PDA

View Full Version : Formula D Firewall Modification.

NismoTuner21
03-13-2011, 10:56 PM
I am in the process of my 1JZ swap on my Z32, and the motor I purchased is a rear sump motor. If I go with the rear sump route, I'm going to have to set the motor back about 4.5-5 inches to clear the steering rack, meaning I have to modify the firewall. Z32's are front heavy to begin with, so I thought it would be cool to even out the weight ratio a bit. I will be able to keep my wipers and all of that as well. I will have to re-do my brake lines, which I already planned on redoing since I am deleting ABS. If I go front sump, I have to modify the crossmember, the car will be more front heavy, and there will be less room for the cooling setup. In doing the front sump setup, I will not have to modify the firewall.

So my main question is, are firewall modifications completely illegal? How do the BMI car and D-Macs Solstice pass tech, along with other cars I'm sure? And don't all of the guys running LSx motors in S-chassis have to modify the tranny tunnel/firewall?

I've heard firewall modification is illegal, so I'm looking for a solid answer on this. Thanks in advance!!

KA-T_240
03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
You can put a LSx into a 240 with out modifying the firewall/tranny tunnel. It depends on the install kit, or who makes the mounts.

Some might require you to hit some spots with a hammer.

90hatchie
03-14-2011, 01:33 AM
or ur can buy a front sump oil pan setup and not have to spend HOURS making a new firewall

PoorMans180SX
03-14-2011, 06:36 AM
Sell 1JZ, buy VH45.

Both problems solved.

ericcastro
03-14-2011, 06:53 AM
also, a Z32 is not gonna be Formula D competitive, so it doesnt matter.
Do what you want.

anton1o
03-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Best of luck with the Z32, they've never really been the most competitive vehicle in any of the country's people have tried to compete with them!

Not to sure on your question, maybe call somebody from FormulaD?

PoorMans180SX
03-14-2011, 07:24 AM
I think it's a bit unfair to say that the Z32 is an uncompetitive car, since there have been successful big cars in FD like Soarers, Supras, etc. It's really about the driver and the car setup.

alexanderig
03-14-2011, 07:40 AM
Do what you want.

See i don't remember him asking opinions on his choice of chasis

Csomme
03-14-2011, 08:28 AM
I am in the process of my 1JZ swap on my Z32, and the motor I purchased is a rear sump motor. If I go with the rear sump route, I'm going to have to set the motor back about 4.5-5 inches to clear the steering rack, meaning I have to modify the firewall. Z32's are front heavy to begin with, so I thought it would be cool to even out the weight ratio a bit. I will be able to keep my wipers and all of that as well. I will have to re-do my brake lines, which I already planned on redoing since I am deleting ABS. If I go front sump, I have to modify the crossmember, the car will be more front heavy, and there will be less room for the cooling setup. In doing the front sump setup, I will not have to modify the firewall.

So my main question is, are firewall modifications completely illegal? How do the BMI car and D-Macs Solstice pass tech, along with other cars I'm sure? And don't all of the guys running LSx motors in S-chassis have to modify the tranny tunnel/firewall?

I've heard firewall modification is illegal, so I'm looking for a solid answer on this. Thanks in advance!!

You cannot modify the firewall other than the tiny bit you can modify for the tranny tunnel.

Dmac's car still has an unmodified firewall. Always had, always will.

BURSTspeed
03-14-2011, 10:14 AM
I have a z32 that I drift on a basically stock setup. Its fine, but the stock steering angle doesn't let you hold that much of an angle during a drift. Thats one thing that ticks me off lol. I definitely say go for the z32 since no1 else is doing it. Sorry this was not related to your question lol.

UNITEDMASTER
03-14-2011, 12:57 PM
To the OP, Im in your build thread and when I saw that you wanted to cut the firewall ,I thought to myself dont do it. As for Formula D the mods you need to do will not pass!!!

I say front sump it just to get it done. But if your gonna cut it up then shoot for 50/50 or bust

To the other replies ,being competitive & wining are two different things, money and development can get you either .

NismoTuner21
03-14-2011, 04:25 PM
What makes you guys a Z32 can't be competitive? They're an already upgraded S-chassis. I get just as much angle as an s-chassis with knuckle mods, and 2+0 Z's have the wheelbase. I have absolutely no problem drifting my car.

To the OP, Im in your build thread and when I saw that you wanted to cut the firewall ,I thought to myself dont do it. As for Formula D the mods you need to do will not pass!!!

I say front sump it just to get it done. But if your gonna cut it up then shoot for 50/50 or bust

To the other replies ,being competitive & wining are two different things, money and development can get you either .

Cool, thanks for responding to my actual question, lol.

What makes you guys a Z32 can't be competitive?

RPSil13
03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
sell the rear sump to someone putting a jz into their supra/soarer and get a front sump,

supra/soarer people basicaly throw front sumps away, check supramania.com

NismoTuner21
03-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Well, I got the 2011 rulebook, guess I'll have to scrap this idea.

8.4 MODIFICATIONS OF THE STOCK, OEM FIREWALL AND TRANSMISSION TUNNEL ARE ALLOWED AS FOLLOWS:

Dimension A= Tunnel Width May be no wider than 18 inches

Dimension B= Minimum dimension of 10 inches between the bottom of the
windshield and the top of the transmission tunnel.

Dimension C: Modifications to drive shaft tunnels behind the engine firewall
vertical plane should not exceed an overall width of 10.000 inches.

Dimension D: Modifications to drive shaft tunnels behind the engine firewall
vertical plane should not exceed an overall width of 10.000 inches.

Taper Length from the firewall to the end of the transmission tunnel into the
beginning of the drive shaft hump may be no longer than 36 inches.

No part of the engine casing may cross the vertical threshold of the original
firewall into the transmission tunnel.

No other modifications may be made to the vehicle chassis, frame, or
unibody.

Any holes in the firewall must be of the minimum size for the passage of
controls and wires, and must be completely sealed to prevent the passage of
fluids or flames from the engine compartment to the cockpit.

ericcastro
03-14-2011, 09:30 PM
I think it's a bit unfair to say that the Z32 is an uncompetitive car, since there have been successful big cars in FD like Soarers, Supras, etc. It's really about the driver and the car setup.

But they dont have the hinderance of steering angle issues and weight/balance that he's about to run into.

See i don't remember him asking opinions on his choice of chasis
And I remember this being a forum.:duh:

"a public meeting or assembly for open discussion "

So you can gladly fuck off :rofl:
or get used to it :whip:

GT Motion
03-15-2011, 05:08 AM
Who cares what car it is, just go out and try. If you kill it, then you will be known as the guy who killed it in a z32, if you suck, then you can blame the car.

ericcastro
03-15-2011, 05:31 AM
Who cares what car it is, just go out and try. If you kill it, then you will be known as the guy who killed it in a z32, if you suck, then you can blame the car.

Anyone who builds a car to Formula D spec, and spend the money for it,(cage, fire system, seats, tech inspection), you want to make sure its gonna work ahead of time.

Thats who cares.

alexanderig
03-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Anyone who builds a car to Formula D spec, and spend the money for it,(cage, fire system, seats, tech inspection), you want to make sure its gonna work ahead of time.

Thats who cares.
not your money or your car so why get so upset over someone doing something different?

TTnickdizzle
03-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Well, I got the 2011 rulebook, guess I'll have to scrap this idea.

Thats really shitty, i bet it would have been nice to get some out the weight away from the front. But a bright side now the DP should be a lot easier to figure out now.

NismoTuner21
03-15-2011, 12:35 PM

Thats who cares.

It works.

I've done 90mph entries, technical tracks/layouts, get lots of angle, and the car has never had trouble keeping up or doing anything other cars could do, and this has all been on stock LSD. I never said I'm building a full professional FD car... I'm just checking on shit like this that would be permanent in case this chassis and I ever do make it to that level.

GT Motion
03-16-2011, 04:46 PM
It works.

I've done 90mph entries, technical tracks/layouts, get lots of angle, and the car has never had trouble keeping up or doing anything other cars could do, and this has all been on stock LSD. I never said I'm building a full professional FD car... I'm just checking on shit like this that would be permanent in case this chassis and I ever do make it to that level.

Does your car have all wheel steering?

Future_gohan
03-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Do what you want.

That's a such a dumb answer and is completely off topic.

I wouldn't cut the firewall, that's why i sold my ls1 so I didn't have to cut my firewall, I do agree with you on the weight balance issue, but the 1jz isn't that heavy of a motor, so moving it forward a tad won't hurt you that bad, I mean they don't cut the firewall for the rb's and they are about the same size.

ericcastro
03-16-2011, 06:23 PM
not your money or your car so why get so upset over someone doing something different?
who's upset??

It works.

I bet if you ever think of making that move, you will rebuild an entire new shell, and just transfer everything over that you need, and get rid of the rest.

Its a lot easier then trying to keep slimming a car down to race spec.
Plus, you can FULLY stitch weld it, paint the frame, tube the front of the frame out, put the cage in, loose ALOT of unnesesary wiring and any other little issues that always bothered you ;)

That's a such a dumb answer and is completely off topic.

I wouldn't think so.
Especially with other people voicing the same opinion.
Or should I say warning.
I would hate for this guy to make an awesome car, spend a lot of time and money, and realize to late that its just not a good platform to be competitive in FD drifting.

Now ASB, ECB and all that, please do, it would be awesome.

BTW, you trying to argue with me is off topic.
Considering i have been drifting longer then you have been driving, i may know a couple things you dont ;)

Future_gohan
03-16-2011, 07:12 PM
BTW, you trying to argue with me is off topic.
Considering i have been drifting longer then you have been driving, i may know a couple things you dont ;)[/QUOTE]

That's such a cool thing to know, thanks for letting me know.

Your comments were stupid because they're offtopic and were not needed. The z chassis is an amazing chassis in its self, and you shouldn't be talking down about it. I've driven and drifted plenty of 240's, and 300zx's. and I for one perfer a 300zx any day, but I don't have an opinion on that because you know, you've been doing it longer.

holemilk00
03-16-2011, 07:47 PM
The z chassis is an amazing chassis in its self, and you shouldn't be talking down about it. I've driven and drifted plenty of 240's, and 300zx's. and I for one perfer a 300zx any day, but I don't have an opinion on that because you know, you've been doing it longer.

He never said it was a bad chassis, he just said it doesn't do well as a drifting platform. I mean an international bus is a good chassis for what its meant for, but it doesn't make a good drift chassis. I for one have been walked by several z32's on a road course, because they make decent platforms for that. The original opinion was given to try to save the OP some money, since in the original post it seems that he is building a FD spec car. Usually there is a reason that no one has had success with a chassis that has been around for years. It's a bit different when its something new that no one has had the time to perfect yet. But you're talking about a car that is at least 16 years old. I think by now if someone was going to compete on a major level with this chassis, it would have happened already.

ericcastro
03-16-2011, 07:52 PM
^ thanks for summing it up.
Sometimes people need to hear it from others to actually intake the info ;)

ae80siq
03-16-2011, 09:32 PM
yaay for 1jz

delado
03-17-2011, 11:09 AM
What makes the FD Challenger any better than a z32?

holemilk00
03-17-2011, 11:45 AM
So you're saying a challenger and a z32 are the same chassis with different body work?

I'm going to start with wheel base, then move on to a turbo inline six vs a v8 with torque, not to mention weight, and a host of other things. They are different cars man. That's what makes them different. That's like saying what makes a 240 different from a ZO6.

Wake
03-17-2011, 12:32 PM
what makes a 240 with a lsx different than a zo6?

Same shit bro thats why people drift corvettes.

holemilk00
03-17-2011, 12:40 PM
exactly ^^Even a 240 with an LSx isn't a corvette, the geometry of the cars are different.

Hes making the statement that if the Challenger can be a drift car then so can a Z32 like they are the same car. What he doesn't realize is to a point, yes anything can be a drift car, it just takes enough money, look at the scion tc, but I would be willing to bet they passed the $100k mark without blinking an eye. Its sponsors money, if the OP has $100k to drop in this Z32, good for him, but I would hope he would be smarter with his money. Its easy to spend when its given to you from a sponsorship, its a little different when its your bank account.

ericcastro
03-17-2011, 02:43 PM
exactly ^^Even a 240 with an LSx isn't a corvette, the geometry of the cars are different.

Hes making the statement that if the Challenger can be a drift car then so can a Z32 like they are the same car. What he doesn't realize is to a point, yes anything can be a drift car, it just takes enough money, look at the scion tc, but I would be willing to bet they passed the $100k mark without blinking an eye. Its sponsors money, if the OP has $100k to drop in this Z32, good for him, but I would hope he would be smarter with his money. Its easy to spend when its given to you from a sponsorship, its a little different when its your bank account.

And I am sure a 100K went into the viper, and the Challenger,......
And they still make bad drift cars.

Some cars are better to drift Professionally, and thats just the reality.
A Z32 is in the ,"not a competitive" car catagory.

Also, this may have a V8, but its not a competitive Chassis either.
http://drift.gr/news/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/camaro210607.jpg

Some cars are just not for professional level racing.

NismoTuner21
03-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Some cars are just not for professional level drift racing.

Fixed =p

I've slid a few pretty well setup s-chassis, and they're soooo easy to drift since they're so nimble. But I feel like I get better speeds in my car, and although it's heavier, it's very easy to control as well. Also, in full lock with the double wishbone setup, the front of the car feels more planted than with the McPherson setup. We'll just have to see how the car does in serious competition if it makes it there I guess.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-20-2011, 12:52 PM
So you're saying a challenger and a z32 are the same chassis with different body work?

I'm going to start with wheel base, then move on to a turbo inline six vs a v8 with torque, not to mention weight, and a host of other things. They are different cars man. That's what makes them different. That's like saying what makes a 240 different from a ZO6.

So a turbo Inline six doesn't have torque? I love how all of a sudden the only thing In this world that has torque are Ls engines! whoooooopty doooooo! Go look at some drag racing, 4 cylinders are knockin on v8s doors In the 5 second range! They have already blown through 7 second and 8 seconds and 9 seconds. V8s are not the sauce,. Op dont listen to anyone who says oh just put a ls engine. Stick with what u want! Go turbo 6 cylinder! screw v8's!

Good luck with your z! sucks to hear that u couldn't make the fire wall mods and move the engine back to get some weight balance outa the z!

codyace
03-20-2011, 07:39 PM
So a turbo Inline six doesn't have torque? I love how all of a sudden the only thing In this world that has torque are Ls engines! whoooooopty doooooo! Go look at some drag racing, 4 cylinders are knockin on v8s doors In the 5 second range! They have already blown through 7 second and 8 seconds and 9 seconds. V8s are not the sauce,. Op dont listen to anyone who says oh just put a ls engine. Stick with what u want! Go turbo 6 cylinder! screw v8's!

You show be a reliable (posssible) 5 seocnd 4 cyl turbo car, and I'll take you out to dinner. That is prostock range. Heck for a door slammer v8 turbo/blower car making huge hp, 6/7 second passes are hard to come by.

Turst me, I'm not saying it's impossible...but I did see pigs flying. today.

Just because you've got some oddball hate with performance, doesn't mean you should dismiss it.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
You show be a reliable (posssible) 5 seocnd 4 cyl turbo car, and I'll take you out to dinner. That is prostock range. Heck for a door slammer v8 turbo/blower car making huge hp, 6/7 second passes are hard to come by.

Turst me, I'm not saying it's impossible...but I did see pigs flying. today.

Just because you've got some oddball hate with performance, doesn't mean you should dismiss it.

Well there are a few evos in 7 range, look up apc evo 3. Sheppard dsm eclipse runs 7s. There is a eclpise that runs 6s,there's a couple 1.3 rotarys in the 6s. Number of supras run 7s. Look it up on youtube. There's alot of cars. Countless evos in 8 seconds with full street trim.

Wake
03-20-2011, 09:20 PM
how do your words taste?

you said and I quote In the 5 second range. I dont even see the number 5 in your last post.

I dislike V8 swaps too but your not making a very good argument.

Pure_JDM
03-20-2011, 09:33 PM
how do your words taste?

my thoughts exactly...

This thread should be locked down like the rest of em. the OP answered his own question by getting a hold of the damn rules, which he should have searched for in the first place, rather than starting this fail of a thread.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 12:18 AM
how do your words taste?

you said and I quote I dont even see the number 5 in your last post.

I dislike V8 swaps too but your not making a very good argument.

They taste good! I said knocking on the v8 5 second range.. Meaning the v8s that are running 5s , their door Is getting knocked on. they haven't opened It yet but Its getting knocked on. Nice way to make a point!

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 12:24 AM
my thoughts exactly...

This thread should be locked down like the rest of em. the OP answered his own question by getting a hold of the damn rules, which he should have searched for in the first place, rather than starting this fail of a thread.

Oh wow you look cool! You said fail of a thread! Nice!

Toi
03-21-2011, 06:33 AM
The difference between a 6.9 and 6.5 happens to be insane when you are talking drag racing. You really should shut up!

Darren
03-21-2011, 07:59 AM
On Topic:

OP: good luck man, strive to be different, no matter what the retarded peanut gallery says.

I agree with the guy that said you'd probably want to build a new chassis if you went FD, so build your car now the way you want to see it, and then build a FD car to FD spec when you get there.

<3 Zilvia

NismoTuner21
03-21-2011, 09:06 AM

Good luck with your z! sucks to hear that u couldn't make the fire wall mods and move the engine back to get some weight balance outa the z!

Thanks.

I made 360whp and 353tq at 4k rpm on a mustang dyno with a stock TT VG, 2.5 in. exhaust, 17psi, and a tune. My co-worker/tuner has an LS2 FD, I fucking love the car, but he got graped in every race we tried.

On Topic:

OP: good luck man, strive to be different, no matter what the retarded peanut gallery says.

I agree with the guy that said you'd probably want to build a new chassis if you went FD, so build your car now the way you want to see it, and then build a FD car to FD spec when you get there.

<3 Zilvia

Thanks dude, but I'm still not understanding how the Z is uncompetitive. No one has given a valid point.

word sux
03-21-2011, 09:26 AM
don't listen to the haters man. I doubt any of these guys have ever drifted a z32 they are just regurgitating things that they have heard. That how all these forums are though.

I have never tried to drift a z32 myself but if you have and you like it then more power to ya!

ericcastro
03-21-2011, 09:36 AM
I agree with the guy that said you'd probably want to build a new chassis if you went FD,

That was me

I doubt any of these guys have ever drifted a z32......
and yes i have.

What the heck are you guys arguing about now?
V8's again??

Jeez, when are the fanboi's gonna realize it just makes sense.
Unless you want to spend 200K on your drift car like Kumokuba

Stop the hate, go V8 !!

PoorMans180SX
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Bro, the LSx series are the best engines ever built. They're all reliable, and performancey, and torquey and stuffs man. Every car maker in the world should just quit making other engines, we already have the pinnacle of engines in our hands.

But for serious:

I'd just like to say.

LSx's belong in the cars they were built for. Chevrolet's.

You should just put a VG33ET in your Z. Or a VH45 like I said before. IMO.

kthxbye.

word sux
03-21-2011, 10:20 AM
does anyone else realize that the lsx is a different linup then the ls motors???

sorry, but i had to be that guy.

PoorMans180SX
03-21-2011, 11:22 AM
does anyone else realize that the lsx is a different linup then the ls motors???

sorry, but i had to be that guy.

You realize that the X stands for any of the numbers you can put in there right? There is no such thing as an LSX. The only LS engine that has a letter is the LSA.

word sux
03-21-2011, 11:37 AM
You realize that the X stands for any of the numbers you can put in there right? There is no such thing as an LSX. The only LS engine that has a letter is the LSA.

wrong there is a series called the LSX. Its a GM Crate motor for racing only. There is an LSX 383 and an LSX 454.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sqs6qAqgaM

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sqs6qAqgaM)http://www.zorly.com/images_camaro/other/LSX%20454%20Crate%20Engine.jpg

ThatGuy
03-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Those are indeed two "LSX" engines.

However, LS"X" can also be used to denote the entire line of the LS family of engines.

LS1
LS2
LS3
LS4
LS6
LS7
LS7.R
LS9
LSA

As well as the Vortec engines found in GM Trucks and SUVs.

LR4
L33
LM7
LM4
L59
LQ4
LQ9
LY2
LH6
LY5
LMG
LC9
LH8
L76
LY6
LFA
L92

They are all LS based engines and thus referred to as LSx by builders. Since once you interchange blocks, cranks, heads, etc, it no longer falls into one single engine name.

Technically, you are both right, and it's not worth arguing over on a Nissan Forum.

Have a nice day.

PoorMans180SX
03-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Technically, you are both right, and it's not worth arguing over on a Nissan Forum.

Have a nice day.

Point taken. Sorry for the thread jack NismoTuner21.

holemilk00
03-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I made 360whp and 353tq at 4k rpm on a mustang dyno with a stock TT VG, 2.5 in. exhaust, 17psi, and a tune. My co-worker/tuner has an LS2 FD, I fucking love the car, but he got graped in every race we tried.

Your co-worker/tuner can't drive for shit then. Sorry man, I LOVE Z32's and would really like to have one down the road. But if you put down 360/353 you should have gotten raped by a LS2 FD.

codyace
03-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Well there are a few evos in 7 range, look up apc evo 3. Sheppard dsm eclipse runs 7s. There is a eclpise that runs 6s,there's a couple 1.3 rotarys in the 6s. Number of supras run 7s. Look it up on youtube. There's alot of cars. Countless evos in 8 seconds with full street trim.

YOu don't know much about drag rcing if you consider the second difference in 7 and 8 second cars 'knocking' on the doors...that's a LIFETIME of difference at that power level.

7 Second streetable Evo? LAUGHABLE. Streetable to me is hop and drive, not make a bullshit youtube video going to Wendy's.

6 Second 1.3 Rotaries that last 6 passes without exploding in their fiberglass bodied drag cars? and being pushed out of the brunout box...Not impressive

There is a HUGE difference in reliable streetable power...I have good friends with 9 second street cars that I've helped put together and build...and let me tell you, they are on the fine line of things in regard to driveable IMO.

In the end of the day, I like all things fast...I could care less abotu brand loyalty, or powerplant...but to say things like 'oh look this race car ran 7's on a 4g63 they all can area are awesome' is a unfair (silly) point of reference....as a 7 second V8 car is not streetable at all aside from a few fun miles....and the ones that are 'streetable' cost more than a house.

Sorry for the threadjack, but I can't stand people are opinionated without an ounce of experience (youtube videos do not count) regarding single digit cars.

Magical Trevor
03-21-2011, 03:39 PM

Homie, even if the LS2 was stock, and it's not because it has bolt ons because of the swap. You wouldn't even come CLOSE to raping him. On top of that, the power to weight ratio of the FD vs your Z32 wouldn't even be close. Oh, and don't say because your 1JZ had more top end than the LS2, because the top end of an LSX laughs at 90% of turbo engines.

Magical Trevor
03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Just reading through this thread.... It's pointless.... Build your car, go and compete... go home and realize that the Z32 isn't the BEST choice for drifting... but you gave it a shot anyways.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 04:09 PM
YOu don't know much about drag rcing if you consider the second difference in 7 and 8 second cars 'knocking' on the doors...that's a LIFETIME of difference at that power level.

7 Second streetable Evo? LAUGHABLE. Streetable to me is hop and drive, not make a bullshit youtube video going to Wendy's.

6 Second 1.3 Rotaries that last 6 passes without exploding in their fiberglass bodied drag cars? and being pushed out of the brunout box...Not impressive

There is a HUGE difference in reliable streetable power...I have good friends with 9 second street cars that I've helped put together and build...and let me tell you, they are on the fine line of things in regard to driveable IMO.

In the end of the day, I like all things fast...I could care less abotu brand loyalty, or powerplant...but to say things like 'oh look this race car ran 7's on a 4g63 they all can area are awesome' is a unfair (silly) point of reference....as a 7 second V8 car is not streetable at all aside from a few fun miles....and the ones that are 'streetable' cost more than a house.

Sorry for the threadjack, but I can't stand people are opinionated without an ounce of experience (youtube videos do not count) regarding single digit cars.

All I'm saying is V8s are not the god engine on this earth there are other engine yes little 4 cylinders that can do the same thing as a v8. V8s are not the best engine In the world. If everyone wanted to be the same why dont we all just drive around 9 second novas all day long. Its cheap and easy. Why do u want to be the same? Its boring!

Homie, even if the LS2 was stock, and it's not because it has bolt ons because of the swap. You wouldn't even come CLOSE to raping him. On top of that, the power to weight ratio of the FD vs your Z32 wouldn't even be close. Oh, and don't say because your 1JZ had more top end than the LS2, because the top end of an LSX laughs at 90% of turbo engines.

Have u ever raced any ls cars? I have! My little 430awhp evo beat countless z06,camaros with ls swaps. Ls engines are not god they have been beaten countless times as any other engine has.

I can make my point but most everyone will bitch out, ANYONE with an ls swapped 240sx that thinks they are god pm me bring that shit out and well see what happens. Don't worry well do all of this In "mexico" or we can simply go to the track if ud like! Famoso speed way, Or weak Irwindale. Which ever ud like

holemilk00
03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Damn I wish you lived closer.

Wake
03-21-2011, 04:23 PM
your a funny funny guy.
All anyone asked for was proof and you turn into a 'net thug calling people out.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
your a funny funny guy.
All anyone asked for was proof and you turn into a 'net thug calling people out.

How Is asking people to come proove their v8 cars at the track a net thug? Im not getting violent nothing. Simply asked and thats a net thug. I can go to the car meets and hand out formal Invitations If Ud like. Im simply asking to show me why v8s are the greatest

DRFTWHORE
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
your a funny funny guy.

^^lmao net thug, relax no one is gang bangin in the thread

How Is asking people to come proove their v8 cars at the track a net thug? Im not getting violent nothing. Simply asked and thats a net thug. I can go to the car meets and hand out formal Invitations If Ud like. Im simply asking to show me why v8s are the greatest

^^ me and this guy have been building street cars that will tear the panties off your momma for years, so before you get your panties in a bunch and call people net thugs, bring your high horsepower lsx swapped imports and lets have some 1/4 mile fun

Wake
03-21-2011, 04:43 PM
NOBODY SAID V8's ARE GREATEST.

They said a Z32 chassis isnt competitive at a professional level, and if you wanted to try and be competitive then the EASIEST option is a v8 swap. Since you would be starting with a non-competitive chassis.

Read the fucking thread broski.

and to the jackass that just posted....
I dont give a fuck what you do with people mommas panties thats your biz. aside from that I openly said I dont like v8 swaps. I called him a net thug cuz he started calling people out and doggin tracks like he owns em.

Being hard on a computer is easy and thus = net thug to me.

and once again just to be clear, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT Z32 CHASSIS MODS NOT ENGINES I DONT OWN A V8, AND WILL NEVER SWAP ONE IN.
Im actually one of the people that bitch about everyone going V8 so once again stop calling people out over the internet.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 04:51 PM
NOBODY SAID V8's ARE GREATEST.

They said a Z32 chassis isnt competitive at a professional level, and if you wanted to try and be competitive then the EASIEST option is a v8 swap. Since you would be starting with a non-competitive chassis.

Read the fucking thread broski.

and to the jackass that just posted....
I dont give a fuck what you do with people mommas panties thats your biz. aside from that I openly said I dont like v8 swaps. I called him a net thug cuz he started calling people out and doggin tracks like he owns em.

Being hard on a computer is easy and thus = net thug to me.

and once again just to be clear, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT Z32 CHASSIS MODS NOT ENGINES I DONT OWN A V8, AND WILL NEVER SWAP ONE IN.
Im actually one of the people that bitch about everyone going V8 so once again stop calling people out over the internet.

I simply said those are tracks that we can go to and make our points. How am I calling them like I own them? I'm not being hard over a computer, I'll tell any one of u the same thing In person. I can go call anyone on zilvia out In person the same way I am On the Internet. Not being violent or anything. Of course most of you are gonna take this as Net thug or Internet banging or whatever you say.

Wake
03-21-2011, 04:58 PM
your taking shit out of context, just like all the rest of your posts in this thread.

and Im over continuing this as it no longer has anything to do with the OPs post.

DRFTWHORE
03-21-2011, 05:08 PM
im glad we agree that v8 is not the answer to being fast or being on a competitive level but nobody was being hard on the computer just trying to prove a point, and im calling out all the cocky kids that think theyre golden with the lsx engine, i like to prove people wrong, that is all

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
This Is big bad Zilvia Trese gang ese! puro 13 homes! Net banging all day, They call me baby snapper foo. I be typing with mad glocks on my lap ese, shooting at counter terroists on counter strike all day homes.

I Drive an MS13

Wake
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
HAHA i always thought it was funny that i drive an MS13 also

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 05:28 PM
HAHA i always thought it was funny that i drive an MS13 also

Lol:keke::keke:

Wake
03-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I have had MS13 attempt to jump me a couple times, kinda ironic.

Flamed from head to laces.

codyace
03-21-2011, 09:52 PM
im glad we agree that v8 is not the answer to being fast or being on a competitive level but nobody was being hard on the computer just trying to prove a point, and im calling out all the cocky kids that think theyre golden with the lsx engine, i like to prove people wrong, that is all

There is a reason people have been shoving SBC's into everything under the son since the 1950's...if they weren't the best overall setup (90% of the time) people wouldn't follow them.

Cubes, light, easy, cheap, reliable...those things help any engine remain popular for years...it will be funny to think in 10 years when drifting is dead, and SR20's are all but bought up, that people will still be swapping SBC's and LSX into things, loving their ease of power. Is it the end all engine? Not at all...should it be in everything? Not at all. BUT you'd be hardpressed to show a decent RWD chassis that wouldn't do well (in any form of racing or drifting) with a modern GM LSX under the hood of it. In fact, this side of the limit of traction/price that any car would perform worse with a v8...

And trust me, pretending to be Billy Badass on the internet doesn't impress me. I never claimed to be the know all, but your boy RBChuckiGuy certainly made a claim that anyone with half a brain knew was false/impossible. Perhaps you guys could spend less time building panty twisters and learn that bullshitting people over the internet in an attempt to impress them only makes you look worse off from the start. I'm more an hands on/real life guy, than 'watching youtube videos' to gain experience. 'Just saying'.

NismoTuner21
03-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Your co-worker/tuner can't drive for shit then. Sorry man, I LOVE Z32's and would really like to have one down the road. But if you put down 360/353 you should have gotten raped by a LS2 FD.

He's actually kind of an awesome driver. I mean, you kinda have to be to do what he does.

This was with the VG, not the 1J. My car is also a bit lighter than the average Z32. By raped I meant like a car, lol. Guess it sounds a little exaggerated online. We both needed more traction though, so who knows?

His car.

YouTube - RX7 LS2 V8 conversion (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeWXf7T79qw&feature=related)

I also beat a modded C5 vette, I'll upload vids. He missed in the first video, then I missed third in the second one so I just quit, lol. Of course the clean run wasn't on video -_______- Also, I had a passenger and two drift spares in the back... Soooo yeah, there's proof.

YouTube - Z32 vs. Corvette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hp8MpHOcgg)
YouTube - Z32 vs. C5 Corvette (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It1VBSCpJVQ)

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-21-2011, 11:05 PM
There is a reason people have been shoving SBC's into everything under the son since the 1950's...if they weren't the best overall setup (90% of the time) people wouldn't follow them.

Cubes, light, easy, cheap, reliable...those things help any engine remain popular for years...it will be funny to think in 10 years when drifting is dead, and SR20's are all but bought up, that people will still be swapping SBC's and LSX into things, loving their ease of power. Is it the end all engine? Not at all...should it be in everything? Not at all. BUT you'd be hardpressed to show a decent RWD chassis that wouldn't do well (in any form of racing or drifting) with a modern GM LSX under the hood of it. In fact, this side of the limit of traction/price that any car would perform worse with a v8...

And trust me, pretending to be Billy Badass on the internet doesn't impress me. I never claimed to be the know all, but your boy RBChuckiGuy certainly made a claim that anyone with half a brain knew was false/impossible. Perhaps you guys could spend less time building panty twisters and learn that bullshitting people over the internet in an attempt to impress them only makes you look worse off from the start. I'm more an hands on/real life guy, than 'watching youtube videos' to gain experience. 'Just saying'.

So your also acting like a billy badass over the internet correct? Your saying all these things also over the internet

Im also a hands on gguy, what makes u think im not? Ive worked on every single car I've ever owned, my dad and uncles have been racing since before j was born. My uncle has held many vw bug drag records and my moms current bf dominator engineering hold records to this day.

DRFTWHORE
03-22-2011, 12:23 PM

no one is trying to impress anyone u dumbass, your more of a hands on guy and a real life guy huh? he said youtube videos to prove a point cuz half you idiots talk out your ass and wouldn't come and prove it in real life, and watching youtube videos to gain experience? how dumb are you, i own a shop, i work on cars everyday, so stop trying to be a smartass and shut the fuck up.

Wake
03-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I just realized that your screenname is drftwhore, but your sig says honda ftw.
That kind of shit confuses me, and makes you lose credibility in my eyes.

So how about you stfu or go back to whatever honda forum you started on.

Oh wait dont tell me, you have a sr20'd, s2000, formula D spec, car that you built just for the street right?

DRFTWHORE
03-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I just realized that your screenname is drftwhore, but your sig says honda ftw.
That kind of shit confuses me, and makes you lose credibility in my eyes.

So how about you stfu or go back to whatever honda forum you started on.

Oh wait dont tell me, you have a sr20'd, s2000, formula D spec, car that you built just for the street right?

honda ftw cuz i daily drive a honda, and is the best car ive owned cuz of its reliablilty, and i dont care about credibility this is a 240 forum, nobody started on a honda forum you dumb idiot, seriously some dumbass idiots on this forum

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-22-2011, 01:23 PM
I feel the tension building up in this joint... woosaah..goosfraba goosfraba...breath in....breath out... lol.

holemilk00
03-22-2011, 01:38 PM
A 22 year old shop owner? You're living the dream man. Very accomplished for your age.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-22-2011, 01:59 PM
A 22 year old shop owner? You're living the dream man. Very accomplished for your age.

Do u seriously have all the cars in your sig? That's freakin awesome if u do! Seriously!

Magical Trevor
03-22-2011, 02:26 PM
no one is trying to impress anyone u dumbass, your more of a hands on guy and a real life guy huh? he said youtube videos to prove a point cuz half you idiots talk out your ass and wouldn't come and prove it in real life, and watching youtube videos to gain experience? how dumb are you, i own a shop, i work on cars everyday, so stop trying to be a smartass and shut the fuck up.I own a shop too, and work on cars everyday. And I build flying cars and I build houses under water and I have patents in 15 different countries.

No one cares if you work on cars or own a shop homie, it's the intrawebz. No one is going to go out of their way to tickle your dick over an argument on a forum. No one gives a shit on Zilvia if you have a 1000whp drift missile super JDM S13.

This thread is fucking E-thug and Bench racing at its finest. BTW when I was 22 I had an LSX powered car that would eat anything in your "shop" for lunch, shit it out and then wipe the floor clean with your buddy's evo...... fucking squeaky clean.

LSX FOR LIFE!!! IT'S THE BEST ENGINE EVARRRRRR

lock this thread plz

Magical Trevor
03-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Do u seriously have all the cars in your sig? That's freakin awesome if u do! Seriously!
Yeah he does, I have pics for proof. Along with an FC RX-7 and my S13 and my S14 (which is for sale) at his garage.

Wake
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
honda ftw cuz i daily drive a honda, and is the best car ive owned cuz of its reliablilty, and i dont care about credibility this is a 240 forum, nobody started on a honda forum you dumb idiot, seriously some dumbass idiots on this forum

You daily drive on of the most despised thing on this forum. yet you choose to rep it here? and expect not to get called on it?

BTW you do know that "dumb" and "idiot" are essentially the same thing?
I mean resorting to childish name calling is one thing, but being completely redundant while trying to insult somebody is just retarded.

re·dun·dant
[ri-duhn-duhnt]
1.characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas; prolix: a redundant style.

DRFTWHORE
03-22-2011, 03:03 PM

yes i am a 22 year old business owner.

I own a shop too, and work on cars everyday. And I build flying cars and I build houses under water and I have patents in 15 different countries.

No one cares if you work on cars or own a shop homie, it's the intrawebz. No one is going to go out of their way to tickle your dick over an argument on a forum. No one gives a shit on Zilvia if you have a 1000whp drift missile super JDM S13.

This thread is fucking E-thug and Bench racing at its finest. BTW when I was 22 I had an LSX powered car that would eat anything in your "shop" for lunch, shit it out and then wipe the floor clean with your buddy's evo...... fucking squeaky clean.

lock this thread plz

im happy that you have so much passion for your lsx engines.

You daily drive on of the most despised thing on this forum. yet you choose to rep it here? and expect not to get called on it?

BTW you do know that "dumb" and "idiot" are essentially the same thing?
I mean resorting to childish name calling is one thing, but being completely redundant while trying to insult somebody is just retarded.

re·dun·dant
[ri-duhn-duhnt]
1.characterized by verbosity or unnecessary repetition in expressing ideas; prolix: a redundant style.

yes i daily i FWD honda, and you think i care what a bunch of retards on zilvia think about honda's, dont be a follower. and yes i know dumb and idiot are the same thing but your so stupid i needed both to describe you. im done with this thread.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
I own a shop too, and work on cars everyday. And I build flying cars and I build houses under water and I have patents in 15 different countries.

lock this thread plz

I already told all u guys ese! Zilvia trese gang! This is internet baning at its finest homie slice dog.

SKINNY D
03-22-2011, 03:09 PM
HEY SAL!!!!

as far as i know you cannot modify the crossmember either!

look into it but im not sure matt's car is legal due to the way his 2j is mounted. i will find the rules and let you know.

FIRST POST BTW!

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah he does, I have pics for proof. Along with an FC RX-7 and my S13 and my S14 (which is for sale) at his garage.

I to have owned many cars, 4 fc rx7 8 240sx. Evo 8 lsx killer. 240sx hks exhaust pipe, kouki body kit hid headlights. Lol gay ass rap 240 song

Wake
03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
yes i daily i FWD honda, and you think i care what a bunch of retards on zilvia think about honda's, dont be a follower. and yes i know dumb and idiot are the same thing but your so stupid i needed both to describe you. im done with this thread.

YES, yes i do think you care what a bunch of people on zilvia think. otherwise why would you and your buddy here be talking about everything you have, and have done, and peoples "mommas panties getting twisted"?
I was literally working on hondas when you were 7 years old, stop making assumptions.

Realize that you are contradicting your earlier points of telling everyone what you have and what you do by saying you dont care now. Im so stupid you needed to describe both "stupid" and "idiot"? I dont see a description of either. All i see is a double negative, some bad grammar, and a good example of how shitty the American school standards are.

Way to be a poster child for illiteracy.

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-22-2011, 03:18 PM
Just so u guys know, u say were just talking over the internet and blah blah. Correct me if im wrong aren't u doing the same exact thing? Idk im just saying unless u have magic and aren't posting all what your saying over the internet. U say this,we say that. Its all internet. Then when we try to say ok let's see who can build better cars and take them to the track. U guys say,omg internet thug. Ethug he net baning. even if we went up and asked u in person in the nicest way possible you would just be like ohh no he gangbanging on me! Real life thug! In person thuggin

SKINNY D
03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
...good example of how shitty the American school standards are.

Hey now the education standards in Florida are pretty good. Or maybe it was the way i was raised... lol

Poor Sal just asking a simple question about firewall/crossmember modifications. Im reading the rules now man, if matt's mounts aren't legal then i will have to make different mounts with roy. Just putting this out there (Sal does awesome work in his Z32)

JUST PULLED THIS FROM 2010 RULES

8.3.4 Front cross member and/or front or rear sub-frame
Front and rear sub-frames and cross members must be stock and
available on the exact model that is competing in Formula Drift. The
subframe must also be mounted in the exact stock location, without
being moved in any plane.
Front subframes may only be modified to directly allow for oilpan /
starter clearance and steering rack relocation. The front subframe must
retain intact on at least one major member on one face that spans the
entire width of the subframe, thereby keeping the original dimensions of
the subframe intact. Any other modifications, cutting, welding,
strengthening, etc is not allowed.
Rear subframes may only be modified to allow for mounting or
relocating a differential. The rear subframe must retain at least one
major member that spans the entire width of the subframe, thereby
keeping the original dimensions of the subframe intact. Any other
modifications, cutting, welding, strengthening, etc is not allowed.

i think your good. if its just for oil pan clearance

rb25_s13*CHUKI
03-22-2011, 03:29 PM
Exit,bump,oneway,sllow, budweiser shootout

ericcastro
03-22-2011, 06:31 PM
Ummmm, when i was 22 I owned a Fiero for a couple months till it threw a rod :)
I didnt own anything but a skateboard, boom box, and a bit of over nights in the grey bar hotel

NismoTuner21
03-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Lol, so much BS in this thread, I've just skipped all of it.

Hey now the education standards in Florida are pretty good. Or maybe it was the way i was raised... lol

Poor Sal just asking a simple question about firewall/crossmember modifications. Im reading the rules now man, if matt's mounts aren't legal then i will have to make different mounts with roy. Just putting this out there (Sal does awesome work in his Z32)

JUST PULLED THIS FROM 2010 RULES

8.3.4 Front cross member and/or front or rear sub-frame
Front and rear sub-frames and cross members must be stock and
available on the exact model that is competing in Formula Drift. The
subframe must also be mounted in the exact stock location, without
being moved in any plane.
Front subframes may only be modified to directly allow for oilpan /
starter clearance and steering rack relocation. The front subframe must
retain intact on at least one major member on one face that spans the
entire width of the subframe, thereby keeping the original dimensions of
the subframe intact. Any other modifications, cutting, welding,
strengthening, etc is not allowed.
Rear subframes may only be modified to allow for mounting or
relocating a differential. The rear subframe must retain at least one
major member that spans the entire width of the subframe, thereby
keeping the original dimensions of the subframe intact. Any other
modifications, cutting, welding, strengthening, etc is not allowed.

i think your good. if its just for oil pan clearance

Yeah it says pretty much the same in the 2011 rules, so I'll be ok. Why would Matt's mounts not be legal?

UNITEDMASTER
03-23-2011, 05:26 PM
PLease people can we get on topic,or just shut it down.

Please ,lets try and keep this tit for tat bullshit out of the MOTORSPORTS zone

SKINNY D
03-23-2011, 09:57 PM
thats good, but sal im not sure but i think he welded the mount to the subframe... im not too sure you can do that. matt tells me it should be ok.