PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET looses boost past 4K

TheVinylKingz
04-13-2021, 12:09 PM
SR20DET drives fine but once past 4K it then looses power I can hit boost at lower RPM, 3500k, I do feel it pulling pass 4K, NOW when attempting again it doesn?t boost and starts to lag. Anyone experienced this ????

SpecR T28 OEM turbo

brndck
04-13-2021, 01:53 PM
What did you change? Did you replace or modify something, THEN this problem started?

What have you tested? Compression? Fuel pressure? Power balance test? Vacuum / boost leaks?

TheVinylKingz
04-13-2021, 02:35 PM
What did you change? Did you replace or modify something, THEN this problem started?

What have you tested? Compression? Fuel pressure? Power balance test? Vacuum / boost leaks?

I?ve checked spark plugs, checked side Mount intercooler, hoses are good. I still need to do a compression test.

Mikester
04-20-2021, 06:01 PM
The easy things to do are:

Check all your vacuum/boost lines. You could have a small crack or tear in one that opens up when it gets hotter.

Also, check your actuator- see if it's overly loose when moving it by hand- I've seen them get flaky with heat too.

Do you hear any hissing when trying to build boost but not boosting? Sure sign of a boost leak. Good luck!

EDIT: Just realized this is a week old. Would really be nice to hear back on what the fix was if found.

Mike