PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to find bolt size thread

Brandon240sx
02-20-2019, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know the size of the rocker arm bolts and the bolts for the camshaft hold down? My bolts seemed to have grown legs and walked away. I’ve searched all over, high and low and cannot find a thing. Searched numerous forums, searched all over google and nothing. Only thing I was able to find is a Nissan part number for the replacement rocker arm bolts (1305840F10)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brandon240sx
02-20-2019, 11:13 AM
Does anyone know the size of the rocker arm bolts and the bolts for the camshaft hold down? My bolts seemed to have grown legs and walked away. I’ve searched all over, high and low and cannot find a thing. Searched numerous forums, searched all over google and nothing. Only thing I was able to find is a Nissan part number for the replacement rocker arm bolts (1305840F10)

This is on a KA btw, forgot that piece of important info lol

foreverdeath
02-22-2019, 10:09 AM
I would assume m6x1.0 ~30mm. why not hit up a junkyard and steal on out of a pre 02 altima or pre 04 frontier?

Krusty_s13
02-22-2019, 11:37 AM
TYPICALLY, if a 10MM socket removes it, its a M6 bolt. Nissan religiously uses a 1.0 pitch.
I would compare it to what foreverdeath said, seems like it would be the right length.
M6 x 1.0 x 30MM

jumpman2334
02-22-2019, 01:17 PM
find some spare bolts you have laying around and try to thread them in. once you find the right one, measure it with a thread gauge to get the pitch. you can then run it though a die to see the shank dia (or take it to the hardware store with you and run it through their sizing guides).

as for the shank length, take your cap, put it on the cam, use the tail/end of a micrometer and determine the overall length. if its, say, 30mm, use a 25mm shank bolt.

if you dont have these tools. buy them. in the meantime, take your head to a local hardware store and try to thread some bolts in. most places are pretty cool about it if you arent dicking up their hardware.