PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance!!!

bootygraber
08-11-2009, 04:38 PM
hey! I have a question. I have a rb25det ANd i was wondering if the turbo will be able to handle all the stress of a LONG DISTANCE drive say 600+miles.
Will the turbo be able to handle that kind of punishement?
Thanx!:bowdown:

Sileighty_85
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
ummmm yeah..... why not? aslong as you dont boost it over 14psi you'll be fine...

Its not punishment for DD.

WangonwWarrior
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
as long as everything is in proper working order your fine

cooltomato
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
ummmm yeah..... why not? aslong as you dont boost it over 14psi you'll be fine...

Its not punishment for DD.

what Sileighty_85 said is correct!!!! just dont crank your boost to high and dont like redline it the entire time. make sure your coolet is cool ie radiator cap has to crakcs or is broken, no holes in your hoses from ur radiator to ur engine and resivor and your radiator is not messed up. check you engein temp from time to time of course and you should be fine. :ghey:

TheWolf
08-11-2009, 09:16 PM
hey! I have a question. I have a rb25det ANd i was wondering if the turbo will be able to handle all the stress of a LONG DISTANCE drive say 600+miles.
Will the turbo be able to handle that kind of punishement?
Thanx!:bowdown:

No it's impossible for a RB25det to drive 600 miles without changing the turbo. I mean seriously. :faint:

The motor came to you with like 50k miles on it. Think that was like 5 million trips to the grovery store 3 miles away??

BTW. Turbos don't stay spooled when your part throttle cruising so unless you're doing some like texas mile shit.. cept 600 miles long.. (damn that'd need a big gas tank).. your turbo is going to chill for most of the ride.

epics13
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
like everyone said man u should be fine man, i mean its not like ur going to be flooring it all the way through ur trip, most people just cruise on the highway.