PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP, should be easy for you guys!

wagner
04-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Two very quick questions for you guys:

I have a 1991 Nissan 240sx with a redtop sr20 in it, I'll be honest, I traded a DSM for it and I'm still not that familiar with sr20's so I wont pretend to be.

However, after about a year of owning it, and yes I did search the many nissan forums, I've run into a couple of issues. One of them being that it kept over heating. Well, I took pretty casual means of correcting it, I attempted to replace the thermostat because while it was running hot, I would not get heat. While I was installing it, my dad decided to help me out, and he accidentally broke off a bolt into the waterneck so I need to know where I can get a replacement for that and how hard it will be to take the remainder of the bolt out.

and lastly, the big issue, behind the head/valvecover I am also leaking coolant from that area, and i'm wondering if there is a coolant line that runs behind it, and if there is, what it goes to? I'm at my wits end with this damn car and I cant figure anything out it seems like if you need a part you have to find it off some other nissan or something and its always a hassle. I figure someone here would know so I would post it up.

jonnybonds84
04-26-2009, 09:08 AM
The leaking of coolant could be from the heater hoses that run into the firewall. SR owners have to get special ones or make something work to attach them.

A31CEFIRO
04-28-2009, 12:02 PM
definatly heatercore hose easy fix on sr's