PDA

View Full Version : That's right, I am hip hop oldschool(ish)

Phlip
04-26-2006, 08:24 PM
Artist:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/54/Logopicblk.gif
... album:
http://www.cdquest.com/images/album_art/sorted/0724/3847/0724384727925.jpg

... 2 solid hours of Premier Beats and Guru Rhymes from the first 10 years of their albums/features. One cannot hope for more, I rediscovered it in my collection the other week and been listening since.

Ricks15
04-26-2006, 08:26 PM
"MF Doom" and "Immortal tecnique"- Pure underground F**k the rest

Jdotsturn
04-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Yes underground is the illest. That Gangstarr-Fullclip album is the ish i dont know what i would do without that. But you cant forget about Sole he has some mad talent.

Phlip
04-26-2006, 09:04 PM
It has come to my attention that I am now 26 and I must be old or something, but here is my report on why Gangstarr should matter to you. The driving force of Gangstarr's quality product is DJ Premier's production. In such, without Gangstarr, many of the things that you so-called hip hop "fans" hold near and dear would have never happened, and here is the list I compiled:

*Nas - Illmatic (1994) (3 tracks)
"N.Y. State of Mind"
"Memory Lane (Sittin' in da Park)"
"Represent"

The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready to Die (1994) (1 track)
"Unbelievable"

Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt (1996) (3 tracks)
"D'evils"
"Friend or Foe"

Nas - It Was Written (1996) (2 tracks)
*couldn't find*

The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death (1997) (2 tracks)
"Kick In The Door"
"Ten Crack Commandments"

Nas - I Am... (1999) (2 tracks)
"N.Y. State of Mind, Pt. 2"
"Nas Is Like"

Limp Bizkit - Significant Other (1999)
"N 2 Gether Now"

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides (1999) (1 track)
"Mathematics"

Big L - The Big Picture (2000) (3 tracks)
"The Big Picture (Intro)"
"Platinum Plus" (feat. Big Daddy Kane)

Nas - Stillmatic (2001) (1 track)
"2nd Childhood"

... I can find more production credits, but that would require that I find songs on albums that you might not recognize,

TiNMAN
04-26-2006, 09:10 PM

you fanboy! :ghey:

ramblux
04-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Haha, I just found my Swass album the other day. Good memories. Now if I could find Redhead Kingpin...

Ricks15
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Damn right:mephfawk: the new crap that keep coming out with all these fake ghetto fabulous artists can never be at the level as some of undergrounds heaviest hitters.

TiNMAN
04-26-2006, 09:16 PM
mf doom and immortal technique are ok in my book. immortal technique isnt that great in concert IMO.

Ricks15
04-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Well you're from the bay area I remember hearing a mix tape of some crazy dj's spinning under ground. I think there from Oakland but up in the bay hip hop from over there is totally different its got a bad ass sound.

midnight zenki
04-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Excellent timing Phlip, I was just bumpin' some Group Home and Gangstarr myself. Your absoulutly dead on in regards to his conribution, Premier/Gangstarr has an uncanny ability to make some of the best true hip-hop out there.

monkey7
04-26-2006, 11:46 PM
"There was a few times when I needed your support,
but you tried to play like an indoor sport"

Personal favorite of mine!

NemeGuero
04-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Hella yah mang. Guru is slick.

Siberian Husky
04-27-2006, 12:20 AM
cant takl about old school without mentioning CL SMooth and the rest of teh Just Us League..gotta love the stuff they did with pete rock..

and yes..mf doom and immortal technique are good..but fanboyish..

One Be Lo (One Man Army from Binary Star) takes the cake for me when it comes to underground

and Atmosphere when im Emo hahah

WERDdabuilder
04-27-2006, 12:26 AM
thizzle face?

Arsenal of Glory
04-27-2006, 12:54 AM
Daily Operation is still by far Gangstarr's best album imho

ManoNegra
04-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Gangstarr is dope, no doubt. Premier ia among the best producers ever.
Any one cracking The Coup's new joint? My favorite new album.
And on a side note, just finished reading Dan Leroy's Paul's Boutique - a behind the scenes chronicle of the making of one of my all time favorite Hip Hop albums. Highly recommended.

ALTRNTV
04-27-2006, 02:24 AM
*Nas - Illmatic (1994) (3 tracks)
"Memory Lane (Sittin' in da Park)"

One of my all-time favorite songs. I absolutely love Nas.

"I rap for listeners, blunt heads, fly ladies and prisoners
Henessey holders and old school ******, then I be dissin a
unofficial that smoke woolie thai
I dropped out of Kooley High, gassed up by a cokehead cutie pie
Jungle survivor, fuck who's the liver
My man put the battery in my back, a difference from Energizer
Sentence begins indented.. with formality
My duration's infinite, moneywise or physiology
Poetry, that's a part of me, retardedly bop
I drop the ancient manifested hip-hop, straight off the block...."

EchoOfSilence
04-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Gangstarr will forever be ill.

MF doom's MMM Food album was my favorite. Immortal Technique is ill, as is Nas

But you cannot deny Wu-Tang. or Binary Star. or Giant Panda. or People under the stairs. or little brother. or ATCQ. or Digable Planets. or black star. or Pete Rock's shit. the list goes on and on....

but PLEASE SOMEONE give Percee P some fucking CREDIT.

it sounds like you just got into the scene :keke:

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 03:16 AM
and no one yet mentioned

DJ Premier - In Deep Concentration

shame on you guys

and you guys never mentioned Guru's Razzmatazz joints

cmon philly phil!

some recent work that i liked from premo was the pitch black joint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50ijXs0sZo&search=dj%20premier

ITS ALL REAL!

SimpleSexy180
04-27-2006, 03:20 AM
percee is alright.

MF Doom & Little Brother :love:

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 03:25 AM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000006041.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

My favorite album from them.

You Know My Steez, Work, Royalty, Above the Clouds, so many bangers on here

I had this on heavy rotation last week in the trunk

Phlip
04-27-2006, 05:02 AM
and no one yet mentioned

DJ Premier - In Deep Concentration

shame on you guys

and you guys never mentioned Guru's Razzmatazz joints

cmon philly phil!

some recent work that i liked from premo was the pitch black joint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50ijXs0sZo&search=dj%20premier

ITS ALL REAL!
Logan, you are not giving me near enough credit here, my thread is in reference to what I am listening to right NOW. Have a look here, quick screen shot of the folder on the computer in question, all 3 Jazzmatazz albums (waiting impatiently for part 4):
http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4910/guru8oj.jpg

... and while we're on the subject, here is the corner of my bedroom:
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6797/cdrack3pc.jpg
... and a quick screen shot of the properties of the folder on the computer I keep music in:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1413/properties8uz.jpg
We can talk music anytime, I am well equipped.

exitspeed
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Phlip you forgot...

Gza Liquid Swords
Wu-Tang 36 Chambers and forever (fell off after that)
Method Man Tical
Ghost Face First Album

And the whole Reasonable Doubt album is just pure classic IMO 22 2's...

Phlip
04-27-2006, 08:16 AM
Phlip you forgot...

Gza Liquid Swords
Method Man Tical
Ghost Face First Album

I forgot nothing, I had in mind what I had in mind, I have everything you just named and more, even some of the shitty stuff they did. I liked Wu-Tang, but I was never as fanatic as people seemed to think was cool to be over them.

exitspeed
04-27-2006, 08:44 AM
I forgot nothing, I had in mind what I had in mind, I have everything you just named and more, even some of the shitty stuff they did. I liked Wu-Tang, but I was never as fanatic as people seemed to think was cool to be over them.

I was a fanatic but still can recognize a bad album. The first round of solo albums and the first two group albums were all pretty good. After that though :nono: :cry: Kinda sucked to see'em fall off like that. That's ok though. RZA is still a master.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 09:02 AM
I was a fanatic but still can recognize a bad album. The first round of solo albums and the first two group albums were all pretty good. After that though :nono: :cry: Kinda sucked to see'em fall off like that. That's ok though. RZA is still a master.
Good, then you realize that Method Man has only had one "great" album and only Ghost has put out what I personally feel to have been good product in the last little while. Funny thing is that he has done it completely, for the most part, separate of the rest of the group. I will not doubt that Rza is nice on the boards, but I do feel that there are at least 3 producers currently peddling their wares that can outdo him if one was to, say, lock them in a room and have them compete.
My opinion, of course.

exitspeed
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Good, then you realize that Method Man has only had one "great" album and only Ghost has put out what I personally feel to have been good product in the last little while. Funny thing is that he has done it completely, for the most part, separate of the rest of the group. I will not doubt that Rza is nice on the boards, but I do feel that there are at least 3 producers currently peddling their wares that can outdo him if one was to, say, lock them in a room and have them compete.
My opinion, of course.

What producers? I'm curious.

I think as far as mainstream music goes, RZA is somewhat beyond that..Even though he's mostly known for him production in Hip Hop, I think his freindship with Tarentino will help him grow his production in the movie industry were I feel his talents can be more utilized.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 09:48 AM
What producers? I'm curious.

I think as far as mainstream music goes, RZA is somewhat beyond that..Even though he's mostly known for him production in Hip Hop, I think his freindship with Tarentino will help him grow his production in the movie industry were I feel his talents can be more utilized.
Keep in mind that this IS my opinion and you are more than welcome to disagree, but I include what I feel to be my reasons.
- Scott Storch - this man's work is not of this planet
- 9th Wonder - peep any of the Little Brother albums
- Premier - see my previous post for his resume

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 09:59 AM
Gangstarr is dope, no doubt. Premier ia among the best producers ever.
Any one cracking The Coup's new joint? My favorite new album.
And on a side note, just finished reading Dan Leroy's Paul's Boutique - a behind the scenes chronicle of the making of one of my all time favorite Hip Hop albums. Highly recommended.

I don't really like MF Doom. Skillz ain't that great.

And the Coup has a new album?

battle max
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
i have moment of truth tatted on my arm...no bullshit.

exitspeed
04-27-2006, 10:25 AM
Keep in mind that this IS my opinion and you are more than welcome to disagree, but I include what I feel to be my reasons.

Oh I'm all about opinions.:bigok:

I'll be honest. I'm not familiar with with the first two. Maybe I'll go DL some of their stuff and take a listen.

ONYX S-13
04-27-2006, 10:45 AM
I've always like Guru.. Even my pops likes him.. Jazzmatazz is still my favorite.. I haven't listened to it in a looonnngggg time though.

s14xman
04-27-2006, 11:32 AM
i loved the WU-Tang old stuff, and the first string of solo albums. But now ..eh. Thats funny PHILLIP i was just pulling that album out yesterday!! wiered. More recently i find myself listening to Atmosphere's lucy ford album, i just found that one in my case a while ago and kept listening. Big Hiero fan as well.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh I'm all about opinions.:bigok:

I'll be honest. I'm not familiar with with the first two. Maybe I'll go DL some of their stuff and take a listen.
You are familiar with Scott Storch, you just didn't realize it. He started with The Roots and branched out on his own as aproducer, he co-produced a few songs with Dr Dre, Timbaland and a few others. His own tracks are fetching damn near a hundred grand each right now.

SimpleSexy180
04-27-2006, 11:42 AM
9th wonder and j dilla beats = unstoppable.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
9th wonder and j dilla beats = unstoppable.
I would have mentioned Jay Dee, but he passed a couple months ago, but with no Jay Dilla, there is no 9th Wonder.
This chick I know introduced me to 9th a while back.

SimpleSexy180
04-27-2006, 12:33 PM
yeah it sucks he passed so soon. I downloaded a torrent of 1.7gigs of beats and songs he has done, good shit.

damn that would be dope to meet 9th.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 12:39 PM
yeah it sucks he passed so soon. I downloaded a torrent of 1.7gigs of beats and songs he has done, good shit.

damn that would be dope to meet 9th.
It was really quite random the way it happened.
My buddy was working on my car in Raleigh, I drove mom's Kia up there to deliver some parts and such, met Kristin for lunch while I was there, L.E.G.A.C.Y. happens to call her while we were at the chinese place...
"That was legs, at the mall with 9th and Pooh, wanna meet them?"

... took all I had not to appear like a fucking groupie that day.

SimpleSexy180
04-27-2006, 12:41 PM
HAHAHAHAHA seriously. i would have acted like a girl. your a lucky man.

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Logan, you are not giving me near enough credit here, my thread is in reference to what I am listening to right NOW. Have a look here, quick screen shot of the folder on the computer in question, all 3 Jazzmatazz albums (waiting impatiently for part 4)

Damn son I got owneddddd

I agree with Philip, I am RZA's biggest fan, but there are other producers who are currently doing "better" work. RZA is just revolutionary in some sense cause he shaped and changed the game. People have tried to emulate the power of the Wu (i.e like Boyz in the Hood: FAIL) but its not possible anymore I don't think. Maybe Houston could stage something, but I doubt it.

Some producers like Timbaland, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Alchemist, Kanye, etc are all making some hot tracks these days. Whether or not its mainstream or underground or whatever is besides the point, any music that makes you feel it is good music.

As far as Scott Storch goes, his name is being dropped in songs like no other. It's like DJ Clue revisited. Oh but I dunno about Storch's latest work he did for Ice Cube.. that song blows ass.

I've been feeling a lot of Cool & Dre's new stuff as well.

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Lil' Jon is getting annoying. Kanye's head is 20X too big for his skill.. and Dre always brings heat.

Timbaland will forever be a bad ass mutha fucka.

that is all.

Apossiblehybrid
04-27-2006, 01:41 PM
souls of mischief-93 till infinity

Phlip
04-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Damn son I got owneddddd

I agree with Philip, I am RZA's biggest fan, but there are other producers who are currently doing "better" work. RZA is just revolutionary in some sense cause he shaped and changed the game. People have tried to emulate the power of the Wu (i.e like Boyz in the Hood: FAIL) but its not possible anymore I don't think. Maybe Houston could stage something, but I doubt it.

Some producers like Timbaland, Pharrell, Dr. Dre, Alchemist, Kanye, etc are all making some hot tracks these days. Whether or not its mainstream or underground or whatever is besides the point, any music that makes you feel it is good music.

As far as Scott Storch goes, his name is being dropped in songs like no other. It's like DJ Clue revisited. Oh but I dunno about Storch's latest work he did for Ice Cube.. that song blows ass.

I've been feeling a lot of Cool & Dre's new stuff as well.
See, someone here sees that the point here is not to be so blindly espoused to what one feels is "underground" or whatever the fuck they call it to needlessly hate anything that they see is "mainstream."

Kanye, love or hate him, is SERIOUSLY nice with his ASR and MPC, so much to the point that his ego would be well warranted if he would just shut the fuck up about it.

... that is all for now

rainier
04-27-2006, 02:16 PM
no one listens to cormega or living legends?

s14xman
04-27-2006, 02:28 PM
souls of mischief-93 till infinity
damn good album

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 04:20 PM
no one listens to cormega or living legends?

I like living legends.

And a whole long list of others.

EchoOfSilence
04-27-2006, 04:34 PM
i find living legends annoying hahaha....
and I personally think Tical 0 was a disgrace

anyway, everyone's listing good shit in here! keep it coming!

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 04:42 PM
See, someone here sees that the point here is not to be so blindly espoused to what one feels is "underground" or whatever the fuck they call it to needlessly hate anything that they see is "mainstream."

Kanye, love or hate him, is SERIOUSLY nice with his ASR and MPC, so much to the point that his ego would be well warranted if he would just shut the fuck up about it.

... that is all for now

Yes, Evel Kanyevel is dope as hell man (well, musically).

Who cares about his ego, that fool makes sick beats and definitely is helping the game move forward, both on the front lines and in the shadows. And damn man, if I did the stuff that Kanye did, I'd have some sick ass swagger too.

Check this video out, this is hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4XOIiq9wak&search=kanye%20john%20mayer

The Common album he's working on is gonna be bananas. And let's not forget his work with Keyshia Cole, John Legend, Lupe Fiasco, etc.

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Where have you heard hits from the new Common? Hook a brudda up!

Pharcyde
cunninglynguists

and
KRS-One! I have wwaaaayyyy tooo much of his music. And an autograph. ;)

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Where have you heard hits from the new Common? Hook a brudda up!

Pharcyde

and
KRS-One! I have wwaaaayyyy tooo much of his music. And an autograph. ;)

Haven't heard any Common leaks but if the last Common album was any indication, its gonna be ill. Common has always been hot, just like Twista, UGK, Jamie Foxx (yes, musically), who has just recently got their shine. I'm actually glad the industry is finally giving them their time for all the years they've been putting it down.

KRS One has always been dope, but his older stuff was way too hip hop for me, like the BDP stuff. Oh, and "Step Into A World" was my most favorite...and probably his most mainstream joint as well.

The bridge is ova, the bridge is ova, buddadbaibaibai!

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 05:26 PM
LOL, so that's how you spell it! hahah

Damn, you got me excited with thoughts of new leaking Common.
Yah, BE was the shit. Ask Echo how hard I bumped that album.

haha

alexchanman
04-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Phlip you forgot...

Gza Liquid Swords
Method Man Tical
Ghost Face First Album

wu tang dropped some dope stuff back then but ghostfaces's new cd is kinda disappointing. liquid swords is among one of my favorite cd's.

you guys seemed to forget the Roots, Blackstar and a tribe called quest. i am a 17 year old chinese boy, i only had access to so much hip hop back then so i cant tell you about the stuff from the 80's.

im hearing crazy stuff about the roots new album, its suppose to have appearances from everyone.

MF doom is crazy and ill and stuff, i just got his Operation Doomsday cd. pure fire.

ManoNegra
04-27-2006, 06:21 PM
So no one's heard The Coup's new joint yet then?
Dust Brothers, Dan The Automator, Danger Mouse (getting played out as I type this), Rick Rubin, DJ Krush...
And I agree, Ghostface's new album was a let down but again, I've never been A Wu fan.

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 06:29 PM
you guys seemed to forget the Roots, Blackstar and a tribe called quest.

Oh, never man. Blackstar is my favorite of all time. Roots are dope, but I never got into a tribe called quest.

I didn't like the mix of jazz into it. Not to say I don't like Jazz in hip hop.. but I didn't like how they did it. I mean, I didn't give them much opportunity after an early shut-down.. but i have yet to hear anything too exciting from them.

jessfx
04-27-2006, 06:37 PM
pharcyde has been ill since forever. genius gza liquid swords has been one of my top albums for a long long time... and i'm only 20, haha. i love wu-tang. the rza's production has been on point, i think. ...well i just like the grimy beats. har har.

gang starr has forever been ill. primo is off the charts. primo does great production. as does pete rock. you can never go wrong with pete rock beats. i have to say though, when i saw guru at rock the bells last year i was like :hs: *sigh.

last emp. binary star. jean grae. emanon. edan. percee p. mf doom. afrika bam and the soul sonic force bwahahahaah. planet rock! fuckin' grandmaster flash and the furious five... white lines+the message! :cool:

mad love to j dilla forreal though. he put it down.
rip james ["jay dee"/"jdilla"] yancey.

alexchanman
04-27-2006, 06:38 PM
1999 was the year to be listening to hip hop. all that stuff came out around there.

then there was the whole whiteboy rapping excluding vanilla ice. beastie boys are monstrous, and there are these whiteboys from boston, 7l and esoteric. try and find this song, 7L and Esoteric - speaking real words, if you cant find it, IM and i can send it you. its absolutely sick.

and oh yeah i forgot a few, outkast - ATLiens, Mobb Deep - the infamous before they sold out.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 06:56 PM
1999 was the year to be listening to hip hop. all that stuff came out around there.

then there was the whole whiteboy rapping excluding vanilla ice. beastie boys are monstrous, and there are these whiteboys from boston, 7l and esoteric. try and find this song, 7L and Esoteric - speaking real words, if you cant find it, IM and i can send it you. its absolutely sick.

and oh yeah i forgot a few, outkast - ATLiens, Mobb Deep - the infamous before they sold out.
You should also try on 7L and Esoteric's song "Word Association," and another GREAT album to look for is WordsWorth's "Mirror Music," words is EXTREMELY nice on the mic, his punchlines and wordplay are amazing and -- get this -- not one curse word from him the whole album.

jessfx
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
... and a quick screen shot of the properties of the folder on the computer I keep music in:

Cameo FTW! :cool: :D:D:D:D

Phlip
04-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Cameo FTW! :cool: :D:D:D:D
Try as you might, you cannot pick anything on that page that I cannot explain my reasoning for having on my computer... I happened to have been raised on funk music by way of my pops and my uncle.

BigVinnie
04-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Good, then you realize that Method Man has only had one "great" album

I believe that album was called TICAL 1994 release.
Although METH and RED made a sick ass album too called blackout, I actually own it on vinyl and MP3.

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 07:29 PM
I wish da rockwilder was more than 2:50 long...

Phlip
04-27-2006, 07:30 PM
I believe that album was called TICAL 1994 release.
Although METH and RED made a sick ass album too called blackout, I actually own it on vinyl and MP3.
That is absolutely correct, but I didn't count "blackout" in that situation, not being a solo album. It was good though.

BigVinnie
04-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Phlip we should find some time to trade some MP3's. I Spin in my spare time and have an extensive hip hop collection as well.

A Spec Products
04-27-2006, 07:49 PM
wu tang dropped some dope stuff back then but ghostfaces's new cd is kinda disappointing. liquid swords is among one of my favorite cd's.

you guys seemed to forget the Roots, Blackstar and a tribe called quest. i am a 17 year old chinese boy, i only had access to so much hip hop back then so i cant tell you about the stuff from the 80's.

im hearing crazy stuff about the roots new album, its suppose to have appearances from everyone.

MF doom is crazy and ill and stuff, i just got his Operation Doomsday cd. pure fire.

this is the pentagon of wu:
36 chambers
cuban linx
liquid swords
tical
ironman

wu tang forever to me was the last banger that wu had...after that the solo projects came kinda soft

i liked tribe as well, but i dunno what it is but i can only listen to q-tips voice for a couple songs then i gotta turn it off

except for the scenario joint with busta....that was the jam

RAWRRR RAWRRR LIKE A DUNGEON DRAGON!

yall dont know about my mp3 collection, it would put yall to shame but probably also land me jail time son :)

Ricks15
04-27-2006, 07:50 PM
have any of you heard any good Old school Chicano rapers.

Phlip
04-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Phlip we should find some time to trade some MP3's. I Spin in my spare time and have an extensive hip hop collection as well.
<--- AIM me if you're on a high speed connection

devonkyle77
04-27-2006, 08:30 PM
mos def, no doubt.
no love for tribe called quest or cappadonna?
lolz

SimpleSexy180
04-27-2006, 08:35 PM
have any of you heard any good Old school Chicano rapers.

i have cousins who listen to chicano rap... but its just not my taste..

alexchanman
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
i didnt really think there were such hip hop music guru's on zilvia.

this is one of the better threads made of late.

add a couple more names out there, cormega, legal hustle was a work of art and so was binary star's the testament. dead prez.

EDIT: you guys ever hear of SUpraliminal the rap criminal???? well, if you havent, you should.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/supraliminal

i went to high school with the kid. he is 19 and he has already opened up for Talib Kweli and MOs Def. this kid has potential. this kid is gonna be big. buy his cd, you wont regret it.

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 10:21 PM
i have cousins who listen to chicano rap... but its just not my taste..

Orishas are sick..

Cormega is aight, I got some of his stuff.
For sure Dead Prez, I saw them in concert. Ill shit.
De La Soul
Dilated peoples
Eric Sermon so to EPMD
Outkast for sure.. but the older gangster shit. Wheelz of steel type tracks.
Slum Village
Bald head slick
Brand Newbian
Jurrassic 5
Lyrics Born
Main Source
Beatnuts
Visionaries

and big shout outs to those who know Zion I.

devonkyle77
04-27-2006, 10:26 PM
good call neme, all good choices...you are bringing out the blackness in my otherwise pale, pasty white lifestyle.

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Yah, those are some of my favorites other than the aforementioned names.

All those get lots of play time in my music library.

devonkyle77
04-27-2006, 10:34 PM
lets start a thread to talk about skynard, the rollin stones, and ac mother f'in dc yall
haha
iiiiiiiiiii wanna rock and roll all night!!!
haha
j/k

NemeGuero
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
We can make an oldies thread...

Put out some Marvin and Otis..

I know PHLIP would jump in with Myles.

devonkyle77
04-27-2006, 10:42 PM
oldies would be like, flight of the bumble bee, and symphony number 40
lol

nistech
04-27-2006, 10:45 PM
ok i m a big wu tang fan i was up in the cut at their last show first row with all the wutang members together *b4 odb died*. it was off the hook.
but anyways my question to phlip to everyone else is. who is the best "rapper" (style, lyrics, voice) in wu tang
i think it is reakwon but thats just my opionion his personal albums arent that good but man if u give him a good beat he is great.

devonkyle77
04-27-2006, 10:59 PM
tash and raekwon - raplife is a hot song nistech...
personally, out of the wu, my fave would be genius gza

Gnnr
04-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Outkast for sure.. but the older gangster shit. Wheelz of steel type tracks.

Synthesizer, microwave me /
Give me a drug so I can make seven babies /
Pump my breasts up, can you suck the fat up? /
Please make my life appear like ain't no such thing as bad luck /
My nose ain't right /
Think I need a new one /
Just take your pick, a yellow red a black or a blue one /
Virtual reality? Virtual, bullshit! /
Synthesizer preachers can reach you up in the pulpit /
Who a bitch!? /
Give me my gat so I can smoke this nigga /
Tell his mamma not to cry because they can clone him quicker than it took his daddy to make him /
Niggaz bitin verbatim /
Thought provokin records radio never played dem /
Instant, quick grits, new, improved /
Hurry hurry, rush rush, world on the move /
Marijuana illegal but ciggarettes cool /
I might LOOK kinda funny but I ain't NO fool /
Now if you wanna synthesize I emp-athize /
Now if you wanna synthesize I emp-athize /
But if you synthesize I will understand your synthesizer man

-Andre "ICE COLD" 3000

:squintd: What you know 'bout that Kast? Shit, everyone go get the "rare" track Everlasting by Outkast if you haven't heard it, sick beat.

NemeGuero
04-28-2006, 12:26 AM
:squintd: What you know 'bout that Kast? Shit, everyone go get the "rare" track Everlasting by Outkast if you haven't heard it, sick beat.

You got AIM? hit me up and send me that track.

musikjunkie
04-28-2006, 01:09 AM
cant forget about some of these guys like the mission before and after they were called crown city rockers, the procussions (sick rhymes and beats), planet asia, sound providers, jedi mind tricks, and typical cats

for dope ass instramentals it has to be RJD2

miucus
04-28-2006, 02:10 AM
rjd2, jedi mind tricks , binary star, jurassic 5, dilated peoples, esoteric, deltron 3030, zion I, wu tang, blackstar, company flow, tribe called quest, dead prez, del the funky homosapien, gang starr, immortal technique, lifesavas, talib kweli, madlib, mos def, mac dre, the old nas, necro, cannibus, list goes on

neme nice taste of underground. Zion I is one of my favs

Phlip
04-28-2006, 05:22 AM
ok i m a big wu tang fan i was up in the cut at their last show first row with all the wutang members together *b4 odb died*. it was off the hook.
but anyways my question to phlip to everyone else is. who is the best "rapper" (style, lyrics, voice) in wu tang
i think it is reakwon but thats just my opionion his personal albums arent that good but man if u give him a good beat he is great.
Using "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" as my precedent, I agree that Raekwon is the best, in theory of course.
Download a song called "Spraypaint & Inkpens," and listen to some of the shit he has done featured on other peoples' shit, however, and one will give that nod to Ghost for the shit he has done since.

alexchanman
04-28-2006, 05:50 AM

raekwon is a beast but not the best lyricicist of the group. i have to say inspectah deck is the best "rapper" in th whole group but as for success after the break, ghostface hands down. supreme clientele was one the bette cds of the solo works as was iron man.

battle max
04-28-2006, 09:26 AM
No love for Murs in here? Next to the aceyalone/RJD2 album he put out the best album of the year so far. Dont sleep on Murs/9th wonder collabs.

reefer1114
04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
atmosphere, living legends, mos def, talib kweli, hieroglyphics, del is the motherfucking man!!! jmt, i could go on forever but im drinking so yea...rock the bells is going to be so sick this year. fuck yea!!!

SimpleSexy180
04-28-2006, 05:28 PM
murs is dope. his album(s) are great listens. Aceyalone is the first underground artist i heard that got me hooked on hip hop.

jessfx
04-28-2006, 08:17 PM
Try as you might, you cannot pick anything on that page that I cannot explain my reasoning for having on my computer... I happened to have been raised on funk music by way of my pops and my uncle.

i love old funk, soul, break beats, jazz and blues, almost anything and everything that's been sampled.

oh my. music :love:

def jux, insight, asheru, mos def, talib kweli, definitely the tribe, and oh fo sho de la soul. yummy. haha.

MrBrightSide
04-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Ahhhh this album brought back memories of the good old days in the fourth grade:
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000002HH7.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

TKfoshori
01-10-2007, 11:52 AM
rjd2, jedi mind tricks , binary star, jurassic 5, dilated peoples, esoteric, deltron 3030, zion I, wu tang, blackstar, company flow, tribe called quest, dead prez, del the funky homosapien, gang starr, immortal technique, lifesavas, talib kweli, madlib, mos def, mac dre, the old nas, necro, cannibus, list goes on

neme nice taste of underground. Zion I is one of my favs

correct me if im wrong, but Isnt deltron 3030, and del the funkee homosapien the same person???
Also noone has mentioned The Reavers, that track "shadows" is nice.

S14Josh
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't really like MF Doom. Skillz ain't that great.

And the Coup has a new album?

Nah, their newest album is still "Pick a bigger weapon" released in early 06

I think they will have another one coming out soon though.

And as far as Gangstarr goes....Pure, classics. I've been listening to Mass appeal since the day i got it. I almost bought the 10 decades album, but i also snatched up jazzmatazz vol. 3 so i didnt want to spend too much.

Also, has anyone heard the new mos def? Suposedly its out but i havent heard anything about it.

bamaboy
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree with this.....I think there could be 2 more producers added to that list if they could get their heads out of their own asses and realize that being famous for being famous only makes you Paris Hilton.

1. Timbaland- When he was just producing for Missy, Aaliyah, and him and Magoo, he was raw. I think he has gotten too far into trying to be in the spotlight. He was cooler when he was fat. Timberland had that style that made you feel like something evil or not of this world was going on in the songs. Now I just see chicks shaking the ass and him trying to bone Nelly Furtado.

2. Pharell- When he was at his best was before he was making music only because he made money doing it. He is very dynamic when it comes to the different classifications of music that he can do successfully. Some of his production is still beyond me but I like it anyway because it'se more creative than what we here on the radio everyday.

exitspeed
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
^
Don't foget the the international asshole, Kanye. He might not appeal to everyone, and isn't the greatest MC, but he's genuis as an MS and a producer combo.

drift freaq
01-10-2007, 09:28 PM
well you guys missed hmmmm
CUT CHEMIST
OZOMotli
Dan the Autumator Nakamura AKA DR OcTaGon
Kid Koala from Ninja Tunes
just to name a few of the bad asses of the underground

Frosty_spl
01-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Immortal Technique is WACK!!!

So is The Game. He talks about snoop and dre in EVERY SONG!

The new Nas is dope as hell!!! Cop that NOW!

ManoNegra
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
well you guys missed hmmmm
CUT CHEMIST
OZOMotli
Dan the Autumator Nakamura AKA DR OcTaGon
Kid Koala from Ninja Tunes
just to name a few of the bad asses of the underground

Oh snap! Word!
early OZO and Cut Chemist new joint are dope.
Dan the Automator produced Dr Octagon (Kool Keith). I love most of his stuff - Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady To, Bombay the Hardway, Gorillaz and Handsome Boy Modeling School w/ Prince Paul.
I'd add DJ Krush, Filla Brazilia, Thievery Corporation, Massive Attack, Tricky, Herbalizer, Propellerheads, Medeski Martin and Wood, Blackalicious, Z-Trip... to the list.

ManoNegra
01-10-2007, 10:44 PM
correct me if im wrong, but Isnt deltron 3030, and del the funkee homosapien the same person???
Also noone has mentioned The Reavers, that track "shadows" is nice.

Hmmm.. Deltron is Kool Keith. He switches alter egos as often as normal people change underwear. He did the Black Elvis joint aswell. 'Project Polaroid' and 'Nogatco Rd' (Dr Octagon backwards) are his latest works. IIRC I read somewhere that he is related to Del.

bamaboy
01-11-2007, 12:04 AM
This is my favorite Outkast song ever.....Aquemini

Big Boi, Daddi Phat Sax, Billi Ocean, Francis the Savannah Chitlin Pimp
Now is the time to get on like Spike Lee said get on the bus
go get your workand keep your beeper chirpin' is a must
Is you on that dust or cornstarch familiar with that smack man
The music is like that green stuff provided to you by sack man
Pac man how in the fuck do you think we gon' do that man?
Ridin' round Old National on 18's without no gat man
I'm strapped man & ready to bust on any nigga like that man
Me & my nigga we roll together like Batman & Robin
we prayed together through hard times
and swung hard when it was fitting
But now we tappin' the brakes from all them corners that we be bending
in Volkswagens & Bonnevilles Chevrolets and Coupe De Villes
If you ain't got no rims nigga don't get no wood grain steering wheel
for real you can go on chill out & still build
let your paper stack instead of going into overkill
pay ya fuckin beeper bill bitch

Andre 3000, Andre Benjamin, Loucis Leftfoot
Twice upon a time there was a boy who died twice
and lived happily ever after but that's another chapter live
from home of the brave with dirty dollars
& beauty parlors
& baby bottles
& bowling ball Impalas
& street scholars
that's majoring in culinary arts
You know how to work bread cheese & dough
from scratch
but see the catch is you can get caught
Know what ya sellin' what ya bought
so cut that big talk
Let's walk, to the bridge now meet me halfway
now you may see some children dead off in the pathway
it's them poor babies walkin' slowly to the candy lady
It's lookin' bad need some hope
like the words maybe, if, or probably more than a hobby
when my turntables get wobbly they don't fall
I'm sorry y'all
I often drift
I'm talkin' gift
so when it comes you never look the horse inside it's grill
of course you know I feel like the bearer of bad news
Don't want to be it but it's needed so what have you
Now question is every nigga with dreads for the cause?
Is every nigga with golds for the fall? Naw
So don't get caught in appearance
it's Outkast Aquemini another Black experience Okay

The name is Big Boi Daddy Fat Sax
the nigga that like them Cadillacs
I stay down with these streets
'cause these streets is where my folks at
Better know that some say we pro-black boy we professional
we missed a lot of church so the music is our confessional
Get off the testicles & the nut sacks
you bust a rhyme we bust back
Get get back for real niggas that's out here tryin' to spit facts
You hear dat can't come near dat maybe you need to quit
because Aquemini is Aquarius & Gemini runnin' shit like this
Yea yea yea yea

Andre 3000, Andre Benjamin, Loucis Leftfoot
My mind warps and bends floats the wind count to ten
meet the twin Andre Ben. welcome to the lion's den
original skin many men comprehend
I extend myself so you go out & tell a friend
Sin all depends on what you believing in
Faith is what you make it that's the hardest shit since MC Ren
Alien can blend right on in wit' yo' kin
look again 'cause I swear I spot one every now & then
It's happenin' again wish I could tell you when
Andre this is Andre y'all just gon' have to make amends

TKfoshori
01-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Hmmm.. Deltron is Kool Keith. He switches alter egos as often as normal people change underwear. He did the Black Elvis joint aswell. 'Project Polaroid' and 'Nogatco Rd' (Dr Octagon backwards) are his latest works. IIRC I read somewhere that he is related to Del.
that must be how i got it.

I thing the game blows too, his new stuff seems to be name drop after name drop. Nas's cd has a little bit of that, but god damn that cd is good. I thought jay-z's cd was overrated. and scott storchs beats are nice and all, but damn everytime i see him i cant help but crack up!
I mean seriously, hes good and all but I cant help it:keke:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g73/slideyoride/BrianSmith106735641.jpg

Citystars
01-11-2007, 01:19 AM
OHHH man I fucking love this thread
I love hiphop

Anyone ever heard of looptroop? Promoe?
Crazy underground from sweden, there DJ is toooo sick.
Graff artists underground LIFE for these guys, i guess sweden really isnt a nice place to live.

check youtube for there shit.

promoe - headache
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7UmiSl7Rb4
sickest song

btw, nas - on the real = the best 3 verses in hiphop, there impossible to memorize, im close.

soreballz
01-13-2007, 04:40 AM
Is anyone here a fan of Busdriver? He's not really old school, but its good underground stuff.

fromxtor
01-13-2007, 09:25 AM
how did I miss the thread? My first single tape in 93 was just to get a rep. +1 Phlip gangstars beats and rhymes were always razor sharp, not all that cars,clothes ,and hoes BS. I miss all the underground stuff that they played on the radio tale at night in philly, and Princeton universities WPRBl ate night radio broadcast of underground uncut jams.:(

Content from a '95 mixtape I found that i recorded off the radio:
Coomon: I used to love her
Nas: It aint hard to tell
Gangstarr: Just to get a rep
" " " : Mass apeal
Wu Tang: CREAM
Channel Live: Mad IZM
KRS one: the MC
PR&CL smooth: TROY
Nice and smooth: too many songs to list. :)

woodchuck
01-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Is anyone here a fan of Busdriver? He's not really old school, but its good underground stuff.

Yes. busdriver is dope!

Phlip
01-14-2007, 10:24 AM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1214125&postcount=102
Underground does not automatically mean quality

A Spec Products
01-14-2007, 11:49 AM
http://forum.rap.de/pics/djpremier/djpremier1.jpg

Act like you know!

DJ Premier.

Hottest beats ever.

Then you sprinkle some Guru on it and game over.

turtl631
01-15-2007, 04:30 PM

That's wrong. Kool Keith=Dr. Octagon=Dr. Doom, and he got his start as part of the Ultramagnetic MCs, whereas Deltron 3030 had Del Tha Funky Homosapien as an MC and Automator on the beats. Del is Ice Cube's cousin, and has done solo albums as well. They've both worked with Automator, but they're definitely not the same person. Del and Kool Keith sound nothing alike.

ManoNegra
01-15-2007, 04:45 PM
You're right. Hard to keep all this shit straight.

btw... Wikipedia ftw!

Keith Matthew Thornton is his real name. Known for creating a gang of characters, Keith has written and performed under many pseudonyms.

This list is taken from KoolKeith.Co.Uk.[2][3]

* KOOL KEITH: His rapper name.
* KEITH TURBO: He used this alias for the Keith Turbo track from the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* KEITH TELEVASQUEZ: He used this alias on Clifton with Motion Man on the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* KEITH KORG: His Analog Brothers alias.
* MATTHEW: Keith’s middle name and alias for a full LP.
* DR. SPERM: Known to be his first alias as a rapper.
* DR. OCTAGON: C’mon, you know this one.
* DR. ULTRA: He was Dr. Ultra in the “Five Deadly Venoms” Sprite commercials.
* DR. DOOOM: He created this character with sick rhymes and a goal of killing Dr. Octagon.
* BLACK ELVIS: Dr. Dooom’s twin. Created for the Columbia Records album.
* POPPA LARGE: He’s Poppa Large, big shot on the East Coast.
* MR. GREEN: He used this alias on the back cover of Ultra’s Big Time LP.
* MR. GERBIK: The dangerous 208 year old uncle of Dr. Octagon. Half Shark-Alligator, Half Man.
* ORANGE MAN: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* MC BALDYLOCKS: Unknown right now.
* THE FOURTH HORSEMAN: He considered himself The Fourth Horseman on the Ultramagnetic MC’s Four Horsemen LP.
* BLONDE MAN: He referred to himself as Blonde Man in the liner notes of the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* CLEAN MAN: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* SHARK MAN: Another name for Mr. Gerbik.
* ELEPHANT MAN: From 1996 to 1998 he always said he planned on releasing an album under the alias Elephant Man.
* ALIEN MAN: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* JIMMY STEELE: He referred to himself as Jimmy Steele in the liner notes of the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* WILLIE BIGGS: He used this alias in the track Still The Best from the Sex Style LP. He also used it on the back cover of Ultra’s Big Time LP.
* BIG WILLIE SMITH: He released a limited EP with the Beat Terrorists under this alias.
* WILLIE NATURAL: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* REVEREND TOM: He first used this alias on the track Fat Lady from Ultra’s Big Time LP and later used it on Thee Undatakerz LP.
* MIKE STANLEY: He uses this alias in DJ Spooky's Riddim Warfare LP.
* LARRY LOPEZ: He used this name with Heather Hunter for “Toot Toot Hey Beep Beep”.
* THE X: He used this name on the inside cover of the Ultramagnetic MC’s Four Horsemen LP.
* RHYTHM X: He first used this alias in the track Funk Radio from Ultramagnetic MC’s Funk Your Head Up LP.
* X-CALIBER: He first used this alias in the track Funk Radio from Ultramagnetic MC’s Funk Your Head Up LP.
* X-74: He used this alias in the song Kick a Dope Verse by the Cenobites
* FLY RICKY THE WINE TASTER: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* RICO FROM PUERTO RICO: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* FUNK IGNITER PLUS: He first used this alias in the track Funk Radio from Ultramagnetic MC’s Funk Your Head Up LP, and he still uses this alias.
* ROBBIE ANALOG: He used this alias to make fun of the RZA on the inside cover of Dr. Dooom’s LP.
* SINISTER 6000: He used this alias on Automator’s A Better Tomorrow.
* CRAZY LOU: He Used this name as the guns and ammo salesman in Weapon World from Prince Paul’s A Prince Among Thieves.
* LONNIE HENDREX: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* LIGHT BLUE COP: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* THE KID IN THE COMMERCIAL: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* JOE KINGPIN: He used this alias in the track Still The Best from the Sex Style LP.
* BLACK LINEN: He used this alias in the track Silk Suit, Black Linen from the Masters of Illusion LP. Motion Man was Silk Suit.
* ELVIN PRESLEY: He gave away cards at concerts. The cards had a picture of him with the name Elvin Presley.
* DELI BOY: He was called Deli Boy in the comedy/porn “Sex For Life Too”.
* SK8 JOHNSON: He used this alias in the Bootleg Skater videos.
* PLATNINUM RICH: One the Diesel Truckers, along with The Funky Redneck.
* EXOTRON GEIGER COUNTER ONE PLUS MEGOTRON: He used this alias on Marley Marl In Control in 1989. He also used a longer version. He also used this alias in Ultramagnetic MC’s track Traveling At The Speed Of Thought.
* ACTIVITY: This was his name when he was with the NYC Breakers
* EXXON: He gave away cards at concerts. The cards had a picture of him with the name Exxon.
* CAPTAIN KOOL: This was an alias he was supposed to use according to Liveonerecords.com.
* CAPTAIN BLACK: This was an alias he was supposed to use according to Liveonerecords.com.
* EXOTRON GEIGER COUNTER ONE GAMA PLUS SEQUENCER: He used this alias on Marley Marl In Control in 1989. He also used a shorter version.
* ROBERT PERRY: He used this alias for the track Robert Perry from his Lost Masters LP.
* JOHN CLAYBORNE COUSIN OF JIMMY HICKS: He used this alias on the Clayborne Family LP with Marc Live and Jacky Jasper.
* MR. NOGATCO: Released an album under this name with Izreal.
* TASHAN DORRSETT: Supposed to release an album under this name with DJ Junkaz Lou.
* NAQUAN aka UNDERWEAR PISSY: Alias on the NEW Ultramagnetic MC's album, "The Best Kept Secret".

A Spec Products
01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Damn, talk about split personality disorder.

My alter ego is A Spec Logan.

I got nothing else cool.

turbozxi
01-15-2007, 10:28 PM
Liked the WU's 36 chambers and the Grave Diggas 6 feet deep Albums when they first hit, as well as Onyx's BAcdafukup. They all went down hill from there imo.

exitspeed
01-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Damn, talk about split personality disorder.

My alter ego is A Spec Logan.

I got nothing else cool.

Funny. I never had an breakin name when I used to break. But now a lot of my breakin friends and some of my other friends call me Mellie Mel.

bamaboy
01-16-2007, 07:42 PM
if you haven't heard anything from Little Brother...I suggest you talk to Phlip...these boys are serious

A Spec Products
01-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Funny. I never had an breakin name when I used to break. But now a lot of my breakin friends and some of my other friends call me Mellie Mel.

Terribly uncreative, your friends are.

HyperTek
01-16-2007, 11:07 PM

I know this post in the quote is old.. but dam i envy your collection and organization..

mines is all full albums and mostly trance and old stuff..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/streetphase/mp3s.jpg

thats not accounting the 4gigs of loose single mp3s floating around my hd..

soreballz
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showpost.php?p=1214125&postcount=102
Underground does not automatically mean quality
lol, where did anyone say anything to dispute that?

Phlip
01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
lol, where did anyone say anything to dispute that?
The conversation often turns into that being implied without being stated.
I prefer to state my piece with the finesse of a bull in a china shop.

drift freaq
01-17-2007, 10:20 PM
You're right. Hard to keep all this shit straight.

btw... Wikipedia ftw!

Keith Matthew Thornton is his real name. Known for creating a gang of characters, Keith has written and performed under many pseudonyms.

This list is taken from KoolKeith.Co.Uk.[2][3]

* KOOL KEITH: His rapper name.
* KEITH TURBO: He used this alias for the Keith Turbo track from the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* KEITH TELEVASQUEZ: He used this alias on Clifton with Motion Man on the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* KEITH KORG: His Analog Brothers alias.
* MATTHEW: Keith’s middle name and alias for a full LP.
* DR. SPERM: Known to be his first alias as a rapper.
* DR. OCTAGON: C’mon, you know this one.
* DR. ULTRA: He was Dr. Ultra in the “Five Deadly Venoms” Sprite commercials.
* DR. DOOOM: He created this character with sick rhymes and a goal of killing Dr. Octagon.
* BLACK ELVIS: Dr. Dooom’s twin. Created for the Columbia Records album.
* POPPA LARGE: He’s Poppa Large, big shot on the East Coast.
* MR. GREEN: He used this alias on the back cover of Ultra’s Big Time LP.
* MR. GERBIK: The dangerous 208 year old uncle of Dr. Octagon. Half Shark-Alligator, Half Man.
* ORANGE MAN: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* MC BALDYLOCKS: Unknown right now.
* THE FOURTH HORSEMAN: He considered himself The Fourth Horseman on the Ultramagnetic MC’s Four Horsemen LP.
* BLONDE MAN: He referred to himself as Blonde Man in the liner notes of the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* CLEAN MAN: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* SHARK MAN: Another name for Mr. Gerbik.
* ELEPHANT MAN: From 1996 to 1998 he always said he planned on releasing an album under the alias Elephant Man.
* ALIEN MAN: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* JIMMY STEELE: He referred to himself as Jimmy Steele in the liner notes of the Black Elvis/Lost In Space LP.
* WILLIE BIGGS: He used this alias in the track Still The Best from the Sex Style LP. He also used it on the back cover of Ultra’s Big Time LP.
* BIG WILLIE SMITH: He released a limited EP with the Beat Terrorists under this alias.
* WILLIE NATURAL: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* REVEREND TOM: He first used this alias on the track Fat Lady from Ultra’s Big Time LP and later used it on Thee Undatakerz LP.
* MIKE STANLEY: He uses this alias in DJ Spooky's Riddim Warfare LP.
* LARRY LOPEZ: He used this name with Heather Hunter for “Toot Toot Hey Beep Beep”.
* THE X: He used this name on the inside cover of the Ultramagnetic MC’s Four Horsemen LP.
* RHYTHM X: He first used this alias in the track Funk Radio from Ultramagnetic MC’s Funk Your Head Up LP.
* X-CALIBER: He first used this alias in the track Funk Radio from Ultramagnetic MC’s Funk Your Head Up LP.
* X-74: He used this alias in the song Kick a Dope Verse by the Cenobites
* FLY RICKY THE WINE TASTER: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* RICO FROM PUERTO RICO: This was an alias he used back when HipHopSite.com ran KoolKeith.com.
* FUNK IGNITER PLUS: He first used this alias in the track Funk Radio from Ultramagnetic MC’s Funk Your Head Up LP, and he still uses this alias.
* ROBBIE ANALOG: He used this alias to make fun of the RZA on the inside cover of Dr. Dooom’s LP.
* SINISTER 6000: He used this alias on Automator’s A Better Tomorrow.
* CRAZY LOU: He Used this name as the guns and ammo salesman in Weapon World from Prince Paul’s A Prince Among Thieves.
* LONNIE HENDREX: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* LIGHT BLUE COP: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* THE KID IN THE COMMERCIAL: This was one of his characters in the Livin’ Astro video.
* JOE KINGPIN: He used this alias in the track Still The Best from the Sex Style LP.
* BLACK LINEN: He used this alias in the track Silk Suit, Black Linen from the Masters of Illusion LP. Motion Man was Silk Suit.
* ELVIN PRESLEY: He gave away cards at concerts. The cards had a picture of him with the name Elvin Presley.
* DELI BOY: He was called Deli Boy in the comedy/porn “Sex For Life Too”.
* SK8 JOHNSON: He used this alias in the Bootleg Skater videos.
* PLATNINUM RICH: One the Diesel Truckers, along with The Funky Redneck.
* EXOTRON GEIGER COUNTER ONE PLUS MEGOTRON: He used this alias on Marley Marl In Control in 1989. He also used a longer version. He also used this alias in Ultramagnetic MC’s track Traveling At The Speed Of Thought.
* ACTIVITY: This was his name when he was with the NYC Breakers
* EXXON: He gave away cards at concerts. The cards had a picture of him with the name Exxon.
* CAPTAIN KOOL: This was an alias he was supposed to use according to Liveonerecords.com.
* CAPTAIN BLACK: This was an alias he was supposed to use according to Liveonerecords.com.
* EXOTRON GEIGER COUNTER ONE GAMA PLUS SEQUENCER: He used this alias on Marley Marl In Control in 1989. He also used a shorter version.
* ROBERT PERRY: He used this alias for the track Robert Perry from his Lost Masters LP.
* JOHN CLAYBORNE COUSIN OF JIMMY HICKS: He used this alias on the Clayborne Family LP with Marc Live and Jacky Jasper.
* MR. NOGATCO: Released an album under this name with Izreal.
* TASHAN DORRSETT: Supposed to release an album under this name with DJ Junkaz Lou.
* NAQUAN aka UNDERWEAR PISSY: Alias on the NEW Ultramagnetic MC's album, "The Best Kept Secret".

Damn my bad I forgot DAn the Automator produced Kool keith and Kool was DR Octagon. shit its been awhile since I heard those joints that was the early 90's. Anyways fucking jam up crazy all the alias that boy run with.
I only had Two or three Alias's T because my middle name is Thomas and Dpro which is actually my old producer and stage name. Now I just stick with D nice and short ya my name is Dave.
Used to drop the live drum n bass joints at Parties in the San Francisco bay area and Los Angeles area. Also used to drop the live Parties in the City by the bay.

ManoNegra
01-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Haha, alter egos are fun. Had a few myself when I was still in the graf life.

irax
01-18-2007, 10:30 AM
http://forum.rap.de/pics/djpremier/djpremier1.jpg

Act like you know!

DJ Premier.

Hottest beats ever.

Then you sprinkle some Guru on it and game over.

GangStar one of the best yet!

bamaboy
01-21-2007, 08:25 AM
damn....it just dawned on me that I have forgot another one of Atlanta's finest groups ever to throw into this discussion....Goodie Mob. This group cultivated the ever popular Ceelo Green, one half of Gnarls Barkley, into the expressive psycadelic rock rapper that he is today. There get pretty deep into their rhymes and they have an old school non-crunk Atlanta type sound. I recommend the first album Soul Food.

alexchanman
01-30-2007, 08:58 PM
guess what i just pulled out my closet.......................

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/achan007/liquidswords.jpg

easily one of the best CD's ever made in life. beats like no other and rhymes like no other. This cd also has one of the best songs ever made in life....................................BIBLE by killah priest.

black market militia - the renaissance (very good song)

S14Josh
01-30-2007, 10:05 PM
http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/e/epmd~~~~~~~_outofbusi_101b.jpg

Come on now!!!

jspek
01-30-2007, 10:18 PM
i just bought that gang starr cd. amazing.

A Spec Products
01-30-2007, 11:07 PM
i just bought that gang starr cd. amazing.

http://hem.passagen.se/bboyswe/pics/moment.gif

Which one? Moment of Truth?

That was one of their best imo.

guess what i just pulled out my closet.......................

easily one of the best CD's ever made in life. beats like no other and rhymes like no other. This cd also has one of the best songs ever made in life....................................BIBLE by killah priest.

Yes, one of my top ten albums of ALL TIME as well.

B.I.B.L.E (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) is such a sick ass song.

On a side note, I just listened to the new Nas - Hip Hop Is Dead album

That new song with Kanye (Still Dreaming Track #9) is dope as hell

http://jmsabler.imeem.com/music/VVIXT6Yo/still_dreaming_ft_kanye_west/

YOU DID IT AGAIN KANYE YOU A GEEEENIUS!

The rest of the album is ok...maybe I gotta listen to it a couple more times.

I liked Tracks 1, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15 (The Game!)

alexchanman
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM
what about that GAME cd???

it was nice but ehhh..... its just that dre's and snoop's balls were in his mouth the whole time.

Gnnr
01-31-2007, 10:43 PM
The name is Big Boi Daddy Fat Sax
the nigga that like them Cadillacs
I stay down with these streets
'cause these streets is where my folks at
Better know that some say we pro-black boy we professional
we missed a lot of church so the music is our confessional
Get off the testicles & the nut sacks
you bust a rhyme we bust back
Get get back for real niggas that's out here tryin' to spit facts
You hear dat can't come near dat maybe you need to quit
because Aquemini is Aquarius & Gemini runnin' shit like this
Yea yea yea yea

Man, I love that song too thats my favorite part right there. You think the song is over and then its like, NO BITCH "The name is- Big Boi! Daddy FAT SACKS! The nigga that ride them CaddilLACS!..." :D

A Spec Products
02-01-2007, 12:44 AM
what about that GAME cd???

it was nice but ehhh..... its just that dre's and snoop's balls were in his mouth the whole time.

Mannnnn...you east coast guys don't understand.

Game is dope as hell.

exitspeed
02-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Was just listeing to a CD I made a few years ago. Classic tracks IMO.

Ghetto Jam - Domino
Sideways - E-40 and Mack 10
Back in the Day - Ahmad (??)
Po Pimp - Do or Die
Ditty -Paperboy
Boys in the Hood - Easy E
Rollin with my strap - Spice 1

Gnnr
02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Man, I seriously slept on this one (as usual).

Jin - The Emcee

That album gives you 14 solid tracks. Didn't have to hit fast forward once. Lyrics and beats, its all there. Please go listen to this if you haven't, I don't think you'll be disappointed, real hip hop.

Gnnr
02-15-2007, 01:43 PM
Awww, and he's from Miami too!? To think all that time we where harboring a true lyricists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jin_Au-Yeung

S14Josh
02-15-2007, 09:08 PM
March 6th is the day!

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000MR9EQ2.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V45677848_.jpg

and the new Talib Kweli and madlib is out...gotta check that out for sure!

staygold24
02-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Listening to the new lb mixtape. Thanks to someone from this thread.

I saw jin live about two years ago. He wasnt that good live when he had that yall gon speak chinese track. Ill check out his new shit though.

I want that talib and madlib cd, nobody stocks it round here, guess Ill have to order it.

S14Josh
02-17-2007, 03:31 PM
yeah, i went to a local shop here and they ordered it for me. I get it tuesday.

Last night i picked up three albums, all of them are the SHIT
http://www.stonesthrow.com/records/covers/quasimoto-unseen2-400.jpg
Quasimoto - The Unseen
http://notrax.jp/common/imglib/L/B00077FT8O.jpg
Living Legends - Classic
http://www.djouls.com/beck/images/Beck-The_Information_2CD_b.jpg
Beck - The Information

A Spec Products
02-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Man, I seriously slept on this one (as usual).

Jin - The Emcee

That album gives you 14 solid tracks. Didn't have to hit fast forward once. Lyrics and beats, its all there. Please go listen to this if you haven't, I don't think you'll be disappointed, real hip hop.

I am not a fan of Jin.

He had his 15 minutes when on Power 106 Freestyle Friday, but after that I was like meh

He's a freestyle rapper, if that.

BC240
02-17-2007, 05:31 PM
The new E-40 Album is awesome.. but there is no need for the white girl song lol.. wtf

Landers
02-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Swollen Members anyone??? Brother Ali??? just a few

Gnnr
02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
I am not a fan of Jin.

He had his 15 minutes when on Power 106 Freestyle Friday, but after that I was like meh

He's a freestyle rapper, if that.

Well, the only opinion I had of him was from the weak single I heard (learn Chinese) from his first album. But a friend lent me his second album release (2005), no corny singles here. Just straight up rap. Hasn't left my car's CD deck all week. I'm impressed.

A Spec Products
02-17-2007, 09:47 PM
The new E-40 Album is awesome.. but there is no need for the white girl song lol.. wtf

WHITE GIRL
WHITE GIRL
GIRL GIRL
WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE GIRLLLLLLLLLLLL

I'm glad 40 water finally gets his shine now.

HyperTek
02-18-2007, 12:32 PM
Man, I love that song too thats my favorite part right there. You think the song is over and then its like, NO BITCH "The name is- Big Boi! Daddy FAT SACKS! The nigga that ride them CaddilLACS!..." :D

Outkast was sick before the days of Stankonia, ATaliens and Aqumini was are 2 of my favorite albums, I never heard southerncadilacplayalistic or whatever that album was called though.

Well, the only opinion I had of him was from the weak single I heard (learn Chinese) from his first album. But a friend lent me his second album release (2005), no corny singles here. Just straight up rap. Hasn't left my car's CD deck all week. I'm impressed.

I might have to check that out, im not a fan of his singles (thought they where corny trying to cash on the fact of being an asian rapper) but I know he does have some lyrical flows.

Lemme know if you guys like this track, I loaded it on my server. some really old 2pac you guys prolly never heard. I love the flows and beat in the song. This is really old since he doesnt call himself 2pac. Theres another rapper on it too but I cant put a finger on who it is. SOunds like before the Digital Underground/2pacalypse days
http://www.tunerbase.com/audio/19-2pac-never_be_beat-41st.mp3

harlockssx
02-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Man, I thought this thread was about OLD School...Ya'll are a bunch of youngsters! Last I checked, my music library was over 342 GB! A few true old school faves (I'm 35).

Eric B & Rakim

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0008KLVVO.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

MC Lyte

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000002JLZ.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Chubb Rock

http://ec2.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000008EAJ.01._SS500_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Public Enemy

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000024K1.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Boogie Down Productions with KRS-1

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B0000004UM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Big Daddy Kane

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000002LI2.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg