PDA

View Full Version : turboing a ka?

Zenki Ridr
07-26-2009, 11:25 AM
wht would it take to turbo a KA motor? i am not looking for huge boost jst maybe 6-7 psi. jst a lil more power? how do the NA KA motors hold up to boost and that such? would it be worth it? any tips on the idea is much appreciated thank you.

upsdude
07-26-2009, 11:42 AM
oh dude, you are SO gonna get flamed for this one. but may i suggest www.ka-t.org (http://www.ka-t.org)

udon!
07-26-2009, 11:54 AM
usually people who prefer the KA over the SR swap in a k-series honda motor (believe it or not) because it is a great substitution for the KA. You wont have to end up rebuilding the KA after it blows. They swap a K-series because it has a shit-ton of torque, unlike the SR. Its comparable to the KA, just think of a KA on steroids+VTEC.

Zenki Ridr
07-26-2009, 12:08 PM
oh dude, you are SO gonna get flamed for this one. but may i suggest www.ka-t.org (http://www.ka-t.org)

i wasnt looking to get flammed i was originally thinking of doing a sr swap when someone asked me if u could turbo a NA KA so i just thought i would look into it. im new to nissans and jst trying to get a feel for them. so i suppose if nobody has anything constructive to say plz dont say anything. im jst figuring out everything before i make a dicision. thank you

FaLKoN240
07-26-2009, 02:16 PM
This isn't a nice forum to ask those kinds of questions.

All your questions can be answered by using the SEARCH function.

There's even a KA-T FAQ located in the tech talk section.

Your question isn't new, and it is an FAQ, so maybe you should start there.

projectRDM
07-26-2009, 04:05 PM
i wasnt looking to get flammed i was originally thinking of doing a sr swap when someone asked me if u could turbo a NA KA so i just thought i would look into it. im new to nissans and jst trying to get a feel for them. so i suppose if nobody has anything constructive to say plz dont say anything. im jst figuring out everything before i make a dicision. thank you

I'll give you something constructive.

Learn how to type. That way when you ask another stupid, remedial question that's been beaten to death for over a decade, we'll at least be able to decipher what in fuck you're trying to say.

Zenki Ridr
07-27-2009, 01:27 AM
wow this shit is almost as helpful as honda-tech. well next time i will search first, my bad. didnt see much harm in asking a question. o well. thanks

Zenki Ridr
07-27-2009, 01:28 AM
This isn't a nice forum to ask those kinds of questions.

All your questions can be answered by using the SEARCH function.

There's even a KA-T FAQ located in the tech talk section.

Your question isn't new, and it is an FAQ, so maybe you should start there.

thank you falkon for the only useful thing said on here.

FaLKoN240
07-27-2009, 01:40 AM
thank you falkon for the only useful thing said on here.

Thank you for not taking offense.

Looking stuff up may be frustrating sometimes, but not as frustrating as getting flamed when looking for answers.

Plus it's good practice! :D

Bigsyke
07-27-2009, 04:57 PM
usually people who prefer the KA over the SR swap in a k-series honda motor (believe it or not) because it is a great substitution for the KA. You wont have to end up rebuilding the KA after it blows. They swap a K-series because it has a shit-ton of torque, unlike the SR. Its comparable to the KA, just think of a KA on steroids+VTEC.

Really? I prefer my KA over the SR, and I wouldnt know how to swap in a FWD K20 into my S14. Why is it an RSX feels like it has less torque than my 240? Vtec usually isnt practical

upsdude
07-27-2009, 08:21 PM
isn't that some kind of sin? putting a honda motor in a nissan? hehe