PDA

View Full Version : Wire tuck question about fuse types

240Zfunahollic
10-25-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm in the middle of the initial tear down and planning process on my wire tuck in my s13. My question is about the 5 fusible links that Nissan uses instead of standard blade fuses. Why did Nissan use these and do the serve a different purpose than a blade fuse? I am tucking the harness under the dash. My plan is to use in-line blade fuse holders to save as much room as possible and because they wont limit my routing/mounting. So ultimately my question is can i use a blade fuse in place of the FL's?

Nismo180
10-25-2010, 09:47 PM
Got a picture available of what you are referring to specifically? Even better a wiring diagram? All I can recall off the top of my head are blade type fuses and relays.

Shot in the dark answer: If the "fusible links" you are referring to only have one wire going in and out you'll probably be okay as long as the fuses have the same rating as what you are throwing out.

240Zfunahollic
10-25-2010, 10:20 PM
no pictures off hand. my car is at a friends house so ill have to get there to take a picture. and i had your thoughts on keeping the amperage rating the same and using a blade fuse.

WangonwWarrior
10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
Once you take them out of the plastic holder they do not take up much room.