PDA

View Full Version : Help SR20DET Tach Does Not Work

MyblackS13
10-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Ok, Here it goes. I have an 89' 240SX with a Ret Top SR20DET installed and everything works but the tach. I have tried two different clusters one from a KA24DE and one from a SR20DET and neither worked. I have checked continuity in the yellow/red stripe wire and its good. I tried an aftermarket defi tach with no results (didn't really like the giant ricer tach on my dash anyways). I sent ECU back to Jim Wolfe to have them check the tach circuit they claim it is good. I have checked voltage on my tach wire and only saw milivolts if anything and directly compared it with a friend's SR swapped 240 and saw some voltage coming though his. So in other words I have tried every thing I can think of. Any help would be appreciated.

MyblackS13
10-19-2010, 09:04 AM
No one has any ideas?

I'm dying for some help on this one, I'm replacing my old cracked dash this week and would love to get this taken care of while I have access to all of the wires.

Here are some of my ideas, anyone out there correct me on the bad ideas please.

1. Jumper the 180 CAS signal to the tach signal. I've read this works, but I don't want to risk my ecu or cas if it doesn't.

2. Test the tach itself with a multimeter. Where should I be looking for continuity, resistance, no continuity?

3. I currently have a KA24DE tach in the original KA24E housing. Would that cause any problems.

Mostly looking for answers from people with firsthand experience. Someone has to know this.

Thanks