PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Silvia RHD LS swap questions.

se7en_
02-06-2021, 04:36 PM
Hey all, I'm in the middle of an LS swap on my Silvia RHD.

Couple questions I can't seem to find even with searching.

1. The valve cover hits the Clutch master cylinder. I know I need a larger bore master with my t56 clutch(more on this later) and that will just make the problem worse. Is there a physically shorter master with a bigger bore that works? perhaps clocking it differently? Anyone done this without using reverse swing pedals and putting the master inside the cab?

2. I'm going to be running an AR5 trans from a colorado/canyon. It uses the t56 clutch and shares the output spline count from the t56 as well. The shifter location is terrible. Does someone make a shifter that moves the shifter location back about 7 inches? anyone know if the AR5 and T56 transmission is similar length? Google isn't helping much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

UJCD
02-06-2021, 04:38 PM

1. The valve cover hits the Clutch master cylinder. I know I need a larger bore master with my t56 clutch(more on this later) and that will just make the problem worse. Is there a physically shorter master with a bigger bore that works? perhaps clocking it differently? Anyone done this without using reverse swing pedals and putting the master inside the cab?

2. I'm going to be running an AR5 trans from a colorado/canyon. It uses the t56 clutch and shares the output spline count from the t56 as well. The shifter location is terrible. Does someone make a shifter that moves the shifter location back about 7 inches? anyone know if the AR5 and T56 transmission is similar length? Google isn't helping much.

Thanks.

Use the AR5 form the solstice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

se7en_
02-06-2021, 04:39 PM
Further searching says that the t56 is .15" shorter then an AR5, so the off the shelf driveshafts will work. I still have issues with the clutch master and shifter locations though.

se7en_
02-06-2021, 04:50 PM
Solstice trans are very hard to find in Canada, But I'll keep my eyes out. Any ideas on the clutch master cylinder issue?

se7en_
02-07-2021, 12:12 PM
Any ideas on the clutch master issue? I can't be the only one with this issue.

shoottothrill
02-08-2021, 06:28 PM
I know serial 9 makes a ton of shifter adapters for different stuff. Have you checked with them about the shifter placement issue?

SilentKilla
02-22-2021, 06:32 AM

Thanks.

There's a few options on a RHD, I'm in the middle of an ADM S14A conversion to LS myself. Can look at a reverse swing clutch pedal conversion, or as logic suggests in finding a physically shorter clutch master.

I've gone with the following option, never mind the price it's not that much but wont really be a practical option in the US anyway: https://www.holmart.com.au/holden-clutch-master-cylinder-vt-vx-vu-v6-3.8-v8-5

How have you gone with starter motor clearance to the steering rack input shaft/valve body?

DiscountPirate
02-22-2021, 05:39 PM
I only know the RHD S13 aspect I don't know LS but I have seen custom stuff like Wilwood pedals and remote mount cylinders. Only other thing I recall is that the Z32 clutch master is a direct swap and larger bore but doubt it is that much shorter. Worst case depending on your clearances you might be able to grind/machine down a bit off cylinder and a bit off valve cover to fit.