PDA

View Full Version : S14 will not start

jmotley
11-22-2013, 03:15 PM
I've got an s14 that I've done a swap where I took the motor, trans, harness, and ecu out of an automatic car and put the motor, harness, and ecu with the car's original manual transmission. I used the lower harness that was in the car and pulled the motor harness because the previous owner fucked it all up.

I've got it all in the car and plugged up right as far as I can tell but I get no fire and the fuel pump doesn't prime.. its open header right now too with no o2 sensor in the header (didn't have one its an aftermarket header). So any ideas or steps I could take to figure out what is going on?
as a warning its my first swap with a nissan so bear with me...

http://imgdonkey.com/big/VGE1MHlVWg/bear-with-me-imgur.gif

DJ-of-E
11-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Doesn't matter what car, if fuel pump does prime as first indicator and does turn over, you have an electrical issue.

Nissan_Alex
11-23-2013, 01:51 PM
did you wire up the park/neutral switch? If the car was Automatic and now Manual you have to wire it up, if it was manual and you put an auto harness in, the car needs the clutch switch wired up (both are in different areas) if you search park or neutral switch you should find some pictures of what I am talking about.

jmotley
11-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Doesn't matter what car, if fuel pump does prime as first indicator and does turn over, you have an electrical issue.

the fuel pump doesn't prime...

did you wire up the park/neutral switch? If the car was Automatic and now Manual you have to wire it up, if it was manual and you put an auto harness in, the car needs the clutch switch wired up (both are in different areas) if you search park or neutral switch you should find some pictures of what I am talking about.

Idk if its wired up or not but the car does turn over when I turn the key so I assume it is..