PDA

View Full Version : KA24DE overheating...

fiskulness
05-11-2009, 03:42 PM
As the title says I have a 93 KA24DE that I swapped into my 1990 and was having over heating issues for a long time. I replaced the thermostat and eventually the cause was a bad fan clutch (you could spin it backwards while the engine was running). So I decided to buy a new radiator and got some electric fans and the car was finally running cool again. But now the overheating is back and I am confused as to why. The car did sit for a couple of days and because I swapped the 93 engine into the 90 body I had to rewire the dash plug. I bought some PVC shrink wrap and individually wrapped each one of the wires. When I did that I think I burnt the wire for water temperature. All my overheating issues came back after I wrapped the wire in PVC.

When the temperature gauge is at HOT there is no smoke to be seen from the radiator or any where for that matter and the fans are blowing cold air (its about 60 degrees outside right now) When I wrapped the wire in PVC could that affect it to report wrong temperatures? (I used a lighter to get the PVC wrap to shrink) and could have possibly burnt the wire.

blackoutb15
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM
i dont have much knowledge for you as far as cooling issue but i have used a lighter before to shrink wrap and it has burnt the wire casing a little when i would take it off. now i just use a heat gun to be safe. maybe the is just too close and hot to notice.