PDA

View Full Version : Ka24de rumbles timing??? Help

240_SeXy
09-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Hey wats up let me tell it from the beginning so I have a 92 ka24de was running good I changed the timing chain and guides, after it was all done I started the engine it idle like if it was cam. So I new I had skip a tooth I fix it it idle fine very smooth it felt like it lag power not a lot just a tiny bit when WOT . Also it wouldnt pass smog high nox -_- ). Heres were I think I messed up I tried re adjusting the cams again I check a bunch of puctures of the cams alignment n every thing check out I moved but it looked like the intake side was a little off so I skip another tooth. I put everything back (cold engine) I start the car it starts to rattle I kill it quick within seconds.. at this point im thinking I bent the valves.. so I re do the cams again and hope for the best, it starts right up idle is kinda smooth but slowly kinda sputters. Heres the thing the car runs way better n the power it feels great better than before I try to adjust the dizzy but still rumbles car stays on dosent die..

So my questions are :
Are my valves bent?

What can cause the bad idle ?

Car is stock no mods just a 11lb fidanza flywheel everything else STOCK

thanks and I appreciate any help I can get

heychris
09-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Do you have a shop manual for your car/motor?

I would suggest that and a spell check..

Ch

Sent using XT912 M

KoukiKid
10-08-2013, 09:54 AM
bad idle can be caused by a number of things. did you realign the motor to tdc when you were adjusting your distributor? I would look into proper distributor timing first and foremost. iirc the motor is supposed to be 20 degrees shy of TDC (there's a notch in the crank pulley to mark that) as you adjust the distributor... However, your best bet is to check your factory service manual (http://forums.nicoclub.com/240sx-fsm-full-service-manuals-s13-s14-ka24e-ka24de-t311075.html).

240_SeXy
10-10-2013, 04:08 AM
Thanks for the info I ended up re doing the whole timing chain again n putting everything to oem spec and it started right up and it idles like new.