PDA

View Full Version : so my parts fell through, what to do??? Opinons?

Tenchuu
09-22-2005, 09:52 AM
well my japan hookup went south. Bad news: motor and all parts from Japan are now out. Good news I will be getting most if not all of my money back.

Now I am thinking on what to do. I like my car (98 240) but it really doesn't have ehough power.so back to the old ???. do i...
1. say fuck it, sell car, sell parts and be over 1/2 way to a G35 coupe?
2.keep car, drop in a S14 instead of S15 and just sell the parts that i'm not going to need.
3. Possibly go KA-T?? look into how mutch that is said and done

just to give an idea:

money back from japan (5792-7292)

parts installed:

navan wing
3"catco cat
RS*R GTII exhaust
RS*R 3" downpipe ( for SR but fits 98 KA)
Apexi SAFC II
HID kit
ARC induction box
Renova cooling panel
Greddy Tri-tube brace
battery relocation kit
Optima red top
Project mu brake pads

parts sitting around my house:

Nismo motor/ transmission mounts
BOV flange
"A"s Emblems <--stupid i know
Koyo S14 SR radiator
S15 Dash gauge
80mm Maxima MAF
flexalite 225 fan
Apexi turbo timer
Walbro fuel pump and S14 kit
300zx fuel filter
SR20 factory oil filter
auto--->mauual hardware
auto-->manual dash trim and under boots
S15 punkin w/2 way LSD, speed sensor, output shafts, and axles
GReddy typr R BOV

So what do you guys think??

anyotherone
09-22-2005, 10:26 AM
I don't know exactly what your goals are, so maybe you don't want to go this route... but it looks like with the parts you already have, everything would work for you to just turbo the KA. If your KA is in decent shape, you could buy all the hardware you need and make close to 300whp very easily.

Your in SoCal, right? So why swap in a non-U.S. engine and cause even more problems for yourself? I'm in TX, so I don't have to worry about smog and stuff, but I'm still thinking that I'm just going to keep the KA24. Its just a whole lot less work in some ways, a little more work in other ways, but in the end, it comes out to a more streetable setup.

I had a WRX with a tiny 13g turbo, but it still drove me nuts having to downshift to get going sometimes. Now with the KA, I just mash the throttle and scoot on up to speed. I'd just like a few hundred more HP up in the racing 4K+ rpm range. :D

This is totally my opinion, obviously.

kandyflip445
09-22-2005, 10:28 AM
:repost: :keke:

WilloW
09-22-2005, 11:41 AM
I say sell your S14 and get a G35, you'll be off the popo's radar and still have a nice car. If I didn't moved to Texas (from Cali) I would've probably sold my S14 already. KA-T would be nice but you're going to get hassle by the cops anyway, good luck.

Tenchuu
09-22-2005, 11:59 AM
:repost: :keke:

well if you look at the end of the other post, I decided to let the non preemies in for an opinion too. but if someons says no go then I'll cank a thread.

Tenchuu
09-22-2005, 12:12 PM
to the poeple worrying about emmisions stuff. I live in Oregon, so I have no emmissions. the cops don't give 2 shits about what i have in my car even if pipes were sticking out through the hood. I just work in cali for a few more months.

OptionZero
09-22-2005, 01:25 PM
learn how to drive the car better, install the parts, learn how to drive the improved car better, be happy