PDA

View Full Version : S13 coupe rear bumper gap help

nisans13turbo
11-28-2017, 12:59 AM
So i noticed that there is a 2 finger gap between my rear bumper and the center garnish below the taillights. Any tips of how to fix this gap? I don't see anything that is holding the two piece together.

Thanx

nisans13turbo
11-28-2017, 01:07 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n73/saemoonyang/Mobile%20Uploads/20171125_115915_zpsf0ye5ao2.jpg (http://s109.photobucket.com/user/saemoonyang/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20171125_115915_zpsf0ye5ao2.jpg.html)

Sailor
11-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Double check all your fastener connections. If they all look to be in the right place, you can take some fiberglass and build up that gap to be completely flush for a seamless bumper- though this would require a repaint at some point

EnnEssEnnKAT
11-28-2017, 09:24 AM
There are several 10mm nuts holding the rear bumper to the quarters that you can reach down/see on the inside of the trunk. 4 on each side I believe. double check they're all there and tight. kind of hard to see but if you reach down there you can feel them. maybe that could help.

Sailor
11-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Is there a lip that the top of the bumper slips into/rests on? The bumper would look like it is poking out by the right tail if it wasn't sitting on that lip, if the lip was bent you could end up with that gap

nisans13turbo
11-28-2017, 06:52 PM
There are several 10mm nuts holding the rear bumper to the quarters that you can reach down/see on the inside of the trunk. 4 on each side I believe. double check they're all there and tight. kind of hard to see but if you reach down there you can feel them. maybe that could help.

All the nuts are tight. Are there suppose to be clips to hold the center of the bumper?

nisans13turbo
11-28-2017, 06:54 PM
Is there a lip that the top of the bumper slips into/rests on? The bumper would look like it is poking out by the right tail if it wasn't sitting on that lip, if the lip was bent you could end up with that gap

No. This just doesn't make sense lol because over time the center of the bumper will sag

hanzbrady
11-28-2017, 07:31 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Street Faction claim that their rear bash bar fixes this?

pacotaco345
11-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Street Faction claim that their rear bash bar fixes this?

I have a street faction bar and i use pipe insulation wrapped around the bar to hold it up which seems to work well. HOWEVER, if you have the stock rear crash support beam there's a piece that runs the length of it on the top that's specifically meant to keep the bumper from sagging.

OP, do you have the stock crash beam? If not, and all that's holding your bumper on are those 4 bolts on either side then of course it's gonna sag.. It's a 25 year old piece of polyurethane with nothing holding up the middle lol

nisans13turbo
11-28-2017, 11:30 PM
I have a street faction bar and i use pipe insulation wrapped around the bar to hold it up which seems to work well. HOWEVER, if you have the stock rear crash support beam there's a piece that runs the length of it on the top that's specifically meant to keep the bumper from sagging.

OP, do you have the stock crash beam? If not, and all that's holding your bumper on are those 4 bolts on either side then of course it's gonna sag.. It's a 25 year old piece of polyurethane with nothing holding up the middle lol

Hi, yes i do have the stock crash bar, can you link a photo of the support beam piece your talking about.

Thanks