PDA

View Full Version : HOw to remove rear quarter panel window 95 240sx??

dirteeboy808
05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Is there a way without cutting up the OEM seals? If I do cut up the seal where do they sell only the rubber seals w/o the glass?

thanks....I could only find one other thread and there wasn't too much info

projectRDM
05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
The moulding is not sold separately, you buy it prefitted to the glass, no other way. Use a right angle glass cutter and a heat gun, on a good hot afternoon you can almost pry the glass loose, so just heat it up and cut from the inside, slowly prying on the moulding only. Don't put pressure or contact the glass at all.

repda916
05-18-2009, 11:03 PM
can you do this with a front windshield?

GSXRJJordan
05-19-2009, 05:32 AM
Windshields are much easier to pull out than quarter glass - I've seen amateurs pull out windshields before, but never seen anyone do quarter glass without breaking it half way through. It's really sad to watch, actually lol.

projectRDM
05-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Odd, I always break windshields but have never broken a quarter glass. I've got about a dozen of them laying around from parts cars in fact.

s142jzkillav10
05-19-2009, 08:04 PM
you can use wire ( similar to throttle cable) and tie to ends to a tube ( pvc ) and pass the wire back and forth throw the windos cutting away at the silicon. GL

Shift_Cory
05-19-2009, 08:48 PM
ya thats they way they did it at school in the autobody program... they used i think piano wire? with like 2 handles i think they would put the wire through then put the handle on, on the other side of the window. and then 2 guys would kindof "saw" around the window through the glue. me personally would just pay someone to do it, its deffinatly a pain in the ass. ive broke a few myself