. 17 INCH DILDO SHIFT KNOB
My oem wheels don't look too good. 19 X 13 -27 XXRs
Windows could use some tint. BLACK CONSTRUCTION PAPER SPEC WINDOW TINT
Blown factory struts suck to ride on. 16K FRONT 12K REAR COILOVERS MAX LOW NO SUSPENSION ARMS PARALLEL!

Not that I'm free of sin, I went the route of:
Car could use some suspension, brakes and wheels, REBUILD WHOLE F***ING CAR

My next few cars will be less-is-more cars. But I still want them to look cool. This will be interesting to accomplish.

Yep, that's why I'm getting rid of my 14.

Noooo say it aint so. Cant you just swap out the aero and return the exterior to stock?

i like livery too but man it's everywhere. I miss the old clean car look but I understand that all these oem fenders are all messed up.

The fenders were cut up because kids couldn't read the wheel fitment question / Max Tire (Rubber) / or even the wheel whore threads and decided to buy whatever wheel in whatever size and now they need to go widebody.

Who told me low cars are cool and why the hell did I listen to you?!
Getting this thing on jackstands is a ritual of wood blocks and knees cracking. Man I'm old.

gbaby2089
05-07-2020, 07:06 AM

Pretty much.

Though I will say, if weebs only know of a few things being cool and sticking to those things it does keep prices down on the stuff I'm trying to buy.

The fact that you posted this means you follow them/support them. Don't do that. Problem solved.

The majority of the 'bad' I see are in marketplace posts or at events that I go to IRL. I don't follow hypebeast goobers on social media, I need to keep my instagram pure so that I can direct bird photography content into my brain.

Also, it has been 7 weeks since I've been able to spend time with anyone but my girlfriend. Now is the best possible time to make fun of weebs and hypebeasts.

I like the way you worded the first part. But yes. Nothing is cool until 1 brave weeb recreates a car from 2006 and shows the other high schoolers who don't know what forums or search functions are.

Yep. Exactly. And thanks.

Who told me low cars are cool and why the hell did I listen to you?!
Getting this thing on jackstands is a ritual of wood blocks and knees cracking. Man I'm old.

Because they are.

OBEEWON
05-07-2020, 10:41 AM

Life is wild.

This never happened to me.
4evr a child.

DJDANGER24
05-07-2020, 11:57 AM

This is one of two threads to be pissed off about what other people are doing wrong. We old and grumpy :spank:

How come no one uses the smilies anymore? :boink:

KA24DESOneThree
05-07-2020, 02:25 PM
Smilies are like emojis.

The only people who should use them are very young or very old.

blu808
05-07-2020, 03:51 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

mechanicalmoron
05-07-2020, 03:57 PM
Just pulled an expansion valve out of a z33. First one for me.

Talk about grumpy.

Fuck nissan.

collegekid
05-07-2020, 07:51 PM
"Collegekid fake bitching about cars being too low"

Because they are.

True, but I've got something else to REALLY bitch about.
You know how in the mens room, we have this unspoken rule of staying apart at least one urinal. I've applied that concept to how I park my car in parking lots. I go out of my damn way to park in some convoluted spot, where you gain nothing by parking next to me.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnd don't you know, the same stupid MFers roll up. Always. They couldn't pull up in something cool. It's usually some FWD sedan with some pep boys type mods, like motegi wheels and a bad DIY tint job. And they have to park right up on me.

4evr a child.

I too will never grow out of it.
But you need to do the right thing. Do it for us babe, better yet, do it for yourself.
Take the listing down.

OBEEWON
05-08-2020, 08:01 AM
It's usually some FWD sedan with some pep boys type mods, like motegi wheels and a bad DIY tint job. And they have to park right up on me.

This is so annoying.

I too will never grow out of it.
But you need to do the right thing. Do it for us babe, better yet, do it for yourself.
Take the listing down.

I need to sell it for something cooler. It's time.

collegekid
05-08-2020, 09:53 AM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49870205573_ce5a4cb7cf.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2iYRQEz)[/url] [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/] (https://flic.kr/p/2iYRQEz)

Farzam
05-09-2020, 05:10 PM
Noooo say it aint so. Cant you just swap out the aero and return the exterior to stock?

I'm across the country and don't feel like it sourcing parts from idiots and having them painted

Actually might be selling the car as is now. What a time to be alive

4evr a child.

x2

I have no idea what's going on.

Passive aggression

x2

Glad you got the E46 driving again

Keegster
05-10-2020, 04:27 PM
I just hit 20 and I hate to say it, but I agree with all of the old farts on the last page

brndck
05-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Smilies are like emojis.

The only people who should use them are very young or very old.

I AM VERY OLD. :rant2::rant2::rant2:

SupaDoopa
05-13-2020, 07:21 AM
I'm a huge fan of kids with disposal income that buys anything on Croooober/YAJ/etc. and when it comes in, posts a thread asking if it's worth anything either here or on that Backshelf shit.

I greatly enjoy trolling on Backshelf. I forget who told me about it but you're a God.

PatPs13
05-13-2020, 08:45 AM
I'm a huge fan of kids with disposal income that buys anything on Croooober/YAJ/etc. and when it comes in, posts a thread asking if it's worth anything either here or on that Backshelf shit.

I greatly enjoy trolling on Backshelf. I forget who told me about it but you're a God.
My favorite is the apparel. $300 for a shirt that belongs in a goodwill bin :rofl:

FaLKoN240
05-13-2020, 04:18 PM

Kids too caught up in the Hypebeast lifestyle. Buying stuff before they know the value/resell of it.

dizzariot
05-19-2020, 03:14 PM
I forget who told me about it but you're a God.

You're welcome.

I just got banned. Decided to vent here:

Stefan Nismo locks his thread after I point out that his 'New Old Stock' 180SX Towel (for $110) was a $25 towel from Fuji Speedway. Admins leave the post up. When the thread is locked I tried to take it further in my own post and it was deleted even though dudes seemed to agree Stefan Nismo is a cancer. Weeks later, our back-and-forth is still netting me likes on multiple comments.

I started to stir the pot tonight about self-proclaimed hustlers...basically saying they're the equivalent of the dudes that got straight C's in high school but are certain COVID is fake and it's 5G making people sick. Some people caught on, but the point was made in the first few minutes: people with the same IQ as the straight C's crowd just lashed out immediately. Talking about business this and economics that. Most of it just talking shit. A couple guys started posting neutral shit asking for further clarification, and I responded. The more we carried on, the more we found common ground and had a civil discussion even if we didn't agree. Christmas miracles in May.

...then I made fun of some dumbshit that has one orange B Package S15 seat and one blue one and I think he ratted my post out to the admins that promptly blocked me. This dude is riding Stefan's penis so hard they must both need tubs of lotion for all the chaffing.

I guess to sum it up: dumb people are taking over the world. and stating an opposing view doesn't welcome healthy (albeit heated) debate anymore. It's just easier to ban you lol. I don't believe you can say 'mind your own business' when it comes to this market that we all buy/sell in. We're cutting our noses off to spite our face. It 100% is your/our business if you have the ability to remove a seller from a page or forum.

Never forget that Zilvia is still the only place where you can openly disagree with one another and not get banned for it.

Hello. I am grumpy.

dizzariot
05-19-2020, 03:16 PM
Doublepost. Sorry.

deolio
05-19-2020, 08:18 PM
solid rant 11/10

Antihero983
05-19-2020, 08:23 PM
Good to see this place hasn't changed much in the years I've been gone...I missed it!

Antihero983
05-19-2020, 08:26 PM
Oh man. I missed this place.

Standard
05-20-2020, 12:01 AM
Solid rant indeed +1

Corbic
05-20-2020, 10:53 AM
The fuck is this shit.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzilvia%2Enet%2Ff%2Fshowthr ead%2Ephp%3Ft%3D673798&share_tid=673798&share_fid=3372&share_type=t&link_source=app

Garrett G25-550 Turbo for Raffle $100 a spot

spooled240
05-20-2020, 11:45 AM
Gambling on Zilvia, now I've seen it all

Dolph_KYAS13
05-20-2020, 02:33 PM
Gambling on Zilvia, now I've seen it all

This kinda took off on a local FB group. seems that a lot of the time the "house" is friends with the winner.

brndck
05-20-2020, 04:24 PM
The fuck is this shit.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https%3A%2F%2Fzilvia%2Enet%2Ff%2Fshowthr ead%2Ephp%3Ft%3D673798&share_tid=673798&share_fid=3372&share_type=t&link_source=app

Garrett G25-550 Turbo for Raffle $100 a spot
i don't see anything against it in the rules
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=570165
mods might hafta make a call about whether this is kosher or not for zilvia.

i raffled off a car on IG earlier this year. Worked out great. Dude who got a KA-t s13 vert for $50 is hella stoked on it.

Antihero983
05-21-2020, 07:46 AM
i don't see anything against it in the rules
https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=570165
mods might hafta make a call about whether this is kosher or not for zilvia.

i raffled off a car on IG earlier this year. Worked out great. Dude who got a KA-t s13 vert for $50 is hella stoked on it.

I won a 700$ firearm for 20$ that way, it was awesome. I wonder if a lot of these raffles come up short sometimes though, especially the ones from apparel companies that give like 20-30k on top of the car.

SupaDoopa
05-21-2020, 08:55 PM
If an apparel company is doing a GTR giveaway with obviously a FUCK ton of work, how many fucking T-shirts do you need to sell before you're in the green to make that work/effort worth it? I sell some merchandise on the side and even with the small profit margins I make by doing everything in house myself, I still don't yield that type of shit. I got heavily intoxicated one night and did the math on how many shirts they'd need to make in order to sell something like that WITH the cash on top and the amount was fucking stupid. It was nearly impossible - especially with how fast the drawings are between announcement to drawing.

They're essentially taking your money, giving the car to one of their boys somewhere that I'm sure buys it for half of what they need and that's that. They pocket the rest. No other scenario makes sense. Like, how the fuck is TJ Cunt making any money? He's a fucking f-word [I got banned for this before so I'm going to leave that sexually oriented word out of this in full type].

Also, fuck you [240SX] or whatever your shit username is.

[240sx]
05-21-2020, 09:33 PM
Sup baby, you called?

yomisiu
05-21-2020, 09:45 PM
bigger youtubers make bank off of video views, merch, sponsors/ads/affiliate links. easily 20k a month from youtube alone for tj

SupaDoopa
05-22-2020, 01:25 PM
He’s still a three letter or six letter f-word depending on your preference.

Antihero983
05-23-2020, 05:58 AM
Donut media is still the worst thing to happen to Youtube and the car scene in recent years. Change my mind.

SupaDoopa
05-23-2020, 07:58 AM
I didn't even know they were still relevant. They did that series about specific chassis and why they're cool and then they did some other weird shit. The 'how it works' segment was pretty informative to learn engineering in a different way. I haven't watched their shit in probably a year - at least.

Antihero983
05-23-2020, 08:05 AM
They keep popping up on snap chat, and in my youtube suggestions. That "up to speed" series was terrible, with so many mistakes. I wouldn't trust them to explain how shit works.

Kingtal0n
05-23-2020, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't them to explain how shit works.

I wouldn't them to grammar works explains either

Antihero983
05-23-2020, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't them to grammar works explains either

Excellent catch, edited ;)

(My keyboard at work is TRASH)

:rofl:

SupaDoopa
05-23-2020, 10:42 AM
Generally when I'm at work, I'm working.

xschylerx
05-23-2020, 09:09 PM
You're welcome.

I just got banned. Decided to vent here:

Holy SHIT i didnt know that was you, that shit was funny as fuck.

ot- all car youtube is cancer.
unless youre showing me how to replace something im too dumb to figure out my self.

dizzariot
05-24-2020, 12:25 AM
Yeah it was me lol.

Also, is anyone else having to login multiple times or after navigating to a few sub-forums? I have to login like 5 times in one sitting...

Kingtal0n
05-24-2020, 06:48 AM
Generally when I'm at work, I'm working.

my condolences.

SupaDoopa
05-24-2020, 07:20 PM
I troll that shit all the time. Kids posting some shit no one wants for silly money saying it's worth a shit ton. Kids these days.

merlz
05-24-2020, 07:35 PM
Donut media is still the worst thing to happen to Youtube and the car scene in recent years. Change my mind.

Fucking cancer isn't it? i think i can last all of about 5 seconds before i have to close any video they do.
I suppose they're geniuses though. They've targeted the dipshits of the current generation and probably making a killing off them.

Also...
Any Backshelf admins on here? Can you change the name of the group to 'Fuckheads selling Ganadors' ?

SupaDoopa
05-24-2020, 09:35 PM
Any Backshelf admins on here? Can you change the name of the group to 'Fuckheads selling cracked Ganadors for top dollar'?

Fixed that for you, chief.

PAPERPLANES
05-25-2020, 12:07 AM
Yeah it was me lol.

Also, is anyone else having to login multiple times or after navigating to a few sub-forums? I have to login like 5 times in one sitting...

Minimum of 5 times!

xschylerx
05-25-2020, 12:47 AM
Fucking cancer isn't it? i think i can last all of about 5 seconds before i have to close any video they do.
I suppose they're geniuses though. They've targeted the dipshits of the current generation and probably making a killing off them.

Also...
Any Backshelf admins on here? Can you change the name of the group to 'Fuckheads selling Ganadors' ?

Pretty sure those dipshits and the Ada* L* fanboys are one in the same. I still have nightmares from an interaction with a said fanboy the first time he was at usair. The horror. :barf:

Hot take- Ganador mirrors are played out and the tail lights are cooler anyway.

SupaDoopa
05-25-2020, 07:35 AM
The euro-style tails are fucking ugly. You can disagree but I don’t care. I’ve seen so many cool cars ruined by that stupid shit.

merlz
05-25-2020, 08:01 PM
^ They take me back to a time when every car had those clear tail lights and it ruined everything. Not sure i'll ever change my mind on them lol.

I was just having a browse on yahoo.jp (wish i didn't) and i'm beating the old 'nismo old logo price jump' drum again. But i find it so weird how high and how fast the prices are going.

The S-chassis market especially.
It's like people don't realize. People bought into s-chassis due to their affordability or their great value for money. This whole new wave of inflated 30yr old parts doesn't even appeal to the majority. Even for people like me that are 30+ yrs old, who have more disposable income now. I'm not touching this over priced shit.

Now i'm going to reminisce;
I really miss the time i explored looking for old car parts back in like 2008 onwards. Everything was at a great affordable price, the dollar was good (for us in aus), no one knew who Jesse Streeter was so the commission was cheap.

merlz
05-25-2020, 08:02 PM
double post sorry!

dizzariot
05-26-2020, 02:09 AM
^ They take me back to a time when every car had those clear tail lights and it ruined everything. Not sure i'll ever change my mind on them lol.

I was just having a browse on yahoo.jp (wish i didn't) and i'm beating the old 'nismo old logo price jump' drum again. But i find it so weird how high and how fast the prices are going.

The S-chassis market especially.
It's like people don't realize. People bought into s-chassis due to their affordability or their great value for money. This whole new wave of inflated 30yr old parts doesn't even appeal to the majority. Even for people like me that are 30+ yrs old, who have more disposable income now. I'm not touching this over priced shit.

Now i'm going to reminisce;
I really miss the time i explored looking for old car parts back in like 2008 onwards. Everything was at a great affordable price, the dollar was good (for us in aus), no one knew who Jesse Streeter was so the commission was cheap.

All of this encapsulates why I'm leaning towards selling my S13s. Not a main factor, but a contributing one nonetheless.

Old factory options are cool, but not at the price point they.re at. Dudes selling 'retro turbos' or other engine parts astonish me. Are people THAT fucking into 'period' correct' that they'd use overpriced, decades-old parts when the current market still produces superior products? The mind boggles...

That's why I like the S15 a little more each day. It's not much better, but it's better.

Also: look up dookies_majestic on IG. If I suffer, you're welcome to share. Why this shit comes up in my algorithm I'll never know.

SupaDoopa
05-26-2020, 07:08 AM
Period correct shit on a rot bucket with well over 200K on the clock doesn't really make the car cool. It makes it an underpowered, rotted out sports car with shitty options from the early 90's. That is why MODERN suspension and bits makes that car BETTER. Not the other way around.

brndck
05-26-2020, 02:11 PM
Also: look up dookies_majestic on IG. If I suffer, you're welcome to share. Why this shit comes up in my algorithm I'll never know.

definition of a clout build. so fucking terrible. literally took a camper shell and put it on the trunk as a spoiler. :down:

yomisiu
05-26-2020, 03:47 PM
double post

yomisiu
05-26-2020, 03:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/C0MFR4m.png

can't think of better way to spend $2,700

SupaDoopa
05-26-2020, 04:05 PM
That Dookies car is actually fucking AIDS.

merlz
05-26-2020, 10:11 PM
definition of a clout build. so fucking terrible. literally took a camper shell and put it on the trunk as a spoiler. :down:
That Dookies car is actually fucking AIDS.

If millennials were a car. This would be it.

https://i.imgur.com/C0MFR4m.png

can't think of better way to spend $2,700

Fuck!! Is it me, or does this make these mirrors ugly as fuck now?

xschylerx
05-27-2020, 02:11 AM
Fuck!! Is it me, or does this make these mirrors ugly as fuck now?

nope, not just you. thats a yikes from me too dawg.

Also: look up dookies_majestic on IG. If I suffer, you're welcome to share

i hate you for this.

also in response to the rest of that, and first off, to each their own with clear tails. i get it if people dont like them, hell i didnt like them for the longest time. right now i just happen to think theyre sick.
secondly, i couldnt agree more with overpaying on factory options and 10+ year old parts, sadly its all for clout because all the kids want it now, old logo nismo is just the newest streetwear brand. fuck it, the "car scene" as a whole is just a big insta clout game now days, its all for the gram. like just fucking do it, dont post it and shut up about it. fucking kids.

xschylerx
05-27-2020, 02:14 AM
double post.

gbaby2089
05-27-2020, 05:49 PM
If millennials were a car. This would be it.

Millennials are 24-38.

Don't be a tool.

dorkidori_s13
05-27-2020, 06:45 PM
Millennials are 24-38.

Don't be a tool.

actually... thank christ! there has now been a microgeneration created called XENNIALS to get us old folks out of the "millenials" label seeing as we were born into a world WITHOUT Facebook and cell phones! mmmmmmm dial up modem noises *gets a stiffy*

Xennials (also known as the Oregon Trail Generation and Generation Catalano) are the micro-generation of people on the cusp of the Generation X and Millennial demographic cohorts, typically born in the late 1970s to early 1980s. Xennials are described as having had an analog childhood and a digital adulthood.

SupaDoopa
05-28-2020, 01:23 PM
If you ever paid more than $600 for ganders [and that's even stretching it], you are one of those fuck heads that think small wheels and RocketBunny is cool.

s14ka-t
05-28-2020, 06:53 PM
why are ganders worth 600? they zoom in then you look or give just gibe you hotboi points

KA24DESOneThree
05-29-2020, 09:58 AM
Ganadors actually have the ability to look backwards and forwards in time.

You see everything you will ever see in the left and everything you've ever seen in the right.

Someone broke a right side in late 2019 and that's why we have COVID-19.

afishysilvia
05-29-2020, 10:15 AM
Lots of ganador hate, how does the Honda mirrors or the GKtech ones line up?

deolio
05-29-2020, 01:50 PM
craft square > ec works > ganador with signals > aeromarker > z33 with signals > east bear > basic bitch ganadors > basic bitch z33 > bomex > stock > no mirrors > chrome autozone universal > hurricane > gk tech

S14rebuild
05-29-2020, 02:04 PM
craft square > ec works > ganador with signals > aeromarker > z33 with signals > east bear > basic bitch ganadors > basic bitch z33 > bomex > stock > no mirrors > chrome autozone universal > hurricane > gk tech

Lmfao.......

SupaDoopa
05-29-2020, 05:19 PM
For the money, the GKTech's aren't bad. They're much better looking than OEM - especially on my R32. Granted I'm still looking for something nicer but I'm not going to give up a nut and possibly an organ to buy a set of anything from a trust fund baby hoarding parts they heard from a cool kid that were worth something so they had to have them [all].

gbaby2089
05-29-2020, 08:43 PM
craft square >

Could've just left it at this.

xschylerx
05-30-2020, 12:28 AM
I'm not going to give up a nut and possibly an organ to buy a set of anything from a trust fund baby hoarding parts they heard from a cool kid that were worth something so they had to have them [all].

am i the only one who thought about pokemon here??

Gotta collect em' all!

SupaDoopa
05-30-2020, 10:13 AM
It’s essentially what’s happening.

Corbic
06-01-2020, 12:00 PM
Donut media is still the worst thing to happen to Youtube and the car scene in recent years. Change my mind.Donut Media is Vox News / Buzzfeed of the car world.

#ChangeMyMind

Dolph_KYAS13
06-01-2020, 12:21 PM
Donut Media is Vox News / Buzzfeed of the car world.

#ChangeMyMind

The first few upto speed episodes were entertaining but now I think its run its course

brndck
06-01-2020, 02:00 PM
The first few upto speed episodes were entertaining but now I think its run its course

it wouldn't be that bad if they would ACTUALLY get their information correct.
spouting all these incorrect details just makes them look less like members of the community, and more like tools who just want to make videos and get clout for themselves.

GTChannel just did something similar on their terrible "new S16 silvia rumors" video, where they provided zero new information, just more of the same terrible renders from people NOT associated with Nissan in any way, while spouting shit like "the s13 was the last one got in the US".

uhhhhhhh did they just completely FORGET about the 4 years we got s14 models in the US??? Another dude asked if the s15 had "strawberry face". CRINGE. :bash:

merlz
06-01-2020, 06:25 PM
If you want to really cringe. Try listening to the Donut Media podcasts.

I needed something car related to listen to. I had a moment where i caught up to all the current podcasts i like and did some exploring into new automotive material.
Given i saw it was 'Donut' i wasn't expecting much. But saw they did a podcast on Mid Night Racing Team a while ago that peaked my interest.

So i gave it a listen, and it sounds like it's literally them reading the wikipedia article (which has been confirmed by Mid Night members as bullshit) with some banter in between. Fuck me dead they had no idea what they were talking about.

dizzariot
06-02-2020, 11:58 PM
...if you REALLY wanna cringe check out epicbabyybee getting called out for some racism.

tacobellman_2007
06-03-2020, 02:02 AM
...if you REALLY wanna cringe check out epicbabyybee getting called out for some racism.

Waiting for that dipshit to accept my follow request, he went private hahahaha

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49966509477_8405a9112b_c.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49966510317_abca34370f_c.jpg

brndck
06-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Lol yeah I had no idea he was like that.
Unfollowed. Fuck that dude. And fuck anyone else who comes with a shitty racist attitude.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200603/06c7df7e5cad61f22a5d5be5ba49c15c.jpg

SupaDoopa
06-03-2020, 10:37 AM
Any reason as to why we can say 'black lives matter' and not be racist but if you pick any other color, you're some how a pedophile racist stealing pig with a one-inch penis that you use to rape underaged animals?

Can we go back to a time where no one gave a fuck about what color you were and just coexisted? Jesus.

tacobellman_2007
06-03-2020, 10:44 AM
Any reason as to why we can say 'black lives matter' and not be racist but if you pick any other color, you're some how a pedophile racist stealing pig with a one-inch penis that you use to rape underaged animals?

Can we go back to a time where no one gave a fuck about what color you were and just coexisted? Jesus.Because blacks have been shown to be the ones who have been suffering the most for decades in the United States and now is not really a good time to be like "AlL liVeS MaTteR tHo??"

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

collegekid
06-03-2020, 10:53 AM
https://i1.wp.com/uploads.disquscdn.com/images/8a97d28196f9195c8e9b525e655814ad8f0b16a8a2fec58185 d3b7ee0b1baa52.gif?resize=320%2C179&ssl=1

Snowballcoupe
06-03-2020, 11:38 AM

Can we go back to a time where no one gave a fuck about what color you were and just coexisted? Jesus.

Hey......shut up

!Zar!
06-03-2020, 11:41 AM

Any reason as to why we can say, "go get shoot at, go loot" at be labeled as a racist?

Asking for a friend.

Well you see, they way America is setup...

No. Because of people like you.
No. Because any time a minority speaks up. They are told to shut up.
No. Because America stole land from the Indians.
No. Because America stole land from the Mexicans.
No. Because America brought African slaves here to do their work.
No. Because America brought Chinese slaves here to do their work.
No. Because America brought Japanese slaves here to do their work.
No. Because America DIRECTLY told all these PoC, they aren't people, and can't have the same privilege as whites.

brndck
06-03-2020, 11:51 AM

spoken like someone who truly has their head up their ass.
If you CAN'T figure out why its a shitty/ignorant at best, racist at worst thing to say, its not OUR job to do the required reading for you. You clearly have internet access. You clearly can use a computer.

06-03-2020, 12:10 PM
his ig is deleted. im interested to see what sort of comnents his work has to say for this

06-03-2020, 12:11 PM
his ig is deleted. im interested to see what sort of comments his work has to say for this type of person

S14rebuild
06-03-2020, 12:29 PM
So can every race have a month?

brndck
06-03-2020, 12:40 PM

when all races are treated equally, sure.

till then, nah.

if you have 10 cups and 9 are full of liquid, do you add more to all 10 and let it overflow all over the place? or do you just add to the one that is NOT full?

S14rebuild
06-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Edit... ill just stop this isnt needed in this tread

gbaby2089
06-03-2020, 05:05 PM
Lol yeah I had no idea he was like that.
Unfollowed. Fuck that dude. And fuck anyone else who comes with a shitty racist attitude.

SHEESH. Yeah, that's bad.

And when was this time? Slavery came to the land that is now the USA over 400 years ago. Slavery 'ended' 160 years ago. Segregation 'ended' 55 years ago.

Black people still get killed by the police at much higher rates. Black people get imprisioned at much higher rates. Black Americans have worse public health outcomes. Black Americans have a small fraction of the wealth of white Americans. Black Americans are not represented proportionately in government, business, etc.

This stuff is so brazen you have to choose not to see it.

when all races are treated equally, sure.

till then, nah.

if you have 10 cups and 9 are full of liquid, do you add more to all 10 and let it overflow all over the place? or do you just add to the one that is NOT full?

Yep.

To think, you could've stopped before you outed yourself as a racist.

S14rebuild
06-03-2020, 05:10 PM
SHEESH.

And when was this time? Slavery came to the land that is now the USA over 400 years ago. Slavery 'ended' 160 years ago. Segregation 'ended' 55 years ago.

Black people still get killed by the police at much higher rates. Black people get imprisioned at much higher rates. Black Americans have worse public health outcomes. Black Americans have a small fraction of the wealth of white Americans. Black Americans are not represented proportionately in government, business, etc.

I understand that you're a racist 11 year old trapped in a 30 something year old body, but this stuff is so brazen you have to choose not to see it.

Yep.

To think, you could've stopped before you outed yourself as a racist.

And all of that is white peoples fault? I just wanna make sure i understand you clearly....

Im 100% okay with you labeling me a racist without knowing me beyond a post on zilvia.

snags
06-03-2020, 05:31 PM

I agree. Apparently im pedophile racist pig and i did not know it. :tweak:
Racism is essentially dead. The media keeps it alive. Theres something bigger behind this :tinhat:

tricky_ab
06-03-2020, 07:39 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/4JVTF9zR9BicshFAb7/giphy.gif

Seriously trying to figure out how dense people can actually be...

SupaDoopa
06-04-2020, 07:42 AM
Classic taking shit out of context. I was at a protest in Providence. I say 'coexist before the bullshit' as a sarcastic statement. Never will there ever be a time in this countries history - past, present or future - where there will be peace. I've served in the Army, deployed with many black/white/yellow/green/purple people and lost a good chunk of them and I don't discount their lives over/under anyone else of any other color. My love for people is colorblind. If that mentality means I have my head up my ass, then someone come loot my shit.

gbaby2089
06-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Classic taking shit out of context. I was at a protest in Providence. I say 'coexist before the bullshit' as a sarcastic statement. Never will there ever be a time in this countries history - past, present or future - where there will be peace. I've served in the Army, deployed with many black/white/yellow/green/purple people and lost a good chunk of them and I don't discount their lives over/under anyone else of any other color. My love for people is colorblind. If that mentality means I have my head up my ass, then someone come loot my shit.

Your love for people can be colorblind but you can also recognize that the real world is not color blind and treats people worse according to the color of their skin.

OBEEWON
06-05-2020, 12:54 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/4JVTF9zR9BicshFAb7/giphy.gif

Seriously trying to figure out how dense people can actually be...

All the way dense my G.

Happy to see many zilvia heads speaking up though. Leggoo

mechanicalmoron
06-05-2020, 07:09 PM
And all of that is white peoples fault? I just wanna make sure i understand you clearly....

Im 100% okay with you labeling me a racist without knowing me beyond a post

Then why'd you edit your post?

It doesn't need to be all white people's fault in order to need fixing - if you're not fixing things but you want to stand in the middle of everything and run your mouth, yeah, you're the problem. Sowing chaos directly counters rationality and productive discussion, even if moronic one-liners constitute the best chaos you can muster.
I agree. Apparently im pedophile racist pig and i did not know it. :tweak:
Racism is essentially dead. The media keeps it alive. Theres something bigger behind this :tinhat:
Says you, from alberta. My daily experiences show that a few decades of malevolent disingenuity mixed into reforms has put us in a worse place than we've ever been.
Aww, how could those fuckers not see that the context was exactly the opposite of everything you said...

Antihero983
06-06-2020, 10:34 AM
Well this went downhill fast.

S14rebuild
06-06-2020, 11:39 AM
Then why'd you edit your post?..

I added to it:wavey:

mechanicalmoron
06-06-2020, 12:35 PM

why'd you edit your post?

This was so easy it's not very satisfying. Like shooting a fish floating on it's side in a barrel.

S14rebuild
06-06-2020, 12:54 PM
This was so easy it's not very satisfying. Like shooting a fish floating on it's side in a barrel.

I didnt want this thread to turn into this but seemd like others didnt care, so i joined in. Glad u pointed that out..u happy now?

mechanicalmoron
06-06-2020, 04:27 PM

why'd you edit your post?

I didnt want this thread to turn into this but seemd like others didnt care, so i joined in. Glad u pointed that out..u happy now?

Why can't you write two posts that don't contradict each other? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I suppose that you being the face of racism is pretty okay.

S14rebuild
06-06-2020, 04:28 PM
Why can't you write two posts that don't contradict each other? What the fuck is wrong with you?

I suppose that you being the face of racism is pretty okay.

Glad i can fill that role for you....

dizzariot
06-06-2020, 04:53 PM
I'm only gonna say this: everyone should let the news marinate for a week before sharing their opinion. If you think the media isn't drip-feeding us twists and turns (to keep us tuning in for views) in the case like the current season of your favorite Netflix show, you gotta start paying attention.

Now, remember when all the bro-vets were open-carrying to support their rights and are now encouraging everyone to follow the curfew? I thought these cats were revolutionaries LOL. Fight 'the system' when it comes to firearms, lick boots when it it's something else.

EDIT:
...and we also have to stop inferring that someone supports the whole gamut of a 'side' when there are, in fact, degrees to this stuff. mentality on whatever side of this you're on is not helping.

dorkidori_s13
06-06-2020, 06:18 PM
heres something for you old grumpy asses to hate on... my V4 parts. skirts are S13 Greddy Gracer and valances are B-Wave...

https://www.dorkidori.com/lennon/dorkidori_v4_parts.jpg

kingkilburn
06-06-2020, 06:28 PM

This is what I missed from the great IP ban of 2020? The frequency of these kinds of discussions on this forum makes me surprised this many of us are still tuning while black. Goddam petty, violent, and willfully ignorant childishness.

S14rebuild
06-06-2020, 06:46 PM
heres something for you old grumpy asses to hate on... my V4 parts. skirts are S13 Greddy Gracer and valances are B-Wave...

https://www.dorkidori.com/lennon/dorkidori_v4_parts.jpg

Man...those wheels were always my fav...would die for a set 15yrs ago. Aero lookn sweet

dorkidori_s13
06-06-2020, 07:35 PM
Man...those wheels were always my fav...would die for a set 15yrs ago. Aero lookn sweet

i lucked out SO HARD when i found these wheels on YAJ back in 2015!!! honestly, the only other set of wheels i want and would run are Advan Siena IIs or SSR Vienna Courage. and id still keep my Advan Super Racing Gens 2s for when i get bored lol!!!

Initial Drift
06-07-2020, 02:00 AM
EDIT:
...and we also have to stop inferring that someone supports the whole gamut of a 'side' when there are, in fact, degrees to this stuff. mentality on whatever side of this you're on is not helping.

This so much. It happens from both sides and it really prevents any kind of meaningful discourse between people.

Antihero983
06-08-2020, 09:10 AM
i lucked out SO HARD when i found these wheels on YAJ back in 2015!!! honestly, the only other set of wheels i want and would run are Advan Siena IIs or SSR Vienna Courage. and id still keep my Advan Super Racing Gens 2s for when i get bored lol!!!

Ugh I want those wheels so badly, but I told myself no cosmetic crap until the damned thing is running and driving. I found a set of the advan SA3R 4 lug on Ebay, and was like OOF, no.......gotta focus. :ugh:

afishysilvia
06-08-2020, 10:22 AM

I feel you there, one of my favorite rims all time. I took off my squared set of 18x9.5 for my LM?s but maybe I?ll restore them and put them on the Altezza one day.

tricky_ab
06-08-2020, 09:50 PM
All the way dense my G.

Happy to see many zilvia heads speaking up though. Leggoo

https://media.giphy.com/media/rNVOcxha0hS0M/giphy.gif

dizzariot
06-30-2020, 03:43 AM
...well it looks like the fat, weeb, sweaties are at it again. Buying coffee that's ~$1 from a machine and ~$10/case for $9/can from the cunt at Lucky Labo.

https://i.imgur.com/VNpuZWkb.jpg

dizzariot
06-30-2020, 03:44 AM
EDIT: doublepost...need new laptop.

SupaDoopa
06-30-2020, 06:30 AM
Looks like they're about $4 and change on eBay. I'm just not sure how I feel about getting a shipment from some rando on eBay - especially with this pandemic shit unless you soak the things in hand sanitizer for two weeks before trying it.

brndck
06-30-2020, 12:45 PM
...well it looks like the fat, weeb, sweaties are at it again. Buying coffee that's ~$1 from a machine and ~$10/case for $9/can from the cunt at Lucky Labo.

https://i.imgur.com/VNpuZWkb.jpg
don't be mad that you didn't think of it first Dario! :bowrofl:

BRB gonna go raid Mitsuwa and start selling $2 Ramune sodas for $15

Farzam
06-30-2020, 06:08 PM
Someone in Japan wanna send me exclusive JDM sodas and get rich together? Dead serious. Cash in hand lol

merlz
06-30-2020, 08:08 PM
I thought they were shift knobs initially for that price. Then i saw it and laughed my ass off.

brndck
07-01-2020, 08:46 AM
Someone in Japan wanna send me exclusive JDM sodas and get rich together? Dead serious. Cash in hand lol

no need to go to japan, just go to your local Japanese marketplace, clean it out, and sell to idiots who have no idea that those sodas are available stateside. :ddog:

souljaseth33
07-01-2020, 10:49 AM
don't be mad that you didn't think of it first Dario! :bowrofl:

BRB gonna go raid Mitsuwa and start selling $2 Ramune sodas for $15

Are these the same sodas sold at 5below? I have seen something similar there in the past.

KA24DESOneThree
07-01-2020, 03:54 PM
I passed 16 years of ownership a couple weeks back.

Sad that for a third of that, it's been laid up waiting for me to find time and motivation.

dorkidori_s13
07-01-2020, 05:05 PM
I passed 16 years of ownership a couple weeks back

im hitting 10 on my current S13 in the next week and a half :D

S14rebuild
07-02-2020, 04:43 AM
Going on 12, drove/built it for 4, sat for 8 and now completely redoing the car. Its the 5th s-chassis ive owned.

SupaDoopa
07-02-2020, 12:29 PM
Coming up on a year that I've owned both my R32 and my S14a Silvia. My previous 180SX I had for a decade.

IIIXziuR
07-02-2020, 02:34 PM

Sad that for a third of that, it's been laid up waiting for me to find time and motivation.

So glad I am not the only one, haha. :wan:

brndck
07-02-2020, 02:56 PM

since 2001 there has not been a single day that I haven't owned at least one S13.

Current one is going on 9 years, then I bought another one as a missile car about 6 months ago.

Farzam
07-02-2020, 03:13 PM
no need to go to japan, just go to your local Japanese marketplace, clean it out, and sell to idiots who have no idea that those sodas are available stateside. :ddog:

Nah I need that straight from Tokyo connect dawg, lol

dizzariot
07-02-2020, 03:37 PM
Here we go again. This dude didn't even take the shit out of Jesse Streeter's boxing lol.

https://i.imgur.com/3u2h3TS.png

FaLKoN240
07-02-2020, 05:01 PM
Here we go again. This dude didn't even take the shit out of Jesse Streeter's boxing lol.

https://i.imgur.com/3u2h3TS.png

Why would you? That just wastes time and money.

dizzariot
07-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Why would you? That just wastes time and money.

...is this gonna lead to a 'don't knock the hustle' parade?

KA24DESOneThree
07-02-2020, 05:20 PM
since 2001 there has not been a single day that I haven't owned at least one S13.

Current one is going on 9 years, then I bought another one as a missile car about 6 months ago.

I bought a missile for a bit part in an advertising video for my side hustle, then rebuilt the suspension and sold it.

Really wish I had put more than like 60 miles on it after rebuilding the suspension. It was really, really nostalgic to drive a car with full interior after having stripped my track car back in '07; brought me back to 2004 and 2005 when my brother and I would head out to the coast and just enjoy the salt air and conversation in a car with a full stock interior.

deolio
07-02-2020, 06:03 PM

lol i like how the "fragile" writing is so easily identifiable. if i were to ever get a tattoo, that might be the perfect piece :keke:

i'd be at 13 years of ownership had i kept my first one, but i did the old "there's gotta be a better chassis than this out there somewhere" thing. after returning to hell, i'm at 7, 5, and 2 years of ownership with my trilogy of failure and crippling debt. no ragretttt(s) :2f2f:

dizzariot
07-02-2020, 06:09 PM
lol i like how the "fragile" writing is so easily identifiable. if i were to ever get a tattoo, that might be the perfect piece :keke:

i'd be at 13 years of ownership had i kept my first one, but i did the old "there's gotta be a better chassis than this out there somewhere" thing. after returning to hell, i'm at 7, 5, and 2 years of ownership with my trilogy of failure and crippling debt. no ragretttt(s) :2f2f:

Yeah man unless you're a weiner buying $9 coffee you'd easily recognize that writing lol.

I'm about to sell the gray car I bought in 2016 and kept in military storage for 4yrs. Kind of sad. I sold the two-tone as well. This will be the first time in like 10yrs I won't have an S13 somewhere...weird.

merlz
07-02-2020, 07:53 PM

I designed this sticker a while ago as a tribute/piss take. I thought it was a cool concept because the writing is easily distinguishable.

https://i.imgur.com/oVLpfg0.jpg

dizzariot
07-02-2020, 08:00 PM
I designed this sticker a while ago as a tribute/piss take. I thought it was a cool concept because the writing is easily distinguishable.

Too bad it's not the best size: 17".

:ddog:

deolio
07-03-2020, 04:51 PM

[img]

lol that?s hilarious!

S14rebuild
07-03-2020, 05:57 PM
Lets ruffle some feathers....

https://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?p=6387173#post6387173

DomChan
07-04-2020, 03:13 PM

Lol, I also got a small batch of "FRAGILE" made for some friends (quarantine got pretty boring). Jesse Streeter thought it was awesome so I sent him some. He asked me if I would like him post those on his instagram page to sell them. I was pretty honored, but declined as it was never my intention to profit off a fun idea.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/102699987_10158508601949539_1488416341259338354_n. jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_oc=AQlUeAXfH_Xwgq1LjIwO2CHEJ7kTMNUL5Fc4ceQ7qqJ YG-g7go8C5tMMjpTt9QkEVU38dTbtaCMPJuFoeSNLH4ZK&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=1887388c90f77bde42de3b9cd78ebbfc&oe=5F285E3E

Yeah man unless you're a weiner buying $9 coffee you'd easily recognize that writing lol.

Relax Dario, I only spend $5 for 12 oz! Haha. :bash:

Stay grumpy friends

dizzariot
07-04-2020, 09:09 PM
Relax Dario, I only spend $5 for 12 oz! Haha. :bash:

Stay grumpy friends

Yo...you uh...got anymore of those stickers? lol.

At this point man I could be fully transparent, sell things to the US, and mark them up maybe about $3 and make a profit. Anyone want to start a storefront?

jedi03
07-08-2020, 01:59 PM
must be french! is it a leg lamp:?

SupaDoopa
07-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Glad to see prices of 1J's are dropping. It's a shame all the shit for them is skyrocketing.

DomChan
07-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Glad to see prices of 1J's are dropping. It's a shame all the shit for them is skyrocketing.

Was just talking to a buddy about how I am scared of what the schassis scene will do to the upcoming Honda K-swap motor prices...

deolio
07-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Was just talking to a buddy about how I am scared of what the schassis scene will do to the upcoming Honda K-swap motor prices...

i've already noticed them going up a bit in price. needa scoop up a few spares while they're cheap! :rofl:

SupaDoopa
07-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Miata kids ruined the cheapness a while ago.

jr_ss
07-09-2020, 12:29 PM
I swear, the vast majority of the new members here are clueless or braindead or a combination of both. I remember getting shit on here as a newbie and I researched high and low before I asked questions, especially on well documented topics. Everyone now wants... expects a hand out.

Fuck, I guess I do belong here in this thread.

jr_ss
07-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Duplicate...

S14rebuild
07-09-2020, 12:35 PM
^ thats the world now a days...its expected. And god forbid you yell at others for not putting in the work like our generations or old...you get shouted down, cancel culture.... thats the world!

SupaDoopa
07-09-2020, 01:19 PM
It's called self-entitlement. No one wants to do shit for shit anymore. They think they deserve you to spoon fed them because someone in their family tree had a shitty life maybe. Fuck putting forth effort.

gbaby2089
07-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Are you trying to sneak in some more racism again?

"Someone in their family tree had a shitty life maybe."

S14rebuild
07-09-2020, 07:36 PM
Wouldnt say racism...i would say fuck these younger generations...like the ones that say boomer and wear hoodies and skull caps when its 95 degrees out

SupaDoopa
07-10-2020, 02:34 PM
Really grasping at those racist straws, are we? Instead of looking deep into forum posts, go out and do something productive within your WI community. God knows they need it at this point.

DarkSlide77
07-11-2020, 02:07 AM
I swear, the vast majority of the new members here are clueless or braindead or a combination of both. I remember getting shit on here as a newbie and I researched high and low before I asked questions, especially on well documented topics. Everyone now wants... expects a hand out.

Fuck, I guess I do belong here in this thread.

Bro I?ve been searching this forum for like 10 fucking years before really bothering to comment lol. Feel like I?ve been here forever..... just silently. Used to have another account but forgot the password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corbic
07-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Bro I?ve been searching this forum for like 10 fucking years before really bothering to comment lol. Feel like I?ve been here forever..... just silently. Used to have another account but forgot the password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk#bullshit!

DarkSlide77
07-11-2020, 12:16 PM
#bullshit!

Oh yeah? My old username is gladiatorcoupe. Joined in 2010. I?m 28 son.

glaiatorcoupe
07-11-2020, 12:22 PM
#bullshit!

#SuckItRealGood

SupaDoopa
07-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Wow. What a power move. Signing in an old account to stick it to the man.

That accomplished... what?

DarkSlide77
07-11-2020, 07:08 PM
Wow. What a power move. Signing in an old account to stick it to the man.

That accomplished... what?

I?m just sayin I wasn?t lying lol. I?m jus having fun man. Don?t take everything so seriously :)

burnsauto
07-11-2020, 08:49 PM
...hands down the best thread on zilvia.

dizzariot
07-12-2020, 02:37 AM
Where has my thread gone. We were supposed to bitch at things TOGETHER not fight each oth...well this is Zilvia. Carry on.

BryanSayWhat
07-12-2020, 05:42 AM
Diamond cut rim flanges should be an "option" and not standard. Makes a rim look like it came from the factory already curbed...

Permanent rim decals, or designs around the rim flange should be optional as well.

jr_ss
07-12-2020, 11:03 AM

Wow... Someone has a guilty conscience. I was not referring to you specifically, but if the shoe fits!

I also said vast, not all...

dizzariot
07-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Diamond cut rim flanges should be an "option" and not standard. Makes a rim look like it came from the factory already curbed...

Permanent rim decals, or designs around the rim flange should be optional as well.

I'll take this a step further: Rays needs to ditch the Saga casting and give us the SL/RT casting back.

...but I think the engraved spoke is cool.

DarkSlide77
07-12-2020, 06:21 PM
Wow... Someone has a guilty conscience. I was not referring to you specifically, but if the shoe fits!

I also said vast, not all...

You failed reading comprehension in school, didn?t you. That?s not what I said at all. Maybe you misunderstood my tone over text... I didn?t take it personally at all, I didn?t even think it was referring to me at all. I just said that for nearly 10 years, all I ever did was search, even in the beginning. I read all of the threads with members getting pissed at the OP for not searching and learned from it. I simply stated that I didn?t even ask my first question until years and years after first joining. I was agreeing with you lol. That?s it.

jr_ss
07-12-2020, 07:50 PM
You failed reading comprehension in school, didn?t you. That?s not what I said at all. Maybe you misunderstood my tone over text... I didn?t take it personally at all, I didn?t even think it was referring to me at all. I just said that for nearly 10 years, all I ever did was search, even in the beginning. I read all of the threads with members getting pissed at the OP for not searching and learned from it. I simply stated that I didn?t even ask my first question until years and years after first joining. I was agreeing with you lol. That?s it.

It was almost 20yrs ago that I graduated high-school, I?n pretty sure I passed all classes of the English language, but I could be wrong? Your post came off as if I was referring to you or any of your posts, I.e. guilty conscience. Regardless, I?m not sure why it had to become personal? Everyone is so sensitive these days...

DarkSlide77
07-12-2020, 08:09 PM
It was almost 20yrs ago that I graduated high-school, I?n pretty sure I passed all classes of the English language, but I could be wrong? Your post came off as if I was referring to you or any of your posts, I.e. guilty conscience. Regardless, I?m not sure why it had to become personal? Everyone is so sensitive these days...

Yeah I totally agree man. Just wanna chill and talk cars, not shit lol Reading back I can see how it came off that way. I can?t tell you how many chicks I dated where it went south because they misunderstood my tone through text lol damn technology

BryanSayWhat
07-12-2020, 08:28 PM
I'll take this a step further: Rays needs to ditch the Saga casting and give us the SL/RT casting back.

...but I think the engraved spoke is cool.I do like the machined logo on the spoke. I'd definitely pay the extra to get the Advan GT Premium for that feature.

Also, the Saga has grown on me a bit, but the older designs and especially the OG bronze is hands down better looking.

Antihero983
07-13-2020, 06:27 AM
Miata kids ruined the cheapness a while ago.

120% Facts.

Corbic
07-13-2020, 08:17 AM
Oh yeah? My old username is gladiatorcoupe. Joined in 2010. I?m 28 son.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo you're one of those 2008 bandwagon jumpers that ruined the scene. K-gotcha.

Also, isn't having two accounts a rule violation?

SupaDoopa
07-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Having two accounts isn't just a rule violation, it's fucking stupid.

spooled240
07-13-2020, 08:53 AM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/S14-240sx-Silvia-Sport-Option-Carbon-Fiber-Wing-Rare/153990631061
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ZkcAAOSw4rte--NB/s-l1600.jpg
Pretty cool, but not 3500 cool. Must be dat #hustlegang

brndck
07-13-2020, 08:54 AM
Where has my thread gone. We were supposed to bitch at things TOGETHER not fight each oth...well this is Zilvia. Carry on.

fight me. :spank: