PDA

View Full Version : How can I put my windows up (s14)

Liam pink
02-03-2020, 11:07 PM
Yes sounds dumb I know. but i bought a drift car (s14 Silvia) and the drivers window won't go up for a couple reasons. The whole door panel has been replaced with a peice of sheet metal with no switch on it and probably no wires or anything running to the motor. And also I can't pull it up as its stuck. So how can I at least be able to pull the window up. I'll be using it for drifting so I'll mostly have it down anyway but I need to be able to pull it up so it doesn't get soaked with water on the inside. If I remove the regulator will the window just fall or will I be able to manually raise and lower it? What should I do? Thanks

s13 @ fullboost
02-03-2020, 11:14 PM
Do you know if the window motor is still inside? If it is just hook up 12v to it and roll it up?

Liam pink
02-03-2020, 11:24 PM
Do you know if the window motor is still inside? If it is just hook up 12v to it and roll it up?

I'm unsure I could have a look but tbh I'm gonna have to do it after every event so could get very annoying.

s13 @ fullboost
02-03-2020, 11:37 PM
Then your best best is to wire it to a switch. Another option would be to just make a lexan copy & use pins at the bottom to hold it in when parked.

jedi03
02-04-2020, 09:34 AM
remove the regulator and pin it up...use long pin so you can actuate it without having to take panel off each time...I thought about doing this: aluminum panel for door panel w/decent arm rest, slots with handle/bolts/whatever can grab to move window up and down and simple slide lock to lock it in the up position...

codyace
02-06-2020, 08:04 AM
You're going to need to use the switch to make it operate any any fashion.

You're other option is to remove the window completely, goto home depot and get some bathroom lexan or what not, and then fab a 'window' that you can put in and remove for transport/keeping the water out. Not a hard job either.

brndck
02-06-2020, 11:35 AM
step one: remove the big metal sheet
step two: inspect whats ACTUALLY there
step three: ?????
step four: profit

if all the factory wiring and motor is still in place, just wire a toggle switch to it and go about your day.

if its NOT there, you've got some figuring to do. . . .
maybe retrofit some wiring and a motor from a donor door
afaik no s14 came with manual windows, so I don't know if it would be a huge pain to MAKE it operate as manual.