PDA

View Full Version : Surge Tank with stock s13 tank?

Punished
11-30-2014, 12:12 AM
Has anyone run/seen a surge tank set up with a stock tank (instead of a fuel cell)? This would be for a drift car with 550hp.

Currently have in flow order-
Walbro 255 in tank
Walbro 255 in line just before engine bay
Aeromotive Fuel Filter
My stock tank is clean, no rust, etc.

As I understand the rules- leaving stock tank in car I do not need to seal off the back of the coupe. Not that it is time consuming to do so, I just don't feel like cutting up my trunk floor and tubing everything at the moment.

What I was thinking- Radium surge tank with external pump, mounted in spare tire well.
I can move the inline Walbro to in tank for dual setup as well (probably not needed) or just remove it entirely.

Any input on this?

jr_ss
11-30-2014, 05:25 PM
I have the stock tank and a surge tank setup in my S14. It would be no different in an S13...

You need a larger pump than the Wally if you want 550. Bosch 044 will get you there. If your going with the Radium setup, just get their in-tank surge tank setup.

As far as rules are concerned, I would imagine that you'd still need a firewall/bulkhead built to pass inspection.

Punished
11-30-2014, 08:25 PM
jr_ss, funny I just ran across your build thread last night and saw you put a surge on a stock tank.

Did you put fuel cell foam in your tank or just leave it as is?

Bosch 044 is what I was going to order with the radium surge tank. Was going to ask them if I should swap out my Walbro for an intank bosch as well and Im assuming remove the inline walbro I have now as well.

jr_ss
12-01-2014, 07:25 AM
I left mine as is.

A Wally in the stock tank is fine, it is not your fuel rail feed pump anymore.

TheRealSy90
01-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Can this sort of setup be ran with the oem style rubber fuel hoses? I really don't feel like converting the whole fuel system to AN lines...