PDA

View Full Version : Just got F'd over by Walmart.. What can I do?

BOOSTLOVER
09-27-2009, 11:52 PM
So I'm going on a longass trip in a week and a half and I picked up a 120GB Zune at walmart last thursday night to help make the 30some hours each way travel time go by a little bit quicker. I got it home, downloaded the software, and tried to start it up... Nothin. Maybe I did it wrong, so I found some step by step instructions on how to get it to turn on and set up and followed them. Still no luck. So tonight I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and tried it all again. Still nothin. I searched youtube for tips and found a video that explained the differences between the newer 120 and the old 80GB and realized I had the 80 that came in a 120 box and its broken. I then got everything together and went back to walmart about 2 hours ago and explained the whole situation to the manager and he said they can't do anything because the box has been opened. WTF! I asked if they can find out if this box has been sold before because I know someone switched their busted 80 with the 120 and returned it. He said they can't do that and I should call Zune and get it replaced with another 80GB. I told him he's out of his fuckin mind if he thinks I'm payin $240 for a 80GB zune.

I'm going to go back in the morning to talk to a real manager but I'm assuming it will play out the same. Any tips on what I should do?

iLOVEmyS13
09-27-2009, 11:55 PM
I think you're on the right track with asking if it was sold to someone else, talk to the head manager and bring up your dispute. If all else fails, go to another walmart. That's what i did, when they wouldn't take my ipod touch back.

Hope you get everything sorted out, and have a safe trip!

Killa_D
09-28-2009, 12:06 AM
why dont you do the same shit, buy another one and carefully open it and stick the 80gb one in there and return it to a different walmart and get your money back and the right zune ether way walmart still looses lol.

Manuelitoohno
09-28-2009, 12:07 AM
make a youtube vid about it.

then get alot of views on it with people commenting negative things about wal mart then send the youtube vid with the views to corporate walmart lol

DALAZ_68
09-28-2009, 12:21 AM
tell them what happened...if they pretty much tell you ur sol...better business bureau....

BOOSTLOVER
09-28-2009, 12:22 AM
why dont you do the same shit, buy another one and carefully open it and stick the 80gb one in there and return it to a different walmart and get your money back and the right zune ether way walmart still looses lol.

If all else fails, that will be done. But I'm going to try the right way 1st.

BustedS13
09-28-2009, 12:26 AM

do this. or just throw it back in the box and try to return it again, and don't explain anything. unwanted gift.
best bet is to return about five minutes before 10, when they stop doing returns.
wal mart don't give a fuck.

Kougeki
09-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Don't they have a serial number or something to match up?
Something like that?

BustedS13
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Something like that?

most stores might, but wal mart probably won't. and if they do, it doesn't matter. you can just keep going to different ones until they take it.
you don't even need a receipt.

dOMEmE
09-28-2009, 12:33 AM
i returned a game because it had a scratch on it to walmart with no reciept, and i bought it online from some random place! lol ....they should replace it for the same item

BOOSTLOVER
09-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Something like that?

I checked after I got back and they don't match.

Manuelitoohno
09-28-2009, 12:37 AM
if walmart fails then just contact microsoft tell them ",,well i love your product i purchased it but thanks to walmart i cant really enjoy your product, i dont want to give on you guys but walmart might of had changed my mind"

coww-cho!!!!!
09-28-2009, 12:54 AM
sometimes the clerk just checks to see if its in the box and just scans the barcode and refunds you without any questions. and If they do question you just say it was an unwanted gift like busteds13 said

i think if you were to return it to best buy it would be much harder.

Kougeki
09-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah, try it at a different walmart, just say you wanna return it cause it doesn't work.
You might have luck like that.

I LUV MY S13
09-28-2009, 12:57 AM
yea i returned an item that they didnt even carry

iLOVEmyS13
09-28-2009, 01:06 AM
yea i returned an item that they didnt even carry

LOL, thats how walmart is though haha.
you got *snip*'d.. *snip* them back!

ESmorz
09-28-2009, 01:12 AM
you got *snip*'d.. *snip* them back!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/AvrilH8er13/racist.jpg

godrifttoday
09-28-2009, 01:21 AM
walmart is the devil u cant win, but can try

SochBAT
09-28-2009, 01:23 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ITWI9nTWaek/R16O4gngy0I/AAAAAAAABnA/QhUJuHLraDw/s400/ninjew.png

Soooshi uses Ninjew Stars of David.

You take 15HP damage.

You faint.

sleep
09-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Someone committed fraud and your getting fucked cause of it.

TheWolf
09-28-2009, 06:59 AM
Someone committed fraud and your getting fucked cause of it.

welcome to the world of "we don't check our returns"

ClutchKickThatBitch
09-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Target > Walmart

garagelu
09-28-2009, 07:24 AM
I would just repack it in the original box as best you can and return it to wal-mart. Then either buy another one there or buy one at another store.

Oh and take it to a wal-mart thats in the ghetto. They most likely will not even look in the box.

SochBAT
09-28-2009, 07:26 AM
Target > Walmart

Target = Walmart

Target just appeals to the richer poor people.

Balling on a budget.

ZenkiKid
09-28-2009, 08:01 AM
Walmart is currently effing over america man.

as for what happened to you, im not sayin ive done it but Ive heard of people doing that alot at walmart, especially with RROD xbox 360s. They would buy another xbox, put their busted one in and return it.

punk138
09-28-2009, 03:52 PM
damn that sucks, the walmarts out here in san bernardino take back anything.

true story-
i once heard a lady bought a vacuum cleaner and returned the box with bricks in it and got her money back. i guess the walmart person didnt check inside the box.

Matej
09-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Once a Walmart cashier gave me 5$ change when she was supposed to give 15$ back.
I did not notice until about two hours later.
Went back, feeling guilty because it sounded like a totally made up story, although I knew I was telling the truth, and I thought it was worth a try to get my 10$.
They actually gave me the money.
Walmart customer service is awesome.

ixfxi
09-28-2009, 04:12 PM
You need to complain and NOT leave. Like, take your time complaining... spend lots of time in their store, complaining. Like, they cant force you out of the store really.. just keep coming back and back and back. Keep complaining.

You'll win, trust me. It works.

pignose4life
09-28-2009, 04:18 PM
just buy another one go to your car take out the good 120gb replace with shitty 80gb, return the 80gb maybe leave a note in there saying YOU GOT F*&@ED! and enjoy your new zune.

HyperTek
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
maybe lay on the floor for a few minutes or go to sleep than complain that no one asked to see if you where ok maybe you will make out!!

lol jk

sucks dude..

jzepol1985
09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
sell it on zilvia with the rest of the overpriced stuff lol jk

that does suck just keep going to different walmart's until you get it changed

Drift N Dragg
09-28-2009, 04:48 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ITWI9nTWaek/R16O4gngy0I/AAAAAAAABnA/QhUJuHLraDw/s400/ninjew.png

Soooshi uses Ninjew Stars of David.

You take 15HP damage.

You faint.

Target = Walmart

Target just appeals to the richer poor people.

Balling on a budget.

DUDE THAT SHIT IS FUNNY :rofl::keke::drama:

RiversideS13
09-28-2009, 05:04 PM
i remember a while ago there was a news about a mom brought a gameboys from walmart and it was rocks inside the box. maybe u can try to search the article and see how she get her money back

FaLKoN240
09-28-2009, 06:12 PM
As if you didn't need another reason to shop there.

I advise anyone that is iffy or even considered to stop shopping there, watch this:

Walmart: The High Cost Of Low Prices (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6548480812335235955&hl=en#)

I watched the whole thing and have not been at or shopped in a Walmart in a year plus.

!Zar!
09-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Why doesn't OP call Microsoft and try to resolve the matter.
It's not like they can't do any wrong. That's who you should be complaining to.

DrtyRat
09-28-2009, 11:05 PM
You need to complain and NOT leave. Like, take your time complaining... spend lots of time in their store, complaining. Like, they cant force you out of the store really.. just keep coming back and back and back. Keep complaining.

What he said. I'm a retail manager, and have been in this business for 16yrs, go back into the same walmart, and try speaking to the same manager. If you go to another, there may have been communication between the stores about you trying to return this already, and it will only raise suspicion. If he doesn't help you out, ask to speak to someone above him(IIRC Walmart usually has the pictures/names of the management team posted somewhere). When you go, make sure its late morning on a monday, thats usually when all of the managers are there. Like stated above, do not leave until you get to speak to the next person up, and if they give you the run around, call their customer service number, right there, in the store in front of which ever manager is refusing to help you. Don't try to go in there like a tough guy, just remain calm, state your case, and you should be ok. BTW, if they don't take of you in the store, and you are forced to call their 800 number, demand your money back. Explain to them, that at this point you feel like you are being accused of something that had nothing to do with you, and that you no longer care to do business with them. Make sure you take everyones name, and mention them to who ever you speak with. Personaly, I hate walmart, the only thing that I buy from there is ammo, and since they've been out of it, I have no other reason to buy from there. Good Luck.

BOOSTLOVER
09-29-2009, 01:10 AM
I went in before work for almost a hour and a half, talked to about 5 or 6 different people, finally ended up with the store manager and he was sayin what most of the others were sayin.. " We can't do anything" So I flipped out a lil bit cuz in that time they found out that the broke 80gb zune was bought in april of 08. The person used a visa and they still told me there's nothing they can do. In disbelief I said if you found a name and there's nothing more you can do, it looks like I need to file a police report. A few minutes after that I walked out with a new 120GB zune. I kept my cool most of the time but when one of em was hell bent on sayin that I was the one tryin to screw them over. I was thinkin if the the consequences would be worth beating the shit out of guy. Being the trip is so close I held off.

I never really liked walmart to begin with so it's safe to say I'll never be going back to one again. Thanks for the Ideas tho.

DALAZ_68
09-29-2009, 08:26 AM
it looks like I need to file a police report. A few minutes after that I walked out with a new 120GB zune.

LOL good shit...imagine if u took a swing at someone, the report would have been filed on you...lol

way to keep cool

ixfxi
09-29-2009, 08:49 AM
What he said. I'm a retail manager, and have been in this business for 16yrs, go back into the same walmart, and try speaking to the same manager. If you go to another, there may have been communication between the stores about you trying to return this already, and it will only raise suspicion. If he doesn't help you out, ask to speak to someone above him(IIRC Walmart usually has the pictures/names of the management team posted somewhere). When you go, make sure its late morning on a monday, thats usually when all of the managers are there. Like stated above, do not leave until you get to speak to the next person up, and if they give you the run around, call their customer service number, right there, in the store in front of which ever manager is refusing to help you. Don't try to go in there like a tough guy, just remain calm, state your case, and you should be ok. BTW, if they don't take of you in the store, and you are forced to call their 800 number, demand your money back. Explain to them, that at this point you feel like you are being accused of something that had nothing to do with you, and that you no longer care to do business with them. Make sure you take everyones name, and mention them to who ever you speak with. Personaly, I hate walmart, the only thing that I buy from there is ammo, and since they've been out of it, I have no other reason to buy from there. Good Luck.

yup... being a cheap bastard, ive had plenty of experiences with companies like the good guys, circuit city, and of course... frys. i hate them all. not because of what they sell, but how they sell it. they kill small businesses, and when i was a broke kid i had lots of fun exploiting their policies. i mean how else could a 14 year old kid buy a video game, use it for 29 days and then return it for another? that free rental policy worked for YEARS. or the warranty upgrade trick, constantly sending in product for repair which after 3 times resulted in an upgraded system for me.

i could go on and on, but the kick in the nuts was a few years ago i bought a sony LCD from costco. in my head I thought it ran $1000 and one day at frys, i noticed they had the same/similar model for 900. so i bought the frys model and took it home, compared them side-by-side. i then realized that the tv is SIMILAR, almost identical, but not identical. Costco buys so much volume that they have their own models which are variations of the retail versions sold at most chain stores. basically, same tv.. even came with the retail version manual, but the costco one had a different bezel - thats it.

so back to frys lugging this tv in my miata at the time, packed the fucker back in the box.. only to be greeted by a sales manager who wants to charge me 10% restocking fee......... and i only purchased the damn TV 2 hours ago. I explained to him that i was buying it to compare with the model i purchased. he told me i should have done that at the store. he then told me that i broke the "protective seal" which was not a seal, just some bullshit box tape.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK

the sales person said specifically "if it doesnt work out bring it back" and so i got the salesguy in the mix and he STILL wouldnt allow the return without the restocking fee. i started losing my cool so i walked around the store talking to other folks, coming back.. still no dice. finally, i walked back to the department where the salesman worked (tv area) and spoke to his manager, who then spoke with the return manager (the asshole) and wham, gained entry to receiving my dough back.

it took talking to like 3-4 assholes, all of which kept telling me the same fucking thing.. but it just goes to show that its a persistence game. it has nothing to do with how much you yell, it has to do with how little you yell and how much time you waste of theirs. eventually, waste enough time and you can leech anything out of these stores. they'll just do what they can do to get you out of their fucking hair.

that was many years ago, and since then i refuse to support stores like that. ide rather give my money to mom and pop stores and support them, even if it means paying more. i dont believe in giving companies like frys a bloody fucking cent and look forward to their demise.

Farzam
09-29-2009, 08:57 AM
My sister works at a wallyworld pharmacy and tells me plenty of weird stories. I enjoy occasionally grocery shopping there, but otherwise i'll avoid it at all costs.

I had an ex who got caught stealing from walmart twice in 6 months. I also have plenty of friends who get red rings on their xbox's, buy another, then return the broken one, so I can understand why they think you fall into that demographic, although you were just an innocent consumer who caught bad luck.

I've never been to any other store that I saw 10 boxes worth of shotgun ammo in a parking lot with a small trail of blood from the front door to by the gun section. Any other store woulda had that cleaned up in 10 minutes. Nope, my local Wal Mart left it there for hours upon hours (I was working in the same plaza), and I never saw cops go up there either...My guess is someone tried to steal bullets, cut their hand on something in the process, ran out, then dropped half the ammo they took?

Dirty Habit
09-29-2009, 08:58 AM
i returned a game because it had a scratch on it to walmart with no reciept, and i bought it online from some random place! lol ....they should replace it for the same item

Douchebag.

Ceepo
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Exactly :D do this and you will WIN!!! shoulda got an ipod lol... i have had mine for 4 years now and still runnin strong :)

godrifttoday
09-29-2009, 11:59 AM
yup... being a cheap bastard, ive had plenty of experiences with companies like the good guys, circuit city, and of course... frys. i hate them all. not because of what they sell, but how they sell it. they kill small businesses, and when i was a broke kid i had lots of fun exploiting their policies. i mean how else could a 14 year old kid buy a video game, use it for 29 days and then return it for another? that free rental policy worked for YEARS. or the warranty upgrade trick, constantly sending in product for repair which after 3 times resulted in an upgraded system for me.

i could go on and on, but the kick in the nuts was a few years ago i bought a sony LCD from costco. in my head I thought it ran $1000 and one day at frys, i noticed they had the same/similar model for 900. so i bought the frys model and took it home, compared them side-by-side. i then realized that the tv is SIMILAR, almost identical, but not identical. Costco buys so much volume that they have their own models which are variations of the retail versions sold at most chain stores. basically, same tv.. even came with the retail version manual, but the costco one had a different bezel - thats it.

so back to frys lugging this tv in my miata at the time, packed the fucker back in the box.. only to be greeted by a sales manager who wants to charge me 10% restocking fee......... and i only purchased the damn TV 2 hours ago. I explained to him that i was buying it to compare with the model i purchased. he told me i should have done that at the store. he then told me that i broke the "protective seal" which was not a seal, just some bullshit box tape.

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK

the sales person said specifically "if it doesnt work out bring it back" and so i got the salesguy in the mix and he STILL wouldnt allow the return without the restocking fee. i started losing my cool so i walked around the store talking to other folks, coming back.. still no dice. finally, i walked back to the department where the salesman worked (tv area) and spoke to his manager, who then spoke with the return manager (the asshole) and wham, gained entry to receiving my dough back.

it took talking to like 3-4 assholes, all of which kept telling me the same fucking thing.. but it just goes to show that its a persistence game. it has nothing to do with how much you yell, it has to do with how little you yell and how much time you waste of theirs. eventually, waste enough time and you can leech anything out of these stores. they'll just do what they can do to get you out of their fucking hair.

that was many years ago, and since then i refuse to support stores like that. ide rather give my money to mom and pop stores and support them, even if it means paying more. i dont believe in giving companies like frys a bloody fucking cent and look forward to their demise.

all those companies were small at one point in time... just like mom and pop stores... we live in a capitalistic country, were all that matter is profit. and for consumers its getting the best price. even though i think there are still some people out there maybe like u that would spend a bit more like u said to support the mom and pop stores but most people now a day dont, i know i dont

chrisa
09-29-2009, 12:04 PM
^^^What ceepo said, for the same amount of money you could have gone to the Apple store and got a new 160gb iPod classic.