View Full Version : hampton/newport news VA

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

smokescreen240
04-07-2014, 08:01 PM
sawblades? aren't those 5x120?

T_wo.and.T_one
04-07-2014, 08:17 PM
sawblades? aren't those 5x120?

Yes they are, got some adapters and what not, chances are they'll go on one of my other trucks or something. Idk if using adapters is the best idea. But hey they were a steal at $125

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

fliprayzin240sx
04-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Well, if you decide to sell them, might be interested on putting them on my E46 wagon...

240sxTyler
04-07-2014, 10:20 PM
lol,as much as i'd like to tell you, there's no "safe" place around here. save it for the track. i'd hate to see you get locked up, or your car impounded. Va is notourious for finding shit like that.

lol what track, there aren't any. not to mention how am i supposed to get on a track and have car control if i can't even practice.
idk this area is the most annoying thing about building my car, I can't even use it at it's full potential.

T_wo.and.T_one
04-07-2014, 10:50 PM
Well, if you decide to sell them, might be interested on putting them on my E46 wagon...

Duly noted good sir, its good to have options.

Silverbullet
04-08-2014, 06:25 AM
Im in the Portsmouth area and run a custom shop Baddline customs and Collision) I can get your paint done great for way less that 3k.

They do excellent work. I've been to the shop on various occasions.

bill23500
04-08-2014, 06:26 AM
lol what track, there aren't any. not to mention how am i supposed to get on a track and have car control if i can't even practice.
idk this area is the most annoying thing about building my car, I can't even use it at it's full potential.

Hey, it's the chance you gotta be willing to take. I'd like to say I won't street drift, but come on let's be serious. If you're cruising in your drift car with all the pavement in front of you at your disposal how can you not kick it out sideways. I'm not saying do it in broad daylight with a lot of traffic around, but maybe go out late one night when you and your car are the only thing at risk.

turbronegro
04-08-2014, 07:49 AM
Try asking langley speedway if you could practice there since it's the only safe spot on the peninsula.

fliprayzin240sx
04-08-2014, 07:54 AM
If they ever let us use the damn infield, I'd be drifting there. My ass can't drift that Oval, too much sketch for me. Least let me practice to get comfortable...

smokescreen240
04-08-2014, 10:16 AM

lol, how you think ray and knoop feel? they damn near daily their full on track cars.

crzsteveo
04-08-2014, 10:34 AM
STREETS FOR LIFE!!!!!

I was in the same position as you tyler. I started in the parking lot at my highschool after football practice. I kick it sideways leaving and at intersections. and when it rains, come on people, everyone kicks it out lol

but for reals, the track is where its at. at least for me because I have a car I use strickly for the track.

if you want, ill sell it to you lol. I sure as hell don't want to see your car in a wall.

ive seen it way too many times.

smokescreen240
04-08-2014, 10:37 AM
STREETS FOR LIFE!!!!!

I was in the same position as you tyler. I started in the parking lot at my highschool after football practice. I kick it sideways leaving and at intersections. and when it rains, come on people, everyone kicks it out lol

but for reals, the track is where its at. at least for me because I have a car I use strickly for the track.

if you want, ill sell it to you lol. I sure as hell don't want to see your car in a wall.

ive seen it way too many times.

info on sed car!?

crzsteveo
04-08-2014, 11:16 AM
^ I thought I had a CL post but I guess not. got a video though lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFMBnt4s6Lo&list=UUn5rQu8J_u6B2i5gtKa8YBA

smokescreen240
04-08-2014, 11:20 AM
^ I thought I had a CL post but I guess not. got a video though lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFMBnt4s6Lo&list=UUn5rQu8J_u6B2i5gtKa8YBA

i always kinda wanted a missle. dunno where i'd put it right now. lol.

dcuccs13coupe
04-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, not new to the area or zilvia, but i just realized that there is a thread for round here. I live in norfolk, work in the navy (big surprise). Hope to see you guys around. Here is a pic of my car:
http://i.imgur.com/LSlUwMc.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
04-08-2014, 07:01 PM
lol, how you think ray and knoop feel? they damn near daily their full on track cars.

Knoop doesnt daily his car, not since I've been here. I'll probably start DD'ing the wagon when I get back...tired or wrenching on that POS.

i always kinda wanted a missle. dunno where i'd put it right now. lol.

You'd put it in a curb...:fawkd:

smokescreen240
04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Knoop doesnt daily his car, not since I've been here. I'll probably start DD'ing the wagon when I get back...tired or wrenching on that POS.

now i remember, his title got taken away. :P

and there's no need to be hurtful, there are no curbs on the track, just walls. :mrmeph:

crzsteveo
04-08-2014, 08:32 PM
that's what its meant for lol. I already hit the wall about 2 or 3 times

93_ProjectS13
04-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Yah he doesnt dd it but hes trying to make it road legal again. And according to him he hasn't tracked it in a year.

fliprayzin240sx
04-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Fuck, I'm ready to go home. I'm sick and tired of wiping my ass with sand paper that they're trying to pass off as toilet paper.

240sxTyler
04-09-2014, 08:51 PM
I've only heard rumors and seen videos of events at Pungo Airfield, whatever happened to those? Now they only autocross out there and strictly prohibit drifting. It'd be cool if there was some land owner out here who liked cars and shit and set up events for us, but that's only in a perfect world.

smokescreen240
04-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Fuck, I'm ready to go home. I'm sick and tired of wiping my ass with sand paper that they're trying to pass off as toilet paper.

feels like you've been gone forever. lol.

I've only heard rumors and seen videos of events at Pungo Airfield, whatever happened to those? Now they only autocross out there and strictly prohibit drifting. It'd be cool if there was some land owner out here who liked cars and shit and set up events for us, but that's only in a perfect world.

one reason i miss being in ga, the local tracks were very into the drifting scene, as long as you payed up, you could slide for as long as you desired.

fliprayzin240sx
04-10-2014, 08:03 PM
From what I heard, Pungo didnt like how much damage was happening on the property from people chunking the concrete and accidentally going off roading.

93_ProjectS13
04-13-2014, 10:30 AM
looking for a ka or a ka head assembled.

fliprayzin240sx
04-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Mike, this has your name all over it...maybe Paige will let you buy it for your birthday for the next 50 yrs.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=561705

fliprayzin240sx
04-13-2014, 10:04 PM
I swear, I need to talk to one of the mods about locking me out of marketplace...these things wants to take my deployment money.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/163/0gg5.jpg

TomBec
04-14-2014, 12:12 AM
looking for a ka or a ka head assembled.

I've got a KA I want to get rid of but won't be home from deployment until July. Still in the car and don't think the wife and dog could pull it lol.

smokescreen240
04-14-2014, 07:36 AM
I swear, I need to talk to one of the mods about locking me out of marketplace...these things wants to take my deployment money.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/163/0gg5.jpg

lol, see i want deployment moneys. i'd make a fat paymet on the z, and buy a dd also.

fliprayzin240sx
04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm paying off all my debt just in case I'm out with these Separation Board this summer. But looks like my ass is getting these mirror. I'm gonna get it sent to Lorie's house in Norcal.

smokescreen240
04-15-2014, 11:14 AM
lol, just send it to my place, and i'll hold them til you get here.

dropped my skirts and rear add ons off for paint. so stoked.

93_ProjectS13
04-15-2014, 06:53 PM
I've got a KA I want to get rid of but won't be home from deployment until July. Still in the car and don't think the wife and dog could pull it lol.

Cool! Ill wait till ya get home. Is it a 95+ ka?

240sxTyler
04-15-2014, 10:51 PM
Not sure if this was any of you guys, or if anybody knew this dude, but here's a typically funny s-chassis noob story.
So my buddy tells me his friend just got a 240, his friend happened to be this kid that I couldn't stand in high school and always thought he knew what he was talking about. Well just today he picked up this s13
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4415836592.html
I had seen it on craigslist a few days ago and showed it to a friend because it was pretty clean for the most part and the suspension seemed to be in good order.

Well not even a couple hours after my friend is like "yeah he just took me for a ride in it and was driving it like an idiot" I get a message saying "yeah he just wrecked it."

TomBec
04-16-2014, 05:02 AM
I'm paying off all my debt just in case I'm out with these Separation Board this summer. But looks like my ass is getting these mirror. I'm gonna get it sent to Lorie's house in Norcal.

Where are you deployed to?

smokescreen240
04-16-2014, 05:25 AM
Not sure if this was any of you guys, or if anybody knew this dude, but here's a typically funny s-chassis noob story.
So my buddy tells me his friend just got a 240, his friend happened to be this kid that I couldn't stand in high school and always thought he knew what he was talking about. Well just today he picked up this s13
http://norfolk.craigslist.org/cto/4415836592.html
I had seen it on craigslist a few days ago and showed it to a friend because it was pretty clean for the most part and the suspension seemed to be in good order.

Well not even a couple hours after my friend is like "yeah he just took me for a ride in it and was driving it like an idiot" I get a message saying "yeah he just wrecked it."

this is why we can't have nice things.

crzsteveo
04-16-2014, 05:27 PM
whens he parting out??!!? let us know! so we can get cheap deals since he doesn't know what its worth!

93_ProjectS13
04-16-2014, 06:12 PM
How bad is it wrecked

240sxTyler
04-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Not sure what happened with it yet, like I said I'm not friends with him or anything so I can't really ask him what happened, but I'll hear from my buddy who is friends with him later.
As far as I know, he pulled a loan out for it, payed 4500 for it, and fucked it in the same day. Haven't seen pictures, he just sent my friend a picture of the rear view mirror of a towtruck. lol.

240sxTyler
04-16-2014, 07:43 PM
So uh, this is awkward. Messaged my buddy who knew the guy asking what ever happened to the 240, he replies "dude, bigger problems, ttyl," i'm like, alright that's weird.
Bout 30 minutes later he tells me he committed suicide today.

fliprayzin240sx
04-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Where are you deployed to?

Great 7 month vacation in a shit hole of a country called Qatar.

So I've lived and been to alot of places in the world. Lived in Japan, Philippines, UAE. Been to Kuwait, Iraq, Thailand, UK, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, France, Italy, Canada, Mexico...etc. But I have never in a country full of driving assholes. Qatar is it. Everybody in this shit hole country drives like they're the most important pricks in the world. They will go around 1 set of cars, cross 3 lanes to make a gawdamn right turn 50 feet later. They will take their SUVs and drive on the curb to get around traffic, then make a left turn at the intersection FROM THE RIGHT SIDE CURB. I swear if I ever talk shit about VA drivers when I get back, somebody slap the shit out of me.

240sxTyler
04-16-2014, 09:13 PM
Great 7 month vacation in a shit hole of a country called Qatar.

hey man, Qatar aint that bad. Got to go there for 2 months with my dad in 2010. I'd assume you're in Doha?

fliprayzin240sx
04-16-2014, 09:24 PM
hey man, Qatar aint that bad. Got to go there for 2 months with my dad in 2010. I'd assume you're in Doha?

On base but if I get to choose not to go offbase ever again...I wouldnt. There's nothing really worth a damn doing here, specially when shits so damn expensive. They're trying to bring in tourism here like UAE (Abu-Dhabi and Dubai) but there is absolutely nothing worth going here for. All I've done when I went off base is to watch movies and get something to eat. Most places, I'd end up spending $35 just for a meal.

This place has the same feel as Abu-Dhabi back in the late 80s. Thats how far behind this country is. I'd go insane if I have to be here for a year. God forbid this place becomes an accompanied tour for 2-3 yrs. I'd divorce my wife to save her the trouble of coming here.

240sxTyler
04-16-2014, 09:28 PM
On base but if I get to choose not to go offbase ever again...I wouldnt. There's nothing really worth a damn doing here, specially when shits so damn expensive. They're trying to bring in tourism here like UAE (Abu-Dhabi and Dubai) but there is absolutely nothing worth going here for. All I've done when I went off base is to watch movies and get something to eat. Most places, I'd end up spending $35 just for a meal.

This place has the same feel as Abu-Dhabi back in the late 80s. Thats how far behind this country is.

Well I guess 14 year old me and my dad making a decent amount of money made Doha pretty fun. We played golf in the desert, took ATV's on the dunes, went to the Villagio a few times as well as the big ass mall, drove around the entire country in 6 hours, checked out the old fishing villages while doing that, checked out some museums, went to The Maze in the pearl, checked out some food in the sooks. But 2 months was defnitely too long for me, I spent most of the days playing WoW on his laptop while he was at work, I was ready to leave at the end of those 2 months lolol.

Mi BEAN
04-16-2014, 09:47 PM
If you guys make it just on the norfolk side let me know. Just got my maroon zenki down here after hibernation of winter

turbronegro
04-16-2014, 10:04 PM
When ever I'm in that part of the world I'm always having 7.62 whizzing by and getting my ears blown out by rpg's. I wish any of my deployments were niceas qatar and abu dhabi.
Thanks Air Force!

TomBec
04-17-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm in Bahrain. Pretty awesome drivers here, too. Hopefully one day I can "haji left" like they do

iBlaze240
04-17-2014, 04:11 PM
So uh, this is awkward. Messaged my buddy who knew the guy asking what ever happened to the 240, he replies "dude, bigger problems, ttyl," i'm like, alright that's weird.

Dude that is insane....

crzsteveo
04-17-2014, 05:04 PM

ddddaaaaauuummmm........

smokescreen240
04-18-2014, 06:36 AM

:sadwavey:

TomBec
04-18-2014, 10:27 AM

so whats up with the 240?

jk.. lol? too soon?

:angel:

fliprayzin240sx
04-18-2014, 03:15 PM
When ever I'm in that part of the world I'm always having 7.62 whizzing by and getting my ears blown out by rpg's. I wish any of my deployments were niceas qatar and abu dhabi.
Thanks Air Force!

Well, before this was Balad. Welcome to Mortaritaville...land of you don't drive around perimeter road between 1600-1800 cuz you know the base is gonna get mortared between those times, everyday. Oh the sweet sound of C-RAMs, how I miss thee...

lY1NErClX1g

240sxTyler
04-18-2014, 08:27 PM
so whats up with the 240?

jk.. lol? too soon?

:angel:

acutally, nobody has any clue where the car is or how bad it was wrecked. tow truck company took it somewhere, and that's all we know currently.

turbronegro
04-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Well, before this was Balad. Welcome to Mortaritaville...land of you don't drive around perimeter road between 1600-1800 cuz you know the base is gonna get mortared between those times, everyday. Oh the sweet sound of C-RAMs, how I miss thee...

lY1NErClX1g

Balad been there one for a short stint. In tikrit a lot.

fliprayzin240sx
04-19-2014, 08:42 PM
I just miss having awesome DFACs. Chow hall here in Al Udeid is pretty shitty...not quite Langley chow hall shitty but not that far behind. Fuckers seems to have never heard of seasonings before.

Yardjass
04-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Hey you guiseee. I'm in Suffolk and here's my car, although it doesn't come out often. Anybody going to springfest next weekend?

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m595/yardjass/595F0FEF-5167-4C3F-B8DA-F4BE734DAE10_zps0b8spdjt.jpg

Also, I had a pretty healthy lul over this. I recognize a couple of your usernames <3
If you wanna see what events are going on out here, go to VaDriven. But for the love God, do not bother posting in there. Don't even bother doing an introduction thread. Just go there to check out the events section since thats all its good for.

crzsteveo
04-20-2014, 11:19 AM
pretty much ery one is going lol

fliprayzin240sx
04-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Hey you guiseee. I'm in Suffolk and here's my car, although it doesn't come out often. Anybody going to springfest next weekend?

Also, I had a pretty healthy lul over this. I recognize a couple of your usernames <3

LoL...Am I wrong? :p

But there's a grip of folks going. Alot of folks are coming down from NOVA/DC/MD area from MA240sx from the looks of their FB page.

Yardjass
04-20-2014, 05:17 PM
LoL...Am I wrong? :p

But there's a grip of folks going. Alot of folks are coming down from NOVA/DC/MD area from MA240sx from the looks of their FB page.

Nope, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that I heavily contribute to that sort of stuff. I'll be at springfest with the Z. Don't have a preregistration but I'm going to show up early and hopefully get in. I wasn't in town last year but the year before was pretty awesome and I hear it is just continuing to grow.

fliprayzin240sx
04-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Yah, the year prior, there were alot of opening. Myself and 2 other buddies of mine showed up a good hour after it started and we managed to park on the show side. Last year was completely packed 1 hr before it started. I couldnt find parking anywhere, ended up parking infront of a tent for the BMW guys I knew. Weather didn't cooperate but surprisingly people stuck around and still had a blast.

I think this thing is gonna be jam packed again. Plus with the new venue being the Convention Center, not sure how much space they got planned for the outdoor part. Figured they're gonna use the parking lot on the left side of the convention center for the outdoor section. That should be able to fit atleast 500 cars.

I say preregister since they're gonna start turning people away by 1230. If you dont, you better be there before 0900. I wonder if Nick and them got a map of how they're planning on doing the setup.

Yardjass
04-20-2014, 07:38 PM
I don't know but preregistration is over :(

crzsteveo
04-20-2014, 09:10 PM
I thought pre reg was for the show? is the show inside our outside?

240sxTyler
04-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Preregistration is over for the show but you can still show up during load in time between 8 and 12 i believe and pay 30 bucks to get in the show. There's an outdoor and indoor venue but the indoor as been booked since February. I signed up for the outdoor back in January, there's over 350 people who have already preregistered on the site lol.

smokescreen240
04-21-2014, 07:51 AM
got an indoor slot. :D

lol. they said they'll have the doors open for all pre-reg guys from 9-9 on friday. you may be able to convince them to park yours in early. don't quote me on that, but you'd have a better chance than people trying to stuff their cars in an hour before the show starts.

fliprayzin240sx
04-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Your car aint indoor worthy without those Equips....just saying...

smokescreen240
04-21-2014, 08:43 AM
Your car aint indoor worthy without those Equips....just saying...

soooo lemmme borrow them for SF> :)

fliprayzin240sx
04-21-2014, 09:11 AM
If you can get into my garage...more power to you...

smokescreen240
04-21-2014, 09:12 AM
Is there a trick to it? Lol

punxva
04-21-2014, 10:53 AM
i'll be there with the s13 outside. come say hi

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/1013876_653973427990239_80824441688612354_n_zpsc05 a1211.jpg

smokescreen240
04-21-2014, 12:46 PM

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/1013876_653973427990239_80824441688612354_n_zpsc05 a1211.jpg

welp. just got showed up by an s13. i'm not going anymore.

Yardjass
04-21-2014, 03:13 PM
I may try on Friday. In all honesty I don't want to leave the car in general parking so if they won't let me in the show as a prereg, I'll probably just leave it at home and bring the daily instead. Either way I definitely don't want to miss the show. Gonna be awesome!

crzsteveo
04-22-2014, 11:47 AM
ffffuuucccckkkkk....I didn't think I would meet someone with a 326 wing...dam it

fliprayzin240sx
04-22-2014, 10:41 PM
326 w a n g!!!

smokescreen240
04-23-2014, 05:53 AM
mehhh. lol.

fliprayzin240sx
04-23-2014, 07:11 AM

Did you repaint it a new color? I dont remember it being red or widebodied...:boink:

smokescreen240
04-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Did you repaint it a new color? I dont remember it being red or widebodied...:boink:

god ray keep up with the damn build threads.

punxva
04-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Yeah ray i took my meisters and put them on the s14, so i went wide with the kranze when i relipped them. Then we finally painted it. After waiting since january my 326 showed up a few weeks ago. Gt-1 plus origin type 2 50mm and 326 is a deadly combo.

My name is Jordan for those i haven't met over the years, stop by and say hi i'll be there all day. I'm disappointed that my s14 is in paint now too and wont be done for this weekend.

smokescreen240
04-23-2014, 07:24 AM
Yeah ray i took my meisters and put them on the s14, so i went wide with the kranze when i relipped them. Then we finally painted it. After waiting since january my 326 showed up a few weeks ago. Gt-1 plus origin type 2 50mm and 326 is a deadly combo.

My name is Jordan for those i haven't met over the years, stop by and say hi i'll be there all day. I'm disappointed that my s14 is in paint now too and wont be done for this weekend.

i'll be parked inside with my shitty z and my shitty wheels. :P

i'll say hi though. :) just because i own a z, doesn't mean i'm a douchebag.

fliprayzin240sx
04-23-2014, 07:28 AM
god ray keep up with the damn build threads.

I dont hang out in there...half the damn build threads are just freaking picture threads powered by hopes and dreams.

i'll be parked inside with my shitty z and my shitty wheels. :P

i'll say hi though. :) just because i own a z, doesn't mean i'm a douchebag.

You actually met Jordan once already. He was the guy I was talking to with the S14 at the last Sumospeed Ice Cream Social we went to in VB last year.

smokescreen240
04-23-2014, 07:33 AM
i'm terrible with names. lol. the only s14 that's coming to mind is that red one on thoese "hot wheel" 5 spokes. i thought he sold that....

there's an s14 with a vh swap on base now. also, there's a guy with a modded z at your shop now. and a bunch of new hondas. :/

punxva
04-23-2014, 07:38 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/1234475_557990574255192_492481191_n_zps0031c3f8.jp g

This one is my s14

smokescreen240
04-23-2014, 07:42 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh! lol. long time no see! :wavey:

crzsteveo
04-23-2014, 09:17 AM
ill be there with my high chrome vskfs....on my RC s13 lol

punxva
04-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Oh hai. Had some battle damage i just finished fixing this week

fliprayzin240sx
04-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Oh hai. Had some battle damage i just finished fixing this week

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/E7E13C44-1298-46BD-908D-56FBDAC9ABB5_zpseycjj5h2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/DE01E2D1-02E6-4B1A-BE1D-CF4A28B01BD0_zpsia81cp5r.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/315CD5D8-B833-465F-9202-32EE2E298092_zpsggymfepf.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/9D8537C6-95BC-4A52-AF1C-56991CA23BF3_zpsidquedf3.jpg

Damn Noob need to learn how to post pix... :fawk:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/E7E13C44-1298-46BD-908D-56FBDAC9ABB5_zpseycjj5h2.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/DE01E2D1-02E6-4B1A-BE1D-CF4A28B01BD0_zpsia81cp5r.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/315CD5D8-B833-465F-9202-32EE2E298092_zpsggymfepf.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/9D8537C6-95BC-4A52-AF1C-56991CA23BF3_zpsidquedf3.jpg

You tossed the SR out the hatch into the S14 right?

punxva
04-23-2014, 02:53 PM
No sir the hatch has always had a ka-t in it. I bought a s14 sr for the s14.

fliprayzin240sx
04-23-2014, 03:32 PM
Man, why the hell am I thinking it had an SR with a damn GT2871 in...I must be thinking of somebody else. I know waaaaay too many damn folks with S-chassis...

punxva
04-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Its a built ka-t with a gt2876r haha

smokescreen240
04-24-2014, 05:07 AM
you've got fab skills my friend!

240sxTyler
04-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Here's as mine sits now and how it will appear at Springfest, I'll be parked up with a couple buddies, Zenki on CCW reps, and a military tan Miata.

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10168184_10202691200854666_5597128129919034252_n.j pg

Lip gets here Friday, hoping to have it painted and installed before then but chances are I won't get it on in time.

240sxTyler
04-24-2014, 08:03 PM
and god i want some new wheels, so tired of these XXR's, but too broke to go 5 lug.

crzsteveo
04-24-2014, 08:08 PM
^hhhmmm maybe ill buy them from you?!?

240sxTyler
04-24-2014, 08:18 PM
^hhhmmm maybe ill buy them from you?!?

As soon as I decide what I want and get the money for it then yeah I'll be selling them for like 600 with tires probably, cause by that point the rear tires will be needing to be changed out anyway.

I'd love to get some custom made 4-lug XD9's but there's so many Type X's with XD9's. I'm thinking about getting the new Square G8's but I haven't seen how they look on an s13 yet so I'm not too sure. Definitely going with 18s though.

crzsteveo
04-25-2014, 09:02 AM
the squares wont look good....

spotted a red zenki, amber signals, boso pips, pretty low. right by ODU, I gave you the peace sign in my hatch. who are you!??!?!

240sxTyler
04-25-2014, 01:10 PM
the squares wont look good....

I'd have them painted though, not sure what color..

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Somebody gotta be looking for a Silvia front end with BRICKS!!!

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=563093

TomBec
04-25-2014, 10:40 PM
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=563093

Anyone in the area interested in going in on this s13 Silvia front end with me? I just want the bumper but the guy doesn't want to part. I have a nice Q bumper and cash I'm willing to put down for the aero bumper.

fliprayzin240sx
04-25-2014, 11:53 PM
LoL...I just posted it up right above you. I know the guy who owns it and the guy who's parting it out. They're 2 of the OG mods here in Zilvia. Bricks headlights alone go for $500 ish, give or take $100.

TomBec
04-26-2014, 12:09 AM
Dude.. I'm pissed about it. I have a front end minus hood and brackets pieced together.. Now this goes up for sale. I really want that bumper. I'm thinking about buying it anyway problem being I'm in bahrain until July.

fliprayzin240sx
04-26-2014, 02:54 AM
If you talk to Phllip, pay for it and have him put it aside for you...he'd do it. I trust that guy...

TomBec
04-26-2014, 08:32 AM
If you talk to Phlip, pay for it and have him put it aside for you...he'd do it. I trust that guy...

paid.

yolo.

240sxTyler
04-26-2014, 09:32 AM
No longer going to be in the show at Springfest. Motor blew on the way there.

In that case, anybody have an SR for sale? I only need an assembled motor, nothing else. Would be nice to have one that's been rebuilt or kind of built. I would also want to pay to install since I don't have the tools for it.

fliprayzin240sx
04-26-2014, 09:50 AM
WTF? How'd it blow? Blown like rods decided to give you new drain holes?

240sxTyler
04-26-2014, 10:09 AM
WTF? How'd it blow? Blown like rods decided to give you new drain holes?

Overheated for no reason on the highway on the way there, I wasn't even pounding it just cruising 5th gear and noticed the temp going up. Pulled over and cut it off just before I hit the H, smoke going everywhere and overflow spitting out every last bit of coolant I had. Had my fried run to autozone and grab coolant, filled up the radiator and started up fine at normal temperatures. Pulled off and had no power and a terrible rod knock, by the time I mad it to another exit the car cut off and won't start back up.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted this motor when it came with a blown gt28rs

Yardjass
04-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Overheated for no reason on the highway on the way there, I wasn't even pounding it just cruising 5th gear and noticed the temp going up. Pulled over and cut it off just before I hit the H, smoke going everywhere and overflow spitting out every last bit of coolant I had. Had my fried run to autozone and grab coolant, filled up the radiator and started up fine at normal temperatures. Pulled off and had no power and a terrible rod knock, by the time I mad it to another exit the car cut off and won't start back up.

I knew I shouldn't have trusted this motor when it came with a blown gt28rs

How much are you looking to spend?

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/engine-exhaust-drivetrain-70/fully-built-sr20det-complete-swap-extra-goodies-479002/

240sxTyler
04-26-2014, 04:49 PM
How much are you looking to spend?

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/engine-exhaust-drivetrain-70/fully-built-sr20det-complete-swap-extra-goodies-479002/

I'd get it if I wanted to have the funds for it. I got a loan to help me get back on my feet. I should have gotten that one to begin with.

If any of you are familiar with 1320 tuning in Newport News, don't go there, just don't.

Yardjass
04-26-2014, 05:16 PM
I'd get it if I wanted to have the funds for it. I got a loan to help me get back on my feet. I should have gotten that one to begin with.

If any of you are familiar with 1320 tuning in Newport News, don't go there, just don't.

Oh, fuck 1320. Never been there, never will, because every story I hear is a horror story. I tell all my friends to avoid it like the plague. The way that guy selling the SR20 feels about Rameybuilt is how much I hate 1320.

The show was pretty good though. Pulled my Z in next to a pretty cool guy with a gorgeous S13. Didn't get to chat as long as I wanted but I got to stare at his car plenty. Dude said he was drag racing it and running 11's.

240sxTyler
04-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Oh, fuck 1320. Never been there, never will, because every story I hear is a horror story. I tell all my friends to avoid it like the plague. The way that guy selling the SR20 feels about Rameybuilt is how much I hate 1320.

I didn't start hearing the horror stories until after I had already dropped my car off there.

Also, https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/1504516_10202708575329017_7331552448690594198_o.jp g

fliprayzin240sx
04-26-2014, 08:03 PM
Meh, went to their open house almost a while back, wasnt too impressed. Then again, I havent found a shop to really impressed me out here. Even Ramey has been shitty after the whole ordeal with Chris' S13, while he was deployed.

If I was home, I'd help you swap in an SR. Shouldnt take more than a day...I've gotten swap outs down in 4 hrs.

Yardjass
04-27-2014, 01:38 PM
I didn't start hearing the horror stories until after I had already dropped my car off there.

Also, https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/1504516_10202708575329017_7331552448690594198_o.jp g

Oh haiiii! I got to meet smokescreen yesterday. The show was pretty good IMO. That orange Datsun Z was gorgeous.

For shops, I've heard terrible things about 1320. Also about Rameybuilt, mainly Shawn and how he treats his customers and has a history of not standing behind his work, although I will acknowledge that there are some good people working for him.

I recommend All Aspects for most installation/troubleshooting/tuning. For body work, either stock or modified or this guy Rick, who painted the silver Porsche that was at the conversion center entrance yesterday. Fab work, I would probably hit either MRD or I hear there's a really good dude at some muffler shop in Newport News. Maybe even Ramey because their fab guy is exceptional and they can't really fuck it up like if they tune your car wrong and then leave you with a blown motor and absolve themselves of all responsibility.

fliprayzin240sx
04-27-2014, 02:53 PM
I was thinking of giving All Aspect a shot when I get back. Just not sure if they mess around with PFCs. I was starting to pick up some knock on my PFC when I left and I'm thinking I'm starting to get more blow by. I need to do a compression check when I get back for peace of mind.

Yardjass
04-27-2014, 03:48 PM
I was thinking of giving All Aspect a shot when I get back. Just not sure if they mess around with PFCs. I was starting to pick up some knock on my PFC when I left and I'm thinking I'm starting to get more blow by. I need to do a compression check when I get back for peace of mind.

I've never had that done so I can't tell you if they do that or not, but I can tell you that the work they do, they do well.

VAs13
04-27-2014, 03:53 PM

if anything id go to millennium (MRD) in portsmouth. They have had a part in all of my s13's, S15, JZS147, and now my R33. The owner is a long long time family friend and does good work.

fliprayzin240sx
04-27-2014, 04:19 PM
My impression of Millenium has been hit or miss. You, Mike and a few other people recommend them but then, I've also seen some shenaniguns that came out of that shop. I remember seen an R33 where they broke the exhaust manifold stud and they tack welded the nut on the manifold to make it look like its still on.

Yardjass
04-27-2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah I've heard some shitty rumors about MRD but I have a buddy who used to work there. He has a lot of connections as a former employee so I trust anything they would do with my car because of that. I do most of my own work other than body work, alignments and heavy fabrication though so I normally don't have a need for places like that anyway. I may have them fab a roll bar or cage one day though.

240sxTyler
04-27-2014, 07:44 PM
Here's a quick video I threw together of SF.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9AS8wCjyQ

shots are amateur but whatevs

fliprayzin240sx
04-28-2014, 05:56 AM
Damn...I want an RB25'd Cefiro. Also, did you guys use the whole convention center? I thought the hall was bigger than that, atleast from what I remember.

Didnt know you knew Matt, what the hell does he drive now after he sold his RB'd S13? I tried to help him as much as possible on that car but that thing just had so much electrical gremlins.

punxva
04-28-2014, 06:40 AM
my car decided to debead both rear tires pulling into the show so every picture of my car looks derp haha. Luckily we brought drift spares in the bed of my truck to get it back on the trailer afterwards. All in all it was fun, i remember why i enjoy going to the track more than car shows though.

smokescreen240
04-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Damn...I want an RB25'd Cefiro. Also, did you guys use the whole convention center? I thought the hall was bigger than that, atleast from what I remember.

Didnt know you knew Matt, what the hell does he drive now after he sold his RB'd S13? I tried to help him as much as possible on that car but that thing just had so much electrical gremlins.

they had it walled off. i'm pretty sure we used about 1/4 of the convention center. i remember the auto show being WAY bigger than that. they've already announced that next year they'll use more indoor space at the same location.

fliprayzin240sx
04-28-2014, 07:41 AM
my car decided to debead both rear tires pulling into the show so every picture of my car looks derp haha. Luckily we brought drift spares in the bed of my truck to get it back on the trailer afterwards. All in all it was fun, i remember why i enjoy going to the track more than car shows though.

Yah, I saw some pictures and I was wondering why it looked weird...

they had it walled off. i'm pretty sure we used about 1/4 of the convention center. i remember the auto show being WAY bigger than that. they've already announced that next year they'll use more indoor space at the same location.

I thought maybe I was loosing my mind. I was thinking I remember that shit being a lot larger than it is.

smokescreen240
04-28-2014, 07:45 AM
I thought maybe I was loosing my mind. I was thinking I remember that shit being a lot larger than it is.

you could still be losing your mind. :rimshot:

Yardjass
04-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Nice video Tyler. Footage is a little shaky but you did a really good job covering a whole lot of the cars at the event. I've seen a video or two of nothing but what was inside and I feel like they really missed out on a lot not coming outside.

smokescreen240
04-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Nice video Tyler. Footage is a little shaky but you did a really good job covering a whole lot of the cars at the event. I've seen a video or two of nothing but what was inside and I feel like they really missed out on a lot not coming outside.

outside was pretty dope! i just can't take the heat. lol.

crzsteveo
04-28-2014, 09:45 PM
^.........it was like 70 degrees..... -__- lol

smokescreen240
04-29-2014, 05:17 AM
^.........it was like 70 degrees..... -__- lol

yet i still got burnt.

240sxTyler
04-29-2014, 09:09 AM

Thanks! I only do filming very rarely so I don't need to spend the money on camera sliders for better shots, the last time I even used my T2i was at ECHM lolol.
It was fun testing out the GoPro shots though, I've only had it a couple months and it was my first time using it for non-action related shots. I wanted to do a shot holding my monopod 6 feet in the air with the GoPro on it and go up and down each isle and then fast forward the shot, but soon after I got to the show I wanted to leave since I wasn't really in the best of moods.

Every single person I knew came up and asked me where my car was, shit sucked. :wtc:

240sxTyler
04-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Still in need of a motor, I found one for dirt cheap but it needs to be cleaned up inside because some moisture got inside, but I'm not looking to have something taken apart and put back together. Just need one that will for sure run and drive.

240sxTyler
04-29-2014, 08:12 PM
scratch that, i offered mau5 money + my broken SR and we have a deal.

sorry for spam.

punxva
04-30-2014, 07:47 AM
From Springfest this past weekend

http://www.stancenation.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Springfest-2014-Photo-Coverage-43.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
04-30-2014, 07:56 AM
Whats that bumper holder you're using Jordan?

Oh yah, if anybody happens to making a trip up to DC and can do me a favor, PM me. I got 6 more weeks till I get home and I got an RB25 tranny that needs a ride back from Woodbrigde. Dunno how much I can trust somebody holding my money and transmission for 6 weeks.

smokescreen240
04-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Whats that bumper holder you're using Jordan?

Oh yah, if anybody happens to making a trip up to DC and can do me a favor, PM me. I got 6 more weeks till I get home and I got an RB25 tranny that needs a ride back from Woodbrigde. Dunno how much I can trust somebody holding my money and transmission for 6 weeks.

see if he can drop it off for a few more pennies. i can keep it here lol.

punxva
04-30-2014, 12:04 PM
Ray they are terry springs from pegasus racing

crzsteveo
04-30-2014, 04:41 PM
Ray I make trips to NOVA at least once or twice a month. so I can do it if you can arrange that dude to meet with me in manassas

93_ProjectS13
04-30-2014, 07:50 PM
Thought I'd post this here first. I'm thinking of selling or trading my 18x10 matte blue xd9s. They have maybe 150 miles on them.

crzsteveo
04-30-2014, 09:16 PM
^trades for what? and price?

93_ProjectS13
05-01-2014, 04:18 AM
$1750 without tires. Or trade for other nice wheels or complete running swaps.

smokescreen240
05-01-2014, 05:08 AM
$1750 without tires. Or trade for other nice wheels or complete running swaps.

you stoppit, don't tempt me. XD

93_ProjectS13
05-01-2014, 07:41 AM
well there for sale until I get the new ka into the car.

smokescreen240
05-01-2014, 07:44 AM
what are the offsets?

93_ProjectS13
05-01-2014, 08:38 AM
+18 :) msg length

fliprayzin240sx
05-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Ray they are terry springs from pegasus racing
Do you have anything bracing it behind the fiberglass?

Do it...you should tell Paige to buy it for you...

Ray I make trips to NOVA at least once or twice a month. so I can do it if you can arrange that dude to meet with me in manassas

Well lemme know when you might be going up there next time, I'll ask the guy if he can meet you out there.

punxva
05-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Nope i just used backing washers on the back sides of the rivets

fliprayzin240sx
05-03-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm bored...somebody entertain me...

Yardjass
05-03-2014, 05:57 PM
I'm bored...somebody entertain me...

This is a pretty good read, especially the original Facebook post:
http://www.vadriven.com/forums/super-punchout-21/why-we-cant-have-nice-things-483556/

Also, there's a negreplegion coordinated rep boost for anyone who can get those fags in there posting.

fliprayzin240sx
05-03-2014, 06:35 PM
I was reading it before I left for work last night. I always thought the folks who comes thru C&C are mostly adults, or atleast behave like one. Ofcourse, it had to be a VW owner and all his nut swingers comes out defending his ass. He didnt want people to ding his car...WTF shitty cop out is that? Then dont fucking come you numb nut. People who drives Lambos and Ferraris can park in regular spots, you dont hear them tripping about people dinging their fucking doors. Corey put up 2 signs and this moron just blatantly disregards it to be an asshole. Bunch of fucking "ME" generation...

240sxTyler
05-03-2014, 08:30 PM
I hate 90% of "car enthusiasts" around here. Everybody takes this shit as constant shit talk. Nobody has any respect for each other anymore, but idk if there was ever any respect to begin with. it's really quite sad.

240sxTyler
05-03-2014, 08:33 PM
also btw, if anybody is in need of a whole chuki front end, bumper, vents, signals, and extensions, with a license plate bracket delete, lemme know.

$100

Yardjass
05-04-2014, 06:52 AM
I was reading it before I left for work last night. I always thought the folks who comes thru C&C are mostly adults, or atleast behave like one. Ofcourse, it had to be a VW owner and all his nut swingers comes out defending his ass. He didnt want people to ding his car...WTF shitty cop out is that? Then dont fucking come you numb nut. People who drives Lambos and Ferraris can park in regular spots, you dont hear them tripping about people dinging their fucking doors. Corey put up 2 signs and this moron just blatantly disregards it to be an asshole. Bunch of fucking "ME" generation...

As sad as it is, I was a big fan of what Kyle did at those pizza shop meets. One way in and out and if you act like a shitdick, you are kicked out and not allowed to return. I don't see any other way to keep faggles like that away, and sadly that kind of stuff probably will be the end of cars 'n coffee sooner or later. But you know, they're too worried about "dey swag" and how you "disrespekin dem". Also about their trendy shitbox VW that deserves to be treated better than the myriad of valuable exotics and classics that show up every month.

turbronegro
05-04-2014, 07:14 AM
SoCal is 100000000X worse with the brodingles and mexicants!

fliprayzin240sx
05-04-2014, 12:37 PM
SoCal is 100000000X worse with the brodingles and mexicants!

Yah but atleast you have alot of shops down there. I miss being able to drive up to Phase2 in Diamond Bar to pick up parts or hit up SAM at JSPEC. How you getting settled in SD? Hit up DJDanger24 out there, he's a buddy of mine in Oki who got out and living down there, building a mean ass RB25.

fliprayzin240sx
05-04-2014, 12:39 PM
As sad as it is, I was a big fan of what Kyle did at those pizza shop meets. One way in and out and if you act like a shitdick, you are kicked out and not allowed to return. I don't see any other way to keep faggles like that away, and sadly that kind of stuff probably will be the end of cars 'n coffee sooner or later. But you know, they're too worried about "dey swag" and how you "disrespekin dem". Also about their trendy shitbox VW that deserves to be treated better than the myriad of valuable exotics and classics that show up every month.

Nowadays, I dont know whats worst, Honda Owners or VW Owners. Then again, everybody really has their bad apples that ruin it for everybody else. C&C better still be going on when I get back, thats the only thing that keeps my sanity in check out there. Probably wont be able to hit till August since I wont make the July one since I'm gonna be in SF then drive cross country back to VA.

Yardjass
05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
Nowadays, I dont know whats worst, Honda Owners or VW Owners. Then again, everybody really has their bad apples that ruin it for everybody else. C&C better still be going on when I get back, thats the only thing that keeps my sanity in check out there. Probably wont be able to hit till August since I wont make the July one since I'm gonna be in SF then drive cross country back to VA.

Virginia beach has been carrying out some sort of crusade against car culture lately. It doesn't help when those shitlords do stupid stuff at car events but ultimately it is the property managers bitching about meets and the cops writing exhaust tickets because they don't want to be somewhere else actually doing their jobs. It is great that Jenro's is in Portsmouth now because the property owners aren't complaining and the cops are too busy dealing with actual important issues to care about some car nonsense. IMO, it should all be moved out of VB. They are far from good hosts so fuck em. Send the events, the flashy cars and the money somewhere else.

fliprayzin240sx
05-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Since you brought up Jenros, wouldnt it be a kick ass idea to move C&C there and have them open for breakfast? Breakfast, coffee, cars and actually be where we are welcome.

Then again, people will probably snub going to Jenros since its in Portsmouth.

fliprayzin240sx
05-04-2014, 01:56 PM
LoL...why I hate VAdriven: "drifting is gay as fuck, anyone can drift a rwd car..woooo im spinning tires and on JAPANS cock ni**er loving slant eyed [email protected]@k fucker -king TUT"

crzsteveo
05-04-2014, 09:45 PM
^hhahahh lmao

ray, next time ill be in nova will be may 23 to 25

Yardjass
05-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Well king tut is a colossal faggot so there's that. I just negged him into a red medal by the way.

93_ProjectS13
05-05-2014, 05:39 PM

PM Me a offer I need the cash asap for a dd!!!

smokescreen240
05-06-2014, 12:22 PM
PM Me a offer I need the cash asap for a dd!!!

sorry buddy. just got rpf1's. :(

turbronegro
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM
[email protected] VAdriven. I used to be a member there and I suddenly stopped posting there oneday. They think their trolling but its far too predictable and the same ol' same ol' thinking rep matters and that racist remarks are the new in thing. Kind of a waste though such a huge site could really bring together the car culture in VA. But, between the bashing shit heads and the FSonly/toocheap/trade4pitbull folks their arent any real people left there. I know they do it for the entertainment but they're ruining the forum and honestly they havent brought anything new to their trolling game since 2009? Titsorgtfo? negged? VAD runs your life? go back to the FS section? Sad I know most of those guys personally like LordH and NasThatch and a few others. idk wth happened there but the fun is been too old now.

93_ProjectS13
05-06-2014, 02:16 PM
sorry buddy. just got rpf1's. :(

Another 350z with rpf1. Way to stay original....j/k

punxva
05-06-2014, 02:16 PM
So i just went through my tool box and found a few things i dont need, if anyone local wants to grab them before i post a fs thread here's what i've found so far in my collection of parts in bins

Brand new moog s14 inner tie rods w/ boots & tien spacers $75
Jic toe rods with qa1 heim joints $60
Unknown t28 adjustable wastegate $40
Q45 throttle body $40
Brand new Era1 rack offset spacers $100

Yardjass
05-06-2014, 02:19 PM
[email protected] VAdriven. I used to be a member there and I suddenly stopped posting there oneday. They think their trolling but its far too predictable and the same ol' same ol' thinking rep matters and that racist remarks are the new in thing. Kind of a waste though such a huge site could really bring together the car culture in VA. But, between the bashing shit heads and the FSonly/toocheap/trade4pitbull folks their arent any real people left there. I know they do it for the entertainment but they're ruining the forum and honestly they havent brought anything new to their trolling game since 2009? Titsorgtfo? negged? VAD runs your life? go back to the FS section? Sad I know most of those guys personally like LordH and NasThatch and a few others. idk wth happened there but the fun is been too old now.

I fucking hate the for sale only fags, especially the ones who try and sell their turd Hondas for above KBB. The mods started banning people for bashing overpriced FS threads and drag has become significantly less entertaining since. That said, I've met a lot of the people who bash and they're pretty cool IRL. It used to be fun to stir up shit and get a rise out of flat billed cretins but we were stirring shit in FS ads and that has been banned. Any more it is just a place to shoot the shit and talk about what everyone is doing that weekend. Oh, and post porn and dook/dope.

fliprayzin240sx
05-06-2014, 09:40 PM
^^^Damn you and your rep legion!!! I just cant stand the damn Lemming Effect in there, like stated, VAD could be a better forum if people aren't dicks just to be dicks. If you're gonna blast somebody, atleast have a reason other than "Oh thats what all the cool kids do" bullshit. Atleast when I blast kids in here, I give them a reason why.

Fagles...the official word of VADriven. For some reason, when I see that word, this pop in head.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130331052442/finalfantasy/images/b/b4/Moogles_FFIX_Art.jpg

240sxTyler
05-06-2014, 09:51 PM
lol fagles

Thinking about going to an autocross event at Pungo next month, is it even worth? I guess it wouldn't hurt to get some track time with my car, even if it is just dodging cones.

smokescreen240
05-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Another 350z with rpf1. Way to stay original....j/k

they won't stay, honestly i'm gonna refinish them/respray them and trade up.

Yardjass
05-07-2014, 06:37 PM
lol fagles

Thinking about going to an autocross event at Pungo next month, is it even worth? I guess it wouldn't hurt to get some track time with my car, even if it is just dodging cones.

Never been to pungo but I hear it sucks dak. Lots of cracks in the concrete, grass growing through it that nobody cuts. Stuff like that. I will say I went a couple times and it seemed more sociable than other autoX events. Lots of kickass cars too, cobra kits and such. I did a few ride alongs and had quite a lot of fun.

If you want a better venue, try ACU4 at the little creek base. It is run by the same group and is a much better surface to run on. I actually tried to sign up for the next one in mid May today but it was filled up. They have a few more coming up though. I'll definitely be attending the earliest one that still has spots. Haven't autocrossed since early last year and I want to get back into it.

Also, lol @ the faggle pic. Shits getting hard on driven. They won't let us rip on the dick riding Honda for sale faggles so the pickings have become quite slim as far as people whose jimmies we can rustle goes :(

fliprayzin240sx
05-07-2014, 09:12 PM
Well, I'm trying to rent this house off Thomas Nelson in Hampton...if everything works out, I'll be in there when I get back. Probably wont be able to move all my shit in till after I get back from CA in July. But 2 car garage... :)

240sxTyler
05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
Never been to pungo but I hear it sucks dak. Lots of cracks in the concrete, grass growing through it that nobody cuts. Stuff like that. I will say I went a couple times and it seemed more sociable than other autoX events. Lots of kickass cars too, cobra kits and such. I did a few ride alongs and had quite a lot of fun.

If you want a better venue, try ACU4 at the little creek base. It is run by the same group and is a much better surface to run on. I actually tried to sign up for the next one in mid May today but it was filled up. They have a few more coming up though. I'll definitely be attending the earliest one that still has spots. Haven't autocrossed since early last year and I want to get back into it.

just watched a video of the ACU course, does look a lot better. would be cool if we could do some sideways out there but nobody likes that around here.

:hahano:

crzsteveo
05-07-2014, 10:26 PM
im in the sort of same boat as you Ray, im trying to find a god dam place in Norfolk with a garage...

turbronegro
05-07-2014, 10:52 PM
Well, I'm trying to rent this house off Thomas Nelson in Hampton...if everything works out, I'll be in there when I get back. Probably wont be able to move all my shit in till after I get back from CA in July. But 2 car garage... :)

My mom lives in Thomas Nelson which house are you looking at? It might be one of the few my god mother owns there lol.

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2014, 12:40 AM
2 Scarborough, literally right off the corner from the main road coming from TNCC to Bethel.

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2014, 12:49 AM
im in the sort of same boat as you Ray, im trying to find a god dam place in Norfolk with a garage...

These are all the sites I've been using:

www.zillow.com
www.trulia.com
www.ahrn.com
www.hotpads.com
http://www.longandfoster-propertymanagement.com/rentals.html?sort=null&selectedTab=pw_listing_widget_tabs_detail&addr=&min=&max=1500&type=Single+Family&anyDate=true&beds=&baths=&vid=-1310461007
http://www.prudentialtownerealty.com/search-result.html?visiblity=block&hdPage=frmLeftSearch&frmQuick_Address=Enter+an+Address&frmQuick_MLSNumber=MLS+Number&frmQuick_State=47&frmQuick_City=Hampton%2C+VA&frmQuick_Type=RNT&frmQuick_MinPrice=Min+Price&frmQuick_MaxPrice=1500&frmQuick_Bed=&frmQuick_Bath=&public_status%5B%5D=Active&frmMinSquareFootage=1100&frmMaxSquareFootage=Max+Sq+Ft&frmQuick_Subdivision=Sub+Division+%2F+Neighborhood&frmParkingOption=2&frmMinAcreage=Min+Acreage&frmMaxAcreage=Max+Acreage&frmMinBuildYear=Min+Built+Yr&frmMaxBuildYear=Max+Built+Yr&frmHighschool=&frmElementaryschool=&hdPage=frmLeftSearch&hdSearchBar=yes

smokescreen240
05-08-2014, 07:24 AM
These are all the sites I've been using:

www.zillow.com
www.trulia.com
www.ahrn.com
www.hotpads.com
http://www.longandfoster-propertymanagement.com/rentals.html?sort=null&selectedTab=pw_listing_widget_tabs_detail&addr=&min=&max=1500&type=Single+Family&anyDate=true&beds=&baths=&vid=-1310461007
http://www.prudentialtownerealty.com/search-result.html?visiblity=block&hdPage=frmLeftSearch&frmQuick_Address=Enter+an+Address&frmQuick_MLSNumber=MLS+Number&frmQuick_State=47&frmQuick_City=Hampton%2C+VA&frmQuick_Type=RNT&frmQuick_MinPrice=Min+Price&frmQuick_MaxPrice=1500&frmQuick_Bed=&frmQuick_Bath=&public_status%5B%5D=Active&frmMinSquareFootage=1100&frmMaxSquareFootage=Max+Sq+Ft&frmQuick_Subdivision=Sub+Division+%2F+Neighborhood&frmParkingOption=2&frmMinAcreage=Min+Acreage&frmMaxAcreage=Max+Acreage&frmMinBuildYear=Min+Built+Yr&frmMaxBuildYear=Max+Built+Yr&frmHighschool=&frmElementaryschool=&hdPage=frmLeftSearch&hdSearchBar=yes

thanks. been looking for places withgarages. found a few. :)

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2014, 08:49 AM
thanks. been looking for places withgarages. found a few. :)

I checked in with my old apartment and they raised their rates to almost $1250, then $200 for my 2 garages, its cheaper for me to move into a damn house.

crzsteveo
05-08-2014, 09:11 AM
yyeeep been using those sites and craigslist lol

smokescreen240
05-08-2014, 09:44 AM
I checked in with my old apartment and they raised their rates to almost $1250, then $200 for my 2 garages, its cheaper for me to move into a damn house.

that's ridiculous. we're at 945 for ours....granted there's no garages...but no apartment is 1250 a month nice. lol.

turbronegro
05-08-2014, 10:58 AM
2 Scarborough, literally right off the corner from the main road coming from TNCC to Bethel.

I know that house, unfortunately its not one that my god mother owns. I'll ask her if she has any available to rent in Hampton/NN. What you looking to pay?

Yardjass
05-08-2014, 03:22 PM

And that's why I'll no longer be renting in about a month :D

crzsteveo
05-08-2014, 03:25 PM
I know that house, unfortunately its not one that my god mother owns. I'll ask her if she has any available to rent in Hampton/NN. What you looking to pay?

if she has a place around ODU let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

240sxTyler
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM
i need a recommend

about to have this fully built SR but will be running stock turbo setup for the meantime while I save up for a new one.
I know I wanna do external gate but i don't know which turbo/manifold I should get, also want to get above 300hp for sure. I'm running on low budget but I want the best for my money.

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2014, 10:07 PM
i need a recommend

about to have this fully built SR but will be running stock turbo setup for the meantime while I save up for a new one.
I know I wanna do external gate but i don't know which turbo/manifold I should get, also want to get above 300hp for sure. I'm running on low budget but I want the best for my money.

Question is, what turbo are you planning on running later down the road? If you say larger than a GT2871R, ie GT30XX, then you'd pretty much have to spend the money on a good T3 flanged top mount manifold. But if your plan is GT2871R, which I recommend myself, then get with CodyAce and have him extrude hone the stock manifold and weld an external wastegate V-band flange on it.

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2014, 10:09 PM
And that's why I'll no longer be renting in about a month :D

I absolutely refuse to buy a house here. I have no reason to want to stay here more than another year or 2. I see my ass going to Korea or volunteering for a White House Comm gig, to get the hell out of Langley.

fliprayzin240sx
05-08-2014, 10:10 PM

$1500, maybe a bit more if its really nice with 2 garages. Also must be pet friendly since I have a dog.

Yardjass
05-09-2014, 07:10 PM
I absolutely refuse to buy a house here. I have no reason to want to stay here more than another year or 2. I see my ass going to Korea or volunteering for a White House Comm gig, to get the hell out of Langley.

I disagree. This is a great place to own a home. Pay on it for a few years and then move the hell out of the area. Then you can rent it out to the swarm of military people that are always coming and going around here.

fliprayzin240sx
05-09-2014, 08:04 PM
I disagree. This is a great place to own a home. Pay on it for a few years and then move the hell out of the area. Then you can rent it out to the swarm of military people that are always coming and going around here.

My problem is that I dont want to have to worry about having a property out here without anybody I trust to keep an eye on it. Plus, most properties out here are older than my mom. I absolutely hate the rancher style, sub-1100 sq feet homes out there.

fliprayzin240sx
05-10-2014, 03:12 AM
Bought 2 shirts and got trolled by Dorkidori...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/fliprayzin240sx/44CBA312-12B3-4F68-A91F-BCC2A021612D_zps4oxqqn4b.jpg

Yardjass
05-10-2014, 08:07 AM
My problem is that I dont want to have to worry about having a property out here without anybody I trust to keep an eye on it. Plus, most properties out here are older than my mom. I absolutely hate the rancher style, sub-1100 sq feet homes out there.

I dunno man, insurance would cover anything. I hear you on the tiny ranches though. I got a 2 story because I looked at a couple of ranches and the space available didn't justify the price.

240sxTyler
05-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Anybody experienced wiring up the Type X turn signals and fog lights to work for the USDM harness? My lights came with the bulbs but no pigtail wire, just the female connector. Is there a way I can make this work or do I need to source some male connector pigtails?

Yardjass
05-11-2014, 07:21 AM
No idea. I know less than nothing about 240's.

crzsteveo
05-11-2014, 10:12 PM
yo tyler, you can swing by my place if you want to wire up your type x tails. just copy mine lol

240sxTyler
05-11-2014, 10:15 PM
yo tyler, you can swing by my place if you want to wire up your type x tails. just copy mine lol

needed help with the bumper lights, bought the tail lights already wired for USDM.
Just found some male connectors to order though, hopefully i can figure out the wiring.

crzsteveo
05-11-2014, 10:22 PM
ah gotcha. its late lol

smokescreen240
05-12-2014, 07:11 AM
yayyyy monday!

turbronegro
05-12-2014, 04:20 PM
$1500, maybe a bit more if its really nice with 2 garages. Also must be pet friendly since I have a dog.

Sorry for being late. She doesn't have any that low.
In another note. If you don't mind living near Ft Eustis you could possibly find something in that range.

93_ProjectS13
05-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Got a set ove xxr527s in chromium I got from Tyler in trade.
18x8.75
5x114.3
Chromium
nt555 all 1/4 tread

Asking 650.00

fliprayzin240sx
05-12-2014, 08:47 PM
Sorry for being late. She doesn't have any that low.
In another note. If you don't mind living near Ft Eustis you could possibly find something in that range.

I'm good, I'm working on this one for $1350. Plus, there's a bunch more popping up on Trulia now. There's 1 in Saunders for $1250 but the agent wont reply to emails for shit. Another one popped up in Foxhill for $1350. Figured, worst case scenario, if none of these houses pan out, there are a few for $1500-1550 that I dont see going off the market anytime soon. I'll roll into those if these sub $1400 doesnt pan out.

With that said, 1 more fucking month and I'm outta here...:ssex:

crzsteveo
05-12-2014, 09:09 PM
^that shit pisses me off. im currently been playing freaking phone tag with a lady that posted her house up for rent two weeks ago. I called her and told her im ready to sign the lease...and then she forgets, then wont answer my phone calls.... why bother putting a house up for rent/sale if you aint gonna put some effort up front! fuck!

fliprayzin240sx
05-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Yah, my issue now is getting the application completed. Part of the form is having my old rental place to fill in information about me being a good tenant, not missing payments, etc. Fuckers wont reply back to my emails and they still havent pulled payments out for the 2 garage that I'm still renting from them. My car and house hold goods are in those garages.

Yardjass
05-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Wow, that shits expensive over there. $1500 is a little more than my mortgage.

fliprayzin240sx
05-13-2014, 07:44 PM
Whole area is expensive. My damn BAH here is more than my BAH in freaking nothern California and I'd still come out of pocket.

240sxTyler
05-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Got a set ove xxr527s in chromium I got from Tyler in trade.
18x8.75
5x114.3
Chromium
nt555 all 1/4 tread

Asking 650.00

Did your idea for their use end up not working out?
Here's how the coils ended up working out on my buddies s14, which I had to install since he's dumb.
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31.0-8/856312_10202708496647050_887091702342511338_o.jpg
Maxed out in the front, they ride real nice, makes me want to get some better coils now lol. He just needs some spacers.
Also, I hate how large these pictures show up, I feel obnoxious.

93_ProjectS13
05-14-2014, 04:14 AM
Ya I'm just gonna sell em to get a ka so I can drive my damn car!! His car turned out nice. Glad he likes the coilovers.

smokescreen240
05-14-2014, 08:19 AM
looking to trade my wheels+cash for something more agressive 18's or 19's
cosmis racing xt005r 18x10 +20 square. or i'll sell outright w/o tires 800 or 1300 with tires.

MUST CLEAR BREMBO

fliprayzin240sx
05-14-2014, 09:03 AM
But YOU don't have brembos.... :keke:

smokescreen240
05-14-2014, 09:07 AM

neither do you. :mepoke:

i'm getting brembos. soon. lol. why get wheels that wont clear brembos....when i'm getting brembos?

fliprayzin240sx
05-14-2014, 10:12 AM
I dont need Brembos, my POS R33 brakes stops my 3000 lbs car juuuuuust fine. Been running the same setup for over 6 yrs now with no issue.

Yardjass
05-14-2014, 07:05 PM

You guise.....

:D

http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m595/yardjass/12AE1364-EAAD-4B74-90C2-B493A37B5CE8_zpszfdisex0.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
05-14-2014, 07:28 PM
Well my old supervisor checked out that house, the first thing he told me was "I know why you wanted that house...that garage is huuuge!!!" Emailed my application in, hopefully everything works out I get to move in when I get back.

smokescreen240
05-15-2014, 05:36 AM
Well my old supervisor checked out that house, the first thing he told me was "I know why you wanted that house...that garage is huuuge!!!" Emailed my application in, hopefully everything works out I get to move in when I get back.

if you need any help, lemme know man. my wife starts working evenings on monday, so all of my afternoons just cleared up. lol.

fliprayzin240sx
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
I thought she works at MPF? Didnt know they work nights...

smokescreen240
05-16-2014, 06:03 AM
I thought she works at MPF? Didnt know they work nights...

no? lol. she's a lab tech at the hospital.

crzsteveo
05-16-2014, 12:58 PM
anyone looking for a KA24DE motor???

I know a guy in nova that has one with about 95xxx + miles on it, pretty fresh

93_ProjectS13
05-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Me DAMNIT!!

crzsteveo
05-16-2014, 08:19 PM
^hit me up on the 757 facebook group. Steven Snyder. I can probably pull it and transport it down here

fliprayzin240sx
05-17-2014, 12:22 AM
no? lol. she's a lab tech at the hospital.

Soooo Lorie automatically hates Paige. Lorie's deathly scared of needles and all medtechs are the devil to her.

93_ProjectS13
05-17-2014, 07:57 AM
^hit me up on the 757 facebook group. Steven Snyder. I can probably pull it and transport it down here

Sent ya a pm

turbronegro
05-17-2014, 11:16 PM
Yall need any langley mpf hookups lmk.

fliprayzin240sx
05-18-2014, 07:06 AM
Can your hookup get me orders out of Langley?

smokescreen240
05-19-2014, 08:40 AM
Soooo Lorie automatically hates Paige. Lorie's deathly scared of needles and all medtechs are the devil to her.

lol, so far, paige is the only one that hasn't missed my vein. everyone up there sucks. if lorrie does go up there, just tell her to look for a1c vollrath

turbronegro
05-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Can your hookup get me orders out of Langley?

No! It took me 6 yrs to do that for myself. What AFSC?

fliprayzin240sx
05-19-2014, 07:50 PM
3D1X3, wait did you get out? I figured you're navy and thats why you're in socal.

Oh yah, got a hook up at finance? Need to get this BAH re-certification crap done before I lose my damn dependent rate while i'm deployed.

T_wo.and.T_one
05-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Anybody got a de computer sitting around? I finally got her over on this side of the water and im bouta plop this de in and do this tranny swap. Helpin hands on base would be nice too lol.

fliprayzin240sx
05-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Anybody happen to know someone with an RB25 clutch fan and shroud that they're not using locally?

smokescreen240
05-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Anybody happen to know someone with an RB25 clutch fan and shroud that they're not using locally?

negative sir.

Yardjass
05-22-2014, 04:49 PM
Nope. Try the 757 Nissan bookface group?

T_wo.and.T_one
05-22-2014, 06:17 PM
My baby is home now!

fliprayzin240sx
05-22-2014, 11:17 PM
negative sir.

Just in case you didn't see this snookums..

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=566325

smokescreen240
05-25-2014, 07:12 PM
If someone bought my wheels I'd buy them, if not I'll keep putting my pennies away lol

VAs13
05-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Well im taking 3 weeks of leave next month before going back to afghanland and will be picking up the R33!!!

fliprayzin240sx
05-26-2014, 12:13 AM
WTF? You might need to change your home of records to Afghanistan. Didnt you just got back last summer? I'm bout to head back and you're about to head out again.

VAs13
05-26-2014, 05:10 AM
WTF? You might need to change your home of records to Afghanistan. Didnt you just got back last summer? I'm bout to head back and you're about to head out again.

In one of the most deployed brigades in all the army lol. I got back a year and 9 days ago today.

fliprayzin240sx
05-26-2014, 06:31 AM
If thats the case, shouldnt you be driving a Lambo by now? :p Then again, GTRs are a damn money pit.

VAs13
05-26-2014, 08:10 AM
If thats the case, shouldnt you be driving a Lambo by now? :p Then again, GTRs are a damn money pit.

Considering I have more money into my RB than what I paid for the R33, that's pretty accurate.

fliprayzin240sx
05-26-2014, 10:03 PM
If thats the case, shouldnt you be driving a Lambo by now? :p Then again, ALL RBs are damn money pits.

Wait, I had to fix that real quick...

smokescreen240
05-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Wait, I had to fix that real quick...

still better than an sr...

TomBec
05-27-2014, 09:57 AM
anyone in the portsmouth area do home hvac work? having an issue back home with my smaller upstairs unit, but i am deployed until august. looking for some help.

harrypotter
05-27-2014, 02:59 PM

If the RB20 clutch fan is the same cover postage and it is on the way.

fliprayzin240sx
05-27-2014, 07:52 PM
Holy shit, you're still in NM? Figured your ass would have done the Korea back to Japan tour. Was Bush there too? I know his ass is heading to mainland after doing Korea.

You got a shroud too? I think I can fanagle the KA fan on, shroud is what I really need more than anything.

240sxTyler
05-27-2014, 10:19 PM
getting real tired of 8.75 per hour job. won't be until late august before I have enough money for 2871 setup on my new motor that I haven't been able to start yet because I had to order a new cold pipe for the greddy manifold. god damn 240s being expensive and shit. so worth though.

fliprayzin240sx
05-27-2014, 10:29 PM
^^^You didnt need a cold pipe. You could have just cut the S13 cold pipe you have to line up with the relocated TB on the S13 Greddy style intake manifold.

240sxTyler
05-27-2014, 11:09 PM
^^^You didnt need a cold pipe. You could have just cut the S13 cold pipe you have to line up with the relocated TB on the S13 Greddy style intake manifold.

Wouldn't I need new hose though? I've got the whole ISIS FMIC kit right now. don't even have tools to cut metal lol. I found a cold pipe for like 50 bucks it's just not gonna be here for a while.
Also, where can I ground my fuel injectors? I'm thinning I'll have to extend the wires to reach the firewall or something.

fliprayzin240sx
05-28-2014, 05:51 AM
Hose? You talking about the IACV line? Usually those are located further down the pipe where you need to cut it.

As far as grounding, its ground, you as long as you bolt it down on something thats bare metal, it should be good to go.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=211615

punxva
05-28-2014, 06:02 AM
so for those that don't know yet i am painting the s14 daily driver after dealing with a hit and run on it a month ago. Just ordered new lips for the meisters that were on it in the front to make them the new rears and moved the old 18x10 +15 rears to the front. Here's some pics of the color sprayed out on the trunk. Other than wheels and a few new arms to replace what was damaged in the steering the car is pretty much staying how it was, with full jdm aero with dmax roof and trunk wings how it was before. And yes i am painting that ugly ass kevlar bwave hood that i have on it body color once i make it smooth.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/s14paint_zps4d30840c.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/punxva/s14paint2_zpsdbc04e30.jpg

ethompson6
05-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Just joined Zilvia and found this thread. Looking to see if anyone has a 240 for sale. Not much on craigslist.

240sxTyler
05-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Hose? You talking about the IACV line? Usually those are located further down the pipe where you need to cut it.

As far as grounding, its ground, you as long as you bolt it down on something thats bare metal, it should be good to go.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=211615

I'm referring to the hose between the IC piping and TB.
As far as the grounding though, the ground wires aren't even and inch long, I'll have to extend them to reach anything.

Yardjass
05-28-2014, 04:19 PM
For those of you who expressed interest in getting into autocross, TSCC is holding a cone clinic at ACU4 on the 14th of June. Registration opened today. It looks like it will be a lot of instruction geared towards novices, and a good opportunity for noobs.

93_ProjectS13
05-28-2014, 05:41 PM
anyone in the portsmouth area do home hvac work? having an issue back home with my smaller upstairs unit, but i am deployed until august. looking for some help.

What's it doin?

crzsteveo
05-28-2014, 07:35 PM
For those of you who expressed interest in getting into autocross, TSCC is holding a cone clinic at ACU4 on the 14th of June. Registration opened today. It looks like it will be a lot of instruction geared towards novices, and a good opportunity for noobs.

AH NICE! too bad I blew up my clutch and trans....

TomBec
05-29-2014, 01:34 AM
What's it doin?

Air handler is blowing, just not cooling.

93_ProjectS13
05-29-2014, 05:23 AM

Ok ill talk with my hvac guy today when I see him on site.

fliprayzin240sx
05-29-2014, 06:03 AM

Just like cars, might be low on freon.

93_ProjectS13
05-29-2014, 09:04 AM
Talked to a hvac guy. He gave me a couple things to tell you.

The first thing is to check the condenser coils and make sure there cleaned off and not filthy. Usually pet fur causes this.

Also it may be low on freon, which means you could have a small leak in the system. The reason its not blowing cold and the system still blows is because the unit has a low pressure switch which triggers whenlow on fluid, saving the unit. Now if youe wife or whoever is there heres the compressor trying to kick on or is running and the freon is low itll burn it up. I wouldnjust turn it off or to fan only.