PDA

View Full Version : s13 popping noises when turning

35077s13
02-14-2013, 09:19 PM
So when I got my car it had cut springs and rode like hell. it popped really loud when turn left or right. I put actual lowering springs on it and it doesn't pop near as bad still coming from left side when I turn left and right side when I turn right. so my question is if the rack and pinion is bad or what.

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android

Turbo Mat
02-14-2013, 09:21 PM
sounds to me like tension rods, or ball joints. both have made my car do the same thing.

35077s13
02-14-2013, 09:23 PM
sounds to me like tension rods, or ball joints. both have made my car do the same thing.

See I was wondering that but I haven't ever messed with a rack and pinion on one. So I didn't know for sure.

Mikester
02-14-2013, 10:31 PM
A ball joint will cause more of a "clunk"

Check your inner/outer tie rods... MUCH more prevalent on 4x4's, but depending on how bad it is, it could be the issue... Cut springs could definitely have done a number on them... not to mention wreak havoc on the front struts.

35077s13
02-14-2013, 10:39 PM
A ball joint will cause more of a "clunk"

Check your inner/outer tie rods... MUCH more prevalent on 4x4's, but depending on how bad it is, it could be the issue... Cut springs could definitely have done a number on them... not to mention wreak havoc on the front struts.
oh the the struts were shot I pushed em down easy by hand luckily we have a nice shop with a lift to work out of so ill check those tomorrow. yea its more of a pop then a clunk.

Meow69guy
02-16-2013, 11:13 PM
welded diff? lol