PDA

View Full Version : Q45 differential, axles question

Kingtal0n
06-07-2017, 05:00 PM
Hello friends,

I am rear end challenged. I've done very little with differentials so please bear with my limited ability.

I purchased a Q45 differential which has been modded to work in an S14 by it's previous owner. They said it was a drop in affair, and sent the axles to go with it.

The axles are 5-bolt where it bolts to the differential so that matches. But then I read online that I might need HUBS to go with these axles? So I counted the splines on the axles where it meets the hub (I think thats where the hub goes lol) and I count 29 splines. Isn't 29 splines the same as the OEM 240sx hub?

If so, what kind of axles do I have? Would a picture help? I was under the impression one needed to be from the TT Z32 and the other from the Q45, but those had the wrong spline to mate 240sx hubs. So Now I am curious/confused as to what axles I actually have.

Also- I am kind of wondering are there any ratios below 3.5X we can use easily as limited slip. I read something about pathfinder but figured I would ask. I would prefer something more like 3.2X