PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to get some opinons on my new setup.

poneyrunner
04-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Hello all, i pretty new here with posting this is my first post for help mostly ive just been reading. (this build has been 3 years in the making getting parts and knowledge. I hope i did it right)

So just like it says i wanted to get some opinions on my new setup from the guys that know these motors better than i do. I know a decent amount about building cars, have built several higher hp cars myself also been watching alot of turbo'd guys at the drift events i drift at for a while (over 3 years now lol) and been learning and just talking. I have figured out from personal experience as well as fellow drifters experience that heat and high revs which lead to detonation is the biggest down fall of most turbo'd motors no matter the make. So heres what i plan to do about that.

I am building a ka-t setup for my new drift car shooting for the reliable 450whp range with equivalent tq with goals to make it come on early and start to die off around 6k so i dont have to rev the nuts off of it (shooting for about 2k-6k strong power band) helping the problem of heat and high revs. Im trying to make the power come in early more like a na car with lots more power and tq in the low end, i care more about tq then hp. wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks for the help in advance.

Heres what i have so far.

Fully built bottom end (block bored .20 over and micro polished, manely rods, arias pistons that have ceramic coated top hats, moly coated side skirts, lateral gas porting and upgraded wrist pins, 9:1 compression with billet knife edge and balanced crank, arp everything and acl rod and crank bearings that are calico coated)
Stock head with stainless ceramic coated valves, 248 hot cam swap and cometic head gasket
Not sure of the brand of turbo mani I think its either full race or ebay but it is equal length ram horn top mount
The turbo is the same turbo i run on my 500whp daily driven ford focus which is a custom Comp Turbo ct2558 t3/t4 .48 trim with a billet compressor wheel (only difference between this turbo and the turbo on my focus is this one has the billet compressor wheel which is suppose to spool faster.)
Right now i have 2 sets of 550cc injectors which i plan to sell to buy some 71lb. (now do i go top feed or side feed i already have an ams top feed fuel rail plus stock side feed whats better?)
aem ems v1 ecu,
aem tru boost boost controller and wide band
aem boost sensitive fpr
aeromotive 340lph fuel pump
2002 lm7 truck coil packs
greddy intercooler setup
3 in down pipe
nismo 3 in mandrel bent exhaust
greddy type s bov (same as my focus)
ams high volume oil pump
megan racing motor and trany poly mounts
stock timing setup and water pump with 2 core aluminum radiator and ford focus fans.

For the clutch i planning on using the 250mm white bunny 6 puck clutch setup
welded stock diff and stock tranny ( i know they say they can only handle about 350whp but i know lots of people running way more than that on stock diff and trannys that drift and havent broken them yet.) some are even turbo'd v-8s and i figure they are putting down way more early tq than i will be.

Im thinking about 93 octane and 20-25psi on this turbo should get me to my goal. seeing as in my focus i run lower compression 8:1 with a 2.0l motor (smaller) at 27psi and puts down around 500whp and just over 500wtq.

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

poneyrunner
Learners Permit