PDA

View Full Version : Braided clear tubing?

StryfeS13
04-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Where are you guys finding this? I'm talking about the hose right near the front of the valve cover. In front of the upper timing cover.

Do they make it in 5/8"? I want it for my turbo drain..so I can see oil flowing.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f111/sarodger/TurboInstall2.jpg

StryfeS13
04-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Found it online right now after some searching. But don't really wanna order it online.

Anyone know if it is sold at Home Depot?

negrosx13
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Go to a lowes or home depo,its like $3~ at foot

ATLspeed
04-12-2011, 12:04 AM
sold at Lows, home depot, ace hardware
*lows is best of selections

after a while the clearness starts to turn brown in color from excessive heat/oil vapors

uperformance
04-12-2011, 05:20 AM
that stuff is like garden hose.. not the best for any fluid that can eat it.

cotbu
04-14-2011, 08:20 PM
I kind of disagree, as i have not found anything that destroys it right away.
That hose is pretty good for ATF, I accidentally spit my power steering fluid reservoir to pump line, and I had a few feet leftover from my catch can setup. I can say it has not leaked for a year. I've also used it in a pinch for a turbo oil drain, it gets to brittle to be called reliable there. You have to slice it to get it off. I also used it for gas, as an extension on my funnel, it's strong enough to hold the funnel upright.

Wake
04-14-2011, 08:27 PM
His point was that the fluids inside slowly corrode and eat away at the plastic on the inside of the line, which in turn deposits all those bits or plastic and what not into whatever system your using the hose for, whether its PS, Oil, or Gas.

R33E8
04-14-2011, 08:27 PM
That KA-T is embarrassing.

fliprayzin240sx
04-14-2011, 08:37 PM
I'd be more worried about it melting shut since its not designed to resist high temps. I've seen it shut on an SR before and caused the crank case pressure to build up.

Wake
04-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Yes another valid point.

Although I have found both high temp and high pressure of various sizes and resistant to all kinds of crazy ass chemicals. I found this after extensive hard searching.

I even found some big enough to be used for radiator hose, which i thought would be kinda cool.

Sileighty_85
04-14-2011, 09:48 PM
I'd be more worried about it melting shut since its not designed to resist high temps. I've seen it shut on an SR before and caused the crank case pressure to build up.

Yeah that shits garbage, Def dosent withstand heat at all, I had some on my RB and it actually had a hole melted through it.

silviaks2nr
04-14-2011, 10:22 PM
why anyone would want to copy any part of that setup is beyond me. It just looks horrible. use silicone heater hose for your oil drain if you're in a pinch. I don't know why there would be a need to see your return flowing if you have adequate oil pressure through the feed and the return is in the correct location and properly routed.

fliprayzin240sx
04-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Lets put it this way, that stupid hose is barely able to work as a line for a catch can. Slapping this to be your oil drain line would be one of the worst thing you can use this thing as. Hot ass turbo that can potentially hit 900 degrees with oil coming out of it that can potentially be 210 degrees out. Have fun when you're driving and it burst...you wont find out till you have a rod sticking out the side of your engine.

cotbu
04-14-2011, 11:46 PM
????????????????????????????

Wake
04-15-2011, 12:02 AM
wtf just happened?

s14tan
04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
wtf just happened?

I asked the same thing.

SIDENOTE: does anyone else notice that weird a$s exhaust manifold??

StryfeS13
04-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Wow haha.
That KA-T is not mine, it's some dudes from KA-T.org years ago. He did everything at home and he was aware that it looks like shit. The downpipe is shit, the manifold is shit, the lines are shit, etc.

I was just wondering if that clear tubing was good enough for oil/heat/etc. I am not trying to "copy" his setup, I just wanted some info about that clear tubing.

MADE
04-19-2011, 03:03 AM
If thats what you want to do ensure you get something that can withstand the temps and fluids its being used with. I used this for my swirl tanks it worked and cause me no problems.

Wake
04-19-2011, 03:20 AM
Like i said before, its out there on the net. You just have to search.