PDA

View Full Version : gauge cluster lights???

scels240
07-25-2009, 09:53 PM
when i turn the lights on everything lights up except the gauge cluster??
headlights, right turn signal( left one does go on either but blinker works), tails..
i took the cluster out to see if the bulbs were bad.. tested umm and they were good.
wat now??

S-Nation S13
07-25-2009, 10:38 PM
i seem to have the same problem with mine i have a dead spot on my hud guage which lights up the battery,brake,basically the dummy lights ..i guess it seems to be isolated anyone with some insight ive checked/searched all i can find was check the fuses ..lol i already did but i still have the same problem at one point i had 2 dead spots on my hud the odomter was blacked out i changed the bulbs and it now works but dummy lights still no good

scels240
07-25-2009, 10:50 PM
i seem to have the same problem with mine i have a dead spot on my hud guage which lights up the battery,brake,basically the dummy lights ..i guess it seems to be isolated anyone with some insight ive checked/searched all i can find was check the fuses ..lol i already did but i still have the same problem at one point i had 2 dead spots on my hud the odomter was blacked out i changed the bulbs and it now works but dummy lights still no good

well my brake battery seatbelt etc. work
just the rpm, speedometer, temp n gas gauges dont light up???
wheres the fuse???

Okinawandrifter87
07-25-2009, 10:57 PM
If you check all the fuses and all of them are fine, check behind the fuse panel right by the brake pedal, if you pull out the panel theres a little white box back there. Replace it and it all your lights should be working again. Happened in a coupe I bought a while back.. the box is called a TC box or something..

scels240
07-25-2009, 11:16 PM
If you check all the fuses and all of them are fine, check behind the fuse panel right by the brake pedal, if you pull out the panel theres a little white box back there. Replace it and it all your lights should be working again. Happened in a coupe I bought a while back.. the box is called a TC box or something..

ima try that thnx

Okinawandrifter87
07-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Sure no problem. If its not that just come back and tell us all what you did so we can help you. Good luck.

S-Nation S13
07-26-2009, 12:09 AM
tc ... you talking bout timing control unit TCU??

scels240
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Sure no problem. If its not that just come back and tell us all what you did so we can help you. Good luck.

looked around everywhere couldn't find that white TC box..
could u maybe explain exactly where or even a pic? plz

projectRDM
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
TCU, driver side kick panel. Could also be the dimmer switch.

holemilk00
07-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Also look at the back of your cluster, sometimes the head will make the circuit mat bow away from the contacts on the back of the cluster, you can check this by turn the car on with the cluster out in your hands, and just put where all the contacts are on the back and see if the lights come on, I had this problem in my vert and fixed it with a heat gun and low head to get the bow out it, with just a little heat it pulled tight again and all the contacts made connection and all my lights worked.

scels240
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
thnx 4 advice ima try it all,

Okinawandrifter87
07-29-2009, 06:38 PM
tc ... you talking bout timing control unit TCU??

Yes thats the one. My bad. Thanks for the help lol.

89 coupe
07-30-2009, 07:43 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6657/tcu.jpg

also check your wiring. you might have a loose wire somewhere

Okinawandrifter87
07-30-2009, 10:22 AM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6657/tcu.jpg

also check your wiring. you might have a loose wire somewhere

Invisible rep for you ;0) good job on the pic but yes check everything! Youll find it and let us know what your conclusion is or if your still having trouble.

Azimmer
07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
check the white box down by the fuse box, you could have a burn spot

scels240
07-30-2009, 11:43 AM
WOW thanks 4 pic turns out i dont even have that TCU unit AT ALL
just bought this s13 n has a couple missing things but ill b sure to get that when i go to the junkyard
im sure that will fix the problem.
thnx 4 all ur help