PDA

View Full Version : Electrical/Wiring issue or Vacuum Leak?

sfsxshingo
09-16-2015, 11:42 PM
Hey all, first off sorry if this question has been answered and I just didn't find the right thread. I have searched a bunch of forums/google/yahoo/etc. and I always come up empty handed.

Car is a 1991 Nissan 240sx AT>MT swap still using the #25 AT ECU (unsure if motor was swapped or is the original but it is a DOHC KA24DE)

Car USED to turn over and idle/run in limp mode etc. with MAF unplugged but when MAF is plugged back in the car dies AND the dash lights don't turn off. The car would also turn over every once and a while with the MAF plugged in, but would idle roughly for a few seconds then bog down and die (and dash lights would stay on) When the MAF was unplugged and started/shut off the dash lights would turn off, most of the time. A few times the MAF would need to be plugged in, then unplugged for the car to start and shut off with the dash lights turning off.

Did some research here and there, removed the intake to check for any kind of vacuum leaks, let the car idle in limp mode and listened for vacuum leaks but couldn't find any. Checked MAF voltage, it's fine. Cleaned MAF connecter and MAF (MAF connecter is a 3 pin and MAF is a 4 pin, don't think this means anything but I thought I better post it anyway) unplugged the purple/blue wires on the IACV. Checked random wire connections, etc. all was alright. Also tried to unplug/reset the ECU and nothing.

When we connected put the ECU back in and put the intake back after checking around the car won't start at all now.

Fuel filter is brand new, 02 sensor is disconnected and car needs a new knock sensor and coolant temp. sensor but according to other forums/friends those wouldn't be the reason why the car wouldn't run/now won't start.

Other things I am going to try are a new wiring harness, new ECU, but if those might not the reason why I will hold off on spending the money to buy them.

Sorry if this all sounds confusing but I don't really know any other way to explain it. Thank you!

sfsxshingo
09-21-2015, 05:21 AM
Can the mods close or delete this thread, car is fixed. Thank you.

Taz83
10-03-2015, 11:38 AM
What was the solution?