5. Sugar Land, Texas
6. Colonie, New York
7. Thousand Oaks, California
8. Newton, Massachusetts
9. Toms River Township, N.J.
10. Lake Forest, California

exitspeed
11-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Woot Detroit! Can't wait to go visit in January!

motorsnail
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
I dunno I found Louisiana pretty crazy.....Most of those places have bad crime because of population bad way to calculate crime isnt it? Still cool though.

FaLKoN240
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Cool, East Bay is in there...

TWICE.

Tops*
11-19-2007, 10:39 AM
Detroit is dangerous without a doubt. I try to stop in Detroit as little as possible. I stopped at a gas station on the outskirts of Detroit once and all windows had security bars on them and the counter was shielded by super thick bullet proof glass. Plus, all the beaters of Detroit litter car parts on I-75. I smoked a bumper that I couldn't avoid going 75 and it cracked my bumper and tore off the fender liner. :madfawk:

jackjack
11-19-2007, 10:54 AM
hasnt detroit been on top of the list for years now?

Saltman
11-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Yea, Birmingham sucks cause the "thugs" here are idiots. Chicago's ghetto had me pretty freaked out when I went there trying to find a hotdog spot. Surprised it didn't make the list.

txrxs
11-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Camden is hood as fuck. Where is Gary, Indiana, they must be slacking. Need to step their game up again.

hijack3d
11-19-2007, 11:41 AM
I want to live in Sugar Land, TX... that place sounds like something I dreamed about as a fat kid growing up...

BustedS13
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
We're number two! We're number two!

pussies!

eastcoastS14
11-19-2007, 11:47 AM
lol Ohio? how is somewhere in Ohio on the top 10 most dangerous cities....and lol newton MA is on the safest, not suprising I dont think they know what crime is

and yeah detroit is always up there on the list cause its economy sucks....like highest unemployment rate in the nation.....suprised baltimore isnt up there tho cause they ususally have the higest murder rate every year

SHIFT_*grind*
11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Woot for Oakland, again. And yet houses are still like $600,000 for a ramshackle piece of shit. Yay!

wootwoot
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I never noticed Birmingham being that bad...Weird

2ilvia
11-19-2007, 12:29 PM
lol Ohio? how is somewhere in Ohio on the top 10 most dangerous cities....

because cleveland is a wannabe deeeetroit

ha i live 5 min from #4 safest spot, guess i should move

ixfxi
11-19-2007, 12:29 PM
south central, REPRESENT!

compton in the HOUSE!

hehe damn, we're slippin out here

rps13drift
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
camden new jersey is like the fucking scariest place on earth! I read some where that it had the highest murder rate! Im suprised other Nj cities didnt make it to the dangerous list for there is alot of them i wouldnt want to be caught dead walking in at nite

diomedes
11-19-2007, 01:03 PM
I need to move to Mission Viejo soon.

SiI40sx
11-19-2007, 01:06 PM

compton in the HOUSE!

supposedly compton has been getting safer, but seriously wtf south central aint a place Id wanna be in after the street lights come on!

max2damax
11-19-2007, 01:11 PM
jaja, I live in Lake Forest and Mission viejo is like two lights away from my house, arent I lucky?

mRclARK1
11-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey... I was just considering summer plans to go visit a friend in Detriot.

Should be fun. :keke:

jfc3po
11-19-2007, 01:28 PM
i believe Cary, NC was one of the safest cities last year....

and i believe Camden almost doubled the murder rate of DC last year, and DC was number 1 the year before that....

azndoc
11-19-2007, 01:28 PM
Ah Sugarland, TX I had a lot of friends from there growing up. It is a really nice place.

What happened to Irvine though?

I thought a certain person who works at a certain company called (blank) spec lived in the nation's safest city.

Yuri
11-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Having lived in Detroit for 4 years, I have to say it's the best city ever...... for street drifting.
And by that I mean Detroit is total anarchy. You can be going 120mph on the I-94, and be passed by a cop car that doesn't even look at you.

240_whore
11-19-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm surprised that Atlanta didn't make the list... We have college park!

ALEXTHESUS*PECT
11-19-2007, 02:58 PM
cali is on there 5 times. our state is just toooooo fucking big!

B18C5MK1
11-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Mission Viejo:
As of the census of 2000, there are 93,102 people, 32,449 households, and 25,212 families residing in the city.

Detroit:
As of the 2000 census, there were 951,270 people, 336,428 households, and 218,341 families residing in the city.

i dont consider mission viejo, lake forest, or any other "city" in orange county an actual city, besides irvine and santa ana, which both have metropolitan areas. mission viejo and lake forest are just "planned communities" with homes with sparatic 'business parks'... i dont think they should be compared to places like detroit, oakland, etc.

there's a fbi website some where which has the most safest / dangerous cities with population over 150k and so forth, i just cant find it. in which irvine was included and labeled as the safest, since 2005.

but yeah, 90k people vs 900k people... obviously the crime is going to be way higher.

Mission Viejo Demographics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission_Viejo%2C_California#Demographics)

Detroit Demographics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit%2C_Michigan#Demographics)

there's nothing to do in mission viejo / lake forest anyway. theres a giant church (http://www.saddleback.com/40days/index.html) that's basically like a disneyland for christians. there's no bars, no night clubs, no liquor stores, only one freeway that boarders the town (I5)... lake forest doesnt have any freeways going through it, but it does have a toll road (SR241)..

these 'sub-cities' dont compare with normal cities. imo.

2ilvia
11-19-2007, 05:09 PM
BUT it might be based on a percentage

pbcstylez
11-19-2007, 05:15 PM
yes Oakland is in it again, funny thing is, its not that bad out here, I honestly must say Richmond, is much worse.

DragonUSMC
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
I have no idea how every single town in Iowa is not safer then ANY city in New York and Cali.

ONYX S-13
11-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I need to move to Mission Viejo soon.

M.V. has been the safest for a while now.. I lived there back in 02' and I read the same thing (top of the list)..

What's ironic is that right after I read that my wife called me and told me someone just capped like two people at the mall she worked at.. I wanted to pick her up A.S.A.P but cops had all the street shut down.. They were even in my parking structure..

After that we moved (not cause of that specific reason).

Just saw the list again.. From MV I did move to Lake forest..

I also agree with you Pedro about comparing "communities" to Metropolises. obviously is the city with the larger pop will have more crime simply cause there are more people/cars/houses/businesses/etc. to commit crimes against.

Phlip
11-19-2007, 07:37 PM
North Charleston, LMAO.
Charleston is funny like that, you cross under a bridge, headed towards Dorchester Rd. and it's like "HOLY FUCK, WHERE YOU TAKIN' ME!??!"
Then you whoop whatever native is driving's ass for tricking you.

Camden, NJ is by far the filthiest fucking city I have EVER been to in my fucking life.

iwishiwas-all*
11-19-2007, 08:33 PM
detroit was sooo fun this summer when i was up there 4 ford, 1130 at night in a white castle drive through, anything is bound to happen and I'm pretty sure it did. Ive been to memphis too man times, they are really cleaning that city up though, its pretty nice down town imo

BustedS13
11-19-2007, 11:27 PM
detroit was sooo fun this summer when i was up there 4 ford, 1130 at night in a white castle drive through, anything is bound to happen and I'm pretty sure it did. Ive been to memphis too man times, they are really cleaning that city up though, its pretty nice down town imo

memphis is a great town, i stop there when i drive down to destin. in all honesty, they're doing great things with st. louis' downtown, too (save the new ballpark, fuck that, i want my busch memorial stadium). i can walk around downtown without fear at any hour, day or night. it's just north county and east STL that are any concern. if they did the greater metro area instead of just st. louis city limits, we wouldn't be on the list.

slw240sx
11-20-2007, 01:01 AM
lol Ohio? how is somewhere in Ohio on the top 10 most dangerous cities....and lol newton MA is on the safest, not suprising I dont think they know what crime is

and yeah detroit is always up there on the list cause its economy sucks....like highest unemployment rate in the nation.....suprised baltimore isnt up there tho cause they ususally have the higest murder rate every year

never been to ohio have you? lol, its gets pretty ghetto. Cleavland its basically Detroit. Youngstown is an old mafia town now its full of thugs and gangs moving drugs in to new york. Cinncy pretty hood, you have a major college campus butted up against one of the worst ghettos in the city. the racial divide there is deadly. Dayton is a low key drug moving town, im in a nice part of the ghetto, but we have shootings every night assult rifles firing at all hours but you never hear police sirens. you should see some of the donks i get in the shop, i dont even ask where the money came from but its obvious when a 5-10K bill is paid in 5's,10's,and 20's..
Our homeless population and meth head population is multiplying everyday, and as soon as GM rolls out of town i bet we see Dayton move up to the top 10 in the next few years.

Tearlessj
11-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Memphis isn't too bad, but like every other city theres the good and the bad. Compared to Atlanta and Chi-town we are behind on development though.

614duece40
11-21-2007, 01:00 PM
i can't believe cleveland made the list, dosen't seem like that bad of a city.

nateb
11-29-2007, 03:04 PM
NJ holdin it down on both ends lol

Gnnr
11-29-2007, 03:14 PM
BUT it might be based on a percentage

Thats probably how Ohio made the list, I mean 10 people get shot there thats like half the population. Haha. j/k

lucky7
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
rofl, this shit makes me laugh.
headed to detroit maybe tomorrow, but definately sunday to do some shooting of my own... with my canon ofcourse. rofl.

for real though. i'd rather be walking around detroit in the middle of the night, than i would cleveland. whoever said it is right. cleveland is a mini detroit.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2345/2045891770_13d0378c9e_o.jpg

the economy blows ass, but i fucking love D town.

and Yuri is correct. i was once in the back seat of a car doing 100mph down I94 (60mph zone). we were hauling ass in the left lane after having a few pops. a car pu lled into our lane so we had to slow down to 85. it was the DPD... they just gave us a funny look, and he stomped on it and took off. lol, you can do whatever you want behind the wheel in detroit. red lights mean, make sure you dont get hit going through the intersection.

delphis
11-30-2007, 06:34 PM
oak town baby!

Taniguchi_Is_#1
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
camden is an............ interesting city. good thing i'm on the other side of the river; well, except when i have to go to work. d'oh.

ctm_motortrends
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM

compton in the HOUSE!

Compton if you know where your going it's a great place to me. Hell yeah for Compton !!!! :hsdance:

lucky7
12-01-2007, 09:03 PM
snapped this one about 2 hours ago....in DETROIT!! oh noess!!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2191/2079090377_0196b56ecc_o.jpg

a bum tried to mug me.....actually he just asked if i had any empty cans and a cig. haha.
its snowing like crazy. notice all the water on my lens? 13 sec exposure. too snowy for pics.
more tomorrow though. despite freezing rain in the forecast.

ONYX S-13
12-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Here's another site you can go to to compare crime rate between cities... http://medfordor.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Medford&s1=OR&c2=San+Clemente&s2=CA . Just type two cities in the contrasting field and hit "compare crime rates".

I live in San Clemente California and I wanted to check out Medford Oregon.. I was surprised at the findings even though the cities only have a 9,XXX people difference in population..

http://medfordor.areaconnect.com/crime/makechart.asp?c1=Medford&c2=San Clemente&s1=OR&s2=CA

Actual Reported Population and Crimes:

Medford, OR San Clemente, CA
Population: 68,979 59,945
Murder: 1 1
Forcible Rape: 28 5
Robbery: 53 15
Aggravated Assault: 243 59
Burglary: 556 200
Larceny Theft: 3455 579
Vehicle Theft: 279 74

If I do end up moving I guess I better get me low jack LOL

I'll also have to keep a close eye on my daughter and wife.. Sheese.. Is rape really that common in Oregon (for people that already live up there)?

mrmephistopheles
12-01-2007, 10:00 PM

compton in the HOUSE!

Oh shut up, you West Hollywood flamer! :keke:

supposedly compton has been getting safer, but seriously wtf south central aint a place Id wanna be in after the street lights come on!

Who says the streetlights come on?
:ugh:

Having lived in Detroit for 4 years, I have to say it's the best city ever...... for street drifting.
And by that I mean Detroit is total anarchy. You can be going 120mph on the I-94, and be passed by a cop car that doesn't even look at you.

My personal vision of Detroit is that of the Robocop Detroit.
"I'd buy THAT for a dollar!!"

jdm538
12-01-2007, 10:08 PM
i ate at some vietnamese/chinese restaurant in oakland. best salt and pepper squid i ever had at 2am. i didnt think the city was that bad but the roads and driveways suck ass.

B18C5MK1
12-02-2007, 01:54 AM
Here's another site you can go to to compare crime rate between cities... http://medfordor.areaconnect.com/crime/compare.htm?c1=Medford&s1=OR&c2=San+Clemente&s2=CA . Just type two cities in the contrasting field and hit "compare crime rates".

I live in San Clemente California and I wanted to check out Medford Oregon.. I was surprised at the findings even though the cities only have a 9,XXX people difference in population..

http://medfordor.areaconnect.com/crime/makechart.asp?c1=Medford&c2=San Clemente&s1=OR&s2=CA

Actual Reported Population and Crimes:

Medford, OR San Clemente, CA
Population: 68,979 59,945
Murder: 1 1
Forcible Rape: 28 5
Robbery: 53 15
Aggravated Assault: 243 59
Burglary: 556 200
Larceny Theft: 3455 579
Vehicle Theft: 279 74

If I do end up moving I guess I better get me low jack LOL

I'll also have to keep a close eye on my daughter and wife.. Sheese.. Is rape really that common in Oregon (for people that already live up there)?

dude, i'd stay in the clem if i were you after seeing those numbers! then again i read in the sunpost (san clemente local paper) they are going to have, by 2009, 2 cops per person (over the age of 18) in san clemente... thats a lot of friggin berries if you think about it...

welp, now you know where your tax money is going... so more motorcycle cops can hang out on pico. :hsdance:

miucus
12-02-2007, 02:12 AM
im not surprised richmond is on there. i get scared when i go to the 24 in hilltop.

M4Rl0N
12-02-2007, 02:23 AM
It dont even seem bad around here (east bay)

motorsnail
12-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I am kinda freaked out how some of the safest places are by the most dangrous..."Yeah this is the safest place in america just remember 10 miles down the road is hood, they will stab you for gucci." Wonder if thats how they sale houses.

HyperTek
12-02-2007, 11:48 AM
hmm seems mostly urban territories make the dangerous list...

dam makes me miss teh east coast, (well PA is close enough in my book) everyone has a different attitude there.. freaking here in cali its a rat race

punxva
12-02-2007, 01:41 PM
what happened to Richmond, Va lol east coast is slippin