PDA

View Full Version : LS Swap - Intake Manifolds?

Janz99
06-28-2019, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, I recently purchased an S14 that has an LS turbo swap. I was curious on which intake manifolds guys were able to make fit under the stock hood?

Currently the car has a sniper intake/throttle body. Id like to get rid of it and either go back to a stock truck style intake or possibly the TBSS intake. I had considered the BTR equalizer, but its intended RPM range is 6-8000.

For street friendly car, I think this would shift the power band a little to high.

Thoughts?

afishysilvia
06-28-2019, 02:11 PM
I’m using a holly performance manifold it fits just fine. PM me if looking for a stock one, I have a spare.

Janz99
07-04-2019, 10:04 AM
I’m using a holly performance manifold it fits just fine. PM me if looking for a stock one, I have a spare.

Which version of the holly are you using? Im assuming the sniper?

-Ryan

afishysilvia
07-04-2019, 10:15 AM
Well to be honest, it’s a weiand aluminum intake which weiand is owned by holly. You can see photos in my build thread.

SlmdCpe
07-04-2019, 11:48 AM
Any truck/SS manifold is going to be too tall..

Usually everyone does the LS1/LS6 manifold. Its affordable and clear the hood without any issues. But performance wise, nothing flows better than a truck/trail blazer SS I/M.

Janz99
07-04-2019, 02:32 PM
Any truck/SS manifold is going to be too tall..

Usually everyone does the LS1/LS6 manifold. Its affordable and clear the hood without any issues. But performance wise, nothing flows better than a truck/trail blazer SS I/M.

Good info, thanks.

So basically its limited to car manifolds, holley sniper and weiand. Possibly the BTR equalizer but ill need to compare the dimensions against the sniper.