PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Guage not working HELP

s13momentum
03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
i recently bought an s13 but the only bad thing was the fuel guage wasnt working. so i replaced the dash with my HUD(which was working on my other s13) and still it gave me the same results
I recently filled my tank and all it went to was a tad bit before half a tank and it always does this
does anyone kno what can be the cause of this??????
i dont want to go on my own and ruin something

rex2sx
03-08-2009, 07:34 PM
It could be ab electrical problem. Yu check your wiring? Make sure you got voltage?

BoostedCoupe
03-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Its more than likely the float. remove the pump assembly and make sure its not broke or off.

s13momentum
03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
yea me and my friend used a DMM to it and it showed voltage and i took the whole pump assembly out and i found that everythings intact on the fuel pump
the only thing is that there was a metal baffle thing in the tank that moved around and was restricting the floater so i moved it out of the way(it was held on to a a wire thing in which was the tube to where gas enters the tank)and i moved it out of the way completly and now the guage works fine
should i remove that metal baffle in there cause when i looked at it it looked pretty damaged to me