PDA

View Full Version : what happens to you when you die?

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 02:12 AM
up awake again at 4 in the morning...sometimes i cant sleep because i find myself thinking about death...more than that the fact that i will die someday. It seriously freaks me out more than anything and i get pretty bad anxiety over it...anyway enough about me, im interested in what other peoples thoughts on death are..what do you guys think happens after alll this...do we go somewhere else, is it just blackness forever, do we wake up like we wer in the matrix lol...seriously write what you think and maybe some explination of why you believe that...and try to keep this serious and dont turn it into a religious war

innovation
05-09-2007, 02:14 AM
Ever see that movie, What Dreams May Come? I like the way they portray the after life. Its kinda interesting and a intense movie. You should seriously see it

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 02:18 AM
yeah i have seen it...very good movie, i hope for something like that

I think the biggest thing that freaks me out is that i kno its inevitable....so no matter what i do its something that will absolutely happen no matter what. It freaks me out even more to think that once you are dead you are dead forever...theres no coming back at all and you stay dead for all of time for millions and billions of years, and the idea of death doesnt make sense to me...if you think of it like sleep once you fall asleep your not aware you are sleeping..the only way you know you were asleep is when you wake up so if you never wake up then there is no experience at all so it seems impossible...if that makes sense...I wish i could explain it better

BustedS13
05-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Stage 1: Initial Conditions
The initial conditions for decomposition are determined by the population of flora and fauna in the intestine of the body prior to death. The intestines contain a wide range of bacteria, protozoans, and nematodes. Once the body ceases to keep these fauna in check by normal operation, they will proliferate.

Stage 2: Initial Decay
Intestinal fauna begins to digest the intestine itself, and soon begin to digest the surrounding internal organs. The body's own digestive enzymes also begin to spread throughout the body, contributing to the breakdown of tissue. When individual cells die, they release enzymes which break down the cell material and connections to other cells, initiating a cascade effect.

Within the first 24 hours, blue-green discoloration of the skin around the abdomen becomes apparent. Green-black discoloration develops in the blood as it reacts with hydrogen sulfide. Within 36-48 hours the body begins to bloat, most markedly in areas with loose skin (scrotum, eyelids, penis, etc.). Within 72 hours, the entire body has begun to decompose.

The eyes are a good indicator of time of death in this initial stage. Jack Kevorkian found in his landmark 1961 Journal of Forensic Science article that "boxcaring" in the vessels can indicate time of death to within a half-hour. Corneal film forms over the eyes within minutes if the body dies with eyes open, or within several hours if death occurs with the eyes closed. Black spots appear in the sclera within the first few hours. Bulging from gas formation and eventual retraction due to decomposition make the eyes less useful as decomposition advances.

Livor mortis occurs as blood settles to parts of the body due to the action of gravity, generally presenting as dark blue or dark purple patches. Lividity becomes visible at one half to four hours, well-developed within 3-4 hours, and acheives maximal coloration at 8-12 hours. Lividity can demonstrate the position of the body at the time of death, and any changes in position following death.

Rigor mortis, i.e., the stiffening of the corpse, begins to develop immediately after death. Muscles continue to metabolize for a short time after somatic death, and glycogen continues to be converted into lactic acid. As the pH of the tissue falls, and in the absence of new ATP generation, the actin of the muscle begins to gel and harden. Rigor is perceptible at 1-6 hours after death, at its maximum at 6-24 hours after death, and begins to disappear as the muscles are broken down by decomposition within 12-36 hours, depending on environmental and other factors.

The cooling of the body, or "algor mortis," proceeds at 1.5 degrees per hour at room temperature. Environmental factors can influence the rate of cooling (i.e., heat, humidity, immersion in water, etc.).

Flies are immediately attracted to the body after death, and lay eggs around the bodily orifices and any available wounds. Blowflies and houseflies are the most common early insect responders.

Stage 3: Putrefaction
Within 4-10 days after death, the body bloats from the build-up of gases. The pressure of the gas inflates the body and forces fluids from cells into the body cavity. Hydrogen sulfide, methane, cadaverine, and putrescine are by-products of the decomposition process. They are pushed throughout the body by the bloating action, and by the movement of the young maggots which are now populating the body. Their strong odor attracts additional insects, such as beetles, mites, and parasitoid wasps that lay eggs within the bodies of the maggots on which they prey.

Stage 4: Black Putrefaction
10-20 days after death, the body begins to collapse. The flattened body which remains has "creamy" flesh under black patches where the body is exposed. There is a very strong smell of decay, and most of the body's fluids have now begun to drain from the body and seep into the surrounding soil. Body temperature now begins to increase as a result of insect activity and heat from the chemical action of the advanced decomposition. The body is very attractive to all kinds of insects at this stage. If the body is protected from insects, adipocere begins to form.

Stage 5: Butyric Fermentation
20-50 days after death, the body has become very flattened and is beginning to dry out. The body exudes a "cheesy" smell caused by the prevalence of butyric acid, and this odor attracts new kinds of insects, particularly cheese fly, beetles, and wasps. The surrounding area develops mold as the body begins to ferment.

Stage 6: Dry Decay
50-365 days after death, the body is dry and decay proceeds at a slower rate. Eventually all hair and skin is consumed by moths, bacteria, and mites, leaving only bones.

C. Senor
05-09-2007, 02:39 AM
well i believe that our bodies go through what naturally happens in nature and all that good stuff. but i believe we have souls, lately i've been contemplating if after life we just remain in a state of being be it happiness or sadness. but my main belief still is the whole catholic view that i will go to heaven and be chillin with jesus knockin back some brew kickin it with people i knew throughout my life. it helps me sleep better.

SilviaNinja240
05-09-2007, 03:45 AM
To play devil's advocate, its very possible to just be nothingness when you die. There isn't any evidence that supports this theory, however this is also no evidence that debunks this theory also. However, to put peoples' minds at ease, when you are dead you arn't conscious, so you probably don't realise that you are dead when it happens to you. Rather you just fade into an eternal darkness. But since you don't have a consciousness anymore things like time and emotion have no more relevance.

chibo
05-09-2007, 04:13 AM
I believe there is nothing after death, just like going to sleep. Cease to exist.

cgtdream
05-09-2007, 04:13 AM
hmmm, being blessed with my semi- beliefs of recreation and heaven/hell stuff, i beleive that after we die, some of us stay behind and try to finish what we couldnt when we were alive, aka ghost, are recreated until the apocalypse, or just go to heaven or hell...other than that, i refuse to read the last few pages of the bible, or worry about death....i kinda want it to be a surprise..like a toy in a cereal box, lol

slothonaleash
05-09-2007, 04:36 AM
this topic confuses me as well... and i am not the smartest person by any means, but i was hoping for something like you die, and the moment another child is conceived, you become that mind... but that mind does not possess our character traits that we do now....it's like being a whole nother person physically and intellectually, but you get to live again without knowing it.... personally, i am a strong agnostic, so maybe to others it would be the "recycling of souls" in a sort of way i guess

death is a confusing thing, as nobody has died and lived to tell about it...i guess i'm just a kind of go with the flow kind of person...what ever happens when i die, happens

qwikspool
05-09-2007, 05:25 AM
with my beliefs and catholic faith, i believe there is life after death. we all fear death, we should. thats reality. it shows that we are not immortal .

ALTRNTV
05-09-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm going to Heaven. That is all.

youngmanvr4
05-09-2007, 06:22 AM
+1 for Heaven.

I think about death too...but it doesn't scare me. I know I am going to a save place when I die so I have nothing to fear then just the part of 'how I am going to die'.

Phlip
05-09-2007, 06:50 AM
If this turns into another "religious argument," I PROMISE to pink EVERY participant in said pissing contest.
"Heaven/hell" vs "you're dumb for having beliefs" is becoming a pain to have to moderate every week, just like "KA vs SR"

full house
05-09-2007, 07:15 AM
the things that could happen to you is depend on what you did in the present!
http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/june02/images/tyler7.jpg

'90RPS13
05-09-2007, 07:48 AM
So what the heck does a S13 have to do with it?

EastCoast: I am the same way. I develope anxiety from it. I use to think about it 4/7 days a week when trying to sleep. Now I just block it out. I know its inevitable, but I want to hope for something more. I dont like the thought of eternal darkness. Scares me.

Slothonalash: Your statement is pretty much exactly how I like to think about it.

Innovation: Very good movie. IIRC, Robin Williams and Annabelle Scorsici. Been a while since I have seen it.

Howard92884
05-09-2007, 08:30 AM
I heard you crap your pants when you die.............

Mathetai
05-09-2007, 08:49 AM
This is a very good topic since many people as well as myself have thought the same question.

The answer your question bluntly, you go either to heaven or hell. There is no inbetween and you absolutly dont come back as an animal of some sort.

In the bible, Jesus says I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except by me. This means that if you choose to follow the Lord and accept that you are a sinner and in need of a savior and just ask for His forgivness, He is faithful and just to forgive. Also in the same manner knowing and believing that He died for your sins and rose 3 days later, the bible says you will be saved.

So to get back on topic, if you are "saved" and you know in your heart where will you will go when you die, that is a very good comfortable feeling. Im sure my other brothers here will agree and say pretty much the same thing. If you would like to chat away from this, PM me and I would love to talk with you.

God Bless <///><

SimpleS14
05-09-2007, 09:27 AM
I just think I will go into a deep sleep and dream of abstract thoughts and how they can intertwine with any of my offspring (that is if I have one).

I'm not afraid to die.....just afraid of HOW I will die..as long as its not by fire or drowning, then I'm good. I like it to be quick or just in my sleep.

SilviaNinja240
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Although no one can prove the existance of Heaven or Hell (or variations of it, elysium, purgatory, Hades, etc..), I think human beings find it easier to believe that such places do exsist rather than not. If someone is dying, that person might be thinking about going to Heaven (or a variation of it depending on religon), the fact that such a place exsists or not isn't the point, rather the belief in something after death, makes the transition into death a lot more smoother and easier. I'm pretty sure its documented somewhere that many people before death turn to religon to make peace with themselves. These people might not be religous at all, but they give themselves to religon and the belief that there is such a place to give way to a smooth transition into death (which is a part of life too).

Baka Sama
05-09-2007, 09:46 AM
Hm.... I have a question. All these people that believe they are going to hevean; what do you think your gonna be doing there? I dont believe in Hell because the bible doesnt mention it. It mentions sheol/Hades. The final resting place or eternal destruction. Though we share different beliefs of why we die, what happens to us when we die is even more confusing for some.

"For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten." - Ecclesiastes 9:5

After raising Lazarus from the dead Jeasus said this, speaking of Armegedon.. "Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment." - John 5:28-30

Another scrripture making the same point of Gods final day of judgement... "And the sea gave up those dead in it, and death and Ha´des gave up those dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds." - Revelation 20:13

After final judgement of every living and resurrected person has been done. Those unfaithful will be destoryed. And for those faithful the bible says.. "And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” - Revelation 21:4

mRclARK1
05-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Hm.... I have a question. All these people that believe they are going to hevean; what do you think your gonna be doing there? I dont believe in Hell because the bible doesnt mention it. It mentions sheol/Hades. The final resting place or eternal destruction. Though we share different beliefs of why we die, what happens to us when we die is even more confusing for some.

Hades is hell, or a part of it. As far as what will people DO in heaven, no one really knows. I don't believe in the playing harps and sitting on clouds image that's for sure haha. But I would suppose if it's good enough for God to spend all eternity there, no mere person will find it boring.

Both the OP and PHLIP asked that religious debate stay out of this... so I'm not gonna comment on the verses you posted, or post any myself.

speedstar01
05-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Stage 1: Initial Conditions
The initial conditions for decomposition are determined by the population of flora and fauna in the intestine of the body prior to death. The intestines contain a wide range of bacteria, protozoans, and nematodes. Once the body ceases to keep these fauna in check by normal operation, they will proliferate.

Stage 2: Initial Decay
Intestinal fauna begins to digest the intestine itself, and soon begin to digest the surrounding internal organs. The body's own digestive enzymes also begin to spread throughout the body, contributing to the breakdown of tissue. When individual cells die, they release enzymes which break down the cell material and connections to other cells, initiating a cascade effect.

Within the first 24 hours, blue-green discoloration of the skin around the abdomen becomes apparent. Green-black discoloration develops in the blood as it reacts with hydrogen sulfide. Within 36-48 hours the body begins to bloat, most markedly in areas with loose skin (scrotum, eyelids, penis, etc.). Within 72 hours, the entire body has begun to decompose.

The eyes are a good indicator of time of death in this initial stage. Jack Kevorkian found in his landmark 1961 Journal of Forensic Science article that "boxcaring" in the vessels can indicate time of death to within a half-hour. Corneal film forms over the eyes within minutes if the body dies with eyes open, or within several hours if death occurs with the eyes closed. Black spots appear in the sclera within the first few hours. Bulging from gas formation and eventual retraction due to decomposition make the eyes less useful as decomposition advances.

Livor mortis occurs as blood settles to parts of the body due to the action of gravity, generally presenting as dark blue or dark purple patches. Lividity becomes visible at one half to four hours, well-developed within 3-4 hours, and acheives maximal coloration at 8-12 hours. Lividity can demonstrate the position of the body at the time of death, and any changes in position following death.

Rigor mortis, i.e., the stiffening of the corpse, begins to develop immediately after death. Muscles continue to metabolize for a short time after somatic death, and glycogen continues to be converted into lactic acid. As the pH of the tissue falls, and in the absence of new ATP generation, the actin of the muscle begins to gel and harden. Rigor is perceptible at 1-6 hours after death, at its maximum at 6-24 hours after death, and begins to disappear as the muscles are broken down by decomposition within 12-36 hours, depending on environmental and other factors.

The cooling of the body, or "algor mortis," proceeds at 1.5 degrees per hour at room temperature. Environmental factors can influence the rate of cooling (i.e., heat, humidity, immersion in water, etc.).

Flies are immediately attracted to the body after death, and lay eggs around the bodily orifices and any available wounds. Blowflies and houseflies are the most common early insect responders.

Stage 3: Putrefaction
Within 4-10 days after death, the body bloats from the build-up of gases. The pressure of the gas inflates the body and forces fluids from cells into the body cavity. Hydrogen sulfide, methane, cadaverine, and putrescine are by-products of the decomposition process. They are pushed throughout the body by the bloating action, and by the movement of the young maggots which are now populating the body. Their strong odor attracts additional insects, such as beetles, mites, and parasitoid wasps that lay eggs within the bodies of the maggots on which they prey.

Stage 4: Black Putrefaction
10-20 days after death, the body begins to collapse. The flattened body which remains has "creamy" flesh under black patches where the body is exposed. There is a very strong smell of decay, and most of the body's fluids have now begun to drain from the body and seep into the surrounding soil. Body temperature now begins to increase as a result of insect activity and heat from the chemical action of the advanced decomposition. The body is very attractive to all kinds of insects at this stage. If the body is protected from insects, adipocere begins to form.

Stage 5: Butyric Fermentation
20-50 days after death, the body has become very flattened and is beginning to dry out. The body exudes a "cheesy" smell caused by the prevalence of butyric acid, and this odor attracts new kinds of insects, particularly cheese fly, beetles, and wasps. The surrounding area develops mold as the body begins to ferment.

Stage 6: Dry Decay
50-365 days after death, the body is dry and decay proceeds at a slower rate. Eventually all hair and skin is consumed by moths, bacteria, and mites, leaving only bones.

+1 for a very descriptive post of what physically happens to us after death

swiftdrift
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
So what the heck does a S13 have to do with it?

Maybe because he put an Apexi liscence plate frame, a 6 inch muffler canister, some 17x7 +100 wheels, what looks like a GT-R badge, and 13,000 horsepower-gaining stickers, he has more of a chance to enter heaven.

:keke:

BustedS13
05-09-2007, 11:13 AM
I personally believe that when you die, you die. I was raised Lutheran. Lutheran grade school, Lutheran high school, Lutheran pastor's daughter girlfriend, so on and so forth. but at some point, i acknowledged that the Bible is just the retelling of a retelling of a story that was passed down word-of-mouth for centuries, translated and written down then translated again. it's like the end result of the "telephone game" you play as a kid. not to mention that the Church picked through and chose what they wanted to keep in, what they wanted to discard, and altered it to fit their own needs.
if you believe in a higher being, fine, sure. but the Bible is NOT a book to base your beliefs on. it's got some good messages, sure. but it's far from factual in any way.
a friend of mine once told me "christians can turn agnostic or atheist, but it doesn't work the other way around". think about that.

HyperTek
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
the only time i really think about death is when someone close and young passes away.. i known a few my age that have past recently.. and the thought is freaky.. When I feel down about things, I just feel that I am still thankful to be here and that Im living for all of them.

anyways, if our souls where recycled into new life, then the population would remain the same, but it increases. so I think that kinda cancels that idea.

santacruisin
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
the OP and some of you others that posted need to grow the hell up! Death is a part of life and it is stupid to dwell on it because what happens when we die is irrelevant! Its like asking what happened before the big bang; who cares, it doesn't matter and has not bearing on you right now! If you spend too much time dwelling on death then you aren't really living are you?

I used to think about this stuff too and it would freak me out but I was eight years old at the time and the concept of death had just entered my mind. Seriously, death isn't that big a deal. Just believe whatever you want about it b/c it is unavoidable so you might as well have fun with it.

mRclARK1
05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
I personally believe that when you die, you die. I was raised Lutheran. Lutheran grade school, Lutheran high school, Lutheran pastor's daughter girlfriend, so on and so forth. but at some point, i acknowledged that the Bible is just the retelling of a retelling of a story that was passed down word-of-mouth for centuries, translated and written down then translated again. it's like the end result of the "telephone game" you play as a kid. not to mention that the Church picked through and chose what they wanted to keep in, what they wanted to discard, and altered it to fit their own needs.
if you believe in a higher being, fine, sure. but the Bible is NOT a book to base your beliefs on. it's got some good messages, sure. but it's far from factual in any way.
a friend of mine once told me "christians can turn agnostic or atheist, but it doesn't work the other way around". think about that.

:ugh: Then I guess I'm an impossibility... I'm an athiest turned Christian. What your friend said is completely untrue, there are MANY cases of people coming to believe in a God (not talking just strictly Christianity here) who were athiest, agnostic and everything in between.

You're really opening up too turning this thread into what it's NOT supposed to be... a religious debate. If you want to post things like that, post them in the Christians thread. There's a lot of nice, friendly debating on the subject going on in there. :bigok:

azndoc
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
To play devil's advocate, its very possible to just be nothingness when you die. There isn't any evidence that supports this theory, however this is also no evidence that debunks this theory also. However, to put peoples' minds at ease, when you are dead you arn't conscious, so you probably don't realise that you are dead when it happens to you. Rather you just fade into an eternal darkness. But since you don't have a consciousness anymore things like time and emotion have no more relevance.

I've thought about it like the way you described it. That when I die that you just feel nothing or you don't even know if your feeling nothing. It's a scary thought that's popped up into my thoughts a few times and always gives me like an anxiety attack kind of.

But then I realize that there's nothing I can do about it. When it comes it comes. I will try and enjoy my life and cherish the moments I have with the ones that I love and care about. That's what really matters in my opinion. Thanks OP now I'm emo for about a minute now. Oh well....

Baka Sama
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Hades is hell, or a part of it. As far as what will people DO in heaven, no one really knows. I don't believe in the playing harps and sitting on clouds image that's for sure haha. But I would suppose if it's good enough for God to spend all eternity there, no mere person will find it boring.

Both the OP and PHLIP asked that religious debate stay out of this... so I'm not gonna comment on the verses you posted, or post any myself.

Well its nearly impossible to express why we die from my stand point without discussing religion. Everyone has their own view. However I really feel pitty for those who dont believe in God or think this 80-90 years of life we live full of pain and suffering is all there is to our existance. I hope these ones find happiness in their years of life because to them thats all they have.

I guess we will all find out soon enough.

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
^^ Santacruisin I think its just the opposite, In my opinion if you believe that there is something after this and that after death you will be with your friends and family then it is easier to become complacent in your life. Whereas if you believe that there is nothingness for eternity you may be in more of a hurry to experience all that you can. Thats just the way I feel about it...I think it important that you always remember you are going to die because it reminds you not to waste your life

silivianinja- thats kind of what i was talking about, but my thing is how is it possible being unconsious in death is like if youve ever been in surgery...you go under and your unconcious and then you wake up...but your unconciosness is only validated by your conciosness if that makes sense...I guess I just dont see how I can cease to exist for the rest of eternity

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
yeah i think its ok to bring up what you believe in terms of religion....I just dont want religious battles going on and any calling people out on what they believe etc. you guys know how to go about this, theres some stuff i dont agree with here but i just want to see what people think

Unholy S14
05-09-2007, 12:16 PM
i want some virgins

santacruisin
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
^^^make sure that you include "no fat chicks" in your prayers.

'90RPS13
05-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Anyone ever hear of the stories from people who have flatlined or dead for a few minuutes before being brought back?

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 12:58 PM
people who have been clinically dead briefly before being brought back say that it was very peaceful

aznpoopy
05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
you go to the big 240sx in the sky and deal with electrical problems forever.

theicecreamdan
05-09-2007, 01:04 PM
Well its nearly impossible to express why we die from my stand point without discussing religion. Everyone has their own view. However I really feel pitty for those who dont believe in God or think this 80-90 years of life we live full of pain and suffering is all there is to our existance. I hope these ones find happiness in their years of life because to them thats all they have.

I guess we will all find out soon enough.

I feel bad for the people living 80-90 years full of pain and suffering, there's no reason for most people to deal with that.

If you strike me down, I will only become more powerful than you could ever imagine. When I die I'm going to receive total consciousness. My flames will be hotter, my love will be stronger. If you think I'm badass now, just wait until you're flying down the trench of the deathstar and I convince you to turn off your targeting computer. Then I'll be like "No really you suck, you're gonna miss, ya JACKASSS!!!"

SimpleSexy180
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
However I really feel pitty for those who dont believe in God or think this 80-90 years of life we live full of pain and suffering is all there is to our existance.

that made me laugh, no really it did.

zackt69
05-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Nothing... when you die it's all over, no lights, no afterlife, just dead - that's what I think. If I'm wrong then it'll be a pleasant surprise I guess.

innovation
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Simple, when we die we are chillin with our 240's and free bird is playing in the background. That is all. SKYNYRD for life

Dutchmalmiss
05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
anyways, if our souls where recycled into new life, then the population would remain the same, but it increases. so I think that kinda cancels that idea.

I, too, believe in the "recycling" of souls in newcoming humans on earth. Since i'm a catholic, i'm gonna say "God", but I believe when He runs out of ideas with creating new souls, he collects a passed away or even existing soul, modifies it a little, deletes ALL memory from the prior life, and puts it in the next life waiting on deck. That might spiritually explain the existence of people that look TOO much like each other coincidentally.

theicecreamdan
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I think people question ideas well beyond their ability to comprehend whatever answers may come to them. Nobody understands a soul. What is it? What does it do? How does one make a soul? etc. There's no point in wondering what god does with "souls" by pretending to understand that it takes any amount of effort to make or modify one in the first place.

Matej
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM
The future is depressing.

wrapmeup2005
05-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Didn't know so many other people thought about it.
I haven't really thought about the after life so much as how much I am afraid of death itself just because it can be so unexpected. Its to the point where you couldn't tell the people that mean the most to you that they mean the most to you. But thinking about what happens after, I would say I have mixed beliefs and none of them are close to 100%. Either, life after death, reincarnation, or just nothing-ness. Just now I was thinkin about the reincarnation as maybe it doesn't just happen that you die and come in as a new born baby right away but maybe in a whole different time frame like the past present or future? I don't know and Im just blabbing on. Thats all for me
Mike

eastcoastS14
05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
has anyone ever seen that movie KPAX with kevin spacey? at the end he talks about death and says that when you die your dead as the universe continues to expand outward and then the universe will collapse back in on itself before exploding outward again (which is what scientists believe by the way) where everything will be the same so you will live your exact life over again but not be aware of it....sounds pretty possible to me...maybe an explination for de ja vue too??

steve shadows
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I've thought about it like the way you described it. That when I die that you just feel nothing or you don't even know if your feeling nothing. It's a scary thought that's popped up into my thoughts a few times and always gives me like an anxiety attack kind of.

But then I realize that there's nothing I can do about it. When it comes it comes. I will try and enjoy my life and cherish the moments I have with the ones that I love and care about. That's what really matters in my opinion. Thanks OP now I'm emo for about a minute now. Oh well....

its the same feeling when your locked in an elevator with no lights or drowning?

like theres no way out but...DEATH

haha

its kind of funny

That we can comprehend and worry and get anxiety over dieing and then when we die there is no longer any such thing related to conscious thoughts like these, it's like the Universe's joke on conscious matter. Haha

BustedS13
05-09-2007, 03:58 PM
that made me laugh, no really it did.

+1. my life isn't painful, nor am i suffering. but i'm pretty confident than when it's over, it's over :D

innovation
05-09-2007, 04:07 PM
has anyone ever seen that movie KPAX with kevin spacey? at the end he talks about death and says that when you die your dead as the universe continues to expand outward and then the universe will collapse back in on itself before exploding outward again (which is what scientists believe by the way) where everything will be the same so you will live your exact life over again but not be aware of it....sounds pretty possible to me...maybe an explination for de ja vue too??

If that is true, I can't wait to go back and do it all over again. High school was a blast lol

SiI40sx
05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Ahhh yes, another death thread. I too have been there:

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=116266&highlight=read+risk

After all my thoughts, I finally realized that I LIKE the fact that we're going to die, its something to look forward to and its something humans are used to, a beginning and an end. Really think about it, do you WANT there to be an after life? If there is one how long will it be? Do you REALLY want to live forever? Seriously think about it, living for millions, billions, trillions of years. I'm not scared of dying, I'm fucking terrified of eternity in an afterlife.

Also what I think happens when you die is what happened before you were born.

ApexRK
05-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Recently I have been thinking of this subject a lot and it freaks me out, although I have being getting closer to accepting it.
I'm not religious so I don't believe in life after death, although the thought of it is comforting, since there is no proof of its I just don't believe in it. The way I see it no one knows what happens so theroizing what might happen is pointless, I just expect it to be like your sleeping, but you never wake up....still scares me.

TheWolf
05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
If you want a good read on the meaning of life and what happens when you die. The theology of the body by Pope John Paul II. Even if your not cathloc or christian. There's good philosophy in there. A must read for anyone who thinks about life/death and whether absolute truth exists.

swift_style
05-09-2007, 07:59 PM
I have seriously thought of death and is as scared as everyone else. I get really freaked when thinking about me dying because I don't have a clue of what's next. I don't want to die, but than again I don't want to live forever because all the people that I'm really close to will be gone sooner or later and I'll be all alone. (Just what I usually think of when thinking about death).

Farzam
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I used to think about death all the time for years.

Seriously like all the time.

Now I barely do. I don't really care anymore.

You can kill me and bring me back to life if you want and i'll tell you what happened.

crashbandit
05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
dont take life so seriously..no one makes it out alive

k's_silvia2.0
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
You become an all you can eat buffet for worms.