PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de stuck in limp mode help please

Greybush
10-29-2013, 06:24 PM
So I have a 93 coupe. The previous owner rebuilt the ka24de and deleted egr. I got it and had it running fine for a while, went to get in it next day started up and idled at around 2000 but went down slighty after warmup. Took it for a drive and won't go past 2000rpm. Pulled codes and saw it said maf was bad. Which didn't make sense since worked the day before. So I replaced fuel pump, and maf. Still doing it. Checked my fuel filter and it's fine. Checked for vacuum leaks and there are none. Also when driving car if you take it out of gear after it bogs it just dies. What else could it be?

goldens14
10-30-2013, 03:57 AM
i'm having the same issue with my car, hope someone helps us out bro

UnknownGuy
10-30-2013, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a issue ussually associated with a vaccume leak, but if you have already found that there wasnt one then check your MAf. Try unplugging the Maf and starting the car. If it has a hard time ideling your Maf is probably still ok. If it isnt and the car seems to run the same way, then you know that it probably isnt from your Maf and the problem is elsewhere. Hope this helps good luck.

goldens14
01-21-2014, 02:55 AM
Check wires coming off the maf sensor,?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goldens14
01-21-2014, 03:01 AM
I had the same issue a month ago, changed a few sensors and same issue, followed my wire that hooks up to my maf and it was broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sleepyS14se
01-21-2014, 11:35 AM
bad MAF

replace it and get back with us.

(as the above post states, check for an open or shorted wire(s) going to the MAF before replacing.