PDA

View Full Version : Dohc to sohc sr chassis swap! Questions??

SLiDe_WaYz
10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, long story short I'll get straight to the point. I picked up another shell, sohc straight body, no rust, good paint. Vin number said DOHC, dash vin and firewall vin match. BUT the engine in the car was a SOHC, and the F4 plug in the dash is for a SOHC.

Now I swapped throttle cables with my old Dohc chassis, along with suspension, 5lug, brakes, gauges, ext. My wiring harness is from Yuri, from like 2005. No problems with it at all! My problem is the plug from the ecu that is suppose to plug into the F4 plug of course doesn't plug in since it's a white sohc plug and not a brown Dohc one.

With that said, what happens if I don't plug that in? What do I need to do in order for my fuel speedometer to work, and what would I need to do in order to get that plug to plug in !!? I know repin, but how I know the speedometer wouldn't work if I repin it with a Dohc plug!? I have no clue as to how to wire it up since I'm horrible with wiring. Hence why I have a wiring specialties wiring harness so I'm ny chasing gremlins in wires!

Someone! Some awesome Guru help me out! Tell me what to do! Because this is ALL I have left to do!

s13silvia123
10-17-2011, 07:48 PM
thats the dash plug swap with the brown plug, its color coded so it will be simple do it right though

SLiDe_WaYz
10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
It's color coded do I basically cut one wire, and solder the same wire with the same color wire on the brown plug?

DS562
10-17-2011, 08:20 PM
here you are, good sir.

Yellow/Red –Tach
Yellow/Green–Speedometor
Orange–Ignition start
Black—Ground
Blue/Black—Water temp sensor

There will be some wires left over. These are for the SOHC’s diagnostic plug, and are unnecessary. Please note: Your car will NOT be able to hook up to a CONSULT tool.

2) Use a soldering iron to splice the wires together. It makes for a much cleaner job, and a cleaner electrical signal.

3) You need to swap out your tach if you want one that works. No wiring is involved, but it must be done. Simply pull your gauge cluster and remove the three screws behind the tach. Lift and separate. Replace.

source: KA24e to KA24de swap – Step-by-step (http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/ka24e-to-ka24de-swap-step-by-step.html)

SLiDe_WaYz
10-17-2011, 08:28 PM
LEGIT! I searched guess I didn't search hard enough. Thanks man!

Could I just put in a Dohc cluster and it work?

DS562
10-17-2011, 08:30 PM
yeah, the reason for the splicing is that the SOHC tach got signal from a different pin or something like that.

airman
10-18-2011, 06:43 AM
yeah, the reason for the splicing is that the SOHC tach got signal from a different pin or something like that.

SOHC tach won't work with the DOHC at all.

SLiDe_WaYz
10-18-2011, 10:19 AM
SOHC tach won't work with the DOHC at all.

So I basically just repin those wires and swap tach's from the sohc cluster to a Dohc one?

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't one of those wires work as the fuel pump? To prime the fuel pump when the ignition is turned on?

Sileighty_85
10-18-2011, 11:05 AM
SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html)

SLiDe_WaYz
10-18-2011, 05:57 PM
SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20 (http://www.frsport.com/SR20DET-Swap-Engine-Harness-Wiring-Diagram-Guide-SR-SR20_t_26.html)

That's simple, I was thinking I had to re pin all the damn wires

DS562
10-18-2011, 10:48 PM
wtf i couldve swore it said sohc TO dohc. i swear, im becoming dyslexic. my B.