PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE Changed Spark Plugs, Won't Start

p0onsta
07-29-2009, 05:51 AM
Hey,

I have a pretty big issue here. My OBD2 S14 is not starting.

I just replaced the flywheel/clutch/pp and the car was running great on jackstands. Started right up and revs fine.

I changed the spark plugs and lowered the car, and then turned it on. Ran for a minute or so, then bogged down and died. Now it won't start again.

The starter turns over strong, so the battery is good.

I am getting ignition. The plug wire from cylinder 1 is able to jump a 5mm gap to the valve cover.

I can smell fuel after cranking for a while, so I know there's gas in the tank and the fuel pump is working. Taking the spark plugs out, they are wet with fuel, so I KNOW the fuel system is working.

My vacuum lines are all connected, and at the very very least, the FPR vacuum line is connected.

I compression tested the motor, and it's good, 155 across the board.

The engine was JUST running, there is no reason for the timing to be off, so that's fine too.

So...
Spark
Fuel
Compression
Timed
...and it still doesn't start!!!!!

Any ideas guys? Please help. I've been dying to drive the car with the new flywheel and clutch. Been working on it after work for about a week and a half now. I need the car running as my daily driver, so please help. Thanks in advance.

a_ghost
12-07-2009, 06:04 PM
might be dumb, but did you correctly connect the wires?
you might of put wire 1 in spark plug slot 2 or vice versa
same for 3 and 4

a_ghost
12-07-2009, 06:06 PM
you can also disconnect the injectors and take out the spark plugs
crank it, and have a friend check it see if the spark plugs are actually working

steve shadows
12-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Check your fuel pump too

AznXstazy
12-08-2009, 08:55 AM
double check your firing order.

Pacman
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Crank sensor plugged in and not broken or worked its way out?

jdm213
12-10-2009, 08:31 PM
check the distrubutor cap and rotor, everytime you change spark plugs its routine maintenance to replace them its not expensive like 15 bucks total

g6civcx
12-10-2009, 09:03 PM
might be dumb, but did you correctly connect the wires?
you might of put wire 1 in spark plug slot 2 or vice versa
same for 3 and 4

I think so as well.

rioredstang
12-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I think you have wires wrong. Pull #1 spark plug out and crank engine to get #1 cylinder on compression stroke. Then remove dist. cap and check that rotor button lines up with #1 spark plug wire on cap. I have technicians with over 30 years experience and can't get it right.

steve shadows
12-13-2009, 06:29 PM
I re-read this again, this seems like ignition wasn't reinstalled right. He probably swapped his spark plug wires around the wrong way

underground_army
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
yeah check firing order i happen to me a while back for not paying attention.:duh:

1GayDrifter
12-15-2009, 05:51 PM
just changed mine and there was a lot of oil on the bottomof the plugs and now with the new ones the car is bruning some oil. how depressing.

Walperstyle
12-19-2009, 06:02 AM
its been a few days, and no followup?

For the search engine to work properly you need to have answers to your technical questions posted. Final solutions. This way when others have issues, they are not pulling up threads that dont lead anywhere

speedfreak90
12-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Check the gap on the plugs maybe?? just a suggestion. good luck