PDA

View Full Version : new swap blues wont start sr20 s14

bmitchell_ga
03-29-2014, 09:28 PM
I just finished up my swap this afternoon and couldn't get the engine to start on its on. It seems to be getting fuel and spark. I did get it to run one time for about 5mins by pouring a little bit of gas into the cylinders. It ran decent but seemed like it was not firing on all cylinders. I cut off it to recheck my oil and stuff but when I tried to start it again it would just crank but not start, just like before. So does anyone know why it would start running once I poured gas in the cylinders, I'm talking like 5 mins not just a few seconds, but it will not start on it's own?

I'm just looking for ideas to try tomorrow, its been a long day.

Thanks

S14 sr into Kouki.

bmitchell_ga
03-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Update; today I got it to run for total of 45 mins, over two long periods.
What I did first was change my plugs to some bkr6e's and poured a little more fuel into the cylinders. It ran a little better than yesterday, but still had a little skip to it. I ran it long enough to bleed the coolant system and top off the radiator. Even my electric fan worked (stock Kouki). So then I got smart and tried to adjust the timing, it was a little off when I tried adjusting cas yesterday, as soon as I unplugged the the tps it shut off. Then wouldn't start again. Wtf? So I plugged back in the tps , pulled the plugs again and poured a little fuel in the cylinders and vroom fired right up. The longer it ran the better it idled, but it still busts-up pretty badly when I try to rev it up. I was messing around while it was running by trying to fit the maf into the intake and noticed the idle got even smoother with it choking the air some. Tomorrow I will try and wire in the maf and see if it will crank without pouring gas down the cylinders. It seems to me that it is not getting any type of start-up enrichment, any thoughts?

Def
03-30-2014, 05:02 PM
Seriously? No MAF and you expect it to run?

Wire ALL sensors in properly - THEN see if it runs.

bmitchell_ga
03-30-2014, 05:23 PM
I'm sorry bro but I have read multiple threads where people have had maf problems and they unplugged the maf and it ran fine, but yea I see your point. I'm not trying to drive the car, just trying to get it to crank.

On another note I got the wrong maf with my swap. My harness has the oval plug but the maf is square plug. So I gotta ghetto rig up a plug only reason I haven't put it in already.

Thank you for your input.

bataangpinoy
03-30-2014, 05:54 PM
try and reset the TPS. should be at .45V with the key in the ON position, and the throttle plate fully closed.

DennisC
04-01-2014, 01:54 AM
You need to get the proper MAF.