PDA

View Full Version : choosing Powered By MAX or SPL!!!

syline13
10-13-2009, 10:47 PM
What do you guys think for Multilink Suspension? Which one will be great for s13 ......Powered By MAX or SPL................. please suggest me............its mostly daily drive n sometimes for drift fun......any other reasonable brand?

ManoNegra
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
SPL, been around for quite a while and hands down
some of the best customer service in the industry
plus, they're in Texas aswell

^fraktal^
10-13-2009, 11:12 PM
i have every pbm arm on my car right now. i got a good deal on them all and they work.

if i had that money back today i would have went out and spent the extra on spl.

FaLKoN240
10-13-2009, 11:15 PM
If you have the little bit extra, go all the way and get SPL, PBM I'd say is next up the list.

Only reason I say SPL is better is because Kuah when he develops new upgraded parts and starts selling them he let's you pay a small amount to get the upgraded part.

PBM doesn't do that.

om3ga
10-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I use a mixture of arms, Megan rucas, pbm toe and traction links. Tein tension rods. My cars just a Mutt of brands.

Flipzide
10-13-2009, 11:37 PM
im down with Parts Shop MAX 100%.

their parts are beefy, welds are excellent, and a lot of their stuff is made in house.
also, the parts are developed mainly for low cars and drifting and the parts reflect towards the needs of most drifters...

customer service is excellent as well. i've never had problems with dan, dave, or martin when i visit their shop.

nothing bad against SPL either though; i use their brake lines. both are very good brands. go with whatever is in your budget...

C-unit
10-13-2009, 11:52 PM
Just spend the extra money with SPL arms.

jr_ss
10-14-2009, 05:54 AM
There is a review on the SPL arms on www.motoiq.com (http://www.motoiq.com), check it out.

ob1silvia
10-15-2009, 01:31 PM
power by max sucks balls. I had bad experience with this company. took them forever to ship some lugnuts that were missing from my order called them left messages finnally after 2 weeks dan sent them. I would never order from them again then he got an attitude when I said I would tell everyone what poor service I recieved.

nathanong87
10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
What do you guys think for Multilink Suspension? Which one will be great for s13 ......Powered By MAX or SPL................. please suggest me............its mostly daily drive n sometimes for drift fun......any other reasonable brand?

SPL are the best quality imho. but that hasn't stopped me from buying PBM RUCAS. neither has let me down yet.

JayDee M Rolly
10-15-2009, 01:48 PM
power by max sucks balls. I had bad experience with this company. took them forever to ship some lugnuts that were missing from my order called them left messages finnally after 2 weeks dan sent them. I would never order from them again then he got an attitude when I said I would tell everyone what poor service I recieved.
are you the same dumbass that made a thread about this because they where closed?

ob1silvia
10-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Yes that was me j dick just givin my thoughts about pbm you actin like you suckin there's wow it's cool .

Touge Noob S13
10-16-2009, 09:34 PM
I have SPL tie rod ends on my car and I am very satisfied with them. Dont have any PBM arms but I did visit the shop, Dan and Martin are very chill dudes. IMO you should get SPL's because they are in the same state as you (support your states economy lol) Although for my next purchase of suspension arms I am going to go for PBM.

xpertsnowcarver
10-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I've used both. Both are great quality parts.

LayNLow
10-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Yes that was me j dick just givin my thoughts about pbm you actin like you suckin there's wow it's cool .

Wow dude, they closed shop for a few days to attend/drive in a drift event and you got all pissy for nothing. LOL. Just fucking get over it. The made a mistake and admitted it and you cant get over it? PBM is a small shop with a bunch of customers, mistakes happen. But to get back on topic both are outstanding companies. PBM has most of my bus. for suspension parts.

Chernobyl
10-16-2009, 11:13 PM
From personal experience with both, I will always recommend SPL over MAX.

EDacIouSX
10-17-2009, 03:37 AM
if you watched MAX video on how they make arms, you will notice there arms are hollow. SPL arms are solid, also spl arms now have the same kind of kinks and what not that other companies do to support lowered cars.

SPL hands down is a top quality company with super awesome customer support.

revat619
10-17-2009, 05:45 AM
Dont feed into all the bullshit hype. They're BOTH excellent quality. It really doesn't matter AT ALL which one you choose. I have all the PBM multi-link parts and they work great, plus they're local to me. In your case, SPL may be the best choice for you since they're local to you.

SPL, PBM, Battle Version, Cusco, its all good shit. Pick which color you like best and go with that.

end thread.

swayray
10-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Spl seems local to you and Kuah has been developing and constantly been upgrading the arms he manufactured for years. Most of these upgrades and revisions are based on his own experience and other driver's input who had used his control arms in a track driven situation. I haven't yet to snap my SPL v2 tierod end i picked up 3 years ago.

Propaganda
10-17-2009, 01:47 PM
if you watched MAX video on how they make arms, you will notice there arms are hollow. SPL arms are solid, also spl arms now have the same kind of kinks and what not that other companies do to support lowered cars.

WTF? I'm pretty SPL uses HOLLOW chromoly tubes for their suspension. Maybe you're thinking of the Kinked end which is machined from solid steel.

Either way.. I like SPL better because it looks like the rod ends are of higher quality.. Hybrid adjusters are teh shit.. and they rock

Check this link to find out more about the quality of SPL's stuff (http://www.splparts.com/main4/header/product/index.htm)

FaLKoN240
10-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Original crybaby thread: http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/281360-do-not-buy-maxdriftusa.html

You're being a shitty customer, they got you back and apologized for their mistake, and you're still trying to get something out of them when they don't have anything to give. If you say you're not gonna order from them again, and tell all of your friends, they're supposed to do a complete 180* and suck your dick or something?

They're not a corporate company, and frankly your childish attitude and threatening to bash their name and company practice is grounds for an attitude.

WTF? I'm pretty SPL uses HOLLOW chromoly tubes for their suspension. Maybe you're thinking of the Kinked end which is machined from solid steel.

Either way.. I like SPL better because it looks like the rod ends are of higher quality.. Hybrid adjusters are teh shit.. and they rock

Check this link to find out more about the quality of SPL's stuff (http://www.splparts.com/main4/header/product/index.htm)

Why would any company use solid suspension arms? That's stupid, arms are supposed to bend and break in the case of an accident so that more expensive pieces like the subframe and chassis don't get damaged.

If you take out the adjusters in your SPL arms you'll see that you can see right through them.

Solid does /= better.

!Zar!
10-17-2009, 04:41 PM

SPL hands down is a top quality company with super awesome customer support.

Both will break if you crash. So the easiest way to avoid them breaking would be...

From what I've seen, their products hold up. The only, "solid" linkage that SPL makes is the tension rod (last I checked). Doesn't matter. Run what you want.

twistex
10-19-2009, 05:00 AM
I run spl parts on my s chassis. I was thinking about getting some pbm coils ... I like there links also but I changed my mind after there fender roller fell apart on the 2nd car I used it on. Bolts constantly come loose or strip. worst fender roller I have owned. I had to make modifications to it along the way of trying to keep it together. I had a Eastwood and only got pbm cause it was suppose to be easier for lower setups. The roller now sits on a shelf in a pile of dust. I really have a urge to send it back to them in a box with paper weight written on it.

!Zar!
10-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Have you called them and explained your situation? It's hard to have R&D on a product without customer feedback.

Geno750
10-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Spherical jointed multi link arms all have the same issue, the spherical joints wear out, and get kinda loose after a while. SPL charges like $15~25 for new spherical joints. NOBODY to my knowledge does that, which makes them the best choice for anyone DDing a car while having upgraded multi link arms.

ImPLiCiTS14
10-21-2009, 08:20 PM
spl ftw very beefy and high quality parts. i only runs spl.

gpeele
10-23-2009, 12:32 AM
I ran spl tension rods on a daily driver for three years on less than ideal roads with no problems. I pulled the parts off the s13 sold the chassis and bought a s14 to road race. I called spl and they sent me the s14 shanks at a discounted price and I just transferred over the rod ends from the s13 tension rods. Everything looked great no rust, no play when I inspected them before installing them on the s14 shanks. A few months ago I got into a horrible shunt at Summit point and totally wrecked the passenger side of the s14 everything was mangled, even the lower control arm, and my yashio factory core support brace. The spl tension rod though was still straight, no play in the bearing, no hairline cracks on any of the parts when look at under microscope at work. I will always buy spl parts.

SochBAT
10-23-2009, 02:38 AM
SPL.

When they upgrade their shit, you can trade your old parts in!

yokotavia
10-23-2009, 08:46 AM