PDA

View Full Version : Rb25 mechanic needed!!!

banshee_rider909
02-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Need help with my rb! Near rialto ca if anyone can come by today or during the week that would be great please if you can really help hmu and I'll Gove you details on what the problem is. (909)644-2534

smoked240
02-01-2015, 01:54 PM
You might have better luck troubleshooting the problems on here. What's your issues?

banshee_rider909
02-01-2015, 02:02 PM
You might have better luck troubleshooting the problems on here. What's your issues?
Went from stock ugly manifold to isis intake manifold. Car was working perfectly fine before manifold swap. Once I put the new one on. I started it and turned on fine, revved it a bit and it was fine. When the motor was warm, it started idling like if it had upgraded cams (brap brap brap brap brap) then I revved it and it wouldn't pass 3k rpm so I said hmmmm maf problem. I changed it to another s2 maf and still wouldn't let me rev up. I checked all my vaccum lines and they are tighter than a virgen so that couldn't be it. Just today I changed spark plugs and gaped then to spec and now the car will turn on for only 3 seconds then die out :(

banshee_rider909
02-01-2015, 02:03 PM
This car is really starting to piss me off. Took a day to do the swap and it's been about 3 weeks trying to find the problem

banshee_rider909
02-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Btw it's a q45 tb that I went with as well. Adjusted the tps and still no solution

smoked240
02-02-2015, 05:46 AM
Might be a vacuum leak on the manifold. I used a different intake manifold gasket and had to replace it due to a leak. When the engine is running spray all around the intake and ic couplers with carb cleaner or brake cleaner, if the idle jumps you've found your leak.

Just a shot in the dark but the O2 might be going

smoked240
02-02-2015, 05:49 AM
Did you tighten the manifold correctly? For intake manifolds I usually like to bolt down from center and work your way to both ends evenly. I usually make 10 passes to get each bolt tight evenly and properly, I've had intakes bind or not seal properly.

banshee_rider909
02-02-2015, 07:15 AM
Did you tighten the manifold correctly? For intake manifolds I usually like to bolt down from center and work your way to both ends evenly. I usually make 10 passes to get each bolt tight evenly and properly, I've had intakes bind or not seal properly.
Yes I tightened from center towards out. Problem has been fixed now. One thing now is when it starts to make boost it starts lagging. Checked everything and found that my alternator is sending 14.2 bolts and the battery is only receiving about 13.5 volts then the fuel pump is only receiving 10volts so Ima rewire my power cables (found corrosion) and try that. If that doesn't work then that will most likely tell me that fuel pump is ready to give out