PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det not starting!

FruntFlip850
08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Basically this is my situation. When I try to crank the motor all I get is a click it doesn't even turn over. Somehow my starter isn't powering up. I took the starter to get tested and its perfectly fine. I can still start the car by push starting but thats a bitch. My battery is fine and my alternator is still keeping it charged. Just can't seem to figure it out:mad:. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

flip3d
08-09-2009, 01:25 AM
one click? sounds like the solenoid.

FruntFlip850
08-09-2009, 10:06 AM
the click seems to be coming from the acc relay. not the solenoid. i even tried my brothers starter from his 240. i checked all fuses and relays. this is :bs:

gunmetalr32
08-09-2009, 10:15 AM
try giving the starter power

dub40sx
08-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Sounds crazy as fuck but Ive had the exact same issue because of a simple ground not being hooked up. Theres one under the dash near the ECU. I apparently didnt remember to hook it up and i turn it and CLICK. Im not saying this is your issue but some stupid shit will make big problems sometimes.

FruntFlip850
08-09-2009, 11:57 PM
I mean i drove the car to work and when i got off it wouldn't start so i push started it and drove home. something could have came loose im sure. i put direct power to the starter and it started up but didn't crank the motor. something has to be stopping the connection just can't find it. I'll check that ground under the ecu tomorrow. just out of options on which thing to check next.

woolman82
09-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Were you able to find the problem? I am stumped on my car. I replaced the starter with a brand new one, and all I get is a click. I've checked for power and everything else I can think of. Please let me know what you found. Thanx