PDA

View Full Version : Help! My 240 wont start :(

drifterchick187
10-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi guys, I have an S13 with an SR and a Power FC and it won't start at all. I am wondering if you can offer some advice on where to start to diagnose what is wrong with my car :(

I have verified the fuel pump is kicking on and my power FC is turning on but still no go when i turn the key.

Any clues as to what I can check next? I have a DMM so I can check connections just not sure what I'm looking for exactly.

angel mkiv
10-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Did it start before you installed the power fc? But do the basics like hook up a fuel pressure gauge inline after the fuel filter and before the fuel rail and make sure your getting the 43psi i beleive and then hook up one of the spark plug testers to make sure it's getting spark..also a compression test.one of those is off and you can continue the diag

drifterchick187
10-30-2014, 06:36 PM
yes it was running great, it had a fresh tune and was dialed in. Then one day I turned the key and all the magic disappeared from our relationship :( ok I'll check Fuel pressure and spark and get back to you. Thanks for your help!

drifterchick187
10-30-2014, 06:46 PM
ok I dont have a fuel pressure gauge but I pulled out a spark plug and grounded it while it was hooked to the Coil pack and there was no spark at all when I turned the key over.

angel mkiv
10-30-2014, 07:09 PM
ok I dont have a fuel pressure gauge but I pulled out a spark plug and grounded it while it was hooked to the Coil pack and there was no spark at all when I turned the key over.

When you say turn the key over you mean during cranking right? But double check the coilpack harness ground wire/ignitor chip plugged in and all connectors are tight.. Then test to see if the coils are getting power and work your way back

drifterchick187
10-30-2014, 07:20 PM
yeah i mean cranking, is this a good example of what I need to check? I want to make sure I'm checking the right wire. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IHFOZtd2giU/TirgsRAyfJI/AAAAAAAAAdI/SMoia2EDOvI/s800/Doms%252520coil%252520harness.png