PDA

View Full Version : wiring stereo deck!

Options13
08-22-2008, 02:01 AM
well, i did a little today and got the 2 rear speakers to work, but damn are they blown to hell, also the speakers in the front were raped to hell, so i have to go buy new speakers tomorrow

but anyways to the point, i noticed i have 2 red/black wires, 2 red/blue wires, and 2 blue wires... is this normal?

with the car completely off the 2 red/black wires both get power, and with the ignition on they still both get power, using a testing light..

hmmm so pretty much if i wired up the deck using both the red/black wires the stereo stays on even with the car completely off...

i used this

Constant 12V+: Red/Black
Switched 12V+: Blue
Ground: Chassis (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/#)
Illumination: Red/Blue
Dimmer: Red/Yellow
Antenna Trigger: Black/Red
Antenna Left Rear

Front Speakers 4" x 6" Doors
Left Front (+): Blue/White
Left Front (-): Blue/Yellow
Right Front (+): Brown
Right Front (-): Brown/White

Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+): Red
Left Rear (-): Green
Right Rear (+): Blue
Right Rear (-): Pink

i tried using the red/black wire and the blue wire and the deck didn't turn on .. hmm anyone know what could be wrong?

Vision Garage
08-22-2008, 02:18 AM
go look up the wiring diagram for the head unit itself. It will explain all. With what you are giving us, you wont get far. what model head unit is it?

Options13
08-22-2008, 02:22 AM
yeah i have been lookin at it, i guess im just going to go to the store tomorrow and ask them about it, its the iDA-x300 alpine

g6civcx
08-22-2008, 06:27 AM
What is year/make/model of the car?

rotation3x
08-22-2008, 07:37 AM
There should be a yellow wire coming off the deck that goes to your red/black, that is the constant wire. You need to find the ignition power wire which is only powered with the ign switch turned on.

projectRDM
08-22-2008, 10:58 AM
The duplicate constant, illumination, and ignition wires are for an extra plug that goes to the slave deck, either a cassette, single CD, 3CD player, or the 6disc indash. All Nissan cars have the extra plug behind the radio, usually taped back in the harness. Leave them loose and insulated or tie them together with their counterparts, doesn't matter.

g6civcx
08-22-2008, 12:19 PM
All Nissan cars have the extra plug behind the radio, usually taped back in the harness. Leave them loose and insulated or tie them together with their counterparts, doesn't matter.

This is assuming a lot, i.e. that we're talking about a Nissan.

I don't think even you are that omniscent:confused:

projectRDM
08-22-2008, 04:51 PM
This is assuming a lot, i.e. that we're talking about a Nissan.

I don't think even you are that omniscent:confused:

All the wire colors match up the S13 chassis, Nissan mixes and matches colors per vehicle so I'd have to say it's not anything else.