PDA

View Full Version : ka24det maf and running lean problem

bonomo
04-30-2009, 06:45 PM
ok lets see my car just started running lean and studering . i got my ecu checked its fine and i checked my maf and its reads .40v with ignition on but it drops to like .20v. when the car idols it is 1.28v . is hat mean the maf is bad? or wat else could it be .

xKennie
05-01-2009, 01:14 AM
is your car still runnin lean? i am not an expert but i iwll share with you what i just went through and maybe it can help.

i just finished my ka-t build and it is basically a full stock rebuild of a kade and i got a top mount turbo kit from a local store. At first for me it ran ok but after an hour or so i noticed that it was running right and it was starting to overheat and get hot. On top of that there was a pinging sound and a sound of marbles rollin around when boost kicked in.

I talked to a shop and they said that it was a fuel problem since i was runnin stock injectors and i didnt have the money at the time to get a set of 370cc. This is when i asked my friend if i can borrow is Fuel Management Unit with a 12:1 ratio. It was brand new and he said i can just have it so i installed it on my car and it ran alot better and seemed to solve the problem.

A couple days went by and i noticed that it started to run a bit weird and the sounds were comming back. I talked to several different shops and techs and they said i should just upgrade my injectors and perhaps get a chip for my ecu or get a tuned ecu. I sold some stuff and ended up doing what they said and purchased 370cc injectors and a chip that was programed for a ka-t with 370cc injectors, stock MAF, and only 7 pounds of boost. Now my car is running really really well and havent experienced any problems yet.

So to make it short, if im correct to fix your running lean problem i would upgrade your injectors and maybe get a chip to solder into your ecu as well. If you would like the same chip i got or have questions about it feel free to pm me and i can give you the guys info and what not.

bonomo
05-01-2009, 05:27 AM
no no no it just started doing this

smelly240
05-01-2009, 05:32 AM
1.2v isnt far off for idle. is ur fuel pump old/stock?

xKennie
05-01-2009, 11:37 AM
no no no it just started doing this

so the car has been running for a good amount of time now and recently started these problems? what exzactly is your setup if you dont mind me asking dood.