PDA

View Full Version : "Worst Analogies Ever Written in a High School Essay"

Anto
04-19-2008, 06:25 AM
These are the winners of the “worst analogies ever written in a high school essay” contest.
He spoke with the wisdom that can only come from experience, like a guy who went blind because he looked at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it and now goes around the country speaking at high schools about the dangers of looking at a solar eclipse without one of those boxes with a pinhole in it.
– Joseph Romm, Washington

She caught your eye like one of those pointy hook latches that used to dangle from screen doors and would fly up whenever you banged the door open again.
– Rich Murphy, Fairfax Station

The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t.
– Russell Beland, Springfield

McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty Bag filled with vegetable soup.
– Paul Sabourin, Silver Spring

From the attic came an unearthly howl. The whole scene had an eerie, surreal quality, like when you’re on vacation in another city and “Jeopardy” comes on at 7 p.m. instead of 7:30.
– Roy Ashley, Washington

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.
– Chuck Smith, Woodbridge

Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.

Bob was as perplexed as a hacker who means to access T:flw.quid55328.com\aaakk/[email protected] but gets T:\flw.quidaaakk/[email protected] by mistake
– Ken Krattenmaker, Landover Hills

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.
– Unknown

He was as tall as a six-foot-three-inch tree.
– Jack Bross, Chevy Chase

The hailstones leaped from the pavement, just like maggots when you fry them in hot grease.
– Gary F. Hevel, Silver Spring

Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like”Second Tall Man.”

Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
– Jennifer Hart, Arlington

The politician was gone but unnoticed, like the period after the Dr. on a Dr Pepper can.
– Wayne Goode, Madison, Ala.

They lived in a typical suburban neighborhood with picket fences that resembled Nancy Kerrigan’s teeth.
– Paul Kocak, Syracuse, N.Y.

John and Mary had never met. They were like two hummingbirds who had also never met.

The thunder was ominous-sounding, much like the sound of a thin sheet of metal being shaken backstage during the storm scene in a play.
– Barbara Fetherolf, Alexandria

His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like underpants in a dryer without Cling Free.

The red brick wall was the color of a brick-red Crayola crayon.

OG Link (http://www.sheetr.com/worst-analogies-ever-written-in-a-high-school-essay/)

hahaha

eds13
04-19-2008, 08:19 AM
lmao! yeah, those are pretty bad

mrpeepers
04-19-2008, 08:24 AM
hahahahah roflburger all the way!

This thread made me laugh like the way a hyena laughs.

oh wait...that actually made sense :doh:

RurouniMidnight
04-19-2008, 08:51 AM
Those are pretty funny and some just dumb but i did like this one i didn't think it was all that bad and kinda clever.

Her date was pleasant enough, but she knew that if her life was a movie this guy would be buried in the credits as something like”Second Tall Man.”– Russell Beland, Springfield

SW20Racer
04-19-2008, 09:14 AM
this sounds suspiciously like the unadulterated bullshit i would write in highschool...

Ian
04-19-2008, 09:29 AM
most of these are from DC area where I'm from haha

I'm gonna look into this more

jackjack
04-19-2008, 09:49 AM
what the hell......... fail. ahahhahhaahha.

SW20Racer
04-19-2008, 09:53 AM
most of these are from DC area where I'm from haha

I'm gonna look into this more

let me know if the bitches is hot! usually the dumb ones are...

edt: ungh ungh! 1000 posts! ungh ungh! 1000 posts! lemme hear you say uuuuunnnggghhhhhhh.....!

DOOK
04-19-2008, 09:54 AM
anyone else noticed that this guy, Russell Beland, Springfield, had like 4 or 5 of them... he must be a fucking genius

lucky7
04-19-2008, 09:57 AM
McBride fell 12 stories, hitting the pavement like a Hefty Bag filled with vegetable soup.
– Paul Sabourin, Silver Spring

rofl. i was dying. that shit is hi-larious.

Rnz520
04-19-2008, 09:58 AM
hahaha I also noticed these are from my area too, wtf. We are supposed to have a good school system...

SW20Racer
04-19-2008, 10:01 AM
shit like this make me wish i had saved my essays from highshool. i could've been an internet legend...

ThatGuy
04-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I think it took more creativity to create these poor analogies then it would to make analogies that make sense. These are some witty highschoolers.

mrpeepers
04-19-2008, 10:26 AM
^^^ future writers of our future favorite sitcoms

bigOdom1
04-19-2008, 10:32 AM
that stuff is pretty funny

LookOut Nick
04-19-2008, 10:37 AM
hahahaha so good i woke my roomates up with my laughter

!Zar!
04-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Glad to know my tax money is going to such good use.

ayuaddict
04-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I think it took more creativity to create these poor analogies then it would to make analogies that make sense. These are some witty highschoolers.

my thoughts exactly.

boogerlovers
04-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left Cleveland at 6:36 p.m. traveling at 55 mph, the other from Topeka at 4:19 p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.
– Jennifer Hart, Arlington
my favorite haha...i hated those word problems...:fawk2:

Flipzide
04-19-2008, 03:04 PM
Apparently those were part of some humor contest.

I laughed. Very good stuff.

Mar 23rd, 2008 at 4:50 am

These are entries in the Washington Post Style Invitational humor contest. They are not real.

Squirrel82
04-20-2008, 05:44 PM
Her eyes were like two brown circles with big black dots in the center.

Good stuff.

jspaeth
04-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Great shit man lol

Forte EXE
04-20-2008, 07:36 PM
Ahaha, the majority of those where from my area, lmao.

sidewayz240
04-20-2008, 07:38 PM
Hahaha, my english teacher actually gave us a hand out with a bunch of those on it about a month ago. To teach us what...? i dont know, but some are pretty funny.

aziankingz
04-20-2008, 08:47 PM
too much drugs out on the streets these days..

errolorion
04-20-2008, 09:28 PM
this is stupid

why arent you modding your car

"this thread is as stupid as my rep bar"

98s14inaz
04-20-2008, 09:49 PM
Oh man, that killed me. I seriously lol'd. Thanks

awesomenick
04-20-2008, 10:39 PM
anyone else noticed that this guy, Russell Beland, Springfield, had like 4 or 5 of them... he must be a fucking genius

First thing I noticed. Funny shit.

errolorion
04-20-2008, 10:43 PM
"i need this thread like a mexican needs another beer"

ByeByeSti
04-20-2008, 10:44 PM
kind of retarded, but some are funny..
the last 3 years i kind of skipped out on writing papers in english. prob the reason i failed twice, but hey w/e happens happens. :)

errolorion
04-20-2008, 10:46 PM
whoever just gave me a posi rep
did you mean to neg me
if not
can i have some more posi rep?

ronmcdon
04-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Great find! Some very impressive attempts at camp humor, esp the more 'romantic' ones. I really need to say more things like this public. I see some great pick-up line material here.

Her hair glistened in the rain like nose hair after a sneeze.

aziankingz
04-21-2008, 02:46 PM
"this thread is so funny it made me laugh like that time i was watching a funny movie"