PDA

View Full Version : 140k transmission oil flush?

NissanRWD
07-15-2014, 03:23 PM
Edit: Car is Manual Transmission, my bad

I bought the car at 124k and it seemed well taken care of and had a coolant flush and refill along with oil changes on time when I bought it. The car had no shift boot and often i'd smell a little bit of burning transmission fluid but only on hot days and when the engine was warm (fan clutch kicks in).

Idk when the last transmission oil change was done but I want to do a flush. I've heard ppl say that flushing a car with high miles and not knowing when the last change was done can possibly ruin the transmission by taking out all the crap that's built up or something. Can anyone explain this to me? Maybe give me an idea on what I should do?

Transmission shifts fine btw. Sometimes has a click to it but doesn't necessarily feel like a grind

Primo's Silvia
07-15-2014, 04:01 PM
So ur trans is auto correct?? If so, look up the " 240sx wont shift gears" my auto 240 would do it all the time. So if its running fine and u dont beat it i reccomend leaving the way it is

NissanRWD
07-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Oops, sorry my car is manual. Forgot to mention that

Primo's Silvia
07-15-2014, 04:06 PM
Yea well tht saves u a huge headache.
Well if u do decide to change the gear oil go with Redline MT-90, i gurantee 80% zilvia'ns run and reccomend this stuff.

Lex Zarza
12-20-2019, 12:33 AM
How many quartz do you pour inn???
And what kind of name brands did you used?I

afishysilvia
12-20-2019, 01:56 AM
How many quartz do you pour inn???
And what kind of name brands did you used?I

Please no rocks in the motor.

Kingtal0n
01-04-2020, 02:02 PM
cobalt is where its at

that or malite,malachite, whatever, the green one

NashT
01-06-2020, 02:56 PM
Dude its a manual trans, you can change oil as often as youd like to.
As far as capacity, it has a drain and fill plug.
So go drive it for like 5-10 mins, then jack and stand, drain oil, then fill until the oil level reaches the fill plug.

Also, its gunna be way easier to fill if you have an electric transfer pump because theres pretty much no room to pour from a bottle

mechanicalmoron
01-06-2020, 08:21 PM
Dude its a manual trans, you can change oil as often as youd like to.
As far as capacity, it has a drain and fill plug.
So go drive it for like 5-10 mins, then jack and stand, drain oil, then fill until the oil level reaches the fill plug.

Also, its gunna be way easier to fill if you have an electric transfer pump because theres pretty much no room to pour from a bottle

stfu.

All the things you said are wrong and this thread is from 2014.