PDA

View Full Version : SR/KA Slave Cylinder Alternatives

SrRaycer
11-11-2016, 08:59 PM
I was recently researching slave cylinder bore sizes to lighten the feel of my clutch. I ordered the Nismo unit since it was the largest I could find. But after ordering it I got the idea to search for slave cylinders outside of Nissan. I ended up going through 29 pages of Autozone's slave cylinder options. I found a few that may be a viable solution to the Nismo. They all have a similar bolt hole design as the sr/ka so if it's not an exact fit then it should be easily modifiable. The cylinder bores for all 3 are gigantic though, 25.4 mm (1 inch) for all 3. For reference, stock is 19.05, and the Nismo is 20.54 mm.

63' - 74' International Metro
60's Dodge D100 - D300 and W100 - W300
62' Chevy C10 (and other vehicles)

I would've tried one of these myself but I already had the Nismo unit, I just thought I'd pass this info along for those interested.

andisan
11-13-2016, 01:10 AM
Funny I was just thinking about this last week

Thanks

SrRaycer
11-13-2016, 09:08 PM
UPDATE*

I just installed the Nismo slave cylinder and the difference is night and day compared to stock. I have a heavy duty pressure plate and my pedal effort honestly feels like a stock clutch SR. So those slave cylinders I posted are likely too big.

Another option is to buy a slave cylinder rebuild kit for a 3sgte, it comes with all the guts for 20 bucks. The bore on that is 20.574, pretty much the exact size of the Nismo. Just have a machine shop bore your old slave cyl accordingly. I drove my car for 6 years with the stiff pedal, trust me this mod is worth it, and you can use an old slave cylinder to do it.

gaz_moose
11-14-2016, 03:36 PM
'top secret' sell an extended SR clutch fork that also makes the pedal lighter. I run this and a nismo slave on an exedy 3 puk and its light as a feather.