PDA

View Full Version : 3 piece wheel hardware

burnsauto
04-01-2021, 01:39 PM
So yeah, 3 piece wheel hardware, thread lock or no?

I've read around, I'm getting mixed messages. Contacted threepiece, they don't want to give me an answer. My wheels came with no such thread locker on the original hardware, should I be ok with just torque to spec?

silviaks2nr
04-01-2021, 02:43 PM
If they are serrated nuts I wouldn't otherwise I would use just a teeny bit of blue loctite.

truckmtrS13
04-04-2021, 06:21 PM
Could you check with the original manufacturer of the wheels?

Saw you are 717. Wonder if I’ve seen your car around?

relaxamigo
04-04-2021, 06:53 PM
If they are serrated nuts I wouldn't otherwise I would use just a teeny bit of blue loctite.

^^^ what he said. I will say taking apart/rebuilding wheels with loctite is highly unpleasant

burnsauto
04-04-2021, 08:31 PM
Could you check with the original manufacturer of the wheels?

Saw you are 717. Wonder if I?ve seen your car around?

SSR doesn't want you taking apart their wheels. They don't release torque specs on their hardware, etc. My car is in a million pieces right now, so you haven't seen it, lol.

relaxamigo
04-04-2021, 09:22 PM
SSR doesn't want you taking apart their wheels. They don't release torque specs on their hardware, etc. My car is in a million pieces right now, so you haven't seen it, lol.

You don't have to look up torque specs per manufacturer, you can try finding them on the sizes of the hardware instead. M6 usually has lower torque than an M8, and so on

GabeS14
04-04-2021, 09:39 PM
I did not use thread locker on any of my wheel rebuilds after the first rebuild done by a friend who used it and I spent $1400 to fix the wheels...
That shit destroys the bolts when you have to take them apart. It's a fucking nightmare half the bolts break inside the wheel face and it's super expensive to drill out if they don't come out easily

VR wheels and Wheel flip didn't use thread locker either when they did my wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

burnsauto
04-05-2021, 06:27 AM
I did not use thread locker on any of my wheel rebuilds after the first rebuild done by a friend who used it and I spent $1400 to fix the wheels...
That shit destroys the bolts when you have to take them apart. It's a fucking nightmare half the bolts break inside the wheel face and it's super expensive to drill out if they don't come out easily

VR wheels and Wheel flip didn't use thread locker either when they did my wheels.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback!