PDA

View Full Version : Type-x clear bumper lens install.

skeptic
08-28-2005, 07:31 PM
I just got my kouki 180sx type-x clear bumper lenses in and it didnt come with a harness or anything. there are two prongs on the 180sx clear bumper lenses but on the 89-90 harness there are three. how do i go about installing this? is a new harness needed off a 91+? any help appreciated. thanks.

undercoverdjay
08-28-2005, 07:41 PM
youd have to cut and splice and use quick disconnect crimp on plugs from radioshack. isnt too tough. before you do, try and test the wires with a multimeter to see what does what

240silvia
08-28-2005, 09:41 PM
ok, on the light... the 2 prongs are power and ground. Get 2 female connectors with wire and plug them into the signals. Ok, they are done. Now, for the car harness, the 3 wires.... 1 is constant power, 1 of them is ground, and one of them is the switch power. You want to hook the ground up on the light to the ground on the harness. NOW, get a test light, and you need to find out what wire is the constant and what wire is the siwtch power. You want to hook the power on the signal, to the switch power on the harness. NOW, when you turn the parking lights on, the lights will come on. Viola.....

-Charles

Masa
08-29-2005, 03:35 AM
^^^ what he said, unless you wanna run the position lights as blinkers... then you use the other wire that sends power when blinkers are turned on.

better than buying the amber foglight blinkers for the bottom, save money that way.

ZK
08-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Do you have the OEM kouki bumper? Those position lights are made to stay on, if you want turn signals, you need to get the turn signals to mount in the hole under the position lights.